UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Graveler Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

The Adventure of Marche, Ritz, and Mewt trapped (albeit some happy that way) in a dream world full of everything Final Fantasy. Learn the secret of the crystals, unlock the totema, and restore the world to its previous state, all whilst dodging the judges and their, at times, heinous laws.

This is the world of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, a game for the GBA. A latecomer into the world of Final Fantasy, having rarely had the opportunity to play them before, I have only been playing FFTA for a couple months, on VBA. Still, I love the concept, and even the application of said concept in the game. With a hit-and-miss storyline, great at some points, not as logical at others, and a huge amount of possibilities for each of five different and unique races, it leaves a huge amount of individuality in the team choice. The two permanent characters aside (Montblanc and Marche), the remaining twenty-odd team members you have are completely yours to choose or cut loose at any time. A mixed melee/magic squad starring a variety of Viera? You can do it. A Hyper-Offensive all-Dragoon Bangaa team? Doable. An all-mage team of Bishops, Colour and Time Mages, Elementalists and Summoners? You bet. All the tools of customization at your fingertips.

This is a thread for those who play, or would like to learn about FFTA. Talk tactics, strict strategy, or just plain fun, it's all welcome and encouraged.

I was going to type a shitload about the races, and I even started to, but I decided not to rant. What I did write I may put in spoilers at the bottom of the post.

I honestly don't know how many people even like FFTA, but here's hoping we get some nice participation.

(Stuff I wrote about the classes in spoiler below)
Spoiler: show
First off, some information about each race and the certain leanings toward either the physical or magical sides of the spectrum:

First off, is humans, also known as humes. Humans are pretty evened out with melee and magical jobs, with a couple in-betweeners such as the Blue Mage and Ninja. Notable for being the only race to have access to the Double Sword S-Ability, and for having the widest variety of jobs. Exclusive to them are the Hunter (useful for capturing Monsters for Morpher use and the Ultima Ability carrier for the race), Soldier (basic physical class and Shieldbearer learner), Paladin (popular for good defensive growth and Knightsword use), Fighter (highest human Weapon Attack growth) Ninjas (Double Sword and status, although the latter unreliable, as well as balanced growth between both offensive stats, mastering neither), and the almighty Blue Mage (absords many abilities from being attacked by Monsters, from the weak Goblin Punch to the god-tier Angel Whisper and White Wind, and also notable for playing well on the physical spectrum as well.)

Moogles are said to be magically-inclined, although only the non-exclusive Black Mage and Time Mage are really magical and lack of White Mage and Illlusionist means no Turbo MP or Half MP for support. Their MP growth itself is nothing to white home about, either, and their form of "healing" comes only from a Black Magic spell and the proper robe to absorb it. Geomancy, though, is quite a nice support and Time Mages, as well as the exclusive Juggler class, make absolutely wonderful annoyers. Mog Knights are their Ultima users, and Gunners have monstrous range (which can be combined with Ultima Charge if Charge is your secondary A-Ability), and the Concentrate support ability. Animist likes to status and learns how to Block Arrows, and the Gadgeteer abilities, aptly named Pandora, are a jar you just done want to open, being a 50/50 chance of damaging your entire team or the foe's.

Viera have mostlly exclusive classes, only sharing the White Mage and Archer with other races. The bunny girls aren't generally the most powerful of fighters on either side of the spectrum, although the Summoner has a godly growth on Mag Power, however, their raw speed and ability to use both magic and weapons to great effect simultaneously is where they shine. The Assassin is notable for having few weak points, one of the few being its substandard HP, but having the highest speed growth in the game, as well as the second-highest evade can plausibly outweigh it. Red Mages have a couple nice statuses and Doublecast, the latter of which is notable for being able to be used with not only Red Magic, but White, Spirit (Elementalist), and Summon Magic as well. And the fact that it can bypass a couple laws, such as Dmg2:Animal. Speed and Balance are the Viera's game.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

It's been years since I played FFTA. I remember it being really fun and stuff. The story was pretty meh, but Square Enix stories always feel meh to me. Unfortunately while replaying it, I always broke it down into formulaic stuff while playing it, usually favoring certain classes for their absurdness (mostly Ninja, Assassin, Sharpshooter, and Gunner) and then the game got boring. I've never fully played through it since.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Oh yeah, I love this game!

I've gotten as far as the final boss, I just need to level grind now; doing three fights in a row is not fun, especially with the last two battles where you face Famfrit and Adrammalech along with Remedi and then two Mateus and Remedi. Not to mention Llednar and his hax powers in the first fight. Yeesh!

I also like FFTA2. Even better music and animation, plus more characters.

Vaan and Penelo from FFXII appear in FFTA2 as well as Montblanc from FFTA1. Really, it's that awesome.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 05-13-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I loved FFTA2 as well, but the judge system was often a serious pain in the butt.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

FFTA was my favorite game for a very long time (even outclassing Pokemon and Fire Emblem), until FFTA2, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and HGSS came along, and now I'm not really sure what my favorite game is. Needless to say, I absolutely love FFT, FFTA, FFTA2 yadda yadda yadda.

I think the story in FFTA is better than FFTA2's is, though.

Marche is such a cold-hearted badass.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Marche is such a cold-hearted badass.
DEATHSTAR demands respect!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

DEATHSTAR demands respect!
You should totally stream it again!
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
I am replaying this game, and I have to say, some jobs are much better than others.

Hume:
Fighters and Paladins rock, but Paladins have the strongest weapon in the entire game. So, it is a toss-up between the two. Fighters have good ranged tactics.
Hunters suck pretty bad right now, as they can't get a hit off. But, capturing monsters is really the only reason to have them.

Moogle:
Jugglers are proving to be cool, Gil Toss being a very reliable technique for killing at low health. Time Mages's Haste is always good, but low evasion makes them a gamble. Mog Knights are boss, but have low health.

Bangaa:
My favorite race. These guys are boss. I have a Templar, Dragoon, and Defender right now, and they are all huge damage dealers. Not to mention Rasp for the Templar has helped in missions where there are strong mages. Nearly every job has its merits, except Bishops. They kinda suck.

Viera:
Pretty cool race, though, I disagree with Kairne in their apparent weakness. My Sniper is very powerful right now, rivaling my Fighter and Dragoon. Summoners and Elementalists are very broken, and Assassins, well, are easily the best job in the game. Fencers and Red Mages are meh level.

Nu Mou:
Mu Mou are completely magical, except for one or two jobs, and, they also have a contender for the best class in the game. Black Mages and White Mages are highly superior, and Alchemists are the "anti-mage" job. But, at the center, is the Morpher. Morphers take time to use, but they are easily extremely strong classes. My Morpher with a Bug Soul does the most damage with attack. Plus, they learn every ability a monster can learn, including Angel Whisper, Meteorite, Dragon Force, Level 5 Death, Sandstorm, and others.

I am around the Twisted Flow mission, and my party is around level 8-10 right now, most of my team members having two to five abilities under their belt in their jobs.

NOTE: IN WHICH I DERP A HERP, AND FORGET ABOUT POSTING A TEAM. WILL DO THIS TOMMOROW!!!!

Last edited by Princess Ana; 05-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Princess Ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Started playing this again the other day.

Somehow, it was morning again and I still didn't want to stop.

But, yes, I love the flexibility- though I would like to point out you don't actually have to take the main character or Monteblanc to non-plot related missions. Actually, you don't have to take Monteblanc to quite a few plot missions, but Moogles are by far my favorite race just for the DAWWWWW factor, and so... yeah. I actually play without looking up how to get any jobs or anything, which can be a little annoying when I'm screaming at a character "Give me something new to do with you, goddamit!", but it's pretty cool when I finish training a character in something, open up the new job screen and- WHAM, four new jobs. I've actually started work on a second team, which I use against weaker encounters- They were mostly selected by dint of being the people I always send on Dispatch misisons.

Main Team (Spoilered because Kin fanboying is LONG):
Seth (Marche) [Lv14]: Has training in just about everything, but I ALWAYS minor in Fighter. It's just so helpful. Air Render is, like, the most helpful move ever, and allows me to get in some cheap hits from behind my opponent despite them having their back against a wall. Also, dat damage output. Speaking of damage output, Backdraft is my major damage-dealer, leveling mountains in a single strike, with surprisingly low recoil. I'm currently training him in the ways of the Paladin, but my best use of him by far is with the Fighter job and a minor in either Aim or Hunt (Lovelovelove Sonic Boom)

Montblanc (Moogle, duh) [Lv13]: Like Seth, he's learned a lot of things. Actually, he's learned more, since I kinda skipped over Seth's magic training (Though he does know, like, one Black spell). Theif, Juggler, and Black Mage are the three things he really alternates between, though he's currently training as a Gunner. There's nothing really to elaborate on- he wrecks havoc despite only having the basic Black spells. I should really get to teaching him the more advanced ones, yes, but... Too busy teaching him everything else.

Chaucer (Human) [Lv13]: I'm pretty sure he was, like, the first person to join my team. Also, I have declared him to be a boy. Just my headcannon. I got him as an Archer, and that's exactly what I used him as- now, most of the time he's a Hunter with a minor in Aim or Black Magic. However, I'm currently training him in Theivery. Anyway, yeah, this guy is the reason I got so addicted to Sonic Boom. Also, I haven't used it in a while, but I remember the times Blackout has saved my skin- Blind is SO broken in this. It isn't even funny. But, yeah, he's basically my range man- if an opponent is at a distance, I have the immediate advantage, all because of this guy.

Marius (Bangaa) [Lv12]: After Seth, this guy is the second greatest damage-dealer on my team. Actually, until Seth became a Fighter, he was THE damage dealer on my team. Anyway, learning Bolt Sword and Fire Sword as a Gladiator was the best thing that ever happened to him, and he ALWAYS minors in Spellblade. Majors? Yeah, he's a Dragoon atm. And he has been for, well, forever. There's just so many skills to learn! Of course, they all take so looooong to learn. >_<

Yuri (Nu Mou) [Lv13]: Just for the record, Yuri is a female in my headcanon. This has nothing to do with her name, just btw. She's a little more focused than the others- she tends to rotate between White Mage, Black Mage, and Sage. She was a bit of a dead weight until she got her sage training, actually. Then she suddenly went Magikarp Power on us all and became probably the tankiest team member. She also has quite a bit of learining in Beastmastery, and she's currently working on her Alchemy skills.

Marielle (Viera) [Lv12]: For the longest time, Marielle was a Fencer with an Archer minor (Though she doesn't really have any Aim skills. Boost is just nice to have). Then she became a Red Mage. Her as a Red Mage has been interesting, but I don't think I've been using her to her full potential- I commonly forget that the entire point of Red Mage is a Melee unit which can use magic. I should really be abusing the fact that I don't have to use rods to learn magic. Even with my stupidity, though, her usefulness has skyrocketed when she learned Sleep and Poison.

Team B:
Theodore (Human) [Lv7]: The leader of team B. Again, a male. Actually, he's really the reason Team B exists- I got this random Blue Mage, and was like "Omilawd, Blue Mage? I wanna try it out!". He can't really do anything yet, though. He Learning how to use Learning (teehee), and I'm hoping something will come of that. Much more helpful, though, is how much of a go-to guy he is. Seriously, Damage>MP is likely the best support ability to have for a melee unit- the ability to run in and attack someone without fear, knowing you can tank their counterattack by directing it into your MP reserves instead... yeah.

Homer (Moogle) [Lv8]: Actually stronger than the leader of the team. He's a Mog Knight, and, like Theodore, unlocked a whole shitton of potential when I was actually able to find weapons for him. Mog Lance is pretty much Air Render, but... Moggle-y? Mog Attack is also a really cool idea, but I haven't had the chance to abuse it yet. And I haven't even tested Mog Rush yet.

Monte (Human) [Lv7]: As a Black Mage, I frequently forget that Monte is a human. As such, gender hasn't even crossed my mind. I think of him/her more as an eldrich abomination than anything else. ._.
Anyway, there isn't much to say. It's a Black Mage, it does whatever a Black Mage does. Like everyone else on this newbie team, it doesn't have a minor. If it was ever anything else, I probably would of assigned it a gender.

Duler (Human) [Lv6]: It's only now I realize that this team has quite a few humans. Anyways, they're a soldier. They're the weakest member of the team, and by all rights shouldn't get much action, not having any useful skills as of yet. However... somehow they end up finishing off most opponents. Somehow everyone else seems to leave opponents with just enough health for them to finish them off. It's weird, but whatever. Oh. She's a she. Just btw.

Nicole (Viera) [Lv7]: She's the team resident White Mage. As with most White Mages, they started off rather lacking, but she's rapidly increased in usefulness. Protect in particular is probably my favorite support spell in the entire game, and Turbo MP has allowed her to keep up with healing even heavy crowd-damage spells. Also, the mugshot for White Mage Viera is adorbs, so. Yay.

Olgan (Moogle) [Lv7]: An Animist with nothing going for him at the moment, with 100% Wool as his only skill. Mostly just a stand-in for last spot atm, but he might get something to do soon. Maybe I'll shift him to Theif or Black Mage to learn some stuff after he masters Woolpowers. Probably Black Mage, so he actually has a way to defend himself.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 05-14-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added Levels
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
Slash
Silver LO

Started a new save file on a stream last week, and will stream occasionally with it.

Top 6 (not quite even because laws are stupid and it's early, and these are not final):

Brown (Human, White Mage, Lv 9) He's got some WM and BM abilities, and just finished Learning and Immunity for Blue Mage work. He's going to be the Blue Mage mixed shock troop, probably with Fighter, Hunter, or one of the other two colour magics as secondaries.

Marche (Human, White Mage, Lv He's also on the magic side, probably going to be a Black Mage, raised as a White Mage a lot with some levels of Illusionist (for more Mag Pow and especially MP). BM Minor, for now.

Montblanc (Moogle, Thief, Lv 7) Using physical force instead of Magic, and my primary stealer. Still a ways off from securing mastery over Steal: Ability, though. Minor is call, and he only has sheep call there, which makes stealing so much easier. Likely to eventually rotate between Gunner, Thief, and Juggler in the future.

Cox (Bangaa, Bishop, Lv 6) No secondary ability other than "Item", recruited as a Bishop and is projected to level exclusively as one. Maybe later he'll learn some other abilities, but being the only magical class for Bangaa is hard to manage that way.

Roker (Nu Mou, Sage, Lv 5) Rather new, and still learning basic Sagicity skills.

Swena (Viera, Red Mage, Lv 5) Learning Mag Pow + to help for later skills, and will need some serious leveling as either a Summoner and/or Assassin for MP, Mag, and Atk purposes. Has Lunge Tech currently as secondary, but will likely have better abilities later, after getting better classes.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Something I discovered while playing yesterday- White Mages have the fastest leveling time, like, ever. I couldn't figure out why Nicole had somehow reached almost the level of my A-team. Then I figured it out- when casting healing spells on teammates, the game calcs your experience as if you had attacked them. This makes logical sense from a design perspective, 'cause otherwise the poor cleric would never level. However, when you're as obsessed with casting Protect and Cure as I am... Yeah. Things get out of hand. Especially when your teammates will commonly be a higher level than the opponents, thus you getting more experience for attacking them than the opponents.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Something I discovered while playing yesterday- White Mages have the fastest leveling time, like, ever. I couldn't figure out why Nicole had somehow reached almost the level of my A-team. Then I figured it out- when casting healing spells on teammates, the game calcs your experience as if you had attacked them. This makes logical sense from a design perspective, 'cause otherwise the poor cleric would never level. However, when you're as obsessed with casting Protect and Cure as I am... Yeah. Things get out of hand. Especially when your teammates will commonly be a higher level than the opponents, thus you getting more experience for attacking them than the opponents.
Note: Using abilities like First Aid, Boost, Cure, and Protect on yourself will give you 10 experience. Which is why Marche(Paladin), and all my White mages and snipers and hunters level fast.

I don't have the levels, but, I will edit them in.

Marche Job: Fighter
Abilities: Rush
Minor: Paladin
Abilities: Defense, Drop Weapon, Nurse, Subdue, Parley

Marche is pretty boss, he matches my other Fighter with a Sweep Blade. And the other one has a Flametongue. Going to combine the stats of a Fighter with Holy Blade. Pure killing there.

Montblanc Job: Time Mage
Abilities: Haste, Slow, Silence, Reflect
Minor: Black Mage
Abilities: Fire, Thunder, Blizzard, Fira, Thundara

My magical fighter. Famfrit pwns with his stats. Just saying.

Caines Job: Fighter
Abilities: Rush, Beatdown, Blitz, Air Render, Backdraft
Minor: None

Strong as hell, just like Marche. Backdraft is awesome, but......

Jon Job: Templar
Abilities: Warcry, Rasp, Silence, Haste
Minor: None

Not as strong as the rest, but does pretty well. Warcry, Rasp, and Haster make him awesome.

Mauritz Job: Beastmaster
Abilities: Goblin, Bomb, Flan
Minor: White Mage
Abilities: Cure, Cura, Life, Esuna, Protect, Shell, White Combo

My primary healer that I am going to make a Sage because why not?

Mua Job: Archer
Abilities: Take Aim(learning), Boost, Blackout
Minor: Sniper
Abilities: Doubleshot, Beso Toxico, Conceal

I just realized that she is my strongest fighter. Boost+attack does 80 damage. 80. To the Totema Famfrit. Do I HAVE to keep going on???

I'll edit in more when I feel like it, but these are the main six.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Man I LOVE this game, it's part of my top favs. Gameplay, strategy, music... all is so good. I liked FFTA2 less though for some reason. Maybe it's the storyline...?

Anyways, I'm willing to share some of my favorite ability/job strategies:
  • Fighter or Paladin with double sword: Ah double sword, how I love thee... makes any character kick butt, but Fighters and Paladins makes a nice combo, with the high attack of Fighters and extra defense of Paladins.
  • Summoner with Doublecast: Two summoning spells in one turn? Yes please! But to make it work, better start with a viera who's original job and most experience/levels are in White Mage, and learn Half MP to it can survive the major use of MP...
  • Gunner with Ultima Charge: We all know Ultima Charge is one of the most powerful move of the Mog Knight, but it's even better when used by a Gunner! Fire away!

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Been playing this with Moogles only. Been an interesting experience so far.

All I can say is that Jugglers are ridiculously good.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
Slash
Silver LO

Smile ever after?

Old 06-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Been playing this with Moogles only. Been an interesting experience so far.

All I can say is that Jugglers are ridiculously good.
Jugglers and Gunners are the two best Moogle classes ever.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Haven't gotten Smile yet, but it'll be nice combined with Haste and Blind/Stopshot on my Gunner.

I am reminded of how hard it is to get the weapons you want in this game...

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
Loki

Thief is practically necessary, luckily for you, Moogles can be thieves.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
I just started playing this yesterday, at the suggestion of a friend from this very forum no less, and honestly I'm liking it. I was a pretty big fan of the original FFT back in the day, despite having my ass handed to me regularly before realizing how it was supposed to be played.

I dunno how I missed this when it first came out. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of camera control, you know, being able to rotate the view point on battle maps- pretty early on in the first few missions I kept getting characters lost in clusters of sprites and one single massive tree that seemed determined to get in the way.

Plus I've finally figured out how to game the Laws system to my advantage! Woooh me.

Anyone interested in the first time reactions of an FFTA newbie?
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #20
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Thief is practically necessary, luckily for you, Moogles can be thieves.
For some reason I didn't use thieves all that much - except getting my Humans to the Ninja-job and learning Double Sword. That's where the real carnage begins. Another must-have is my assortment of Viera.

Only restarted the game recently after hearing tons of complaints from my brothers, ages 10 and 11, that the game is "too difficult". I'm as baffled as you are.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
Loki

Perhaps you were luckier with quest rewards than I was, but almost all the best weapons and armor (and associated abilities learned from them) I had to Steal from enemies I encountered. I remember one sword which I believe was ultra rare otherwise and pretty much could only be stolen from a Mog Knight on Mew's Present Day quest.

Also, it made so many battles so much easier because the enemy would have no weapons or armor.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
Martz
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Martz Send a message via MSN to Martz
I played the crap out of this when I was little. Got frustrated and quit after I was pretty far in the game.

Played it a couple years back through a GBA Player on my computer and gamesharked it up and actually had fun with it. Might have to do that again and finish it this time. As much as the story was kinda meh, might as well see how it ends.
Martz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
tau
Cascade Badge

Marginally off-topic here, but does anyone have the War of the Lions PSP-FFT1 re-release? I've always been curious if it's exactly the same as the original or if it was tweaked, and I don't wanna watch youtube footage of it 'cause... spoilers. I'm gonna buy it eventually u.u
Old 09-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #24
Martz
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Martz Send a message via MSN to Martz
I have it. I never played the original though. It was okay...story didn't engage me enough to keep playing...that and well, the tatics style was kinda boring to me at the time...
Martz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
tau
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
I have it. I never played the original though. It was okay...story didn't engage me enough to keep playing...that and well, the tatics style was kinda boring to me at the time...
Hrm. I suppose I can just Google the gameplay changes between versions but still if anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear more opinions on it.

I remember the story being one of my favorite things ABOUT the original FFT, incidentally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games