UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading

Old 01-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #76
Talon87
時の彼方へ

All regular. I don't like it when they're in anything else.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #77
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Updated the lists in the OP post. I ended up scrapping the highly detailed format (where I listed off each and every individual creature I possessed) because it requires too much time and effort to manage and was rather out of date. Now, I've got in its place a more general list that mentions the species, natures, abilities, and estimated IVs you can expect. No concrete promises anymore -- I'll always have to check my game pak when you ask me if I have something -- but a lot easier for me to manage and for you to read.

Newly-added creature lines include: Pichu, Espurr, Minccino, Smoochum, Froakie, and Swinub.

Newly-specified things I'm seeking include: a female Gale Wings Fletchling with solid IVs, a Bold Chansey with solid IVs, and a Ditto-breeders-only request in a 5V Beldum with a good nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaFila View Post
If you've still got the 6 IV'd Togetic, would you be interested in a 6 IV'd Joltik?

1. Joltik(Female) - Timid/Compound Eyes - 31/31/31/31/31/31

Assuming you'd be ok with a female, as the male 6 IV is EV'd and WiFi ready.
While I doubt you still have that Joltik on hand, "better late than never" I should reply to you. TBH, I think I know what probably happened. I probably didn't reply to you at first because you were new to the forum back then and I don't like the idea of giving my Friend Code out to complete strangers. (Just don't like it. ) So I probably wanted to wait and see if you would stick around on UPN or not before replying. That was selfish of me, though, and I should have replied to you sooner regardless. (See edit note below.)

I'm not sure which Togetic you were referring to, but looking at my PC right now, I appear to have one 6V male Togetic and one 6V female Togepi. Before you get too excited about the latter one, she sadly has Hustle. ^^; So while she is female and is 6V, you'd be looking at the majority of your hatches being Hustle ones and that of course isn't what you want. The Togetic, on the other hand, is a Level 33 male with Serene Grace and the egg moves Nasty Plot and Wish. (No Baton Pass on this one, I'm afraid.)

If you're interested in either of these -- or in any of the other creatures I have on offer -- then I wouldn't mind trading it to you for a Timid, CompoundEyes 6V female Joltik as she's pretty much what I would need to have if I hope to make it easy to get my ideal Galvantula. (Classic HP:Ice set. Thunder, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball/Sticky Web, and HP:Ice.)

Of course, if the Joltik's long since gone, you're upset with me, etc, then I completely understand. Sorry you had to wait this long for a reply.

EDIT: Whoops! That's what I get for reading with my glasses off. ^^; Didn't notice that I did reply to you originally and that I did let you know that I was uncomfortable trading with a stranger. Well okay then. At least you didn't have to wait seven months for a reply. That's a relief. Anyway, since it looks like you've stuck around UPN after all, I'm more than willing to exchange Friend Codes now. We still don't know one another, but at least you're not someone who just showed up from Serebii two weeks ago. ^^;;

Last edited by Talon87; 08-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #78
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've been desperately trying to breed myself a male, Jolly, 6V Swinub with Thick Fat. The RNG is laughing at me and has, over the course of the past two hundred or so eggs, given me:
  • two 6V Jolly males with Snow Cloak
  • one 6V Jolly male with Oblivious *
  • one 6V Jolly female with Oblivious
  • three 6V Jolly females with Thick Fat
I have seven 6V Swinub right now, each of them Jolly and each of them sporting Stealth Rock, Icicle Crash, Avalanche, and Freeze-Dry. And not a single one of them is the one I'm after. :'D

If you would be interested in trading me a 6V in exchange for any of these except one with an asterisk (*), please feel encouraged to make an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Newly-specified things I'm seeking include: a female Gale Wings Fletchling with solid IVs, a Bold Chansey with solid IVs, and a Ditto-breeders-only request in a 5V Beldum with a good nature.
I've since obtained what look like pretty solid Eves for the Fletchling and Chansey lines, so these are removed from the list for now. Chansey is 5V with Attack missing, has Serene Grace, and has Counter, Gravity, and another egg move. Fletchling is 5V with ??? missing, of course has Gale Wings, and might have an egg move? (I forget.)

I haven't heard back from akaFila (though I haven't PMed him/her yet either ... figured that would be impolite given how long he/she had to wait for a follow-up answer ), so I am still looking for a 5V or better yet a 6V female Joltik with CompoundEyes with which to breed. Mind, if you happen to have spares of the perfect Joltik already (31/30/30/31/31/31, if I'm not mistaken), then of course that would be perfect.

Does anyone happen to have a female Spinda with Contrary? According to the Internet, she isn't one of the as-yet unreleased Hidden Ability creatures ... and yet no one seems to have one nor have any luck in finding one. Serebii reports that they can be found in hordes, but it also mistakenly reports that they can be found in Friend Safaris. uhhhhh tried to find one by horde hunting and after spending a long time trying he wasn't able to find any. If you have any information on how Spinda can and cannot be obtained with Contrary, please let me know. And if you happen to have a Contrary female Spinda already, well gee, if you could even trade me a 0V at this point it would be appreciated. ^^;;

Last edited by Talon87; 09-01-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #79
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I'll see what I can do about finding a Contrary Spinda. My advice to those also hunting them would be to lead with an Intimidate user. Seeing how Contrary will reverse the drop into a boost, you'll just have to pay attention and pick off all the others.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #80
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I placed the Mamoswine project on hold after hatching twelve 6Vs, none of which were male with Thick Fat. I've actually since resumed it, but in the meantime I went and bred some creatures for use in VGC battles:

Salamence: I received a 5V Timid female with Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse from the GTS. Using her, I generated a 5V Naughty Bagon for use as a mixed attacker. I don't have too many leftover babies, but I have maybe two or three left as of the writing of this post. If you're interested, let me know and I'll be happy to trade with you. They all have the Rock Head ability (which becomes Intimidate on evolution into Salamence), so please note that if you're searching for Moxie.

Charizard: I generated a 5V Timid female with Ancient Power. I opted to drop Solar Power (despite inheriting it from Schala) in favor of Blaze since -- let's face it -- Solar Power is more of a liability than a boon competitively and a Charizard intended for use as a Mega Charizard Y isn't going to be staying in its basic form for very long anyway. I have lots of 4V and 5V Charmanders right now, many of them female, but most of them have crap natures. (It's because I went the RNG route with migrating from Modest to Timid on this one rather than breeding Timid in. I began breeding Charmander before breeding Bagon, and the Timid Bagon I received from the GTS was female. I was in no rush to get Timid on there since I knew I was breeding upwards from 2V to 5V/6V anyway.) I do have some spare Timid Charmander though, so if you're interested, let me know.

I'll probably begin breeding Charmander again in the not-too-distant future when I decide to create my very own Mega Charizard X. But until I get a Charizardite X, it's hard to prioritize this project over other, more immediately rewarding ones. When I do that, I'll be sure to let you guys know what Adamant and/or Jolly Charmander I have on offer. Note: I happen to have a spare Charizardite Y courtesy of Ex-Admiral Insane. If you happen to have a spare Charizardite X, I'd be very happy to trade you my spare for your spare!

Talonflame: I received a 4V Gale Wings female from the GTS, and so pairing her with my 6V male Staraptor made very short work of this: I think in under ten eggs I already had my 5V (missing SpAtk) Gale Wings Fletchling. While I'd prefer a 6V ultimately (as many pros recommend running Overheat as a last-ditch move that hits from the other end of the spectrum), for now the 5V is good enough for my purposes. As such, I have no spare Fletchling on hand. (I instinctively released the others. Low on PC space.) But if you want a 5V Gale Wings Fletchling, I am sure I can easily get you one. All you need do is ask.

Currently looking for, Future plans: Right now I'm back to breeding for my goal of a 6V Jolly male Swinub with Thick Fat. After I get what I'm after (or after I lose my patience again, whichever comes first), I'm thinking of either prioritizing my Singles team (in which case I'll go for Hydreigon) or else continue with trying to flesh out a working VGC team (in which case I'll go for Aegislash).

The problem I have right now with advancing my VGC team is that I don't have a 6V Ditto and no one has given me a Rotom with the right nature and IVs from the GTS so far. (So many 4V or incorrect 5V Bold ones! T_T And Bold is good! But the Rotom I inherited from Rotomotorz that works so well for me is Calm and runs a special blend of EVs that make him survive Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam. Not to mention the IVs aren't ideal anyway. They'll be missing something weird like SpDef or HP and I need them to be missing Attack, clearly.) So if you happen to have a spare 6V Ditto and would be willing to trade it for breedable creatures and/or farmable items, let me know. (No one-of items like a mega stone. And no one-of creatures like a Mewtwo. Sorry.)

I've just asked the GTS for Snorunt. The idea there is to use one of my 6V male Fairy Egg Group creatures to breed 5Vs or 6Vs into the Mineral Egg Group on my game pak. From there, I can use a 5V or 6V Snorunt to breed with a female Honedge in attempts to get a 5V or 6V Aegislash. If you already have a spare 6V male in the Mineral Egg Group, then maybe you can save me some time and maybe I can make it worth your while. We'll have to see!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #81
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

>You managed to breed Charizard with Ancient Power
>I have literally been breeding forever and I can't get one
Wow okay then screw you Pokemon Y

I can breed my Rotom and try and get another 5IV Calm one but without a 6IV Ditto it's fairly annoying to do
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #82
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Did you still need the Beldum, Talon? I've got a fair share of 5IV Adamant ones, including a few missing Sp. Atk. If you're looking for other natures, it might be a bit of a problem, though. I'm pretty much limited to Timid and Adamant at the moment, because I can't switch out the parents without a huge IV loss.

As for the Ditto, I don't have an extra one in X/Y, but I can transfer one up. The question is how legit you want it. If Pokecheck wasn't down for perma-maintenance, I could pretty much grab you whatever language and/or Nature you wanted, but there's still ways to grab a genned Ditto if that fact doesn't bother you. I can also RNG one in White (though nature isn't guaranteed in that case). I've been meaning to go and grab some different Hidden Power ones anyway.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #83
Talon87
時の彼方へ

With fewer exceptions than I have fingers and toes, there is no such thing as a non-hacked, non-RNG abused 6V Ditto anyway. Even with the two free 31s in a Friend Safari, the odds of getting a 6V there are (1/32)^4 = 1/(2^20) = 1/(1024^2) ~= 1 in 1 million. And that's just in Gen 6, less than one year old. The odds are 1,024 times worse for earlier generations. My point is, it's kind of silly of anyone asking for a 6V Ditto to have any expectation that they're getting something kosher.

That stated, "the kosherer, the better." If you can get a more kosher one in one manner at the expense of its nature, while losing the nature sucks I would still say, "Go for that, then." I don't want any Bad Egg shenanigans. So I'd rather have (for example) an RNG abused Ditto than a PokéSaved Ditto that may have inappropriately-filled or omitted hex values.

Really didn't want the Ditto period. Could've easily hacked my own during the Bank free trial. But chose not to a) because I've enjoyed doing things the farmer's way this generation ("it's hard, honest work") and b) because I didn't much need one anyway due to all of the super-expert breeding I am doing with egg moves this go-around. The only reason I need a Ditto now is because of those infernal genderless creatures. :\ That and the fact that I like to be in control of nicknames for as long as possible, which means that I would rather create the Beldum/Rotom/etc. myself than ask someone else to do it for me. The latter's something I'll resort to if need be, but my preference remains the Ditto so I can choose my own nicknames as many times as I like.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #84
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Yeah, it was mostly a "do you want a genned/saved one with a guaranteed nature (and possibly a different language if you ever wanted to make breeding for shiny Pokemon easier), or do you want the RNG'd one that might not have a great nature and only comes in English, but is at least not created externally?"

That being said, since it's a wild capture, I can use Synchronize to boost the chance of a certain nature, if you have a preference.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #85
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Even if it was that often I'm sure across the entire planet there have been over 1 million, possibly even one billion, ditto safari encounters. I mean this is speculation but still
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #86
Talon87
時の彼方へ

In this order, from most to least desired: Timid, Jolly, Modest, Adamant, Bold, Calm, Sassy, Careful, Impish, Relaxed, other. Any of the first four would be considered top tier wants.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #87
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Alright. I'll use a Timid one, and if I get any of the other ones near the top of your list instead, I'll keep it. Sound good?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #88
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
Alright. I'll use a Timid one, and if I get any of the other ones near the top of your list instead, I'll keep it. Sound good?
Sounds like a plan. What did you want for this Ditto?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #89
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

One of your male Swinub, preferably. I don't have a preference for ability.

I'll let you know when I've got the Ditto. I can't get started until I get home, but it should be fairly easy unless I get really unlucky with the natures.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #90
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
One of your male Swinub, preferably. I don't have a preference for ability.

I'll let you know when I've got the Ditto. I can't get started until I get home, but it should be fairly easy unless I get really unlucky with the natures.
6V Snow Cloak/Oblivious? Or 5V Thick Fat? (True 5V, i.e. the missing stat here is SpAtk and the nature is Jolly.)
Old 09-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #91
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

I was planning on breeding the egg moves onto a female with the HA, but on double checking, I apparently don't have one. I must have been remembering incorrectly. So either the 5IV male, or one of the 6IV females with Thick Fat. I'd prefer the female, but the male would work fine.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #92
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I was planning on breeding the egg moves onto a female with the HA, but on double checking, I apparently don't have one. I must have been remembering incorrectly. So either the 5IV male, or one of the 6IV females with Thick Fat. I'd prefer the female, but the male would work fine.
I can trade you a female 6V with Thick Fat no sweat.

Request: can you nickname the Ditto Shinjugai?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #93
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Sounds good.

And sure, I'll make a note of that.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #94
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
I have a timid 6 IV ditto (attack IV is 0), as well as a neutral nature 6IV Ditto. Got them in trades (from people Ik) and I'm not sure if they're completely legit or not (only breed them so I never bothered to check, nor do I know how to :$). I'm basically done with breeding in game bar a few things, so only one is needed. If you want I could offer one for something. Idk what though unless you happen to have an HP Fire Magnemite lying around (I'm sure u don't cuz it's not listed).
Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #95
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Will be noting this in my playthrough thread as well, but I managed to obtain my 6V Jolly male Thick Fat Swinub (finally!) and the final tallies are:
  • 5V female Thick Fat (where the missing stat is Special Attack): 18
  • 5V male Thick Fat (where the missing stat is Special Attack): original total unknown because I traded many away; currently remaining total is 12
  • 6V female Thick Fat: 5
  • 6V female Snow Cloak: 1
  • 6V female Oblivious: 2
  • 6V male Snow Cloak: 4
  • 6V male Oblivious: 1
Add to the above tallies the 6V Thick Fat female I was using as the mother for most of this (currently Level 84), the 6V Thick Fat male I just hatched today, and the possibility of a few late-hour releases without a second thought of some female non-Thick Fats, and you can see that I hatched a hell of a lot of 6Vs before getting to my goal. -.-; It's kind of nuts. The statistics say that, given a 6V, the odds of it being male and having Thick Fat were (1/2) * (3/5), or 30%. And yet despite this supposed 3 in 10 chance, I hatched a confirmed fourteen 6V Swinub before hatching the desired target. Odds are supposed to be 3 in 10 ... and it took me fifteen 6Vs to get mine.

Suffice to say, I do not want to hatch any Mamoswine eggs for a long time. But I'll have to eventually: the entire point in breeding Freeze-Dry into the line in the first place was to prepare a Naive Mamoswine and to see what all the fuss is about when it comes to Freeze-Dry. (I remain unconvinced that this is worth running. I feel like Mamoswine users should turn to other teammates to deal with Rotom-Wash rather than expecting Mamoswine to do it. Not to mention that Superpower does a number on the washing machine, a Move Tutor move which should almost certainly return in either ORAS or else in XY2/Z.)

Just because I have a lot of 6Vs doesn't mean I want to give them away like candy though. I would appreciate trades of equal value for them. They come with their Dream World ability and have four amazing egg moves -- Avalanche, Stealth Rock, Icicle Crash, and of course Freeze-Dry. While I still feel bad "only" giving Schala a Swinub in exchange for a 6V Ditto, I think it's a lot more reasonable to expect a 1:1 trade for other 6Vs.

Doesn't mean you can't try asking though. A lot will depend on my current needs, mood, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
I have a timid 6 IV ditto (attack IV is 0)
If it doesn't have a 31 in Attack, then it's not a 6V. I mean, I know what you're trying to say -- "it's an ideal Ditto for breeding a dedicated special sweeper" -- but I don't think you can accurately use "6V" to describe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
I'm not sure if they're completely legit or not (only breed them so I never bothered to check, nor do I know how to :$). I'm basically done with breeding in game bar a few things, so only one is needed. If you want I could offer one for something. Idk what though unless you happen to have an HP Fire Magnemite lying around (I'm sure u don't cuz it's not listed).
Thanks for the offer, but since Schala's already offered to get me a legit 6V and give it my desired custom nickname, I think I'd rather wait for her. Not to mention that, indeed, I have zero Magnemite for trade. (And why would you even think that a man asking for Dittos to facilitate genderless breeding would have already bred himself HP:Fire Magnemite? ^^; )
Old 09-15-2014, 11:30 PM   #96
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Do you want your Spinda to have any specific Egg Moves?
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #97
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I actually have an Adamant 5V (-SpAtk) male Spinda already. And he has Trick, Wish, and Encore as Egg Moves. So if I want to breed Spinda, I'm already in a pretty good position and you needn't break your back any. So long as you trade me a Contrary female for me to work with, I can get a good Egg Move Spinda out of it with relatively little effort.

That stated, if you're in a position to easily add any of the following moves to that list, then it'd save me the trouble of doing so:
  • Baton Pass
  • Rapid Spin
  • Fake Out
Fake Out is probably the one I'd be most likely to use. Baton Pass seems pointless to me without Superpower to back it up. Rapid Spin is decent in theory but I don't even use my old Rapid Spin Starmie anymore in OU, the entry hazards have become so rare. So yeah, all three are good but I guess if I had to pick one to round out my earlier set of Egg Moves (Encore, Wish, Trick), it would probably be Fake Out.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #98
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
While I still feel bad "only" giving Schala a Swinub in exchange for a 6V Ditto, I think it's a lot more reasonable to expect a 1:1 trade for other 6Vs.
Please don't feel bad. I'm quite happy with this trade. Especially once I realized I didn't have a Thick Fat Swinub.

The Ditto (which is Timid) has been captured, nicknamed, and transferred. I'm just grabbing it from Bank now. (Sorry about the wait, I forgot how badly my DSlite holds charge these days, so I had to plug it in for a few hours before I actually got started.)
Old 09-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #99
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Please don't feel bad. I'm quite happy with this trade. Especially once I realized I didn't have a Thick Fat Swinub.

The Ditto (which is Timid) has been captured, nicknamed, and transferred. I'm just grabbing it from Bank now. (Sorry about the wait, I forgot how badly my DSlite holds charge these days, so I had to plug it in for a few hours before I actually got started.)
Alright! I just got home. I have the game online for right now, but I may sign off if I don't see you and keep getting pestered by passersby. If you don't see me online in game but do see me online here, just reply again saying you're on now and so long as I am awake I will be sure to go on shortly thereafter.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #100
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thanks very much to Schala for the Ditto trade. I still feel a little bad about it given how stupidly easy he makes it to get good IVs into any creature line, but he was strictly necessary for the genderless creatures.

Joltik: I bred a 6V Timid CompoundEyes male, a 6V Timid CompoundEyes female, and after much effort (though nothing near as bad as Mamoswine! @_@) a 31/0/30/31/31/31 perfect HP:Ice Timid CompoundEyes male. I am keeping all three. So suffice to say, Joltik is no longer in my list of wants. Sorry!

Hydreigon: I have a Modest 5V female and a Timid 5V male. I've EV trained both and am keeping both. Thus, Deino is also off my list now.

Rotom, Aegislash: I haven't begun breeding either of these yet but Schala's Ditto will make quick work of Rotom. (I already have a Bold 5V so all I need to do is breed for Calm first and for the odd man out to be Attack second.) So I will probably take Rotom off of my list of wants soon as well.

Future Wants: I was telling Kamen about how I plan to breed Petilil in the not-too-distant future, but she'll have to wait for at least Rotom and Aegislash first, and possibly others as well. So if you already have a perfect HP:Rock Petilil, then that's one way you could help save me some time.

Hmm ... to be honest, this Ditto is going to make it stupidly easy to accomplish most IV seeding objectives on my own. So I guess the only things I really will need to trade for going forward are Eves with not only great IVs but with great egg moves too. I guess if you have anything like that, just let me know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Trading