UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #2751
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Overall, Tenki is a much better card than Tensu. Put another way, Tensu's benefits are much more situational (and those situations come along much less often) than Tenki's. As a general rule of thumb, tutoring one card is preferable to being allowed to play one additional card that turn.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #2752
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
It was a joke Talon. Though Tenki really should be semi'd or limited, it simply searches out too many good things. The fact its continuous is its only balancing point.

So, what do people think about the metagame after this? Dragons is dead obviously.

Tier 1:
Prophecy(I've seen a lot of people saying that Fate being at 1 is irrelevant, but I'll have to test this and see)
Fire Fist(Without Dragons Fire Fist has more time to set-up resources without being Black Rose'd or something)
Bujins(Once LVAL comes out Bujins will definitely be great)
Mermail (They have survived without Tidal before, and Tidal at one is still really good.)

Tier 2:
Evilswarm(Still a good deck, but the drop in relevant counter decks[basically Dragon Rulers] means it won't be used as much.)
Constellars(Ptolemy at 3, Tenki at 3, and they still have Pliedes)
Geargia(This deck is ridiculous. Geargiaaccelerator is a cancer.)
Blackwings(Grinds like nobodies business, has good match-ups)

Tier 3:
Infernity(Way to many weaknesses to be any higher. Maybe if they got triple Launcher / Triple Trishula )
Madolche(Annoying deck but has quite a few weaknesses)
Dark World(No seriously this deck is still good)
Zombies(Still not comment on this one, but it has a great deck now that all of its key pieces are back [PZ, Mezuki, TGU)

Also, doesn't TeleDad technically have all of its pieces back? O.o
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #2753
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I pretty handily beat Mermail in one of the test duels. I was lucky in how the player only had a single Big Eye, however.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #2754
Emi

Well yes but don't you run Debunk? Mermails is quite a bit easier with Debunk.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #2755
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Time for Bujins and Madolche to rule.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #2756
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Well yes but don't you run Debunk? Mermails is quite a bit easier with Debunk.
I don't main it, I've been using Skill Prisoner which has honestly not been as useful thus far.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #2757
Emi

So if anyone hasn't seen it, some of the Primal Origin cards have been released. *insert rage about 4th Bujin*

Gusto got more support, which makes me all fuzzy inside now that we can summon any level 4 - 8 WIND Synchro instantly now. So fuzzy. EDIT 3: I had to edit it after finding out Cockadoodledoo(WTF KONAMIA) was a thing, which means whenever this card is Normal or Special Summoned you can summon Cockadoodlescrewthisname and immediately Synchro into Stardust Dragon. Or, you can use this card to repeatedly whore Quickdraw Synchron into Chevalier de Fleur...Jesus Christ.

EDIT: OH HEY LOOK, KONAMI HAS CONVINCED ME TO RUN LATINUM NOW. RANK 6 FOR THE MUTHERFUCKING WIN. (So, so happy Dark World is getting more support. Maybe we won't get a Level 7 who sucks this time~)

EDIT 2: 4-Axis Fire Fist now loses to Bujins. Hard.

Last edited by Emi; 12-18-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #2758
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Artifact Durandal is pretty awesome in combo with Stardust Dragon. I don't even have to think anymore running those two together.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #2759
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Artifact Durandal is pretty awesome in combo with Stardust Dragon. I don't even have to think anymore running those two together.
Yeah that seems like a great way to screw someone over, especially if you chain it to Dimension Prison.

Currently, the cards I like are:

Pirika, Lineage of Gusto: Oh hi there! I didn't see you instant Synchro summon! I personally think the best plays with this gal is either going into Sphreeze or using it with Quickdraw Synchron to synchro summon Chevalier de Fleur, since its basically a walking Shien.

Mecha Phantom Beast Olion: A tuner that pseudo-floats by summoning a token, and it allows you to get another normal summon? Oh wait, did I mention that it isn't like swap frog? You can do this as many times as you want~ This card is just pretty darn cool.

Madolche Angelly: Meu to summon this, tribute for Hootcake, use Hootcake for Messengelato, then M-X Saber Invoker, into another gelato. A card that can create a Rank 3 and possibly a Rank 4 instantly? What the actual what, this is the best shit since Mermail Abyssocea.

Celt, Ogrelord of Dark World: Arguably Rank 6 may have some seriously shitty monsters, but Ptolemy M7 is unlimited once again and Strike Bounzer is lol. We have a Level 6 who doesn't blow. The only problem is he doesn't work as well with Fabled Raven, but we have that thing called Leoh coming up...and only having to discard two monsters for an instant summon? Fuck. Yes.

Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon: Pseudo 5600 ATK beater who will do the same damage as REDMD? Power fucking creep.

Bujintei Amaterasu: At first I head-desked repeatedly...and then I saw this card is kinda crap.

Scrap Factory: >Limits Divine Wind >Releases Scrap Factory Nice going Konami~

Tachyon Chaos Trap Hole: This is officially the bestworst thing. Who in the right mind thought this was a good idea D:

Bujin Decisive Battle: So apparently the wording isn't like Overworked, but STAHP KONAMI. STOP MAKING SUSANOWO UNGODLY. This thing just wrecks with Bujintei Susanowo. Got Tiger King on the field? PFFFFT not only is it gone, but you've also had the ones in your Extra deck banished. Also, you got a Bear lingering? Nope, and now all of your Bears are gone. please stahp konami-san
Old 12-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #2760
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Upon further inspection Durandal won't work with Stardust Dragon, because Stardust has to be chained to something that destroys on activation, and Durandal's effect won't work until it's already resolved.

Thus far, nothing in Primal Origin strikes me as particularly desirable, although Artifact Moralltach looks intriguing. It would be an especially danging card if Heavy Storm were unbanned. :/
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #2761
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Thus far, nothing in Primal Origin strikes me as particularly desirable, although Artifact Moralltach looks intriguing. It would be an especially danging card if Heavy Storm were unbanned. :/
Wait a minute...I don't think we can set monsters in out S/T zones on DN yet.

But yeah, Moralltach is pretty good, especially since you looking for that Level 5 LIGHT monster and MST is looking to be a format staple.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #2762
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm not hallucinating at this, am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikia
Artifact Movement

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, Set 1 "Artifact" monster directly from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Spell Card. If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card: Your opponent skips their next Battle Phase.
I think you won't be able to use this without having an Artifact card in deck, otherwise it's an improved version of MST that acts as a bonus searcher. It even chains to MST to skip the opponent's battle phase.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #2763
Emi

Is it bad that once I saw Number C40 I wanted to use Gimmick Puppets despite how unwieldy they are?

A themed Dark Hole that lets you draw and inflicts burn damage. Every time its SPECIAL summoned.

Man they are really trying to get people to do rank-up. ;;

EDIT: WWWWWIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHHHCCCCRRRRAAAAFFFFTTTTT This MIGHT just be better than Stardust Dragon for Dopple. Like seriously, a 3000 ATK beater who gains ATK whenever you take battle damage with it or effect damage(FUK YOU CHAIN BURN), oh, and its immune to destruction.

Last edited by Emi; 12-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #2764
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Those are all OK cards, but they don't really fit a need. The ideal card would be something that has removal or falls into an uncommon Synchro level (like 7). The big elephant in the room is the Duel Dragon equivalent of BRD, it has both a bounce effect and is Level 7, so it's not surprising Konami hasn't made it into a card yet. They're idiots, but they have a lot of data to tell them how important Level 7 is.

Beelze for example isn't much different from an easier to summon Red Nova Dragon, and RND isn't used because of how common effect negation is (making the continuous protection useless) and other removal forms. Gao is a much stronger card since not much can run over 3100 attack anyway, and the lack of targeting limits the threats to it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #2765
Emi

Yeah Leoh is officially the best thing. That thing literally makes Pliedes far less viable, since you can run over it with ease.

But I still think Beezle is pretty cool. Red Nova Dragon isn't a good example cause its hard as hell to get out in most decks due to it needing two tuners, and a Red Dragon Archfiend, which sadly is terrible.(I wouldn't even try it in Zombies).
Old 12-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #2766
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The effects are pretty similar, though.

-can't be destroyed by battle/card effects

Being destroyed by battle is effectively an irrelevant effect if the monster's attack is high enough. Five Headed Dragon is a fine example.

-massive attack/defense
-dark typing

Certainly it's easier to get out for me, but I already have a surplus of attack only beatsticks (Shooting Star, Dark Simorgh, Armades) and not enough Ignition or Quick Effect removal.

A Synchro Level 7 to upgrade over AFD, or a really good Rank 5 are what I'm looking for. I'd probably run Gao but I don't because doing so usually eats up a Stardust Dragon, who already has enough protection.

That said, I'm considering what to do when Powerful Rebirth comes out. That card is ridiculously good but I'm not sure how to include it in.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #2767
Emi

Powerful rebirth looks amazing. I can now level 7 my Zombies. YUSH.

Also, how do you know what is coming out all the time? I know about Primal Origins but I just found out about the new Gold Pack and Premium Pack 16 today.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #2768
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm just keeping an eye on the OCG set pages on the Wikia and looking for updates.

Silent Wobble and Ghost of a Grudge look like decent cards, but SW doesn't really have enough synergy outside of Water decks...I guess that's what it'll be used for, anti-Maxx "C" tech for Mermail.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #2769
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Ghost of a Grudge seems like the most fun card to side in my Ghostrick deck! Suddenly 0 attack? Me like.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #2770
Emi

Ghost of a Grudge has its obvious uses against stuff like Dark World and Lightsworn. It's a pretty decent tech overall. All in all though Premium Pack 16 is looking alright.

It's a shame that Dragon Rulers aren't at full force, cause C6 wouldn't have been a bad option for them. Chaos Dyson Sphere is hilarious cause it never loses! It's not terribly hard to get out either...I mean with stuff like Trago and Exodius it isn't too hard. Cain and Abel's Doom...I'm not sure. They are an interesting idea but I don't see them working well at all. I'll stick to Sphreeze. Wind-Up Draco I mean Heartlandraco looks to be decent in decks that use Field Spells. Tri-Edge Levia seems like its going to be a Mermail only card and even then I don't see myself wasting three level threes for this card. Maybe I can use Bahamut Shark...it still keeps its banishing effect, but damn if its ATK isn't low. Let's not get started on the absolutely useless Rank-Up card we got. Sticking to Numeron force, thanks.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #2771
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

A trailer for YGO Arc V was released, and here's some basic info apparently gleaned from it:

-the main guy is already a duel champion
-the monsters ARE REAL and live with you in your house
-main guy rides a hippo. Yes, card games on hippos.
-the monster zone is expanded from 5 to 8
-the new card mechanic is a clone of Mega Pokemon. It's called "Supereior" and you basically upgrade any monster (XYZ, Synchro, Effect) with the card out of the Extra Deck.

So, Superior Stardust Dragon, Superior Laggia, Superior BLS, Superior Dark Armed Dragon. And so on.

I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing so hard at this silliness.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #2772
Emi

Must. Be. Fake. NO THE NAME IS REAL. OH GOD PLEASE NO.

That's it. I quit. Fuck the world.I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS EXISTS. ALALALALALALALALA
Old 12-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #2773
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
In other news, Local Ghostrick King has died.
More at 7.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 12-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #2774
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So ...
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #2775
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This just in: Extra Deck to be raised to 20 from 15

And to be honest, I don't think this is nearly as bad an idea as XYZs were. The monsters have, effectively, the most specific requirements since you have to bring out a particular card to Superior Change it, and it'll allow for increasing the possibilities and uses of older cards. Of course, Konami could easily be retarded with it by only upgrading power cards, but the potential is there at least.

Granted, this needs to accompany something like quadrupling a player's life points to reduce the power of aggro decks. The Superior cards allegedly all have a +1000 ATK/+1000 DEF boost.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment