Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Then dood be on. ;;
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #252
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Set-up Normals

Not that I'm active here, but have you tried NPersian? Nasty Plot is obviously the core move, with Swift for STAB (and a Technician boost), and Water Pulse for coverage (and more Technician). The final slot can either be for Hypnosis to sleep something, or something like Thunderbolt for additional coverage.

Worked like a charm back in Gen IV, but I realise times have changed.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #253
Emi

Nasty Plot Persian is really quite good. An under appreciated threat.

Water Pulse sucks, go with Shadow Ball though. There aren't enough Rock types to justify its usage(and one of them is immune) and the only specially defensive Ground is immune to it as well.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #254
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Fair enough, I just remember that Water/Normal was one of the best combos since the only non-Ubers it couldn't hit were Empoleon and Shedinja. But now of course shit like Ferrothorn, Jellicent and Storm Drain Cradily exist to crap all over that.

Icy Wind could be a good option too. Technician boost boots it up to 82.5. Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are decent options too.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #255
Emi

Daave you should join on the fun. Whiscash is awesome here.

And Scizor doesn't exist. Nor Starmie, and Staryu sucks.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #256
Emi

IF I EVER, EVER CATCH ANOTHER PERSON DOING THIS I WILL RIP OUT THEIR INTESTINES AND HANG YOU WITH THEM.

Seriously. There are much better ways to show your talent.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #257
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"A metagame without Starmie is like your face without a smile." - something Johnny might say to Dizzy were she a huge Pokémon fan (explanation; 3m46s thru 4m18s)

Seriously, I'm going to be all sorts of sad if Gen 6 is what finally shoves Starmie out of OU. Hang in there, my beautiful cosmic sea star!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #258
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
God christ that shit is annoying >_<

And also, I'm on XD
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #259
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Both players made a number of errors, but Numbah 2 made a critical misplay on Turn 12. The best move was to have Liepard make another sub, and to keep doing this until paralysis kicked in for Glaceon. The second best move would have been the slightly ballsy, rather greedy Swagger. But instead he opted to go for neither of these two moves and instead used Foul Play immediately. Big mistake. Glaceon's physical defense is huge and most sets are going to put no EVs into Attack. Not only that but it leaves you wide open for an ass reaming if paralysis doesn't trigger -- and that's exactly what happened, causing Liepard to lose 83.9% of its health in one turn. Honestly, had he not made that misplay, the entire course of this match could've gone very differently.

I'm not really sure who Traptrix Atrax is but if I had to guess based on posts in this thread he might be Blaze? I would never in a million years have guessed it though: Mr. Atrax talks like the very worst bratty teens you can find online. A mouth full of the foulest feces, just one hurled insult after another, overzealous beratings and backhanded compliments left and right. Whoever Atrax is, I think you should clean up your act majorly: if I ever held a tournament on UPN and you treated one of the other members like this, I would toss your ass out onto the curb for bad sportsmanship so fast it'd make your head spin. Hopefully I'm wrong in concluding that it might be Blaze (based on your guys' posts here). Hopefully it's just some stranger who somehow found his way into your guys' metagame. But if not, goodness me, terrrrrrrible behavior.

EDIT: Going back over the match's logs ...

Spoiler: show
Turn 6:
Quote:
Traptrix Atrax: dude
Traptrix Atrax: there is so many cooler uses
Traptrix Atrax: than this shit
Turn 10:
Quote:
Traptrix Atrax: abusing hax makes you look like a bitch
End of match:
Quote:
Traptrix Atrax won the battle!
Numbah 2: ughhhh
Traptrix Atrax: don't
Numbah 2: ;~;
Traptrix Atrax: ever
Traptrix Atrax: do this
Traptrix Atrax: again
Numbah 2: fine cri cri
Traptrix Atrax: trust me
Numbah 2: how come no one likes hax ;~;
Numbah 2: i mean
Traptrix Atrax: hax is only good
Numbah 2: this is good hax
Traptrix Atrax: on arcana force
Numbah 2: not critical hax
Numbah 2: lolwhat
Numbah 2: arcana force
Numbah 2: sucks
Numbah 2: :p
Traptrix Atrax: just don't do it
Traptrix Atrax: EXACTLY
Numbah 2: i have
Numbah 2: a great
Numbah 2: OU team
Numbah 2: with hax
Numbah 2: That I win with :3
Traptrix Atrax: liepard has much better uses than this shit
Numbah 2: what
Numbah 2: what are they
Traptrix Atrax: liepard is the best anti-lead in the game
Traptrix Atrax: as well as a good nasty plot sweeper
Numbah 2: ehhh
Numbah 2: Sableye is probably a better anti lead
Traptrix Atrax: dude
Traptrix Atrax: we can't use sableye
Numbah 2: you said game
Numbah 2: not ff
Numbah 2: :p
Traptrix Atrax: *clicks off*
Numbah 2: cries

... there wasn't as much TURN-WISE as I was expecting (based on just how strong a revulsion I had to the player's poor behavior), but I guess it was the comment on Turn 10 that really, really did it. The sour attitude, the misogynistic insult, the putting down other people, just all of it, really, rolled up into one gross little sentence. But once we hit the ending, there is this diatribe that evolves from being understandably (if not acceptably) frustrated to being rude and spiteful again ("liepard has much better uses than this shit"), with a nauseating upswell in the middle of it which basically reads "ANYONE PLAYING IN WAYS I FIND DUMB CAN FUCK OFF AND GET THE HELL OUT OF MY METAGAME! " I dunno, it just really, really puts me off whoever is behind the Atrax mask. No offense. Not trying to make you feel any worse than you might already feel, and if you don't want to say who you are, that's perfectly fine by me. Honestly, I can't believe a single one of you could be Atrax. Blaze? Kindrindra? Fallen Icarus? swampertforever? Shadowshocker? Each possibility boggles the mind. I know you're all nice young men and I know none of you would ordinarily talk to your fellow UPNers like this. That's why I mean it when I say: you should seriously look at this dialogue of yours and try to clean it up. You shouldn't be getting so angry while playing Pokémon, and if you are, then something's not right. Regardless, you have no excuse to take it out on your fellow members by berating their playstyle choices like this ...

... especially not when the set for Liepard is lifted straight out of Smogon's Random Battle tier. Where I have used it, many times, to great effect. Substitute / Thunder Wave / Swagger / Foul Play is an excellent set on Liepard and it's a bit mad to argue that it's a "shit use" of the Pokémon when the very people who pay for the server you're playing on think it's possibly the creature's best.

Last edited by Talon87; 10-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #260
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I think there's a huge amount of context being missed out on, here.

First of all, Atrax is pretty much guaranteed to be blaze, while Numbuh 2, if I'm not mistaken from the comments, is FI. Now, FI's sense of humour is the kind where purposely poking at what people find annoying amuses him. The basic idea about it is similar to the 'icebreaker' concept- By taking someone out of their comfort zone, you more easily get to interact with the 'real them'. Blaze, on the other hand, has a subtle irony-related humour- He'll make comments like that, but only because he knows the person he's talking to knows to not take him seriously. While the bratty teens you refer to are the kind who yell bloody murder at total strangers over online games, blaze is more the kind of guy who will only do that with people he knows can take it. Kiiiinda like how I go from utterly silent and really timid to the most obnoxious won't-shut-the-fuck-up chatterbox you will ever meet when I'm talking with people I know well.

tl;dr:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze View Post
It.

Was.

A.

JOOOOOOOOOKE.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #261
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
blaze is more the kind of guy who will only do that with people he knows can take it.
Whether this is true or not is not a valid defense of verbal abuse of others. "I only beat people I feel I can trust: that's why I beat you and the children, honey!" is not a valid defense for domestic abuse either, and that's exactly what your explanation smacks of. ^^; I know what you're trying to get at -- people who only curse around those they're more intimate with, people who are naturally politer to strangers than they are to close friends because with strangers they're putting up a social veneer, etc. -- but that's way over yonder. We left that territory ages ago once we get to the stuff we see in this battle log.

Maybe there's missing context, I dunno. All I know is, I thought the player "Numbuh 2" was guilty of child-level bad sportsmanship with his constant child-level trolling and teasing but I thought the player "Traptrix Atrax" was guilty of some really inappropriate beratings. Also, if Atrax is Blaze (which I agree seems likely given the posts here on the forum), it's hugely embarrassing for his "For Fun" Metagame project BOTH because he was nastily berating others for using movesets he personally dislikes to the point of ordering them to never use those sets again (which basically proves that this entire "metagame" is little more than Blaze's Rules, which is what it really ought to be called rather than being called UPN's anything; this behavior hugely discredits his recent poll with which he was trying to prove that this experiment isn't all about him but is a community thing) AND because he's made a mockery of the metagame's very name. "For Fun"? Who was having fun by the end of that match? Neither party, clearly! The one because he was enraged, the other because his partner ragequit-ditched him.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #262
Emi

It was a joke Talon. That's really all I have to say. Coming from someone who used Liepard all last format, Liepard does have better uses than an annoyer set that unfortunately is as gimmicky as Snow Cloak.

To be fair, we had a couple of battles afterwards, and I gave him props afterwards for beating me. Our final battle he caught me by surprise with a couple surprise sets and I gave him credit for it.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #263
Escalion

Beat the troll with some trolling of my own, though a different kind of trolling

Last edited by Escalion; 10-13-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #264
Emi

Gen VI has just rolled around the corner, and as many of you might know, PS has a Gen VI beta, waiting for us to play!

But, in the eyes of FF, Gen VI doesn't exist yet. Nothing from Gen VI is kosher. At all. We need to wait until there is more information, and more importantly, we need to know what is good, and what is not. I don't want to add [REDACTED] and then watch it annihilate the entire metagame. No one wants that. So hold off folks.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #265
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Not even NFEs?

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #266
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
Not even NFEs?
Correct. I am however trying to do research on them in the Smogon forums, but it will take some time before I can get a definite on where they fit in the grand scheme of thing.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #267
Emi

Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Diggersby, Fletchlinder, Vivillon, Litleo, Floette, Gogoat, Pancham, Furfrou, Meowstic, Honedge, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Binacle, Skrelp, Clauncher, Helioptile, Tyrunt, Aurorus, Dedenne, Carbink, Sliggoo, Klefki, Phantump, Gourgeist, Bergmite, and Noibat are at the moment all kosher as of now. No Mega-Evolutions are allowed.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Emi; 10-27-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #268
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

malamar is dumbb

Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #269
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copygoo View Post
malamar is dumbb
Yeah I'm going to take Malamar off. Contrary Superpower is a little too powerful and I kinda forgot about that.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #270
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

eat shit ethe

Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #271
Emi

Whoa now. Whoa now. Let's all be gentle here.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #272
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Old 11-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #273
Escalion

Whii!
Made a new team with the Gen 6 changes (and FF allowances) incorporated
Old 11-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #274
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

Never really participated in this but XY looks interesting. Slapped six mons together and made a 'team' around one theme.

Can anyone help me test this? Is this the right place to ask? :S
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #275
Emi

Yeah sure. I have yet to build a Gen VI team but I'm sure there is plenty of people who have and would love to help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON