UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #76
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
I enjoyed it very much, I liked most of the main game until the freaking water parts and I love a lot of the pokemon that came out of it.
I LOVE YOU LET ME GIVE YOU A KISS

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #77
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Luvdisc is so bad she's awesome.

Pokémon like Carnivine or Lumineon are so bad they're terrible.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #78
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I liked the Pokemon and thought Hoeen was sorta marginal as a region. The water sucked.

But I thought it doesn't deserve some of the crap its given.

I must admit, though, GS was easily the best overall era as it took the best of RBY and threw in some features that are still awesome today.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #79
deoxys
Fog Badge

RSE is my least fav. gen, mainly because of reasons listed by Kuno. I really felt let down that there was no second region (or third region for that matter, I remember playing and hoping for Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto too. Psh, that never happened), and that there wasn't a night/day function like GS had. Because of this, I felt restricted to a region that was largely made up of water, and that was a pretty big turn off.

I did like most of the Pokemon in the game, and I really liked the idea of secret bases, that was pretty nice. I imagined it could be used in future Pokemon games online, and I was sort of right with the inclusion of capture the flag in DPPt, but I was really let down by the boring/plain underground bases =\ I actually don't much care for the underground at all.

RSE's plot was by far weakest of all (Two teams wanting to flood or volcano-ize the earth? For basically no reason other than 'because we can and the earth is dumb as it is'.)

So yeah. That's uh. Basically it, I suppose. It wasn't HORRID, I still played it, and it was okay, but I didn't care for it as a Pokegame.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #80
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Man raises a good point.

Secret bases were the shit and I'm pissed at how useless the underground crap is.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #81
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I LOVED Secret Bases.

I was really disappointed in DP. I was like "wtf this sux"

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 05-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #82
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
^ They could get a new pwnage re-make in HgSs. It looks like there are some underground vents on the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagroß: Male Beldum
Metagroß is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagroß' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagroß sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagroß' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagroß has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #83
Emp
Volcano Badge

I see a lampost and a windmill-esque thingy, but nothing that resembles a vent Oo
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #84
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
I see a lampost and a windmill-esque thingy, but nothing that resembles a vent Oo
I think he's talking about the weird underground-looking vent things next to the professors house.

I sure as hell hope not. The underground was completely useless, and I wouldn't want it back unless it was basically a completely new region under Johto, not this fake cavern crap.

I just hope that they wise up and bring secret bases back in bushes, trees, caves, waterfalls, etc. That was really cool.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #85
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

The three blue things right next to Elm's house's brand new staircase.

...Just as Deoxys said. And, while I do agree on the point that the underground was boring, it seems like the game developers thought it wasn't. Getting a lot of fossils is cool however.

Quote:
Metagroß is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagroß' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagroß sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagroß' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagroß has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #86
Emp
Volcano Badge

They're gas canisters! Ok, good point.. I hope you're wrong and they don't ruin Johto with those ugly vents
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #87
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

I'd like to see more waterfall secret bases. The problem, however, occured when I forgot where my secret base was XD.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #88
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Which is exactly why there was an NPC in the game who reminded you.

Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #89
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmDewgong View Post
Getting a lot of fossils is cool however.
Digging for fossils is okay (even though there always seems to be one in particular you always find, and can never find any others). I view it as more of an excuse on game freaks and nintendos part to use the touch screen more than anything else (same goes with traps which also use the mic). The only thing I really like about the digging is getting evo stones, but even then those are pretty hard to come by.

Last edited by deoxys; 05-10-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #90
Emp
Volcano Badge

I forgot where the NPC was most times.
Fortunetly I kept track of my base. The one above Rustburo was mine, with "Blackbelt Nob" outside and wild Jigglypuff ^^
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #91
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

Poor Nob.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #92
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Digging for fossils is okay (even though there always seems to be one in particular you always find, and can never find any others). I view it as more of an excuse on game freaks and nintendos part to use the touch screen more than anything else (same goes with the traps). The only thing I really like about the digging is getting evo stones, but even then those are pretty hard to come by.
I don't really like the digging itself tbh, just the stuff you get from it. Traps are boring and should be forgotten. The Gems are useless since all you can do with them is buy traps >.<

Quote:
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #93
Emp
Volcano Badge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss7__dXEt8A

Incase yall hadn't seen the ep.

Harruuu Gooruuu
Soorrruuu Siwaaa

XD
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #94
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss7__dXEt8A

Incase yall hadn't seen the ep.

Harruuu Gooruuu
Soorrruuu Siwaaa

XD
1:25

JAPANESE SKINHEAD HITLER WTF

um. Anyway.... about PokeGear... think they'll bring it back? Or will we be seeing yet another Poketch? Out of all of the devices or whatever... I am going to have to say Pokegear was the best. And I actually liked the radio/trainer calls. It was annoying sometimes to get a call when you were busy, but other times it sort of added to the game play, so I do hope they bring it back. Thoughts?

Last edited by deoxys; 05-10-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #95
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I liked Pokegear calls better then Emerald calls.

Probably because A) Pokegear calls made more sense and B) you got items on occasion.

I hope they sorta upgrade the Pokegear but keep it's original features intact.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #96
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Ru/Sa is by far the weakest generation in terms of gaming enjoyment, story, and starters. GSC was the best game overall, even though RBY had vastly superior 'monz.

And I liked the underground, though it would've been immeasurably better if the bases were more like the Secret bases in Ru/Sa. EXP and EV farming to the max.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #97
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Six level 100 Blisseys with Charm FTW.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #98
Vran
Cascade Badge

The 3rd gen had the best story of all the games so far. That I think this and think 2nd gen had the worst story should come as no surprise to you, nor do your tastes to me. I think you have no taste, and doubtless you think the same for me.

So I took the liberty of making this chart. I couldn't help but want to fling chunks of vomitus Concept's way when I saw what she said about GSC having the best creature designs and RSE having the worst. I thought I would do my best to appeal to the audience here to see if you side with me or with her.

This chart compares the following things, in order:
  • each gen's starters
  • each gen's two primary legendaries (with 2 RSE spillovers)
  • each gen's one bonus legendary (with Deoxys omitted)
  • each gen's 3-stage dragon
  • each gen's popular and (when the gen was brand-new) very powerful monster to which you didn't have access until after you had beaten the game
  • each gen's legendary trio
  • a humanshape Psychic
  • a weaker Flying-type Pokemon famous for its ability and movepool
  • a psychic which some people think looks cool and some think looks hideous
  • a long, thin-necked Pokémon
  • a Pokemon which is difficult to get to evolve
  • a Pokemon which doesn't evolve without a stone, trade item, or other special condition being met
  • a Jumpluff for good measure because Jumpluff is adorable

You tell me: you tell me, which generation do you think has better-looking monsters and which one does not? Like I said, I think it's laughable -- or nauseating -- that anyone could even be halfway serious in suggesting that GSC had attractive or cool-looking monsters.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #99
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>Like I said, I think it's laughable -- or nauseating -- that anyone could even be halfway serious in suggesting that GSC had attractive or cool-looking monsters

I personally like GSC's simple 'mon style. To me, it matched the earthy feel of the region. Just because they're not cool and flashy doesn't mean their boring.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #100
Vran
Cascade Badge

Here's my list of who wins the match-ups listed above.
  • Chikorita, Torchic, Mudkip. GSC 1, RSE 2.
  • Groudon, Kyogre/Latios, Jirachi. GSC 1, RSE 5.
  • Tyranitar's not really a dragon, but he looks like the DragonZord. Win. Metagross kicks Houndoom's ass. GSC 2, RSE 6.
  • Gardevoir, Ninjask, Claydol, Cradily, Milotic, Huntail. Straight sweep for Gen 3. GSC 2, RSE 12.
  • Jumpluff. O_O GSC 5, RSE 12.
Even with the hefty +3 points from Jumpluff's adorableness, GSC falls flat on its face compared with RSE in terms of creature design.

What is GSC memorable for creatures-wise?
  • the generation that invented pre-evos. *VOMIT* Worthless! And only occasionally cute, too! (I mean, Magby or Elekid? Pfft, yeah right!)
  • the generation that gave us the Unown >_>
  • the generation that gave us Smeargle. Useful but ugly back in the day. Nowadays he's not quite so useful (despite what his cult-like followers might insist) and he's still one of the ugliest humanshape Pokemon ever designed.
  • How many worthless side-evolutions did GSC waste our precious Pokedex entries on? We only received 100 new slots total with this generation, and yet precious positions were wasted on Slowking and Politoed with the King's Rock. Bah.
  • The Metal Coat evos, Steelix and Scizor, were both much needed and remain very awesome-looking to this day. One of the few things GSC did right.
  • Stantler?
  • Delibird? O_o
  • Qwilfish!? >_<
  • Need I go on? Oh, fine -- Gligar, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Yanma -- how many worthless monsters did we get with zero evolutions and zero coolness or cuteness to them? Gligar, Dunsparce, and Shuckle are just plain weird-looking, and Yanma desperately needed Yanmega way back in the day but had to wait seven long years to get him. Sad. Real sad.

How about RSE? What is it memorable for in creature design?
  • the steel spider, Metagross. Frightful. Awesome.
  • the sand-dragon, Flygon
  • Torchic and Mudkip, two of the franchise's most beloved starters
  • Blaziken and Swampert, two of the franchise's most beloved final evolutions for starters
  • designs that took full advantage of the GBA's broader color pallet to that of the GameBoy Color's. Pokemon like Beautifly, Swalot, and Huntail really exemplify this with their exquisite designs. Sometimes the results were a little ugly, like Dustox, but sometimes they were things of absolute wonder, like Milotic.
  • a giant, ferocious dinosaur of fire and earth who is twice your size and prepared to eat you
  • an eerie but powerful whale of water and wind, over twice as long as you are tall and large enough to pick between swallowing you whole or washing you out to sea

When you compare the failmons of RSE to those of GSC, even then RSE is much more beautiful!
  • Consider how amazing Absol looks. And now compare it with a single-stage Dark-type in GSC like Sneasel. :\
  • Or picture how cute Surskit and how intriguing Masquerain look. And compare them now with Ledyba and Ledian. -_-;
  • Remember Corphish and Crawdaunt? You may think they're sort of ugly and sort of useless, but how do they compare against Remoraid and Octillery in the looks department, hmm?

I mean ... it's no contest. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON