UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #8351
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Hey, so I just realised I got a Shard Riddle. I'm officially now in the market for a Bunnelby in case anyone has one.

In addition, now I know the identity, I can get rid of a couple mon I'm not using myself:
Lotad (m) - Lv.3 comes with Ice Beam, Scald, Surf and Teeter Dance
Chinchou (f) - Lv.3 comes with Volt Switch and Psybeam
Krabby (m)
Giarafarig (f)
Woobat (m)
Sewaddle (f) - Lv.3 comes with Grass Knot and Camouflage
Paras (f) - Lv.3 comes with Venoshock and Bug Bite
Mantyke (f)

All names, natures and abilities (unless they only have one) are undeclared. All Pokémon will be traded for the low price of 1 Rare Candy or $50 - bidder's choice.
Instead of a regular bid war, I prefer something else. Give me a short description of the type of character you would give the Pokémon and how you would RP with it. The one with the most interesting personality (yes, it's biased) gets the Pokémon. I prefer them to go to people who will actually use them or have plans for them. If you just want them for the sake of it or because they look interesting, I might as well keep them as I have vague ideas myself for what to do with them.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM   #8352
Talon87
時の彼方へ

For future reference, I don't think the staff has ever made a Super Rare or an Ultra Rare the answer to a shard quest riddle. Sometimes there have been Rares, I believe I recall, but never a Super or an Ultra. So if you ever have a baby Pokémon (like Mantyke), you can be rest assured that it isn't the answer to the riddle.

Speaking of which: oh wow! Now we have two Mantyke up for trade. Man. We sure are spoiling these newbies rotten. I still have yet to figure out how I plan to trade Mantyke away, but the criteria you've set for your Pokémon are one of the ideas I've often considered. I approve!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #8353
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Hey, so I just realised I got a Shard Riddle. I'm officially now in the market for a Bunnelby in case anyone has one.

In addition, now I know the identity, I can get rid of a couple mon I'm not using myself:
Krabby (m)
Giarafarig (f)
Woobat (m)
Mantyke (f)

All names, natures and abilities (unless they only have one) are undeclared. All Pokémon will be traded for the low price of 1 Rare Candy or $50 - bidder's choice.
Instead of a regular bid war, I prefer something else. Give me a short description of the type of character you would give the Pokémon and how you would RP with it. The one with the most interesting personality (yes, it's biased) gets the Pokémon. I prefer them to go to people who will actually use them or have plans for them. If you just want them for the sake of it or because they look interesting, I might as well keep them as I have vague ideas myself for what to do with them.
Hello. What do you want for Sewadlle and Chinchou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno
You have to look within yourself and nuke the sun in your heart.

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.
BLEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #8354
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:

Krabby (m)
Giarafarig (f)
Woobat (m)
Mantyke (f)

Mantyke will be my future surf board once it evolves. I want to tinker with it until I figure out why it is a flying type, yet it does not fly as willfully as others of its type. I will explore in my secret base and maybe in some adventures its role in the food chain, and pokekingdom. It will peak the interest of my researcher trope because he is closer to flight than lets say Gyarados, eventhough they share the same typing. He is definitely much more closer than Doduo/Dodrio for that matter.

For Woobat, I will explore its need for love and affection. Why does it need to have full happiness to evolve? It would be an interesting trope for my character to find out. This particular Woobat at first will be incapable of love, having lost a part of him with the death of either significant other or parental bond. Given its young level, probably parental bond. I will work my way to gain its trust, sort of like Pikachu/Ash dynamic at the beginning of the anime. He will start off selfish, and maybe through some human compassion, he will start to evolve his own feelings, thus culminating with his evolution at some point in his lifetime. After that long trajectory, he will be BBFs with my character.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:39 AM   #8355
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
For future reference, I don't think the staff has ever made a Super Rare or an Ultra Rare the answer to a shard quest riddle. Sometimes there have been Rares, I believe I recall, but never a Super or an Ultra. So if you ever have a baby Pokémon (like Mantyke), you can be rest assured that it isn't the answer to the riddle.

Speaking of which: oh wow! Now we have two Mantyke up for trade. Man. We sure are spoiling these newbies rotten. I still have yet to figure out how I plan to trade Mantyke away, but the criteria you've set for your Pokémon are one of the ideas I've often considered. I approve!
I should have realised that about the rarities and Mantyke. I did know but I didn't realise. Still, it was a recent hatch and could have waited a few more days before being sold.
And thanks for the seal of approval ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
Mantyke will be my future surf board once it evolves. I want to tinker with it until I figure out why it is a flying type, yet it does not fly as willfully as others of its type. I will explore in my secret base and maybe in some adventures its role in the food chain, and pokekingdom. It will peak the interest of my researcher trope because he is closer to flight than lets say Gyarados, eventhough they share the same typing. He is definitely much more closer than Doduo/Dodrio for that matter.

For Woobat, I will explore its need for love and affection. Why does it need to have full happiness to evolve? It would be an interesting trope for my character to find out. This particular Woobat at first will be incapable of love, having lost a part of him with the death of either significant other or parental bond. Given its young level, probably parental bond. I will work my way to gain its trust, sort of like Pikachu/Ash dynamic at the beginning of the anime. He will start off selfish, and maybe through some human compassion, he will start to evolve his own feelings, thus culminating with his evolution at some point in his lifetime. After that long trajectory, he will be BBFs with my character.
>Woobat
Apos is in the lead with a loss of a significant bond and attachment to the trainer. (Still missing a few key personality quirks)

>Mantyke
I understand the researcher point of view but it doesn't tell me anything about the Mantyke's personality.

>Paras
Connor is in the lead. I'm assuming he's keeping the idea quiet for now as he doesn't want to spoil the character development.

Like all bids, I'll be keeping this one open for a while to give everyone a chance. Blue, I mentioned in the Skype chat what the price is.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #8356
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

How much do you want for sewaddle? I don't know how much is considered a fair trade, but I have almost all my newbie cash and I think four candies, so I'm sure I can match whatever's fair.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #8357
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Here is my bid for the Sewaddle. I'll be editing this post with Chinchou's personality as well.
Sewaddle: The Doctor’s Sewaddle is a shy Pokemon, Hiding away from any new person or Pokemon she meets. Sewaddle, is always seen with a leaf, either sewing clothes for herself, or….well, eating them. Sewaddle maybe small but, has an appetite of that of a munchlax. Sewaddle though being shy loves the Doctor very much. And, playfully will every now and then spray a string shot on to the Doctor, playfully tying up The Doctor’s hands. Ever since The Doctor has met Sewaddle, the both have shared a very friendly relationship.

Chinchou: Chinchou has always been the light in the dark for The Doctor. No, literally. The Doctor first met Chinchou when his TARDIS crash landed inside the Mariana Trench. Chinchou helped The Doctor find his way outside. Being very bad at what she did, helping the Doctor made her happy and proud of herself. While Chinchou was with the Doctor, they developed a special friendship. Chinchou is friendly and playful with Doctor’s other Pokemon. Always helping and protecting the smaller and the weaker Pokemon. Over the course of time, Rose(Vulpix). Rose and Chinchou even have their own club, called the electric fire club.

Last edited by BLEU; 03-28-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #8358
Aposteriori
Banned

Mantyke - Her personality will be surfer dudette, with some sassy attitude about the beach. She will be inclined to fight only when needed, and she will have an innate desire to eventually form a friendship with a Remoraid. She will, when given a chance, attempt to fly and then come glide back down to the terrain in utter failure. I think I want her to be quick to flirt with other fish, enough to be a tease though not easy to get.

Woobat, personality wise will have to face abandonment issues, making him hard to manage at times and probably slightly aggressive to strangers. This will progress with time as he starts to feel more comfortable with himself and humans overall. Woobat is a biter, and he will either do it out of affection or aggression, all depends the circumstances. He will try to suck the brains out of Aposteriori in an affectionate way, similar to how James's Victrebeel attempts to eat him.

Last edited by Aposteriori; 03-28-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #8359
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

As it stands right now:

Paras: Connor is in the lead
Woobat: Apos is in the lead
Mantyke: Apos is in the lead
Sewaddle: Blue is in the lead
Chinchou: Blue is in the lead (though I'd personally prefer a bit more added to the personality)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #8360
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Freshly hatched Male Joltik up for trade!
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #8361
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

For either Talon87's or EAI's Mantyke:

She is a dancer. She performs mainly to express herself while surfing or diving underneath the waves. Mantine are schooling Pokemon though and so she suffers from an intense loneliness. As a result she's always searching for new places to explore. (She experiences the present to forget the past) She is almost bipolar in her mood swings and yes her depressive side will have real consequences on her desire to battle. With her trainer she'll start with an anxious-preoccupied to anxious-avoidant attachment pattern. This may or may not be resolved depending on our adventures together. Among the team, there'll be a great bond she has with Fjora my Vaporeon, and to an extent Daenys my to-be Dragonair. But they will never be her fellow Mantine.

Will Alicia (her trainer) understand her issues? Given time, maybe. She will be inclined to be optimistic about overcoming them at first -- because who doesn't want a Mantine?? -- but may eventually release her for intermittent periods of time, like Pokemon Special Sapphire's Wailord.

Opening the bid at 1 candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
Freshly hatched Male Joltik up for trade!
Want to do a Joltik swap? Mine's female and Lv.3.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #8362
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

And atlantis_kid takes a marginal lead on the Mantyke race

Paras: Connor is in the lead
Woobat: Apos is in the lead
Mantyke: AK99 is in the lead
Sewaddle: Blue is in the lead
Chinchou: Blue is in the lead

Bidding will close the next morning/lunchbreak (so 8-12 hours from now) to give everyone enough time to counter or submit.
To the current winners: Feel free to update your own submission in case you fear a strong counter ;)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 03-28-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #8363
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Well, looks like Jolteonjak wins my Treecko! I'll VM you soon to work out the details, after which we can do the trade.
Hell yes! Obviously this is what I was after when I was collecting Grass Eggs recently.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #8364
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

I'll throw in a bid for the Lotad:

Having been born smaller than the average Lotad, he's always been considered the runt of the pack. As a result, he has developed somewhat of a Napoleon complex, which has lead to more than one fight in which has... not ended well for him, as well as a loner complex, after all he didn't have anyone to protect him as the runt.

Meeting Lana (Karmas's cousin) will facilitate a turning point in his life. Not only will he have someone who is willing to fight for him, he has someone who cares about him, who doesn't think that he should have been tossed away at birth.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #8365
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis_kid99 View Post
Want to do a Joltik swap? Mine's female and Lv.3.
Sorry, but I'd prefer not to get another Joltik. One member of the Joltik line is enough for me. *Hugs Sparky*
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:10 PM   #8366
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Dunsparce goes to Aposteriori, Snorunt goes to BLEU, $500 each. Please start the trades guys!
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #8367
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:

Mantyke - Her personality will be surfer dudette, with some sassy attitude about the beach. She will be inclined to fight only when needed, and she will have an innate desire to eventually form a friendship with a Remoraid. She will, when given a chance, attempt to fly and then come glide back down to the terrain in utter failure. I think I want her to be quick to flirt with other fish, enough to be a tease though not easy to get.
She will be devoted to sea conservation, and talk about the importance of not polluting the waters. She is a free spirited pokemon, and will continue to do what she wants when she wants to. She wont be afraid to bribe the trainer into the water by putting on a cute face, in fact she encourages the trainer to grasp on to her back. Once evolved, she will continue to be as loyal as ever to the trainer. Random phrases such as cowabunga, or "Just go with the flow" will be her trademark sayings. Don't be surprised if she breaks out into singing, and start a Finding Nemo: The Musical song montage.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #8368
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I have decided it's time. Would somebody like to help me evolve my Sneasel? I'll give preference to anyone with trade evolutions of their own they'd like to get done, but anybody's help would be welcome here.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #8369
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Alrighty, here's my bid for Sewaddle. Arthur is a Nidoran and Siren is a Tympole.

One evening, Florence will be chilling in the woods, playing some songs for Arthur and Siren's enjoyment. Attracted by the music, Sewaddle pokes it's head out of a nearby bush. It'll start off pretty shy, covering its face with its leafy hood thing and trying to hide once Florence notices. However, as Florence plays more music for it, Sewaddle will decide to join the gang. Over time, sewaddle will foster this love of music, and, once becoming a Leavanny, will begin to learn to dance. Leavanny will eventually begin dancing while Florence plays music, and these performances will help the Pokemon finally overcome its shyness.

I know it's kinda basic, but that's what I've got so far.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #8370
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I have decided it's time. Would somebody like to help me evolve my Sneasel? I'll give preference to anyone with trade evolutions of their own they'd like to get done, but anybody's help would be welcome here.
If I decide to help you, but then decide to keep the Weavile, would you get the mods involved? Jk. Set up the trade. I guess Spritzee is up for trade if you dont have that yet for your pokedex.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #8371
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
If I decide to help you, but then decide to keep the Weavile, would you get the mods involved? Jk. Set up the trade. I guess Spritzee is up for trade if you dont have that yet for your pokedex.
Not only that, my Skuntank and Toxicroak would murder you if you did that.

I'm actually thinking of waiting to see if anyone wants to also trade-evolve one of their own Pokémon at the same time, by the way, though if nobody else will show interest, then we have a deal.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #8372
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

The winners:
Lotad: PG for the runt with the Napoleon complex
Chinchou: Blue for the light in the dark, underwater tunnel
Woobat: Apos for the bat with Abandonment issues
Paras: Connor for his stoic ????-master
Sewaddle: Savage for the shy, dancing Leavanny
Mantyke: AK99 for the Bipolar loner with attachment issues

Sorry to those who didn't win but I had to make a choice somewhere. That is not to say that I didn't like your interpretation and I hope I haven't discouraged anyone from writing characters for their mon. Thank you all for bidding, I hope you enjoyed this slight off-rail method, but the auction is over.
If the winners could either start their trade for 1 Rare Candy or $50 or otherwise tell me which they'd prefer to pay so I can begin, you'll have your Pokémon in no time.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 03-29-2016, 01:20 AM   #8373
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Quote:
The winners:

Sorry to those who didn't win but I had to make a choice somewhere. That is not to say that I didn't like your interpretation and I hope I haven't discouraged anyone from writing characters for their mon. Thank you all for bidding, I hope you enjoyed this slight off-rail method, but the auction is over.
If the winners could either start their trade for 1 Rare Candy or $50 or otherwise tell me which they'd prefer to pay so I can begin, you'll have your Pokémon in no time.
Alright, I started the trade for the Chinchou Here I really wanted the Sewaddle, but, well done Savage! And, Thanks EAI for the CHinchou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno
You have to look within yourself and nuke the sun in your heart.

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:14 AM   #8374
atlantis_kid99
Boulder Badge

Quote:
The winners:

Woohoo, congrats everyone and thanks EAI. Trade started here.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #8375
Connor
Flashbacker

I now have a King's Rock up for trade. I have a feeling that there may be more than one person in for this so I probably won't go to first bidder.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out