Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Slurpuff The Candy Store

Former FB rules for the Candy Store:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Store
Welcome to the Fizzy Bubbles Bank.
This bank is, in short, a safety-deposit box for your rare candies. Rare candies are a luxury and as we all know, useful for many purposes. As such, they are highly sought after and need to be kept safe. This is where we come in.

Rules:
- All rare candies you own must be deposited into the bank.
- All deposits must have a link accompanying them showing where you received the candy.
- All withdrawals must be explained, and a link posted to show where the candies have been used.
- Any candies used on pokemon level raising must include the pokemon’s original level and the level it is being raised to.
- After a deposit or withdrawal has been made and your candy stats edited by me in the main thread do not edit your original post. Make another as this saves confusion.
- Credit is not available so please do not ask for a loan.
- You should have only ONE post in between updates. Altering a post prior to a bank update is not allowed, but if you have multiple transactions between one update and the next, then you should edit the one post with all transactions. Not doing so will ensure all deposits are ignored, and a possible candy ban placed upon you.
- Transactions will be accepted for people who are on holiday so long as I've been informed via PM, but no trasactions of any kind will be accepted for inactive members.
- If you have not posted in FB for at least one month you are considered inactive and your balance is moved into storage. This keeps the current list clean, making it easier for me to edit. If you return to FB at a later date and need your balance restored, all you need do is contact me and I'll return it to this thread.

Rare Candy Records:
New Thread: 31st March 2013
New Thread: 6th January 2015
This particular shop has been a topic of debate recently, particularly with the movement to demonetize Rare Candies. Some regard this shop as unnecessary tracking that should be done away with; others would like to keep it as a way to keep track of their candy balances.

Suggestions, ideas and opinions are all appreciated!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
So my viewpoint is that candies should be a thing you keep a check on in your profile, much like with items. Having a separate thread solely for candy balances when we're aiming to demonetize candies is rather redundant. I'm all for doing away with the store.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Heather
Naga's Voice

I am the type of person who will have all of the problems if I'm keeping track of this in my member post. Not only does the store just help keep this stuff organized in one place, it's a convenient, well-kept place to manage my usage. For me, it's just an issue of keeping well organized without turning my member post into a giant thread by recording all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I would argue that the Candy Store is still an essential shop whether Candies are a currency or not. It's still a kind of item that your average FB member is likely to have in great quantities, and as Heather said, it's also a very convenient place to record the usage of said Candies. Me, personally, I would file this under "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Old 05-11-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
I personally don't think we need a shop to store our candies to if we're demonetizing it. You take that factor away and Rare Candies are basically just free items at this point.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Personally I'm also all for bringing it back because I myself am quite forgetful and would like somewhere to keep all my links and shit so I know where I got candies without cluttering my member post. If it does come back, however I say make it an optional thing, like a thread that's for people (like me) who just wanna keep track of them elsewhere. Less like a shop, more like a storage folder that doesn't need an external SO to keep on top of it all. It'll be all on the person who made the post to keep their records straight.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #7
Patches
Shake it!

I don't see a real need to bring this shop back since rare candies are being demonetized. At that point they are items just like all of the other items you don't need a specific shop to keep track of. However, I do understand players wanting to keep track of where you got them along with the links and how that could take up a lot of space on your profile. So although I personally don't think it's necessary to bring back, I would agree that it's fine making it an option for those who choose to use it and not a requirement for everyone.

Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #8
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
I still personally feel that having a means of keeping track of candy ownership is very convenient for all trainers since it's the one item that one's bound to hoard. Additionally, I feel people forget that since this item is used to level up Pokemon instantly, keeping close track of its use prevents the potential for abuse by members should they only keep track of them on their profile. For instance, say we dismiss the candy bank, then a user makes use of candies, conveniently forgets to delete the used candies from their profile, and then uses them again 6+ months down the road when everyone's forgotten about it. Forget about the "monetary value" of Rare Candies, I always considered the shop as a means to prevent this from happening, and I feel it should return, if not as a standalone shop then as a feature of the Pokebank in addition with pokedollars and even coins. As MM said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

I'm in full agreement for keeping the candy store, for all the reasons other users have pointed out.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #10
Snorby
Snackin'

Since we're demonetizing candies, I'm staunchly against requiring links; linking is a tedious chore that can suck the fun out of a game very quickly if overused unnecessarily. But if people want it so as to have some place other than their member profile to keep track of candies, I'm plenty fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
I still personally feel that having a means of keeping track of candy ownership is very convenient for all trainers since it's the one item that one's bound to hoard. Additionally, I feel people forget that since this item is used to level up Pokemon instantly, keeping close track of its use prevents the potential for abuse by members should they only keep track of them on their profile. For instance, say we dismiss the candy bank, then a user makes use of candies, conveniently forgets to delete the used candies from their profile, and then uses them again 6+ months down the road when everyone's forgotten about it. Forget about the "monetary value" of Rare Candies, I always considered the shop as a means to prevent this from happening, and I feel it should return, if not as a standalone shop then as a feature of the Pokebank in addition with pokedollars and even coins. As MM said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I think we should really be going into our new FB with the idea of trusting the members until they prove themselves untrustworthy, and I feel like this sort of sentiment is the exact opposite of accomplishing that. If this is the rationale for keeping the Candy Shop, count me as against having it at all. Automatically assuming everyone's trying to game the system all the time is an incredibly easy way to make distrust and toxicity the norm, which as I understand it is what we're trying to get away from here.

Because let's be real, if someone is maniacally plotting 6 months or more ahead to fake forget to edit their member post in order to get a net +2 Rare Candies when they get a free Rare Candy every week... frankly that person is probably such a twat that they're a problem member in a million other respects and we should be keeping an eye on them anyway if they aren't banned outright. And even if it were to become some widespread epidemic among the community where a bunch of people decide to fudge their rare candy totals a small amount once or twice a year... well, honestly, who cares? Is somebody cheesing themselves a couple extra levels going to unbalance the game, make it less enjoyable for anybody, or really have a significant effect on anyone? I would argue no.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Snorby; 05-11-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #11
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
The scenario I threw out is something that may very well happen unintentionally, and that could be interpreted as otherwise, causing in the process strife and toxicity. It's not about implementing a measure out of distrust, it's about not creating opportunitues where members can breach said trust when it could otherwise be easily avoided. In addition, as already mentioned, there are other benefits for the candy bank as well.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
Patches
Shake it!

I completely agree that there should be enough trust in the members to not take advantage of the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Because let's be real, if someone is maniacally plotting 6 months or more ahead to fake forget to edit their member post in order to get a net +2 Rare Candies when they get a free Rare Candy every week... frankly that person is probably such a twat that they're a problem member in a million other respects and we should be keeping an eye on them anyway if they aren't banned outright.
Exactly.

And side note, I really feel like it's not as easy to forget as some may think. I personally feel like remembering to keep track of rare candies in your profile is pretty much the same as having to remember to post in a shop about it. I mean either way you have to remember to record your candy somewhere.

I would still be fine for it to be an option for players because then it will be there for the players that prefer to use it while also not affecting the players that don't.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #13
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
As someone incredibly scatterbrained and forgetful, I honestly want the shop back, even as a subsection of the bank. It's just easier to have a thread to keeo track of candies and use them. Rare Candies are always going to have an inherant value to people, even then there is no official use for them besides leveling. The Candy Store is a nice, simple way of keeping track of everyone's candy and having a nice place to use said candy.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #14
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Im of the opinion that we dont need a confirmation of candies
but
I personally need a seperate place.
We could make it so its eather or.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #15
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
One really nice thing about the Candy Store is that it makes for a convenient place to use candies instead of having to keep track over multiple threads on where you used candies. Not to mention it's a great place to keep track of candies because even I make mistakes and have math errors, make note of the wrong amount of candies, mix up where I got them, etc.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #16
Sneaze
Mrow?

The biggest thing with the Candy Store is that it doesn't really monetize Candies and as such there's every reason to keep it for organizational purposes and no real reason to get rid of it.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #17
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

So, if I'm understanding everything correctly, what people want is an optional-participation organization thread in which members CAN keep track of their candies, but are not forced to do so. This would not be a shop requiring a dedicated SO - just a place for organizational purposes.

So, if this is how we want to move forward:

1) Would this be a stand-alone thread or an optional part of the Pokebank?
2) Would it be located in Shops or in the TO?
3) Would we want this organizational option limited to Candies, or would people be able to organize other high-volume items (such as gummis)?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #18
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Now you mention gummis, having a thread themed on Pokenfectionary would be pretty fun to have. We can have it be a standalone thread in the shops, and -potentially- have it so you can collect a weekly gummi of your choice (save Wonder/Mysterious Gummis) much like the Department Store's weekly candy.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #19
Snorby
Snackin'

I'd personally say either a part of the Pokebank or just a TO thread, depends on how Rue feels about it. If we're doing it for candies then it would only max sense to do it for Gummis etc since we're phasing candies out as a currency and that reinforces the fact that they're just a regular item.

If we were gonna make it a shop, I'd say we should move the weekly candy there instead of have it in the Department Store.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #20
Patches
Shake it!

I personally think it should be its own thread with the shops. And I agree that it would make more sense for the weekly candy to be moved to there. I also think that weekly gummi suggestion sounds like a nice idea.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #21
Meetan
Soul Badge

I seriously and definitely need a candy-tracking section of some kind, but I also really love the idea of a pokefectionary store, too! Using it to track candies and gummis and picking one a week sounds darn good to me.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I do honestly agree with the idea of a weekly gummi, possibly replacing the old weekly berry. One of my issues with the old IQ system was that outside of events and birthdays you had no real way of reliably getting the gummis needed for the IQ tiers they set out for the IQ rewards which were disproportionately high.

(The other is that half the things on the IQ reward list weren't all that good but that's something to fix when we actually get around to making an IQ thread of some descript)

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #23
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Er, Whimsy... there already is an IQ Thread. Dedicated to it exclusively, no less! Still, that's neither here nor here right now.

I'm on the boat of folks who'd like to keep a separate record-keeping thread for Rare Candies. I mean, it's pretty easy to tell that I'm not so great at keeping things properly organized just from looking at the last page of my member's thread! I'm fine with picking up the Monday Candies at the Candy Store, as long edits are done with proper dating as avoid cheesing the system.

I'm going take discussion on gummi distribution over to the appropriate thread, if you don't mind. It's kind of there for a reason!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I really like the idea of moving the weekly candy pickup to the Candy Store since it means we can just keep track of them in the same post where they are picked up rather than picking up the candy in the Department Store and then recording/linking to it in another post. (Result: we drastically reduce post clutter!) My thoughts on a weekly gummi are already in the IQ thread, but having said them I would be all for it as it gives those of us interested in IQ a reliable way to raise it.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #25
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
I have tons of Candies from the old FB, and I would forget to keep track of them all if I didn't have the Candy Store...

If the Candy Store is a separate thread, and not a subsection of the bank, then the new thread should have another service besides being a bank for Rare Candies.

Fizzy Bubbles
Mon1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development