UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #51
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 14: This round though.

Melynx, looking on with a smug grin on his face, promptly runs down from the tree to greet his disabled foe. With a snicker and a quick taunt, he envelopes himself in bug energy and slams into Talon, before pulling a U-Turn back to his pokeball. Talon remains grounded, but starts to bring herself to her feet, as the paralysis slowly wears off. She looks up to see an unfamiliar figure above her, in the form of Lucy the Mawile!

*I don't do it like this any more but for consistencies sake I'll carry on for this battle.

Quote:
Mawile (Steel/Fairy): Mawile's metal jaws are very strong and exceptionally difficult to force open. Attacks involved with them are 1.2x stronger then normal. Their techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective. Mawile can see in the dark. In its Mega Forme, Mawile gains a second jaw. The two jaws can be controlled independently of one another, allowing for a great deal of physical manipulation. Mawile's deceptive attacks are also extremely potent in this form, gaining a 15% boost in damage and are likely to trick the foe, even if they've been deceived before.
Spoiler: show
[Steel]: Steel-type Pokémon generally have tempered bodies, meaning they take slightly reduced damage from physical attacks. Their Steel type attacks are more proficient at cutting through energy, allowing them to reduce damage while breaking through them, unlike other Pokémon. Most are so heavy that they will sink in water, so they stay away from deep-water sources if possible, though they are not bothered by water to the degree Rock-types are. Most Steel Pokémon prefer cold temperatures to hot ones. Steel-types are resistant to XX and take neutral damage from the damaging effects of Normal-type energy in the ASB, as opposed to resisted damage in the games. They are immune to the damaging effects of Poison-type energy and are difficult to poison.
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, but they will not be off put by urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Talon glances up at her, noticing the typing of the pokemon and grinning to herself. She readies herself for her next attack and... oh. Well... this is interesting. Talon seems to have tried to muster up her Ominous Wind but failed to get her wings to work due to the still rather heavy paralysis she is feeling. Talon feels embarassed, and tries it again, this time attempting to bring up fire energy into her wings... nope. Nothing. In trying to redeem herself from her first failure, she's only made a bigger fool of herself. Lucy looks on, confused about the whole situation but grateful for it anyway.

Only resisted damage dealt to Talon and energy use from the retreated Melynx. No energy use from Talon or Lucy, and no damage to Lucy either. Talon is still for the most part heavily paralysed, although it'll start wearing off soon if it isn't jolted out of her before then. Both are fresh and good for 2 moves.

Savage to order please.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:29 PM   #52
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

How about this. Psycho Shift your paralysis to Lucy, then Air Slash.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:35 AM   #53
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Look at that, Melynx must have got him pretty good. For once he does something helpful! *The jaw grins menacingly*

I'd would've hoped he'd be more subtle, though...But now it's your turn, Lucy. Quickly move in and let your other side chomp down with Thunder Fang before Talon can get to work!

I won't let anything stop me, i'll get the point across with an Ice Fang too! You know the drill, you. *The Jaw snaps in understanding.*

Go for it, let loose!
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #54
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 15: The tide turns(?)

Having blundered in the previous round, Talon seeks to make the most of her condition by conjuring up a crafty move. Although the paralysis is fading away, she locates the issue in her body, focusing hard on the root of the paralysis and where it seems to be stemming from. Lucy, in the meantime, seeks to go on the offensive, sprinting towards Talon with Thunder crackling through her fangs. As she gets close, the paralysis that was hindering Talon suddenly Shifts over to the Mawile, who slows down as the electricity copies over and begins to envelope her. Fortunately for her, she manages to sink her fangs in before the slightly weaker copy of paralysis takes a hold, dealing a hard super effective blow. This jolts her out of her own paralysis however, and Talon is able to get a little distance. She doesn't quite have the capability for flight yet, however, and turns to face her opponent once again. Lucy hobbles as the paralysis takes effect, although she's able to move at a slow pace. Talon seizes her oppertunity, but oddly opts for a resisted attack in the form of Air Slash. The attack hits Lucy, and doesn't seem to phase her much as some of the already weak paralysis is jolted from her. Grinning, Lucy slowly jogs towards Talon. Whilst she doesn't have a lot of speed at the moment, Talon is still suffering from the after effects of the paralysis and is unable to get her flight back before she gets chowed down on. Ice Fang catches her for another hard hit, as she attempts to put even more distance between them after the blow. The round ends as Talon gives her wings another shot, and she manages to lift herself off the ground, the after effects finally fading, a little too late for her to be satisfied.

Huge damage for Talon that round, and she now sits directly on the final third. Energy use was fairly high from the Psycho Shift but she's good for two moves still. Psychic energy took a shot as well but still has a reasonable amount left in the tanks. She's free from paralysis and back in the air finally.

Lucy only took a small resisted hit, and used less overall energy than Talon. She's fresh out of the pokeball but she's adopted some weak paralysis from Talon. It'll fade within the next round, however. Both Ice and Electric energy pools have a reasonable amount left, able to fuel at least 1 more of each fang.

Trot to order please.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:58 PM   #55
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

If Talon was heavily paralyzed, why was Lucy only lightly paralyzed?
Old 08-16-2016, 05:42 AM   #56
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

A few reasons. For starters, the paralysis was fading as we entered the round so it was gradually becoming less prominent anyway. Secondly, since it was a full body paralysis, Psycho Shift copied a weaker version over (as per the Attack Description). Thirdly, Air Slash knocked a little more of the paralysis out of her but she still retains some weak paralysis.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 AM   #57
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Sheesh. Was paralysis always this persistent?

I dunno, but i'm not gonna let a few sparks stop us!

You tell 'em! Quick, before he flies away. Catch him in your Vice Grip!

You heard him, make it snappy! *The jaw grinds its teeth in determination.*

Try to grip his wings, and don't let go. Smash and Slam him as much as you can!
Old 08-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #58
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Burst Agility out of there, then unleash that Heat Wave.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #59
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 16: Up and out of there

Having limbered up from her previous round, Talon seeks to make ammends to herself and pays close attention to Lucy's movements. She seeks to take advantage of the relatively close distance, as she swings her jaws round in an attempt to clamp down on Talon for a Vicegrip. However, she's a bit sluggish from the shifted paralysis from last round, and Talon has more than enough time to quickly dash over her with a burst of Agility, heading towards the center of the arena. Never again will Talon take her flying ability for granted again! Anyway, Lucy turns to face her opponent, seeming even more free as the paralysis finally looks like it's faded, but with some minor after effects. She follows after Talon towards the center of the arena, but is greeted by a Wave of Super-Heated air, causing her to stop her forward motion and brace herself as the damage sears through her. Lucy, angered by the damage, reaches up with her extended jaw trying to pluck Talon out of the air. She reaches up and... BARELY misses her wing! Lucy kisses her teeth from both mouths as the after-effects of paralysis seem to have halted her attempts to Slam Talon. Especially seeing as her wings are so small to begin with! Talon hovers backwards a bit as the two pokemon stare eachother down, back in the center of the arena.

The idea was good from Lucy but the execution was lacking! Loads of damage to Lucy this round, but she's not breached the second third mark yet. Meanwhile Talon managed to escape damage that round, whilst using a fair amount of energy in the process, with his energy looking relatively low overall. He's feeling a bit tired but nothing too serious at the moment. Paralysis is finally gone for both sides.

Savage to order please.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #60
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Fly up to the highest perch you can reach and Roost there.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #61
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yeaaargh! You...you're SO gonna pay for that! Get down here and take us on, you Scaredy-Meowth!

A complete miss...!? Oooh, don't let him get away! Taunt him a little, that'll egg him on a bit. Then shoot him down with a little rocky revenge, use Stone Edge!

He's mine!
Old 08-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #62
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 17: Get back here bird!

Talon, having come out clean in the last round, seeks to preserve herself more, turning back towards the trees and seeking a branch to Roost on. As she flies, however, she glances back at Lucy, and is not happy with what she sees! Lucy Taunts at her, "Get down here and take us on, you Scaredy-Meowth!!"

'Me? Scared? I'll be damned if I let this rapscallion embarass me like this, I say!' Talon speaks in her mind. I imagine Talon having a British demeanor for some reason... maybe I'm just too British. Anyway, Talon is mad, and turns back towards her foe, refusing to land on the perch. Lucy grins, Talon having fallen into her trap. Rock energy swirls and forms solid structures around Lucy, as Talon realises quite the blunder she has made. The Stones fly towards Talon, striking her with sharp Edges and shooting her out of the sky. She plummets, having been hit with such a powerful, super effective attack. She thuds onto the ground, with Lucy looking on triumphantly. But she's still kicking, although battered and bruised, and brings herself back into the air.

Talon is approaching critical levels of health after eating that powerful attack. She didn't use any energy however because of the taunt, so she's refreshed, and she's over the taunt after taking so much damage. Lucy only used energy that round.

Trot to order please.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #63
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I'd like to forfeit this please, I don't wish to continue...
Old 08-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #64
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I'd much rather you didn't. I don't know what your reasons for forfeiting are, but I've noticed you attempt to forfeit matches in which you think you're going to lose. I read the match you had with Kush, you threatened to forfeit, and then won anyway. From my point of view you still have a good shot at winning this match.

Also bare in mind this decision doesn't only affect you. Less KO's & TP for Savage, less SP for me. Considering I've been trying really hard to keep up with the 48 hour bonus I'll feel like i'm being conned out of SP if you just quit now.

Do you what you like, but I'm asking you to reconsider based on that.

TL;DR: Pls don't im poor and i need SP T_T
Old 08-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #65
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

For the record i'm over any worries of losing (Even if it IS inevitable...), but my reasons are outside of that.

But in that case, could it be a Draw then? I am SO disheartened right now...
Old 08-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #66
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I mean, calling a draw won't make any difference for me or savage, but I'm willing to accept the forfeit since I don't want to pry into personal issues.

Tell you what, I'll give this until my TA is over(Sunday), since I technically said I'll be inactive and unable to ref until then. So feel free to change your mind between that time, but I'd recommend you talk to Savage and see what he'd like to be done as well.

Hope whatever it is that's affecting you gets resolved quickly!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #67
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

I'd rather call a draw. I would feel bad adding this as a win on my record as I doubt I could recover and win the match at this point. I don't really have anything that can deal with Lucy and Melynx lol.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #68
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Good news, i'm feeling better continue! Sorry for being such a bother, orders will be made shortly.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #69
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Hehe, he totally fell for it! *The jaw snickers*

But you'd better be careful. He may be beaten up, but he's still dangerous! I can bet you he's itching for a harsh attack...

Not if I put him on ice first! An Ice Beam should do the trick.

Do it now before he retaliates! And if that doesn't work, zap him for all it's worth with a Thunderbolt!

Come on, let's shoot 'em down for good!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #70
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Sorry for the wait, I'll order tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:26 AM   #71
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Protect yourself from Ice Beam, then Detect that Thunderbolt coming and get out of the way!
Old 08-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #72
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 18: Uhhhhh...

Having fallen for one to many tricks from Lucy, Talon keeps wary of her foe as she hovers about a bit. Lucy can see that Talon is playing it safe for the round, and proceeds to unleash the rest of the super effective tanks. A pale blue bubble of energy swirls up around her auxiliary mouth, as Lucy turns her back to Talon and the auxiliary mouth takes over. An Ice Beam bursts free from the mouth, a blue stream of almost electrical looking energy hurtling towards Talon. She'll have none of it though, and she has more than enough time to prepare and Protect herself. A translucent shield appears around her, soaking up the damage from the attack as Talon drops to the ground to retain her focus. As the ice beam ends, the protective bubble disappears into thin air, with Talon grounded. Lucy almost see's that as her cue to continue her offensive, the jaws remaining poised towards Talon's position. Talon Detects that Lucy is about to do something bad, and retains her position on the ground whilst focusing intently on Lucy. However as Lucy attempts to summon forth her attack... nothing happens. All parties look somewhat confused for a moment, and then Lucy realises... She doesn't learn Thunderbolt! Talon remains wary for a moment after, but realises she doesn't have to any longer and puts herself back in the air.

No damage to either side, energy usage from both. Lucy is about out of Ice energy, and still has her Electric energy left.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:33 AM   #73
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Neat. Aerial Ace, then Aerial Ace again. You've done well, Talon. 'Twas a noble debut.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:01 AM   #74
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

*Sweatdrop* Ugh. Well, don't I feel stupid...

Gah! Sorry, Lucy. I must have gotten so caught up that I got a tad confused...

Whatever, this time he's going down(and with something I actually know!)!

Let's take him out of the sky once and for all. Pummel him with your Stone Edge!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #75
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 19: The Final Fight

I'd like this to be longer but there's not much to write here.

Talon, looking happy with her overall performance after her trainers remark, knows that she'll inevitably be going down soon. With Lucy looking frustrated with last rounds events, Talon switches up his defensive stance, surging towards Lucy, coated in a veil of Flying typed energy. Lucy's jaws open as she spies Talon hurtling towards her, but Talob quickly darts around her at the last second, striking Lucy in the face with an Aerial Ace. Lucy had prepared for the worst, however comes out of the attack relatively unscathed, as she prepares her own retaliation. Once again, rock energy begins to form Stones around Lucy's position, which launch at the vulnerable owl. She's seen the attack before, and makes the attempt to arc around, but is struck with the Edge of one of the stones, leading her off balance and distracting her. From there, the rest of the stones collide with her, dealing the final blow as Talon plummets to the ground, knocked out.

Talon is unable to battle! Final pokemon and orders from Savage please!

Not much to say for Lucy here except that she's now out of Rock energy. Other than that, a small scrape of damage is all there is to report.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL