Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
TrotAway (c) vs dirkac (a)
3 vs. 3
AP Restriction: 20?
24 Hour DQ
Return = KO
Arena: Lawn
One of the most basic battling arenas. A large, well kept lawn area, situated outside. Rocks can be easily summoned from underground for use in attacks like Stealth Rock, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily.
New year, new ASB. Let's get cracking! Trot Away, you squad first.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yes, lets. Come on, everybody, new adventures in battling await!

Samy - Minccino, Male (1) Let's do it!
Holding Chople Berry

Vira - Dewott, Female (2) Don't underestimate me, and you'll regret it!
Holding Mystic Water

Kira - Braixen, Male (2) This could prove interesting.
Holding Charcoal

Mira - Grovyle, Female (2) Yahoo! I can't wait to show, em my moves!
Holding Miracle Seed

Mundi - Cutiefly, Female (1) Count me in, i'm here to help.

Mysterious Girl - Espurr, Female (1) Hmm...*Stares*

Is that everyone? Alright, let's stand by and see who we're up against.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
dirkac
uhhhhh

okkkk let's have a good first battle of both the new asb *and* the new year

Snorval - Male Whiscash @ Rindo Berry (3)
HP: Fire

Zwijmuis - Male Swoobat @ Mental Herb (3)
HP: Fighting

Dubbalm - Male Ambipom @ Nacre Berry (3)
HP: Flying

Krafschuw - Female Crabominable @ Eject Button (3)
HP: Ground

Boekerade - Female Roserade @ Black Sludge (4)
HP: Water

Schordil - Female Armaldo @ Micle Berry (4)
HP: Grass

Zwijmuis
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

A Swoobat, huh? He looks like a real friend-maker! But I bet he's a tough one, too...

Interesting...

Something on your mind, Kira?

If you don't mind I want to study his style. I know a thing or two about Psychics, but it's about time for some paws-on research, no?

In other words, you wanna fight him? Go for it! Be careful, though. He looks tricky...

*Nods.*

Lets start by coming in hot, Flame Charge and pound him one! Watch his movements closely, use Fire Spin to keep him from going anywhere!

Last edited by Trot Away; 12-31-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
dirkac
uhhhhh

Make sure to stay very close as you use a Heart Stamp.

Then use Acrobatics, making use of the momentum to take flight.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:16 AM   #6
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEE

I'm way too drunk to ref with a name like zwijmuis or whatever so you're gonna be z. for now. aight. cool.

it is a CHALLENGE to read all this cool stuff that we did for asb 2.0 so just hang tight because i have to consult this bullshit to make it all work.

kira the braixen watches her foe carefully. he looks friendly but he's a bat. can't be trusted. he is just flapping there disarmingly. not a care in the world. so she CHARGES...IN FLAMES!!!! and smacks him up a bunch, looking limber and quick. But what's this??? she has opened herself up for counterattack! z has recovered with remarkable speed, having braced well for the quick blow, and boom. stamp of approval. that was a good flame charge and you are good for doing it. turns out that this is very emotionally painful and kira takes good damage to her psyche. honestly how dare he.

z swoops around a bunch and boops her snoot. but he thinks his trainer is somewhat of a fool because it is not terribly good. it's reduced to solid damage. he's holding something. this is obvious to everyone. but at the same time he's proud. they'll never think of this! using acrobatics with a held item. It's genius in its terribleness. Energy-efficient solid damage. Just like the heart stamp. but better?

but what's this?? kira is already swooping her wand around. A column of spooky flames swirls out and woobat is surrounded. he takes flight but it doesn't help. nothing helps. there is fire everywhere. oh no! this is a bad situation.

at the end of the round both pokemon traded blows. woobat is surrounded by flames and is looking a little bit intimidated by all the flames he is surrounded by. braixen is feeling fast and loose. which i regret saying. they're fresh and all that jazz, ready to get the fight moving in earnest.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:19 AM   #7
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

o fuk charcoal.

i edited the move power in my head and it technically only adds 1 damage so it is fully inconsequential, but im posting this here so that i remember it in the future.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:38 AM   #8
dirkac
uhhhhh

Air Cutter theough the Fire Spin, Psychic
Old 01-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #9
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Oh, he got a little. Are you ok?

Nothing I can't get over.

Good to hear, but I doubt that flame is going to hold him for long...Dive straight through it and hammer him with Fire Blast point blank! We need to strike hard, a Shock Wave oughta give him a bit of a buzz!

Did anyone ever tell you how childish and nonsensical you are sometimes?

Oops, out of time. Hop to it!
Old 01-01-2018, 06:53 PM   #10
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

I anticipated having to look everything up, but what I wasn't prepared for was the annoying headache that is opening every spreadsheet and waiting for it to load. UGH.

i forgot about scs whoops!

Quote:
Swoobat (Psychic/Flying): Swoobat can see but are adept at using sound waves as a means of sensing their environment, allowing it to "see" their foe's location despite visual trickery or obstructions. Their Supersonic is slightly more effective than normal. They can see in the dark and have sensitive hearing, at the expense of increased vulnerability to sound based status attacks, though they are immune to confusion from Supersonic. They are very agile fliers. They fight more enthusiastically at night.
Quote:
Braixen (Fire): Braixen are amateur Psychics, slightly more adept than their previous forms at manipulating their Fire attacks. Using a move, Braixen can be ordered to draw the twig from their tail, lighting it. They can use this twig as a light source or to direct their Fire attacks, or possibly as a source for their moves (at the cost of light energy). However, if the twig is stolen or extinguished, they will be unable to direct their Fire attacks and will have to relight it using a Fire move or by lighting it with their tail again. They are familiar with the Psychic type. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.
Quote:
[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokémon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.

[Fire]: Fire-types fight most enthusiastically in hot and dry conditions. They are extremely difficult to burn and most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time. Fire-type Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short. Their Fire type moves will be hotter than normal, allowing them to inflict more potent burns with a greater frequency, and their Fire type moves will naturally have a somewhat wider spread without a loss in power.

[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. This also means that they are much harder to knock off course after gathering momentum. They are also more adept at commanding the wind, and they can use these attacks with slightly less energy than normal. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.
Z is looking around at all the fire. Nope, he says. Gotta go. So he takes a bunch of wind and slashes right through the spinning flames! He needs an Aircut so he went to the Aircuttery. The slashing winds deal a glancing blow to Kira by dumb luck, but it's very small and ignorable. However, the assault she primed in return was definitely neither of those things! A huge kanji of burning fire slams right into Woobat, IN FLAMES!!! What a blow! The crowd goes wild! The imaginary crowd!

Woobat looks a little shellshocked after that, and understandably so, but he's still got a job to do. Summoning mental energy, he sends a concussive wave of force hurtling towards his foe. Winded as she is after that powerful Fire Blast, Kira is unable to avoid it and takes the damage to her face. Holding up her paw in retaliation, an unearthly blue glow surrounding it, she sends a wave of scattered shocks forward! The attack is a tiny bit weakened due to the forceful attack she just performed, but it's still dangerously zappy against a Woobat like that!

At the end of the round, Z is looking very upset! He's been knocked to the bottom of his first third, and is feeling very threatened by powerful fire and electric attacks. Kira took a lot less damage, but the blows still hurt; she's a little over halfway through her first third.

Though the Fire Blast was taxing and the Shock Wave was things on top of things, Kira is feeling a little better now and is ready to keep fighting. Z is not particularly tired in any way, and is ready to beat the crap out of his opponent!

Last edited by Shuckle; 01-02-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #11
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Good show, Kira! Also, should we remind them that you're a boy?

I kind of have other things to worry about...

Oh, right right right! We'd better not take any chances here...Ignite your wand and watch him closely. Cage 'em with another Fire Spin if he dares to get too close! Otherwise, just be careful...
Old 01-02-2018, 12:55 PM   #12
dirkac
uhhhhh

uh

its a swoobat
Old 01-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #13
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

look i was drunk and it actually does not matter
Old 01-03-2018, 06:55 AM   #14
dirkac
uhhhhh

Air Cutter, then use Psychic to toss its wand away from it.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #15
Shuckle
Mage of Mind

The battle rages on as Kira whips it out and lights it on fire...his wand, that is. He's taking no chances against this Swoobat, and is just waiting for an opportunity to launch another Fire Spin.

Z, in turn, launches an Air Cutter. Kira gives a sprightly leap, but is unable to avoid most of the damage. The Swoobat's eyes begin to glow an unearthy blue, and he uses telekinetic Psychic on the wand. Unfortunately, Kira happens to be holding the wand, and all Swoobat manages to really accomplish is to jerk Kira around by the paw for a few moments before giving up.

Not a whole lot happened this round, but Kira is feeling rough and ready to deal some damage in retaliation for the free damage he took. He's getting close to the bottom of his first third.

Swoobat did a lot of inefficient stuff this round and is looking a little bit annoyed. He's not tired yet, but he is noticeably more tired out than his opponent.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #16
dirkac
uhhhhh

Knock Off the wand, then Heart Stamp
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #17
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Nice that you held onto your wand, Kira. But he seems bent on changing that...

Good...

Huh?? What are you...Ohh, I get it. You have a plan, right?

If he wants to relieve me of my wand, then so be it. I'll just return the favor with a bit of Foul Play.

How sneaky, that'll teach him to keep his wings off your stuff! Cut him a new one while you're at it. but if he's too out of reach, unleash your Hidden Power instead!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL