UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 10-05-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
Azzy
Pokemon Trainer

Gimmie Anime Suggestions \o/

I've had a hankering for some classics I may not have seen or might be in the mood for a rewatch so give me some suggestions!
Or just say your favorite anime idk ;;
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

There is an anime forum with a suggestions box *cough cough*. But I won't move this thread there in case you won't see it moved and make you think I deleted this thread in a furious rage.

Anyhow, as for rewatches I generally like to rewatch:
Gurren Lagann
FMA: Brotherhood
Sword/Aegis of Uruk
Madoka (not the movies)

I always like to recommend Cowboy Bebop but I haven't rewatched it in ages. Maybe soon.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #3
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
There is an anime forum with a suggestions box *cough cough*. But I won't move this thread there in case you won't see it moved and make you think I deleted this thread in a furious rage.
I had the same thought lol.

Anyway in terms of classics I will always recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. =3=b
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I thought you could leave a redirect link when moving threads lol.

Anyway, BBB's Suggestion thread has kind of become the Dopple and friends talk about anime or manga maybe. The thread keeps changing based on the seasons and the dedication to anime various people have. This year kinda sucked (overall, but also anime-wise) so it's been a bit lackluster.

Some of my recent favorites:

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (2016): An isekai dealing with a group of people sent to a magical fantasy world and now forced to fight to survive in a magical fantasy world. Out of so many isekai in the modern anime, it stands out by not being a super power fantasy. It's slow and emotion and still has good moments of action. It also had beautiful water painted backgrounds.

O Maidens of the Savage Season (2019): An anime about girls in a high school literature club learning about love and their sexuality. Sounds weird, but it's essentially a romantic drama with some comedy. It explores a very unexplored moment in many people's lives where they go from innocent child to adult and discovering what love is and understanding their feelings. The confusion, the misunderstandings, the struggle the girls face are all well done and has it stick out in my mind as one of the better examples in anime.

Kaguya: Love is War (2 seasons- 2019 & 2020): At the illustrious Shuchiin Academy, two great figures engage in the greatest battle ever. Miyuki Shirogane, school council President is a poor kid with strong work ethic that allows him to top all exam scores. His rival, Vice President Kaguya Shinomiya who comes from an immensely wealthy family, she scores only 2nd to Miyuki. Their battlefield: getting the other to confess their love to them. Both are in love with the other, but their pride refuses to let them confess first, seeing it as a surrender. Now these two intelligent characters strategize a way to entrap the other and win the war of love. In all seriousness- it's a psuedo-battle romantic comedy. Great stuff.

Dororo (2019): Perfect for October cause it's kind of horror. A lord in feudal Japan promises 12 demons anything for protection and prosperity in his lands. The demons agree and on the day his son is born, the child is struck by lightning. In the aftermath, the child is left with almost nothing but the immense desire to live. The child is sent down a river to die, but 16 years later he's alive, seeking out the demons to reclaim his body. He is opposed by ghouls, the demons, and even humans who wish to keep the land prosperous.

Vinland Saga (2019): Great viking action anime. It's very outlandish and pretty fun. Bit of politics. Thorfinn is the son of Thors, a great viking warrior who deserted the battlefield to live in peace. They live a simple life in the harsh world of medieval Iceland. Denmark declares war on the British Isles and Thors is called back to service, but is instead sent to die. Thorfinn, having sneaked aboard his father's ship, witnesses his death and declares vengeance.

Mob Psycho 100 (2 seasons- 2016 & 2019): Mob is a high school boy with poor self esteem and bad physical strength, but immense psychic powers. He always keeps his emotions in check to prevent possible incidents with his powers. This leaves him coming off as a weird and unremarkable kid. But when he does unleash, things get crazy. Don't want to give away too much, but it's a great action comedy.

Rascal Does Not Dream of his Bunnygirl Senpai (2018): A boy, Sakuta Azusagawa goes to his library and witnesses a beautiful bunny girl walking around, but oddly enough it seems no one else can see her. She is Mai Sakurajima, former actress and his senpai attending his high school. This leads to him taking an interest in her to solve the problem of supernatural phenomenon of Puberty Syndrome. My absolute favorite anime of recent years. It hits a lot of genres and it's not for everyone, but I love it to bits. It also has a movie sequel called Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc