UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #51
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I had a dream where I sang an interesting rendition of "Dacing Queen" with kids from my school.

They changed the lyrics half way through.

It was still pretty fun though.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #52
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I had a dream where I sang an interesting rendition of "Dacing Queen" with kids from my school.

They changed the lyrics half way through.

It was still pretty fun though.
You're a Dancing Queen.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #53
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

*Dancing Queen

Also Michelle Obama was in my dream earlier doing some sort of interpretive thingy to some sort of show. I was confused.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #54
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Dunno why, but I feel I've got to comment on this.

For like a week now, I've been having dreams of Muv-Luv. It's pretty cool, because my desire to play the game has been so strong it's driven me to wake up promptly, and early.

But after finishing part one of Alternative last night, I had a weird dream where late at night I was in a shady gas station-style convenience store, and was buying cheap candy squares ($.25/each), about the size of a single Reece's Peanut Butter Cup. From the inside, it looked like it was located on capital avenue in Sacramento. Anyhow, I bought several dollars worth of the stuff, ate it, left then jogged back to buy more, and saw the store was closing. I decded to go in anyway and pick up these weird Hershey's bars, walked up to purchase them, but noticed I only had a dime and two quarters. One of the quarters was from 1942, so I decided to not use it. The other quarter had this piece fall off it, which I felt was important.

All of a sudden, one of the cashiers said something to the other, and the other pulled out a double barreled pistol/shotgun weapon (it was about a foot long, if that helps - sawed off shotgun?) and plugged the other cashier. He then held up the rest of the store at gunpoint, though some guys ran away. I ignored him for a bit and he pointed the gun at my face, so I walked around the stand he was and grabbed the gun barrel, and pointed it at him. He fired, but it didn't do anything - the safety was on (idiot?). So then I kicked him a couple times, undid the safety and shot him. Then I walked outside and threw the gun over the overhang canopy that covers the front portal. After that, I presume, I caught my bus home (since it's capital avenue).

Strange, neh?

I still got up on time, but I'm sure I was thinking about Muv-Luv for a while, anyway...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Don't see how that had anything to do with Muv-Luv though. does it mirror a specific similar occurrence in the game?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #56
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I forgot to mention the cashier was raving that his name was "Alex Plummer". I think from now on Alex Plummer is going to be the effigy my brain summons when I want to mentally main someone when I'm frustrated or angry.

No, the dream has nothing to do with Muv-Luv. That's why I found it so queer. Nearly a week of short dream bursts involving Muv-Luv and out of nowhere this patchwork abberation.

There might be some connections, though.

1. Capitol avenue is where I catch my bus rides back home from work. I went to work on Sunday, but that event was book-ended buy Muv-Luv immersion and even while I was at work, I was thinking about it.
2. I often go to liquor stores before I climb onto buses to buy cheap candy. Yesterday, I ate some old chocolate-covered gingerbread men, typical of what I would get at such stores.
3. Getting a gun pointed at me is pretty reminiscent of Muv-Luv, but that's a military story, so it's given.
4. How I reacted - basically ignoring the gunman, is something I might have done in real life.
5. Grabbing the gun barrel and turning it on him without hesitation/adrenaline is something Takeru, with military training, would do. I could have done it IRL, but I wouldn't have been as calm or efficient, since it's fudging stupid. But I think watching Takeru might have gotten me a little bit of confidence in such a situation.
6. Shooting him and throwing the gun away? No thanks.
7. Leaving the shop to go back to my regular schedule seems badarse, and something I'd love to do, but considering police regularly swarm Capitol avenue it's a bad idea.
8. I have no idea where the name "Alex Plummer" comes from. Alex could have a dozen sources. Plummer I had forgotten, except before I left the shop I remembered to connect the guy's name to Christopher Plummer, the von Trapp from The Sound of Music. When I woke up and forgot Plummer's name, I just recalled SoM and instantly recalled the guy called himself Alex Plummer. The only connection to Muv-Luv I could make was that it was an American-sounding name, and there were American military Takeru met at the end of coup d'etat, Major Walken and First Lieutenant Irma.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #57
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I had the weirdest dream last night ...

I was playing Magic: the Gathering with Evel Dick Donato from Big Briother 8 US and somebody else. We were in my parent's house and were playing the game in what is my sister's bedroom. Dick was sat to my left, whoever else was with us was sat opposite us. My cards were mostly sleeved in black card protectors. Some of Dick's cards (only some) were also sleeved in black card protectors. Out of nowhere and with no warning whatsoever, Dick grabs several of my best cards, one at a time, throws them down on his side of the field, picks up some of his cards which are in black sleeves, and gives them to me. It's an awkward situation but I try to laugh it off. When I realize he isn't going to give me back my cards, though, and I realize that I'm already beginning to forget which cards of mine he's taken, I reach for the first of my cards and he stops me. The two of us get into a nasty argument and it almost comes to physical blows. I am crushed that my hero, Evel Dick, is such an asshole, and even though I'm scared that he's about to totally pulverize me, I stand my ground and say something along the pitiful lines of "YOU. TOOK. MY. CARDS. ;_;" Pissed off, Dick gets up to go use the restroom. After he does, I nervously look at the guy sitting across from us, look back at Dick's side of the field, and make my move: taking the risk that the guy opposite me will rat me out, I furiously begin rummaging through the cards on Dick's side of the field, looking at the ones with black card protectors and trying to remember which were mine and which were his. The problem is, I find some cards which I think might be my card but I'm not sure. Like, I find one of this one angel but the card I've picked up from Dick's side of the field is a holo, and I don't remember if I had a holo out yet, even though I know I have this card in my deck and it's a very good card. Anxious that Dick could return from the bathroom at any moment, I grab my best guess of the three or so cards he took from me and put them on my side of the field, returning to him the mostly-crappy cards I know he'd given me. But there's a problem: I know in my gut that at least one of these cards isn't mine. I know in my gut that at least one of my original cards is still on Dick's side of the field. But (for whatever reasons as in this dream) he did the switcheroo so quickly and I got so emotional in the heat of the moment that I've completely, totally forgotten which cards of mine he just took from my side of the field. So the best thing I could do was to simply take cards that I assumed were of equivalent value. In other words, I counter-stole from the thief. And I felt awful about it.

Dick comes back from the bathroom and the game is pretty much over because no one feels like playing anymore. I'm nervously looking at the other guy, worried that he's about to tell Dick what just happened, but he says nothing and I figuratively breathe a sigh of relief. The guy packs up his cards and heads home, leaving just me and Evel Dick in the room, my sister's old bedroom. We were playing the game of MtG by candlelight, I should point out, way late at night, and so as we prepare for bed (???), I break the silence and whisper to Dick:

"I want you to know ... you're still my favorite Big Brother player of all time."

The way I say it is so quiet and sounds so hurt, like tears are about to start gushing forth from the words, that Dick looks at me with a sympathetic-but-frustrated face. I keep going. I start talking to him about how his season was the best season of Big Brother I've ever seen, how I feel that he was the best player to ever play. He says that he wasn't, and I clarify, "I don't mean that you were the best player strategy-wise. I mean that you were the most fun to watch." I'm pretty much crying at this point but I go on from talking about how much I admired him as a player to talking about his relationship with his estranged daughter, Daniele. I point out the obvious, that I don't know anything about what has happened between him and his daughter, what kind of father he was to her, any of that, but I say that from what I saw on the show, he seemed like a good man who cared very deeply for his daughter and how I really loved seeing the two of them become closer during the game. Before I know, it's sunrise, and my dad comes to wake me and Evel Dick up. (LOL, so weird, I know, right!? XD) My words seem to have really reached Dick and he makes it clear that he wants me to still be able to like him and that he's sorry for what happened last night. But I don't remember much past this because then the dream shifts ...

... to McDonald's. There's lots of snow on the ground and I'm walking outside, around the store and towards the back/side where the drive-thru order mic is placed. As I walk, I see an old girl friend of mine walking in the opposite direction, to go and order inside the store and eat indoors. Her hair has gotten really long (almost to her hips) but it looks like beta-pleated sheets. Not sure what you call that hairstyle in laymen's terms. XD But it looks ... pleated. And so with the big winter coat she has on and the white snow cap she has on, it gives her the appearance of a completely different person, like, 30 years old and not someone I'd even know anymore.

And then this quits mattering. XD Because I keep walking to the back of the store to place my order outdoors, and as I reach the back, a giant school bus (maybe 1.5x to 2x normal size) rolls in. I make a right turn when I should make a left turn and suddenly I find myself out of line: the line is now heading for the school bus's doors, not the mic, and I go from being first or second in line to being completely out of the line. I try to make my way back in but it's very awkward, people giving me "NO CUTTING! " stares and such and shuffling close together so I can't squeeze in. All of a sudden, an arm forcefully reaches in and grabs me.I'm worried that it's someone with the staff and they're apprehending me for trying to cut in line, even though I wasn't, I was just trying to get back into like 6th or 7th place after having been 1st or 2nd in line. Well, it is a staff member. The manager of the McDonald's. But instead of being angry with me and kicking me out, he says "I saw what happened" and he drags me through the rigid crowd and to the very front of the line. I can't be first, since the woman who was in first has already climbed into the school bus to place her order, but I'm second, right at the foot of the steps. I can go in once she's done. And so, as she finishes her order, up the steps I go ...

You know the mic stand thing you place your order at? That has the red lights that show what you order? Okay. This sign is right where the driver's window bay would be on a school bus. (Not the front windshield, but the driver's window bay to the left of their wheel.) The school bus driver's chair is there, right in front of it, but no one's sitting in it right now. And the rest of the school bus is just like a real school bus, with rows of brown-leather seats stretching back. The only difference in the dream is one which will come up later with the placement of the emergency door. So anyway, I place my order, and after a little bit, my order comes out from a hatch beneath the ordering station. Think of it like those things at a drive-thru bank which give you the big plastic canisters into which you place cheques and stuff. So anyway, I get my drink and my food, and I make to exit. I walk down the center aisle of the bus and upon reaching the back of the bus, I come upon the exit. Instead of being at the very back of the bus like in a real school bus, for some reason this exit door is stationed on the right-hand side corner (so, to my left as I'm facing the back of the bus). It has some stairs to help me down, kind of like a small airplane has when you reach a terminal, and I walk down the stairs to exit the bus, seeing the long line to my left of people waiting to go into the bus to place their orders.

The End.

May not be the best dream ever, but it was pretty weird, and the part with Evel Dick felt very real as I was dreaming it. The McDonald's one, not so much. I think even within that dream I was pretty aware that this was bizarre-o-dream-world or something. *shrug*

Last edited by Talon87; 09-18-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #58
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Last night I dreamt I found a real horse and kept it for a pet.

Yay ponies lololol~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #59
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I had a dream.........

Well, I do not know what started this dream, whether it was video games or what, but I dreamed that in my town, someone had opened up a chocobo farm.

Well, I went there and really, really wanted a black chocobo. But, when I got there, every single one had been taken already. And then, I forget the rest.

Yay chocobos!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #60
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've been having a recurring dream over the year, though I notice elements in it from my work. That is, individuals who are NPCs in the story are some of my co-workers, or people I've seen on television. Some of the ideas seem right out of YU-NO, Ever17 and, on top of Muv-Luv Alternative Faraway Dawn. It plays like a game, of sorts, and I had it when I slept in the family room (as opposed to my normal room). I think the last time I had it, I was in a hotel.

The plot I don't quite get, but I can jump forward and backward in time across several locations. It seems to take place in a snowy mountain region, hounded by strange yeti-zombie creatures. I shoot at these creatures and turn into a mountain goat to knock them off the mountain, although this is really only during "travel" sections.

The story is divided into four main acts like in Diablo II, but as said I can freely transition between the two. My life apparently exists in the form of a book hidden in a library, similar to the Death Note, but opposite. I think I'm immortal as long as it exists.

I beat the first act the first time I had the dream, so I didn't revisit it much, but I think it involved escaping a city, a la Half-Life 2. The second act takes place in a wooden mansion in the mountains, which functions like a Sear's Department store and is staffed by the people I know from work. Among them, they're divided into two hostile groups a la Team Magma and Team Aqua (wearing skin-tight motorcycle/bob-sled suits?) coloured purple and red. Apparently, everyone in the building who is an NPC is apparently a hostile. The area seems inspired by a library, though it's clearly wood and in the mountains. I tried to tell a portly woman about the game's non-linear nature, or that I can transition through time. Apparently, individuals in the story like in a Pretty Cure title can't notice distortions in time-space, they're forced by time-space to ignore it or something. The term in YU-NO was Chaos Correction. In this case, I know the woman from my work IRL, so I'm friends with her, and there were two doors to her office. Whenever I stepped out one door, I think I traveled 8 hours into the future, as the doors on the adjacent side were locked from the inside, but I could still return to eight hours in the past when I went back through the doors I just exited (unless I closed them). So I had this woman go outside, then close the door on her, so she ended up eight hours in the future, and opened the opposite door from the inside. I pointed out a music chance between saves, and that convinced her. Unfortunately, I promptly noticed that the music when I loaded the saves changed, and spoke to her, and she said she said I made a mistake by talking about a "plan" and revealed herself to be part of the purple team allegiance. At this point, I realized everyone in the mansion, except perhaps the "students" must part of these agencies. It sucked because she was my friend and turned into an enemy.

The overall objective of the story was to track and kill this vampire. The vampire exists in several forms and supposedly flees between the acts, and is also the final boss. However, the final boss apparently doesn't activate until an act has been officially completed, and the boss is allegedly unbeatable once it's activated, so I killed the final boss in Act IV before completing Act II, then stole back some of my journal before the vampire in Act III ripped out all of its pages (killing the boss in Act IV sets a predetermined future, which the soon-to-be-final boss reacts to in Act III if you haven't killed him in Act II, and he goes for my Life Note). The vampire had five skeletons on the first floor of the library/furniture store area and one on the second floor in Act II. I had a hard time making my way to the second floor in a previous dream but managed it easily this time.

The snow/library seems to come from the expansion pack to Icewind Dale.

The hostiles of the two teams also lead me to a small room where there was this fat old guy, who was revealed to be the vampire. He didn't talk much, although we had a conversation and I befriended him! (again, this guy is an aspect of the final boss). The guy clearly feels bad about being a vampire of sorts, and is apparently sustained in this room by turning the ceiling fan into a phylactery. Since everyone touches the ceiling fan to light the room, he saps life energy during that point and is given form. I think after I eliminate the main spirit of the vampire this homely fellow is all that's going to be left.

So right now, I've beaten the main story as it pertains to me. I don't know how the game ends yet.

There was some sub-plot involving a pistachio tree and birds, but I forgot it. It was a scary bit. As I said there were some transforming into animals bits, and during the "travel" sections there was an obstacle of traveling on an icy mountain path without careening off a cliff, while battling the yeti-zombie things.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 10-15-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #61
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had another bizarre dream last night, I think it drew on components from reading about the upcoming movie The Dictator and watching Lodoss War.

In the dream, I was part of an army that was occupying an evacuated town called "Marmo". In Lodoss, Marmo is the island of bad folk, they're all dark and evil. Well, this town was kind of like that...it had franchise stores and everything, but wherever there was red, it would instead be spray-painted black, and the

The idea reminded me of attitudes in Cuba or Soviet Russia, where they might want American conveniences but don't care for American culture...so they make knock-offs. In this case, it was the EXACT FRANCHISES with some evil/dark bents. Like there was a "dark" Chinese Restaurant that offered Coffin Clams.

Weird stuff.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #62
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Dreams

Dopple here I am taking the dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I had the worst dream of my life last night. I've had nightmares, but this one was beyond terrible.

It involved zombies and I was back at home in a Ravenholm-style universe. At one point I slid down a clothes-line and landed on my long-dead cherry tree (it's been up-rooted for at least 10 years).

My Dad had accompanied me here to Wonderland but left, yet he was there in the dream in the same clothes as when I waved him off. Always eager to help his kids, he enthusiastically assembled a sitting lawn-mower for me to use and started explaining how to use it.

I told him, "Daddy, I hate to tell you this, but this is a dream. Even if you explain to me how to use this...I'm going to disappear not long from now, so I can't accept this lawn-mower."

He was crest-fallen and gave me a look that made me feel like I swallowed a stone. I felt bad not because there were zombies but because I'd be leaving him all alone.

Then I said goodbye, hugged, told him I loved him and woke up.

Fuck, I didn't even cry when I woke up but I'm watering now. I'm so emotionally stunted I never cry, although I value it a lot - it reminds one that one is alive. And I'm glad my Dad is too.

Gosh darn. Will I ever sleep again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
See, this is interesting to me due to the fact that just a few nights ago, I had a very eerie dream in which I was in a sort of encampment that was divided between people who had contracted a virus and those who hadn't. The ones who had were like a box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels, trapped behind jagged and rusty spear like fencing, thrashing and gnawing. The others were from the outside looking in, waiting in a line to get a vaccination.

Someone got to close to the fence and was bitten, start mutating, and turned around and scratched me. I began to transform into a Werewolf like thing, sprouting large, hairy arms and claws, and mindlessly freaking out. My mind didn't control my body and I watched as I helplessly began throwing people out of the way and sprinting for the pit where the vaccine was being given. I jumped onto a ledge over the pit, where below was some kind of river of green, acid looking liquid, which was being used as the base for the vaccine. A worked frantically tried to pull a bucket up to use against me, but I lept over to him and swiped at him. A frantic "Help m-me!" left my mouth in a twisted, deeper, demonic voice. I jumped from the ledge and to the front gate of the pit, where an employee shot me in the arm with a gun that contained the cure. If anything I could say that this cure was rare. But I thought "Now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air".

I believe parallel universes may be crossing between planes as we sleep. This could be an existential crisis bigger than any of us can comprehend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Hunter View Post
OK that's fucking weird

Because I had a zombie apocalypse dream like two nights ago.

I was talking to some people on an irc I frequent about the zombies - one person was even preparing to fight some off. Then I went out to a shop (the zombies weren't at my hometown yet) and saw a newspaper with a picture of one on the cover. Then a huge steel wall rose up around the border of the town to protect it from the zombies and crates of food were air-dropped in from then on. This continued until one day we got a crate full of guns, and people were taking them and arguing over them. I got a revolver and I saw someone shambling in the distance and, realising it was a zombie, I shot it, getting everyone to shut up and prepare. Then we all stood in a ring and fought off the zombies (who had gotten over the wall by just forming a pile and going over each other) as the dream ended.

I'm starting to think this is a bad omen, considering the amount of zombie dreams I've heard about recently.
I dreamed about chocolate cake that night so we're most likely going to either have nothing happen or be attacked by delicious chocolate cake zombies.

On a more general tangent, I have had numerous "prophetic" dreams during my short, short life. To the tune of false-remembering test questions (Got an A on that one ), acting out dream conversations, dreaming up the interface for a game that's not out yet with creepy accuracy, and false-remembering words people type or say...little things like that. Only a couple of times have I false-remembered something in time to make good use of it though, which makes me think that perhaps I am less "psychic" than "looney."
Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #63
phoopes
Double Dragon

I had a dream last night that I was trapped inside one of Yougi's Minecraft streams. Probably one of the weirdest dreams that I've ever had. I wasn't in control of my limbs at all, and my body felt really weird. And there was a booming British voice coming from overhead, as if it were the voice of God. Didn't realize until after I woke up that it was Yougi. Anyway, nothing really interesting happened, until the dream ended when I got blown up by a creeper.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
I once had a dream that I was trapped in the lowest level of a massive ship. Think Titanic-large, like a floating city, except not a modern ship design. It was just this huge wooden sailing ship. I don't know why I was there, except that I was in some kind of detainment, like a prisoner. Absolutely no idea of what I'd done, or who was holding me there, or where exactly this ship was, just... locked in a room at the bottom of a massive sailing ship.

I remember that my whole goal in the dream was, simply enough, to get out. I was crawling around for what felt like ages in this unlit, damp smelling, thoroughly unpleasant cargo hold or jail or whatever, and what got to me most was this weird sense of being completely isolated but not entirely alone.

I can't really describe it to my own satisfaction, it's like I knew there were other people (or things?) there, but I never once heard or saw them. I just kinda felt it. The scope of this place was Lovecraftian, and honestly brings back memories of reading scary stories about Stygian expanses of impossible architecture and ancient crumbling cities in unlit corners of the world, dating back to before man ever stumbled into the light of existence and...

Well, it was really damn creepy, is what I'm getting at.

But that's about where the dream cuts off for me. I wanna say that more happened, but that's all I remember about it- crawling around in the dark on this implausibly large prison ship.

I still enjoy the ocean and boats, however.
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #65
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Had a dream in which one of my childhood friends and I were taking this one math class together. We were in high school, but the buildings and campus were Purdue (where we both went to university). We had three problem sets due Monday, it was Sunday, and neither of us had started yet. He had an okay handle on the material but it was pretty filled with holes; I had absolutely no grasp of the material, having not studied or gone to class in weeks. We head over to the teacher's office to ask her if she can help us figure out how to solve these problems. And she says ...

... that she will teach us the math, but only after the exam covering this material. Not the problem sets' due date. The exam. So we're like, um, don't you think that's not very good? And she's like, well that's just my policy. I don't hand out the answers until after the exam. We're like, we're not asking you to tell us the answers, lady: we're asking you to teach us how to do these problems. But she's like, nope, you'll have to figure that out on your own. I can help teach you after the exam if you're still not able to solve them, she says.

So we leave. I'm the one who led the exit and was more visibly upset on the outside, but I was pretty mild compared with my friend. He was superficially docile while we were in her office, but on the way out and between the buildings on campus as we headed back to his place, he was cursing, calling her a dumb bitch, etc. He was pissed. I was pretty glum myself. Was not looking good for me with these problem sets or the upcoming exam.

That's about it. Nothing too terribly amusing. Just a story about a teacher who refuses to tutor students on material until after they've been tested on it after which point she'll happily tutor them.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #66
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That seems more like an authentic anecdote than a dream. Where's the inter-stellar warfare? The tragedies of romance and relationships? Musings over mundane mysteries?

Incidentally, I looked at the two posts above I made last January, having forgotten the details of what I wrote. I don't recall "Alex Plummer's" face at all anymore. The weird part, though, was while I did recall the dreams after reading my comments, I could have sworn that those events actually happened. Especially the convenience store gun thing, just wow.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
That seems more like an authentic anecdote than a dream.
I have all sorts of dreams, but one category of dream I have pretty often is the dream that you literally cannot discern from reality until after you wake up. This dream was along those lines, although not quite since, iirc, I think I was vaguely aware that I was dreaming. No, the ones I'm talking about are the ones where you literally cannot tell that you are dreaming until you wake up, the ones that are so lifelike that even when you do wake up you question the reality around you. For instance, the dream was mega-real and in it it was Friday but today is Thursday, and you question whether you've lost track of time, whether you've been asleep for the past six days straight, etc. Or as another example, in the dream somebody you know quits their job / is fired / retires, and then when you wake up you honestly believe that that actually happened for a good ~6-12 hours of your day before it suddenly hits you that, no, that was just a dream.

It's the sort of stuff that can make for a boring post here but makes for excellent science fiction horror "The Matrix" / "This is all a dream" / "I am living two different lives and I switch between them when one of the bodies goes to sleep in its world and later wakes up in its world" fodder.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #68
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm far too much of a "chuunibro" to get realistic dreams like that (everything is un-forgivingly fantastical), but I'd like to try one one of these days for the heck of it. I think the worst event happened last Sunday. I sleep at irregular hours and went to bed in the early morning of Sunday, and awoke sometime around 11:00 AM. I was horrified, thinking I'd slept through my Monday morning classes, all of which have mandatory attendance and missing one for an unexcused reason is pretty much failing. I completely freaked the fudge out, and rushed to get dressed, but reasoned why I'd sleep through a Monday when I'd never done it before. I concluded that since I normally sleep in on holidays or weekdays, there must have been a reason why, since there was no special reason for it. I checked my computer clock for no greater purpose than more info and realized it was Sunday. I knew it was Sunday before I went to bed, but I guess because that was the last thing I thought of before sleep, I'd completely forgotten it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #69
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I've done that before too Dopple, mostly before exams though.

Lately I have been having dreams about car crashes, presumably because my car's brakes are extremely dangerous right now. It's unnerving.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #70
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
My dream from two nights ago.

I was a young boy running through a village in the middle of the night. People were spitting globs of acid(Looked like little fuzzy grey clouds) onto each other and infecting them with some sort of plague and there were buildings on fire all around me. I was running with a family, not my family just a generic father, mother and sister. I remember people screaming about a monster in the ocean. The dad got hit by the acid and got the mom in turn. I lost the sister in the crowd and I just kept running. I ran into a field of dead crops that looked kind of like corn except not more like a giant type of rye grass. I kept running until I found a chopper, which I figured would take me to safety. I remember hanging tightly on a bar as the chopper lifted off the ground and flew out over the ocean to where there monster was. It looked like Godzilla that was deformed and glowing green and I remember the chopper was tipping as it turned to move around it and I was holding so tight to the bar that when I woke up I had pulled the bed sheet off the mattress.
Trepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #71
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had one earlier today, which caused me to miss an online chat session (guh). There weren't any lead-ins to it, but it was basically a dream about this old house thing, and I could fly (I often am able to do this in dreams because it's my preferred power, although it's more like levitation). As I floated up above the house's upper stories, the roof had grass/soil and graves, and there were large decaying/mummified/decomposed bodies scattered among the broken tombstones. They didn't look like old bones, they looked like decrepit rotting corpses even though the house was old. I kept levitating up and found my way to a tower-like structure with a balcony, and there was a person sitting on it (a live person) like a sentinel. I asked that person about the graves on the roof, but didn't get a response.

Creepy dream was creepy.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #72
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

As I mentioned in the FB TO, I've been sleep-deprived all week, so the "nap" I took in the afternoon on Friday ended up lasting 14 hours.

During that time, I had a dream that I was in this white building with no furniture and no windows; just doors that lead from one room to another, and the occasional staircase to another floor of bare, white rooms, and maybe a blood spatter or two. Occasionally, I would see a static-laden TV set on the ground, or a painting on a wall. The people that lived there were terrified of something that lived in the walls; they were always on edge, and talking to them was difficult because of the massive amounts of anxiety they were constantly under. Occasionally, I would be talking to someone in this building (I do not remember what the conversations were about, though I do remember generally that I was asking them about the building and about if they had a room open for me to live in for some reason), and suddenly the walls would move. Like, the wallpaper would pulse and shiver like something was crawling under it. Then, this mass of tiny ant-looking things would burst out of a crack in the wall or a corner and start crawling up a person's legs, biting into their clothes and then their flesh, to get at their blood. They would crawl over the person's face and bite into their earlobes and eyeballs and it was really quite the sight. Hard to describe unless you were there, I guess. Eventually, the person would be bleeding so profusely and would be so horribly bitten that they would usually keel over, but since the creatures only drank the blood of the living, they would stop feasting the moment a person died.

I ended up realizing that the blood these creatures required was actually not that much in total, so if you actually cut yourself open and offered them the cut, they would feast from that instead of the messy, potentially deadly process of them creating the openings for you. My discovery saved the lives of the people living in the building and they started carrying knives around and stuff for the purpose of cutting themselves if the swarm came, but rather than thank me, they told me I couldn't live there anymore and nicely, but firmly kicked me out.

I'm sure there's some kind of meaning to all that... but I can't think of it, other than that I have a very messed-up subconscious.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 02-16-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #73
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Disclaimer: explained in the context of Hunter x Hunter, so if you don't watch that show, then you won't get a lot of what is said here.

I had a very peculiar dream that in its climactic closing scene morphed into a Hunter x Hunter dream. My dad was driving us home down a familiar road when he suddenly took a left onto a newly-opened ramp. This ramp spiraled up and up, leading I knew not where, and had frequent "speed bumps" a good meter high at their apex and ten to fifteen meters long. I asked Dad why the engineers had designed the road this way and he explained its purpose. Then, to demonstrate, as we were following this one guy my dad swerved our car into oncoming stalagmites. It seemed like they were going to shred the undercarriage of the car or possibly flip us over, but with a loud thud we slid off them back onto the road and right behind the guy in front of us.

Part 2. We both crashed our respective cars into a dead end, so the other driver, Dad, and I are now on foot trying to figure out how to get out of here. "Here" appears to be some unfinished tower or skyscraper, with a lot of red steel I-beams and stuff. We're navigating this half-built structure and it's sort of like a maze. Around this point, the dream starts to morph in feeling towards a Kaiji-esque or HxH-esque experience. Apparently it's a contest / test; we have to get out of here on our own, no one's gonna help us (at least not any time soon), we'll have to put our lives on the line to escape, and the goal is to find the man who orchestrated this situation (I forget what he looked like but think of him like Wing-sensei, I guess). We come to a portion of the "maze" where there are a bunch of bricks (not cemented) that have been used to fill in / block this one opening under some crossbeams, about 4 feet tall, and my dad and the other driver are on their hands and knees trying to grab as many bricks as they can and slide them into the area I'm standing in behind them, thus clearing a path bit by bit. To the right (within the enclave), there is a small slit allowing you to see past it; and my dad and the other motorist believe that whatever lies over there is our next destination. They ask me to help -- I've just been standing there while these two older men have been busting their backs trying to move the bricks bit by bit and to clear us a path -- so I abashedly trade places with them and get to work on the bricks. I make better progress than they do, leading the other driver to approve-apologize, and pretty soon I've almost made an opening to the other side. As I tell them what I see beyond, this is where the dream morphs.

Part 3. I report that I see a tall crane (the thin, incredibly tall kind that are used to help build skyscrapers; however, this one is more like a thin tower and is affixed directly to the structure we're on). The crane reaches up a good 30 or 40 meters, and then hanging from it is a metal-and-plastic extendable ladder. The ladder, in its unextended state, is already long enough that it reaches 5 to 10 meters below the elevation I'm crawling at currently; it looks like if you were to extend it you might get some more height out of it.

I report all of this ... to Killua, Gon, and Bisky. (They are there with me. Madhouse animated forms, yet 100% seamlessly blended with the real world feel of the dream so far; or perhaps the dream rendered the world cartoon-like like them, I really can't remember; I just know that they were anime-ey but it felt 100% normal.) The gang gets excited. It sounds like we've found our escape. But I realize there is a problem, and I pose a question to Killua to see if he can figure it out too. He does: while the ladder is extendable, it doesn't look like it'll give much more than twenty feet of extra length. Unfortunately, it looks like we're several hundred feet off the ground. The ladders thus can't be our direct ticket out of here; however, they are very probably meant to be used by us to get to the next area. Ladders? Yes, that's right: the crane-ladder we're trying to reach to our right has an analogue directly behind us, though all we can see of it is its ladder dangling from the sky. (So the crane must be a good 20 to 30 feet higher than the crane we are trying to reach.) While I continue to explain that we'll need to clear the bricks out of the way to reach the crane ... Killua somehow transports himself to the ladder, from which he now hangs; likewise, Gon has somehow gotten himself to the ladder that was behind us. The boys report what they see, and the group agrees that the crane-ladders are probably meant to be used to get from where we are to the next portion of the "maze". But again, while I am explaining stuff, Killua acts without waiting for me to finish, and before Bisky and I know it, he and Gon are both gone. Bisky explains / thinks aloud that Killua and Gon must have swung themselves up to higher elevations, using the ladders as lever-arms. Furious to have been left behind, Bisky makes cartoon angry faces ... while the Greed Island ending credits music begins to play, I shit you not, and the HxH narrator says some closing words like usual. Then, as though a sneak peek (wth ^^; ), we get to see a bit of what will happen "next time." We see Bisky and I have made it to higher levels too but we've been intercepted by a black knight who wants us to defeat him in a children's card game before he'll allow us to pass.

Maybe not much of a HxH tie-in for you, but for me, it was pretty big. It was (what felt like) the last 10-20 minutes of my dream and it felt very, very real and like "Talon joins the Greed Island trio!" And no, I couldn't do shit to save my life. They could do acrobatics (like they must've to reach the ladders and to move on to the next area) and use nen and stuff, but I was just my regular self, total dead weight for the team other than I guess my insight / brain. Poor Bisky, being left eating dust by Killua and Gon and stuck with me. ^^;
Old 03-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #74
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Talon's dream reminded me that a few nights I've had dreams that feel way more "realistic" than reality, although it's tough to explain it. A while back I had a dream with an articulated logic that fits my own fully awake standards for fiction. Like, I was coming up with snappy conversation come-backs and the ones I invented during REM sleep sounded really good, but I didn't write them down.

I had a vivid one last night, but it's inappropriate. I don't think I'll ever share it with anyone ever.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #75
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
I had a vivid one last night, but it's inappropriate. I don't think I'll ever share it with anyone ever.
I've had a few of those. They are never, ever good. They seem to either a) involve me sleeping with someone I find physically repulsive and me waking up with involuntary shudders and a disgusted face, or b) involve me sleeping with someone I find physically attractive, and then I feel confused and guilty because I feel like I've cheated even though I had no control over my dream content.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc