UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #251
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
CrazyCreeperKid- You had a couple of issues. ESP was exhausted and you could barely see anything. Taking a moment to think, you come up with a brilliant makeshift light source. You pull a Wave Incense from your bag and instruct ESP to ignite the incense with a Fire Punch. The Psychic type cloaks a clenched fist in flame and gently waves it over the incense, which lets out a little hiss as the gas ignites. The dull glow doesn't illuminate much, but it at least lets you see anything within a 6 foot radius. You withdraw the exhausted Alakazam into his Pokeball, he deserved a rest.

Now that you had a light source, you decide to continue down the path ahead of you. The path slowly gets steeper and you find yourself descending deeper and deeper into the pit. As you walk, the growling you heard earlier begins to get louder, you're clearly getting closer to its source. Eventually the path levels out at you wave the incense around to get a better look at where you were. It appears to be a small cavern. From here you couldn't really spot anything interesting, but with the limited amount of light you had at your disposal, that wasn't exactly a surprise.

Pinky and Skull suddenly cry out with pain as the pair are struck by a pair of Dark Pulses! Something was definitely in here with you, and unlike you, it seemed to have no problem seeing! This was certainly an issue, how would you confront something that you can't see?



Heather- You find yourself in the path of a stampede, not exactly the best place to be. Thinking quickly, you release your Rowlet and Smeargle from their balls. Both Blathers and Murray sense the urgency of the situation and quickly follow the orders you give them. The young Rowlet whips its wings, generating a powerful Ominous Wind while Murray watches closely, studying the technique. Grasping his brush-like tail, he sketches the attack before using it himself, adding to the intensity of the Ominous Wind. The ghostly gale tears through the trees, carrying a wall of leaves and sticks with it. Surely that would help to stem the stampede?

The hoof beats fail to falter however and your forced to hide behind a tree, with Blathers and Murray quickly taking cover beside you. The tree shields you as the herd of Sawsbuck gallop past, their Normal typing the reason behind the Ominous Wind's failure. The herd soon pass and you and your Pokemon step out from behind the shelter of the tree, only to find yourself confronted with a different threat. A Luxray stands in front of you, the first thing you notice about it is the black collar strapped around its neck, with red crystals glowing brightly. Before you know it, you're surrounded on all sides. You count at least four Luxio, all sporting similar collars to the Luxray and all sporting the same angry glare. Where had they come from? They clearly belonged to someone, wild Pokemon surely wouldn't be wearing collars like that. They didn't seem to be preparing to attack, but a simple order could change that.....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:43 AM   #252
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 418
TheKnightsFury;
A voice called to you, faint but still audible, ".ca..... U...... ar........ i......th....... "
Unfortunately you couldn't make out what the voice was saying. But considering you gave Lily the radio, chances were that it was her and not something else where ever it was you were currently at.

You stumbled around, and suddenly a blue flash illuminated you and your surroundings for a moment, and you noticed a Blastoise firing off moves in slow motion, standing over a body. Time seemed to move slow as you could walk up to what you assumed was your former wartortle and waved your hand in front of it. Hydro Cannon seemed to be what he was shooting from his cannons so curiously you reached out and touched the water.... Only for your hand to pass through it as if it wasn't there. You also crouched to look down at the body behind Blastoise to confirm that it was in fact you.

Strange.... But if you were in a world where you could still see whats going on where you and your pokemon were doing... Then perhaps you could do something to affect the material world....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back in the real world Blastoise blasted Pyroar with move after move, leaving Sceptile for Riolu.
With Pyroar practically dispatched of after Water pulse, aura sphere, And A Hydro Cannon, it stopped moving but clearly was alive.
Mister Dusk was clearly pissed and crushed the pyroar's pokeball... Realising it and clearly showing he doesn't care for things that can't do what he wants.

Moving forward he tossed a second of his three (technically two now ) pokeballs he revealed a Honchcrow who took off and circled near the roof of the cave.

Dusknior also wasn't done yet either, going straight for Lily, the said target noticed this action and involuntarily screamed out of fear.

If she were to suffer the fate of Xander and her mother then Blastoise and Riolu would have a much harder time, that and how could she possibly save Xander and her mother if she too was borderline dead.

No. She was going to her best right here and now to do her best to save her mother, free the Diancie and help shut down this illegal slavery mining stint. For all you knew the people you freed outside were dealing with he'll just as you were, possibly even captured but no... She had to focus on one issue at a time, and right now she had to trap this Dusknior and or keep it occupied.

But, there was only so much she could do to run and avoid it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the three of you were Stronger, you were all more confidant of your abilities and skills.
Frogaider struck from above landing a direct hit onto the rolling Chesnaught, and managed to strike at the neck, but was unable to break the collar, quickly jumping back he switched Grovyle in who hit Chesnaught with a stream of breath equal to that of the dragons, and after taunting this oppenent cheekily Monferno swung and jumped around before striking the knockout blow by showing off its acrobatic skill.

The hulking giant grass types eyes rolled back inside its head and he slumped forward, unconscious.
With a quick strike involving no particular move, the three of you removed the collar and turned to their ally Charizard to see if he needed assistance, for if not the three of you thought it best to rush back to Xanders aid.

You struck your severely dazed opponent with a Toxic, then followed up with a pulse that seemed to come from within your heart that made you akin to a Dragon.

Your opponent didn't have the energy nor motivation to move, and took your blows before slipping away into unconscious.

Now that you dispatched of this guard the four of you looked around and noticed that aside from the tents on fire and a few unconscious guards lying around you guys were alone.
Considering what you all felt you knew that at least a few of you would have to go back and help. Or .. Charizard could continue to lead the people to safety and lead them to the children and baby pokemon you had previously tucked away and the three of you could run back to aid Xander.


What will you do now?



Sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat;


You came to the Titans Butte hoping to climb up to the top, but you deemed it too hard to climb currently by yourself right now so pulling out your pokedex you decided to search the area for nearby flying types you could either capture or get to cooperate with you to get up to the top.

Unconsciously as you strolled through your dex you started walking along the length of the Butte, but you stopped when Gible chirped to get your attention as it pointed to a rock formation built into the Butte.

Looking closer at it...... You realised they were stairs.... No way! What luck.... Well actually now that you thought about it it was only logical that the Butte would have a way for Pokemon to get up it who didn't have wings or a way to climb up its craggy face.

This didn't mean you didnt want the flying type that you set to find, but at least now you didn't need to rely on one to carry you up to the top.

You and gible set about climbing the steps built into the cliff, and as you walked you noticed that these weren't human made but rather pokemon made.

Above you about a good ten feet or so a pokemon shivered in its nest on the cliff face.
He was hungry and mother never came back to feed him yet. He couldn't fly very much if at all yet to leave the nest to look for food... He started to cry as the hunger was getting to be too much to handle.

What will you do?


Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 11-30-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:30 AM   #253
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;
A voice called to you, faint but still audible, ".ca..... U...... ar........ i......th....... "
Unfortunately you couldn't make out what the voice was saying. But considering you gave Lily the radio, chances were that it was her and not something else where ever it was you were currently at.

You stumbled around, and suddenly a blue flash illuminated you and your surroundings for a moment, and you noticed a Blastoise firing off moves in slow motion, standing over a body. Time seemed to move slow as you could walk up to what you assumed was your former wartortle and waved your hand in front of it. Hydro Cannon seemed to be what he was shooting from his cannons so curiously you reached out and touched the water.... Only for your hand to pass through it as if it wasn't there. You also crouched to look down at the body behind Blastoise to confirm that it was in fact you.

Strange.... But if you were in a world where you could still see whats going on where you and your pokemon were doing... Then perhaps you could do something to affect the material world....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back in the real world Blastoise blasted Pyroar with move after move, leaving Sceptile for Riolu.
With Pyroar practically dispatched of after Water pulse, aura sphere, And A Hydro Cannon, it stopped moving but clearly was alive.
Mister Dusk was clearly pissed and crushed the pyroar's pokeball... Realising it and clearly showing he doesn't care for things that can't do what he wants.

Moving forward he tossed a second of his three (technically two now ) pokeballs he revealed a Honchcrow who took off and circled near the roof of the cave.

Dusknior also wasn't done yet either, going straight for Lily, the said target noticed this action and involuntarily screamed out of fear.

If she were to suffer the fate of Xander and her mother then Blastoise and Riolu would have a much harder time, that and how could she possibly save Xander and her mother if she too was borderline dead.

No. She was going to her best right here and now to do her best to save her mother, free the Diancie and help shut down this illegal slavery mining stint. For all you knew the people you freed outside were dealing with he'll just as you were, possibly even captured but no... She had to focus on one issue at a time, and right now she had to trap this Dusknior and or keep it occupied.

But, there was only so much she could do to run and avoid it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that the three of you were Stronger, you were all more confidant of your abilities and skills.
Frogaider struck from above landing a direct hit onto the rolling Chesnaught, and managed to strike at the neck, but was unable to break the collar, quickly jumping back he switched Grovyle in who hit Chesnaught with a stream of breath equal to that of the dragons, and after taunting this oppenent cheekily Monferno swung and jumped around before striking the knockout blow by showing off its acrobatic skill.

The hulking giant grass types eyes rolled back inside its head and he slumped forward, unconscious.
With a quick strike involving no particular move, the three of you removed the collar and turned to their ally Charizard to see if he needed assistance, for if not the three of you thought it best to rush back to Xanders aid.

You struck your severely dazed opponent with a Toxic, then followed up with a pulse that seemed to come from within your heart that made you akin to a Dragon.

Your opponent didn't have the energy nor motivation to move, and took your blows before slipping away into unconscious.

Now that you dispatched of this guard the four of you looked around and noticed that aside from the tents on fire and a few unconscious guards lying around you guys were alone.
Considering what you all felt you knew that at least a few of you would have to go back and help. Or .. Charizard could continue to lead the people to safety and lead them to the children and baby pokemon you had previously tucked away and the three of you could run back to aid Xander.


What will you do now?



Was that really his Blastoise? It had to be, that was his body, which meant Wartortle must have evolved when he 'died'. Xander could hear an interrupted message, it was most likely Lily trying to communicate with the radio. If the radio signal could get in, maybe he could impact the outside world as well? He makes his way towards where Lily's mother, Lucario and Diancie were. Perhaps there was a way for him to free the Diancie from within here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blastoise grinned as the man crushed Pyroar's pokeball, the Fire type was indeed worthless. The man had released another Pokemon, but Blastoise didn't pay it any attention for now. The Dusknoir going after Lily was more of a concern right now. If the girl fell to the Ghost like Xander did, all hope was lost. The Water Starter knew he couldn't directly attack the Dusknoir, or he would risk losing Xander for good, but maybe he could stop it indirectly....

He let out a deep Yawn, hoping to catch the ghoul by surprise and put him to sleep. While he hoped that would do the trick, he knew he still had two other Pokemon to compete with. He took aim with both cannons, but his aim was split at two different targets. He fired a twin Ice Beam, one at the Sceptile that Riolu was still dealing with and one at the Honchkrow flying above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had won their battle, but something inside them told them the fight was not over. Charizard had made the decision for them, he would lead the freed to safety, while they went to find Xander and Lily. They weren't sure what they would find when they went back into the mine, but they hoped for the best. They moved as swiftly as they could, Monferno blazing forward with a Flame Charge, Frogadier dashing with a Quick Attack and Grovyle streaking along with an Agility. They were going as fast as they could, but would it be fast enough?

__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #254
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Pokemon Trainer
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;[COLOR="olivedrab"]



Sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat;


You came to the Titans Butte hoping to climb up to the top, but you deemed it too hard to climb currently by yourself right now so pulling out your pokedex you decided to search the area for nearby flying types you could either capture or get to cooperate with you to get up to the top.

Unconsciously as you strolled through your dex you started walking along the length of the Butte, but you stopped when Gible chirped to get your attention as it pointed to a rock formation built into the Butte.

Looking closer at it...... You realised they were stairs.... No way! What luck.... Well actually now that you thought about it it was only logical that the Butte would have a way for Pokemon to get up it who didn't have wings or a way to climb up its craggy face.

This didn't mean you didnt want the flying type that you set to find, but at least now you didn't need to rely on one to carry you up to the top.

You and gible set about climbing the steps built into the cliff, and as you walked you noticed that these weren't human made but rather pokemon made.

Above you about a good ten feet or so a pokemon shivered in its nest on the cliff face.
He was hungry and mother never came back to feed him yet. He couldn't fly very much if at all yet to leave the nest to look for food... He started to cry as the hunger was getting to be too much to handle.

What will you do?

Dracen huffed as he marched up the roughly-hewn stairs. "Lucky these were here, eh, bud?" Gible babbled excitedly, proud that he was able to help. They trudged upwards together in silence for a while, before Dracen pulled out his Pokedex again. "Let's see now. What kind of Pokémon live around here? Mandibuzz… Gible… Hippowdon… Skarmory… wow, so many strong Pokémon! All kinds of different Ground- and Rock- and Steel- Types! Even some super-strong Dragon-Types show up!" Gible struggled up another step, chittering. The stairs were a little steep for him. "Oh, Gible! I'm sorry!" Dracen hoisted the little 'Mon into his arms, smiling. "There we go!" He started up the stairs again. "The professor told us that strong Pokémon come here to train and fight at the top, so soon enough you'll level up and become a Gabite! Then you could climb these stairs all by yourself!" Gible burbled nervously. "Don't worry buddy, you'll be fine. I know you're tough enough to take any of those Pokémon down!" Gible looked up at his Trainer hopefully. "Trust me, bud!" Gible gave the air a few test punches with his stubby arms. They made their way further up the stone-carved stairs, ready for whatever would await them at the top.

Last edited by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat; 12-06-2019 at 07:00 PM.
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #255
Stormingwolf
Boulder Badge
 
Stormingwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Stormingwolf;
The elf that sung you to sleep looked over at you unamused, you werent like other humans who started freaking out once something like that happened to them... Those who freaked out were more entertaining to elfin kind.
"Hmpf"

It set to follow you as you continued to walk through the Cosmic Clearing.

Why hadnt you panicked or shown the least bit of concern when your personal belongings were taken off your back? No funny little tantrums with human squeaking noises. No you just picked up your pokemon and continued forward into the unknown just blatantly thinking you'll come across your stuff again.

We'll this elf wasnt going to have it... So it decided that you were going to meet one of the grumps of this clearing.
Those spooky pokemon almost always caused humans to panic when they didnt have anyway to stop them or catch them. Surely that would give the show this elf was wanting.

So with a little bit of mist that slowly built up into Fog, you made your way unsuspectingly to where the elf wanted you to go.

Time seemed to crawl on, well.... Actually you had no sense or way of telling what time was now, not even the sun's shadows could help you determine how long you have been wandering the clearing since sleeping, your feet grew heavier and heavier with each step.

Not only that but you seemed to notice that you were being followed, by something, but you weren't sure as to what was following you nor how you would handle it.

CRAACCCCCKKKKKKLLLEEEEEEE
It sounded as if the tree's themselves were moving now, which could be possible as you had no idea what could be in here nor what the tree's would normally be like.....
What will you do?

Storm looked over at Rolu.
"...It feels like something is behind us."
He stopped suddenly and turned around, only seeing fog behind him.
"Though it will be impossible for me to find it without foolishly running into the fog."

Storm padded Rolu on his shoulder.
"Rolu, would you try to sense the aura of anything living near us?"
"All around us, things feel off..."

Rolu closed his eyes and started to feel the aura of his surroundings.
First he felt Storm, then the Swinub on Storm's shoulder, their aura both bright.
Then, he checked the fog behind them...
The fog itself seemed to radiate a faint aura, masking anything or anyone who may hide within.

Defeated, Rolu shook his head and sighed.
"I see...Thank you, Rolu."
Storm comforted Rolu before gently holding his paw and walking on.

Swinub just sleepily sat on Storm's shoulder.

"Would this be a world of dreams?"
"If so, then..."
"Open Sesame!"

Nothing happened.

"...Of course."
Rolu chuckled a little.





Stormingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #256
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Stressful as things were, the charging Primeape was still a danger as it rushed for Samantha, and you quickly convey evasive action to the Snubbull. With a bark, the canine waits patiently and watches the pig monkey carefully as it swings, before feinting beneath the incoming leg and lashing out with her own attack on the open leg, kicking the fighting type in the ankle as it shrieks and tumbles over onto its face. With it downed, she then begins to stomp around, seeking to keep it grounded with a bulldoze move, and while it takes some time for the Primeape to find its feet, it does so, and at this point is considerably battered and still just as angry as before. So angry in fact it starts throwing a major tantrum and starts bounding around, stomping with magnified fury at the Snubbull who tries her best to stay stable, until the ape leaps and lands on top of her heavily, knocking her to the ground.

Groaning, Samantha gets up off the ground as the two other Primeape are sent hurtling into the bushes by the Sceptile, while yours cracks its knuckles, daring the canine pokemon to try that again. Your final command issued, she howls at the Primeape and rushes forth, no longer playing around, while the monkey does the same, taken in a frenzy with a power trip. Both attacking pokemon meet in a rough and tumble brawl, going all out at each other in close combat and for a few moments you begin to worry if the pair are trying to kill each other. Eventually the fighting breaks off, Samantha weary and bruised while the Primeape stands, huffing and puffing...before toppling backwards, seething in exhaustion. The other two Primeape crawl out of the bush and snort indignantly before grabbing their protesting porcine pummeler and beating the hell out of dodge.

Samantha gained 3 levels!
Axel gained 1 level!


As you catch your breath and begin to collect yourself and Samantha, the Zl'anaians call to you, and though communications aren't the best you somehow manage to glean that the group is mostly fine, the guy who got clotheslined early on reeling but otherwise not seriously injured. The Sceptile points further onwards, and the group waits for you before you proceed onwards towards their neighbours.

A short while later your team finds themselves outside some wooden gates, and one of the men gives a small toot of a horn, as if to signal arrival. A few seconds pass before a head pops up over the wall and the pair begin to chatter, before the head dips back beneath the gate, which opens slowly. As your group begins to head in, the gatekeeper swiftly brings up an arm barring your passage, and looks at you with some expected suspicion. Perhaps it might be an idea to curry some favour with these strangers?
The way that the wild Primeape stomped on her poor, baby, puppy of a girl was horrifying. And yet, through the tantrums and the roughhousing and close combat of it all, Samantha managed to come out on top. Her pink and blue fur was marred with scars and missing spots, and the skin beneath was going to be blooming with ugly bruises in no time at all. However, the grumpy healer was holding herself well in spite of the difficult battle, and she gave the retreating Pokemon a mean snort and huff as they fled.

"Oh, you poor thing!" Alice cooed, running to move and scoop up her beloved Snubbull. The fairy flinches, tugging at the woman's heartstrings, and doesn't look completely pleased. It was embarrassment to be surrounded by such a crowd and doted upon, although in reality, Samantha appreciated the attention. She grumbled sulkily through a cover of kisses and audible fuss before her trainer put her away, Axel also returning to his ball for a rest, and Alice carried on walking with the pack. The journey wasn't as long as she anticipated, which was just as well. It would mean less time for more Pokemon to be unleashed upon them.

However, in a twist that made her stomach turn, the gate guards of their destination didn't seem too eager to let her in. Great. Of course not. Alice blinked confusedly, unsure of what to do, but perhaps she could try to bribe her way in? "I'm here to help," She said, knowing that her words might be lost on them, but perhaps body language and tone understood. Alice wanted to at least get her good intentions across. "And I brought these. A rare shard, and ice that won't ever melt." Alice continued, producing an Aqua Shard and Nevermeltice from her bag for them to take. She figured that her more modern and synthetic items would only cause upset, after all.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.