UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #51
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I'm not sure how you feel about trading during this playthrough, but I do have a Timid female Ralts (at level 1 with no egg moves) if you're looking for one. Of course, considering it's a traded Pokemon, the XP gain on her will be ridiculous... but, if you don't mind that, I certainly don't mind parting with her.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #52
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Talon, Ralts gave me a lot of trouble too. But I found one eventually. Just keep at it.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #53
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I don't do trades or imports during the story. But thanks for the offer.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #54
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Gardevoir is literally the most gorgeous thing in this game. I have never once regretted spending a half an hour to find and train a female Ralts up to my team's level and she is my main go-to for most every battle.

Spoiler don't read Talon:
Spoiler: show
Psychic/Fairy is a wonderful combination. The villains are easier to beat.

Last edited by Jerichi; 12-06-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: C'mon, Shuckle, at least be aware of where you're posting.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thanks, Jeri, for helping me to avoid being spoiled. Since we're not all apparently on the same page, I'll go ahead and clarify:
  • I'm not using any spoiler tags in this thread myself because I've warned people, from the outset, to please read this thread only if they've already completed the game themselves; otherwise, read at your own risk.
  • Likewise, I encourage others to not use any spoiler tags of any kind in this thread. But what does that mean?
    • When talking about stuff Talon has already talked about: feel free to discuss it without any spoiler tags.
    • When talking about stuff Talon has not already talked about: Don't. I don't want to see it hidden in a spoiler tag, and I certainly don't want to see it in broad daylight. If I haven't talked about it yet, that means it's the opposite of fair game for you to talk about. Please. :\ "Don't be a dick" rule, remember?
For example, I don't want to know if something has a Mega Evolution or not, a type change or not, or names of Gen 6 Pokémon not yet seen. I don't want to be told how near or far I am from my next objective.

Obviously I won't be clicking on your spoiler box ... but really, it shouldn't even be here. ^^; If it has to go in a spoiler box, then it shouldn't be posted in this thread period. I know I've used a spoiler box twice so far, but both times that had to do with comedy, not with trying to hide an actual spoiler. (The one being Fennekin's evolution's form hidden away for comedic dramatic effect, the other being a comic I wanted to share but which looked ugly when thumbnailed and which was much too large to share normally at full size.)

Anyway, no harm (thanks to Super Jeri!), no foul. Just be more careful.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #56
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Don't read my last post in the Inevitable Playthrough thread then. =\
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #57
Emp
Volcano Badge

He doesn't read that thread. The first post is quite straightforward

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #58
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
Don't read my last post in the Inevitable Playthrough thread then. =\
I don't read the Inevitable Playthrough thread. Remember what I said in the very first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
If it's desired by the community or staff, please feel encouraged to merge this thread with our community's official X&Y playthrough thread. But please wait until after I beat the game, if you can. The reason I'm posting outside of the thread for now is that, unlike with BW2 (which I completed one year late) where I posted my playthrough in the community thread because most UPNers were done talking about BW2 plus, aside from the story, nothing could spoil me, here we still have daily posts by members in the official playthrough thread and loads of chances to be spoiled. The way I see it, my options are either be spoiled by posting there, don't write my thoughts until I complete the game, or log my thoughts in a separate thread. I've opted for the third choice. The second is what I'll go for if the thread is ninja merged before I complete the game. ("Completion" refers to narrative-driven bits pre- and post-E4. For example, Gen 4's Stark Mountain would need to be dealt with before we could call Diamond or Pearl "completed".)
I'd sooner not post status updates on UPN period than be forced to post my updates in that thread and be spoiled to high heaven by you guys. Likewise, I'd rather not post updates period than try to force my needs upon you guys and demand you start spoiler tagging everything in there. Creating this thread was an obvious compromise: you guys get to keep using the official X&Y playthrough thread to talk about 100% of the game's content and I get to discover things for myself rather than through your guys' posts. It's a win/win.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #59
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Well alright then. I do enjoy reading your playthrough Talon.

Oh, and in regards to my starter gaining extra XP, I held off evolving my starter to his next stage for a level, but I didn't evolve wait for his final stage. He still gets extra XP.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #60
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Proper status update in a few hours, but first I'll ask this question so I can get feedback sooner:

When To Let Fennekin Evolve? Take 2: So, I'm still

So, I was just shocked to discover that my Fennekin hit Level 31, alerted to this fact by her request to learn ... Psyshock. :o I've all but concluded now that she's going to become Fire/Psychic and will be sorely disappointed if she does not. (GAME FREAK, PLEASE! MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE! ;_; ) However, here's the thing: I have no idea when she evolves. Is it Level 36, as is typical with starters? Is it Level 55, going along with some of the higher levels required for evolution we saw Game Freak beginning to adopt with Gen 5? Is it higher? Is it lower? I have no clue. Furthermore, while Balmund was kind enough to answer my original question of whether I'd be safe until Level 30 or not ... I've just gone past it to Level 31, it seems. So, I have two questions.

First, do I need to reset to my last save file (circa Level 29) if I want to get a move exclusive to Fennekin's evolutions?

Second -- wording this one as ambiguously as possible -- do I need to let Fennekin evolve at some time in the next 10 levels if I want to avoid missing out on a move exclusive to her evolutions? (Either one or both.) For example, if Braixen learns a move Fennekin does not and has to be at Level 37 to learn it. Or if the final form learns a move at Level 40 that no one else learns. Anything between Levels 30 (for Braixen) / ??? (the final form's evolution level for the final form) and Level 41.

If the answer to the first question is "Yes," then I'll reset. If "No," I'll play on.

If the answer to the second question is "Yes," then I'll glumly let Fennekin evolve now. Don't want to miss the evolution's move; would also like to spend at least some time with Braixen if that move ends up being exclusive to the evolution. (Will ask about that once I get there.)

I can't believe I'm at Level 31 with my starter and I still haven't found the second gym. -_-; This is insane.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #61
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
To really answer all the questions, only its second-stage evolution has an exclusive move, and its not terribly good so you can skip right over it without worry.

Not saying what it is, but its after level 30 and its not very good.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #62
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hey, blaze, it's pretty good ingame.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #63
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
1) No.

2) [final stage] learns a unique move at Lv.36, which is when it evolves (inb4 you didn't want to know that). However, as with the other starters, it will learn it again at Lv.75 if you really want it. Aside from that, the only moves the final form gets are either learned at Lv.--, or at Lv.69. Braixen has an identical level-up learnset to Fennekin.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #64
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Didn't really want to know the exact level, no. ^^; That's why I phrased it as a window of time, guys.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #65
Emi

Yeah, the only other move you miss out on is at Lv 69 and its Future Sight...no one cares about Future Sight so I left it out. Its final form does get a couple Lv. -- moves but its likely you won't need them.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #66
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Seriously, what the fuck. I just said I don't want to know specific levels with moves to Dave and you give me both a move name and its level? What's wrong with you!? ^^;;

Forget I ever asked if you guys can't follow simple directions. I'll just evolve her immediately. Better than people giving everything away.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #67
Emi

Yes, flip the fuck out about a move I know you don't care about and is 30 levels away. And wasn't even in your fucking instructions.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #68
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Yeah no Blaze you're being an ass please can it.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #69
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Without being specific about it, but clarifying the whole thing about Fennekin's line of evolution's level-up moves, there are no moves Fennekin's first and second stage can get that aren't available in its final stage. All of its moves can either be learned by level up, or easily taught back through Move Relearner. As Dave already spoiled for ya, it does have a signature move you may miss out on acquiring early on if you don't evolve right away, but the game is nice enough to allow you to relearn it via level up in case you decided to evolve it later, and of course, there's always the Move Relearner in case you're impatient.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #70
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Without being specific about it, but clarifying the whole thing about Fennekin's line of evolution's level-up moves, there are no moves Fennekin's first and second stage can get that aren't available in its final stage. All of its moves can either be learned by level up, or easily taught back through Move Relearner. As Dave already spoiled for ya, it does have a signature move you may miss out on acquiring early on if you don't evolve right away, but the game is nice enough to allow you to relearn it via level up in case you decided to evolve it later, and of course, there's always the Move Relearner in case you're impatient.
If the Move Relearner is early access and easy access both, then I will probably go with that route. That stated, even though I mega super duper adore Fennekin ... Level 31 is kind of pushing it. ^^; There's no telling how close or how far I am from Gym 2 (and of course I don't wish to be told) so I'm not sure my original plan of "Badges 1 & 2: Fennekin, Badges 3, 4, & 5: Braixen, Badges 7 & 8: {final form}" is going to work. As it is, if I wish to spend (say) 15 to 20 levels with Braixen as a Braixen, then the soonest I'll be ready to greet the final form is around Level 50.

I trust Blaze's judgment that the move isn't something I would care for competitively, which probably means that it's either a Doubles move or else some lesser status/effect move (like a Follow Me or a Lucky Chant or something). If it's none of these things, though, and is instead ... what would be a good comparison ... let's talk Blaziken's Blaze Kick. Blaze Kick is like Blaziken's signature move. Competitively it isn't -- competitively it's Flare Blitz or go home -- but Blaze Kick is what I'll forever associate with that line because he learned it on evolving and it just so, so fit the species. If it's a move like that, then I'd want to have it, even if it's not "the best" move to have. I might end up replacing it later, particularly if it's weak (80 power or less), but for the time being I would want it.

Anyway, don't worry about it. I'll scout the move at Level 36. If it ends up looking amazing, then I have to choose between little time spent with Braixen or missing out on a flavorful move. If it ends up looking like Lucky Chant , then the decision will be very easy to keep Braixen as a Braixen and keep on playing.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #71
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, it's the line's signature move, like Blaze Kick.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #72
Talon87
時の彼方へ

For at least the next 24 hours, I'd like to ask that nobody answers one single unasked question in this thread. I think people have gotten the wrong idea from the situation with bbb and the colored lenses and think it's open season to try and be helpful friendly neighbors answering all my unasked questions pertaining to my voiced concerns. If I don't ask the question, don't provide the answer to it.

I know this request of mine may sound assholish and put some people off the thread for good. But frankly, that's not my problem. My problem is having to put up with these spoilers in my own thread. I don't ask people to be mind readers. If my instructions, if my desires, are really that incomprehensible to you guys ... if you're confused by what I'm willing to solicit and what I flip out at when you spoil me on it ... then I'll shut down the thread. For the best. I avoid further spoilers, you guys avoid feeling like crap when all you were trying to do was be friendly and helpful. It was my hope to offer a real-time playthrough thread where people would be respectful and understanding. I know the respect is there, but with three people in a row messing up, it feels like the comprehension isn't.

For future reference, and I really can't make it any clearer than this:
  • If I muse about a possible typing, that is not your invitation to confirm or deny the typing.
  • If I muse about a possible move identity, that is not your invitation to confirm or deny the move identity.
  • If I muse about anything, that is not your invitation to confirm or deny what I am musing about.
Think of it like the Harry Potter books, and I the first-time reader. You wouldn't spoil me that Severus Snape knew Harry's mother if I theorized during my reading of the second book that he must have some sort of connection with Harry, would you? You wouldn't tell me that Dobby returns in the final book if you saw me saying that he was my favorite character in the fourth book, would you? If you're the sort of person who would say such things, then I'll kindly -- as kindly as is possible -- ask you to please not post in this thread until I complete the game. (Pre- and post-E4 story components.)

For what it's worth, not a single spoiler anyone has said today is something major. But that's not the nature of the problem! The nature of the problem is that when you guys keep spoiling each and every little thing, each and every little mystery, each and every one of the little joys I have to find in this game, bit by bit by bit you kill my enjoyment. A pinch here, a teaspoon there. Never a gallon, never a tub. Just tiny little bits of mystery and intrigue, gone. They add up, guys. They add up.

Sorry for any hurt feelings. You guys don't know how bad you make me feel having to scold you when I know you were only trying to help. I love how friendly and helpful this community can be, but this is one time where you're overstretching. I appreciate that it's probably frustrating to you guys trying to navigate this minefield, but if it's that much of a minefield to you then it's best to just not set foot in it at all.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #73
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Defying the Odds: So, I spent about 2 hours of game time rollerblading back and forth, back and forth, back and forth down Route 7. Sometimes I'd go up onto scenic Route 6. Towards the end I took advantage of Parfum Palace's huge front lawn, something which seems custom-built for egg hatchers. (If only there weren't quite so many NPCs, you could probably skate around here blindly.) All of this was done while I was desperately trying to hatch a Bold, Modest, or Timid Ralts, preferably female. Out of eleven hatches ... only one was female. Out of those same eleven hatches ... only one was Bold, Modest, or Timid. (Timid.) The good news? The female was the Timid one. :'D The bad news? Her SpAtk was a 5 and her speed was a 6. The thing is, her father was a Ralts who had an unboosted 6 for SpAtk and 6 for Speed ... so I know for a fact that not only did she not inherit Daddy's stats but that her Speed, supposed to be amazing thanks to the Nature boost, must instead be terrible thanks to an awfully low IV.

Empty-handed, I decided to put my Ralts hatching on hold for now. A, it's possible that I'll find a patch of grass filled with Kirlia later on in the game. (Though really, I'd prefer the experience of raising her from a little Ralts.) B, it's possible that I might find an Everstone or some other item or mechanic which will make it easy to guarantee the inheritance of natures. (For example, plop that Everstone onto Timid Ralts and voilŕ: guaranteed Timid babies.) While I think I'd really rather lean Bold and go for an untraditional stat distro, I won't deny that there's probably a good reason Smogon insists that it's Timid or go home for the base 80 speed psychic.

Looking for Dunsparce in All the Wrong Places: So, Tierno is on Route 7 and asks me, "Have you found a Dunsparce?" I figure that something good might happen if I can show him a Dunsparce. Even if it's just flavor text, I figure, let's try for it. So I walk around the flowers in front of the Daycare and get into a good fifteen, twenty, probably twenty-five fights. Eventually, getting frustrated with my inability to find a Dunsparce, I ask a friend online if they know if Dunsparce is even on Route 7 or not. They tell me it isn't: "It's on Routes 3 and 22." Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell fuck. That's all the way back near Santalune City. No way am I going all the way back there right now just to show Tierno some stupid Dunsparce.

The Battle Château: At this point in the game, I only had Ą8,000 to my name. I'm a very frugal player. I pretty much only purchase PokéBalls (and even then only in sets of ten so I can get the free Premier Ball). Indeed, my only expenditures so far in this game have been purchasing PokéBalls, purchasing one Escape Rope (I always do this as a precautionary measure), tipping the photographer, and paying the Daycare Lady. Yet somehow, I'm down to my last Ą8,000. This is not good.

Then, as luck would have it, I press forward with the story ... only to land in the lap of richness. The Battle Chateau! This is where fortunes are made.

First, though, I want to say how I really love the concept with this place. I think the execution's a little clumsy -- they turned the peerage system into an invite-only VIP club? ^^; I guess that's one way of looking at it ... -- but I definitely delight in working my way up the ladder and reminding myself which rungs come next on the peerage ladder. Corinne has gone from Baroness to Viscountess to Countess, and I'm interested to see which title comes next. I expect Lord/Lady will be saved for last, though it would be pretty cool (if weird O_o) if Kalos has a sitting monarch and he/she grants me the title of Duchess.

So anyway, yeah: riches! After completing three tours of this building, I decided to check out how much money I had ... over Ą111,000! Daaaaaaaaayum. To be so rich so early in the game ... this is pretty incredible. Normally I spam Amulet Coin when playing Story Mode, and it usually sees me avoiding the financial woes that beset so many other players. But this time, I don't think that even I will be fretting that much about making absolutely certain the Amulet Coin is on my lead Pokémon. Not when there's such an easy and seemingly never-ending supply of money to be made! They should rename the Battle Château to the ItPrintsMoney Château.

Guess I don't ever get to see a Froakie ...: So after I exit the Battle Château the first time, I press on with my adventure and run into Calem at the end of Route 7. We get into battle with Tierno and Trevor ... and that sonofabitch Calem sends out a Fletchling. Are you shitting me!? I want to see your starter so I can GTS for it, man. I deliberately stall on killing things just so I can make sure that Calem's Fletchling dies and he's forced to send out his one remaining Pokémon. He sends it out, and sure enough it's his starter. But it's ... Frogadier!? D: Well, he looks pretty cool I guess ... but does that mean I missed my chance to see a Froakie?

So now I'm genuinely curious: was I supposed to fight Calem in Lumiose City but the game glitched out? Because seriously, that was really, really weird that he asked to see which of us was stronger, challenged me to a battle ... and then never battled me. Other people had the same experience and said you should just press on with the game, so I did, but now I'm wondering if maybe that really wasn't supposed to happen.

Anyway, yeah: Frogadier looks kinda cool, but I'm still not sure if I like the whole "sky blue frog with a cottony cloud for a scarf, oh, and glasses" look. Especially not if our perennial musings about a Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark trio of starters is what's going to end up coming to pass. (I couldn't help but notice how lithe Frogadier looks. But if they're really going for a Water/Fighting angle, then I don't understand the glasses. Not saying you can't ever have a fighter wearing glasses, but it's certainly not the stereotypical image of a fighter ...)

Also: not sure why they didn't just name him Grenadier. Not only is it the obvious source for his name, but "Gren" up front ties into the French word for frog, grenouille. Well, whatever.

GameSync: Looking up stuff to do with photographs in XY, I discover that if I sync my game to the same account I used for BW2, then I can upload my photos there. However, I can only upload the last photo I took. So when I came upon the second photography hotspot, I was like, "Okay: guess it's time to go online. *sigh, what a hassle*" Did all the Game Sync stuff ... except it didn't seem to take my photo. Tried to go back online ... couldn't. Googled ... found out you're locked out for four hours after every session. Waited four hours before resuming ... photo finally took.

Skipping ahead a bit chronologically, I'll go ahead and say this here since it's relevant to this topic: I strongly dislike the fact that other people's Pokémon can show up in my Pokémon-amie uninvited. Why? Because you fucking spoil me on creatures I haven't seen yet, that's why! Thankfully, this has only happened once and the damage was (all things considered) pretty marginal: they gave away what Fletchinder's final form looks like. I have, stuck on my screen, two strangers' Fletchfinals and one stranger's Charizard. That's it. So I'm at least grateful for the fact that I didn't get stuck with Gen 6's Lake Trio or Gen 6's Heatran or something.

Is there a way to remove unwanted Pokémon from your Pokémon-Amie menu screen, guys? If so, can you tell me what it is / how to do it? Is there also a way to prevent this from happening in the first place? I'd like to make sure it never happens again, if at all possible.

No Time for Spelunking: So the route terminates in a cave, and I'm all "Noooooooooo! D: Not a caaaaaaaaaave! " I fucking hate caves. BW2's the first game to have made me like a cave ... and even it only pulled the feat off by dressing the cave up as a completely different entity (a frigate ) and distracting me with the wonders and excitement of plot progression. I set foot inside of my first Gen 6 cave and ... it's actually kinda pretty. :o And then ...

... I come to a dead end. Exit. Re-enter from the southern side. And what do I discover?

"You don't have to do this cave yet, Talon. In fact, YOU CAN'T! You'll have to come back here later once you have the HM for Strength. For now though, just go ahead and exit right over here. We hope you enjoyed your thirty steps-long stay!"

Oh.

Thank.

God. :'D

I'd say "BEST CAVE EVER" were it not for the obvious fact that I'm gonna have to come back here later. ^^; For now though, I excitedly press on to ...

Route 8: a.k.a. Welcome to Bretagne. God, I love what they're doing with this game aesthetically. It's just so, so good. This is what I have always dreamed a Pokémon game would be like. The future really is now. And it's so beautiful.

Anyway, I notice some ledges, so I decide to save the game before jumping down any of them. Seeing that there are quite a lot, I decide to head back to Route 7 real fast, water and de-weed my berries one last time before I press onward (since there's no telling when I'll get to see them next), and then return and press onward. A few items tucked away here or there, nothing too special (visuals aside), until ...

Sky Battle!: Okay. What the hell is this and how come we never had this until now. Probably because we never had a main series game with such dedication to nice 3-D graphics. This was incredible. I absolutely loved my first sky battle. I can totally see how they might even become an entire subgenre of battles amongst enthusiasts. Maybe not on a site like Pokémon Showdown (not so long as the matching graphical support isn't there), no, but on the 3DS? Definitely. I could definitely see a demand for Sky Battle battles. In fact, if XY doesn't support this option natively in the WiFi battle options, a) I'm going to be surprised and b) I'm positive we'll see it in the next title. 'Cause this is just incredible. Gym or Elite Four Sky Battle YES PLEASE. :o~

Undella Town Kalos's Beach Town: So I arrive in a town whose name I've forgotten and I'm like "Please please please please PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE tell me you have a gym! D:" only to discover that, no, from the looks of it they don't. Bugger. Calem shows up and nudges me in the direction of this game's fossil research lab. So I go there and talk to all the people and then have a choice: do I follow Calem's instructions and head north through the aquarium? Or do I go east and explore what lies beyond this terminal? I go east!

Riding a Rhyhorn: So this was a cute little gimmick that I'm glad they decided to put in the game. I've never been particularly crazy for the Rhyhorn line, but even I've got to love the idea of riding a docile stony rhinoceros who will head smash any boulders that block our path. The only complaint I have with this part is the fact that they made it an area for wild Pokémon to show up. I would've preferred a leisurely ride with Rhyhorn instead of being interrupted once every 15 seconds by Helioptile.

This catches us up to last night when I first posted asking about my Fennekin situation.

I haven't made much progress since then -- I'm still in the middle of riding Rhyhorn, actually -- but here's what I can say.

Saying Good-bye to Fennekin: I decided to cancel Fennekin's attempt to evolve at Level 31 ...but I've also decided that this is it. The next time she gains a level, I'm letting her evolve. Now that it's confirmed that Fennekin's little different from starters in previous generations, evolving into her final form at Level 36, and now that it's also been revealed that the final form attempts to learn its signature move upon evolving, my time with Braixen could be grossly limited. Basically, there are two outcomes. And yes, this time, it's safe for you to give me the answer -- because I am clearly, clearly asking you to supply me with said answer. (Please note that I want a general answer though! See third paragraph below.)

The first outcome is that I'm only going to have Braixen for four levels. (32, 33, 34, and 35.) After that, she evolves into Finalformkin and I allow it because I really want the flavorful signature move. This outcome is going to happen if two things are true:
  1. the Move Reminder in Kalos isn't accessible for at least ten additional new towns + new routes. (So for example [and blindly making stuff up], Route 9 + Town + Route 10 + Town + Cave + Route 11 + Route 12 + PseudoCave + Town + Lumiose North Side + Route 13 + Route 14 + Route 15 + finally we reach his town.)
  2. payment for the Move Reminder isn't stumbled upon by even the most inexperienced of trainers by this point nor is it easily Covetable by my trusty Zigzagoon
If this is the situation, please confirm it now. A simple "Yes, one of those things is true" will suffice. No, I won't explode if you confirm that both are true, I promise. :p

The second outcome is that I'm going to have Braixen for a good 15+ levels. This outcome is what's going to happen if (see above) you guys confirm that I can expect to find the Move Reminder and payment before the tenth-from-now new zone, where "new zone" is routes, towns, caves, forests, etc. Also, though, it has to be confirmed (though I think you already have confirmed this amidst last night's hubbub) that the move even can be retaught via the Move Reminder. It'd be insanity if it couldn't be, but if it can't be then obviously I'd want to know.

Please note: I'm not asking you to tell me when or where exactly I will find the Move Reminder. Something I don't think people understand is that if I wanted to know the answers to questions like those, I could easily go to Bulbapedia myself and look them up. ^^; " 'Bulbapedia - Move Reminder.' Okay, let's see where he is ... ah, here we go. Pokémon XY. It says he's on Route 5. Got it." The reason I'm asking you guys the ambiguous questions I am asking you is specifically because I don't want to have the specific knowledge. I'd like there to at least be some element of surprise left. It's bad enough to ask for any info, but I'm happier to ask for vague info than for concrete info. I hope this makes sense.

Anyway, the next time I post, Fennekin will no longer on the team. ;_; Gah ... I am so, so sad to say good-bye. I don't think any Pokémon game has ever done this to me on quite so strong a level.

Last edited by Talon87; 12-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #74
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
>Money

I typically end pokemon games with somewhere around the 120k mark. I ended XY with somewhere near 600k, and I didn't touch the Chateau.

>Move Relearner

Is a loooooooooong way away.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #75
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Froakie

No, you don't see the first stage of your rival's starter. Not sure why.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON