UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 05-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #201
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Greetings from Niagara Falls! And CB says hi :3

Well I dunno how Emi feels, but seems we are at a stopping-ish point in our storyline, not to mention it's getting very outdated (back then I only had a few Psychic types and now... *looks at tons of Psychic types*) and I want to get some specific character development going with Okiku but every time I had a chance to do so it would be screwed up. So yeah, I wouldn't mind starting a new storyline, but to be on the safe side I would check with Emi (as for others, I think they have been out of it ^^;)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #202
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, Emi was OK with it as well, so the new storyline in the Nightclub has been started, it's there for anyone who wants in on it.

On another subject, anyone else ever have a character idea for a Pokémon they wanted, only for that idea to be taken over by another Pokémon in the end? Let me explain what I mean- initially, I wanted a Pansear for my team. His name would've been Jack, and he would've been this prankster type who would discover a talent (and passion) for cooking, and basically he'd become the team's chef, refusing to evolve into Simisear out of fear that evolving would make him lose the precise control he has over the temperature of the tuft of fur on his forehead, thus making him less useful at cooking (and also because I prefer Pansear's design to Simisear's). However, this was before Hermione, my Weedle, developed her own passion for cooking, essentially taking the role that the Pansear would've. Similarly, there is a female Espurr on my trade list- ever since I first saw what female Meowstic looked like, I wanted one in FB as a love interest for my Meowth, but at the same time, I've also been RPing Ruby, my Houndour, as having a mild crush on Meowth, and at this point, I'm starting to lean towards going in that direction instead.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #203
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Cool! I might be joining it at some point, but blargh I feel overwhelmed with all the stuff I want to do before I get back to work ^^;

As for your question about characters picked up by a Pokémon planned by another, I sorta had it happening but not as "direct". For example, I knew I wanted my team's Munna to be very feminine and having a thing for gardening, but lo and behold I ended up with a male Munna, which doesn't fit with the personality that I had in mind. Thankfully I had another idea for a character that has been in my head around that time, however I didn't know to whom I should give it to, so I gave it to him instead. And so Marc Anthony was born :3 ...And then later on I also had a female Munna, and she ended up getting the original Munna personality X)

And there was also a similar situation where I had a specific personality for a female Chikorita but I ended up with a male one... but knowing the rarity of both Chikorita in general and the female gender of Chikorita on top of that, decided to go with the same personality anyway XP

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #204
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
And there was also a similar situation where I had a specific personality for a female Chikorita but I ended up with a male one... but knowing the rarity of both Chikorita in general and the female gender of Chikorita on top of that, decided to go with the same personality anyway XP
That was actually more or less my thought process when I first hatched Pomona. I mean, I didn't actually have a specific personality in mind for a Bulbasaur back then, I just wanted one in general, though I was hoping that when I did get one, it'd be male (this was before I was adamant about wanting a Venusaur that didn't have a seed sticking out of the flower, though that played a major role in Pomona's unwillingness to evolve). So when I ended up hatching a female Bulbasaur, instead of getting all picky about it, I decided to not look a gift Ponyta in the mouth, and I kept the Bulbasaur anyway- Bulbasaur in and of themselves are rare, to say nothing of a female one. Worked out pretty well for me, though- I'm satisfied with the personalities Pomona and Dennis ended up with.

(nicknames: Pomona=Ivysaur; Dennis=Venusaur)
Old 05-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #205
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
So, MM.

How do you feel about waging war with a walking furnace god?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #206
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>The Great One's true identity

Calllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

(disgunbegood.gif)

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #207
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

In case anybody's wondering why I seem to make every Pokemon "giant", it's not that I'm compensating for anything, but the fact that regular Heatran are as tall as a teenager. :P
Old 05-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #208
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakittenyfool View Post
So, MM.

How do you feel about waging war with a walking furnace god?
...Bring me my brown pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
>The Great One's true identity

Calllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

(disgunbegood.gif)
Would've been my guess as well, actually. I was thinking either that or Groudon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
In case anybody's wondering why I seem to make every Pokemon "giant", it's not that I'm compensating for anything, but the fact that regular Heatran are as tall as a teenager. :P
It is? *checks* Wow. Yeah, good call on ramping up the size, definitely- would've seemed a tad anticlimactic if I turned out to be taller than the Great One.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #209
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
It must be all those virgin sacrifices over the centuries that made The Great One so obese.

Granted, this situation's prime for one of TPP's greatest quotes: No kings, no gods, only mons.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #210
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Yeah PokéDex dimensions are... not great. See also: Drapion, Blastoise, Nidoking.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #211
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Yeah PokéDex dimensions are... not great. See also: Drapion, Blastoise, Nidoking.
I hear that. Nidoking seems like the kind of thing that ought to tower over his Trainer. Maybe not Blastoise, but I still feel like it ought to be at least as tall as me, not shorter. I'd actually want Drapion to be as tall as Blastoise is, to be honest.

Didn't someone once bring up the idea of an item that could make Pokémon under a certain height grow extremely huge, and above that certain height shrink down or something? I'm not sure I'd ever actually make use of such an item in FB, but it's still pretty humorous to picture Hermione the size of an Onix or something.

(nicknames: Hermione=Weedle)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out