UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Genesect UPN Day 2019

Yay it's UPN day, kids. I'm at work or I'd say/do more here but I am thouroughly pooped. I love all of you and post your storied of whatever or just how your last year was.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
It's been like 6 years now... I'm getting old. I'm now living on my own, well, outside of my parent's house at the least. Getting married next year to fellow UPNer Zelphon. Wedding is gonna be awesome. Besides that not much has really happened. Miss everyone from the last two UPNCons, hope something can be set up for 2020~

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

UPN is cool,
Next week i'm going swimming,
Refrigerator.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Happy Yoopee Inn day.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
phoopes
Double Dragon

Whoa. It's my 8th UPN Day, and I just looked at the history... this is the first time since my first UPN day in 2012 that I'm not late! This really is a momentous occasion.

While this place really isn't as active as it used to be (I think thanks to Discord, which I have never really seemed to get into) UPN will always be my Internet home. I instinctively type "upn" into the search bar whenever I get on any computer expecting to just hit enter and have it autocomplete and take me here lol. Here's to many more years <3
Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I'm at my lowest point, but it's darkest before dawn and all that rot. This time last year I was getting my arse chewed like it was bubblegum. Hopefully, that'll be the case this time next year.

The horrific irony is the nightmarish heat that plagued the East Coast last year is affecting the West Coast this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
Red Panda
head head bitch

Year number 7? for me, and while I went on a break for like 2 and a half years it feels good to get back into ASB and Wild Future and Mafia and even just the UPN discord. Most stuff may have moved off the site by now, but I’m still grateful for all y’all that I’ve met through here. Internet home for sure.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #8
Heather
Naga's Voice

5 years. Geez, getting old, aren't I? I'll be graduating this fall.

And testing for full relinquishment of my ability to do math in 9 days.

...You, know, cause gays cant both do math and drive. its one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #9
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
This will be my 7th? UPN Day I think. Maybe it's the 8th. I think I joined a few days after UPN Day. Can't really remember.

Last year in bullet points
-Got together with my lovely girlfriend
-Saw said lovely girlfriend in Baltimore for two days and was a crying wreck for the rest of the week
-Change my major from Chemistry to History, and somewhat paradoxically, I have more done in my History degree than my Chemistry one, so I guess in no way shape or form can that be considered a bad move
-My GPA currently is a 3.85, attesting to my grandparents that doubting me was a fatal mistake
-Decided to go by Anastasia and make Emilia my middle name
-UPN Meetup 2 happened, and since I was there, it was vastly improved over the original

and a lot of school related stuff that I'm not sure anyone wants to hear about. Overall it has been good. Some ups and downs but I think that's to be expected.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #10
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria I press “f” to pay respects- I mean, for “forums” in the url to access upn

Honestly, the extent of my interaction of Upn is checking this site for .1 seconds because hey! Old habits die hard

But I still talk to some of y’all now and then! In fact, I’m gonna be going to Australia and South Korea in July~ I’m so hypeeee

Other than that, I’m still drawing, still working, and still playing games obsessively >o> Y’all know where to find me if you need me :v

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:56 PM   #11
Char
Banned

I love UPN
Old 06-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #12
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Half a decade's nearly passed since my arrival upon this strand of the web, and not that my many forced hiatuses make me feel very honest about saying that. Whoops.

Finally got myself a handy-dandy Birth Certificate within the right time frame to say that it's my 21st birthday present, which certainly beats a toothbrush (the only other thing I got this year...). The BC's been kinda useless so far, however- still couldn't get a state ID because I don't have birth abroad paperwork, which consequently made it so even McDonald's continues to refuse to hire me. We're already working on hammering out that particular kink, though, so hopefully this'll all be over with by this time next year.
Tl;Dr, Red Tape continues to plague my very existence. Boo!

My home situation continues to be mentally taxing, but that's to be expected. At least my post-secondary education seems to have stabilized for the time being.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:31 AM   #13
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

[1] + [2] + This makes three. I'd like for my username to be changed to Nerd Violence.

This was the year that I quit Fizzy Bubbles. I gave it fifteen years of my life, and... well, at some point it stopped being worth it. I'd like to say that I'm sad to have said goodbye, but the truth is I'm happy to be away from it. It was 90% of the reason I came to UPN, however, so one may reasonably expect me to be here 90% less. I'm sure I'll pop in, now and then, but there just isn't anything left for me here.

If anyone really wants to keep in touch with me, you can follow the link in my signature; it's to my Yū Yū Hakusho themed server, which is where I spend most of my time. Alternatively, you can add me as a friend on Discord -- Nerd Violence#0134.

Thanks for adding justify alignment for me, Kuno. That was cool of you.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:51 AM   #14
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I actually have no idea what number UPN day it is for me but I now have a job and am now wageslave for the gacha game whaling. Also almost done with my environmental science degree. Soon I'll have a piece of paper saying I spent 5+ years getting a qualification and a buttload of student debt lol.

Currently saving for trips to Japan and the US, although when I'll go to the US is a whole different story.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #15
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Not the best year for me. I'm still visiting UPNetwork pretty regularly, but I don't post as often. Job hunting sucks and when I'm not doing that, I'm playing vidya games.

BTW, when the western release of PSO2 comes out, we're all playing and making a UPNetwork guild. That means you Kuno, Marion Ette, Balmund, and any others who want in.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Haven't posted in one of these in a while, have I? I mean, not much to report, at least not in the past year. Got a job two years ago, so that's a thing I got going for me. Overall, nothing to really complain about. Still a regular here on UPN. Moreso in Fizzy Bubbles than anywhere else, but still here nevertheless, and honestly, I plan on sticking around.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:16 AM   #17
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I'm so late.

Hi, Naru here. This is my fourth time posting in one of these cool little threads. BUT THIS TIME I HAVE A COLOURED NAME. Woah! How times have changed. This year I am proud to announce that not only am I now a Fizzy Bubbles mod, but I am also a member of Serebiiforums's moderation team as well! (I'm Hydrangea over there, feel free to say hi if you see me around!). I'm so happy to continue expressing my love of UPN and, in a sense, actually give back to the community.

Anyways! Onto... whatever I posted last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
> Kicks door down

So last year it was :

Ew. Gross. I got dumped like a month after I made this post LMAO. I'm back living with my parents, which is chill --- my mom and I's relationship has gotten like infinity times better. Boosted my C+ Average to a B+ average, finished my second semester with a 3.4 GPA! (A- in EDUC class!). Oh yeah, my practicums were in a Grade 8 classroom... which 100% was super scary when I first learned about it but my mentor teacher was a doll and my students were honestly really great. Otherwise... 2017 was pretty good. Might've gotten dumped, but like the year got better at the tail end and I spent more time with my gal pals and went on my first ever proper roadtrip back to my home town.

On the UPN side... I love you all so much. You're such a great community and it's been an honor to be welcomed into it so willingly. I love talking to all of you! You all have such wonderful things about you! Along with that... as you can probably tell I'm active on Fizzy Bubbles heavily and I got made a zone admin and I literally almost cried when I was voted in???? I am a weak baby...
HA. Still single, but have decided it's totally for the best. I like myself more when I'm not trying to impress a boy. I'm going to continue to focus on school, boys can come later. Speaking of school, I did not get into my third year of education with the limited 32 spots (I was number 33 LMAO) but it's whatever. I'm just going to take another year of options, maybe turn my Bachelor of arts into a Master of arts and try again next year. I'm nothing if not driven.

My mom and I continue to have a good relationship, and she was the most comforting and understanding person when I told her I did not get in. (I love you mom, you do double the work you need to at all times and I respect you so much).

UH! I TURN 22 IN AUGUST? WHERE HAS MY LIFE GONE? Not to mention this April was the 10th anniversary of my roleplaying career, as well as the 10th year of me making longterm friends from Serebii forums (I know you guys aren't on UPN... but if you ever lurk I love you all so much and I hope one day we can meet irl ;~;). I also totally got added to a Discord group with other roleplay friends that I haven't spoken with since 2012??? I almost cried being able to reconnect with everyone. This November also marks 10 years since I went to my first concert! Which also means 10 years since I got absolutely obsessed with music. So Three Days Grace, I thank you for that.

And that's it from me! Once again, I love you all. Feel free to message me on here or on Discord any time... I know I'm not extremely active on the UPN Discord anymore but just know I'm there. <3
Old 11-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #18
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I never said it cause I forgot, but the UPN day this year was the 20th anniversary of UPN forums! Hurray!

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #19
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...This place is almost as old as I am? That's gotta be a big ol' yikes for the OG crowd...

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork