UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Pumpkaboo Happy hAlolaween! Halloween Event 2019

Happy hAlolaween!

Things aren't the same in Alola. Once a bustling tourist hotspot, the sunny isles now find themselves eerily quiet. Flights have diminished and the cruise ships now make their way towards a new destination. The lack of tourists has devastated the Alolan economy, causing a lot of businesses to shut up shop and move on to greener pastures. They knew it would come, their time had run out. Alola was no longer the hot new thing, everyone had seen the landscape, experienced the trials and tasted all the delights the Alola region had to offer. Word was that another region was growing in popularity, its name on the lips of every eager traveller.

A meeting was held by Alola's economic elite. They needed to squeeze every last dollar out of the tourists, they needed one big event to get everyone back on Alolan shores, one last time. One keen minded executive pointed out that Halloween was quickly approaching and was quick to come up with a witty name for the event. They slashed the prices of flights, hoping to lure in as many people as they could.

It didn't take long for word to reach Fizzytopia. A frenzy followed, with everyone purchasing a cut-price ticket and a hoping on a plane to Alola. After touching down on Alolan shores, travellers are delighted to find the airport filled with designer costumes of all sorts, as well as materials for those that wish to hastily construct their own. The streets are filled with merchants trying to offload their unwanted wares, some are even going as far as to give items away! You'll have to make sure you get in quick, because these giveaways certainly won't last!

With Alola soon to be on the outer, it only seems right to give it a fitting send-off. Feel free to RP yourself exploring any area of the Alola region for one last time, making sure to stick to the Halloween theme! While you're at it, you can collect these rewards!

1x Pumpkin Spice Malasada- A famous Alolan Malasada with a touch of Pumpkin Spice! If fed to one of your Pokemon, it will learn an egg or tutor move (natural) of your choice!

1x Tiki Mask- A tribal mask used to intimidate the holder's opponents and reduce their speed at the cost of a slight drop in the holder's accuracy.

1x Bea5t Ball- Styled to look exactly like the balls used in a past Alolan crisis, these Bea5t Balls are purely decorative and work about as well as a regular Pokeball.

1x Silver Bottle Cap- looks worthless but some guy at the airport is offer to pay $1000 for it!

Rewards can be claimed between now and 11:59pm, Saturday the 30th of November (FB Time). RP is encouraged but not required.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-30-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Happy hAlolaween!

With Alola soon to be on the outer, it only seems right to give it a fitting send-off. Feel free to RP yourself exploring any area of the Alola region for one last time, making sure to stick to the Halloween theme! While you're at it, you can collect these rewards!

1x Pumpkin Spice Malasada- A famous Alolan Malasada with a touch of Pumpkin Spice! If fed to one of your Pokemon, it will learn an egg or tutor move (natural) of your choice!

1x Tiki Mask- A tribal mask used to intimidate the holder's opponents and reduce their speed at the cost of a slight drop in the holder's accuracy.

1x Bea5t Ball- Styled to look exactly like the balls used in a past Alolan crisis, these Bea5t Balls are purely decorative and work about as well as a regular Pokeball.

1x Silver Bottle Cap- looks worthless but some guy at the airport is offer to pay $1000 for it!

Rewards can be claimed between now and 11:59pm, Saturday the 30th of November (FB Time). RP is encouraged but not required.

*Poker ate the Pumpkin Spice Malasada! Poker learnt how to use Aqua Tail!*
*Danny obtained the Tiki Mask!*
*Danny obtained the Bea5t Ball*
*Danny obtained the Silver Bottle Cap and sold it for $1000!*

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 11-23-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Things aren't the same in Alola. Once a bustling tourist hotspot, the sunny isles now find themselves eerily quiet. Flights have diminished and the cruise ships now make their way towards a new destination. The lack of tourists has devastated the Alolan economy, causing a lot of businesses to shut up shop and move on to greener pastures. They knew it would come, their time had run out. Alola was no longer the hot new thing, everyone had seen the landscape, experienced the trials and tasted all the delights the Alola region had to offer. Word was that another region was growing in popularity, its name on the lips of every eager traveller.

A meeting was held by Alola's economic elite. They needed to squeeze every last dollar out of the tourists, they needed one big event to get everyone back on Alolan shores, one last time. One keen minded executive pointed out that Halloween was quickly approaching and was quick to come up with a witty name for the event. They slashed the prices of flights, hoping to lure in as many people as they could.

It didn't take long for word to reach Fizzytopia. A frenzy followed, with everyone purchasing a cut-price ticket and a hoping on a plane to Alola. After touching down on Alolan shores, travellers are delighted to find the airport filled with designer costumes of all sorts, as well as materials for those that wish to hastily construct their own. The streets are filled with merchants trying to offload their unwanted wares, some are even going as far as to give items away! You'll have to make sure you get in quick, because these giveaways certainly won't last!

Rewards can be claimed between now and 11:59pm, Saturday 30/11 (FB Time). RP is encouraged but not required.
"Bill... bill... junk mail... chain letter... you may have won 1,000,000... gah," Keith grunted, having tossed aside the few envelopes he'd gotten in the mail that day. "Still nothing. It's almost Halloween, and the Elite Four still haven't contacted me about a trick or treat event. After last year's resounding success, I would think they'd want to do that again."

"Ehh, maybe dey don't wanna repeat da same ting again and again," yawned the Meowth currently lying on the armrest of the chair in which Keith was currently seated. The both of them were in the living room of the Poisonous Palace. It was late October, and after the hugely successful event the Fizzytopia region held for Halloween last year, Keith had been sorely hoping for a repeat of it.

"I guess," Keith conceded. "Still, makes me wonder what they got in mind for this year."

At that point, however, the door swung open, and Willa Carnet walked in from the hallway. As the Poisonous Palace had by now become her permanent residence, her mail was delivered here as well, and indeed, she had several envelopes in her hands. Most of them were carelessly crushed into wrinkled wads, and as though to further highlight their unimportance, Willa promptly chucked them into the fireplace before approaching Keith's chair. With a sly smile, Keith moved over, allowing just enough room for Willa to sit beside him, a nonverbal offer Willa gladly took him up on. "Anything good?" Willa asked.

"The usual junk," Keith replied, with a distasteful glance at the envelopes he'd tossed onto the coffee table. "How about you?"

"Considering I just threw most of my mail into the fire, take a wild guess," Willa replied.

"Most of it, though, I notice," Keith observed. "Not all of it."

At this, Willa gave a sly smile of her own. "I may have arranged for a little surprise," she replied. "I never did get to thank you properly for Scatterbug."

"Oh, Willa, you don't have to thank me-" began Keith.

"-and yet I want to," Willa responded smoothly, opening the lone envelope still in her hands. "With the weather getting colder, I figured a little vacation might be in order, so I was able to secure two plane tickets to Alola," she said, pulling the aforementioned plane tickets out of her bag.

"Oh, whoa!" Keith grinned. "Alola, huh? Never got to go there, but I always wanted to. My friend Irwin went there- you know the guy, he's the Bird Keeper always enters the Colosseum challenges, he has a Flyinium Z?" Willa nodded, and so Keith continued. "Anyway, that's where he got his Z-Ring and Flyinium Z in the first place. Evidently that's where Z-Moves originated, and you know I love those. But tickets to Alola! How'd you afford-"

"The prices have been drastically reduced," Willa stated. "It appears Alola's running somewhat low on tourism as of late, and they're putting together a Halloween-based event to try and get things moving again, complete with discounted plane tickets."

Keith shrugged. "Works for me," he replied. "When's the flight leave?"

"Tomorrow," Willa responded. "Four in the morning."

"Alright, that's fine, we just-" Keith began, before his eyes bulged, Willa's words registering in his mind at last. "Tha- wha- Tomorr- Four o' clo- in the MORNING?!" he spluttered.

~~~~~

Much frantic packing ensued following this, after which the couple decided getting to sleep early was a good idea, the better to not miss their flight. And miss it they sure didn't! By some miracle of Arceus, everything went smoothly the following morning and they were soon nodding right back off on the plane, waking up mere minutes before they came in for a landing in Hau'oli City.

"Whoa," Keith murmured as they got off the plane. A pair of hula dancers came up to the couple, placing what appeared to be leis around their necks, before they came to life and flew off- they had in fact been a pair of Comfey.

"Indeed," Willa smiled. She turned to look at her boyfriend. "...you do like it, don't you?" she asked quietly. In response, however, Keith pulled her in for a kiss, which said it all and then some.

What followed was a wonderful tropical vacation. Keith and Willa enjoyed themselves immensely, swimming in the Alolan seas together, lying on the beautiful beaches, partaking of the local cuisine. Of course, they'd brought some of their Pokémon along as well, and Meowth for one was loving the vacation. He'd scoffed down lots of Big Malasadas, though Keith had to keep him away from the free Pumpkin Spice Malasada the shop was giving away as part of their hAlolaween promotion. Instead, Keith gave it to Willa to give to one of her own Pokémon.

One of the best aspects of the vacation, however, was getting to battle the local Trainers. Alola was chock-full of skilled Trainers with various Pokémon, some of which neither of them had ever seen in their lives, and many of them had Z-Rings and Z-Crystals of their own. Willa in particular was stunned to see an opposing Decidueye pull off the Z-Move Sinister Arrow Raid, moreso when Keith explained to her that that was a Z-Move that only Decidueye was capable of using. Likewise, Willa was enamored at once by the sight of a Rockruff one of her opponents sent out, and after a few moments of gushing over it, she managed to compose herself, saying little more, though blushing vibrantly. Keith, however, found himself even more in love with Willa at that moment than before, having now witnessed that she does indeed share his weakness for cute puppies.

They were there for a week, so the couple were in complete agreement that their stay should not be restricted to just Melemele Island, and so they got on Willa's Lapras and rode on over to Akala Island one day.

"Alright, so where to?" Keith asked, once he and Willa went ashore on the sands of Hano Beach.

"Hmm..." Willa murmured, consulting a guidebook. "We could head to Konikoni City," she suggested. "There's numerous shops there. We could find souvenirs for Gavin and Terri."

"I like that," Keith smiled. "Let's go, then."

However, the journey to Konikoni was not a smooth one. They made it through Diglett's Tunnel just fine, but right outside, things went wrong. From within the cave, the voices of two Trainers embroiled in a battle echoed throughout, and just as Keith and Willa stepped outside, they could hear one of the Trainers commanding his Dugtrio to use Earthquake. Immediately Keith and Willa turned to exchange nervous looks- Earthquake inside a cave was never a good idea. And sure enough, the tremors could be felt even outside. And then, things got worse- a number of large rocks came dislodged, and started falling all around Keith and Willa. Willa shrieked in shock and displeasure, while Keith grabbed her wrist and led the way to safety. However, even as they were doing this, one particularly large rock was practically hurled off the mountain, and was about to flatten them both!

However, in a flash of light, one of Willa's Ultra Balls popped open, and her Spewpa appeared, jumping up fearlessly to meet the rock. Without sufficient time to throw up a Protect, the Bug-type instead used Harden, and while this caused the boulder to shatter on impact, with gravel raining down relatively harmlessly all around them, their immediate concern was the welfare of their Bug-type savior. "Spewpa!" Willa shrieked, racing to the Scatterdust Pokémon, who had now collapsed to the ground.

"Oh my Arceus," Keith murmured, examining Spewpa. "Willa, it's badly hurt. We gotta get Spewpa to a Pokémon Center right away!"

"That won't work," came a voice near them. Keith and Willa turned to see a woman approaching them, looking older than them both, albeit not by much. Her fingernails were painted a bright turquoise, and she wore more than a little jewelry. "The Konikoni Pokémon Center is very understaffed today," she explained. "They're at capacity as it is."

"But my Spewpa!" Willa exclaimed, her voice shaking.

"Follow me," said the woman. "From the looks of your Spewpa, there's no time to waste." And with too much truth in this to ignore, and no better ideas occurring to either of them, Keith and Willa both followed this woman, who led the way east, through the Memorial Hill cemetery.

"Where are we going?" Keith asked as they left the cemetery.

"To the Ruins of Life," the woman replied. "Right now, there's one hope for that Spewpa- the healing scales of Tapu Lele."

"Tapu Lele..." murmured Willa, cradling her badly injured Spewpa in her arms. "The guardian of Akala Island?"

The woman nodded, neither stopping nor turning around. "Precisely," she stated. "Tapu Lele scatters scales that have healing properties. If anything will heal your Spewpa, it's that."

"But I've been reading about the tapu," Keith said. "The island guardians are supposed to be pretty fickle, doing pretty much their own thing. How can we be sure Tapu Lele will help us?"

"We can't," said the woman grimly. "I didn't say this was a guarantee. Here we are," she added, stopping just before a cave entrance. "The Ruins of Life."

"Whoa," Keith murmured. "Can... can we just go in, though?" he added, for the woman was leading the way towards the entrance.

"Yes- shouldn't we get permission from the island kahuna?" Willa inquired.

At this, the woman stopped and turned around, a small, sheepish smile on her face. "Oh, forgive me, I haven't introduced myself, have I?" she chuckled. "I am Olivia- the kahuna of Akala Island. Now come," she said, turning around once more and leading the way inside.

Inside, they came to a pair of wooden staircases leading up to a shrine of some sort. Olivia led the way up these stairs, coming to a stop before the shrine. "...so now what?" Willa whispered, her voice getting shaky. At this, Keith put an arm around her to try and comfort her.

"Place Spewpa on the floor before me," Olivia stated. Willa did as instructed. Olivia then knelt down in front of Spewpa and the shrine, with the indication that Keith and Willa should do likewise. "Now we pray to Tapu Lele," she said. And that's just what they did. The three of them knelt before the shrine, praying in complete silence, the only sounds being the pained cries Spewpa was making, and Willa's valiant efforts to hold back tears.

Tapu Lele, guardian of all life on Akala, Olivia thought. Please come to our aid, and lend your power to save this ailing Spewpa.

Tapu Lele, please, Keith thought. Spewpa was trying to save our lives, please don't let her die. Please help...

Tapu Lele, Willa thought. Please... Spewpa means so much to me. Watching the Vivillon migrate with father... if I lose Spewpa, it... it'd be like losing father all over again...

For what felt like forever, nothing happened. But then, they heard something. Singing, it almost sounded like, they realized. And it was getting nearer. And then, from seemingly out of nowhere, a Pokémon appeared, its form seeming to be obscured by a pink shell as it flew around. The look of reverence on Olivia's face was all Keith and Willa needed to see to know that this was-

"Tapu Lele," Olivia said, addressing the Akala guardian. "Please... won't you help this Spewpa?" And Tapu Lele came to a stop, hovering above her shrine, eyeing Spewpa with an unreadable expression. However, to general dismay, she soon made to fly away. Olivia hung her head in defeat, but Willa wasn't about to give up so soon.

"Tapu Lele!" she exclaimed. The Psychic/Fairy-type who had been on the verge of exiting the ruins, stopped in place, slowly turning to look at Willa. She had sprung to her feet, and there were tears in her eyes. "Please, I'm begging you," she pleaded. "Spewpa may mean nothing to you, but to me... she is not only a token of my boyfriend's love, but a beautiful reminder of my father, and a very dear friend... I- I can't lose her! I won't lose her! Please... your scales are her only hope! If... if I have to battle you, I will!" she added, clutching an Ultra Ball in her shaking hand.

"Tapu..." Tapu Lele murmured, contemplating this. Then, she raced forward, until her eyes were mere inches from Willa's. They maintained eye contact for what felt like hours, and though Willa's eyes were full of tears, the determination behind the tears was unmistakable. No one dared speak, Olivia in particular looking shocked, almost fearful that Tapu Lele might attack Willa.

But this did not happen. Instead, Tapu Lele backed away from Willa, and started flying, making a figure 8 above Spewpa. And to everyone's surprise and immense relief, the Land Spirit Pokémon scattered glowing scales onto the ailing Bug-type, whose breathing had started to grow labored. With each scale that touched Spewpa, signs of injury vanished before their very eyes. Her breathing grew normal once more, and she returned to an upright position. And then, as the last of Tapu Lele's scales touched her, a brilliant glow came over Spewpa's body.

"Sp-Sp-Spewpa?" Willa breathed shakily.

"Ohhh!" Olivia gasped in awe.

"Spewpa's starting to evolve!" Keith whispered.

Spewpa's body seemed to grow smaller and thinner, the fluffy fur seeming to vanish. However, at the same time, a pair of magnificent wings bloomed from her back. Flapping them while still glowing, she took to the air, drawing level with Tapu Lele, and the two fluttered around as the transformation completed, revealing Spewpa to have become a beautiful ! Keith took out his Pokédex and aimed it at Willa's newest Pokémon.

"Vivillon- Polar Pattern- the Scale Pokémon. A Bug and Flying-type, the evolved form of Spewpa, and the final evolved form of Scatterbug," droned the device. "Vivillon scatter colorful scales as they fly. They are found in many different patterns, with their pattern depending on the environment in which they were born." Looking at Willa's Vivillon, Keith could see a beautiful pattern reminiscent of snow falling on a clear winter night.

Willa was looking up at Vivillon, mouth slightly agape, eyes full of tears, none of which Keith failed to notice. "Willa...?" he murmured.

"It's... it's a P- a Polar P-Pattern," Willa murmured, voice thick with emotion. "That... Polar Pattern, it... it was father's favorite pattern..." she managed to say, before pulling Keith into a tight hug, letting out emotional sobs. Keith hugged her back all the while, as Vivillon and Tapu Lele continued to fly around. Even Olivia seemed to be shedding a few tears at the emotional situation.

~~~~~

Finally, as Tapu Lele departed the Ruins of Life, Olivia indicated that they should all exit as well, and so they did.

"So..." Keith said, bringing up something that had been on his mind since Spewpa evolved. "Kahuna Olivia, do you think Tapu Lele was really gonna just...?"

Olivia shook her head slowly, looking thoughtful. "Tapu Lele might be Akala Island's guardian deity, but is known to be quite cruel as well... It's hard to know what the tapu are thinking, even for us kahunas," she stated. "However, I'm inclined to think Tapu Lele was testing Willa's resolve."

"You think so?" Willa asked.

Olivia nodded. "When faced with the prospect of Spewpa's final hope failing you, you became emotional. Reckless, even, speaking in such a manner to one of the tapu. You even expressed an intention to battle it if you had to. You didn't back down for a second when it stared you down, and then it healed Spewpa, even filling her with enough life energy for her to evolve. Yes, I think Tapu Lele might have been putting you to the test there. A trial of sorts, even, to gauge how far you were willing to go to save Spewpa. If time hadn't been of the essence, it might have even taken you up on that battle offer, I think."

"Wow," Keith murmured. "Honestly, Willa, I kinda would've liked to see how that battle would turn out."

"Ah... I'm not nearly that good of a Trainer yet," Willa shook her head. "Though I would like to have a battle against Tapu Lele someday, hopefully on friendlier terms."

"That would indeed be interesting to see," smiled Olivia. "So, you two were headed to Konikoni City, yes?"

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "We're on vacation, and we figured that'd be a good place to shop for some souvenirs for our friends."

"Well, you figured right," Olivia replied. "Come back to Konikoni with me- I actually own a jewelry shop in town, and I know all the good shopping places."

"That would be lovely," Willa smiled politely.

"Yes, thank you, kahuna," Keith added.

~~~~~

The rest of the day was a good one. True to her word, Olivia showed Keith and Willa around Konikoni City, where Willa got a Tiki Mask she figured Terri would like, and Keith took a Bea5t Ball he was offered for free, figuring Gavin would get a kick out of it, or at least the story behind it.

"So, Ultra Beasts," Keith murmured, holding the Bea5t Ball in his hand. "Pokémon from other dimensions... I wonder if any of them are Poison-types?" he murmured, eyes lighting up at the thought. "Poison-types from other worlds... I must catch Pokémon like those someday."

"I like the sound of the one the kahuna was talking about," stated Willa. "The one that looks like folded paper- Kartana, she called it." She looked over at Keith. "Do you think we'll get to meet Ultra Beasts for ourselves someday?"

Keith shrugged. "Most anything is possible, I'd think," he stated. "Stranger things have happened. I'd like to think meeting Ultra Beasts wouldn't be out of the question. I might even get to catch some Poison-type Ultra Beasts, and you could catch your Kartana."

Willa smiled, nodding slowly. "I'd like that," she said.

They planned to hike back to Heahea City, but with Diglett's Tunnel closed off for emergency repairs (they subsequently learned that nobody had been harmed, though the Dugtrio Trainer was severely reprimanded by the authorities for using Earthquake in a cave), they instead had to ride on Lapras from Konikoni's docks and head back to Melemele Island that way.

The rest of the vacation was relatively uneventful. All of it fun, but nothing quite so intense as what had happened on Akala Island. Vivillon ended up eating the Pumpkin Spice Malasada, and as a result appeared to learn a new move; and Meowth had found a shiny Silver Bottle Cap. While none of them had any use for the cap, Keith was able to persuade Meowth to reluctantly part with it when a strange man at the airport offered to pay a hefty sum for it. Keith and Willa took one last look at Alola before boarding the plane. It had been a truly amazing vacation, but one thing was for certain- there was no place like home.

*Obtained the Pumpkin Spice Malasada!*

*Obtained the Tiki Mask!*

*Obtained the Bea5t Ball!*

*Obtained the Silver Bottle Cap!*

Quote:
What? Spewpa is evolving!

...!

Congratulations! Your Spewpa evolved into Vivillon!

*Vivillon learned Powder!*

*Vivillon learned Sleep Powder!*

*Vivillon learned Gust!*

*Vivillon learned Struggle Bug!*

*Vivillon learned Light Screen!*
And feeding the Pumpkin Spice Malasada to Vivillon.

*Vivillon learned Signal Beam!*
Old 10-31-2019, 11:23 PM   #4
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

The Alola region was ailing as tourism plummeted. Mint wasn't too concerned that the region would wind up in complete economic ruin, per se, but she could appreciate the effort to bring people in one last time. That said, she wasn't buying a plane ticket, no matter how discounted.

No, instead, she had hopped aboard a ferry (not as greatly discounted, but cheaper than the plane ticket by a margin yet). It was only natural, as Mint was definitely a seafarer sort, living on a small island and what have you.

...Arceus and Trio, she was still a damned hermit, wasn't she?

Still, no matter how relaxing a vacation was supposed to be, Mint was finding it hard to truly unwind. No matter how little she ended up socializing, she still was making most of the money she was saving from doing what Trainers do best-battling. Any amount of vacation from that was one that had to be budgeted for. At the very least, it meant a delay in getting saved up. At worst, it could be a few...hard choices, to say the least. It wasn't as though Mint could do the Trials to make it worth the while, those involved a lot of fighting against incredibly tough wild Pokémon. No, she was going to need to go where the toughest Trainers were at-Battle some bigger fish, make some more money to make up for the days lost traveling. For that reason, Mint had picked the single stop for the toughest Trainers around: Poni Island.

Poni Meadow was a beautiful place. The quiet, gentle breeze that swayed the flowers as they hung down in the ethereal mist, the sight did truly take Mint's breath away. However, a certain Poke Ball at her waist wiggled and suddenly opened of its own accord-the Oricorio Mint had captured recently materialized, quickly running ahead and fluttering up to some of the purple flowers, and succinctly plunging its beak into one of the lavender blooms. What happened next was breathtaking. The Oricorio's signature pom-poms were shed as its plumage slowly transformed from yellow to the same lavender as the flowers around her. At the fronts of her wings, fanlike tufts of feathers grew out to replace the lost pom-poms. Lastly, the old yellow crest feathers of the pom-pom form vanished, replaced with purple feathers that somewhat resembled the head dressings of a geisha. With that, Oricorio gave a lower-pitcher, but distinctly contented chirp, and returned to Mint's (free) shoulder, leaving her with one bird on each. Celeste squawked in surprise, as Mint gave a small giggle.

"A little ghostly performer after all, huh? Well, if that doesn't settle a name for you, I don't think anything will. So, how does Fantina sound to you?" Mint asked the tropical bird, getting the same contented chirp in response. "Fantina it is! I think she'd love you, you know."

-----

The next day's end found Mint sitting in the Malasada shop on Royal Avenue. After a day of some of the most intense battles of Mint's life, she was at once relieved and offended to find that there was another option for her to make a good day's pay-Pyukumuku chucking. By no means would she consider a full career change, but considering Mint wasn't exactly one for swimming in public just yet (dysphoria was Like That), chucking, she found, was an equally valid way to enjoy the beaches for her personally.

Still, the hard day's work was done, and she was in the mood for a quick snack before jumping over to Ula' Ula in time to book a motel in Malie City for the night.

Part of the promotional package Mint had been sent was a coupon for a free "Pumpkin Spice Malasada." While Mint was definitely in the mood for a Malasada, she was not a fan of the idea of anything Pumpkin, anything spice, or anything Pumpkin spice, and she wasn't too too sure if most of her Pokémon would be too keen on what was most likely an artificial flavor. That said, she did know one Pokémon of hers would eat the thing regardless: Merengue.

Mint let her voracious Swirlix out as the cashier handed her both of the Malasadas-packaged separately, according to VERY strict orders. Merengue, of course, devoured hers in a near instant, but the moment the Swirlix got that Covetous look in her eyes, Mint returned her to her Poke Ball, ensuring the safety of her own very delicious snack.

-----

The journey to Ula' Ula Island was marked by a very different kind of work. With the defeat and disbanding of Team Skull some years back, their old base of Po Town was finally getting restored and the settlement's development was finally being resumed and completed. Of course, capable Trainers with capable Pokémon were always appreciated (and well paid) for their service. Still, as she gathered up more of the wrecked debris from the old mansion that Guzma had made his base in long ago, she found a little something else in all the wreckage: a gleaming silver bottle cap. Thinking it simply more refuse, she picked it up, but before she could carry it out, another Trainer stopped her in her tracks.

"Hey! That Bottle Cap! Do you think I could have it!?" they said, catching Mint by surprise.

"Uh, I guess? You collect 'em or something?" Mint replied, confusion evident on her face.

"No, there's supposed to be a guy on Melemele who will train your Pokémon to their very best if you have one of these, though. Pokémon who were thought to be at their maximum level, and he manages to make them even stronger! I'll toss you a thousand for it!" the guy responded, clearly eager enough for two.

"Well, personally, I don't think I have any Pokémon this guy would be wanting to train, and an extra buck is an extra buck. Why not?"

The two traded, Mint happily pocketing her extra cash and the guy getting back to work with a little much enthusiasm for what the nature of the transaction had been.

-----

The sun was setting over Iki Town, but the Halloween festival was only just getting into full swing. Mint had to hand it to Kahuna Hala: if nothing else, this man knew how to throw one hell of a party.

Which, of course, meant that Mint was taking neither her first nor her last time-out to recharge her batteries from being around so many daggone people.

The costumes here were very many and very impressive, to boot. While Mint was saving her best showing for perhaps another year yet, that didn't mean she wasn't prepared with a costume for the night. Even Celeste's usual pink bow had been swapped out for one matching the one her Trainer currently wore, the Chatot cheerfully reminding passers-by to donate to Hakurei Shrine.

...Mint mmmmay or may not have had to fend off a few people who took that seriously, but her latest acquisition was one she didn't mind keeping. The Pokémon-sized tiki mask in her hands seemed very well made-the only question now was who would be the one to wear it-Mint couldn't think of any one of her team off the top of her head who would necessarily want it. But, perhaps, all things in time. For now, Mint leaned up against a nearby house to watch the Alolan Marowak dance from afar.

...she wanted one of them, she realized. Not to wear the mask she'd just gotten, but...in general. She'd always wanted a Cubone for a Kantonian Marowak, but perhaps a pair wouldn't be all that bad either, she thought to herself.

The festival stretched long into the night, though the remainder of her itinerary saw her retiring somewhat earlier than most.

-----

After a quick visit to the Aether Foundation, acquiring an imitation Beast Ball in the process, Mint found herself back where she'd started, on Poni Island. More specifically, she'd traveled to the far reaches of Poni Breaker coast, to the secluded Ruins of Hope. As Sprocket supplied the unnerving question as to the nomenclature of the place (Mint hoped it wasn't where hopes were laid to ruin, and wasn't that a proposition?), Mint slowly and steadily made her way to the inner chamber of the ruins.

She arrived to the inner chamber, golden light filtering into the space as the sun set. Mint sat down before the idol statue with a quiet sigh, crossing her legs and bowing her head.

Tapu Fini...I'm not really from around here, as you probably figure, but, knowing what the people say about you, what you can do...I admit I wondered if you could help me. And it's been eating at me the whole time I've been here, so now...here I am.

I...have a lot of anxieties on my mind. Every day. From the rational ones to the ones I know are false, that still get the better of me anyway. I don't know if that's some kind of impurity you could wash away, but...well, if you could, I would like that. Though, I understand that it is your will, not mine, to be done, please, consider it? Thank you.

Mint continued to sit in silence, wondering if Tapu Fini had heard any of her prayer, or if they had, whether they would respond. The golden light faded into the dim purples of the night as the water rushed around the edges of the interior chamber.

After some time, there was no response. Mint got up with a sigh, trying not to feel too upset or disappointed in case Tapu Fini was still tuned in to her. Absently, she laid a hand on the idol statue, and suddenly, her vision went dark. A voice rang in her head, feeling like it was coming from her hand, which she realized had her Z-Glove.

IT WILL BE DONE.

As Mint's sight returned, she stumbled back as Tapu Fini's form shot past her head, flying around the upper walls of the inner chamber before alighting before Mint once more, the shell opening to reveal the island guardian's true form.

Tapu Fini's eyes met Mint's as clear, glowing water and mist in equal measure began to coalesce around the pair. Mint could almost feel the weight be washed off of her shoulders as she was calmed, her worries of the future placated.

Thank you, Tapu Fini...

-----

(OOC: Hoooooo man! Alright, time for administration.

Fed Merengue the Pumpkin Spice Malasada! Merengue learned Covet!

Got the Tiki Mask!

Got the Bea5t Ball!

Sold the Silver Bottle Cap for $1000!

Thanks TKF for giving me the prompt for this chunk of writing! Happy Halloween, all!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 11-02-2019, 03:20 AM   #5
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Drake heard of the news of the Halloween event taking place in alola and was one of the many to head back over there.
Ughhh but he hated planes... Too cramped and not enough fresh air for his liking, plus all of his pokemon save for small ones had to be inside their pokeballs.

But it was worth it to see where his father grew up in a alternate time line and where his sister currently resided.

He planned on asking her to come to Gateway with him. He was lonely without visitors and the only other person from his world after he broke the Timeshard. And until they grew or found another one He and his sister along with their starters were stuck in this dimension unable to visit thier family.

Melemele island was obviously the best place to start. And while he was here he highly doubted that Alola would revert to an old state because his world's Alola went through three such phases and this seemed to be this worlds first.

Haouli city. Drakes memory took him far back to when he was a little kid, running up the city streets with Wolfe.
Drake didn't have to worry about a costume because he phase shifted partially with Wolfe so he gained werewolf characteristics.

It didnt take long for Drake to find Krelia's scent and he let his nose lead him about the city, it was a day old scent so he wasn't sure if she was still in the city or not. She could possibly be on another island. Granted it wouldn't hurt to call her, but there was no need for that because he and her could... "Feel " where each other were located.
Some would be confused as to why Drake was allowing himself to wander about the islands even though he knew exactly where his sister was, but to Drake he thought he could use the excersize because he extremely dislikes the lack of mobility on planes.

Along the way throughout the city he came across a Silver bottle Cap.
He could sell that to collectors later if he wanted to.

Soon enough he came to the docks and without skipping a beat he bought a ticket to board the ferry to UlaUla island, along with getting a tour haunted ride to the Lake of the Moone.
It took them to the outskirts of the Lake with a bunch of jump scares and actors in suits, with a few giving out candy to kids.

Drake decided to slip a Pumpkin Spiced Malasada into his bag after tasting one, because no doubt one of his pokemon would love one.

After ditching the main tour group, Drake approached the Lake of the Moone with confidance.
Walking through the ruins he was reminded of how he first discovered his ability given to him thanks to a Mew.

There she was. Krelia. Sitting around with two flutes and a Tiki Mask and nodding at her brother to take the other one.

"Its futile you know. They aren't ready to procure another one, and the ones from this realm have been tamed by four young individuals " Drake said softly.

Krelia nodded and still pointed for him to sit next to her.
" I know, but I want to do a song before I leave here to come.with you " she spoke softly

Drake didnt say anything and somemly picked up a Sun Flute and joined his sister in playing a Haunting melody over the shores of the lake....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

About an hour later Drake an Krelia got ready to board the plane, Krelia slipped a bracket of Bea5t Balls into Drakes bag, a small gift she picked up from one of her old friends at the Aether Foundation.

Claiming all Items
*1 Pumpkin Spice Malasada
*1Silver Bottle Cap
*1 Tiki Mask
*1 Bea5t balls

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 11-02-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Claiming rewards for myself! Feeding the Pumpkin Spice Malasada to my Wartortle so that he can learn MT Counter!

Old 11-09-2019, 11:44 AM   #7
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Welp before I forget and miss out, I'm gonna pick these:
  • Pumpkin Spice Malasada
  • Tiki Mask
  • Bea5t Ball (I am deeply curious how exactly they look like tho...)
  • Silver Bottle Cap (ie 1000$)
Old 11-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Jess sat on the beach watching the tranquil waves lap the shore, as a small fox and pangolin played together at its edge, both as white and shining as the glittering crystals beneath them. Heaping piles of sand together to create a makeshift mound fort, reminiscent of the igloo structure she first found the shy Sandshrew in. Despite her reticence to removal back then, she seemed to be finally opening up a bit to her teammates, particularly one of similar origin. Which is why Jess had wanted to bring the two alone back to their "motherland", to witness the world from whence their ancestors came for the first (and perhaps last) time.

The girl herself felt guilty for having failed to behold the islands' beauty before now, back at the height of their glory and tourism boom. Now many were moving on to explore the greener pastures of Galar, and truth be told she was a mite jealous they were forging ahead of her, whereas her flight was unfortunately delayed a day so she'd have to wait a little longer to join the rest of the crowd. Already she was receiving e-mail messages expressing excitement from an old close pal who was just starting his journey there. As she scrolled though his sendings, she smiled at seeing his sense of wonder and ecstasy, despite their... trepidations over setting foot in the land after hearing of all the troubling unrest and civil protests surrounding the region's policies, particularly when it came to strict travel ban regulations regarding certain Pokémon species. Some had called for a boycott of crossing the border entirely, resulting in a much lower than expected turnout in plane ticket sales for the continent's grand opening of its gates to the public and acceptance of foreigners in the first place. It reminded her of the turmoil at the time Fizzytopia underwent its own shift in power, and while hopefully in time the Galarian government would listen to its citizens' concerns and lift the harsh visitation restrictions (as well as improve the landscape in order to make it more appealing to prospective migrants), it seemed negotiations wouldn't be making progress anytime soon.

Regardless of all the negative press the place had been receiving in the news the past few days, Jess looked forward to finally arriving and taking in the scenery for herself. She'd barely been outside her Base for the past few years, and her last actual trip outside the country had been to her homeland Unova what felt like ages ago. Circumstances hadn't allowed her to plan any expensive outings in some time, but now she at last had managed the means to make the maiden voyage to a new nation along with the masses, and she could hardly contain her own enthusiasm to encounter and play alongside her peers in a fresh setting for the very first time (since living under a rock also meant she'd missed out on leaps of technological development in her absence to training).

In the meantime though, she was content to soak up the last few drops of warm sun and fully bask in enjoyment of her brief afternoon in Alola, relaxing beneath a palm tree as she leaned back against the bark, listening to its leaves sway overhead. Looking over the souvenirs she'd picked up from the street market's blow-out sale, her eyes fell upon the Tiki Mask, which she raised up to the golden rays as a quote ran across her mind...

"Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do those people... think of you... as a friend?"

"What makes you... happy? I wonder... What makes you happy... Does it make... others happy, too?"

"The right thing... What is it? I wonder... If you do the right thing... Does it really make... everybody... happy?"

Jess mentally ran through her roster of team members, some of whom she sadly knew she'd have to leave behind or else she wouldn't be able to pass customs inspection. ...One of which included Zoom, who was busy burrowing deep in the bank and popping up at intervals to surprise her vulpine playmate, who yipped and chased after each hole in puzzled curiosity. She still had hardly spent much time getting to be with either of them, it hurt her heart to know she couldn't take even a couple of her newest recruits along on an adventure who needed it most. With a heavy sigh, she summoned the pair over to explain the situation, and to her surprise Zoom listened carefully and - after some thought - nodded in acceptance. Whilst still slightly nervous, she'd grown stronger with more confidence, and was determined to prove it by handling her own for a while. Besides, it wasn't like she'd be completely on her own back at base. She and the rest could hold down the fortress, and would be happily waiting for Jess whenever she got back.

Impressed by such a show of maturity, Jess melted at the promise and assured she'd return as soon as possible, with lots of goodies and stories to share. As advance proof and apology, she unwrapped the pumpkin Malasada she'd purchased earlier, and whilst Makoto drooled over the delicious-looking and smelling bread (reminding of her beloved meat buns), she politely stepped back and allowed the one who deserved it more to claim her prize. The Ice-Types then curled up in their trainer's lap, feeling like two frozen lumps numbing her legs, yet Jess didn't mind the cold as the three gazed out at the gorgeous sunset over the ocean. Truly, she felt blessed to have so many good and understanding companions - and who knows, perhaps beyond the horizon at tomorrow's distant destination, she'd meet some new ones to bring back home...

OoC - Picking up:

1x Pumpkin Spice Malasada (teaches an Egg or MT Move)
1x Tiki Mask
1x Bea5t Ball
1x Silver Bottle Cap

Feeding the Pumpkin Spice Malasada to Alolan Sandshrew to teach her MT IRON TAIL).

Thanks, and happy late Halloween! Hope to see you all soon in Galar~
Old 11-20-2019, 01:53 AM   #9
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]
Happy hAlolaween!

Collecting these before I forget.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Picking up the following items, thanks:

1x Malasada: Teaching MT Gunk Shot to my Phanpy
1x Tiki Mask
1x Bea5t Ball
1x Silver Bottle Cap
Old 11-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #11
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Picking up these spooky goodies!
Using the Pumpkin Spice Malasada to teach Munchlax EM Zen Headbutt
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Almost forgot this.

Collecting the Malasada, Tiki Mask, Beast Ball, and Bottle Cap.
Using the Malasada to teach Elekid EM Hammer Arm
Thanks y'all.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #13
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Claim:
Pumpkin Spice Malasada
Tiki Mask
Bea5t Ball
Silver Bottle Cap

Use: Pumpkin Spice Malasada on Houndour
New Move! Houndour learned Uproar! (MT)

Happy Halloween!
Old 11-28-2019, 04:16 PM   #14
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Welp, guess I'm not being fancy this time after all. At least I'm picking stuff up!

*Obtained a Pumpkin Spice Malasada, and used on Patel the cubone!*
*Patel learned MT Stealth Rock!*
*Obtained a Tiki Mask!*
*Obtained a Bea5t Ball!*
*Obtained a Silver Bottle Cap, and turned it in for $1,000!*

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 11-28-2019, 05:07 PM   #15
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

Claiming
x1 Bea5t Ball
x1 Silver Bottle Cap
x1 Tiki Mask
x1 Pumpkin Spice Malasada (using it to teach Sophie the Minccino MT Gunk Shot)
Old 11-30-2019, 11:20 AM   #16
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Happy hAlolaween!

It had been a long time since Alice had taken a trip anywhere, but with the huge price drops on Alolan flights, now seemed like the type. It always felt weird spending Halloween in a place that wasn't on the frosty side, but it was interesting to see how the region's people were celebrating. The Silver Bottle Cap felt like her first trick until some guy at the airport paid $1000 for it, and she was grateful for the Tiki Mask, packed away to be used for later.

With the hype around the area down, Alice had been able to steal one of the rare vacant rooms at HanoHano Hotel on Akala Island, and she and her Pokemon were definitely grateful for the luxurious rest. She'd been able to bust out the more summery garments again, unpacking only a few things from her storage before heading to sit outside. She had one of the fancy fake 'Bea5t Balls' in her tote incase anything nearby on the beach caught her eye for catching, but right now, Alice was just lazing under a parasol, sat at a table with some food and her monsters.

One of them was her bright pink Poochyena, Celine, tucking into the Pumpkin Spice Masadala. The young woman smiled, making small talk as they enjoyed their food. She was still tired, still not in top shape, resting in the sun would surely lift her spirits. And Celine, having finished her treat, had learned EM Poison Fang! It would be a happy Halloween, for sure.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #17
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

This event is officially closed to new entries
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records