Old 12-20-2020, 09:06 PM   #251
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
What I know is:

Spoiler: show
BotW Link is actually a time frozen Link from centuries past, and the Zelda in the current timeline is a reincarnation of the Zelda Link knew in the past.

Calamity Ganon is a mindless version of regular Ganon.

That's about it.
That's... only about 20% accurate.

Spoiler summary ahead for both BotW and AoC then:

100 years ago, Calamity Ganon revived and wreaked havoc on Hyrule despite the populace's preparations, by taking control of the ancient technology they had unearthed in order to try and fight back - namely the Divine Beasts and Guardians, the latter of which you might've seen look like giant spider-y robots. Link fell to the corrupted Guardians trying to protect Zelda, who had yet to awaken her sealing power. Her mother had died when young before they could begin her spiritual training, and without guidance she struggled to evoke the Goddess blood within her (see Skyward Sword for more info on how Zelda herself is a reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia), suffering from severe self-esteem issues as a result. Her father would only put more pressure on her to devote herself to prayer, out of desperation due to the looming prophecy foretelling Ganon's return and not knowing any better recourse. He harshly forbade her from studying the ancient relics, which she found comfort in as she possessed a keen knack and passion for science. Beyond her personal interest, Zelda believed it the best way for her to be of use if she could not harness her own latent ability, but her father saw as only a distraction from her "duty" as princess.

While Zelda was finally able to access her sealing power when Link's life was threatened, it was too late - he had suffered fatal wounds, and needed to be placed in the "Shrine of Resurrection" in order to recover. However, it would take 100 years for his body to fully heal, and he would lose his memories in the process. Zelda instructed her followers to take him there, while she went to Hyrule Castle alone and placed herself and Calamity Ganon into stasis as well, holding on with all her might while waiting for the hero to arrive. The kingdom enters an era of tenuous "post-apocalyptic peace" as 100 years slowly pass, Link eventually opens his eyes, and the game takes place. By the end, he reaches Zelda just as her strength is starting to fade (according to game timeline logic obviously) and the Calamity is once again released. They manage to defeat Ganon together, and Hyrule is saved - sorta, considering all their friends and family are still dead, among the countless other civilians killed in the initial attack. The two are still their same selves from 100 years ago, just among the few only living survivors from that time (and in Link's case, lacking memories depending on how many the player chose to unlock).

In Age of Calamity, it's revealed that as a child, Zelda either built or repaired her own miniature "Guardian" as a companion - named "Terrako" - which also became her emotional support after her mother's death. Her father took it away though, thinking it a "toy" that she should no longer be playing with and instead focus on her training. When Zelda's powers were triggered, they also had a remote side effect of reactivating Terrako, who had been dormant inside a box in her room at the castle. Heeding her wish to "protect everyone", it somehow opened a temporal rift and traveled back to shortly before the Calamity struck. (Whether Zelda's power infused it with time-traveling capabilities or it possessed them all along is unclear.) Suffice to say, this created another new split timeline where they do manage to succeed in stopping the Calamity the first time around.

From here, I'm just gonna copy my thoughts from the description of the video:

While the story can be considered contentious for many reasons, after thinking on it, I've come to the conclusion that this *was* a well deserved ending - or rather potential outcome. It is the culmination of all of Zelda's personal efforts and hard work that didn't get to fully bear fruit in the main timeline, if only she had been permitted to pursue her passion for research and relics. Here, everyone's survival and happiness - including her father's - is a direct result of her ingenuity in crafting Terrako as a child. BotW had hinted that Zelda's knowledge of ancient technology might have proven key to total victory 100 years ago had she been allowed to nurture it (along with her sealing power), and AoC now provides canon confirmation that it is the case. ...And I can gladly accept that.

TL;DR Techie nerd Zelda is valid and AoC shows how following one's heart and dreams (preferably with parental love/support as extra encouragement) can make all the difference thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Edit- To clear up what the video depicts:

Terrako sacrificed itself during the battle with Calamity Ganon, resulting in it being broken. The True Ending has it reassembled and reunited with Zelda; the ending shot of her looking at the viewscreen is from Terrako's perspective as it recognizes her. (Incidentally the Sheikah text above her face reads "Zelda".)

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-21-2020 at 03:27 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #252
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Just wanted to pop in and say I loved your last ayano works (never mind I’m almost half a year late >>) Esp the august 15 one, the blue and orange tones on her dress to reflect her skin and the sky really bring the image together!

Also terrako ;~;

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #253
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say I loved your last ayano works (never mind I’m almost half a year late >>) Esp the august 15 one, the blue and orange tones on her dress to reflect her skin and the sky really bring the image together!

Also terrako ;~;
Thank you, Hon! <3 (Did you get to play Age of Calamity yourself?)
Old 01-06-2021, 03:36 AM   #254
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

That's... only about 20% accurate.

Spoiler summary ahead for both BotW and AoC then:

100 years ago, Calamity Ganon revived and wreaked havoc on Hyrule despite the populace's preparations, by taking control of the ancient technology they had unearthed in order to try and fight back - namely the Divine Beasts and Guardians, the latter of which you might've seen look like giant spider-y robots. Link fell to the corrupted Guardians trying to protect Zelda, who had yet to awaken her sealing power. Her mother had died when young before they could begin her spiritual training, and without guidance she struggled to evoke the Goddess blood within her (see Skyward Sword for more info on how Zelda herself is a reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia), suffering from severe self-esteem issues as a result. Her father would only put more pressure on her to devote herself to prayer, out of desperation due to the looming prophecy foretelling Ganon's return and not knowing any better recourse. He harshly forbade her from studying the ancient relics, which she found comfort in as she possessed a keen knack and passion for science. Beyond her personal interest, Zelda believed it the best way for her to be of use if she could not harness her own latent ability, but her father saw as only a distraction from her "duty" as princess.

While Zelda was finally able to access her sealing power when Link's life was threatened, it was too late - he had suffered fatal wounds, and needed to be placed in the "Shrine of Resurrection" in order to recover. However, it would take 100 years for his body to fully heal, and he would lose his memories in the process. Zelda instructed her followers to take him there, while she went to Hyrule Castle alone and placed herself and Calamity Ganon into stasis as well, holding on with all her might while waiting for the hero to arrive. The kingdom enters an era of tenuous "post-apocalyptic peace" as 100 years slowly pass, Link eventually opens his eyes, and the game takes place. By the end, he reaches Zelda just as her strength is starting to fade (according to game timeline logic obviously) and the Calamity is once again released. They manage to defeat Ganon together, and Hyrule is saved - sorta, considering all their friends and family are still dead, among the countless other civilians killed in the initial attack. The two are still their same selves from 100 years ago, just among the few only living survivors from that time (and in Link's case, lacking memories depending on how many the player chose to unlock).

In Age of Calamity, it's revealed that as a child, Zelda either built or repaired her own miniature "Guardian" as a companion - named "Terrako" - which also became her emotional support after her mother's death. Her father took it away though, thinking it a "toy" that she should no longer be playing with and instead focus on her training. When Zelda's powers were triggered, they also had a remote side effect of reactivating Terrako, who had been dormant inside a box in her room at the castle. Heeding her wish to "protect everyone", it somehow opened a temporal rift and traveled back to shortly before the Calamity struck. (Whether Zelda's power infused it with time-traveling capabilities or it possessed them all along is unclear.) Suffice to say, this created another new split timeline where they do manage to succeed in stopping the Calamity the first time around.

From here, I'm just gonna copy my thoughts from the description of the video:

While the story can be considered contentious for many reasons, after thinking on it, I've come to the conclusion that this *was* a well deserved ending - or rather potential outcome. It is the culmination of all of Zelda's personal efforts and hard work that didn't get to fully bear fruit in the main timeline, if only she had been permitted to pursue her passion for research and relics. Here, everyone's survival and happiness - including her father's - is a direct result of her ingenuity in crafting Terrako as a child. BotW had hinted that Zelda's knowledge of ancient technology might have proven key to total victory 100 years ago had she been allowed to nurture it (along with her sealing power), and AoC now provides canon confirmation that it is the case. ...And I can gladly accept that.

TL;DR Techie nerd Zelda is valid and AoC shows how following one's heart and dreams (preferably with parental love/support as extra encouragement) can make all the difference thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Edit- To clear up what the video depicts:

Terrako sacrificed itself during the battle with Calamity Ganon, resulting in it being broken. The True Ending has it reassembled and reunited with Zelda; the ending shot of her looking at the viewscreen is from Terrako's perspective as it recognizes her. (Incidentally the Sheikah text above her face reads "Zelda".)
I actually didn't know Age of Calamity was the BoTW sequel, I thought it was just..a descriptor for a certain segment of the story.
I guess my impression of the original story was gravely mistaken.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #255
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
I actually didn't know Age of Calamity was the BoTW sequel, I thought it was just..a descriptor for a certain segment of the story.
I guess my impression of the original story was gravely mistaken.
"Prequel", technically. Fans are still waiting on news of the BotW2 release date.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #256
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Killing three birds with one stone here lol

A quick Momo doodle for V-Day/Lunar New Year~

Old 02-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #257
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

BORKED

“Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.”
-2B, Nier Automata

Happy Zelda 35th Anniversary.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:01 PM   #258
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey My monster children <3

"Your eyes are not a sin. Don't ever be ashamed of them."

Happy Nier Replicant release day~
Old 05-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #259
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Filled for a prompt on tumblr: "Ayaki, what if you wrapped yourself around Shintaro's shoulders like a scarf? That'd look cute!"

Old 05-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #260
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

UMM, is she a

ghost?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #261
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
UMM, is she a

ghost?
Manga ending spoilers:

At the conclusion of the manga, it's revealed that Shintaro's snake is in fact the Ayano of manga Route 2, who sacrificed her life by asking Marry to use it in order to create a new eye power: "Me ni Yakitsukeru" or "Retaining Eyes". ("Ayaki" is thus my personal nickname for her, as a portmanteau of "Ayano" and her previous fanon name "Yaki"). In this timeline, Ayano never actually met Shintaro in school, as she dropped out after both her parents were killed in the landslide, which she was also caught in but returned from the Daze alone instead with her Favoring Eyes and knowledge of the time loops thanks to meeting Azami. Yet, despite being relative strangers, Shintaro became determined to help her and her siblings survive, even after he lost his own sister Momo when Clearing Eyes possessed Hibiya and pushed her off the roof of a building. Ayano grew to greatly admire him, as she herself had given in to despair to the point of initially wanting to kill Marry (who was her adopted sister in this route) in order to end the cycle. Hence her desire to gift the "Retaining Eyes" Ability to him after confessing her feelings, in hopes he'll be able to find a way to finally escape the tragedy once he remembers everything.

Basically, she's been stuck inside Shintaro's mind throughout all the routes thereafter, unable to do anything but simply observe, forced to watch her family die over and over again whilst recording it all and waiting for him to awaken his power. (Not to mention seeing him suffer out of guilt over her own "other self's" death, in some cases even committing suicide himself.) For the many instances he does move past his grief and try to become a "hero" though, I imagine her love for him has only deepened over time - which I find much more believable than her developing feelings from their "regular" relationship wherein he treated her like trash before she died. >.>;

Technically she's not a ghost but rather trapped inside his head for eternity (until the day the "wish" to save everyone is granted and she ultimately disappears ;(), so this scenario couldn't really happen, but I liked the concept so nyeh. =3= The requester probably meant for her to be wrapped in snake form anyway but I just wanted to take it in a different direction. ='3

Tl;dr Snek Aya is best Aya and Jin somehow managed to actually make me ship ShinAya(ki)

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-24-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #262
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Sadly the first one only counted as "???"... OTL

Not exactly art, but now that I've finally finished filling out my Photodex in Snap gonna post some of my fav edits:

Boo!

High Five!

Party Time!

If you like Pika Coladas

Cowabunga!

Catch of the Day

Flying Fish*

Jaws*

Date Night

Om nom nom

3, 2, 1... Liftoff!

Taste the rainbow~

7.8/10 too much water

Penguin Parade

Princess Prayer

Crystal Princess

[
Leaky Ceiling

*Re-Snapped to be centered

Post-game:

]

Lord of the Sun

Let it go

Starlight
Old 07-25-2021, 12:50 AM   #263
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria haven’t done much of the post game so I haven’t seen any of those special pokemon :’D

These are great yuki!! My faves are the Alolachu and the miniorbow, though I have no idea how you managed to get the latter’s picture :O

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 07-25-2021, 09:38 PM   #264
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
These are great yuki!! My faves are the Alolachu and the miniorbow, though I have no idea how you managed to get the latter’s picture :O
It's hard. You have to

scan the sands in the beginning of the course to find buried Minior cores and hit them with Illumina Orbs to get them all out. Recommend just watching a vid guide (as I ended up doing with a lot of requests lol), as you have to be fast since there a bunch to keep track of.
Old 08-14-2021, 11:00 PM   #265
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

BORKED

Happy Kagerou Day.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:01 AM   #266
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Couldn't decide which version I liked best:

HBD my love <3

Edit- Background from here.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 11-22-2021 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #267
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Holy shit it’s been a while since I’ve logged on here, hi everyone

This looks really good Yuki! Nice job on the suit and drawing the side braid because those are SO tough to do DX All the colors work well but I’d have to go with the classic deep red because that’s what I think of when I see Ayano, ya know?

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 04-07-2022, 10:33 PM   #268
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Help I've fallen deep into Submas hell and can't get out

PLA spoilers-ish:

Based on this.

Glitch version:

(Idk how to combine the two images together and make it glitchy sorry.)
Old 04-14-2022, 09:01 PM   #269
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

PLA post-game spoilers:

We don't talk about Volo

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-15-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:36 AM   #270
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Is that Tina?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-15-2022, 09:25 PM   #271
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Is that Tina?
I'm guessing you mean Giratina and not this, if so the answer is yes. (Also yay for it being recognizable despite my laziness lol.)

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-15-2022 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:30 PM   #272
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

All aboard the pain train choo-choo

Anyway more spoiler crossover stuff:

Welcome to my womb

P.S. Bald Ingo doesn't exist he can't hurt me. (I literally started drawing this yesterday and had to imagine his hair under the hat Gamefreak why. OTL)
Old 04-18-2022, 11:00 PM   #273
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Not really art since I don't have the energy to draw a full parody but here's a stupid edit I made:

AU where Emmet joins the International Police and hunts down Volo with Looker and Anabel to bring the stupid pointy-haired bastard to justice.

P.S. Please picture Volo screaming "I am Judgment" and feeding apples to Giratina.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:31 PM   #274
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Another crossover bc I'm going insane:

Old 05-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #275
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey