UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:12 AM   #201
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet ($30)
No special moves.
There were a lot of Shupet. Kawaii was lost in thought while watching them whirl around. One little one caught her eye. It was staring at her with the exact same exspression as her. The pinkettes friend Kieth had highly recomended a shuppet to her. As the female trainer watched it the ghost type slowly stuck out it's tounge. This made Kawaii giggle and the shuppet smiled back and amplified the trainer's hapiness. She felt the puppet pokemon erasing her stress and negative emotions. Kawaii onpened the cage and the shuppet flew into her arms with joy.
OoC: Buying this baby with $30 and pokeball 03 of 10.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #202
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Girafarig ($30)
No special moves.
He thought he was done visiting the Adoption Center, but as he left the facility with Joanna he noticed a pair of strange horses with what looked like extra heads on their tails galloping around in a large enclosure outside. He just had to come back one more time and see just what they were.

Once Hyrem was given permission to enter, he let the two yellow horses with dark brown hindquarters approach him, one having less dark brown than the other, and the worker explained this difference as an easy way to determine gender; males were divided between the two colors equally while females had the dark brown coloration begin further towards their hind legs. "Huh, well let's take a look at them with Dexelle," he said before conferring with his Pokedex:

Girafarig, the Long Neck Pokemon. While Girafarig have highly developed brains for using their psychic powers, their tails are sentient and have brains of their own. This separate head reacts to any scent and sound and has no need for sleep, allowing it to keep watch while the other head rests, and anything that comes too close to it risks being bitten and held while the main body determines what to do with its captive. Girafarig are officially considered herbivorous, eating grass, seeds, and saplings, but any plant matter growing on Grass Pokemon, as well as small Grass Pokemon themselves in rare circumstances, are also part of their diet. While the main head eats, the tail head also makes chewing and swallowing motions and sounds, sometimes in perfect synchronicity, suggesting a strong telepathic bond between the two heads.

"Cool, so they really do have two heads!" he remarked before reaching out to touch the pink noses of each Girafarig, the pair bobbing their heads in response before inspecting the hand in front of them. Hyrem's gaze is then on a smaller enclosure right next to the one he was in, with a third Girafarig, another female. Next to the gate stood a sign which read, "DO NOT LET NEAR GRASS POKEMON". "What's the deal with that one?" he asked the worker.
"Oh, her? She really likes to chase after Grass Pokemon and try to eat them, so we keep her separated from the other two so we know who's who, but we can probably let her run around with the others for now." The worker then unlatched the gate between the two enclosures, opening the way for this second female to join the other two, both of them giving friendly greetings to the third. It seemed the three of them were totally fine with each other, it was just that this third Girafarig was apparently a bit odd.

And Hyrem really liked odd Pokemon.

He approached the three Psychic-types and held out his other hand so they all could inspect it. This time, while the first two acted normally, the third one walked past his hand straight towards his face and sniffed there before lowering her head towards one of Hyrem's Pokeballs. "Huh? This one? ...Okay, sure, I can bring him out." Once he tossed the Pokeball in the air, out popped a Tropius from behind him, his long neck lowering over his trainer's shoulder and curious about the new Pokemon in front of him. Immediately, all three Girafarig's eyes lit up as they noticed the fruit hanging below Palm's chin, four pieces of ripe, yellow bananas at the time, and their own long necks craned straight for the fruit, each one wrapping their long tongues around their own piece of fruit before pulling them off of their new friend's chin, leaving one left. As they enjoyed their snacks, Hyrem looked at the dangerous looking heads on their tails, and, sure enough, they seemed to be experiencing the same thing their main heads were.

At least, that was the case for the first two. The third's tail head seemed to have a mind of its own as her whole body was positioned alongside Palm's, and the tail head was looking at the large leaves he normally uses for wings and started to open its mouth, ready to clamp its jaws on the vegetation. "Oh, Palm, look out!" Hyrem called out, causing the Tropius to reflexively move his wings without really knowing the danger that could have befallen them, meaning the gnarly jaws gnashed at nothing but thin air. At the same time, Palm was turning his head to see what was going on, which gave this crafty Girafarig the ability to grab the last piece of delicious fruit all to herself. The other two horses looked at the scene with a twinge of jealousy, they wished they could have that last piece of fruit for themselves. That chain of events sealed the deal for Hyrem at that point.

He walked to the other side of Palm, where this cheeky Girafarig stood, and put his hand up to her face. "I don't think you'll have to worry about her anymore, not if I take her at least!" His hand ran up and down her neck, stroking it, causing her to bray happily and start to nuzzle him. "I've got plenty of tough Pokemon to raise, what's one more? Besides, I think you'll really like where we live, there's tons of plants, great places to climb, and tons of friends too! Ready for a new home...Janice?" Her large eyes stared long and hard at him as he talked, and as she stared between him and Palm she soon gave both a lick under the chin, the latter one likely an attempt to get one last taste of the fruit, before she said her goodbyes to the other two Girafarig. And with that, Hyrem would obtain another of only a few Pokemon that weren't trying to stuff themselves with meat...at least not most of the time.

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Female Girafarig
Payment: $30
Pokeball: (#25/30)
Old 06-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #203
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Darumaka ($30)
No special moves.
Paying $30 and adopting this cutie, and putting her in a Pokeball, diminishing my stock from 6 to 5.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #204
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Slakoth ($30)
No special moves.
Adopting this guy and dropping him in Poke Ball 4/5 from registration.

$30 before I forget.

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM   #205
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Cubchoo ($30)
No special moves.
Another ten days and another visit. The staff of the adoption centre were probably getting used to seeing the young woman's face. She was always friendly to them on the way in, asking them how they were and letting them know her adoptees were getting on just fine and about anything particularly notable or charming that had happened since the last time they had seen them.

It was sunny outside, and she was dressed for it, the flat material of lattice leather sandals catching the hard floor as she passed the small enclosures. Coming in always made Alice wish that she could adopt every single creature that sadly caught her eye, but as always this decision had come with plenty of thought. Someone had already taken the Emolga she had considered, which made her life easier, but having her options narrowed down to two made this feel crueler than usual-- as illogical as it seemed.

Coming to a halt, the trainer was ready with a Poke Ball in hand. She'd already paid her $30 on the way in. Blue eyes set on a cold bear, one that looked naturally sad with an eternally dripping nose, fur a mixture of snow white and a blue of a different hue. "Hey there, little lady. I'm Alice." She greeted kindly, coming off as sweet and maternal as ever, "You might have seen me in here before picking up some of your friends. This time I thought you could come home with me, if that's what you'd like to do? I have another ice type at home, and I love bear cuddles if that's what you need." She added hopefully. On a warm day like this, snuggles from a Cubchoo would be perfect.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #206
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Poliwag ($30)
No special moves.
Adopting this fella. $30 payment, placing in a standard Poke Ball.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:52 PM   #207
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Deerling ($30)
No special moves.
Adopting this Deerling with $30. Putting her in this Pokeball (15 of 50, last used here).
Old 06-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #208
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Dropping off Lv 1 M Togedemaru with I guess, maintenance care? He doesn't have anything to lose either way since he is just base level with no extra moves.

Bye little one! I know you'll find a home where you'll get the attention you deserve!
Dropping off of Lv. 01 (M) Togedemaru for Maintenance Care confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Dropping off Lv. 1 Female Cottonnee to the Adoption Center - reversion care (not that it probably matters either way, but she does have boutique coloration that would need reversing).

Sorry to do this so close to your birthday - hopefully, someone will pick you up soon and celebrate your birthday with you!
Dropping off of Lv. 01 (F) Cottonee for Reversion Care confirmed.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #209
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Togedemaru ($30)
Picking up this little one and placing him in Pokeball #9, last was used here.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #210
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Cottonee ($30)
No special moves.
Adopting this adorable fluffball, $30 here, putting in my second-to-last Pokeball.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #211
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55 View Post
Adopting this little guy with $30 and putting him in a regular Pokeball.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Gible confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #212
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
The bell chimed as the door to the Adoption Center opened and Gary entered once again. He told himself that he would stop coming back here, but it was becoming an addiction to him. Even though he felt a little guilty that with so many Pokemon on his team he wouldn’t be able to give them all equal attention all of the time, Gary knew that he could at least provide a comfortable home for them in his Secret Base in the Cloud Garden. Even if it was just one Pokemon at a time, Gary couldn’t turn down the urge to come waltzing back in here and pick out a new potential friend to rescue and take care of. On top of that, the scientist in him wanted to find new species of Pokemon to observe in a more natural setting, or so that’s how he rationalized it to himself.

Gazing up and down at the Pokemon sitting in various kennels, terrariums, and aquariums, it was the latter that remained on his mind today. As he peered over at the section of water Pokemon swimming in the fish tank, a particular one caught his eye. With a tall pink body, the Alomomola seemed to bring Gary back to his days in Unova where he studied and dove with the variety of aquatic species from the region. Alomomola in particular seemed to trigger a soft spot in his memory of a professor he once studied under, an older man who hailed from Kanto that everyone seemed to refer to as “The Fish Doctor.”

Gary smiled as he snapped out of his stroll down memory lane and approached the counter. “Hi there, I’m becoming a regular around here I suppose. I’ve seen that Alomomola in here for a while now, so I thought I might be the one to give it a proper home.” Gary offered up the proper payment of $30 and walked back over to the fish tank with a Pokeball in hand. “The aquarium I have at home is a bit bigger than this tank you’re in. Would you like to like to go see it, Sensei?”

Adopting that lv.1 male Alomomola please. <payment>

Alomomola, the Caring Pokemon. It gently holds injured and weak Pokémon in its fins. Its special membrane heals their wounds.

The tanks are all too small for who lives in them, which isn't to say the staff hasn't tried. Alomomola, the largest of the aquatic Pokémon to be kept inside, is in the largest aquarium in the room, yet he's only just got room to swim -- that's just the reality of a place like this. There aren't the resources to give each Pokémon the care it could receive under a dedicated trainer! But... that's why you're here, isn't it? Like so many others -- including the manager -- you're just a bit of a sucker, coming back again to take in yet another cute face that "needs" you. This time, it's Alomomola.

...he's pretty cute.

He lists at the edge of the tank as you approach, offering him a nice home; peering up at you with lidded eyes. It isn't as though he needs to charm you; you've already paid your fee and handed over the cash, but as the staffer prepares your paperwork, he stares at you unyieldingly. Knowingly. Lovingly?

Can fish love?

Can humans love?

What is love?

The staffer returns with a clipboard and a ballpoint pen, so that you may finalize the adoption. Already, Sensei has posed the first of many questions upon your soul. Good luck.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Alomomola confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #213
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu-Tales View Post
Paying the $30 fee to add this 'un to my team and putting it in a Pokeball.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (-) Bronzor confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #214
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The Adoption Center. Every so often it bustled with activity these days, between the insane overabundance of Pokémon available for adoption, and the relaxed restrictions on adoption meant to counter that first thing. A number of Trainers have been makign repeat visits to the Adoption Center, adding to their teams and giving many Pokémon new homes. One such Trainer was going in the Adoption Center right now.

Keith Masters looked around. Even with all the adoptions going on in recent weeks, the place was still relatively packed. He had come here today with the intention of lightening this load somewhat, providing a good home for yet another Pokémon. The only question this time was, what Pokémon would it be?

"Morning," Keith greeted the man behind the counter.

In response, the man clapped his hands over his ears. "Agh! Not so loud," he whined.

Keith blinked. He really hadn't been that loud. "Uh..." he murmured, quieting down somewhat. "Are... you OK?" he asked.

"Ugh... yeah, I'm good," groaned the man. "Sorry, sorry, it's just... one of the Pokémon here kinda just really fucked with my ears earlier. It's actually a shame- not even his fault, he just gets overexcited, and then... well, yeah. Nobody who's considered adopting him has actually adopted him. It's really dampened his spirits. So... what can I do for you today?" he asked.

Keith, whose eyes looked somewhat moist by this point, spoke up. "Well, you can show me to this Pokémon you were talking about," he stated.

"Oh, dis is gonna end well," Meowth remarked sarcastically.

The Adoption Center employee had similar concerns as well, but by this point, Keith had something of a reputation going for him- half his team was basically a bunch of misfits that he took in, that became like family to him. Many of them being Pokémon that other Trainers wouldn't, and didn't give any consideration to, be it due to species, gender, or some sort of personality quirk that didn't endear that Pokémon to most. Considering all the success Keith's had with previous Pokémon he took in, the employee considered, maybe this was the very chance that Pokémon had been hoping for.

Keith followed the employee- this Pokémon wasn't being kept in the front room with most of the others. "He started getting overexcited whenever anyone started coming in the shop, and... well, it never ended well," explained the employee. "We've had to keep him isolated. It's really a shame, too..." he trailed off, unlocking a door, and allowing Keith to walk through it.

The room contained a number of small trees growing out of pots, as though to make an inhabitant feel at home were said inhabitant accustomed to wooded areas or something. However, as Keith looked around, no Pokémon made itself visible to him-

"YAN! YAN YAAAA!"

All at once, the sound hit Keith's ears. Apart from the voice, which in and of itself wasn't so bad, there came a droning sound that went through his head with all the gentle subtlety of getting stabbed by an Escavalier. Keith gasped and covered his ears, an ultimately futile gesture, though the droning died down rather quickly as the source landed on one of the trees- one short enough that by landing on it, its face was level with Keith's. Wishing that the ringing in his ears would die down as quickly as the droning did, Keith pointed his Pokédex at the apologetic insect.

"Yanma, the Clear Wing Pokémon. A Bug and Flying-type," said Keith's Pokédex. "Yanma flaps its wings at high speed to generate shock waves to attack, though these shock waves can destroy nearby windows. Its eyes can see 360 degrees without moving its head, and it is highly skilled at flying."

"This Yanma's not that good at keeping its wings in check," explained the employee, who ahd entered the room once Yanma had quieted down. "We had to put in this room- reinforced windows. Completely Yanma-proof."

"Yeesh," Keith murmured. He could see tears in Yanma's large eyes- once again, his wings had screwed him over, haven't they? But then he saw Keith approaching, a reassuring smile on his face. "It's OK, Yanma," he said. "I know you didn't mean to make those shock waves, right?"

"Yan? Yan yaaa!" Yanma exclaimed, grinning once more. And once again, his wings started flapping, and once again, Keith found himself clutching his head, as well as Meowth. Yanma hastily tried to stop himself once more upon noticing this.

"OK, it's fine," Keith said as Yanma looked down out of embarrassment. "Yanma, it's OK. You just need to learn a little control over those wings, yeah? You figure out how to only make shock waves on command, figure out how to only send them towards opponents in battle, you'll be great."

"Yan ya?" Yanma said, now looking up at Keith.

Keith smiled at Yanma. "Come with me," he offered Yanma. "We'll make a great team, I know it."

"Yan! Yan ya! Yan ya!" Yanma cheered. This time, Keith covered his ears before the headache-inducing soundwaves started. Did it help? Not a lot. Was Keith about to change his mind? Hell, no. Indeed, Yanma finally managed to stop his wings once more, at which point Keith dug something out of his backpack- a regular Poké Ball. It had been a while since he used one of these, having favored a variety of variants as of late, but sometimes you just can't beat the classics. Also, he kept putting off his Poké Ball shopping trip. Nevertheless, Yanma's eyes lit up at the sight of the sphere in Keith's hands. His wings flapped once more, and this time he used them to take flight, ramming right into the Poké Ball's button. The Bug/Flying-type was sucked inside, and the ball barely wiggled before falling still.

"Oy," groaned Meowth. "Dis is gonna be painful, isn't it?"

"Oh, relax, Meowth," Keith grinned. "The windows at home are all reinforced, don't forget. We can train this guy with no problem." And he tossed the ball into the air. "Yanma, come on out!" he added.

Yanma reappeared in a flash of light, landing on Keith's head. "Yan ya?" he buzzed.

Keith smiled. "Welcome to the team, Yanma," he said. "All you need now is a nickname, yeah? I like the sound of Colin, what do you think?"

"Yan! Yan yaaa! Yan yaaa!" cheered Yanma, involuntarily beating his wings once more. Keith's head was throbbing at this point, but he still smiled reassuringly at his new Yanma. Or, who would soon be his new Yanma. All he needed to do now was to pay for him. And, on the advice of the employee nearby, he also withdrew Colin prior to returning to the main area of the Adoption Center. It'd take some doing before Keith could bring Colin out wherever he pleased, a lot of training, but he felt like he was up to the challenge. And his head would feel the same way, given a little time for the throbbing to die down.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 male Yanma. Paying 30 for him, putting him in a regular Poké Ball (#1 of 5), naming him Colin, and declaring his Ability to be Compound Eyes.

Tate had wondered once if fish could love. Well, according to one of the staffers, insects absolutely could.

Keith Masters had come again, and taken up another 'problem' Pokémon; a Yanma prone to shockwaves. It had been a source of great trouble since its arrival, breaking instruments and causing no small amount of suffering to human and Pokémon alike. It had had to be isolated, much like Pena had been, and much like Pena, it had been both sad and frustrating to deal with. It wasn't a surprise, to see he'd come and gone with something needing a little extra push; that was just his style. Tate could relate.

Entering the isolation room, Tate exhaled. It would be a pain to haul all the potted plants back out into the lobby. Where had they stashed the dolly? They had a ton of leftover ibuprofen. What would they do with it now? It would expire before they'd use it all...

Picking up the first of many plants -- a smaller one, meant for a tabletop -- Tate wondered if Mr. Masters had a PokéGear or Pokétch or PokéNav or whatever-else-the-kids-were-using-these-days number on hand; they could likely donate the excess to him! Tate chuckled at the idea.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Yanma confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #215
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Adopting this Darumaka, putting him in a Pokeball and paying $30 for him.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Darumaka confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #216
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

Another day, another visit to the adoption center. It certainly wasn't as busy as when she had arrived to pick up Artemisia, but there were still a couple faces among her beyond the usual staff members. Elka looked around, the cages still held many Pokemon, far too many in her opinion. The faces of the sad Pokemon peering out at her broke her heart, she wished she could save every single one of them. Her crutches clicked down the halls as she made her usual rounds, attempting to figure out which little angel she could possibly take home with her today. Pascal, curious as he was, sniffed at some of the bottoms of the cages; wondering what sort of Pokemon could be residing within them. She rounded various corners, peering into each cage that rested along them. There were a couple Pokemon that caught her eye, but each had far too many people around them for her to even attempt to get close.

She walked towards a certain wing of the adoption agency, this area seemed quite empty compared to the others. The only thing around her were the white walls and floors, as well as a few cages. Pascal strut ahead of her, glancing into each cage as he passed --- until one seemed to catch his eye. He paused, glancing at whatever was inside.

"Ee, eevee?" He murmured, titling his head at whatever was resting inside the cage. Elka heard motion from within the cage, moving slightly closer. Whatever moved seemed to back up hearing the loud clacks of her crutches, Elka felt a little bad, peering into the cage. She saw a small squirrel-like Pokemon, it's large hazel eyes were filled with all sorts of emotions. The creature seemed to give a little smile, realising that Pascal and Elka weren't bad people.

"Em... em-emolga..!" He seemed a little shy, keeping his eyes on Pascal.

"Eevee! Eve!" Pascal looked really happy talking to the creature, and although Elka couldn't quite make out what they were saying, she knew it must have been positive in nature. Pascal looked up at Elka, gesturing towards the Pokemon. Elka knew what she had to do, she signalled an employee and got them to unlock the cage. This little guy was going to be joining them on adventures starting today, and his eyes seemed to light up upon watching his cage open.

"How do you feel about the name Fletcher?" Asked Elka. The Emolga smiled brightly, giving a vigorous nod as he followed his new trainer out of the building.

((Adopting this lil guy in a regular Pokeball, here's the $30 for him. Also, declaring his ability as Motor Drive.))

Not bad people.

You named him Fletcher. The staff is getting used to seeing you now, and Pascal, too; he's pretty well behaved, most of the time.You're quiet and polite, waiting for them to open the cages and enclosures for you. You're a pleasant girl to have around; memorable for your unobtrusiveness.

The manager has begun to recognize your name on the adoption forms, as well. On hands and knees, alone after closing hours, the bird keeper contemplates what sort of home 'Fletcher' has gone to, while scrubbing out the cage to prepare it for future inhabitants. What sort of trainer are you? How do you raise your Pokémon? Sweep out bits of kibble; throw the dirty blankets in a laundry basket. Sterilize the metal walls with chlorhexidine. The home he's gone to it likely much warmer than this place; Tate hopes it is a place without bars.

The staffer who took the fee and helped with the paperwork said Fletcher looked happy. That was all that mattered -- happy, healthy, and safe. Tate lined the cage with fresh blankets. Every time a Pokémon walks out of here with a trainer, it's putting its trust in that human to keep it safe and happy; that's a huge amount of faith to have in another living creature. What did Fletcher see in Elka to warrant that trust?

Having never met the young woman, Tate was curious to know.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Emolga confirmed.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #217
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorby View Post
Snagging this little guy for $30.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Elgyem confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:33 AM   #218
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
There were a lot of Shupet. Kawaii was lost in thought while watching them whirl around. One little one caught her eye. It was staring at her with the exact same exspression as her. The pinkettes friend Kieth had highly recomended a shuppet to her. As the female trainer watched it the ghost type slowly stuck out it's tounge. This made Kawaii giggle and the shuppet smiled back and amplified the trainer's hapiness. She felt the puppet pokemon erasing her stress and negative emotions. Kawaii onpened the cage and the shuppet flew into her arms with joy.
OoC: Buying this baby with $30 and pokeball 03 of 10.

Shuppet, the Puppet Pokémon. Shuppet is attracted by feelings of jealousy and vindictiveness. If someone develops strong feelings of vengeance, this Pokémon will appear in a swarm and line up beneath the eaves of that person’s home. It roams through cities in search of grudges that taint people.

A small blurb hangs by each cage, tank, and enclosure, with excerpts from the Pokémon’s regional Pokédex entry. These colorful slips of paper, with bold print and photographs of the Pokémon in its natural setting, are meant to pique the curiosity of visitors, and entice them into adopting. The above was what hung next to the closure loosely assigned to the Shuppet. Typically empty -- for how do you keep ghosts contained -- they happened to be content to play together in the general vicinity of their assigned space that morning, much to the relief of many a nervous intern and shall-shook volunteer.

It’s a special one you’ve gotten; not like the others, a staffer notes, as you fill out your paperwork. It behaves atypically to what has been traditionally observed in the species; rather than steeping itself in negative emotions, it does quite the opposite, preferring the positive. The cause of such an aberration in behavior was unknown, he explained, going on and on about how unusual it was, and how cute she is, and how he spent a summer in Hoenn during his undergraduate, nearly to the point of rambling. The end of the paperwork can’t come fast enough. Adoption fee paid, he waves you out the door chipperly, looking like he still has more to prattle on about.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Shuppet confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #219
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
He thought he was done visiting the Adoption Center, but as he left the facility with Joanna he noticed a pair of strange horses with what looked like extra heads on their tails galloping around in a large enclosure outside. He just had to come back one more time and see just what they were.

Once Hyrem was given permission to enter, he let the two yellow horses with dark brown hindquarters approach him, one having less dark brown than the other, and the worker explained this difference as an easy way to determine gender; males were divided between the two colors equally while females had the dark brown coloration begin further towards their hind legs. "Huh, well let's take a look at them with Dexelle," he said before conferring with his Pokedex:

Girafarig, the Long Neck Pokemon. While Girafarig have highly developed brains for using their psychic powers, their tails are sentient and have brains of their own. This separate head reacts to any scent and sound and has no need for sleep, allowing it to keep watch while the other head rests, and anything that comes too close to it risks being bitten and held while the main body determines what to do with its captive. Girafarig are officially considered herbivorous, eating grass, seeds, and saplings, but any plant matter growing on Grass Pokemon, as well as small Grass Pokemon themselves in rare circumstances, are also part of their diet. While the main head eats, the tail head also makes chewing and swallowing motions and sounds, sometimes in perfect synchronicity, suggesting a strong telepathic bond between the two heads.

"Cool, so they really do have two heads!" he remarked before reaching out to touch the pink noses of each Girafarig, the pair bobbing their heads in response before inspecting the hand in front of them. Hyrem's gaze is then on a smaller enclosure right next to the one he was in, with a third Girafarig, another female. Next to the gate stood a sign which read, "DO NOT LET NEAR GRASS POKEMON". "What's the deal with that one?" he asked the worker.
"Oh, her? She really likes to chase after Grass Pokemon and try to eat them, so we keep her separated from the other two so we know who's who, but we can probably let her run around with the others for now." The worker then unlatched the gate between the two enclosures, opening the way for this second female to join the other two, both of them giving friendly greetings to the third. It seemed the three of them were totally fine with each other, it was just that this third Girafarig was apparently a bit odd.

And Hyrem really liked odd Pokemon.

He approached the three Psychic-types and held out his other hand so they all could inspect it. This time, while the first two acted normally, the third one walked past his hand straight towards his face and sniffed there before lowering her head towards one of Hyrem's Pokeballs. "Huh? This one? ...Okay, sure, I can bring him out." Once he tossed the Pokeball in the air, out popped a Tropius from behind him, his long neck lowering over his trainer's shoulder and curious about the new Pokemon in front of him. Immediately, all three Girafarig's eyes lit up as they noticed the fruit hanging below Palm's chin, four pieces of ripe, yellow bananas at the time, and their own long necks craned straight for the fruit, each one wrapping their long tongues around their own piece of fruit before pulling them off of their new friend's chin, leaving one left. As they enjoyed their snacks, Hyrem looked at the dangerous looking heads on their tails, and, sure enough, they seemed to be experiencing the same thing their main heads were.

At least, that was the case for the first two. The third's tail head seemed to have a mind of its own as her whole body was positioned alongside Palm's, and the tail head was looking at the large leaves he normally uses for wings and started to open its mouth, ready to clamp its jaws on the vegetation. "Oh, Palm, look out!" Hyrem called out, causing the Tropius to reflexively move his wings without really knowing the danger that could have befallen them, meaning the gnarly jaws gnashed at nothing but thin air. At the same time, Palm was turning his head to see what was going on, which gave this crafty Girafarig the ability to grab the last piece of delicious fruit all to herself. The other two horses looked at the scene with a twinge of jealousy, they wished they could have that last piece of fruit for themselves. That chain of events sealed the deal for Hyrem at that point.

He walked to the other side of Palm, where this cheeky Girafarig stood, and put his hand up to her face. "I don't think you'll have to worry about her anymore, not if I take her at least!" His hand ran up and down her neck, stroking it, causing her to bray happily and start to nuzzle him. "I've got plenty of tough Pokemon to raise, what's one more? Besides, I think you'll really like where we live, there's tons of plants, great places to climb, and tons of friends too! Ready for a new home...Janice?" Her large eyes stared long and hard at him as he talked, and as she stared between him and Palm she soon gave both a lick under the chin, the latter one likely an attempt to get one last taste of the fruit, before she said her goodbyes to the other two Girafarig. And with that, Hyrem would obtain another of only a few Pokemon that weren't trying to stuff themselves with meat...at least not most of the time.

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Female Girafarig
Pokeball: (#25/30)

Food. Carbon and Nitrogen. The building blocks for our cells. We all need to consume to live and living is definitely on the top of the list of most organisms’ to-do list. There’s no shame in nature when it comes to eating; it’s a brutal, ‘mon-eat-’mon world.

Having said that, this particular Girafarig creeped the staff out pretty significantly.

Sure, they tried to be understanding. A lot of the Pokémon which came into the Adoption Center had peculiarities; that’s why they were there, after all. But that Girafarig… it was just weird. The way it’s vestigial would eyeball the Hoppip floating by, or leer at the Oddish as it dug a burrow… yikes.

Multiple staffers watch from the doorway as you fill out the paperwork, mumbling to each other. You can’t hear what they’re saying, but they grow quiet as “Janice” is led into the lobby on a rope, read to be assigned to her new Pokéball. They stare at her. They stare at you. She whinnies, happily. The staffers disperse, a bit quickly. The internet helping you with your paperwork smiles as you sign your name, and takes the clipboard back quickly, as if to prevent you from changing your mind.

“Thank you, sir,” she says. “Good luck on your adventure.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Girafarig confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #220
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Paying $30 and adopting this cutie, and putting her in a Pokeball, diminishing my stock from 6 to 5.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Darumaka confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #221
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenAeons View Post
Adopting this guy and dropping him in Poke Ball 4/5 from registration.

$30 before I forget.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Slakoth confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #222
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Another ten days and another visit. The staff of the adoption centre were probably getting used to seeing the young woman's face. She was always friendly to them on the way in, asking them how they were and letting them know her adoptees were getting on just fine and about anything particularly notable or charming that had happened since the last time they had seen them.

It was sunny outside, and she was dressed for it, the flat material of lattice leather sandals catching the hard floor as she passed the small enclosures. Coming in always made Alice wish that she could adopt every single creature that sadly caught her eye, but as always this decision had come with plenty of thought. Someone had already taken the Emolga she had considered, which made her life easier, but having her options narrowed down to two made this feel crueler than usual-- as illogical as it seemed.

Coming to a halt, the trainer was ready with a Poke Ball in hand. She'd already paid her $30 on the way in. Blue eyes set on a cold bear, one that looked naturally sad with an eternally dripping nose, fur a mixture of snow white and a blue of a different hue. "Hey there, little lady. I'm Alice." She greeted kindly, coming off as sweet and maternal as ever, "You might have seen me in here before picking up some of your friends. This time I thought you could come home with me, if that's what you'd like to do? I have another ice type at home, and I love bear cuddles if that's what you need." She added hopefully. On a warm day like this, snuggles from a Cubchoo would be perfect.

You pay your fee on the way in; a bewildered staffer looks at the money in her hand before clipping it to a blank adoption form, unsure of what else to do, leaving it at the front desk for such time as when you check out.

Though you’re torn on which poor soul you’re here to rescue today, you find yourself stopped in front of a large crate, where a small bear sits, dripping snot, in a non-threatening manner. You’re endeared, and your tormented mind is made up: this is whom you’ve come for. A male staffer helps you open the crate, and he walks you to the front desk to begin the paperwork, where your adoption fee is already waiting. Used to the brief questionnaire by now, you fly through the form with ease. Sitting on the countertop, the saffers hands around her waist to keep her from squirming away, the Cubchoo watches you, occasionally swatting at the pen in your hand, finding the moving objecting enticing. Then, she stops. Inhales.

Achoo!

Snot goes everywhere. All over you. All over the form. All over the staffer’s hands. He grimaces, but -- a champ at his job -- he then ducks behind the counter, and pulls out a couple of clean towels, and begins scraping the bear’s bodily fluids off of the various surfaces. He even offers you one, to clean yourself off with.

Released from his grasp, meanwhile, the Cubchoo promptly swipes the pen off of the counter, and then holds her arms out to you, apparently seeing about that cuddle you had mentioned earlier?

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Cubchoo confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #223
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Adopting this fella. $30 payment, placing in a standard Poke Ball.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Poliwag confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #224
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schala View Post
Adopting this Deerling with $30. Putting her in this Pokeball (15 of 50, last used here).

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Deerling confirmed.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #225
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
[/size]Picking up this little one and placing him in Pokeball #9, last was used here.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Togedemaru confirmed.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records