UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 05-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #176
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

*Sprinkles Phoenix Down upon this thread and myself*

So this is a thing. I..suppose I have risen from my slumber. Don't ask how I was able to revive myself.
Now it's time for some spring cleaning and to get back into the swing of things. Don't worry I'm taking things slow. No world domination quite yet.

Hope you all have been well :)
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #177
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Glad to see you back!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #178
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, that TM Solar Beam I got in the Easter event, finally posting to confirm its use- teaching Solar Beam to Miror the Maractus.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #179
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Oh hey... I also have a buttload of TMs I should stop clutching like a hoarder.

Teaching Snatch and Thief to my Alolan Meowth, Calix.

Teaching Return to my Leafeon, Vinny.

Teaching Ice Punch to my Alolan Sandslash, Django.

Teaching Avalanche to my Lapras, Ophelia.

Teaching Ice Beam to my Dratini, Leuco... also teaching Leuco one of my two Waterfall TMs.

Teaching Blizzard and Icy Wind to my Absol, Reznor.

*shakes out bag* There's still more... but that'll do for now.

Last edited by Naru; 05-11-2019 at 04:23 AM.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #180
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I have carefully calculated that this should be the right place to ask. Ahem.

So...did SPP kill off Fizzy Bubbles?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #181
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
When Tess and co left FB, they gave us the UPN Branch of FB while taking both SPPf and BMG for themselves, in order to make "Unknown Chronicles". They then abandoned the BMG branch, at which point we took it, and have said also abandoned UC to Aposteriori, who has also since abandoned UC.

The game is basically dead on SPPf.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #182
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I wish we could get back the Serebii branch.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #183
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah UC is dead. One guy gets his candy every Monday. Other than that... Nothing since last year.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #184
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Thanks for filling me in. You all probably could reclaim FB since it is stone dead there but I'm not sure there's enough manpower to handle it across three forums? Well, I might be underestimating the young.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #185
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
There's that thing I've been dreading done and dusted: my bank post.

And now I realise I forgot to claim my birthday money.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #186
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Going to use my Magical Grinchleon Plushie to teach Camouflage to my Treecko (Bond).

Treecko learnt Camouflage!

Thennnnn going to use this Magical Grinchleon Plushie to teach Camouflage to my Chimchar (Bond).

Chimchar also learnt Camouflage!

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-15-2019 at 01:00 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #187
Emp
Volcano Badge

Hi everyone -

What's new around here? Everything by the looks of it.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 09-26-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #188
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Hi everyone -

What's new around here? Everything by the looks of it.
That's an understatement. Welcome back! If I wasn't literally about to go to bed, I'd go into great detail on what all has changed, so I'll give you the short version; old mods out, new mods in, unlimited PC slots, Happiness and IQ more or less combined into one mechanic, and TM restrictions can be lifted but you kinda have to work for it.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #189
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
That's an understatement. Welcome back! If I wasn't literally about to go to bed, I'd go into great detail on what all has changed, so I'll give you the short version; old mods out, new mods in, unlimited PC slots, Happiness and IQ more or less combined into one mechanic, and TM restrictions can be lifted but you kinda have to work for it.
Thanks MM! Yup sure sounds like an understatement, I'll have to do some catch up reading while you're offline.

It's nice to hear the mechanics have been simplified, I always thought the focus should be more on the writing element of the game. Lifting TM restrictions sounds like a positive too, it made for better storytelling when you had a wider movepool to tap into.

Who is still around from the past three years? Has activity been steady?

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #190
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Who is still around from the past three years? Has activity been steady?
Hi, emp! o/ I'm still here, although my activity is pretty spotty lol. I'm sure there are other young'uns around who are more active and up to date.

(On that note I think I just missed the window for Drifloon Day pick-ups. ^^; Whoops.)

: =3= *bakes own Birthday cake*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #191
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Holy shit, there's a relic if I've ever seen one.

It has been too bloody long.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #192
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Hi, emp! o/ I'm still here, although my activity is pretty spotty lol. I'm sure there are other young'uns around who are more active and up to date.

(On that note I think I just missed the window for Drifloon Day pick-ups. ^^; Whoops.)

: =3= *bakes own Birthday cake*
Hi Lilblue! Nice to see you still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Holy shit, there's a relic if I've ever seen one.

It has been too bloody long.
Yup, we were in the same Arcane Realm group together back in 2008. I was finishing secondary school then, now I'm six years into a career living on the other side of the world. Time sure flies.

It's a pretty strange mix of emotions surfing through all of these forums again. Did Tess, Arn and Arc all go inactive after creating a new RPG? I never would have expected FB to exist without them.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #193
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Basically, there was a lot of discontent with how things were being run, and one bad move too many caused quite the civil upset. Even MM thought they had overstepped their boundaries.

Next thing we knew, they were announcing they were stepping down and the community got together to run the game, voting for new mods and rebuilding the game pretty much. As for where the old mods went, they opened something called Unknown Chronicles over on Serebii.

One guy collects a candy there every week. It's super active.

Regarding the mod team, we started with Emi, Gary and Ex-ad, then Ex-ad went AWOL and Naru and TKF were recently voted in. We're in a bit of a slow period right now as things tend to be around Summer, but since the reboot we've had two major campaign events (the War of the Roses and the Abominable Snowdown) as well as a few smaller ones, and currently have a few zones up and running. The discord's also pretty active and everything flows much better.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #194
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Raves pretty much hit the nail on the head, though it's worth noting that Marion was also a mod initially but stepped down. Now for that more in-depth post I promised last night...

PC slots: Back to unlimited and this time it's for good. That was one of the first changes enacted.

Happiness and IQ: Merged into one new mechanic called Bond. Gummis are no longer type-specific. You can convert any IQ and Happiness points into Bond, which has a maximum level of 50. Every 10 Bond points gives some sort of benefit, with 30 Bond being the minimum for happiness/affection evolutions (10 Happiness Points converts to exactly 30 Bond points), 20 Bond Points allows the Pokémon to learn non-standard moves from TMs, and so forth.

Currency: Pokédollars and Fizzy Credits, which are basically staff currency. That's it. Rare Candies are still being given out weekly, but they can no longer be used as payment in shops. Coins are gone completely. And the Heart Scale's effect has been changed- rather than Advanced Move currency, it's now kind of the spiritual successor to the Super Pass- you can use it either to have a Pokémon gain ten levels in the Daycare, or to have a Pokémon learn 5 moves at the Move Tutor. Either of these are in addition to your normal dropoff in that shop, too.

Daycare: Largely unchanged, except you can opt to drop off one Pokémon to gain two levels instead of two Pokémon to each gain one level. Also, Pokémon with maxed Bond gain double levels in the Daycare.

Move Tutor: More or less unchanged, except now you can teach MT moves to Pokémon that can't learn them for a higher price, and you can teach as many moves to one Pokémon as you like/can afford to in a single dropoff. Advanced Moves only cost Pokédollars, but if learned in this shop cannot be taught unnaturally (unnatural Advanced Moves can be taught as a reward for increasing Bond).

Salon, Training Center: Gone. Bond is meant to be gained primarily through RP, and HM moves are now TMs, up for sale along with the others.

Pokémart: Replaced with its spiritual successor, the Department Store. Same basic idea, but now it sells a stock of evolution items that rotates monthly, as well as every single TM and HM that exists in the main series games (so no Dark Void/Seed Flare/Shadow Force/Harden TMs like FB's seen in the past), among other stuff. Overall a better selection. It has also absorbed the Berry Shop.

Egg House: G-O-N-E. Even those of us who made frequent use of it were in favor of it getting axed. You can still get Eggs as staff rewards, in zones, and so forth, and those can be brought to the Hatchery to be incubated for a week and subsequently hatched.

Breeding Center: Turned into the Hatchery- it handles breeding as well as received Eggs. The minimum breeding level is 20, and there is no longer a limit on how many times a Pokémon can breed in its life, but any given Pokémon can only breed twice per calendar year. Also, each member is restricted to four breedings per year in which they receive the offspring- there's no limit in how many times you can breed your Pokémon with someone else's so they can get the Pokémon. Also, you are allowed to trade in your breeding slots for Eggs, but it's quite hard to abuse the system. Oh, and there's now an Old Spice Incense you can purchase, which when used in breeding makes it so the father determines the species instead of the mother, which is how my Ivysaur is the mother of my Druddigon.

Secret Bases: No more Base Shop, no more Real Estate, and no more immensely stupid Secret Base insurance payments. You have free reign, and are limited only by your imagination. My Secret Base is pretty much a small seaside town at this point.

Shadow Pokémon: The mechanic has been completely overhauled. Check out the Realm of Shadows zone on BMG for more details. Purification Points on pre-existing Shadow Pokémon can be converted into Bond.

Z-Moves: They are a thing now. Z-Crystals are pretty much only available in zones and campaigns. There was an Easter event to introduce Z-Moves and Alola Pokémon, which I walked away from with a Shiny female Mareanie and a Poisonium Z. I am somewhat bragging here, but can you blame me?

I... think that's everything? Or at least most of the important points, anyway. I'm willing to bet I missed a detail or two.

Oh- you might be interested to know that Cyanide, the Umbreon who evolved from the Eevee you traded me, is now a mother of two- her daughter is Eon, a Shiny Eevee who refuses to evolve, instead intent on surpassing all Eeveelutions in her current evolutionary stage, and she's already learned a huge variety of moves in pursuit of such a goal. And her son is Leo, a hotheaded Eevee that's just a Flareon waiting to happen. All I'm missing is a perfect opportunity to use the Fire Stone.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 08-16-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #195
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Oh wow, I did not expect to see Emp here! Welcome back! It's been a while since Whale Island~

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:05 AM   #196
Emp
Volcano Badge

It sounds like there's a decent amount of new blood / activity. Could someone link me to the Discord?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Oh wow, I did not expect to see Emp here! Welcome back! It's been a while since Whale Island~
Whale Island, now that was a fun zone to update.

I really enjoyed your adventure, it was the first one I saw through to completion. Nice to see you still have Delilah on your squad, looks like she had a growth spurt too ;)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #197
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ooh, I remember you updating me in Whale Island, too. That adventure sadly never finished, but going up against a Kabutops Skeleton Missingno. was a seriously awesome experience. And getting the Razor Claw I needed to evolve Lenny into a Weavile was just icing on the cake.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #198
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Whoa, I might be late to the party, but welcome back Emp! I'm still alive! (Sorta ^^; ) I would add you to the Discord but I dunno your account ^^; ...unless you're already added. Whoops.

I thought of other changes that wasn't mentioned:

Zone-posting: no need to be stuck at size 1. Thank Arceus and bless those on mobile or horrible eyesight.

Linking: G-O-N-E. Sorta. Only thing that requires linking is stuff with currency, the rest isn't required and in a system of trust.

Calendar/birthdays: Revamped. Presents has been changed/updated, and can now has an extra 3 days of grace after the birthday. Don't remember for how long you have left, but we also currently have a calendar 2.0 which tells you the current FB time/day, the current Pokemon day and the next one. Also, when the new Pokemon will be announced, a big revamp of the dates themselves will be done to make room for the new Pokemon lines, and to make birthdays more appropriate with irl dates.

Boutique: Also revamped. There's a lot more leeway and freedom of how to change your Pokemon's looks, now including deformities/handicaps and sizing (To a certain point.) All changes are no longer fully permanent thanks to the Natural Spray. Sprite-making has to be bought as an extra instead of being given automatically. An RP-based reason is now required to make change requests. Alongside with mega/z accessories, pokeballs can be customizable. There's a lot more but that's already a lot of stuff there ^^;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #199
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Welcome back Emp!

Raves is erasing Marion and I will not stand for this.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:58 PM   #200
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
I'm still alive! (Sorta ^^; )
Who would've guessed that 'Kiku would achieve lichdom before Marion did?

Anyway! Welcome back to these unhallowed halls, o veteran of times before my own! I am Median Dia, a relatively new fellow with a somewhat spotty presence.

On the other hand, the Bulbagarden branch is more active now than it was when I joined, so it should be worthwhile to hit that back up if you haven't yet.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out