UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Is this the guy who made Omega Red? I loved the shit out of that game. Need to pick this up and add it to the "I have a week to play everything" list.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Jeri, do a pal a favor and post or pm me the movelists for Beautifly, Graveller, and Golem. Don't have access to a computer right now and I'm wondering (1) whether to drop the butterfly or not and (2) whether to prevent Graveller from evolving at Level 36 or not.

EDIT: Graveller is 33, Beautifly is 24.

Caught Timid Volbeat, Lvl 18 w/ Swarm. Caught Modest Volbeat, Lvl 23 w/ Illuminate. Had to go with Swarm over Illuminate. So, grinding PAINFULLY SLOWLY this Lvl 18 bug whose ONLY offensive move is a 60 power with 5 PP. >_>

Last edited by Talon87; 12-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #28
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Another observation/problem. You say that Masquerain is your team's experience hog but that certainly doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone on your team is within 1-2 levels of each other. Nobody is way behind nor way ahead. Consider: my strongest two Pokémon pre-Whitney were higher in their levels than any of your current (@ Morty) team! I'm not knockin' your strategy too much, but I do have to say that during Story Mode, it's certainly easier to only raise 2-3 mains vs. 5-6 mains. If we were to take away two levels from your bottom four, we could theoretically give two levels to your top two. (i.e. you'd be 29, 28, 23, 23, 23, and 24 right now). And that could have made a difference. I dunno. In this particular case, maybe not: since Porygon is your best hope against Morty with his Psybeam and his Normal typing. But I'm just saying: you claim to have doted on Masquerain, yet your levels hardly suggest this. Seems like you've spread the love very evenly, for better or for worse.
Thanks, Talon, I realize that.

But I'm not playing just to play through the game. I replay Pokemon games so I can use Pokemon I haven't used before. I like using full teams because I think it's a lot richer experience than just "OMG Pokemon X and Pokemon Y sweep everything!!!111!!" I'd much rather have large teams and play strategically than have small teams and just blaze through the game.

As for Masquerain being an EXP hog, that was more evident before I made an effort to bring my lower few up with a little bit of grinding. Before I did, Masquerain was 27 and my lowest 2 or 3 were 22~23.

Quote:
About your Stunky being your team's Thief ... I thought Drayano said that you didn't have to worry about stealing until you fought the girl trainer who had a Bulbasaur on her team. And since I haven't seen her yet, I haven't been worried about using TM46 yet. Have I missed some items already? Did he actually mean that the theft game begins once you find Bulbasaur on the world map and not what I thought he said? I'm not too worried about it since somebody asked him about Pokésav compatability and he said that yes, the game should work with Pokésav just fine, so I can always hack the items in which I miss. Still, I'd rather try and get the items in-game if I can. Less hassle, more authentic feel.
You probably missed them already - the Juggler before Nat. Park and Firebreather there have TMs for T-Wave and Will-o-Wisp, both of which you can only get the first time. The twins on the route before Ecruteak also have something and Whitney (obviously) has that Life Orb. They're around but they're not all that common, admittedly.
Quote:
Jeri, do a pal a favor and post or pm me the movelists for Beautifly, Graveller, and Golem. Don't have access to a computer right now and I'm wondering (1) whether to drop the butterfly or not and (2) whether to prevent Graveller from evolving at Level 36 or not.
Beautifly only gets Air Slash and there's no change in levels for Golem.

Quote:
Is this the guy who made Omega Red? I loved the shit out of that game. Need to pick this up and add it to the "I have a week to play everything" list.
Yes.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #29
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yikes. No special bug move to replace Bug Bite = boxed Beautifly. No difference between Graveller and Golem, meanwhile, means I can allow that evolution to take place now, cementing Golem's position on my team (or at least until I find a Sassy or an Adamant Graveller in the wild).

I have a level 37 Blaziken now. He's been forced to become the team's unwanted EV dump, sadly, so he's no longer being effort trained all that much. His strongest special attack remains Ember >_> while his three others are Blaze Kick, Double Kick, and Night Slash.

Volbeat is only Lvl 19 but has been left pure, receiving only Speed and Special Attack EVs.

Gastly is still Level 16 and will be boxed eventually.

Fished up a Timid Poliwag. Will need to look into Politoed to see if it's worth it. For now, he's the team Surfer.

Beat Morty, beat the Lighthouse, exploring Mahogany Town inappropriately early just to see who all's in the grass.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #30
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Unless I'm missing something...

Doesn't Beautifly already get Silver Wind and Bug Buzz by level up?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I misinterpreted what Jeri wrote, Kind. That was the problem and the source of your confusion. I asked Jeri to tell me the movelist for Beautifly, so when Jeri told me that "Beautifly only gets Air Slash," I took that to mean that Beautifly was only going to get Air Slash (and mine already had it) and that that was going to be it for the butterfly.

Now I see that what Jeri was trying to tell me was "the only new move Beautifly gets is Air Slash."

And now that I realize that this is what he was trying to say, I'll have to hold off on evolving Graveller still: because Jeri's post is far too cryptic to risk allowing Graveller to evolve only to get stuck with a Golem who learns no new moves. >_> So, until I see a side-by-side list of all the level-up moves for PSG Graveller and PSG Golem, evolution'll have to be denied.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #32
BasedGod
Pokemon Trainer

Hey guys, got a quick question. Sometimes when I play the game, it crashes. Is there any way to stop this or make it happen less frequently? Im playing on the Desmume emulator. Thanks
BasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #33
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>So, until I see a side-by-side list of all the level-up moves for PSG Graveller and PSG Golem, evolution'll have to be denied.

It's not listed in the file. No change.

>Hey guys, got a quick question. Sometimes when I play the game, it crashes. Is there any way to stop this or make it happen less frequently? Im playing on the Desmume emulator. Thanks.

It's a HGSS ROM, so it's gonna crash. There's supposedly a patch around to prevent that but I don't know where it is.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Zero crashes or freezes for me. (CycloDS with latest firmware.) HGSS's built-in anti-piracy measure is frequent freezing, though. So what you're experiencing is actually a part of the game which is meant to only show up when the game isn't being played on a legal pak+console duo. You can try asking your emulator of choice's forumgoers for HGSS help.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #35
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I'm using a FlashCart so I am of little help.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Blaziken, Lvl 44, Calm
  • Att 109, SpAtt 118, Speed 91
  • Blaze Kick, Ember, Close Combat, and Night Slash
  • team anchor. Has been the recipient of much of the game's trash EVs at this point, but has also received his fare share of Att, SpAtt, and Speed EVs too.
Golem, Lvl 37, Naughty
  • Att 112, Def 113
  • Earthquake, Rock Smash, Rock Throw, Rock Polish
  • the team's dedicated recipient for Att and Def EVs. Occasionally receives HP EVs.
Volbeat, Level 23, Timid
  • SpAtt 59, Speed 56
  • Shock Wave, Encore, Tail Glow, Silver Wind
  • Can't wait to be able to start using this guy. Unfortunately, he grows slowly and I haven't seen very many SpAtt or Speed-giving creatures between when I got him (pre-Morty, Lvl 17 or 18 ) and now (pre-Jasmine).
Corsola, Level 22, Timid
  • HP 71, Def 54, SpAtt 54, SpDef 53
  • Surf, Recover, Refresh, Rock Blast
  • Mwahahaha ....... I hope. I caught her at Level 22, so the stats you see are her raw stats. And so far, all she's gotten is +1 SpDef EV and that's it. Haven't really used her much yet because I don't know how I want to use her.
Beautifly, Level 27, Mild
  • SpAtt 73, Speed 59
  • Air Slash, Morning Sun, Mega Drain, Bug Bite
  • brought back from the PC after Kind's post. Wishing she'd !@#$ing learn some good new moves and fast. Air Slash is nice but I need Bug Buzz!! >_>
Tropius, Level 29, Hardy
  • ---
  • Fly, Cut, ---
  • HM whore since nobody of the previous five could learn Fly. Taught him Cut because I needed him to know it in order to reach Suicune (b/t Ecruteak and Mahogany).

Comments, Notes:
1. Scyther and Heracross can be found in the patch of grass right before you enter the Safari Zone plaza. Their levels are in the high 20s. They have low catch rates (believe me!), so either bring tons of balls or else be prepared to soft reset a ton. Scyther knows False Swipe and Wing Attack. Heracross knows Brick Break.

2. Chuck was surprisingly easy. His Breloom's AI wasn't smart enough to pull off SubPunch @ Toxic Orb @ Poison Heal. At least not for me: your results may vary.

3. Because I can't Earthquake Jasmine's Bronzong and because Blaziken can't OHKO it with Blaze Kick yet, I decided to postpone Jasmine and to go ahead and do the Lake of Rage trainers for now.

4. Haven't once attempted to steal any items (hate that aspect of JRPGs , I get too OCD about it and have to attempt to steal from every creature and it slows things down way too much), so I'm sure I've missed out on quite a few things by this point. Will need to PokéSav them in later.

5. Lack of SpAtt EV training hot spot makes me cry.

6. Feeling once again like I'll re-abandon this game since it's much too similar to HGSS (for better or for worse) and I've played HGSS fully twice in the last year alone, so ... yeah.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #37
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
Does anyone here know a good Mac emulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
Metagroß: Male Beldum
Metagroß is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled Metagroß' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, Metagroß sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon Metagroß' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, Metagroß has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:04 AM   #38
Ebbxior
Pokemon Trainer

Probopass

This is quite good so far, and I am only up to Sprout Tower, with a Treeko and Surskit. Anyone know any good programs for editing the Pokemon Types? I wish to make the Shinx line Dark/Electric, and Grovyle/Sceptile Dark/Grass, amongst other misc type changes, just for some more fun.
Ebbxior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #39
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbxior View Post
This is quite good so far, and I am only up to Sprout Tower, with a Treeko and Surskit. Anyone know any good programs for editing the Pokemon Types? I wish to make the Shinx line Dark/Electric, and Grovyle/Sceptile Dark/Grass, amongst other misc type changes, just for some more fun.
You would need to download the same modding program that the creator used.

I think they have a link to it on their video. But why you would want to make Luxray, who's name is partly deprived from light (Lux is light in latin) is beyond me. They aren't even a dirty fighter.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #40
Ebbxior
Pokemon Trainer

I only want to do it cause he seems the type who should be dark, mainly from his appearance. Whilst it does not make a lot of sense, considering his name and whatnot, I would just be in it for a pure gameplay change, rather than keeping with the established canon. I did not see a link to the program on the video, but will keep an eye on this topic. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #41
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbxior View Post
I only want to do it cause he seems the type who should be dark, mainly from his appearance. Whilst it does not make a lot of sense, considering his name and whatnot, I would just be in it for a pure gameplay change, rather than keeping with the established canon. I did not see a link to the program on the video, but will keep an eye on this topic. Thanks.
Ah, I see. Just to give him STAB on Crunch and Night Slash. Eh, interesting. But, remember, he's black because he's based off X-rays, nothing to do with darkness.
Quote:
Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #42
Ebbxior
Pokemon Trainer

Doing good so far, just up to Whitney

Magnemite - 26
Shroomish - 17
Grovyle - 21 (Will box this pretty soon)
Masquerain - 24 (It is a total beast :o, but may replace it to have a surfer)
Stunky - 25
Mime Jr. - 16 (was gonna be Abra, but I did use him in a Blue run a while back).

No idea what I will replace Grovyle with. I have decided not to have a permanent flying type, instead opting just to have one in the box to draw out when I need transport

Last edited by Ebbxior; 02-08-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #43
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Interesting fact: This thread is the first link to come up on Google when you search for Spirit Gold.

Which means I'm on UPN at school. Weird.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's been that way forever. >_> Where do you think all of these random people came from?

Never did pick it back up. =\
Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #45
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Interesting fact: This thread is the first link to come up on Google when you search for Spirit Gold.

Which means I'm on UPN at school. Weird.

0_o

*Tries it out*

DUDE. UPN IS ON THE MAP.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #46
Talon87
時の彼方へ

*smacks head with hand even harder this time*

UPN has been "on the map," i.e. Page 1 Google hit, for a number of things for many years. Some more recent examples include Pokemon Spirit Gold or Remember11, but I know UPN's been a Page 1 hit for so many things in the past. I bet if you were to do a search for Kaiji or Ever17 we'd come pretty high up on the list too. Posting from phone right now else I'd check it myself!

Yeah, have fun with it. You should try to Google some other things you think got talked about a lot on UPN and perhaps not elsewhere. Less "Wotter" or "3DS", more "supwise."
Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #47
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

The only reason I made the comment is because a friend of mine was looking it up and saw the link and my name, so.

It's just weird for me since UPN never is really IRL for me.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #48
Shinx
Pokemon Trainer

Been playing for the past few days and have to say it is really quite fun and the right amount of challenging. Not so hard that I ragequit but also difficult enough to keep me thinking/strategizing.

The third and fourth gym took quite a while and a few restarts but finally got them down and now I have Entei (lv40) and Celebi (lv30), so I'm hoping those two will be very useful.
Shinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON