UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 12:11 AM   #4751
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Well it depends on what you want really? There is obviously stuff like Yazi, Michael, Dark Strike Fighter, Black Rose Moonlight Dragon...well I'll just list all the ones I think might be relevant...Ancient Pixie Dragon, and Arcanite Magician.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #4752
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think the best choice is an old friend, Ancient Fairy Dragon. I forgot why I got rid of her? I think it was because I dropped Level 7 completely. She definitely helps fuel loops, and I can actually kind of sit on the 3000 defense.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #4753
Princess Ana

Quote:
Amorphage Irritum
Earth Dragon / Pendulum / Effect
PS5 LV8 2750/0
Pendulum Effect:
During each of your Standby Phases, destroy this card unless you Tribute 1 monster.
(1) While you control an “Amorphage” monster, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead, except “Amorphage” cards.
Monster Effect:
(1) Neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Amorphage” monsters.
Quote:
Amorphage Cavum
PS5 LV4 0/2050
Pendulum Effect:
During each of your Standby Phases, destroy this card unless you Tribute 1 monster.
(1) While you control an “Amorphage” monster, neither player can chain cards or effects.
Monster Effect:
(1) If this card was Pendulum Summoned or flipped face-up, neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Amorphage” monsters.
Quote:
Amorphage Olga
PS3 LV4 1650/0
Pendulum Effect:
(1) While you control an “Amorphage” monster, neither player can Tribute monsters, except “Amorphage” monsters.
Monster Effect:
(1) If this card was Pendulum Summoned or flipped face-up, neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Amorphage” monsters.
Quote:
Amorphage Infection
Spell Continuous
You can only use the (2)nd effect of “Amorphage Infection” once per turn.
(1) All “Amorphage” monsters on the field gain 100 ATK and DEF for each “Amorphage” card on the field.
(2) If a monster in your hand or on your side of the field is Tributed, destroyed by battle, or destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 “Amorphage” card from your Deck to your hand.
i need an adult
Old 12-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #4754
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Doesn't look too terrible to me. They can't chain Wavering Eyes or any other set to your Twin Twister.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #4755
Princess Ana

That's only if Cavum is set. Why would you set Cavum when you can set Irritum and get the Macro effect?

This archetype already looks like literal cancer (pretty sure the continuous spell works with Wavering Eyes) and its not even fully released yet.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #4756
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Dude was trying to shark me, and had me go first, but I won anyway:

I'm still not 100% certain on my deck composition. Running Omega makes it feel like Stardust Dragon isn't needed, but this format I haven't been punished so much by Raigeki. At the same time, I've barely used AFD.

When that new Level 6 Synchro comes out, I might run double Farfa + discards to handle non-Dark Law floodgate monsters.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #4757
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

EmEm is pretty nuts, but there's an high variability in what they summon. And a high variability in the quality of players running the deck.

This guy, I should have lost. He had two Notice and one Warning set, and I destroyed only one Notice and Warning. He waited until Dark Law to use Notice when he couldn't. And at that point I'd pretty much won the game outright.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #4758
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Pendulum buttmad!

If ROTA wasn't limited, I would re-tool me deck for maximizing the first turn explosion. Pendulum decks are just SO omnipresent now, I could run Anti-Spell Fragrance and fudge them over really badly. But I'm built for going second. :V
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #4759
Princess Ana

Kin don't look

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
Wind Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV8 3000/2500
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
(1) Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when another monster’s effect activates: You can negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it, and if you do that, this card gains ATK equal to that destroyed monster’s original ATK, until the end of this turn.
(2) During damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent’s Level 5 or higher monster: This card gains ATK equal to that monster’s current ATK during this damage calculation only.

holy shit
Old 12-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #4760
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm not a huge fan of the Clear Wing series. It's just far too vulnerable to Spells/Traps, and with that kind of investment you might as well go into something with more staying power.

It's kind of interesting it requires a Synchro monster. I could certainly cycle through Level 8 while pumping Librarian, but there would be little reason to sit on Clear Wing after that. Kind of a weird card.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #4761
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yang Zing player opened poorly, and I got possibly an ideal hand.

He drew two extra to see his next draws, but really had only two cards in hand. On his next turn, I would have triggered Durendal and banished both. Then, during his next draw, used Omega to snipe his single draw. Then, on his next turn after that, I would have used Hand Destruction and banished his two cards again.

Effectively, I would have been able to do 10,000 damage a turn, and the opponent would have zero cards to play for 3 turns. About as close to Yata as mechanically possible in the modern game.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-12-2015, 02:12 AM   #4762
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I remember right after the meta nuke, I think after Dragon Rulers and Prophecy at their prime, when Noble Knights and Bujins were the most broken cards ever.

Times have sure changed? Trishula being free is certainly a boon against them, but the real killer has always been Dark Law, and now Twin Twister.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #4763
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What is this guy talking about?

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #4764
Princess Ana

Quasar is lame sauce. Real men use T.G. Halberd Cannon.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #4765
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I love how Dark Law is off to the side, like, the guy means that he thinks the only thing on your side of the field is the dragon and then there's poor Dark Law over there like, "Umm, hellooooooo? Guys? Guuuuy-uuuuuys ... " The Invisible Man. Poor Dark Law. ^^;

(Disclaimer: yes, I realize what he's actually saying is that he's underwhelmed that after all of Doppel's Synchro combo'ing the pay off is a "mere" Quasar.)
Old 12-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #4766
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I love how Dark Law is off to the side, like, the guy means that he thinks the only thing on your side of the field is the dragon and then there's poor Dark Law over there like, "Umm, hellooooooo? Guys? Guuuuy-uuuuuys ... " The Invisible Man. Poor Dark Law. ^^;
Dark Law is just following proper bathroom etiquette.

Quasar is a Level 12, Dark Law is a Level 6. If you look to compare their levels, someone is bound to feel uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
(Disclaimer: yes, I realize what he's actually saying is that he's underwhelmed that after all of Doppel's Synchro combo'ing the pay off is a "mere" Quasar.)
In all seriousness, that's why I posted about it. Dark Law is way more threatening than Quasar is. Quasar is just an accessory, and I usually don't summon it now without a clear field, backrow backup and/or Dark Law out.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-13-2015, 12:00 AM   #4767
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

In other news, Anti-Spell Fragrance seems to be the #1 go-to floodgate to wall Pendulums. But what I noticed as a side effect is, it's also insanely effective against the like of Raigeki/Dark Hole, and Twin Twister/MST, meaning that those cards won't be usable to stop my own backrow. Sort of.

The 'sort of' is that Anti-Spell Fragrance must be set and activated, and those spells being quickplays mean they can chain over it. Certainly, that makes it a good target, but I wonder if Secret Village of the Spellcasters is an even more powerful floodgate by comparison. I need a Spellcaster, but Librarian fixes that problem pretty easily. And the inability of the opponent to chain over it means Pendulums are locked out...until they Normal Summon a Spellcaster.

So which seems better? If I fail to loop out the opponent's hand, I'm pretty susceptible to the like of Twin Twister, MST and Raigeki/Dark Hole. My main defense without Stardust now are Durendal and Quasar (not really a defensive/disruptive card).
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-13-2015, 02:55 AM   #4768
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Soooo this guy brought up a really good point.

I activated Durendal and Dark Law while he was still in DP. Dark Law's effect is such to prevent the turn draw from being sniped, but technically speaking, I would not be able to activate his effect in this case, even after that first draw?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #4769
Princess Ana

Dark Law cannot snipe any card added during the Draw Phase. It's a loophole that's sometimes used.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #4770
Princess Ana

Quote:
儀式の下準備 Gishki no Shitajyunbi (Pre-Preparation of Rites)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 “Pre-Perparation of Rites” per turn.
(1) Choose 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck, then choose 1 Ritual Monster whose card name is written on that Ritual Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard; add those 2 cards to your hand.
KOOOONNNAAAAAMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Old 12-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #4771
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Boosts Herald, so I hate it.

What I would like: Instant Fusion at 1, Norden at 3, Super Poly at 1, Rites at 0
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #4772
Princess Ana

Hamon no Barrier – Wave Force – / Rippling Mirror Force
Trap Normal
(1) When an opponent’s monster attacks directly: Shuffle all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls into the Deck.

and like that, I am both surprised and terrified.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #4773
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I adore how anti-OTK it is. Actually I just like the design of it a lot in general. I'll gladly swap out my Blazing for this in the one of my D/D decks that use it.

Also, for those who haven't seen it: Shun's new birb got released.

Quote:
Raid Raptors – Ultimate Falcon / Raidraptor – Ultimate Falcon
Dark Winged Beast / Xyz / Effect
RK10 3500/2000
3 Level 10 Winged Beast-Type monsters
(1) Unaffected by other card effects.
(2) You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; all monsters your opponent currently controls lose 1000 ATK, also your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. These changes last until the end of this turn.
(3) If this card has a “Raidraptor” monster as Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
-During each End Phase: You can have each monster your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK. If your opponent does not control a monster, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:09 PM   #4774
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Hamon no Barrier – Wave Force – / Rippling Mirror Force
Trap Normal
(1) When an opponent’s monster attacks directly: Shuffle all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls into the Deck.

and like that, I am both surprised and terrified.
Obligatory, given the card's name. Every time you flip it, shout, "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"
Old 12-20-2015, 12:46 AM   #4775
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I think the only way this hand would have gone worse for the Cydra player, if I had a Twin Twister to wipe out any sets he'd have to put down during his turn.

Note, he scooped long before I would have summoned Trishula, who would have not only banished his Rampage Dragon, but Electromagnetic Turtle in the grave.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment