UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Hydreigon Zone Proposal Thread

A thread for proposing zones, and discussing said proposals!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

The Cryosphere

Nestled in the far north lies a bleak, snowy region remote from modern civilization. The outskirts are ravaged by almost unnaturally powerful winds and nigh spontaneous hailstorms; a death sentence for the unprepared traveler. Largely unexplored due to the volatile environmental conditions, The Cryosphere is home to numerous scientific wonders. On one of the only successful expeditions to the area, a team of geologists have recovered ice cores exhibiting bizarre properties; the climate records taken from different places in the region are wildly inconsistent.

Very little has been recovered from the region; in fact, only a single artifact indicating human presence has ever been discovered. A tape cassette, damaged severely by the harsh, wintery conditions was extracted from what appears to have been an icebox of sorts. Upon playing it, the following garbled message transmits:

"Hello, my n--- is ------ ------. I -ust wa-- you ---ut the ----ers of what --- -av- d--co----d. You are in great p----. -im- does not work as you ----- ------ -- --. Always wear - ---ch. Be vig----t. Bewa-- --- ---er sanc---; I believe it ho---- a t------- sin--------. Should you be he----- this m------e, I am mos- ---ely de--."

The Badlands

A cold, icy wasteland that surrounds the inner regions of the zone. Prone to terrible weather conditions, this area stands as an unavoidable deterrent to all travelers wishing to progress deeper. The Pokemon of this area are vicious and territorial, having survived for many years in such an unforgiving habitat. Few to none have had any prior relationship with mankind, and as such are unlikely to respond kindly to intruders. All adventurers in The Cryosphere must start in this region.

The Lake of the Ancients

To the southeast lies a massive frigid body of water, miraculously heated just enough by the thermal vents deep beneath the surface to remain liquid. Huge slabs of ice float on its relatively still surface, and the weather is quite moderate compared to the surrounding wasteland. The lake itself is teeming with sea life, largely adapted to the near freezing temperatures reached. Many of the Pokemon inhabiting this area appear to be incredibly old; such an age disparity between the oldest and youngest populations of these creatures is impossible to account for by known science. Explore deep enough, and you may find sparsely distributed underwater caves, or who knows what else.

The Obsidian Peaks

Far to the northwest lies a steep, shadowy mountain range. The nearly ebony-colored rocks have long since been weathered by turbulent winds and intense blizzards, and serve as a home to some of the most brutal Pokemon in the Cryosphere. The tallest of these reach well into the clouds; climbers are advised against ascending too high by foot, as they risk being ejected from the mountain due to the incredible wind shear. In addition to the perilous peaks, many cave systems run through these mountains, providing shelter for their inhabitants. There seems to be an unnatural concentration of evolved Pokemon throughout this area.

The False Metropolis

Deep in the heart of The Badlands lies a city region with no human residents. Obscured by the cover of heavy snowfall, one would have a hard time actually finding this place without being very close to it. The buildings are strangely advanced for their time, operating autonomously, and almost seem inhuman in construction. Despite the climate outside of the city limits, this region is in fact quite temperate, heated through unknown means. The city is inhabited almost entirely by inorganic Pokemon. A total of fifteen massive clock towers, all running at different rates, are dispersed throughout the metropolis. In the very center of the city lies a shrine of sorts, constantly guarded by the population. It seems that they do not want any outsiders entering the temple.

Still a work in progress, but I'm interested in feedback!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
So I like the setting of the zone but my question is how difficult is this zone meant to be?
Old 04-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Relatively! I wouldn't call it a beginner-friendly zone at all.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Le Marais Noir

Known as the 'Black Marsh,' Marais Noir is actually a series of wetlands on the north western tip of Fizzytopia, which includes marshes, swamps, and even a thicket of mangroves which stand between Marais Noir and the coastline. A variety of Pokémon call the relatively untamed wilderness home, and a city stands in the heart of it all; a bastion of revelry and sin.

La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs
The City of Jesters and Thieves, as it has come to be known, is a place of celebration and a place of woe. Often alight with festivals, the city is a place where good food, good drink, and fine company can easily be found. Be wary, however: there is no shortage of crime here. Pickpockets and thieves roam the streets looking for easy marks. Gamblers and con artists are eager to take the unsuspecting for all that they have. Perhaps because of the constant excitement and trickery, Psychic Pokémon gather here, feeding on the energy of winners and losers alike. Will you try your luck here, at la Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs?
Le Cimetičre des Cœurs Oublié
They call it the Graveyard of Forgotten Hearts, and very few dare to visit it these days. A few miles outside of the city proper, it was once the place where most of the citizens of Marais Noir interred their dead -- until the tragedy. One night two young lovers stuck into the cemetery and -- burdened by the knowledge that their feuding families would never give blessing to their union -- hung themselves in the branches of the largest tree on the grounds. Now abandoned and derelict, it serves as little more than a horrible reminder to the people who call Marais Noir home. The gates stand unlocked and the graves, all of them above ground in family mausoleums, are mostly unkempt and abandoned. Ghost type Pokémon are drawn to the despair which permeates these grounds, and some even say the heartbroken couple still wanders, looking for the peace never afforded to them in life.
Le Manoir des Mensonges
The natives say it's the 'Manor of Lies'. It's stood on the edge of la Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs for hundreds of years. Legend holds that a wealthy matron once owned it, and lived deep within its many chambers with her beloved twin Liepards. No one can say for sure what happened, but it's rumored that one day, a pair of delinquents took her beloved Pokémon and did something truly cruel, never to returned. The story does not stop there, however, for they say soon after the teenagers fell ill and died; the city -- then just a village -- revolted on the woman, certain she must have cursed the boys in revenge. Burned at the stake, some say she rose from the ashes right there in the town square and returned to her house, which was never sold, for no sensible person would wish to live in such a cursed abode. It sits now, in surprisingly sturdy condition, mostly untouched from all those many years ago. A popular spot for thrill-seekers, dark-type Pokémon seem to have taken to the ambiance and are in no short supply in this cobweb-filled, musty old manor. Some even say the old woman still lives, deep inside the twisting hallways and innumerable rooms...
Le Marécage Sacré de Celebi
Marais Noir is shrouded in dark clouds seemingly endlessly, but there is one place for which the sky is always clear: the sacred swamp of Celebi. Though the water is dark with tannins, it doesn't ever seem to stagnate. It's cool to the touch, with a pleasant, earthy smell. Thick trees, seemingly older than time itself, grow from its dark depths, with gharled trunks and twisty roots which jut up at odd angles. Here, a plethoral of Pokémon can be found of all sorts of types; Bug, Flying, Grass, Water -- even some Poison types call this ethereal swamp their home. Named for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, there is a legend that this area thrives so beautifully in such an otherwise dark and murky place due to the influence of the Time Travel Pokémon, and that causing harm to the sacred swamp will result in bad fortune. Locals often bring offerings of food in respect to theland and to Celebi, hoping for blessings and good favor, and even perhaps a chance to meet Celebi itself.
Oů les Palétuviers se Rassemblent
Simply known as 'where the mangrove trees gather', this innocuous sounding area on the coast is not for the uninitiated. A wall of mangrove trees stand between the wetlands of Marais Noir and the sea, but the tide is unforgiving and the storms are frequent. Locals advise against visiting without at least a strong water-type on hand, but foolish people have done foolish things. Here, strong Water-types can be found, some of them quite ancient and quite territorial. Cases of whirlpools appearing have been rumored, though the cause of which is unknown. There have been a number of deaths here of unprepared trainers who underestimated the ferocity of the seas on the other side of the mangroves; caution is advised.
Okay, so this is a SUPER rough draft and I really want to expand upon it when I have more time, but I would love feedback, please!

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 05-01-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

If we're proposing ideas... I don't know if there's any interest (besides myself) in another city-themed zone what with Bedlam, but I had this idea stuck in my head and it wouldn't let go. Also, credit where credit is due, some of the concepts have inspiration in the Metropolitan Zone rough draft EAI made before La Revolution, which he let me borrow to create this.

This is designed to be a very beginner friendly zone while not necessarily stopping more experienced players from being updated. Adventures would typically be quick to normal sized leaning towards the former – as given the local its very unlikely every adventure could have the highest of high stakes – though, of course, large/whatever-the-term adventures could still easily be planned.

I’d be happy to be ZA for this zone, as I love the city and already have several plot ideas simmering in mind for the various areas.

Speaking of, though I’ve been slowly adding to the zone in terms of areas/subareas, I’ve still left things purposefully vague in spots because I want to give updaters a lot of freedom in crafting the city though their updating.

As for zone type, I’d think this would make a good permanent zone to counter-balance the more difficult ones that have been proposed, provided of course there are others interested in updating here. If no one else is, on the other hand, it could still be the seasonal zone for the summer (somewhat thematically appropriate given the rebuilding). Reasoning is while I definitely have the time to work on this during the summer I can’t yet promise that once term starts in September. I don’t know yet and won't until closer to then how much time I’ll have to devote.

As with the others, this is still a draft and any feedback is appreciated.

New Fizz City
The Greater Fizzby Metropolitan Zone

Newly renamed after the turmoil that gripped the region had settled, New Fizz City shines as a beacon of the region’s new future. Sprawling for miles across the land and stretching up into the sky, New Fizz City is truly the pinnacle of a metropolis. In this city that never sleeps, there’s so much to do and see you’d be hard-pressed to have a boring time.

Downtown NFC – The Business & Entertainment Districts

The Municipal Plaza: Located right at the heart of the city, the Municipal Plaza holds many of the buildings necessary for a city to run, among them the main Municipal Building – home to the Mayor of New Fizz City, Jules Brown – and the central police headquarters. Additionally, at the center of the plaza is the Fizzygarden Park, a popular gathering point among trainers and tourists alike. Like much of the city urban Pokemon are common, though in the Park a much larger variety is also found.

High Street: Coming off of the Municipal Plaza, High Street is the best place to shop in the entire city. Lined with stores as far as the eye can see, if you’re looking for something you can bet that someplace here has it. Even if you don’t have a goal in mind, something is sure to catch your attention when strolling down High Street. Typically trainer owned Pokemon are more common than any wild ones on High Street, though there’s always a chance you might find a stray creature down one of the many alleys that branch off from the street.

Knowledge Square: On the edge between the suburbs and downtown, Knowledge Square exists as the premier gathering point of academics and anyone interested in learning something new. Across the several blocks of Knowledge Square several popular museums exist, including the famed Fizzby Metropolitan Art Museum. If books are more your cup of tea, then you might rather visit the New Fizz Public Library – one of the largest libraries in the region – or possibly tour the University of Fizzy Bubbles. Lastly, at the heart of Knowledge Square sits the Pokemon Research Centre, where several famous professors and academics gather to share studies and give lectures. If you’re lucky, some might even be looking for some research help.

The Unofficial NFC Gym: Though no official gym circuit exists in the region, that has not stopped trainers of all strengths from gathering at the Unofficial NFC Gym. With tourney’s going on all the time, if battles are what you’re looking for, this is the place to be. Wild Pokemon aren’t terribly common around the gym, though if one is found you can bet it is one looking to get stronger.

Nightlife Row: Living up to its name, Nightlife Row is the place to be – and party at – when the sky grows dark. In the day, however, Nightlife Row tends to house a much different and generally seedier clientele. Be careful if on your own, because you never know what kind of deals might be going down in Nightlife Row.

The Harbor District

Fizzby Harbor: A main port of trade in the region, Fizzby Harbor always has a few ships docked at any given time. Most are here for business, but if you ask around you might just find a captain or two willing to take some extra crew members aboard for jobs or for a sightseeing tour (just watch out for the SS. Finneon; it has a habit of getting lost even on simple three hour tours!).

Fishing Cove: At the junction between the harbor and beach lies a small out of the way cove. The locals and visitors alike swear that this might just be the holy grail of fishing sites, leading to its name: Fishing Cove. If you want a calm area to just fish and relax, this is the place for you. And don’t forget to record your catches! The fish hut nestled back in the cove is always giving out prizes for the biggest or best catch of the day.

Bubbling Beach: The main tourist draw of the harbor district, Bubbling Beach’s undersea vents leave the waters bubbly, but not chaotic enough that swimming becomes impossible. Popular among families, the Bubbling Beach Boardwalk is also generally busy, but with ever changing attractions and events, there’s always a reason to come back. Like much of the harbor, water-types and other Pokémon who love the sea tend to congregate.

Treasure Island: Located a few miles off the harbor’s coast, Treasure Island has become something of a legend amongst both NFC’s residents and the visiting sailors. On the surface, items frequently wash up with the tide. Legends say though of a great treasure hidden somewhere in the caves beneath. No one’s found it yet, but if you’re lucky enough, the legends about this island might just be right. Another thing of note about the island is its high leveled Pokémon of varying species, unusually so for the city. Some think this lends to the treasure theory, though others just think the Pokémon here are of a tougher breed than those in the city.

New Fizz City Outskirts

Fizzitopian Power Plant: Situated on the far outskirts of the city, the Fizzitopian Power Plant provides power not only for New Fizz City but much of the surrounding areas. Operated by skilled technicians and a loyal and well-kept troop of Voltorb and Electrode, this Power Plant is happy to say that it hasn’t had an outage in over fifty years. Many electric Pokemon are found here, mooching off the excess electricity and sometimes even pitching in themselves.

The Fizzby Railyard: The centralized hub for all railway activity on this side of the region, the FIzzby Railyard does on land what the Harbor does for the sea. Though all tracks are kept clear of Pokemon for the safety of everyone, many steel-types still like to hang around the yard wherever they can.

Bullarum Industrial Complex: Situated with the Harbor on one side and the Railyard on the other, the Bullarum Industrial Complex is in the perfect place for shipping and trading. Styled after the Virbank Complex in Unova, the Bullarum Complex specializes in oil refinery and distribution, though warehousing is an equally important part of the Complex’s business. Much like the Railyard, steel-types tend to gather here though fire-types and poison-types are also common. Additionally, ice-types love to gather at the cold-storage warehouses scattered around the complex.

Last edited by Rotom310; 05-04-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
The Telestic Spiral

Space. A place known as an infinite frontier to most. Some call it home, but others call it a prison. The deep crevices of space hold untold horrors, slowly whispering to their prey to draw near. We are all within this realm of space, an infinite fabric of spacetime that holds many wonderful mysteries. One such galaxy is our own, the Milky Way; however, there is another galaxy that holds many other secrets. One that is a lot closer than we think it is - in fact, it is our own galaxy. However, this version of the Milky Way does not exist on our plane. It is parallel to ours, with only one entrance to it from here. It is known as the Telestic Spiral, an alternate version of our galaxy whose history and fate are unknown. Researchers have only just discovered this place, after a yellow, star-like road appeared in the land of Fizzytopia.

Now, trainers have started to explore this place. It is much, much smaller than anticipated, with most of the galaxy already mapped out. Perhaps time and space works differently in this plane? It is not known. However, it seems everything that happens here does have a consequence. As such, it is labeled as a dynamic area that can change at any time. Furthermore, it seems that trainers are gated from areas unless they either meet the requirements or find an alternative route to where they want to go. Lastly, strange beasts have been known to show up from time to time, affecting the entirety of the spiral. Trainers are advised to stock up heavily on supplies in case of an emergence of one of these creatures, or any other unexpected event that may occur. There have been five sanctioned areas where trainers can explore, but it is advised to remember the risks and anomalies that come with the Telestic Spiral.

Constellar Road (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
Constellar Road serves as the connection point between our realm and the Spiral. It extends all the way to the center of the galaxy, and houses various paths to other parts of the spiral as well. The air quality here is similar to Earth’s, allowing us to breathe without a problem. Along this road are various buildings, all offering different tasks and adventures for both beginning and veteran trainers.

The Starside Saloon:
Considered the main hub point of the Telestic Spiral, the Saloon offers travelers refreshments and a place to stay if needed. There are many people here looking for help, or offering their services in traveling around the system. Trainers need to be careful of the various gangs that make their home here, however. Rumor has it that the basement of the Saloon hides a valuable treasure, but the mysterious owner keeps even the entrance there a heavily guarded secret.

The Comet Garden:
A beautiful garden filled with interesting fauna and beautiful rocks and gems from other planets. Pokemon such as Clefairy and Minior can be seen in abundance here, dancing and enjoying their time. Most of them are owned by park staff, however, so it isn’t just an easy one two to catch them. There is a central plaza in the park, with a beautiful, ornate fountain with a giant, glowing gem inside of it. Rumor has it that any wish made here is made true, especially if there is a comet overhead.

Telestic Plaza:
The entry point into the Telestic Spiral, the plaza houses many buildings such as supply shops and cafes. Many trainers can be seen moving to and fro from this point, either going into the saloon for a drink or trying to get a ride through the Telestic Frontier. There are a few dark alleyways that lead into parts unknown, and it is ill-advised to enter unprepared.

The Watchtower:
A huge watchtower overlooking the entirety of Constellar Road. It is the first line of defense against the unknown horrors that call this place home, and has a beautiful view of all of the stars and planets in the system. The tower’s basement is filled with various puzzles and labyrinths, showcasing a complex tunnel system that might have trainers end up in places not yet discovered.

Telestic Frontier (Please respond in DarkSlateBlue)
Space. The Frontier makes up the vast majority of the Telestic Spiral, and houses many different star systems and other fun space things to explore. Unlike the majority of the accessible areas of the Spiral, the Frontier in itself does not have oxygen. It is ill-advised for trainers to aimlessly explore the Frontier without a mini-rocket and a space suit. Most of the major points of interest do, however, have oxygen. There are various services that offer ferry to these points, but it does come at a price.

The Infinite Expanse:
The dark, cold reaches of space. There appears to be nothing here, yet there is the chance of finding anything here, too. The excitement of discovering something new, whether it be a planetary system, a lone asteroid, or even a constellation or comet drive many curious trainers wishing to land their mark, though not all who explore the Expanse are good. Trainers are advised to be on the constant look-out for Space Pirates. They can strike when least expected.

The Rayquaza Asteroid Belt:
Named after the legendary Pokemon who lives in our ozone layer, this Asteroid belt looks very similar to the Pokemon Rayquaza. The myriad asteroids house a variety caves within them, and draws in an almost mystical, draconic presence. There have been multiple reports of sightings of various Rayquaza and Deoxys, as if this was the birthplace of their endless war. Like the Expanse, there is no breathable oxygen here, so it is advised to have a space suit when exploring the Asteroid Belt.

The Wandering Observatory:
A scientific research station with its own atmosphere, the Observatory looks like a beautiful, deconstructed house. Using a very small neutron star as the core engine, the Observatory casually drifts through the Frontier, taking research on any new discoveries within the system. The head scientist, a woman by the name of Rose, often has various jobs around the observatory for trainers to do. Her and her many, many Minior do enjoy the company, after all.

Euphoria (please respond in Pink)
A place that seems to be the representation of heaven, accessed from a grandiose stairway from the Constellar Road. Filled with white, clouds, and Greek architecture, everything here seems to give off a pleasant and happy vibe. Even so, there is something off about this place. What dark secrets could a place like this hide? Perhaps only time will tell...

Celestial Lake:
A crystal clear lake said to be made of holy water. The lake will heal all wounds and maladies a person or Pokemon may have, but it is heavily protected to prevent corruption of the waters. While it is open to tourists, only those who truly need the water’s power are permitted to swim within. Other than that, many native Pokemon can be seen swimming or drinking from the lake’s waters.

Forest of Eden:
A forest filled with the fruits of knowledge and pleasure. The residents of Euphoria can often be seen here, gathering the fruits for many delicious dishes and festivals. The rainbow trees and cloudy ground gives the forest a feeling of magic and whimsy. It seems a magical force prevents those from wandering into the depths of the forest. What can be hidden within?

Angelic Hamlet:
Here the main residents of Euphoria live in peace and harmony. They welcome any visitor from the Constellar Road, and are more than willing to assist them in their exploration of their realm. They all consider themselves the blessed children of Arceus, and a huge cathedral looms over the hamlet with beautiful, exquisite stained-glass windows. The people can often be seen holding festivals or in prayer, thanking Arceus for their blessed lives.

Cathedral of Judgment:
To those who live in Euphoria, they say that Arceus itself lives in the very heart of the Cathedral. As such, all of the dead are buried in the vast catacombs underneath the Cathedral. Trainers are allowed to visit the blessed paths, but are heavily restricted in going down certain halls. It is said that the souls of the dead are held judgment in the deeper reaches of the Cathedral, and that there is a path that leads to eternal punishment...

Temporal Rift (please respond in DimGray)
A tear in the fabric of spacetime, the Temporal Rift seems to operate on a very different rule set from our own reality. Accessed from a small portal on the side of the Constellar Road, it is recommended for beginner trainers to not get anywhere near this place. Untold horrors are said to live here, and only the brave or foolish enter without caution.

The Abyss of Time:
An endless hole within the Temporal Rift, the Abyss of Time showcases the horrors and lessons of history. The deeper one travels, the more distorted the landscape becomes, with various timelines melding and colliding together, creating a vibrant landscape of various cultures. However, once one reaches past the start of humanity, the dark remnants of the past start to emerge. Yet, there is never an end to this abyss, and only those wishing to face their inner demons ender the very depths of it.

Ultra Space:
A beautiful, primordial land with towering rock formations and ethereal crystals. Various portals have appeared here after the first humans entered during the construction of the Alolan League, allowing trainers visiting to enter even deeper into this mystical world, though despite its beauty, the danger of the Ultra Beasts and the unstable nature of this world makes it ill-advised for trainers to stay within for too long. One wrong move and someone could become trapped. Yet, the very heart of the Temporal Rift is said to reside here, with a fantastic treasure for those who manage to get to there.

Distortion World:
A realm within the rift where logic does not exist. Land masses float in all different parts of the air, trees and other natural objects seem to have minds of their owns, and even buildings can be seen with their own gravitational pull. Objects can be seen randomly appearing and disappearing at will, and there is a strange pull for things left abandoned and forgotten. The Pokemon here are not used to outsiders, and are considerably more hostile than anywhere else in the Telestic Spiral. There have been rumors of a strange figure wandering this place, and those who cross it meet their end.

Dimensional Plains:
A purple field that makes up the majority of the rift. Various portals can be seen floating about, allowing trainers to quickly travel through the rift and the plains themselves. A blue sun hangs overhead, giving an almost ethereal glow to the entirety of the rift. Despite it being mainly grassland, there are secrets that hide within the plains. Ruins of an unknown culture can be occasionally seen, and any pieces recovered to leave the rift have mysteriously vanished...

The Void (Please respond in DarkOrchid)
The very heart of the Telestic Spiral; the Void is a small black hole with a small gravitational pull. It is heavily guarded, and the Pokemon who live here are considered incredibly dangerous. The Constellar Road ends at the gates into the Void, with only the most experienced of trainers let through. That does not mean there aren’t other ways into the core, however.

The Cosmic Ruins:
A giant temple of a long lost race, this place seems to act as the entrance to the Void. While visitors and beginning trainers are allowed on the outside of the ruins, very few are allowed inside. Filled with deadly traps and aggressive, evolved Pokemon, the inside of the ruins seemed to be created to keep people out of the center of the Spiral. Yet, on closer inspection, the history of this galaxy is engraved on the walls in cryptic runes. Perhaps this place wasn’t meant to keep people out. Perhaps it was made to keep something in?

Mementos:
For those who make it through the ruins, they are then subjected to a vast labyrinth known as Mementos. Trainers have to overcome themselves, their mind and memories used as a weapon against them. Very strong Pokemon lurk here, able to easily manipulate those foolish enough to enter. The farther in, and by extension closer to the core, the more dangerous this place becomes. Those who live through here come out changed, most of the time even psychotic.

The Core:
For the few trainers who manage to make it through Mementos, they are able to observe the core. An ancient, purple Golurk acts as a guardian and guide here, allowing trainers to experience what truly is inside of the galaxy. Exquisite treasures and forbidden tomes are locked away here, the gravitational pull of the black hole making it incredibly dangerous to try and blindly take what is here. Besides the friendly Golurk, only the most demonic of Pokemon manage to survive here, and are incredibly aggressive towards outsiders. Yet, even then, they will save those who are about to fall into the black hole.

Nihil:
For the unfortunate souls who fall into the black hole, this is their destination. The true center of the Telestic Spiral, Nihil is a land of nothing. All a person will see is an endless landscape of white. It seems the ancients used this as a prison, trapping those who did evil here for all eternity. Yet, it is also said some great evil was sealed within. There is a way out of Nihil, but it is specific to each person who enters. Be careful though, the wraiths who call this land home are not to be trifled with.

~~~

So hey look everyone a thing! This zone idea is for a permanent zone, and I'd like to test out gated exploration, dynamic zones, and zone events here. For Gated Exploration, it means that you guys can't directly go to some places depending on your team's average level. However, that does not mean you can get there. You'd just have to be creative and work with your updater to do so. This is a dynamic zone, meaning if something is either discovered or destroyed in an area, the zone will be updated to reflect this. Lastly is zone events, which will effect all current adventures going on at the time. It can be anything from a major force coming into play, or other fun things. Feedback would be appreciated! Also I will ZA for this zone

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 05-02-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Hey guys, if everyone who's already posted a zone could do me a huge favor:

1) Could you let me know if you intend to be the ZA for this zone or will be handing it over to someone else to manage?
2) Could you specify if the zone is intended to be free-for-all, permanent or seasonal?

Thanks!!
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Editted as needed.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #10
Toyo
hail

Magikarp The Minnao Isles

Here's the thing I've been working on. I think I'd be able and more than willing to take it on as ZA if it's a seasonal zone in the summer; otherwise I'm a little worried of the workload.

The Minnao Isles

A small island plopped a short ways away from the mainland of Fizzytopia, the Minnao Isles are a sparsely populated set of tiny islands known for peaceful waters and gentle weather. Something about the islands offer Water-typed Pokemon a home, and as a result, recent efforts have begun to promote it to trainers and common people as an excellent fishing location. These efforts are led by Thomas Wilkson, a frequent visitor of the island with his two children, Alden and Sara, on fishing trips. He’s often been quoted to say that the Minnao Isles are the nicest place he’s ever been to, and is always willing to help with new travelers to the islands.

However, travelers should be aware of the recent conflict. The native Minnao people of the island have begun to notice their Pokemon companions becoming more distant from them, and the old sacred lands are becoming overrun with tourists. While they are not opposed to new visitors, they are becoming increasingly concerned that construction of new settlements is ruining their connection to Manaphy, the patron Pokemon of the Minnao. These people can often be found by following carvings on trees and rocks of a fish-shaped symbol.

Whether you're​ just here for a peaceful fishing trip or to contribute to the island, we welcome you to the Isles. Have a great trip!

Areas:

Cordina’s Peak: Named after a famous priestess, Cordina’s Peak is the religious center of the Minnao people. People from various tribes often travel here to make offerings to Manaphy for the health of their children, or to Kyogre for good weather. Here, the current head priest, Holai, attempts to heal the bonds between people and Pokemon on the island. While there isn’t much fishing opportunity here, with the only water truly available in the shallow pools of the Sea Altar, the locals are sure to need help with the daily goings on in the village. Please respond in deepskyblue. This area is intended for Normal adventures.

The Blue Valley: A little ways away from Cordina’s Peak, the valley formed by run- off from the water up top is filled mostly by an expansive river. Here, Pokemon are found on the shores of the river, and those willing to brave the waters to look into deep dwelling Pokemon must be careful for the winding rapids that happen downstream. Minnao teens often come into the valley searching for the Pokemon companion they bond with for life. Please respond in dodgerblue. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.

Mioo Plains: The Mioo Plains are a little ways north of the valley, once the land flattens out a bit more- although a little bit too much, considering their nature as the over flooded floodplains. Many Minnao tribes build small towns across the plains, made mostly of wooden buildings on whatever land stands high enough. These towns are often deeply interconnected in culture and trade, and people there are mostly more than willing to help wandering trainers navigate the complex waters of the floodplains, as long as they promise not to disturb wild Pokemon for no reason. Please respond in mediumseagreen. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.

Moilock Marsh: The northern fish tail-like part of the main island is a large dense wetland mostly made from water flowing in from the plains and even the Blue Valley above. Despite the marsh’s deep connections to the sea, something there keeps the water fresher than expected. The marsh is named for a Minnao man haunted by nightmares who was said to have gone out to the marsh in a fit of madness, never to be seen again. Here, many Pokemon are often spotted lurking below the water’s surface, aiming for the next boat they can flip over and soak the occupants. Please respond in olivedrab. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.

The Mints: The Mints are the names for the small islands to the east of the main, fish shaped island. They are a wild and generally unkempt land, home to deep and complex jungles that few have entered (mostly because there’s little known reason to travel there). It is known that some people who disagreed with the past leadership of the Minnao once moved to these islands, but any other claims of rare Pokemon or ancient curses are currently unproven. Anyone looking to travel into the land is recommended to have a guide from either the Minnao or settlers familiar with the lands. Please respond in mediumspringgreen. This area is intended for Normal adventures.

Orta Lake: In the middle of the island, Orta Lake lives as a natural freshwater habitat and is one of the most popular fishing spots on the island. Fishing operations here are led by Jack and Maie Ruddson, in addition to healthy fishing habits. They operate a small fishing shack near the lake with their son, Mason. Any of the three are more than willing to show anyone, Minnao or traveler, the ropes of fishing. Please respond in fuchsia. This area is intended for Quick adventures.

Cordina Ocean: Most of the salt water surrounding the Minnao Isles is affectionately referred to as the Cordina Ocean by locals for the same famous priestess as Cordina’s Peak, and named so for it’s exotic name by settlers. Anyone with adequate skill on navigating the waters often makes money taking trainers out on the deep waters for simple fishing. Rare and interesting Pokemon are known to be drawn to the Isles, and this may be the best way to find migrating Pokemon from distant lands. Please respond in lightpink. This area is intended for Quick adventures.

Red Beach: A beach encompassing a massive inlet to the island, most tourists spend their time in the gentle tides and bright sun here. Any wild Pokemon are often nervous of the recent influx of people, and tend to stick to the deepest part of the waters or have fled to the outskirts of the beach. Minnao protesters can sometimes be found here protecting natural Pokemon habitats. Please respond in indianred. This area is intended for Quick or Normal adventures.

New Redford: The largest settlement on the island, New Redford can be found in the southern half of the main island, near the Red Beach. It is a relatively small town, mostly consisting of small hotel, general stores, gift shops, and ports on every space the town can fit them. Thomas Wilkson can often be found here, supporting nearby building efforts. Fishing time is better spent elsewhere on the island, but the construction crew is always looking for help. Please respond in darkgoldenrod. This area is intended for Normal adventures.

Alloy Atoll: Unlike the other structures made for New Redford, this ring of platforms in the sea to the east of the main island is made with little regard for the concerns of the Minnao. Scientists looking to deeply understand the unexplained phenomena occurring in the isles come out here to conduct experiments. More recently, wild Pokemon have been making active efforts to interfere with their research, and adventures looking for a proper quest would do well to check the New Redford Bulletin Board for researchers needing help. Please respond in gainsboro. This area is intended for Normal adventures.

Last edited by Toyo; 05-02-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #11
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Hey guys, if everyone who's already posted a zone could do me a huge favor:

1) Could you let me know if you intend to be the ZA for this zone or will be handing it over to someone else to manage?
2) Could you specify if the zone is intended to be free-for-all, permanent or seasonal?

Thanks!!

1. I'd be willing to be the ZA for Le Marais Noir.
2. I'd like for it to be permanent, if it were approved.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #12
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So this had yet to be announced, but we're placing a deadline.

Both ZA/ZU applications and Zone submissions can be done up until 10th May, 11:59 PM GMT.
After that we'll go into discussion.

In addition, it would help if those who are interested in updating stated whether they had a preference for a zone they'd like to update or ZA for. If you have no preference, please state that instead.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development