UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #26
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Oh man, I totally forgot UPN day was today! I've already shared my story before, but I'll just say that a lot has happened in the past year- I've met a ton of people, improved in my art skills, and just generally learned a lot of new things!

Here's to another wonderful year for UPN \o/

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #27
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

UPN Day 2014

So the way I discovered UPN was through Serebii, so I guess we'll start there. I was really bored over winter break of my seventh grade year, and I think for some reason I was moving away from video games. I was looking around my room when I stumbled on some Pokemon cards, and decided to play just for the hell of it. Basically, I got hooked again, found a site that gave you access to all cards online for free, and I'd get home from school and spend my whole afternoon building decks and playing people. After doing this for a while, I wondered if there was a way to play the Pokemon video game online, and I found Pokemon Online, but only simulator. I never really bothered with their forums. I hung out #Tournaments playing in as many tournaments as possible on all my afternoons for a pretty long time.

Then I noticed a bunch of the people who were winning tournaments all had [CG] in front of their names. I asked a guy named BLUES what it meant, and he showed me their channel on PO. I decided to give it a shot, and I made an account on Serebii to join there clan. And, luckily, the core members of that clan were nothing like what the Comp community's become today. They were all really kind, you had actually conversations about Pokemon or just random stuff, and they were just good people, but sadly most of them have moved on. I think Tyoyo can vouch for me that CG was really enjoyable, and pretty tightly knit, since we were somewhat secluded from the rest of the Comp community on Xat. After CG closed, I kinda bounced around for a while, became friends with Lit, Apollo, Kots, EG, and Connor when he came back. One day, I think I may have been saying I was bored or something, but Lit brought up ASB so I decided to check it out. It looked really cool, and spoilers: it is, so the next few weeks were spent hyping the hell out of it in all the chatrooms resulting in the Comp wave. So I signed up, did a few battles, and eventually made an account on UPN.

At first, I didn't really post much outside of my battles, but I started to kinda sorta post some in the TO. Taking a month break didn't really help in that regard though xD Even now I don't really post that much in the TO or talk on Skype, but that's how it was when I was first getting into Comp too. Everyone here's really great, so I'll probably get to a good comfort level soon and start posting more. I've lurked a couple threads outside of ASB and the Comp thread here is a million times better than any of those on Serebii. And UPN's layout is a million times better as well. All in all, I'm really glad I made the switch from Comp to PASBL, since the community is so much better, and to be honest, I can totally vouch for Connor about the assholishness of Comp at the moment, and I'm ashamed to say I've acted like that in Comp chats from time to time. So, thanks to all the friends I've made over the last year or two, and hopefully I'll start posting more in the TO and other UPN threads so I can meet all the great people in this fantastic community!

So blah blah Happy UPN Day
Old 06-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #28
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I like UPN, even though I don't post much anymore.

Happy UPN Day, and ta Kuno.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Happy UPN Day to one and all. I hope Kuno Claus gives me wonderful presents.

I started on UPN back in I'd say it was about 4 years ago. It started when one IRL friend of mine was talking about FB on Serebii, right? He was getting me into Roleplaying, something that at the time I had no idea if I'd like it or not...anyways, a second friend of mine, TheSequelReturns, told me that FB was accepting new members and wanted me to join in on the fun, which I did...however, one of the things was that I needed to register on UPN...and hooboy, I was complaining about how stupid it was that I needed to join this site that I would never ever, ever use...however, the friendly community convinced me to stay around. A lot's happen this past year, both irl and in UPN (specifically FB for me), both good and bad. The good, I feel definitely outweighs the bad. I made lots of great friends, including one very recently that is more than that.

The Skype groups on UPN is always a blast to talk with. Someone's always got something to say, and that's something that really kept me on UPN this past year. Daisy, Thank you so much for that too. The community of UPN is something that I love, you guys are all so awesome.

I'm sorry I don't have a bunch to say on this, believe me if I could find the words I'd write a full novel about everything and every person here...

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wishing everyone a happy UPN Day. May the next year be the best yet. Thanks for all of your contributions, Kuno, moo, and the UPN moderator team.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #31
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

I've told my story (was in the old BG PASBL years and years ago, BMG went down, found SPP then UPN months later) and/or said some vaguely related nonsense a few times already and don't have much from the past year to reminisce over, so I'll just say that it's pretty neat that we seem to have a solid class of newer members coming up on the RP forums and UPN in general. Whoa. Happy UPN Day.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #32
Sneaze
Mrow?

I've told my story a fair few times myself, and the past year hasn't exactly been packed full of excitement, so I've not got much to go on a huge rant about as those prior to me in this thread have decided to do so. But that doesn't mean I can't pop in and wish everyone a Happy UPN Day, and a happy year to come.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #33
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Everyone so far should have custom user titles (except Son of Shadows).

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #34
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

UPN DAY IS BEST DAY

So um.. I was totally doing comp, but then comp got really square, but then comp folks told me about ASB... so I saw ASB then though how horribly disorganized it was and though I was going to hate it, but I didnt. Then I started liking it, and as I liked it I have learned to love it and stay.

Can I have Green usertitle name? O:

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 06-19-2014 at 02:35 PM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #35
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Arcanine

What does UPN mean to me? It means countless hours of my bf refreshing the screen to see if anything cool is happening online and I made an account to message him to go to bed!

Can I please get a Pink Username for my troubles??
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #36
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post
Can I have Green usertitle name? O:
No.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll View Post
Can I please get a Pink Username for my troubles??
Ok.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #38
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Happy UPN Day, guys! Let's petition for it to be in the FB Calendar so it gets two levels, an Egg/MT move, a TM, a Birthday Poffin, and a Mysterious Gummi! Who's with me!?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #39
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
I hate all of you.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #40
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Already told my story before so I'll just say this: Stay awesome everyone.

Happy UPN day!
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #41
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Joke's on sweetbbydoll; on Momou no Sounansu everyone's name is pink!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #42
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Joke's on sweetbbydoll; on Momou no Sounansu everyone's name is pink!
Oh I knew that already, used to have it as the theme I'd use when I was on here but then all that pink started to hurt my eyes so I stopped using it.

Edit; Well not a username but still a pink usertitle is cool, thanks Kuno! Happy UPN Day everyone!
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #43
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Empress View Post
Ok.
can I have orange username?
Old 06-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #44
deh74
Noted homosexual

THIS IS THE FOURTH TIME NOW THAT I'VE TRIED TO TYPE THIS BECAUSE THE LAST THREE GOT DELETED BECAUSE AAARRRGGGHHH.

Okay, now that I've calmed down let's get this tarted.

Guten Tag,
This is the first UPN Day I'm actually participating in because I wasn't around on this day last year. I first came to UPN after signing up on Serebii and joining ASB. That's not really a special or unusual story, but I'd now like to talk about what I found upon coming to UPN. The community here.

I first came as a scared little newbie who didn't know that having a Pidgey and an Eevee were bad ideas, I got help and slowly matured into becoming that kid who wants the grass gym. *Insert preemptive "NO I WANT THE GRASS GYM" here*. Then, on April 15 of last year, explosions at the Boston Marathon rocked my city to it's very core. I was also rocked to MY core, as I found out that my brother was there at the time of the attacks and had been badly injured. I came and told UPN about this and instead of receiving lukewarm pity and condolences, I was met with an outpouring of support that lifted my spirits and also made me think very highly of the people of this site. Eventually, like the people of UPN rallied to help me, the people of Boston rallied to find the perpetrators and recover, coming back stronger than ever. And then life moved on...

I continued my life as a UPN newbie, advancing in the ASB and achieveing several small milestones on my road to the Grass Gym. I was integrated into the Skype chats and made even more UPN friends there. The, last week, my family unexpectedly found out I was gay, and I left the house because of their hostility, going to live with my boyfriend and his family. I was a complete wreck as this unfolded, and went on Skype. There I was met with another outpouring of support that lifted my spirits, and made a few new friends in the process. As the situation continues today my UPN friends are there for me to talk to if I need it and I am so grateful for that.

Thanks so much everyone who's helped me, you have no idea how much it means to me and I'm actually tearing up right now because you guys are all so great. I love all of you guys so much and I'm so glad that I came here and was able to meet all of you.

EDIT: Thank you, kuno, for creating this wonderful site and giving me the opportunity to meet all these people. This has pinky become my internet home and it's the best one a guy could ask for. Happy UPN day, and may we celebrate many more to come.

*Joins everyone else in asking foot colorful usernames*

PASBL
The Whistling Sound of Impending Doom.

Last edited by deh74; 06-19-2014 at 03:29 PM.
deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #45
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Happy UPN Day!

I don't really have much to say, however. I've been here for almost three years now and I haven't really made any close bonds with members as some others have in such a short time. The close-knittedness has kept me less than eager to get involved in my first few years, though I am starting to feel more accepted as of late. I guess it mostly has to do with my more reserved nature, though I will say that I greatly enjoy UPN as a passtime and the community (from who I have interacted with over the years) is phenomenal.

This past year alone has been a huge one for me in my personal life, and though I won't go into detail, I will say that the activities held on UPN have offered me great comfort through those times, and I'm sure it will continue to do so as I go into college and into a whole new environment in the coming fall.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #46
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Apparently sarcasm in the UPN Day thread does not go down well.

In any case, yeah, I enjoy browsing these forums, and ever since I started to branch out of FB, my experience has become much richer for it, so thanks everyone, especially to Kuno for keeping the place running and all day. It's a cool place, and a small forum generally makes for a better community. I like it.
Quote:
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm gonna be honest, FB was the only reason I ever came to UPN, and I've primarily kept to the FB part of UPN for as long as I've been here, but there have been times when I've posted in other areas of this site, and there may very well be more times like that in the future. Slowly though it's happening, I'm becoming more and more open to the idea of posting in non-FB parts of UPN. So, um... Happy UPN Day, everyone.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #48
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm still here, yays all round.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #49
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Apparently sarcasm in the UPN Day thread does not go down well.
On this, the day of my daughters wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post
can I have orange username?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll View Post
Edit; Well not a username but still a pink usertitle is cool, thanks Kuno! Happy UPN Day everyone!
Oops I thought that was what you originally asked for.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #50
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Empress View Post
No.
Pink Username?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork