UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #226
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'll be out of town from about 5pm (~two hours from now) on up until tomorrow late afternoon / early evening, but a quick little status update ...

Togepi Breeding Continues: Currently I have a male Togetic with 31/**/31/31/31/31 IVs breeding with a female Togetic with 31/**/31/31/**/31 IVs. In other words, both lack Attack (fine by me!) and the female lacks SpDef (darn). While both of them have Nasty Plot and both of them have Serene Grace, neither of them has an ideal nature. So I'm in a bit of a jam that I've feared since I began Gen 6 breeding but had never found myself in until today: and that's the pickle where what should be easy odds of producing what you want (a five 31er with the right ability and nature) become incredibly difficult due to the fact that you're still using the Destiny Knot with Power Items rather than having upgraded to the Everstone to ensure an ideal nature is locked in. I'd consider stepping back down a rung and breeding 5x3 or 4x4 if I could, but unfortunately not one single Togepi has been my target nature, so ...

That stated, I did get a male Togepi with **/**/31/31/31/31 IVs and a popular Smogon nature (not my first pick personally but whatever), so if I don't get lucky randomly generating my desired nature soon, I might backpedal from 5x4 to 4x4 and plop an Everstone onto that father to see if I can't produce a 31/**/31/31/31/31 child with the dad's nature. We'll see. Either way, I'm really close to achieving my goal.

Starly Breeding Seed Acquired: For every nineteen dirtbags on the GTS, there's one saint. I am one of the twenty (not to toot my own horn), and this morning I was quite surprised and incredibly pleased to run into one of my own kind. I'd left a Lampent online last night and asked in return for a female Starly with Starly's Hidden Ability, Reckless. What I got was a female Starly ... with Reckless ... and an Adamant nature ... and 31s in Attack and Speed. What the fuck. After having gotten gypped so many times on the GTS so far, this came as quite a surprise. This guy's charity has single-handedly made it a cakewalk for me to create Version 2.0 of my EV-trained Staraptor from Pokémon Pearl. So I'll probably be doing that once I finish breeding Togepis.

Who needs Pokémon Bank?: When I first started playing Pokémon Y, I remember someone saying (Kuno, I think it was) that they didn't really feel like they needed Pokémon Bank at all. I kinda furrowed my brows a bit and was like, "Seriously? You don't want to import all of your old Pokémon?" But they lightly deflected my interrogation, probably because they didn't want to spoil me on the changes done to how breeding works, and indicated once again that they didn't really need Pokémon Bank anymore.

Today, I'm beginning to find myself singing the same tune. Over the past few months, I've been readying my carts for the Ultimate Import™. I was trying to capture the few remaining legendaries I had on my Generation 3 games before I'd import them to Generation 4. Then I was going to catch the remaining legendaries in those games before importing everybody -- legends, Story Mode guys, and EV trained guys -- to Gen 5. And then finally I'd try and catch all of the legendaries in White 2 before finally importing the entire enormous family of Pokémon from Gen 5 to Gen 6. I prepared stacks of notes. I spent hours upon hours going over the logistics. And I spent tens of hours catching legendaries like the Colosseum Ho-oh and my roaming Lati on Emerald (Latias). But as I think on the situation now, I ask myself: "Why?" Why import? Why import anyone at all at this point?
  • You can't import items.
  • You can't (easily) clone your old team members to leave them behind in the older generation games. (It can be done but not without a lot of time, effort, and hackery.)
  • None of your old Story Mode partners, even the ones that were EV trained properly or could be re-EV trained properly using Gen 6's EV-clearing punching bags, are going to outdo the replacements you can breed now in Gen 6.
It's that last one really that's key. The first two I suspected all along, ever since I started making preparations last summer. But even still, importing everybody from 3-->4-->5-->6 would take dozens if not a hundred hours, and catching all of the remaining legendaries with ideal natures and great critical IVs would in itself take dozens if not hundreds of hours. Why spend all of those hundreds of hours dragging along the past, I ask myself, when really all you need to do is start from scratch, take advantage of the new breeding mechanics, and breed yourself a 31/**/31/31/31/31 or a 31/31/31/**/31/31 Pokémon with the right nature, the right ability (in many cases a Hidden Ability), and quickly EV trained in Clemont's training module?

Honestly, the only reason I can think of at this point for why I should want to import anybody from the past is because Nintendo isn't going to re-release various legendaries in this and subsequent generations. And even that seems horridly unlikely. We just got access to one Kanto bird and Mewtwo, each with three 31s and a nature that are RNGed before each capture attempt. We're bound to get access to a Hoenn titan or two, three ancient golems, and a roaming Lati should this generation see remakes of the Gen 3 games, again each having a randomly-generated set of three 31 IVs and nature. And as far as anything breedable goes, why bother dragging your past collections with you when, virtue of the international community's "cloud" collection in the form of the GTS, you have access to every single breedable creature that's ever been? Obviously that wouldn't have been possible were it not for at least someone having access to Pokémon Bank. So obviously, as a community, we needed Pokémon Bank with its transporter to be a reality. But as an individual? As an individual fan and player? I don't really feel like I need the app all that much anymore. I ask myself why it's a good thing to drag my old friends from their generation's games into the present if all they're going to do is sit in the PC, unused and unloved, as I pass them over for their superior Version 2s.

I dunno. Feeling kind of conflicted over it, honestly. Emotionally, the desire is there to bring them with me. (Those bytes of data, and not their übermensch replacements, are the ones who I bonded with over the years. Beat the games with, participated in tournaments with, etc.) But from a strict logical approach, devoid of any emotional attachment, I'm not seeing any real reason to bring them over. They'll just crowd up my PC space and end up not being used anyway. Why use a **/31/**/**/**/29 Staraptor when I could use a 31/31/31/**/31/31 Staraptor instead? Why use a **/**/28/30/27/** Togekiss when I could use a 31/**/31/31/31/31 Togekiss instead? Why use a Mamoswine or a Blaziken with the "wrong" ability when I could use one with the "right" ability instead? There's no reason to. That's the answer. There's simply no reason to. Not from a strict logical perspective there isn't.

I'll say this though: had breeding not been overhauled, I'd still be very much wanting Pokémon Bank. Because obviously the hours it takes to import properly EV-trained Pokémon do not compare to the dozens of hours it takes to re-breed and re-EV train them from scratch. Obviously if my **/28/**/**/**/31s and such were still good -- obviously if these were still as good as it gets without pouring in hundreds of hours per individual monster or else using cheating devices and programs -- then it'd be worth my time to bring my EV-trained Staraptor, EV-trained Togekiss, EV-trained Milotic, EV-trained Cinccino, et cetera into the present. But that's not the reality we live in. The reality we live in is that Game Freak went and made it very easy to get near-perfect Pokémon. And so, as denizens of that reality, we have to ask ourselves whether we want to drag imperfection from the past into the present and keep on using it or whether we want to invest the time and energy necessary into re-doing them from scratch but this time making it so that they're nigh-on perfect. And for me, at least, the answer is ever increasingly seeming like the latter.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #227
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Meet Storm and Glide II: Over the past week I've been pretty busy, but in my spare time I've been working slowly but surely towards breeding myself some awesome Togekisses. Somewhat sadly, Generation VI has made things so easy to breed perfectly (or near perfectly) that I can't help myself: I feel kinda compelled to breed various permutations within a species I really care about using in the best possible manner before I move on to other species. This happened with the three Gardevoirs, and now it's happening again with Togekiss. Y'see ...
  • Modest, custom build, no Nasty Plot (what I've used on P-O and PS for years)
  • Modest, custom build, will leave Nasty Plot on it
  • Bold, Smogon standard build
  • Bold, custom build
  • Calm, Smogon standard
  • Calm, custom build
I find myself in danger of having as many as six Togekisses before I move on to the next species. ^^;; Already I have the first two, and breeding has just gotten underway for the third and fourth in the list. In fact, I should say that I happened to be so lucky as to ...

So many 31s ...: ... HATCH MY FIRST KNOWN FLAWLESS POKÉMON! As far as I know, I've never owned a flawless Pokémon before. (If it happened, I didn't recognize it.) A Rash Togetic -- indeed, the very one you see in the list below -- happens to have the honor of being my first ever 31/31/31/31/31/31. Thanks to him, I was able to pair off with a 4 IV female and reliably get 5 IV hatchlings ... out of which hatched a remarkable 6 IV Modest male with Serene Grace. :o So I deposited the Rash daddy and began to use the Modest one with an Everstone attached. A day or two later, I happened to hatch my second flawless Togetic -- again a Modest male with Serene Grace. So anyway, yeah: those two fellows are the first two bullet points in the list above. One I'll be keeping as a Togetic for the time being (for breeding purposes; would like to leave Wish and Baton Pass on him, in addition to Nasty Plot, for as long as I can in case it's relevant in future breeding projects), but the other I'll be evolving into a Togekiss shortly.

The Trouble with Tribbepis: "So what is the relevance to me?" you may be wondering. Well ... because of all of this insane Togepi breeding and using such good breeding stock ... I have a lot of surplus Togepis. ^^; Copying and pasting my current list of 5 IVs (and one 6 IV) from the Trading subforum ...

Spoiler: show
=Pokémon On Hand= (list last updated: January 16, 2014)
  • Ralts
    • 1x female, Modest, Trace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1
    • 2x male, Timid, Trace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1
    • 1x female, Timid, Trace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 12
  • Litwick
    • 1x male, Timid, Infiltrator, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1
    • 1x male, Timid, Infiltrator, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 6
    • 1x male, Timid, Infiltrator, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 17
  • Togetic
    • 1x male, Bashful, Serene Grace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 24, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Modest, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/31/31/**, Level 26, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Hardy, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/31/**/31, Level 28, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Rash, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/31/31/31, Level 33, EM Nasty Plot
  • Togepi
    • 1x male, Adamant, Hustle, **/31/31/31/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Mild, Hustle, 31/31/31/**/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 2x male, Modest, Hustle, 31/31/31/**/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 11x male, Modest, Serene Grace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Modest, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/**/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Serious, Serene Grace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x male, Docile, Serene Grace, 31/**/31/31/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 2x female, Modest, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/31/31/**, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x female, Modest, Serene Grace, 31/31/31/31/**/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
    • 1x female, Modest, Hustle, 31/31/31/**/31/31, Level 1, EM Nasty Plot
  • Starly
    • 1x male, Adamant, Keen Eye, **/31/31/31/31/31, Level 1
    • 1x male, Adamant, Reckless, **/31/31/31/31/31, Level 20

As you can see, I have eleven Togepis who are male, Modest, have Serene Grace, have Nasty Plot, and have the IV spread of 31/**/31/31/31/31. In other words, all that's missing are the EVs and the Shiny Stones and you have yourself eleven battle-ready Togekisses. Kinda insane. ^^; And the stuff of Daisy UPN fanart, I reckon.

What's more, I've listed my very first 31/31/31/31/31/31 as well. ;( While I kinda want to keep him for sentimentality's sake, I'm willing to trade him to someone for an equivalent exchange -- which means, in this case, a flawless IV Pokémon with at least one Egg Move or with an ideal nature. (My guy lacks the ideal nature but offers the egg move, Nasty Plot.) Why trade him? Because it feels awfully greedy of me to keep all of the flawless Togepi breeding stock to myself when I've no need for some of it. I mean, what do I really need a Rash male Togetic for, even if he's got straight 31s, when I have not one but two Modest male Togetics with straight 31s behind him? I don't. So while I might change my mind in between now and getting a suitable offer, for the time being my mentality is that I'd like to put him up for sale in the hopes that he will help someone else the same way he helped me. We will see.

So yeah. If you want a Togepi, please head on over to my thread for trades. I'll be offering further details there in a thread-bump post shortly.

Minccino, Dratini, Pichu, and more: The GTS continues to be off-and-on kind to me. Sometimes -- many times, I hate to say :\ -- it's a horrible place. I'll put something really sexy up for trade, I won't advertise its full sexiness (for fear of being fucked like I'm about to explain ), I'll ask for peanuts in return ... and I'll not even get peanuts for it. I'll be robbed in broad daylight and there's little I can do to stop it. Example: I offer a 5V male Modest Togepi with Nasty Plot. I advertise it as a 4V and that's all I say of it. No mention of its nature, no mention of its egg move. And that's partly because of the confounded limitations of space we have: all I can manage to type in is "4V;needHiddenAbl♀" before I run out of characters. But no, part of it is that I know that greedy little shitbags would be unable to resist fucking me over if I told them exactly what riches they were going to get. So all I tell them is that they're getting silver, not gold. And all I ask for is a female with a Hidden Ability. No demand for two 31s or three 31s. No demand for an egg move or shininess. Just a Hidden Ability attached to a female. That's all I ask for. And what do I get?

>eyes the numerous Tangled Feet and Own Tempo Spindas in his shit-trades receptacle

Unwelcome and unsurprising "supwises". -_-; Zero 31s. Zero hidden ability. Frequently (when I have no control over enforcing the gender because it's a typed-in request) they're not even female. -____-;

But like I said at the start of this section: this is only some of the time. There are other times -- and whether it's by luck or what, I do not know, but it's been happening more frequently recently -- where I'll get a truly wondrous trade out of the other end. I offer them a 5V Nasty Plot Serene Grace Togepi and what I get in exchange is stuff like:
  • a female Espurr with Infiltrator, two IVs (standard of course for Friend Safarimon), and oh thank you an ordinary PokéBall that it was captured in :'D
  • a female Pichu with 5 IVs (four if you don't count Attack)
  • a female Dratini, Adamant, with Marvel Scale and EM Extreme Speed :'D ... oh, and did I mention she has 5 IVs!? :'D
Yeah, that last one was really impressive. As you cool kids would never say, I met me a Good Guy Greg in that trade. :')

So who's next?: I'm not really sure who I'll be breeding next. I'm being tugged in a variety of directions.
  • Cinccino: I'd like to raise a near-flawless one, but to do this I'll need to first breed a near-flawless male Pichu into existence, evolve him into a Pikachu, have him breed with a Minccino seed, and then once I get a 4V or 5V female there ... have her breed with a 4V or 5V male Floatzel that I totally do not own yet so that I can get Aqua Tail onto her. Because there's no Aqua Tail Move Tutor yet in Gen 6.
  • Meowstic: Remember me? Yeah, I'd really like to raise a female Meowstic. I just love the look of the creature, even if she may not have the best stats or whatnot. The main reason for tabling this one for now is that I simply have way too many Psychic types as is between Delphox and three Gardevoirs. And speaking of Psychic types ...
  • Jynx: this remains a huge want, and I've never been closer thanks to a generous trade from Schala in which I received a female Smoochum with 5 IVs (four if you don't count Attack) and with Hydration. I've already evolved the Smoochum into a Jynx: now it's just a question of prepping her 5 IV groom, a future Croagunk with a Timid nature and Nasty Plot.
  • Staraptor: In prepping a decent female to gift to Schala, I ended up getting just one or two squares away from completing a perfect Adamant Reckless and Adamant Intimidate Staraptor. I hadn't planned to raise one just yet but I won't lie that it's tempting ... The only thing that really puts me off this one is the fact that I have a properly EV-trained Adamant Talonflame already.
  • Forretress: I happened to get a female Pineco. Not much more to it than that. But without a Starmie, my Gen 6 squad is currently lacking a Rapid Spinner. Raising a Forretress could be prudent. *shrug* But oh, I forgot: she came with Stealth Rock too. :p :o
The list goes on. So believe me when I say that I honestly have no idea who I'll be breeding next.

The Fruits Of One's Labor: Today, I noticed that I'd gotten another Holo Caster update. So I decided to check it out and would you look at that: there's a WiFi tournament going on right now! Given the presence of hackmons in the wilderness right now and given that most people online have no qualms about spamming legendaries like Keldeo and Terrakion since Nintendo allows them to, I don't have any wrong ideas about this tournament: I am sure I won't manage to place. But still! This is exactly the sort of venue that all of my hard work has been building towards. It would be nice to form a cohesive team from my available choices, take them online, and see how well they perform. Are any of you guys planning to participate in this tournament too? Let me know if you are. Maybe we can help each other out with breeding fodder and such.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #228
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

I was going to until people told me it was full of Seismic Toss/Wish Megamom.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #229
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
I was going to until people told me it was full of Seismic Toss/Wish Megamom.
That's disappointing to hear. I haven't partaken in any Gen 6 battles yet with human opponents (no P-O, no PS, no Nintendo WiFi), so my knowledge of the situation is pretty marginal. But from what I understand, Mega Kangaskhan is really tough to respond to and once you lose your one or two solid responses it's gg with little effort on the part of the Mega Kangaskhan user.

Then again, the fact that Mega Kangaskhan is allowed reminds me that this is Nintendo we're talking about here, not Smogon, and so I have a question: is Mega Blaziken not allowed even by Nintendo? Would seem strange to me were it not the case, but what seems equally strange to me is that it's Mega Kangaskhan scaring you out of competing rather than Mega Blaziken (who I presume to be legal).

Maybe the tournament's not such a good idea after all ... ^^; We'll see. I still would like to see what the online waters are like. Here's hoping they're not too shark-infested.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 AM   #230
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Meet Rasengan II and Tatsumaki: While wrapping up the EV training for Glide, I ended up somehow amassing three Attack L training bags. Not wanting to let them go to waste since it was 36 free Atk EVs, and feeling a little burned out on breeding Togepis all the time, I decided to take a little pit stop and breed my old friend Rasengan the Staraptor into existence.

I ended up breeding two Staraptors, one for each ability since both are great and changes in the metagame can easily influence whether one is better to have than the other. (For the time being, I'm favoring Reckless more these days, but I swore by Intimidate for a good 3+ years and still like it.) Rasengan II takes after his predecessor, opting for the Intimidate strategy, while his girlfriend Tatsumaki (or Maki for short) is a modern girl sporting Reckless. I've since raised Maki to Level 73 and Rasengan to Level 53. Both work wonderfully well. Staraptor has always been a beautiful battering ram, and that's exactly what these birds do against NPC opponents. While their performance will obviously dip against human opponents with properly EV-trained Pokémon, I've used Staraptor on my main team long enough to know that unless Generation 6 invented some sort of anti-Normal, anti-Flying entry hazard that has utterly gimped the Sinnoh Soarer, Staraptor is going to be just fine against Gen 6 human opponents as well.

Sofia: Several weeks ago, a random passerby named Sofia asked to see my Trainer PR video. Since hardly anyone ever does this -- and no one had ever stuck around to wait for the video to load before her -- I figured, "Sure, why not?" Something went wrong, but I asked to view hers. She let me and I was able to. Then she asked to see mine again, so I let her. Excited, she asked if I wanted to trade with her. And so I met this girl from Tuscany named Sofia.

Now, judging from her trainer profile (comments, 1st in party, messages), it didn't take long for me to assume that Sofia was in that 7-to-10-years-old age group. And that's pretty much what I got accustomed to imagining her as as time went on. Every once in a while Sofia and I would be online at the same time and she'd ask if we could trade. Imagining her as sort of my "pen pal daughter kinda-sorta ward in a far off land," a little kid who doesn't know shit about competitive battling, I figured it was my duty as her big brother guardian complete stranger on the Internet to gift her some of my 5Vs from my breeding experiments. A 5V Modest Ralts here, a 5V Modest Nasty Plot Togepi there, I was always gifting Sofia the best of the best (short of my own team members, of course ^^; ). I didn't want her to become dependent on me, so when she'd ask to trade multiple times in one session I'd politely decline, but I was usually up for trading once per chance encounter.

Eventually, Sophia asked to trade with me enough times that the game prompted me to add her to my Friends list. And that, as you might imagine, is where I had a 100-second panic in the short span of five to ten seconds. ^^; Because as you already know, I don't like adding strangers to my Friends Lists. Not just in Pokémon Y! This is true on UPN, on Facebook, on Twitter, anywhere that asks you to list your friends. So what do I do here? Sofia wasn't my first experience with this feature of the game -- a Japanese boy who eagerly prodded me for trades and such ended up also triggering this message. And with him, since it all happened in the short span of like 10 minutes, I honestly had no qualms rejecting. What I didn't expect the game to do, however, was to relocate that boy from my Acquaintances list all the way down to Passersby. Well that's not what I meant it to do! So, remembering this experience, I was confronted with Sofia's request. Little Sofia, asking her mysterious friend from the United States if he would pwease become her 3DS Fwiend. Oh man. D: Oh man oh man oh man. D: I ... I ... FUCK IT! >.< I accepted.

And no sooner did I accept then did I realize something to my horror: my gender. See, that's the one thing I really resent about situations like XY's PSS feature. I really, really resent how they make boys who choose to play as girls and girls who choose to play as boys feel like they're deceiving other people when really that's not their intention whatsoever. I had the same experience before back when I beta'd World of Warcraft in 2004, and here I am having it again with Pokemon XY. If you would allow me to declare my IRL gender, I would happily do so. While I realize that the game kinda sorta does try to fulfill that request by providing a Q&A that asks "What's your biggest secret?" and allows you to answer "I'm actually a boy/girl!", I really detest the wording there. What's my "biggest secret"? A, as if I should be ashamed to be playing a fictional character in an RPG whose gender doesn't match my own? And B, as though that were my biggest secret? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you, Japan/Game Freak/people? Why can't you just put a simple, simple box to be ticked on the profile page for gender? A blue Mars sign if it's a boy, a pink Venus symbol if it's a girl. Sure, you alienate the people who don't cleanly fit into that dichotomy, but it's a lot better than what you're offering right now anyway!

Tangent. Pulling us back in, the point is that I realized that while I've always imagined Sofia to be this little Italian girl and seen myself -- obviously -- as a guy in his late 20s, she hasn't been able to know that. For all she knows -- for all she had every reason to believe, you might say -- I'm actually a girl named Corinne. So now she's going to see my Mii on her 3DS Friends List and freak the fuck out that "Corinne" is actually some fat ugly white guy named Talon. ^^;;

But then I realized something: "Hey. :o It goes both ways. Let's see what she looks like!" After all, I reasoned, she may not actually be a little girl as I imagined. I mean, she might be! But she might also be a boy. Or a man. Or a dog. Okay, probably not a dog, but something other than what I had imagined! So I exit out of my own game half an hour later or so and I go to the Friends List on the 3DS main menu. And what do I find but ...

"HOLY SMOKES SHE'S A HOTTIE! " I shit you not: her Mii looks like Audrey Hepburn or Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She looks like a young woman in her 20s. She's wearing these Jackie Kennedy-style sunglasses with yellow lenses. The size and shape of her head, hair, lips, etc. all gives off the impression of an adult woman. She definitely doesn't look like a little girl.

So this made me laugh. Because if it's true, whoa mind blown. And if it's not -- which is what I assume it to be -- then it kinda made me "awwww ^^;" smile and chuckle at little Sofia trying to be all grown up via her Mii. But mostly it made me laugh because just as much as she probably wasn't expecting to find what she found, I sure as hell hadn't been expecting to find what I found.

Sofia, Part II: Sofia did not end up de-friending me, for which I was thankful. Indeed, we kept on exchanging O-Powers every once in a while, and occasionally she'd ask me to trade Pokémon with her and I'd happily oblige. The stuff she would give me was always pretty crappy -- not species-wise; just wrong abilities, wrong natures, etc. -- but I didn't much mind. I continued to assume, even after seeing that stunning Mii , that Sofia was in reality probably just some little girl who had no idea about the difference between a Modest Serene Grace 31/**/31/31/31/31 Togepi and a Rash Hustle **/**/**/**/**/** Togepi but who appreciated that Togepi was a cute Pokémon, that Togekiss was a powerful Pokémon, and therefore "TANK YOU TALON COWINNE ^-^" for the Pokémon I traded to her.

But the day finally came where Sofia challenged me to a battle. I had been dreading this day for quite some time. And that was because of two conflicting feelings:
  • on the one hand, I didn't want to crush Sofia. I don't want to crush any player, to be honest. I don't want to be the guy who makes that player hate Pokémon battles. I don't want to be the guy who shatters that child's unbridled enthusiasm for online play. I don't want to make some little kid who feels like he or she is awesome at this game feel like the biggest loser as the words "LOSE" flash onscreen before them in big, blue letters. But I especially didn't want to crush Sofia. Even if we'd never talked, I felt like we'd sort of begun to bond, and I'd hate to sever that bond by crushing her.
  • on the other hand, I'm kinda anal-retentively proud of my W-L-T records in my Pokémon games. I don't like to have a W:L ratio that's less than 1 (who does!?) and I enjoy being able to boast that I have a loss count of 0 (who doesn't!? ). It would pain me to lose my flawless win record before it even began by handing Sofia the win.
What to do, what to do, what to do!? While these thoughts are going through my head, it's been about 20 seconds since she challenged me. Panicking that I'll have hurt her feelings for not accepting, and confident that the game will let me draft my team from my PC once we go in there -- everything else in XY does! -- I go ahead and accept her invitation even though all I have on my team right now are Feather (Level 95 Talonflame) and five unhatched eggs.

Hoo boy. ^^;

Yeah, as you probably already know, the game doesn't allow you to pick your team once you accept the challenge. It assumes that whoever you have in your active team is who you want to battle with. So ... I was pretty much boned. And I knew it. So what did I do? I tried to cancel out. And the game allowed me to, without even having started the match ... but not before handing me the loss and Sofia the win. ^^; So much for that perfect record.

Sofia could clearly tell that something was wrong. After all, I had accepted ... only to then cancel? She sends me a second invite. I decline, going as fast as humanly possible to my PC to switch around my team. She invites me a third time. I have to decline again. And ... she goes to fight somebody else. I get my team ready and patiently wait for her to finish. Give her a minute or two since I don't want to spring her. I send her a challenge for a match, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ...

EEBW-WWWW-WWW4-RBGA is the code for our match. Now, before you load that sucker up, let me go ahead and say something: what I got and what I asked for were two very different things. So I want to ask you what I did wrong so that I can avoid this happening in the future.

What I asked for: an ordinary match, normal rules, 6v6 Singles, no funny business
What I got instead: everything I asked for ... except it was 3v6 Singles instead. O_o

Let me say that again: the match was 3v6 Singles. 3v6. As in "Talon only gets to choose three of his six squad members but Sofia gets to have all six of hers." And the thing is, I didn't know this. Not until she sent out her fourth Pokémon did I know this. Oh sure: I saw the six PokéBalls above her name when the match started! And oh sure, I saw them and panicked, wondering, "Does she get to use all six? O.o" But I quickly dismissed those fears, reasoning that it was just Game Freak's way of showing that she has six Pokémon on her team and I have no way of knowing which three she picked for this match. Nope. She got to use all six. Whereas I only got to use the three I picked.

So now that I've said that, let me walk you through this. First, I lead off with Gengar. I see in Team Preview that she has a Blaziken and I don't want any funny business. No sooner does the match begin though than I forget Blaziken even exists. So anyway, I Mega Evolve Gengar, swing, and make the score 3-5. Having done this, and believing the score to actually be 3-2, I am comfortable switching Mega Gengar out for Talonflame to allow Sofia to feel a little in control of the match, give her a chance to dish out some damage, etc. This is basically as good as I can get to throwing a match when playing with children. ^^; [/horrible man] When Talonflame dies and the score is now 2-4 (and I believing it to be 2-1), I panic. I panic because fucking Mega Blaziken. The only thing that saved me was, as is obvious from this fight, the fact that Sofia doesn't appear to have EV trained her Blaziken, thus allowing Mega Gengar to outspeed it despite multiple Speed Boosts. Thank God for that, because otherwise I would have been a goner. -.- Finally, with the score 1-3 (and me now realizing it's 1-3 and that this was a 3v6 match all along), the only thing that saved me was the fact that little Sofia brought two knives (Monferno and Quilava) to a gunfight. Were it not for that, I don't think Chandelure could've pulled me through to victory. But she did, and thus I achieve my first WiFi victory of Gen 6. Beating up my imaginary Italian ward and her mono-Fire team with my Mega Brokengar and two other EV-trained monstrosities. Yeah. I'm great at birthday parties and bar mitzvahs. -.-;

So anyway, yeah: tell me what went wrong when setting the match up. Because I don't ever want to be in this position again where I only get to use three Pokémon while my opponent gets to use six. Loki speculated that it might be a handicap system but I don't think that's right. (Especially not since, at the time of our match, my record would have officially been 0W 1L 0T.) I'm assuming that either I accidentally switched something on when I created the room or else Sofia switched something on when she got the room invite. I'd like to know what that switch was and what I can do about it. Because the last thing I need is to accept an invitation from a fellow competitive battler and then have the game be rigged 3v6.

Captain O-Planet: So, in between breeding Pokémon and misadventures with Sofia, I've been inching my way ever closer to having all of my O-Powers maxed out. One of the few mysteries I have left in the game, I've made a conscious decision to not look up how you unlock the final O-Power, Egg Hatching. But boy do I wish I had it. 'Cause while Togepis hatch awfully quickly, not all babies are quite so quick. Anyway, like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have several operating theories about that O-Power:
  1. you get it once you max out every O-Power to Level 3
  2. you get it once someone else who already has it gifts it to you enough times
  3. Mr. Bonding is waiting for me somewhere in Kalos, and once I find him I'll get the power
  4. it's a birthday gift and thus unlockable only if you play the game on your birthday
  5. it's an event giveaway
  6. other
Given the recently-unveiled existence of MAX level O-Powers, I'm starting to worry that the maxing-things-out theory is incorrect. And given how many times Schala and others have gifted me the power (I want to say that Schala alone has done it at least ten times already), I'm starting to think that it may not be that theory either. Perhaps the most obvious theory, given how you got all of the other O-Powers in the game, is the one which tasks you with locating Mr. Bonding. But I'll be damned if I know where he could be: I feel like I've already checked out all of the hotels and Pokémon centers when on random business in cities and towns (although I haven't yet done a thoroughly exhaustive search where I go one by one through the towns with a checklist, I'll admit) and I just haven't found him. Anyway, I'm really close to maxing out the powers (Attack @ 2 ranks, Defense @ 2 ranks, and PP @ 1 rank is all that remains before I have every single O-Power at Level 3), so don't give it away just yet. If I still don't have the power by the time I unlock all the Level 3s, I'll probably go on that systematic tour of Kalos, checklist in hand. If I still can't find that purple-red-suited fucker by then, I'll probably end up waving the white flag and checking Bulbapedia. Or maybe I'll ask someone at that time for a clue that doesn't completely give it away. I dunno. We shall see.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:08 AM   #231
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

I haven't battled online much, and I'm about to head to bed, so apologies if this isn't helpful.

Keeping your team in the Battle Box should prevent having to cancel the battle because your party is full of eggs, though you lack the flexibility of picking from more than six.

And there is a handicap option, but I have no idea how it affects the battles, and you would have had to turn it on.

Did you try to select all of them and it didn't let you? If so, then yeah, something went wrong and I've got no idea what, barring she sent you a request at the same time and the game messed up on the rules. (I've had an issue where I've sent a Trade Request and as soon as I save, I get the other person's trade request. Every time that happens, I get an error when I try to accept, so I could see there being a similar issue with battle requests.)

If it was that you were expecting 3V3, and only selected three Pokemon as a result, then it's more likely that you accidentally set it to 6V6. (Is there even a 3V3 option? Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember one when I set up a battle against a friend.)

It mostly hinges on whether or not you tried to select any Pokemon after your first three.

Someone with more experience with online battling might have come across this, and be of more help.

It's nice that you've made a friend, though.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #232
dirkac
uhhhhh

I've done some Online Battles, and you should always be able to choose 3-6 Pokémon in a Single/Triple Battle (4-6 in Double/Rotation, 3 in Multi).

You probably only chose three Pokémon instead of all six, by tapping Confirm earlier.

Otherwise, you may have chosen to use a Flat Battle instead of the pre-selected Normal Rules, which limits your Pokémon to the number given, but that doesn't explain Sofia's thing.

Last thing, it has something to do with the Handicap option. I haven't tested myself, but from others I've heard it lowers the amount of Pokémon you can use to the minimum required.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #233
Talon87
時の彼方へ

As stated, my expectation was for a 6v6 battle. While it's possible that being instructed to select my Pokémon led me to only select three (given the strong, Battle Frontier-influenced tendency to associate invitation to choose with only being allowed to choose three), I think it's more likely that I incredulously chose my first three and then the cursor automatically went to the "Confirm" button without me telling it to, thus indicating to me that I was only allowed these three choices.

If you guys are saying that even for 6v6 you're invited to select, I'll be sure to note that next time. If I experience a hard limitation of only three Pokémon again, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #234
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Egg Hatching O-Power: After several weeks of casually leveling up my O-Powers, I started to be a bit more proactive about it towards the end. It didn't take long before I was down to just four O-Powers remaining. Then two. Then one. Then finally ...! I got every single O-Power up to Level 3. Aaaaaaaaaaand ... nothing. Figured.

I decided to go exploring Kalos. Lucky for me, I didn't decide to explore all of it. I started at home ... and then decided to bail, heading straight for the places I figured Mr. Bonding was most likely to be. Hotel Richissime, the Pokémon Center near the Pokémon League HQ, places like those. No Mr. Bonding anywhere in sight.

So I decided to go ahead and look up what the deal was. Style!? Well, okay ... that's kinda odd. And seems to have nothing to do with breeding ... unless Game Freak is getting cynically philosophical here about how the most stylish people tend to be the ones who have the easiest time of-- ANYHOW! I went ahead and checked how much Venusaurite cost me (since I had yet to buy it). It was still at Ą70,000, which is where it'd been for the past few weeks. While I could've taken a more scientific approach to see just how close I was to naturally maxing out my style, I was impatient and said "Fuck it " and went ahead and purchased sixty-five Premier Balls (exactly as many as I'd acquired through legitimate means at Pokémon Centers' mart corners) and then promptly sold them back to the Lumiose shopkeeper, retaining the purity of my Premier Ball count as an indicator of how many I'd gotten the legit way. [/overly obsessive]

And so yeah. That's how I got the final O-Power. A bit anticlimactic, I know, but oh well. I did at least try the maxing things out approach and the exploring the world approach. Oh, and the "get it tons of times from friends" approach too.

Meet Blitz: Bold Togekiss 1 of 2 acquired.

Meet ???: Calm Togekiss 1 of 2 acquired.

The Road to Meowstic: I decided to take a break from Togekiss breeding. I had two choices before me:
  1. Go for what you're most eager to have next.
  2. Go for what you can most easily breed six 31s into since you have several six 31 Togetics.
Ever the pragmatist , I ended up deciding to try to make #1 happen by way of doing #2 first. So what that means is:
  • 6V Togetic (Fairy/Flying) --> 6V Pikachu (Fairy/Field) --> 6V Minccino, 6V Espurr (Field) --> 6V Lucario (Field/Human-like) --> 6V Croagunk (Human-like) --> 6V Jynx (Human-like)
  • 6V Togetic (Fairy/Flying) --> 6V Shroomish or Hoppip (Fairy/Grass) --> 6V Petilil (Grass)
As you can see, there are stepping stones (like Pikachu or Lucario) that either represent species I wouldn't mind owning a 6V of (like Raichu) or that I should probably have on hand for competitive purposes (Lucario), and then there are the target species I've babbled on about in earlier posts (Meowstic, Jynx). So I'm trying to get there ... but going a bit of a round-about way to do it, all in the name of ensuring that the six 31s I have on these Togetics are shared with other lines and don't go to waste. Consequently ...

Breeding Pikachu: Lots and lots of baby Pichus have been hatched. I've got a 6V male Togetic breeding with a 5V female Lightning Rod Pikachu. Sadly, they're not highly compatible so the rate at which eggs is produced is dismal. But bit by bit, I'm trying to work my way towards hatching either a female 6V Pichu with Lightning Rod (who I could then use to breed a subsequent male) or else hatching a 6V male Pichu (the ability would not matter if I am in a rush to press onward with breeding) who I can use with Minccino. Once Minccino's gotten, it's on to Espurr. Once Espurr's gotten, it's on to Riolu (or else a better candidate; not really a huge fan of Lucario, I'll be perfectly honest ). Once I have whatever middleman I choose to go with there, it'll finally, finally be time for Croagunk and then Jynx.

Idiot Kids & Why I Hate Nintendo's Internet Communication Decisions: So if the title doesn't already make it clear ...

There have been quite a few passersby who have asked me to trade with them. I'm a generally nice guy and I don't mind trying to share my excess 4Vs and 5Vs with the world. Even if they only give me some 1V or 0V shitmon in return, generally I don't mind too too bad. (Though it would be nice to get something of equal value in return ... ¬_¬) But what does bother me is when the person on the other end is some idiot little kid and the following happens:
  1. he tries to offer me a Level 72 Mewtwo in a Dusk Ball. No thank you, twerp: I'm not interested in your GTS clonemon. (And if it's not a clone, then I'm really not interested in it! Don't want to rob you of your only Mewtwo, kid.)
  2. he then sees that I'm trying to offer him a Level 1 Togepi
  3. to him, this looks like I'm trying to give him trash for treasure, so he de-selects Mewtwo and selects some crappy Level 13 Pokémon I already have a good version of
  4. I de-select what I am offering him, to try and indicate to him that I don't want or need his shitmon
  5. he re-selects Mewtwo
  6. I re-select Togepi, but I don't want to trade for his Mewtwo. I'm trying to scare him off of it and onto something new.
  7. He's scared off of Mewtwo and de-selects it. He then reselects the shitmon. Ugh. -_-;
  8. I de-select Togepi.
  9. He de-selects the shitmon. He now selects a new GTS cloned legendary.
  10. I select a 5V Litwick, Level 1.
  11. He de-selects. He offers some crappy Level 15 Helioptile he caught on Route 9. No. -_-;
  12. I de-select.
And this keeps going on until eventually either he quits out of frustration or I do. The most recent couple of times it's happened, I've been the one to lose patience first. And each time this has happened, the kid on the other end (a different kid each time, mind) will send me another request to trade. It's like, no! We clearly aren't communicating and just ... no! Fucking no! I don't want your GTS clone garbage! And you can't tell that what I'm trying to gift you is gold rather than trash too! So just no, kid. No.

I really don't understand why so many little kids think that people want cloned legendaries. I know I sure as hell don't. Not only am I not interested in touching hacks and clones to this cartridge (as best as can be helped, anyway) but I'm certainly not interested in having my PokéDex anticlimatically fill in Mewtwo's or Zygarde's entries behind the scenes. Fuck that shit. When my PokéDex fills in those entries, I want it to be grand. I want it to be at the tail end of me capturing those fuckers out in the wild. With ideal natures. With ideal IVs. Fuck yeah. A long hard fight capped off with the PokéDex entry filling in, commemorating my achievement. Fuck that "so i herd u liek mudkipz" nonsense of silently filling in the Dex entry for a supremely legendary creature. I guess it's sort of like a first kiss: you want it to be with someone special, not with someone ugly or unimportant to you. Similarly, I want "my first Mewtwo" to be mine, not someone's clone from the GTS. Ditto for Zygarde. Ditto for Zapdos.

But what really ticks me off is Nintendo. Nintendo and their retarded decision to not allow us to communicate with people we're trading with. A, fucking give us at least 140 characters like Twitter does. Christ. This 16-character limit is suffocating, especially in English. Fucking Nintendo, only worried about the needs of Japanese players. B, allow us to type messages to one another when trading. It doesn't have to be as much as outside of trades if you're that fucking worried about pedophiles. When talking during a trade, you can limit it to maybe 40 characters per message, up to three messages per trading session. But for Christ's sake: allow me to say to the guy on the other end, "togepi has serene grace, 5IVs, modest, nasty plot". Allow me to fucking say, "don't want clones. don't want legendaries." Hell: allow me to at least click on a "Like " / "Dislike " button if nothing else! At least allow me to communicate to the guy on the other end, "No, I'm not trying to scam you out of a Mewtwo for a Level 1 Togepi. I don't want your fucking Mewtwo. And I'm the one trying to give you the gift! -_-;" by means of a "Dislike" button I can press each time he tries to give me Mewtwo. Fuck, man. Fuck. Does no one with half a brain for human relations work at Game Freak or Nintendo these days? Cooooooome on. There's being afraid of pedos talking to kids online and then there's this. This is insane. You may as well not even allow us to trade with strangers period if you're going to strangle our ability to communicate our wants and needs to them.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #235
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

What people have done to get around the lack of communication ability (which is weird because we had those little faces in Gen V) is nickname a number of Pokémon with common trade terms like "Yes", "No", "Thank You", "Have It" etc. You can show the Pokémon to communicate what you want.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #236
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Right, I've seen that, but I still feel like it's ridiculous that we have to resort to such prisoner-level strategies to communicate. FFS, Nintendo: this isn't Shawshank. Let us talk. People are still getting around your attempts to censor them (I saw kids giddy over the fact that the censor doesn't interpret a pipe | the same as L l, so they could write Hit|er and it looks like Hitler just fine in-game) and all this really has the effect of is pissing people off and morphing what could've been an amazingly powerful and fun multiplayer function into something rather closer to castration.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #237
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Bump? ^^; : For a number of the usual reasons, I put the game down some time in February, not long after the last post in this thread. But with EAI nudging me to sign into my game, I found myself drawn back into trying to complete my dream collection of beloved, properly-EV trained, properly-bred creatures.

New Additions to the Team: When I last left off, I had been really close to completing my goal of getting a 5V or 6V Meowstic-F with good moves and ability. The thing was, back in 2013, people were still unclear as to whether Meowstic-F was better off with Infiltrator (allowing her to bypass substitutes) or with Competitive (allowing her to benefit from everything that triggers Bisharp's Defiant). Around the time I put the game down -- in fact, probably one of the contributing factors ^^; -- people seemed to have decided that Competitive was the better ability. There was only problem: I had been breeding with Infiltrator Espurrs instead of Own Tempo ones. :\

Meowstic-F: So to the surprise of no one, Meowstic-F was my first new addition to my collection. She has five 31s (Attack is the odd one out), Competitive for her ability, a Timid nature, and I'm wanting to see how a TrickSpecs set works so she's running Trick (an Egg Move) and three damage-dealing moves. I have yet to test her out and see if this is a better idea than aiming for a Calm Mind + Stored Power set, but we'll see. Meowstic-F's problem is that she's not quite as fast as she'd like to be. Her base speed of 104 falls shy of that coveted base speed of 115 and even shy of the 110s and 105s that have become more common over the past three generations. This is especially problematic for one with as weak a punch as she has (base 83) and as weak of defenses as she has (74, 76, and 81). But I like the creature. And I'd like to see her work. So ... we'll see. Welcome to the team, Iori!

Cinccino: Up next was Cinccino. I had forgotten all about this, but when I last played the game, I'd gone kind of wild with Field egg group breeding. I have two 6V Pikachus (both Lightningrod, one of each gender) at Level 50+. O_o This allowed me to get a 5V male Spinda (missing SpAtk) with Trick pretty darn quickly, who I imagine was in turn how I got Trick onto the Espurr breeding stock half a year ago. Well, coming back to the game, I realized, "... So what's stopping me from getting Cinccino again? " If you followed my BW2 playthrough last summer, you may remember that I made a lifelong generation-long dream come true when I caught a Jolly female Skill Link Minccino from one of the BW2 groves and properly EV trained her. Knowing I wanted to get one with perfect Attack and Speed some day, this one was seen as a progenitor for the line. Sticking with my Japanese historical figures naming scheme that I utilized for BW2, I named her Okatsu.

Well, I abandoned my plans to import all of my old creatures once I learned about the breeding revolution that happened in XY with the redone Destiny Knot. So that meant that Okatsu, who I'd worked so hard to capture and raise, was still on my White 2 gamepak. But that didn't change my desire any to have a working Cinccino again. And so ...

I've named her Chacha for now, since I was looking for a name that began with the same "ch" sound as in the word "chinchilla," and Chacha seemed a good spiritual fit given her predecessor Okatsu. She's Jolly, has Skill Link, and is running a late Gen 5 classic set of Tail Whip, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Aqua Tail. I see that Smogon now recommends either Knock Off (buffed by Gen 6) or U-Turn in that final slot, but neither of these is an egg move whereas Aqua Tail is, so for the time being I'm going to leave Aqua Tail in place. If I decide that U-Turn or Knock Off really would be better, I may breed a second Cinccino. But for now, I hope to have lots of enjoyable games with Chacha.

Jynx: Next up was someone you may remember me talking about at length last year when I first played the game. Jynx, Jynx, all I ever said was how much I wanted a Jynx. And I still did! It's just that a number of creatures kept cutting in front of her in line, mostly owing to circumstance. But after I was done EV training Iori and Chacha, I was left to answer the question, "Who next?" And Jynx stares at me with these puppy dog eyes and it's like oh hell how can I refuse.

A trade with Schala made this one fairly easy. She'd given me a 5V Modest Jynx whose only missing 31 was in Special Defense or Speed or some such. I knew that I wanted either a 5V Jynx with the missing stat being in Attack or else a 6V Jynx for just-to-have-one reasons. And I knew I wanted a Timid Jynx to maximize that Speed stat. Especially since the first Jynx I planned to make was a Nasty Plot Jynx, and thus Modest would be overkill whereas Timid would be giving me vital advantages in close speed wars. So all I had to do was go find a Croagunk who had 5V stats (at least one of which was SchalaModestJynx's missing stat), a Timid nature, and Nasty Plot.

Oh wait.

I don't have that yet. ^^;

So I went and made it. And then I resumed Operation: Jynx.

A bit of effort later (though not too too bad), I had my Timid, 5V-Atk, Nasty Plot Jynx. I gave her Gen 5 EVs (8 HP, 248 SpAtk, 252 Speed) because I agree with Smogon's Gen 5 assessment to maximize speed, pump SpAtk as much as possible, and to place 8 critical EVs in HP in order to give Jynx as many switch-ins as possible when Stealth Rock is out on the field. In Gen 6, Smogon disagrees with its Gen 5 self and advocates different EV spreads. But meh. Call me old-fashioned, but I think they had it right the previous time. (Well, one of the previous times. There are a whole lot of Gen 5 builds of Jynx, each with its own EV spread.)

I couldn't decide on a nickname that fit Jynx, so for the time being I've gone with the oh-Talon nickname of Chigusa. Not too thrilled with it but if it grows on me then I'll be happy to keep it. If I can think of a nickname I like better then I'll change it.

Greninja: Boy was this one a doozy. @_@ Suffice to say that I was aiming for a final target who was any of the following:
  • Hasty Protean 31/30/31/30/31/31 (HP: Grass)
  • Timid Protean 31/0/31/31/31/31
  • Timid Protean 31/31/31/31/31/31
I wanted the last one most of all not because it's ideal for use competitively but because 1) personal satisfaction in owning 6Vs and 2) ideal breeding stock for any and all future Greninja. After all, today we're all about predominantly special sweepers when it comes to the ninja frog, but I think mixed sweepers and support sets are already viable and that maybe even dedicated physical sweepers aren't too far off in the future. ("If you build it, they will come." If Game Freak gives him the moves, people will find applications for them.)

My next biggest want was the first one -- simply because it's the very Greninja I've been using on PS for the past few months. (Though I should note that I stupidly had left the PS one's nature as Timid rather than switching it over to Hasty. ¬_¬ Whoops and already fixed.) He doesn't like the hit to Attack because he makes use of U-Turn, and he prefers HP: Grass to Grass Knot because it allows him to hit Rotom-W better. (Smogon insists that this is why you run Extrasensory or Dark Pulse, but Four Move Slot Syndrome applies and if U-Turn's on the set then no dice.)

My third biggest want was the middle one. And that's the one I ended up getting. ^^; O_o; It was pretty crazy luck. Only two or three batches after getting a 5V male with a 30 IV in Attack who could breed with his female doppelganger, I lucked into this hatch. 5Vs in everything but Attack, for which he has an astonishing IV of 0, making him an ideal dedicated special sweeper.

Wanting to move on to other breeding projects, I called it quits here for now. But I may come back to breeding Greninjas some day. Especially if better mixed or dedicated physical builds become available.

Mamoswine: Having already created 50% of my OU team (Staraptor, Togekiss, and Greninja), I decided to try and polish off as many as I could of the remainder. Jirachi and Diancie are inaccessible, but I could make Hydreigon, Mamoswine (semi-retired), and Galvantula (retired). I decided to start with Mamoswine.

This project is still ongoing, so I actually don't have a Mamoswine yet. What I do have is a Jolly 5V female Swinub with Thick Fat at Level 49+ with the egg moves Icicle Crash, Avalanche, Freeze-Dry, and Stealth Rock. (Her grandmother or great-grandmother had had Icicle Spear in place of Freeze-Dry but I wanted to replace the former with the latter because I knew I wouldn't like Icicle Spear.) Like I mentioned, this female is a 5V, her only non-31 being Special Defense. I've paired her up with a 6V male Pikachu of mine and am trying to generate a baby who is 6V, Jolly, male (because secondary sex traits i.e. tusks), has Thick Fat, and has all four egg moves. Once I get him, I'll probably raise him to be a dedicated physical attacker (similar to Tusk, my old Mamoswine who's currently on a Gen 4 cartridge), meaning that I'll probably delete Freeze-Dry along with several other moves. I'll then use this Mamoswine to breed a second 6V Mamoswine, only this time I'll be aiming for a nature that better suits Freeze-Dry; and I'll have that Mamoswine keep it.

Togekiss: In the midst of the Mamoswine breeding project, I became distracted by the fact that several of my Togetics (not yet evolved into Togekisses and not yet given their final movesets because Togetic breeds faster) were fast nearing Level 100. I wanted to make sure that before they got there I managed to give them their final moves and evolved them with Shiny Stones. Consider it the paranoia of an old-timer. So I decided to breed some 6V replacements (who would serve as the new breeding stock reserves) such that I was freed up to overwrite moves like Wish, Baton Pass, and even Nasty Plot from several of these guys.

What ended up happening was that I bred, quite by accident (in just two batches) ...
  • a 5V Calm female (missing Attack) with Serene Grace and all three egg moves
  • a 6V Modest male, ditto
  • a second 6V Modest male, ditto
So because I now had four amazing Modest Togekiss candidates, I was 100% freed up to do the following:
  • finally overwrite Storm's old moves, converting him into the experimental Modest, speedy T-Wave Paraflinch model that he'd always been meant to be
  • finally delete Nasty Plot from Glide II, finally making him an identical match to the Glide I use on PS
  • create Glide III, who would basically be running Glide II's until-recently moveset (3 Attacks + Nasty Plot)
  • and have a 6V Modest male left over to hold onto as breeding stock, with the egg moves Nasty Plot, Wish, and Baton Pass
Super super lucky. ^^;

As for the Calm 5V girl, you may remember that my original plan earlier this year was to have six different Togekisses because I'm obsessive like that and I wanted to have one each of the following:
  1. a Modest all-out attacker
  2. a Modest ParaFlinch T-Waver
  3. a Bold three attacks + Nasty Plot
  4. a Bold ParaFlinch T-Waver
  5. a Calm three attacks + Nasty Plot
  6. a Calm ParaFlinch T-Waver
I felt that the all-out attacker was more fun and had more merit whereas Smogon has historically pushed heavily for the T-Wave ParaFlincher. (I see that in recent months they've warmed up to attacking models though. Good! ) Also, I've historically run a Modest Togekiss, aiming for max speed and power, but Smogon's historically pushed bulkier builds and I couldn't decided whether they were right to max the stronger defense (SpDef; Calm) or whether they were wrong and it'd be better to patch up the weaker defense (Def; Bold). For these reasons, we wound up with six different (though similar) Togekisses instead of just one.

Before I put the games down last, I had hatched and EV trained 66% of these. (Specifically: 1, 2, 4, and 5.) This meant that the Calm 5V girl I just hatched would be a perfect candidate for one of the remaining two builds (#6).

So now, all I'm missing from my original plan is the Bold three attacks one (#3). And I find myself with the prospect of owning seven fully-trained Togekisses when all is said and done. ^^; Because take the list above and add to it Glide III (Modest three attacks + Nasty Plot).

But for now, because the female I hatched wasn't a 6V ... this means that until I hatch a 6V replacement for my Calm 6V girl (#6), I can't delete her moves yet nor evolve her. Which means that she and Glide III are going to just sit in the box as unevolved Togetics with their egg move breeding fodder until I feel like chasing after the unicorn that is a 6V female Togepi with Serene Grace. (Statistical odds of getting one, even when you pair up two 6Vs: 1/32 for the IVs multiplied by 1/8 for the gender multiplied by 3/5 for the ability = odds of only 3 in 1280 ~= odds of only 1 in 427. )

Other New Creatures: Shortly before the trial period for Pokémon Bank expired, I fired up my game very briefly and acquired both my event Torchic (who had been sitting with the Pokémon Center girl all this time) and my Bank Celebi (who I made to receive shortly after completing the transaction for Torchic). Given that it's now trivially easy to breed a 5V or 6V Speed Boost Torchic, I didn't fuss too much about getting "the perfect Torchic" from the delivery girl. But I don't think I rushed it either. Looking in the PC, mine is Adamant, of course has Speed Boost, and is male. IIRC you could only get a male anyway? So yeah. I think it's a good Torchic, but it's probably "only" 2V or 3V and thus not anywhere near as good as one I could breed. ^^; As for the Celebi, there was no way to control for that, as you may recall, and so mine is Relaxed (are you frickin' kidding me ~_~). Better than no Celebi at all, I guess.

I've downloaded the event Pinsir but I have yet to collect mine. I intend to do that soon, though, because I also have yet to download my mega stone and I don't want to miss the timing of that event. (IIRC it ends in about two to three weeks.)

The Battle Maison: As touched on below, I challenged the Battle Maison in order to acquire enough points to purchase, at a bare minimum, one Choice Band to plop onto Chacha the Cinccino as she could really use the added power. I'm hoping that once I get more of my dream team fleshed out that I'll have time and motivation to prepare a team dedicated to taking the Battle Maison down. I've read articles about players' successful strategies for the Doubles and Triples formats, and perhaps that's how I'll go about farming points too. But for now, my priorities are on completing the creatures I wish to use in WiFi Singles battles.

Item Update: I've been obsessively refraining from sorting my items acquired since the last post, so here goes the latest item update so I can sort things manually:
  • Items: Comet Shard, Venusaurite, Blazikenite, Charizardite Y, Mystic Water, Choice Band
  • Medicine: no new categories
  • TMs: no new TMs
  • Berries: no new berries
  • Key Items: no new key items
  • Items on Team Members or on Pokémon in the PC: Charizardite Y placed on a breeding stock Charmander for safe keeping
Regarding that last category, some further elaboration: I took the Expert Belt that I mentioned last time and placed it in my backpack. I also placed several other items in my backpack that had been in the PC. There were not too many. The only new one was a Mystic Water held by a Lapras I caught in a Friend Safari months ago. There was one notable item in this category, though, which was EAI's Charizardite Y that he traded to me before resetting his game. Because I hadn't gotten my own yet, and because I'm weird and finnicky about things like this, I didn't want to withdraw it from the PC before I could go and get my own ... nor did I want it to get "mixed up" with my own from my native game pak. (Even though I'm well aware that they're all the same game data ... *sigh*) So I decided to leave it in the PC. But I didn't want it to stay put on the throw-away Oddish he traded to me, not in case I were to mistakenly release that Oddish while it was still holding onto its mega stone. And so I relocated the stone from the Oddish (who's still hanging out in a box I have dedicated to trademons that are just there to boost my odds of winning the lottery ^^;; ) to a Charmander that I have in a different box, one dedicated to holding onto Adams and Eves for future breeding projects.

Last time I posted, my latest item acquisitions had included the remainder of the power items, a Dawn Stone, a Scope Lens, and a Wide Lens. In between that post and when I last played the game, I had also gone on to get 1) my very first Comet Shard, and until recently also my last, 2) my Venusaurite from the Lumiose City stone shop, and 3) my Blazikenite held by the event Torchic. The last of these would have happened the week Pokémon Bank's trial period expired, which for me was approximately 29 days longer than everyone else's since I strategically held off on cashing in my one-month free trial until the very last day it was possible. Anyway, minor details. ^^;

Since then, I've also acquired (as you can see listed above) my game's own native copy of Charizardite Y (which, with EAI's trade, brings me temporarily to two copies in total), the Mystic Water I withdrew from the PCed Friend Safari Lapras, and a Choice Band that I challenged the Battle Maison several times to save up enough points for. The Choice Band a) is meant for Chacha the Cinccino to hold onto when I use her online and b) is meant for other creatures on my team to hold onto when challenging the Battle Maison. If I can save up enough points to purchase multiple copies no sweat, then I will, but until then I'm going to have to be prudent, focusing on acquiring 1x copy of Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Toxic Orb, Flame Orb, etc. before worrying about getting second and third copies of the Choice Band.

Last edited by Talon87; 08-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #238
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The Trouble with Tribbles Swinub: I am trying to get a Jolly male Swinub with six 31s and Thick Fat. I have gotten twelve Jolly 6Vs so far. Every possible permutation except male with Thick Fat. I think I've hatched over 300 Swinub eggs at this point. Taking a short break.

In Search of Dragons: Currently breeding Charmanders. I have a female 5V (missing SpAtk) breeding with a 5V Dratini (unfortunately also missing SpAtk :\). The father is Adamant but my immediate goal is Timid 5V-Atk or 6V and so the Everstone is off.

I've upleveled the Larvitar emp traded me and the Bagon I received from the GTS for later breeding.

I've also upleveled the Deino I got. She will probably be who comes next after Charmander and Swinub.

Mega Stone Hunting: I decided to collect the mega stones. Mostly tried to find them on my own but I frequently would turn to Serebii to confirm my hunches before going on what could otherwise have been a wild goose chase. Kinda wish I hadn't but then again some of these would have been impossible to find otherwise. (That Aggronite! Seriously!)

An updated item list:
  • Kangaskhanite, Scizorite, Heracronite, Banettite, Houndoominite, Garchompite, Gyaradosite, Aggronite, Mawilite, Shell Bell, Ampharosite, Splash Plate, Deep Sea Tooth, Deep Sea Scale, Alakazite
  • TM97 Dark Pulse, TM81 X-Scissor
If anyone should happen to have a Charizardite X they want to exchange for a Charizardite Y, let me know.

Idiots Rejecting Treasure: A number of players have asked to trade with me recently. I accept each invitation, hoping that this will be the one who is answering my request for a Contrary Spinda. Unfortunately, they've all been fools.

One guy wanted to trade me shinies for what I can only presume to be more shinies. He took the hint that I had zero interest in shinies and put up an ordinary Level 50 Bisharp. I have no need for a Bisharp with zero guarantees of being good, but I decided to be generous and offer him a 5V Jolly female Swinub with four egg moves and Thick Fat. He took one look at that level of 1 and took down Bisharp. He then placed Bisharp back up. This carried on as I offered him a 5V female Calm Togepi with egg moves, a 5V female Timid Lightningrod Pichu with egg moves, every single species I've ever bred. I lost my patience with him and amazingly he lost his patience with me at the exact same time: moment I decided to quit, I had only a one-second wait. Ridiculous.

Similar situation with another kid who kept putting up a Level 52 Spinda (99% likely to be non-Contrary) that had the nickname "DIANCIE PLZ". No, kid. -.-; I don't have a Diancie and even if I did I wouldn't trade it to you for some garbage Spinda. You're the one who knocked on my door offering a trade. I'm the one who has a status message clearly indicating he wants DW Spinda. Don't act so insulted when I offer you treasure you didn't ask for in exchange for garbage I didn't ask for. -_-;
Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #239
Heather
Naga's Voice

You say youre going for a charmander but you need special Attack? I have a frend safari Charmeleon, I just need to bring it to the judge and see if it has SpAtk 31s on it. (Should we do the friend thing, My Safari has Breloom and Machoke if youve ever wanted those. Sawk is meh, but its there.)

As for your GTS horror stories...

This is why we need Negotiations back. I mean, hell, we got four buttons which werent worth much, but at least they did something for communication! Either let us send text messages to people (LONGER THAN 16 CHARACTERS MIND YOU, ENGLISH IS NOT MEGADENSE LIKE JAPANESE) or bring back Negotiations. What we currently have is...just...useless and so horribly strangled. And if a pedophile is trying to use the GTS to stalk little kids, theyre doing it oh so horribly wrong. For every little 9 year old on the GTS there is at least one person who isn't within the age range and likely knows how to deal with such types of ilk. GameFreak needs to see some of this stuff. Us people in America are at a huge disadvantage when trading. we cant say half of what they can, we're not allowed to use Japanese while Japanese can use English for whatever reason, and they expect us to be able to understand each other when trading when all we can see is a species and a level? Add IV's/EV's to summaries, dont give us some vague judge moron to leave us guessing, and make the summaries of offered pokemon viewable for God's sake. Because if someone can see summary of what looks like a shitmon and see "Wait, it's practically freaking comp flawless!", we'll have a lot less of these trade nightmares in which no one can understand the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #240
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
You say youre going for a charmander but you need special Attack? I have a frend safari Charmeleon, I just need to bring it to the judge and see if it has SpAtk 31s on it. (Should we do the friend thing, My Safari has Breloom and Machoke if youve ever wanted those. Sawk is meh, but its there.)
I'm way, way past the point of Friend Safari Pokémon being of any much use to me. ^^;; I already have 6V males in the following egg groups:
  • Fairy
  • Flying
  • Field
I have 5V males in the following egg groups:
  • Monster
  • Dragon
  • Water 1
  • Human-Like
It's more prudent for me at this time to chain breed IVs across egg groups than it is to use a Friend Safari male as an Adam. And it's more prudent for me to download females off of the GTS (in exchange for my own excess 5Vs and 6Vs), females who are 4V or better and often come with egg moves, than it is for me to use a Friend Safari female as an Eve.

Specifically with Charizard, my current situation is as follows:
  • I have a Timid 5V female Charmander whose only missing stat is SpAtk
  • I have a Naughty 5V male Charmander whose only missing stat is SpAtk.
  • And I have a Timid 5V female Bagon whose only missing stat is Attack.
What I'm going to do is:
  1. Pair up the second two, the male Charmander and the female Bagon.
  2. Shoot for a Naughty 6V Bagon (either gender).
  3. Along the way, when I get a 5V male Bagon whose missing stat is Attack ...
  4. ... Set him aside to be bred with the first of the three bulleted creatures above, the Timid female Charmander.
  5. When their time comes, breed those two together. A 6V would be nice, and a 6V female would be wonderful, but all I really need is a 5V Timid female whose missing stat is Attack. Which I should be able to get easily.
By the end of this, I will have a 5V (missing Atk) or better Timid Charmander and a 5V (missing Def/SpDef) or better Naughty Bagon.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #241
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Unless it's a superpower contrary Spinda, it's not that good.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #242
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Unless it's a superpower contrary Spinda, it's not that good.
I realize. But I am confident that they're going to allow Spinda to pick the move up again in the future, whether as a Move Tutor move or as an egg move. Even if it doesn't happen in Gen 6, I'm thinking long term. May as well have a 5V or 6V Contrary female now than have to worry about getting one later. I understand that not all event moves from the past have resurfaced again in the future (Wish Blissey being a famous example, ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoon being another), but I feel like there's little for them to lose with Spinda and the niche the vertigo teddy tried to carve out for himself with Trick Room support is something worth keeping alive.

Let's be honest though: Spinda's not that good period. Base 60 stats are quite poor. In a metagame riddled with priority attacks, you won't be able to get off that first Superpower, Trick Room or not, before taking a hit to your paltry base 60 Defense and base 60 HP. Spinda is at best a novelty playtoy, meant to be used in friendly games or when feeling particularly bored or daring.

So I guess what I'm saying is, if you happen to already have a DW female Spinda, I wouldn't mind a female child even if she obviously lacks Superpower since it's unfortunately not heritable.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #243
Heather
Naga's Voice

Spinda is indeed horribly outclassed for a ContraPower user, as Malamar exists. Granted, Spinda doesnt outright die to Steamroller because of typing, it dies because its stats are horrible which is worse.

Also just Scrolled up and I HAVE CHARIZARDITE X. Granted I still need to remove wing attack from the thing, but I have it I have it I have it. However, it was traded to me and as such I have no bearing on any EVs/IVs. However, since I have Zardite Y already I believe, could I get Mawilite instead? I have a really good looking little chomper in Box 1 and all I need is its Mega Stone. If its not X exclusive, its location should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #244
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
Spinda is indeed horribly outclassed for a ContraPower user, as Malamar exists. Granted, Spinda doesnt outright die to Steamroller because of typing, it dies because its stats are horrible which is worse.

Also just Scrolled up and I HAVE CHARIZARDITE X. Granted I still need to remove wing attack from the thing, but I have it I have it I have it. However, it was traded to me and as such I have no bearing on any EVs/IVs. However, since I have Zardite Y already I believe, could I get Mawilite instead? I have a really good looking little chomper in Box 1 and all I need is its Mega Stone. If its not X exclusive, its location should do.
Okay, okay. ^^; This isn't really the thread for general XY discussion. (That would be this thread.) And it's not the thread where I conduct business trades anymore either. (That would be this thread.) This is more of a journal where I publicly keep track of what I am up to in the game, what I have accomplished, etc.

I'll take responsibility for confusing you tonight by bringing trade desires up in this thread. And I'll go ahead and answer your questions here too: the only mega stone I am willing to trade is Charizardite Y; I have no other spare mega stones; and the only other mega stones I would be willing to trade for would be other X exclusives like Tyranitarite, Mewtwonite X, and so on. Though subtract Pinsirite from that list since I was able to get one of my own from the recent GameStop event. Really, though, I want Charizardite X more than any of the others, and so I will probably not trade away my Charizardite Y until I can find someone who is interested in that specific trade.

My trade thread has just been updated to reflect my latest wants and offers. Take a look at the rules at the very top of the thread and then, if you think you're eligible, take a look at what's on offer and see if there are any deals to be made.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #245
Talon87
時の彼方へ

New Additions to the Team: Last time we left off, I was taking a break from breeding Swinubs, had begun breeding Charmanders, and was looking to the future of breeding Bagons. A lot's happened since then ...

Salamence: On the cusp of getting the Charmander I was after, I swerved off into breeding Bagons. I'll spare you the reasoning. Suffice to say that I now have a Naughty 31/31/31/31/*/31 Salamence named Grenoth. Grenoth is a replica of the latest incarnation of my VGC Salamence, Erevorn, sporting a nature which doesn't hurt Atk or SpAtk and a mixed moveset to match. He's thus the very first of my VGC 2014 team members to make it into my Pokémon Y game. Welcome to the team, Grenoth!

Charizard: Circling back around to Charmander breeding, I eventually obtained a Jolly male with 31/*/31/31/31/31 IVs. Named Graeme, he is a male replica of my female Charizard Brynhildr from my VGC 2014 team. This makes Graeme the second VGC 2014 team member to make it into my Y game. Welcome, Graeme!

Talonflame: Before returning to Swinub breeding, I decided to get this one out of the way. Long overdue, I finally went ahead and bred myself an Adamant 31/31/31/*/31/31 Talonflame with Gale Wings. A replica of my VGC 2014 Talonflame Cinder, this girl is named Pyregrine (a play on words of pyr- and peregrine).

Mamoswine: Going back to Singles team breeding, I resumed work on trying to obtain what had become my personal white whale: a Jolly 6V male Mamoswine with Thick Fat. Even though there's no benefit in a Jolly one being 6V, I had decided on having one and was determined to stop at nothing to get it. Eventually, after what had to have been in excess of 300 to 400 eggs, I finally got what I was after. Tusk II (a reincarnation of the original Tusk) added to the team. I may write more about this ordeal later. For a little more info, be sure to check out my trade thread for the full list of the 6Vs and 5Vs I hatched along the way.

Hydreigon: Having produced four of my recent (2013-2014) team members in Staraptor, Togekiss, Greninja, and now Mamoswine, I became excited to round out my Singles OU team and pressed on to Deino. Hydreigon has been on my team for several years now, and while some of his former teammates have been retired, he's still there, doing a pretty decent job. After a bit of breeding, I was able to generate two Hydreigons -- one Modest, the other Timid, both 31/*/31/31/31/31. I've named the Modest one Medea for now. The Timid one I haven't got a nickname I'm the least bit happy with. Welcome to the team, Medea and [???]! ^^;

Galvantula: Since I don't have easy access in Generation 6 to Diancie or Jirachi, I went back in time and re-drafted my old friend Galvantula. Part of the reason I retired Galvantula has already become apparent in early playtests -- too many special attackers and not enough ways to adequately deal with special walls -- but it's still nice to have an old friend from the simulator scene on my official game cartridge. By accident, I got a 6V Timid male with CompoundEyes, so I decided to go ahead and EV train him and assign him to the duty of a non-Hidden Power user (since his stats wouldn't matter there anyway). But my goal was to get a 31/0/30/31/31/31, the perfect HP:Ice Galvantula, and after quite a bit of effort, I finally got what I came for. Couldn't think of any nicknames I was happy with for these little guys. For now, the 6V is named Stripe (super simple ^^;; ) and the HP:Ice guy is named Theraphosus. Both names are suspect to change, but we'll see what happens.

Item Update:
  • Items: two additional Everstones (bringing the current total to four)
  • Medicine: no new types of medicine
  • TMs: TM14 Blizzard, TM25 Thunder, TM38 Fire Blast, TM52 Focus Blast, TM15 Hyper Beam
  • Berries: no new berries
  • Key Items: no new key items
  • Items on Team Members or on Pokémon in the PC: nothing new acquired, though I relocated EAI's Charizardite Y to Graeme, my VGC Charizard
The only real thing of note here is that I overlooked the TMs in Anistar City, passed over during Story Mode due to the combination of saving money and not wanting to crowd out my TM list with a bunch of stuff I wasn't going to use. Well, I needed Focus Blast for the Hydreigons, so I figured I may as well go ahead and buy the other four as well while I was at it.

I did farm some Everstones a while ago though. (Possibly even before the last update? I forget.) Went to Route 12 or wherever it is with the Everstone-carrying Geodude swarms and managed to get two new Everstones (bringing my total to four) in order to make it easier to grind levels on batches of unevolved creatures in the Battle Maison without losing any of my limited O-Power time to frequent evolution attempts.

Current Goals: I guess I have three general goals at the moment. First, finish building my VGC team. Second, continue to create creatures I've always wanted to own a copy of. Third, capture the remaining legendaries in my game.

For the VGC team, the creatures I need to build are Rotom-Wash, Aegislash, and technically Gardevoir. I already own three Gardevoir, but they are:
  1. Bold, 252 HP, 252 Def
  2. Modest, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
  3. Timid, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed
whereas the one I use in VGC is Modest, 252 SpAtk ... and 252 Def. The first three Gardevoir are all basically "three sides of the same coin" (if that makes sense ), variations on the "same Gardevoir" intended for use in 6v6 Singles. All three of them sport Calm Mind and the idea is for them to be Calm Mind sweepers. But you don't have time to dick around with Calm Mind in Doubles. Gardevoir needs immediate firepower (hence Modest and 252 SpAtk) and she also can't afford to take too many hits (hence 252 Def). So while I do already have Gardevoirs who I could sub in for my VGC one, I should probably try to build a fourth Gardevoir just to have everything covered.

For the creatures I just want to have, the ones who are probably highest on the list right now (in no particular order) are:
  • Own Tempo Lilligant, a long-time want
  • Speed Boost Scolipede, a newer want
  • Mega Mawile, a newer want
And there are others as well, others who I might end up doing before any of these three. Who knows. Only time will tell.

As for the legendaries, I have yet to capture my Zapdos, my Mewtwo, or my Zygarde. So I should probably go and do that now that I possess a Level 100 Jynx who knows Lovely Kiss. I might want to make a Level 100 False Swiper first though. :\ Maybe I should raise a Parasect who knows False Swipe and Spore ... Anyway, this is a chore I've not been looking forward to at all, but I'd like to make the best of it if I can. Zapdos is going to be tough since I can only have one (obviously) and that means I'll have to choose between Bold, Modest, Timid, and other natures. Zygarde's a little easier (I'll probably preference the Dragon Dance set and thus go for Adamant) and Mewtwo's a little easier still (Timid). But then once I've settled on a nature, I get to "enjoy" the monotony of days of soft resetting as I attempt to get the correct 5V from the RNG. Thank God for three automatic 31s on legendaries now, but still. -.-; This is gonna suck.

Battle Maison: In between the goals listed above, I'll probably be paying visits to the Battle Maison. In fact, we might want to add a fourth goal to the list: generating a team whose sole purpose is to help me expertly farm Battle Points and then using said team to do said farming.

Stealing Candy from Babies: Once I got Theraphosus to Level 50, I couldn't wait. To the WiFi! My first battle on Pokémon Y with my classic OU team. I signed in and looked for passersby who were requesting battles. I asked a few who were and got no response. Then I asked a girl named Chelsea. She accepted my offer and away we went!

... Oh no. D: Oh no, oh no, oh no. That was what went through my mind as it became apparent that I was battling a child who was using her Story Mode team. D: She used an Azumarill with Rock Smash and Strength. She had a bunch of adorable Eeveelutions with no really good moves. One after another they fell, and before long the score was 6-0. I felt bad, and I even looked for a way to offer a draw, but I didn't see one and I decided against quitting on her and awarding her the free win since I felt that that might be even more demeaning. I finished what I started and then immediately checked out her profile. Sure enough, she had only been playing for 38 hours. I gifted the poor thing a Lv.3 O-Power for experience point gain. She gave me a "Nice!" in appreciation a few seconds later. So that was good. ^^;; But she did also go offline a few minutes later. Hopefully I didn't demolish her enthusiasm for battling people online ...

I really wish that Battle Spot supported 6v6 Singles. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it does. It supports 3v3 Singles, but to do 6v6 Singles you have to do like what I did and challenge people directly. 3v3 is an entirely different meta. And frankly, I feel like it's a boring and stupid one. Why Game Freak pushes "bring 6, pick 3" Singles and "bring 6, pick 4" Doubles is beyond me. I want to play "bring 6, pick all 6" Singles like we do in the actual games, please. And like we have done as private fans for years. Oh well ... :\
Old 09-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #246
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Meet Rotom: I finally got a Calm 5V Rotom with the missing stat being in Attack. Went ahead and gave him Rotomotorz's special cocktail of stats that have served me pretty well on Showdown's VGC 2014 server and then took him to Professor Sycamore's research lab to transform him into a washing machine.

I don't like Rotom. ^^; I dislike the design. I dislike how cheesy he is. When I use Rotom-Wash, I feel like a Blissey user. Actually, no: I feel like a Gen 5 Terrakion user. That is what I feel like. I don't like his design. I don't like his concept. Pretty much I have no reason to run a Rotom but for the fact that -- let's face it -- Rotom-Wash is probably the best dual user of Will-o-Wisp and Reflect in the VGC 2014 format. He has respectable physical and special defense. He also, despite only marginal investment, has respectable offensive output, able to 2HKO most threats that are at least 2x weak to either Water or Electric. He's a really great Pokémon and that is why he is so goddamn popular. But man if I don't feel like a tool when using him. ^^;

I don't hate the guy though. I'd like to think of a good nickname for him but so far the only ones that come to mind are either stupid or taken. No suggestions, please: the moment you do that, it goes right into the "taken" pile. Kenmore, Maytag, and other American brand names for washing machines are pretty much out of the question for this very reason.

The Super Doubles Challenge: Once I acquired Rotom-Wash and finished with his EV training and leveling up, I was eager to start enjoying the fruits of my labor. For practical reasons, it made sense to start with the Battle Maison since I needed more Battle Points in order to purchase many competitive items I was still missing.

I'll spare you the details for now (though I may revisit them in a future post): I made it all the way to the Battle Chatelaine, the fiftieth battle, and then I lost to her team as things of mine died in the perfectly wrong order (or, from her perspective, the perfectly right order). So I got over 200 points from the forty-nine previous battles, but sadly I failed to get the 50-point pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, not to mention the trophy and the bragging rights. Ugh-sigh. -.-; I may try again some time later this week ... or I may try again never. ^^; haha Who knows. We'll see. I really, really wish it didn't take so long to get there. I probably should disable battle animations next time ... ^^;; (But they're so pretty! )

New Items: So I went shopping afterwards. Since I only acquired three new items (at the time; a fourth reported below), I'll just list them here. I purchased Choice Specs first, followed by Assault Vest, followed by Life Orb; and then later (see below) I came back and bought a Focus Sash as well. That consumed the vast majority of the 200 points I'd made, and so I have a little left in the bank but not enough to buy another 48-point item.

"This battle may be monitored or recorded": Having put together four of my six VGC 2014 team members, I was eager to experience my very first rated battle ever. Unfortunately, I got scared by the warning message about automatic video uploads and ran away with my tail tucked in between my legs. ^^; I wanted to read more about it first before giving it a definite yes or no answer. Even having googled it now, I still can't find a clear-cut answer as to whether a) the settings are permanent once selected and b) whether one is clearly better than the other. I feel like having automatic uploads enabled is ...
  • a good thing insofar as I like to share videos, win or lose, with you guys
  • a bad thing insofar as I don't want my Pokémon.com account to be bogged down by hundreds upon hundreds of trash, utterly forgettable wins and losses
For now, I think when I go back to it I am going to tell it "No, no automatic uploads, please" and see what happens from there. If I can still upload the videos manually later, then that's probably ideal. A little more hassle on my end but at least it means that my account should only have videos which I deemed worth sharing with you guys.

And speaking of videos worth sharing with you guys ...

Just Desserts: I went online fifteen minutes ago to double check the exact nature of the warning message. When I got out of there, I instantly received a challenge from a guy in Spain named Toni. 6v6 Singles, unrated, normal rules, no handicaps. "Sure," I figured, "Why not?" I didn't have my team on me, though, so I had to tell him "No" at first, go to my PC, deposit my eggs, withdraw my team, and re-challenge him. He still hadn't found anyone else to battle, and so seconds after I sent him my invitation we were off!

Game 1 : ####-####-####-#### (14 turns)

Worried that Toni might have some special walls, and realizing how horridly my old P-O team is walled by Blissey & Co., I opt out of bringing Galvantula (sorry, buddy ) and instead bring my newly-trained Rotom-Wash. Everyone else is Singles: Scarf Staraptor, Expert Belt Greninja, and so on. Oh, though I do opt to bring Medea, the Modest Hydreigon, over ??? the Timid Hydreigon. (Note: I run Timid on P-O and PS.) I wanted to see how she would perform damage output-wise and speed-wise.

Toni doesn't bring a Blissey, but our first match sees one major instance of hax which benefits him greatly, and he's ultimately able to steal a 4-0 victory. I would have forfeited when I was down to my last three but for the fact that I don't see an option to forfeit outside of the Run Away button? And the games have so, so heavily conditioned me to never run away from a trainer battle that I just couldn't bring myself to try it.

Turn 1: my Calm Rotom-Wash proves a good match for his (possiby Specs'd?) Hydreigon. Even with Draco Meteor, he can't manage to OHKO. I take the opportunity to set up a Reflect.

Turn 2: Not only could he not OHKO me last turn, but he can't even 2HKO me this turn thanks to my Leftovers recovery! Predicting his switch-out, I went for Will-o-Wisp. Was hoping to catch Tyranitar. Oh well, I'll still take the burn on Hydreigon, I guess.

Turn 3: Predicting that he will either switch out or else do paltry damage, I opt to switch in my Mamoswine. Unfortunately, he switches out to Greninja. :\ A very lucky decision on his part -- I had no real reason to switch out Rotom-Wash -- that forces me to give up momentum.

Turn 4: I'm forced to switch Mamoswine out for Rotom-Wash, sacrificing the latter to Greninja. He uses Scald and the score is 5-6. And all I have to show for it is a burned, barely-damaged Hydreigon. Next turn my Reflect will even be going down.

Turn 5: I opted to switch in Togekiss, who I had experimentally placed an Assault Vest on for this match. She's ordered to Air Slash but it does nothing since he opts to Protect. Reflect fades away -- not like it matters -- and it's on to Turn 6.

Turn 6: If any one turn can be said to have decided the match, it was this one. Before this turn, the score was only 5-6. And I at least had a burn on one of his guys. I'd lost Rotom, sure, but it bought Togekiss a very clean switch-in. And while Greninja would be using STAB Ice Beam this turn to deal massive damage to Togekiss, that was exactly my aim: that he turn himself into an Ice type such that I can punish him with my choice of either Flamethrower or Aura Sphere. Worrying that Toni might be super savvy and call the Flamethrower (and switch out to Tyranitar), I opt for Aura Sphere since it's only marginally weaker and should still be enough to clinch the OHKO against fragile Greninja.

And what happens? He Ice Beams and gets off the freeze. Son of a bitch. That stupid freeze. Suddenly the score is an imminent 4-6 and my chances of winning this match are going down the toilet.

Turn 7: He Ice Beams again for the straightforward KO. Score is now officially 4-6.

Turn 8: Staraptor for the revenge kill! ................ Except that he has Focus Sash. >_< WHO RUNS FOCUS SASH ON THEIR GRENINJA!? Apparently this guy. Score is now 3-6. orz

Turn 9: I send out Mamoswine and desperately order Ice Shard to remove the frog, fully aware that he may well switch out. But he lets me have the kill and the score is now 3-5.

Turn 10: Toni sends out Scizor, mega evolves, and Bullet Punches. I Earthquake. We're each able to 2HKO but of course he will get to go first. You know what that means ...

Turn 11: Time to use Ice Shard. Unfortunately for me, my opponent calls it and Roosts. I'd have killed him had I Earthquaked. "Coulda, woulda, shoulda: didn'a." Very good play on his part. Mamoswine dies due to Life Orb, his Scizor is back up to near full health, and the score is 2-5.

Turn 12: Time for me to send out my Hydreigon. He Bullet Punches, brings me below half, and then I KO him with Flamethrower. Score is 2-4.

Turn 13: He sends out Talonflame. Hydreigon is weak enough to die to a single Brave Bird. The score is 1-4 and the game is pretty much sealed.

Turn 14: I send out Greninja. Brave Bird OHKOs, and that's game. Final score is 0-4.

My opponent battled very well. And he ran correct natures and movesets. And he didn't run any legendaries. In a lot of ways, it felt like I was battling my equal. That encouraged me to challenge him again, hoping to even the score. Lucky for me, he accepted my offer and we were right back into another match. Maybe he got cocky from his 4-0 victory and mistook me for fresh meat. He'd soon regret that.

Game 2: ####-####-####-#### (20 turns)

Turn 1: He leads with Scizor this time, whereas I lead with Staraptor. He mega evolves and orders Bullet Punch. I order Brave Bird. We're each dealing 2HKOs' worth of damage, but since he has priority, I know that I can't leave Staraptor out here like this.

Turn 2: So I call Staraptor back for Rotom-Wash, counting on the washing machine to absorb a Bullet Punch. Good, safe prediction on my part. Score is still 6-6.

Turn 3: I get greedy and go for Will-o-Wisp instead of either Hydro Pump or Thunderbolt. Regret it instantly as he switches to Talonflame and laughs at my Will-o-Wisp.

Turn 4: I predict the possible bait-and-switch of a Hydro Pump coupled with his Greninja. More realistically, he should switch to Hydreigon who resists both Water and Electric. But he does neither, oddly opting to stay in and use Brave Bird. I have Rotom-Wash use Thunderbolt and it's an easy kill. The score is now 6-5.

Turn 5: Toni sends out Hydreigon, so I call back Rotom-Wash for Togekiss. Solid call: I effortlessly absorb a Dark Pulse.

Turn 6: He calls back his Hydreigon and sends out Gliscor. I deal a 2HKO's worth of damage with Dazzling Gleam. I know that he will order Protect this coming turn, so ...

Turn 7: ... I get a free switch out to Mamoswine. Sure enough, he orders Protect and it fails.

Turn 8: I know that he will want to Protect again. No point in turning down free recovery. So I take advantage of this attitude by ordering Stealth Rock. Another good play on my part as everything goes according to plan.

Turn 9: MY OPPONENT DOES THE UNTHINKABLE AND STAYS IN. What the fuck. I order Mamoswine to use Earthquake, expecting a switch out to either Greninja or Tyranitar because those are the most obvious switches in the entire world to absorb an Ice-type attack. But he uses Substitute instead, the crazy fool, and because I order Earthquake his plan goes off without a hitch. Suddenly he is very much back in this game. Goddammit. Well played, Toni. ¬¬ You're either very good or else very dumb.

Turn 10: I order Icicle Crash. He obviously orders Protect.

Turn 11: I order Icicle Crash again. He orders Toxic. THANK GOD: HE IS AN IDIOT! :'D I mean, don't get me wrong. He's obviously somewhere not too far from my own level in terms of his skill. It's just ... this is very much the wrong move in this situation. He should either switch out or else order a new Substitute in efforts to PP stall. He should not look the gift horse in the mouth that I gave him on Turn 9. But he does. He prioritizes ToxicStalling me to death over hiding behind a sub and it robs him of any leg up he might have gotten from Turn 9.

Turn 12: Icicle Crash. Protect.

Turn 13: I order Mamoswine to use Icicle Crash once again, willing to risk the now-obvious switch-out. Crazily, he doesn't do it. SUSPECTING A SECOND EARTHQUAKE, MAYBE!? Well he dies for that gluttony or stupidity, whichever it was. Score is now 6-4.

Turn 14: He sends Mega Scizor back out. I don't risk Roost shenanigans and let him kill Mamoswine with Bullet Punch, having ordered Earthquake. I know he's likely to Bullet Punch by virtue of counter-predicting my prediction of a Roost, but it's okay. I can't take the risk that he actually does use Roost, and I am comfortably ahead right now. I'm right, he Bullet Punches, and Mamoswine sadly falls. Score is 5-4.

Turn 15: I send out Rotom-Wash and order Thunderbolt. He opts not to run from it and Mega Scizor falls. The score is now 5-3.

Turn 16: Toni switches in his Greninja, so I switch out to my Hydreigon and eat an easy Dark Pulse.

Turn 17: YACHE BERRY, BITCH! Despite the critical hit, Hydreigon survives Greninja's Ice Beam and easily OHKOs with Flamethrower. The score is now 5-2.

Turn 18: Toni sends out Tyranitar. I order Hydreigon to use Focus Blast. It hits! And it aaaalmooost OHKOs. But sadly it falls just short of the mark. :\ He orders Crunch and Hydreigon falls. Score is now 4-2.

Turn 19: I send out Staraptor for the easiest play of all: U-Turn. Either he stays put and I make the score 4-1 or else he flees and I get to counter-switch. He stays put. U-Turn hits. Score is now 4-1 as I send out my Greninja.

Turn 20: Toni's final creature is Hydreigon. That's game -- or it would be if he'd have let me do it! >.< Sadly he forfeits at the LAST SECOND. Ugh. I hate when people do that. Either forfeit way earlier or else see it through to the end. Game's officially a 4-1 victory by forfeit but fuck that shit we all know I won 4-0 in a reversal of last game.

I'm the kind of person to be content with ties. Call me a hippie, but I like the "everyone's a winner " idea where we each won as many times as the other guy did. I mean, obviously it's more fun to be a winner than to be a loser, but I don't take any pleasure in making other people wear the loser robe. Having proven to Toni that I am no chump and that his 4-0 victory over me in our first game was largely a product of circumstance, I am content to leave things as they are here.

Despite everything I just said, I do click on the option to play again though. The reason being, I don't want to deny him a rematch either. But my request fails -- he's backed out of the connection -- and so I breathe a happy sigh of relief that we can let things stay this way.

Game 3: ####-####-####-#### (16 turns)

Or so I had hoped. My battles with Toni highlighted for me the terribleness of Life Orb on my Mamoswine, so I went to Kiloude City's Battle Maison to purchase a Focus Sash for him since I didn't have one yet. (I had been too afraid that I would leave the item on him, up-level him in the Chateau, and that it'd get broken. Still am afraid of that happening! ) As soon as I finish the purchase, there's a message for me. Toni wants to battle again!

I frown. About three to four minutes have passed since we parted. This is just enough time for him to have put together a team that perfectly counters mine and to childishly seek dickhead revenge. But I welcome the opportunity to put dickheads in their place. So I first reject his offer. And his second offer. And whilst this is happening, I am swapping out Life Orb for Focus Sash and I am also swapping out Rotom-Wash for my very own Talonflame. I don't make any more changes than that. I don't want to counter-team him myself. I just want to introduce a few surprises, just enough to keep him guessing. Once I'm done doing this, I send him an invite to a battle. He hungrily accepts.

Team Preview: I can see from this stage that he has definitely sought to counter-team me. His team now consists of Greninja (same as before) newly joined by Sceptile, Ferrothorn, a Rotom-Wash of his own, Charizard, and Dragonite. It's obvious what's going on here. He's brought Ferrothorn to punish Scarf Staraptor (though frankly it's poor punishment, let me tell you! ), Sceptile to answer Rotom-Wash, and Dragonite to out-dragon Hydreigon. Let's see what he does.

Turn 1: I opt to lead with Hydreigon. Reasons being: I have Dragon Pulse for Dragonite and Charizard; I have Flamethrower for Ferrothorn, Sceptile, and Ice-type Greninja; and I have Dark Pulse for Rotom-Wash. It seems a pretty solid jack-of-all-trades answer to his new team.

He opens with Ferrothorn. I lucked out. This is the best possible matchup since I can force a switch or otherwise get a free KO. I order Hydreigon to use Flamethrower.

He calls back Ferrothorn for Rotom-W. A good switch on his part. I had considered Dark Pulsing but it just wasn't worth the risk should he have stayed in.

Turn 2: It's an easy choice for me: Dark Pulse. He orders Will-o-Wisp, which I find rather strange. Rotom-Wash is a poor match-up with Hydreigon in my opinion. Even though mine walled his pretty decently, he was going for Draco Meteor. When you just do straight-up Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse, the 3HKO is a lock and you might get a flinch or two along the way. Sadly, no flinch for me this time and I do get burned. But I'm confident as we press on to Turn 3.

Turn 3: I order Dragon Pulse, just in case he switches out to Greninja. He orders Protect.

Turn 4: I order Dark Pulse. No flinch this time either, but he crazily stays put just to Thunderbolt me. Is he seriously planning on just wearing me down with Will-o-Wisp? Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ...

Turn 5: I order Dragon Pulse, expecting the Protect. When it doesn't come, I am pleasantly surprise. :o Dragon Pulse easily seals the deal thanks to its marginally higher damage than Dark Pulse. The score is now 6-5.

Turn 6: He sends out Dragonite. I know Hydreigon is going to die but I'm curious to see who outspeeds who. It turns out that I'm faster despite being Modest. :o I order Dragon Pulse and, despite Multiscale, I do enough to bring him juuuuuuuuuuust above the 50% HP mark. Toni orders his Dragonite to use Dragon Claw and easily KOs the fatigued Hydreigon. The score is now 5-5.

Turn 7: I send out Mamoswine. I expect to pressure a switch out to Greninja and take the opportunity to set up Stealth Rock. To my surprise, Toni leaves Dragonite in and orders Aqua Jet. :o It fails to do enough though and I am confident I should outspeed next turn given several factors.

Turn 8: I order Ice Shard. Will I go first or will Toni? I get to go first and that makes for one dead Dragonite without me taking any additional damage. The score is now 5-4.

Turn 9: He sends out Ferrothorn. Obvious play is obvious: "set up Stealth Rock to punish the birds." So I immediately call back Mamoswine for Talonflame. I was right: Toni orders Ferrothorn to use Stealth Rock. But I'm one step ahead of ya, Toni!

Turn 10: I order Flare Blitz, expecting either the switch or else Protect to scout. But he does neither. O_o So I guess the score is now 5-3. Not sure what he was thinking here. Biggest misplay by either player in all three games, easily. Should've at least Protected.

Turn 11: He sends out Greninja. I order Protect, hoping that he will maybe -- just maybe -- order Ice Beam and become the Ice type. No dice. ^^; He orders Scald. Oh well. At least I can bring him down to very low health next turn.

Turn 12: I order Brave Bird. He orders Scald. I bring him super low but it's not enough to KO. This enables Toni's Greninja to easily KO my Talonflame. The score is now 4-3.

Turn 13: I send out Mamoswine. Ice Shard. Toni's Greninja falls. The score is now 4-2.

Turn 14: He sends out Charizard. It takes massive Stealth Rock damage on its way in. It mega evolves into Mega Charizard Y. I ordered Ice Shard, hoping to at least do something to either form and praying he doesn't run X and go for Dragon Dance. He does not. \o/ He runs Y and goes straight for the KO with Flamethrower. The score is now 3-2 but the game is more or less over.

Turn 15: I send out my Choice Scarfed Staraptor. BRAAAAAAAAAAVE BIRD! The score is 3-1.

Turn 16: Toni's last Pokémon is Sceptile. No amount of speed or Red Card shenanigans will save you now, Toni! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE BIRD! Staraptor knocks out Sceptile in one hit and that's game. Final score is 3-0.

After this game, I back out of everything and sign offline. It wasn't to spite him! (Not entirely, anyway ... ¬¬; ) I needed to go do something and I had already been on plenty long enough. But yeah. In the end, the predator becomes the prey as I take it home 2-1.

Originally I thought about uploading the saved battles to the Internet to let those of you who wanted to download them to your 3DSes watch them from there. But for now at least, I'm holding off on doing that. It's my understanding that when you upload games to the server now, it ties them to your account. They become a permanent part of your profile's history. Well I don't want my first ever battle logs to be something kinda off-color like this. ^^;; I'd rather it be, like, a game I played against someone at a tournament. Or a battle with a fellow UPNer. Something like that! So I have the videos, and maybe I'll share them some day (if they don't get deleted for space first), but for now at least, I'll hold off on that. I think the text-based accounts are good enough for those of you who strongly care, and for everyone else it probably wasn't going to be worth the effort to download the videos anyway.

Aegislash Breeding: Currently working on getting a Brave Aegislash with (ideally) 31/31/31/31/31/0 IVs. I actually have the IVs already, gotten quite by accident, yet surprisingly still do not have the nature. orz ^^; I'm aiming for Brave first because, at least right now, the Aegislash I run in VGC 2014 is a dedicated physical attacker with Iron Head, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, and King's Shield. So it makes sense to boost Attack and lower Speed. Plus it's a fun opportunity to run an uncommon nature. I may circle around later and try for some Quiet ones or ones with other natures, we'll see.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #247
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Its not my cocktail, pretty sure Ray Rizzo came up with it first. Looking good though!
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON