UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 02:34 AM   #676
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- The Pidgey had proven itself at worthy opponent, despite its relative young age and rough upbringing. It was trying to get Fossil unsettled, but the Cranidos was hard headed and intent on bringing it down. He dashes over to the wall of the cavern and begins to grind against it, polishing his rocky hide, making himself faster and more streamlined. The Pidgey sends a Gust of wind towards Fossil, but the Rock type shrugs it off like its nothing. Displeased, the Pidgey begins to circle once more, trying to make itself harder for the Cranidos to hit. But the crafty Cranidos has a trick up his sleeve. His mouth snaps open and he spews forth a tongue of blistering flame. He follows the Pidgey with the Flamethrower, managing to occasionally get a hit on it before it rolls or dives out of the way. However his plan soon becomes apparent, as the Pidgey's flight begins to look unsteady. The heat from the flame had created warm pockets of air in the otherwise cold cavern, something the Pidgey wasn't prepared for.

With the Pidgey unsettled, Fossil takes the opportunity before it disappears. He launches a barrage of stones at the Flying type, their sharp edges deal a devastating blow to the Pidgey. Fossil is unrelenting, he prepares to attack again, he knows the Pidgey can only handle one more hit like that. He launches another barrage of stones, but this time, the Pidgey is prepared. It whips its wings once more, however this time it is more than a mere gust, the powerful wind quickly develops into a twister! The stones are drawn into the swirling tower, which begins to move towards Fossil. The Cranidos is battered by both the Twister and the stones he added to it, one of which hits him in the chest and sends him tumbling backwards. He rights himself as the twister disappears, his body hurts but he won't give in. Victory was within his grasp, he just needed one more good hit....
Fossil turned to the wall, grinding against it to polish his hide while keeping an eye on his opponent. The Pidgey didn't let such an obvious opening pass it by; it whipped up a gust of wind to buffet Fossil, but her Cranidos stood firm. Clearly displeased, the Pidgey pulled back and started circling once more.

Fossil watched it circle for a moment, tracing its path and planning where he would aim, before inhaling deeply and blowing out a tongue of fire. He followed the Pidgey's path, occasionally singing its feathers as it rolled and dodged, but it didn't take long for his strategy to start paying off. The Pidgey's flight path started wavering, its wings visibly rocking at points and frantically flapping at others. Taking advantage of the Pidgey's unstable flight path, Fossil waited until it was momentarily more focused on keeping aloft and launched a barrage of stones up at it, the rocks' sharp edges hitting the Pidgey on their way past. He snorted, satisfied. One more blow should do it.

The Pidgey was prepared this time, though, and his second barrage of stones ended up dragged into a twister before heading back in his direction. Fossil narrowed his eyes and braced himself, going to lower his head when one of the stones hit him right in the chest. He stumbled back with a grunt, shaking his head and stomping as he regained his feet, tracking the bird with narrowed eyes. A final Shock Wave should take it out, he figured, though he'd prepare a Dragon Pulse or a Crunch, just in case.

"You know...I feel like I should've expected that," Melissa said to Wildfire, watching her Cranidos successfully take on the wild baby Pidgey by himself.

"Cyn da quil," Wildfire repeated with a shrug. "Quil quil cyndaquil cynda."

"Eh. Probably." Melissa shrugged, not bothering to pull a Pokéball out just yet. She wanted to be sure the Pidgey wanted to come with her and it was probably best to ask once the battle was over. She figured it'd know by then.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #677
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- With your anger building, you continue down the now unbarred path, not in pursuit of the Phantump. You seem certain the Phantump was sent to distract you, to lead you astray and keep you separated from you're beloved Laugh. Zoom doesn't exactly seem happy to not be chasing the trickster down, but you're recent outburst of emotion is enough to make her realise it wasn't worth arguing with you. Your options are limited as you walk down the path, you don't find a single fork in the road, nor do you come to a dead end. After a while however, Zoom comes to a stop and begins to sniff the air.

As you watch the Furret, you begin to sniff as well, there was an odd but familiar smell in the air. You continue walking and the smell gets stronger, before long you realise what it is. Smoke. As you round a corner you come to a complete stop as the bushes along the path ahead of you crackle with fire. They look to have been burning for quite some time, the charred black branches of the hedge are all that remain. The knot together to make a somewhat sturdy wall of charred wood and flame. There is no grass on the path ahead, which has also been burnt black. What could have done this? Zoom looks to you, uncertain if you she should go ahead. Your only option is back however and you knew Laugh wasn't in that direction. Would you brave the path of fire?



Myahoo- With both Fossil and the Pidgey looking a little worse for wear at this point, its safe to say this battle was nearing its close. Fossil began to spark with electricity once more, he was intent on finishing this here and now. The Pidgey however, continued to show its ability to learn on fly, it had seen this move already and had a plan to avoid it. As the Cranidos launches the rippling wave of electrical tendrils, the Pidgey dives towards the ground. With a powerful flap of its wings she kicks up a shield of sand and snow, using its Sand Attack in a defensive manner. The electricity collides with the cloud of sand and snow, which nullifies the attack for the most part. The Pidgey still takes a bit of a hit but it wasn't defeated. It shoots through the settling cloud, going for a Quick Attack to finish Fossil off.

The Pidgey wasn't the only one who had been learning since this battle started, Fossil had been as well. The last time the Pidgey went for a Quick Attack, he'd been moving slowly. This time it was coming at him head on and he was prepared. At the last moment, he swings his body to the side, the Pidgey misses its target. He lunges at the Pidgey, Crunching down on its right wing with his powerful jaws. He slams it to the ground triumphantly, victory was his. The Pidgey yields, still conscious but clearly beaten. Fossil returns to your side with a proud look on his face, pleased with his efforts. The Pidgey begins to preen its feathers, looking at you occasionally, almost as if to say, "what are you waiting for?"

Fossil gained 3 levels

"Well that certainly was an impressive battle", Jet chimed in after observing quietly. "Considering it was raised out here, I'm surprised at the Pidgey's skill in battle, it seems like a natural! I think you better catch it before I do Melissa", Jet chuckled, but you could tell he was being serious.

You may capture the lvl 12 Female Pidgey. She knows the MT Move Twister, as well as the Unnatural TM Icy Wind!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM   #678
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- With both Fossil and the Pidgey looking a little worse for wear at this point, its safe to say this battle was nearing its close. Fossil began to spark with electricity once more, he was intent on finishing this here and now. The Pidgey however, continued to show its ability to learn on fly, it had seen this move already and had a plan to avoid it. As the Cranidos launches the rippling wave of electrical tendrils, the Pidgey dives towards the ground. With a powerful flap of its wings she kicks up a shield of sand and snow, using its Sand Attack in a defensive manner. The electricity collides with the cloud of sand and snow, which nullifies the attack for the most part. The Pidgey still takes a bit of a hit but it wasn't defeated. It shoots through the settling cloud, going for a Quick Attack to finish Fossil off.

The Pidgey wasn't the only one who had been learning since this battle started, Fossil had been as well. The last time the Pidgey went for a Quick Attack, he'd been moving slowly. This time it was coming at him head on and he was prepared. At the last moment, he swings his body to the side, the Pidgey misses its target. He lunges at the Pidgey, Crunching down on its right wing with his powerful jaws. He slams it to the ground triumphantly, victory was his. The Pidgey yields, still conscious but clearly beaten. Fossil returns to your side with a proud look on his face, pleased with his efforts. The Pidgey begins to preen its feathers, looking at you occasionally, almost as if to say, "what are you waiting for?"

Fossil gained 3 levels

"Well that certainly was an impressive battle", Jet chimed in after observing quietly. "Considering it was raised out here, I'm surprised at the Pidgey's skill in battle, it seems like a natural! I think you better catch it before I do Melissa", Jet chuckled, but you could tell he was being serious.

You may capture the lvl 12 Female Pidgey. She knows the MT Move Twister, as well as the Unnatural TM Icy Wind!
Electricity began sparking off Fossil once more as he tracked the Pidgey's flight path, loosing the attack just as the Pidgey dived. It braked hard at the bottom of its dive, buffeting the ground and throwing sand and snow into the air as a shield. An effective shield, as evidenced when Fossil's Shock Wave ran straight into it and grounded, barely catching the Pidgey around the edges of the dust cloud.

The moment the cloud stopped sparking, the Pidgey immediately shot through the remains of its shield, aiming straight for Fossil for another attack. He narrowed his eyes at its approach, waiting until the last possible moment to sidestep the attack, spinning to latch on to the nearest wing. With a twist of his head, he slammed the bird to the ground, the Pidgey audibly yielding before Fossil could do anything more. With a satisfied snort, Fossil tossed his head and walked back to Melissa, getting a literal pat on his back for his success.

"Nice job, Fossil! Looks like all that solo practice paid off, huh?" Fossil let out a content huff before fixing an impatient eye on Melissa.

Nearby, Jet spoke up for the first time since the battle began. "Well, that certainly was an impressive battle. Considering it was raised out here, I'm surprised at the Pidgey's skill in battle; it seems like a natural! I think you better catch it before I do, Melissa." Jet chuckled, but Melissa caught something serious in his eyes when she glanced over at him.

Her heart jumped and she fumbled for a Pokéball, approaching the Pidgey who was preening and fixing the battle damage. It was glancing expectantly over at her every once in a while, though, so she felt pretty confident offering it the empty Pokéball.

"What do you think? Wanna join us?"

Though...if Jet made a move for the Pidgey, she was straight up tossing the 'ball at it.


Fossil goes from Lv. 25 to Lv. 28.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:22 PM   #679
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With your anger building, you continue down the now unbarred path, not in pursuit of the Phantump. You seem certain the Phantump was sent to distract you, to lead you astray and keep you separated from you're beloved Laugh. Zoom doesn't exactly seem happy to not be chasing the trickster down, but you're recent outburst of emotion is enough to make her realise it wasn't worth arguing with you. Your options are limited as you walk down the path, you don't find a single fork in the road, nor do you come to a dead end. After a while however, Zoom comes to a stop and begins to sniff the air.

As you watch the Furret, you begin to sniff as well, there was an odd but familiar smell in the air. You continue walking and the smell gets stronger, before long you realise what it is. Smoke. As you round a corner you come to a complete stop as the bushes along the path ahead of you crackle with fire. They look to have been burning for quite some time, the charred black branches of the hedge are all that remain. The knot together to make a somewhat sturdy wall of charred wood and flame. There is no grass on the path ahead, which has also been burnt black. What could have done this? Zoom looks to you, uncertain if you she should go ahead. Your only option is back however and you knew Laugh wasn't in that direction. Would you brave the path of fire?
Terri Alph was not a large, intimidating person, not by any stretch of the imagination. Generally not what anyone would consider an imposing presence. But right now, only a fool would dare impede the path of this young teenager as she raced through the maze, so palpable was her fury at this time. And Zoom knew it, too- much as she wasn't fond of not pursuing the Phantump, she knew her Trainer well enough to know that this was an excellent time to reconsider her priorities. Besides, Zoom knew good and well how much Terri and Laugh love each other, knew how miserable Terri would be if Laugh was lost forever, and had no desire to let that happen.

There was no fork in the path as they forged ahead, but Terri wasn't concerned with that- the less time she took to decide which way to go, the sooner she would reunite with Laugh. But soon, Zoom came to a halt, sniffing at the air. Terri stopped as well, turning to her Furret, half-tempted to demand they keep moving, but angry as she was at everything at the moment, she at least retained the patience to see what this was actually about- after all, she doubted Zoom would have stopped unless this was important. And indeed, as Terri sniffed at the air as well, she smelled what her Furret was smelling. A smell she couldn't quite place, but a familiar one nonetheless. And so they continued onward. The smell... it smelled nothing like Laugh, and yet, it vaguely reminded Terri of the Froslass for some reason.

And then it hit Terri. The smell was that of smoke. Fire. That's why it reminded her of Laugh- it brought to mind that first fateful encounter with Laugh. After having collapsed in the middle of that blizzard, when Terri awoke in the cabin, and the Froslass had generated those Will-O-Wisps to warm her back up. It was amid the warmth, the smoky smell, that the two of them got to know each other, fell in love with each other. It all served to further intensify Terri's desire to save Laugh, a desire that wasn't dampened in the slightest by anything. Not even the fiery sight that awaited them ahead- the hedges were ablaze, or rather, what was left of them- there were no more leaves to these hedges, rather just blackened branches. And the path was devoid of grass as well. It looked navigable, at the very least, if not necessarily advisable.

Zoom looked at Terri, uncertainty evident in the Furret's expression. "...I get this is the only way forward, but how do you want to do this?" she asked.

"Fast," Terri responded determinedly. And that was all the answer Zoom got before Terri resumed her tireless pursuit. She was, of course, careful to avoid the flames as best she could, but as Zoom ran after, she stayed alert, ready at any given time to use Aqua Tail should it become necessary to clear the way, or else to get Terri out of potential danger. Talking Terri out of this was out of the question, of course- Zoom knew better than to think otherwise, much less be fool enough to actually attempt such a thing.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #680
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
(As discussed, resetting my CG adventure, obviously not claiming $250 for this post since I claimed it on my last reply.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
The Starline Falls:
The Starline Falls are a very important landmark in Galean culture. In the past, they represented a pathway to the heavens above, as the gods would bestow the gift of serene mountain water to the people below. In order to gain access to this area, one must clear the trials below in the Galea Foothills and clear the purification ceremony. HM Waterfall is necessary to ascend the falls as well. Once at the top of the falls, adventurers gain access to areas like the Fountain Garden, the Burnt Forest, the great Starline Waterfall, and the Cloud Shrine. Above the Cloud Shrine lies the Celestial Road; a layer of clouds that perpetually encircles Mt. Zephyria’s peak.

Starline Waterfall: A large pool of water that flows over a cliff to the Starline River down below. Further upstream is a meandering river that features a fast-flowing current, several rapids and smaller waterfall overflows from the mountain above. This area is home to hardier water Pokemon, and there is even legend of a rare dragon Pokemon that might live under the water. The use of Waterfall is required to ascend the falls. (Please reply in aqua)
"Well that was certainly interesting", Jared huffed, "how about we not do that again?" He had no idea how they'd actually made it up the waterfall, but they had. His Magneton had dragged him to this mountain paradise. They'd been training in his backyard, he didn't have much else to do now that his son was off on an adventure of his own. They were in the middle of training when Magneton began to act strangely. Before he knew it the Magneton was making a beeline for this place. It was still intent on getting to its destination, making a charge for the treeline as it looked to ascend the mountain. "He's going to drag us all the way to the summit I swear", Jared grumbled to his Steelix. The giant metal snake groaned in reply, they'd been following the Electric type for quite some time and he was just about sick of it. He was more than capable of Climbing this Rock of a mountain, hopefully it didn't come to that.

Jared was beginning to wonder why Magneton was acting this way, it was completely out of character. The Magneton was known for being Analytic, putting plenty of thought into every decision he made. The way he was acting now was sporadic and completely out of character. They needed to find out why Magneton was acting this way, before it gets itself into trouble and inevitably drags him into it. "Come on Steelix, we better keep him in our sights, if we lose him I feel like we'll struggle to find him."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:42 AM   #681
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Myahoo- You commend Fossils efforts before quickly turning your attention to the Pidgey. You'd been through so much just to get to this point, the amount of effort it to get this Pidgey was almost ridiculous. You quickly fish out a Pokeball while the Pidgey looks you dead in the eye, when you question whether it wants to accompany you, it nods in agreement. Not wanting to miss your chance, or open up a window for Jet to steal your capture, you roll the Pokeball across the snow cloaked ground. The ball stops just in front of the Pidgey, she tilts her head from side to side with curiosity. She pecks at the button with her beak, the ball pops open and a red light consumes her, drawing her into the device. The ball shakes a couple of times, before coming to a stop with a resounding click. The Delibird all throw their arms up in the air, celebrating the capture of their adopted daughter.

You caught the Pidgey!

"Well Melissa, it seems you got what you came here for", Jet announces, you can almost sense the jealously in his voice. "As a thank you for your help with the survey and the egg thieves, I'd like to give you these as a reward." Jet hands you a trio of TM disks, TM Acrobatics, TM Aerial Ace and TM Blizzard." That new Pidgey of yours seems to have picked up a surprising trick from the Delibird. Maybe one day, when your bond with it is stronger, you can help it strengthen that Icy Wind into a full blow Blizzard! Anyways, thank you for your help. Now that you have your Pidgey, what is next for you? Sometimes once we achieve our goals we can feel a bit empty, but it is never long before something comes along to fill the void! I can give you a lift somewhere if you'd like, just let me know."



Missingno. Master- You decide to charge down the charred path as quickly as possible. As your feet hit the hot earth, you realise this is probably why most people decide to wear shoes. Zoom is feeling the heat as well, but the fast pace prevents any serious burns. You continue down the fire-worn path, bordered on each side by the charred hedge. Zoom comes to a stop, her ears perked, she can hear something up ahead. She dashes between your legs before you quickly bolt after her, what was she hearing that you couldn't? As you get closer you start to hear it, a high pitched wailing growing louder with each step.

You emerge into a large circular area, at least thirty yards in diameter. The main feature of the area is certainly the giant tornado of fire occupying the very centre of it. You're forced to shield your face because of the sheer heat being given off by the flames. Zoom stays behind your legs, not wanting to get to close to the fire. It quickly becomes apparent to you that the cries you'd heard are coming from within. Although you can barely stand to look at it for too long, you can almost make out something with the flames. Who or what could it be? Could it be Laugh? Why would anyone do something like this?!

Zoom tugs at you're hand, looking down at her, you notice she is pointing at something. Looking across the open area, to the right of the tornado, you spot another path. That left you with two options, try to help whatever is trapped within the tornado or edge around it and continue on your wild chase after Laugh's kidnappers.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #682
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You decide to charge down the charred path as quickly as possible. As your feet hit the hot earth, you realise this is probably why most people decide to wear shoes. Zoom is feeling the heat as well, but the fast pace prevents any serious burns. You continue down the fire-worn path, bordered on each side by the charred hedge. Zoom comes to a stop, her ears perked, she can hear something up ahead. She dashes between your legs before you quickly bolt after her, what was she hearing that you couldn't? As you get closer you start to hear it, a high pitched wailing growing louder with each step.

You emerge into a large circular area, at least thirty yards in diameter. The main feature of the area is certainly the giant tornado of fire occupying the very centre of it. You're forced to shield your face because of the sheer heat being given off by the flames. Zoom stays behind your legs, not wanting to get to close to the fire. It quickly becomes apparent to you that the cries you'd heard are coming from within. Although you can barely stand to look at it for too long, you can almost make out something with the flames. Who or what could it be? Could it be Laugh? Why would anyone do something like this?!

Zoom tugs at you're hand, looking down at her, you notice she is pointing at something. Looking across the open area, to the right of the tornado, you spot another path. That left you with two options, try to help whatever is trapped within the tornado or edge around it and continue on your wild chase after Laugh's kidnappers.
Oh, the things those in love would do for their beloved- proof positive that love was perhaps the strongest force known to man or Mankey. Many impressive, admirable, and/or slightly unnerving things have been done out of love. Intense, uphill battles have been fought. Impressive feats have been achieved. In one case, a man, with the help of his Pokémon, built a boat and sailed to Cinnabar Island, braving pirate attacks and wrathful Missingno. hunters, just to try and help out the woman he loved. And in this case, love made a young teenage girl run barefoot past burning, charred shrubbery, across heated ground.

Dimly, Terri registered the fact that footwear of some sort might have been a prudent choice here, but she couldn't act on that now. She had her sandals in her bag, but putting those on would take precious time, time she could be using to find and rescue Laugh, and in her mind, that was just unacceptable.

Zoom's ears perked up at one point. She stopped momentarily, then dashed forward, between Terri's legs, taking the lead. Terri noticed this, and further quickened her pace to keep up. Had the Furret noticed something?

And the answer was indeed yes, but Terri wasn't quite as reassured as she figured an affirmative answer to that question would make her. For that something turned out to be a humongous tornado of fire in the center of a large circular clearing. More than that- a high-pitched wailing could be heard from within. Terri looked as hard as she possibly could- staring directly at the incendiary cyclone was not the easiest of feats, but she could see something within, she knew she could! Was it Laugh? As she pondered this, Zoom tugged at her hand, the Furret pointing out an open path just to the right of the swirling flames. That was the way forward, but did Terri want to take it? Was that the way to get to those who took Laugh, or was Laugh right here, trapped in a fiery vortex? Terri trembled at the thought- Laugh was weak to Fire. If that was really her in there, if those high-pitched wails were really hers... Oh, the culprits would pay, so dearly.

"Hey. HEY!" Zoom called up to her. As Terri looked, the Furret looked right back. "I know I ain't exactly the one in any position to dispense this particular piece of advice, but for the love of Arceus, Mew, and Helix- slow down and think. You's smart, so make that mind of yours do its part in finding Laugh. And no, before you ask, I don't think I can do anything significant to this thing with Aqua Tail," she added.

Terri nodded, and much as the perceived inaction pained her, she focused, thought about what to do. She didn't know if that was Laugh in there... she had to find out, first and foremost, and if it was indeed her, she had to focus on getting her out of there. And if it wasn't her in there, she then had to work on finding out where she actually was. Finally, she looked at Zoom again. "Use Helping Hand on me," she said.

The Furret blinked. "Say what now?" she asked blankly.

"You heard me," nodded Terri. "I have an idea."

Bewildered as she was from this command, Zoom nevertheless obliged. She herself acknowledged that Terri was smart, and she found herself curious as to just what the youth had in mind here.

And once this was done, Terri smiled thankfully, then took a deep breath, cupped her hands around her mouth, and shouted, loud and long, in a voice she hoped the Helping Hand might help to carry far and wide, and through the flames as well. "LAAAAAAUGH!" Terri shouted. "IT'S MEEEEE! IT'S TERRIIIIII! I'M TRYING TO FIND YOU! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, PLEASE USE BLIZZARD!" Rare was the occasion where Terri would say anything to Laugh even remotely resembling an order to use a move, but she knew that if Laugh did indeed hear her, she would perceive this as the desperate plea that it was, rather than a command, and would be only too glad to follow through. And if that was indeed Laugh within the fiery tornado, the Blizzard ought to be sufficient to extinguish them. And if it wasn't, then all Terri needed was to look and see in which direction the sudden blast of snow and ice could be seen shooting into the air. And if nothing happened as a result... Terri didn't want to think about that. This had to work. It had to.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #683
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- You commend Fossils efforts before quickly turning your attention to the Pidgey. You'd been through so much just to get to this point, the amount of effort it to get this Pidgey was almost ridiculous. You quickly fish out a Pokeball while the Pidgey looks you dead in the eye, when you question whether it wants to accompany you, it nods in agreement. Not wanting to miss your chance, or open up a window for Jet to steal your capture, you roll the Pokeball across the snow cloaked ground. The ball stops just in front of the Pidgey, she tilts her head from side to side with curiosity. She pecks at the button with her beak, the ball pops open and a red light consumes her, drawing her into the device. The ball shakes a couple of times, before coming to a stop with a resounding click. The Delibird all throw their arms up in the air, celebrating the capture of their adopted daughter.

You caught the Pidgey!

"Well Melissa, it seems you got what you came here for", Jet announces, you can almost sense the jealously in his voice. "As a thank you for your help with the survey and the egg thieves, I'd like to give you these as a reward." Jet hands you a trio of TM disks, TM Acrobatics, TM Aerial Ace and TM Blizzard." That new Pidgey of yours seems to have picked up a surprising trick from the Delibird. Maybe one day, when your bond with it is stronger, you can help it strengthen that Icy Wind into a full blow Blizzard! Anyways, thank you for your help. Now that you have your Pidgey, what is next for you? Sometimes once we achieve our goals we can feel a bit empty, but it is never long before something comes along to fill the void! I can give you a lift somewhere if you'd like, just let me know."
It looked Melissa straight in the eye at her question, clearly and deliberately nodding. Confirmation given, she rolled the Pokéball toward the Pidgey as a grin spread across her face. It examined the Pokéball with one eye then the other, before pecking at the button and getting pulled into the 'ball. Melissa held her breath as it shook, only letting her breath out when it stilled with a click. Picking up her new Pidgey to the cheers of the Delibird in the background, she clutched the Pokéball to her chest and let herself squee for a moment. A Pidgey! After years of searching, she finally had one!

Carefully hooking the Pokéball to her belt, Melissa swept her starter into a hug and squeezed. "A Pidgey, Wildfire! We finally got one!"

"Cyn da quil," Wildfire said, amused. Fossil snorted, attracting Melissa's attention.

"Couldn't've done it without you, Fossil." She let Wildfire clamber up to her shoulder as she bumped her fist to Fossil's head. Huffing out a breath, Fossil returned the bump, nodded, and then returned himself.

"Well, Melissa. It seems you got what you came here for." Jet's voice broke through her momentary celebration, tinged with a bit of jealousy. "As a thank you for your help with the survey and the egg thieves, I'd like to give you these as a rewards." He held out a trio of TM discs and Melissa took them with a "Thanks", checking which they were before tucking them away. "That new Pidgey of yours seems to have picked up a surprising trick from the Delibird," he observed. "Maybe one day, when your bond with it is stronger, you can help it strengthen that Icy Wind into a full blown Blizzard!"

And wasn't that something to look forward to!

"Anyways, thank you for your help," Jet continued. "Now that you have your Pidgey, what is next for you? Sometimes, once we achieve our goals, we can feel a bit empty, but it is never long before something comes along to fill the void! I can give you a lift somewhere if you'd like; just let me know."

Melissa glanced away and scratched at the back of her neck sheepishly, while her starter snickered. "Well, this'll probably sound...opportunistic, but since I'm here, would you mind overly much if I took a shot at your trial? You were the main Captain I wanted to challenge when I first arrived, to be honest."


Collecting 1x TM Acrobatics, 1x TM Aerial Ace, and 1x TM Blizzard.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #684
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- You had to determine whether or not that was indeed Laugh trapped within the fire tornado, if it was you would do anything to free her. You are fairly confident that Zoom's Aqua Tail would fail to put out the flames, a fair assumption. If you could somehow get a message to whoever was trapped inside the swirling flames, then maybe you could help them get out. You turn to Zoom, hoping the Furret would be able to help you. You instruct the Normal type to use Helping Hand on yourself, hoping it would help you shout louder. The Furret claps her hands, glowing as she attempts to give you an energy boost. You cup your hands around your mouth and shout out, hoping to contact Laugh. However your shouts are no louder than normal, it seems that the Helping Hand failed to work on you. It wasn't exactly unexpected, it was a move meant to be used on another Pokemon, not a human. Nothing happens to the fire tornado either, at least nothing good....

Flames burst from the tornado, spitting out across the area, creating small spot fires. One burst lands in front of the exit you saw, blocking your exit. The cries from within the tornado continue, its quite probable that whatever is inside wasn't able to hear you, the flames would likely make it hard to hear anything. Zoom looks to you, how were you going to overcome this thing? She was confident she could clear the path ahead, but if you wanted to free whatever was trapped, you'd need to think of another way.



Myahoo- With the Pidgey now in your possession, you express your desire to challenge Jet's trial. A grin instantly spawns on the Trial Captain's face, he seems delighted to hear this. "I'm assuming since you got up the waterfall you already have at least one trial badge? Mine isn't for the faint of heart, I hope you've got some strong flying Pokemon on your team. How about we head up to the Cloud Shrine and I'll give you a little more information." Jet releases his Drifblim from its ball and the two of you make your way back to the entrance of the cave. Jet helps drag the basket out of the cave, thankfully the storm seems to have died down. The Drifblim reattaches itself and Jet climbs into the basket, inviting you in as well. You climb in with your Pokemon and Jet instructs the Drifblim to take off. It inflates and the basket begins to lift off the ground, rising higher and higher as you begin to ascend up the mountain.

The trip is fairly short, Jet has obviously done this trip a million times. The basket soon touches down at the Cloud Shrine, the old shrine is partially obscured by a thick ring of clouds but its is beautiful none the less. Jet's Pidgeot descends through the clouds. It lands beside its trainer and begins to preen its feathers. "Welcome to the Cloud Shrine Melissa, it might not look like much but its ancient and gives me a great vantage point. Now, I suppose you want details on the trial? How about I show you my team, it should help make things a little more clear. Jet tosses out a pair of Pokeballs, revealing an Emolga and a Talonflame. "My trial is similar to a relay, three legs across different terrain. We start down in the forest, the section of the forest is rather dense and there are a multitude of different obstructions you'll have to weave through. Agility is key here, which is why I like to use Emolga, its perfect at squeezing through tight spots. This is the only leg where you can get away with using a grounded Pokemon, although it'll be a bit harder. Once you reach the edge of the forest, the next leg starts, this time its a race up the mountain, but you'll have to compete with the thermals created from the mix of hot air from the burnt forest and the cold air of Snowfall Steppe. A powerful, experienced flyer is needed here, otherwise you'll find yourself at the mercy of the wings. No one is better at handling the thermals than my Pidgeot. Lastly, we drop down the canyon, its all about the speed here, a flat out sprint to the finish. If you can out speed my Talonflame then you certainly deserve to win. We'll be observing from Drifblim's basket, that way we can have a clear view of our Pokemon at all times. So Melissa, have you got a team in mind?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #685
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You had to determine whether or not that was indeed Laugh trapped within the fire tornado, if it was you would do anything to free her. You are fairly confident that Zoom's Aqua Tail would fail to put out the flames, a fair assumption. If you could somehow get a message to whoever was trapped inside the swirling flames, then maybe you could help them get out. You turn to Zoom, hoping the Furret would be able to help you. You instruct the Normal type to use Helping Hand on yourself, hoping it would help you shout louder. The Furret claps her hands, glowing as she attempts to give you an energy boost. You cup your hands around your mouth and shout out, hoping to contact Laugh. However your shouts are no louder than normal, it seems that the Helping Hand failed to work on you. It wasn't exactly unexpected, it was a move meant to be used on another Pokemon, not a human. Nothing happens to the fire tornado either, at least nothing good....

Flames burst from the tornado, spitting out across the area, creating small spot fires. One burst lands in front of the exit you saw, blocking your exit. The cries from within the tornado continue, its quite probable that whatever is inside wasn't able to hear you, the flames would likely make it hard to hear anything. Zoom looks to you, how were you going to overcome this thing? She was confident she could clear the path ahead, but if you wanted to free whatever was trapped, you'd need to think of another way.
Terri's idea was an interesting, innovative one, but sadly, sometimes innovative doesn't necessarily equal effective. Case in point, the Furret's Helping Hand did nothing for Terri, a fact that almost seemed to surprise her for a moment. And furthermore, the only response that Terri even got only came in the form of bursting flames erupting from the tornado. Small fires popped up where these flames landed, including one obscuring their way forward. This small of a fire, Terri knew Zoom could handle easily, but now that the idea had been planted in her mind, she simply couldn't leave this be, not until she knew for absolute certain whether or not that was Laugh inside that swirling vortex of fire! But how to do this? Terri didn't have her Starmie with her, and she'd also come packing the wrong Ninetales for this situation...

As though sensing its Trainer's predicament, a ball within Terri's bag burst open, and there appeared in a flash of light her Bronzor. XXXXX eyed the flaming tornado with decidedly less trepidation than your average Steel-type, being of a much more Heatproof build than most of said typing could boast.

ANALYZING SITUATION... came XXXXX's droning mechanical monotone in Terri's mind. ERROR- UNABLE TO IDENTIFY BEING TRAPPED WITHIN TORNADO. I ESTIMATE AN 89% CHANCE OF SUCH IDENTIFICATION BEING YOUR OBJECTIVE.

"Yeah- that could be Laugh in there for all I know," Terri whimpered desperately. "But I didn't bring Ava or Andromeda, so I can't use their moves to get rid of this tornado, and Zoom's already pretty sure her Aqua Tail wouldn't do the trick."

I'M INCLINED TO AGREE, intoned XXXXX. PROPOSED SOLUTION- I USE CONFUSION TO TRY AND TELEKINETICALLY SUFFOCATE THE FLAMES.

Terri tilted her head. "That'll work?" she asked. "You have the power to do that to this huge tornado?"

UNCERTAIN, admitted XXXXX. BUT I AM WELL AWARE ABOUT HOW MUCH LAUGH MEANS TO YOU. ON THAT BASIS ALONE, I ESTIMATE A 100% CHANCE THAT THIS IS WORTH EXPENDING THE EFFORT.

Terri gave her Bronzor a grateful smile and hug, during which XXXXX seemed to redden just a bit, almost as though blushing.

"And hey," added Zoom. "If XXXXX ain't got the power, I'll give it the power. You know good and well my Helping Hand'll work on it."

Terri nodded. "OK, then, you two, go for it." She had no idea how this would go, and had to be prepared for anything. If this turned out to be another trick of some sort, another waste of time, she'd be ready to have Zoom put out that fire with Aqua Tail, ready to try and give chase once more. And if this really was another trick, she'd also be more than pissed.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #686
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- You're current team wasn't equipped to deal with Fire, you had to think of a creative solution.... XXXXX releases itself once more, it seemed the Bronzor could sense when its talents were needed. It took no time assessing the situation at hand, it would find a way to help, however obscure. Eventually the Bronzor proposed a plan, use Confusion to manipulate the flames. Zoom would use her Helping Hand to boost the attacks strength, it would certainly work this time, since XXXXX was a Pokemon, not a human. The Bronzor's eyes glow blue as it begins its attack, Zoom claps her hands together as she adds her strength. A blue light trims the tornado as XXXXX begins its attempt. The tornado bends and sways as he attempts to compress it, to smother the flames. However the flames seem to rebel, push against the Confusion almost as if they were being controlled...

With a final push the flames break through XXXXX's Confusion. As they do the cries of terror transform into laughs of delight, it seems you've been duped again! This time a rather boisterous Lampent takes pleasure in your failure, it had wasted your time, just like the Phantump. It remained in the middle of the clearing. You could make a dash for the exit and continue on your pursuit for Laugh, or you could make the Lampent pay. Zoom made a dash for the exit, water swirling around her tail she blows away the flames with a single sweep. The Lampent turns to watch her but doesn't attack, not yet at least.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #687
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You're current team wasn't equipped to deal with Fire, you had to think of a creative solution.... XXXXX releases itself once more, it seemed the Bronzor could sense when its talents were needed. It took no time assessing the situation at hand, it would find a way to help, however obscure. Eventually the Bronzor proposed a plan, use Confusion to manipulate the flames. Zoom would use her Helping Hand to boost the attacks strength, it would certainly work this time, since XXXXX was a Pokemon, not a human. The Bronzor's eyes glow blue as it begins its attack, Zoom claps her hands together as she adds her strength. A blue light trims the tornado as XXXXX begins its attempt. The tornado bends and sways as he attempts to compress it, to smother the flames. However the flames seem to rebel, push against the Confusion almost as if they were being controlled...

With a final push the flames break through XXXXX's Confusion. As they do the cries of terror transform into laughs of delight, it seems you've been duped again! This time a rather boisterous Lampent takes pleasure in your failure, it had wasted your time, just like the Phantump. It remained in the middle of the clearing. You could make a dash for the exit and continue on your pursuit for Laugh, or you could make the Lampent pay. Zoom made a dash for the exit, water swirling around her tail she blows away the flames with a single sweep. The Lampent turns to watch her but doesn't attack, not yet at least.
XXXXX had a tendency, Terri knew good and well by know, to exit its Poké Ball without invitation. Usually, if not always, when its out-of-the-box thinking would be of greatest use, of course, so Terri never had any complaints about this. And this was no exception- having not brought along anything with the capability of tackling such a formidable blaze, Terri needed all the help she could get, and her Bronzor was certainly providing that.

Terri watched hopefully as XXXXX focused on the swirling vortex of fire, watched as bent and swayed... but Terri began to realize something as the flames appeared to fight back, and these suspicions were confirmed as the fire broke free of the Confusion, as wails of terror gave way to mocking laughter, as the figure "trapped" within the flames turned out to be most likely the very Lampent what that set them in the first place.

"...Shit," uttered Zoom. She didn't dare look at Terri's face, knowing full well that the girl was livid, and not without reason. Indeed, Terri was glaring at the Lampent, she was livid. XXXXX kept silent- tempted though it was to connect to Terri's Pokédex and start rattling off Lampent's entry, it calculated a 100% chance of Terri angrily interrupting it if it attempted this.

"You-" Terri began threatening the Lampent.

"Yo!" interrupted Zoom. Terri looked- the Furret had already ran for the exit, extinguishing the way ahead with Aqua Tail. "We going or what?"

Terri took a deep breath to collect herself. Thoughts of Laugh helped her keep her cool. She couldn't worry about making Lampent pay- she had to focus on getting her girlfriend back. Any attempt to punish this haunted light fixture would only waste even more time- Laugh was nowhere around here, and if Terri wanted to find Laugh, she had to move! "Right!" she nodded. She took off running after Zoom, pointing XXXXX's ball over her shoulder as she moved to withdraw the Bronzor. Lampent didn't seem intent on attacking them as far as they could tell, and Terri could only hope it stayed that way. She didn't want to waste any more time than she had to, so if she had to obliterate that thing, she would make it swift and merciless.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #688
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- As Zoom pulls you away from engaging with the Lampent, you withdraw XXXXX and head for the exit. With Zoom clearing the way you continue on your wild goose chase for Laugh, did you really have any idea where you were going? You continue down the path, at this point it was really the only option other than doubling back. The Lampent doesn't pursue you, at least from what you can tell. It doesn't take long for the maze to return to normal, the hedges turning lush and green once more. You pray that with each step you're getting closer to Laugh, you had to be.

As you race through the maze, you find yourself having to make quick decisions. A left at that fork, a right at this one. Path splits three ways, take the middle one! You come to a stop to rub your eyes, they're stinging. You'd been running so fast you hadn't noticed the sand beginning to spread across the ground, a steady wind was dragging the fine particles through the air towards you. You do your best to continue on, shielding your eyes from the sand. However as you continue forward the strength of the Sandstorm only gets stronger. The sand is almost coming up to your ankles now and the wind is howling as it drags more and more sand into the maze. Zoom shifts, she seems unsettled. She thinks she can see something moving in the sand.

This sandstorm was making it even harder for you to get to Laugh. Surely there was a way to get through the sand...
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #689
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- As Zoom pulls you away from engaging with the Lampent, you withdraw XXXXX and head for the exit. With Zoom clearing the way you continue on your wild goose chase for Laugh, did you really have any idea where you were going? You continue down the path, at this point it was really the only option other than doubling back. The Lampent doesn't pursue you, at least from what you can tell. It doesn't take long for the maze to return to normal, the hedges turning lush and green once more. You pray that with each step you're getting closer to Laugh, you had to be.

As you race through the maze, you find yourself having to make quick decisions. A left at that fork, a right at this one. Path splits three ways, take the middle one! You come to a stop to rub your eyes, they're stinging. You'd been running so fast you hadn't noticed the sand beginning to spread across the ground, a steady wind was dragging the fine particles through the air towards you. You do your best to continue on, shielding your eyes from the sand. However as you continue forward the strength of the Sandstorm only gets stronger. The sand is almost coming up to your ankles now and the wind is howling as it drags more and more sand into the maze. Zoom shifts, she seems unsettled. She thinks she can see something moving in the sand.

This sandstorm was making it even harder for you to get to Laugh. Surely there was a way to get through the sand...
Lampent, thankfully, was either not pursuing them, or pursuing them so woefully ineptly that it might as well have not been bothering. Either way, Terri wasn't even thinking about Lampent right now. Right now, Laugh was the only one on her mind, and getting to see her again was the only thing that mattered right now. Every fork in the road spurred a split-second decision. Left! Right! Down the middle path! Every turn, or lack thereof, Terri had less than a second to decide. No time to stop and think- and really, where had thinking gotten her in this anyway? The more she thought, the more she overthought, and the more the ghosts got the better of her. No, she had to go by her instincts for this one.

Alas, Terri was forced to come to a stop and rub some sand out of her eyes. In doing so, as she wondered where this sand was coming from, the answer came to her simply by observing her surroundings. Or rather, the raging Sandstorm obscuring them. Terri hadn't even noticed this, not until the sand in her eyes forced her to stop for a second. Yes, only for a second- Terri was not about to let a little sand stop her! She trudged forward, shielding her eyes as best she could, but the wind and sand only opposed her even more. The sand was coming up to her ankles by this point, and it was getting harder and harder to keep moving. And up ahead, Terri could see Zoom shifting about, as though she'd noticed something. Was it Laugh, or some sort of enemy? Zoom likely knew, possessing quite the Keen Eye which made it extraordinarily unlikely that she'd have trouble seeing through the sand. Terri didn't know, but what she did know was that if she was gonna make it through this sandstorm, she was gonna need some help. She pondered her choices- would Sunny be able to cancel out the sandstorm? Abilities that enabled Pokémon to change the weather just by appearing, they tended to be pretty awesome like that, did they not? Certainly she remembered being told the story about how one of her Pokémon with such an Ability playing a pivotal role in saving the world from a Shadow Pokémon who threatened to plague it with unending Shadow Sky. And that very Pokémon was one of the ones she had on hand right now!

Still determinedly moving forward as best she could, Terri extracted a Premier Ball from her bag and enlarged it. "Sunny, engage!" she exclaimed. And with that, the Normal Form Ninetales appeared in a flash of light. Sunny's very presence, Terri knew, got the local weather to turn more towards Drought-like levels of sunlight. Hopefully, it would cause these winds to die down, allowing Terri to proceed more easily.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:17 PM   #690
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- With the sandstorm becoming more and more of a hindrance, you decide to fight the weather head on. You toss out a Pokeball, releasing Sunny the Ninetales into the gathering sand. The sand is indeed still gather, now halfway up you lower leg. The sun instantly begins to shine brighter due to Sunny's presence, however it seems to do little to stop the sand. If anything it was making it worse, the sand was heating up now. Why hadn't Sunny's Drought ability cancelled it out? It should have had the strength to override whatever started the Sandstorm. You feel the sand begin to shift around you rippling like waves as it begins to gather. Zoom was right, there was something in the sand, or more correctly, the sand was something....

Palloooooooo

You notice a red spade rise up out of the sand, pulling a giant tower of sand out with it. A giant gaping maw soon becomes visible and like a wave at the beach it crashes over you and your Pokemon, swallowing you whole!

You pull yourself upright in the sand, you see Sunny and Zoom nearby. Walls of sand surround you, while the sand around you continues to churn, trapping you in a constant Sand Tomb. The grating sand is slowly wearing away at Zoom and Sunny, especially Sunny. It wasn't just the sand hurting them however, as you could feel your body being drained of energy. It seemed whatever swallowed you was draining the life from your body, it was impossible to tell how long it would be before you succumb. You had to get out of here, but how?!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:29 PM   #691
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With the sandstorm becoming more and more of a hindrance, you decide to fight the weather head on. You toss out a Pokeball, releasing Sunny the Ninetales into the gathering sand. The sand is indeed still gather, now halfway up you lower leg. The sun instantly begins to shine brighter due to Sunny's presence, however it seems to do little to stop the sand. If anything it was making it worse, the sand was heating up now. Why hadn't Sunny's Drought ability cancelled it out? It should have had the strength to override whatever started the Sandstorm. You feel the sand begin to shift around you rippling like waves as it begins to gather. Zoom was right, there was something in the sand, or more correctly, the sand was something....

Palloooooooo

You notice a red spade rise up out of the sand, pulling a giant tower of sand out with it. A giant gaping maw soon becomes visible and like a wave at the beach it crashes over you and your Pokemon, swallowing you whole!

You pull yourself upright in the sand, you see Sunny and Zoom nearby. Walls of sand surround you, while the sand around you continues to churn, trapping you in a constant Sand Tomb. The grating sand is slowly wearing away at Zoom and Sunny, especially Sunny. It wasn't just the sand hurting them however, as you could feel your body being drained of energy. It seemed whatever swallowed you was draining the life from your body, it was impossible to tell how long it would be before you succumb. You had to get out of here, but how?!
It was a flawless plan, at least in theory. Bothersome sandstorm? Send out a Pokémon whose Ability changes the weather (ideally to something other than a Sandstorm, of course), and boom- no more sandstorm. And yet, that was not what happened here. Terri sent out Sunny, who turned the weather, well, sunny, but the bright sunlight didn't replace the sandstorm at all. If anything, it only made things worse- Terri was now trapped in, not just sand, but sand that was starting to heat up. And it was only getting deeper, too. Terri let out a groan of frustration- why wasn't this working? Why wasn't anything working?! How could this get any worse?!?!

And as soon as that last thought crossed her mind, Terri instantly knew she'd regret it. Because as everyone knows, asking how things could possibly get any worse is the universe's cue to show you exactly how. And now was no exception, as Terri saw the shovel rising before her. Not a very scary thing in and of itself- no, Terri was a bit more preoccupied with the minor detail of the gigantic sand castle attached to the shovel. The gigantic sand castle with the equally gigantic mouth. Before Terri could react to this, the supersized sentient sandy structure swallowed her and her Pokémon.

"...WHAT?!?!" Terri exclaimed, letting out no small amount of pent-up frustration and breaking the stunned silence that had befallen them all.

"...Of all the ways I'd have thought I'd died- starvation, picking a fight with the wrong intruder, or looking into Vanish's back hole- I gotta say- never would've called getting eaten by a sand castle," Zoom remarked weakly, still attempting to process what just happened.

"OK... OK... Calm down," Terri was saying to herself. "That was not normal sand. Is this a Pokémon?" As she said this, she produced her Pokédex and consulted it, pointing the device at their sandy surroundings. And indeed, the screen produced an image of their attacker, shovel and all.

"Palossand, the Sand Castle Pokémon. A Ghost and Ground-type, and the evolved form of Sandygast," droned the device. "Once it has whipped up a sandstorm to halt its opponents in their tracks, Palossand eats them and siphons away their vital essence while they're still alive. Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained."

To make the mother of all understatements, the Pokédex's words did not comfort Terri. The device painted a very grisly picture of what fate awaited her if she didn't find a way out. Indeed, Terri could already feel energy leaving her, Sand whirling around as though knowing it would soon enTomb her and her Furret and Ninetales. Sunny especially was taking damage from this, being weak to Ground, all the more reason for Terri to do something, and do it fast.

Well, so much for her instincts. Terri tried following her instincts and ended up getting swallowed by a sentient sand castle. Back to thinking! And fast thinking, at that- really didn't have a lot of time to work with here. Could they make it sick somehow, make it regurgitate them? Or could she do something to blast the infernal thing apart, fight her way out? What was Palossand weak to? Besides Ice- Terri really didn't need a reminder that that wasn't an option at the moment. Water? Would Zoom's Aqua Tail work? Terri was tempted to try that, but she noticed something about the readout on the Pokédex screen- the name of a possible Ability for Palossand; Water Compaction. Terri quickly pressed a button, and learned, to her dismay, that most Palossand were able to beef up their Defense by taking Water moves. No, the last thing she needed was to make this thing even more durable. Grass! Ground was weak to Grass! She could work with that! Quickly, she threw yet another Poké Ball. "Help, engage!" she exclaimed as the Comfey appeared in a flash of light. "Quickly, Help, use Giga Drain and wear this Palossand down!" she urged.

"Right away!" nodded the Posy Picker Pokémon. Though Terri hadn't ordered this, Help opted to use Growth beforehand, the better to put more power into this Giga Drain, because she had a feeling that a lot of power was needed.

But that wasn't where Terri's impromptu strategy stopped. Now she turned to her Furret and Normal Form Ninetales. "You two, help Help out!" she said. "Zoom, use Helping Hand! Sunny, you use Nasty Plot and follow up with Ominous Wind on Palossand!" Both Pokémon, understanding the severity of the situation, set to work at once, knowing their very survival was on the line. And Terri just kept thinking furiously, in case any of this wasn't enough, in case another idea was needed, because at the rate things were going, she wasn't gonna have too many chances to get it right...
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #692
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- Trapped inside a massive Palossand that was slowly draining the life-force of you and your Pokemon, you quickly assess your situation before calling on 'Help'. The Comfey popped out of her ball and sensing the urgency of the situation, undergoes a rapid growth, her flowers glowing and growing as she increases her power. Thankfully not being in the sand seems to save her from the leeching of strength that pains yourself and your other Pokemon. She then sends tendrils into the sand and begins to siphon off the Palossand's strength. Whether or not the attack is successful is up for debate, as all the strength that Help drains is quickly replenished with your own strength. Zoom attempts to aid the Comfey, weakly clapping her hands to bolster the Fairy type's power even more. With the boost, Help seems to get the upper-hand, as the walls of the Palossand begin to shake.

Seeing the Palossand begin to weaken, Sunny begins to plot her own nasty plan. With a strong boost behind her, Sunny releases a powerful Ominous Wind, which cuts through the swirling mass of sand before slamming into wall of the Palossand. The sand is parted by the powerful gust, making a hole big enough for you to get through. As you're dragged through the swirling sand, you wait for your chance to escape. As the exit approaches, you and your Pokemon use every last ounce of energy to push through the sand, tumbling out the side of the Palossand.

The blue sky watches over you, you were free. All of your Pokemon were beside you, Zoom and Sunny are looking fatigued while Help floats alongside you, checking whether you're okay. You slowly climb back to your feet, a little unsteady but that is to be expected. The sand beneath your feet is begin to retreat, watching, you notice the Palossand is begin to reduce in size, soon reaching a height no taller than yourself. It seemed to be passive as it recovered, however you can't be certain how long it will last. If you wanted to continue on your pursuit of Laugh you would have to get moving, however perhaps the Palossand was somehow connected to her disappearance?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:57 PM   #693
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Trapped inside a massive Palossand that was slowly draining the life-force of you and your Pokemon, you quickly assess your situation before calling on 'Help'. The Comfey popped out of her ball and sensing the urgency of the situation, undergoes a rapid growth, her flowers glowing and growing as she increases her power. Thankfully not being in the sand seems to save her from the leeching of strength that pains yourself and your other Pokemon. She then sends tendrils into the sand and begins to siphon off the Palossand's strength. Whether or not the attack is successful is up for debate, as all the strength that Help drains is quickly replenished with your own strength. Zoom attempts to aid the Comfey, weakly clapping her hands to bolster the Fairy type's power even more. With the boost, Help seems to get the upper-hand, as the walls of the Palossand begin to shake.

Seeing the Palossand begin to weaken, Sunny begins to plot her own nasty plan. With a strong boost behind her, Sunny releases a powerful Ominous Wind, which cuts through the swirling mass of sand before slamming into wall of the Palossand. The sand is parted by the powerful gust, making a hole big enough for you to get through. As you're dragged through the swirling sand, you wait for your chance to escape. As the exit approaches, you and your Pokemon use every last ounce of energy to push through the sand, tumbling out the side of the Palossand.

The blue sky watches over you, you were free. All of your Pokemon were beside you, Zoom and Sunny are looking fatigued while Help floats alongside you, checking whether you're okay. You slowly climb back to your feet, a little unsteady but that is to be expected. The sand beneath your feet is begin to retreat, watching, you notice the Palossand is begin to reduce in size, soon reaching a height no taller than yourself. It seemed to be passive as it recovered, however you can't be certain how long it will last. If you wanted to continue on your pursuit of Laugh you would have to get moving, however perhaps the Palossand was somehow connected to her disappearance?
At first, it wasn't looking good. Terri watched hopefully as Help got started, and was rather impressed as the Comfey had the forethought to power up with Growth first. However, the efforts didn't seem to be working, as Palossand seemed to be sapping the others' strength just as fast as Help was sapping its. But that was where Zoom came in- the Furret, determined to not let it end like this, transferred some power over to her teammate, and that did the trick- Palossand was starting to weaken! In this, Sunny saw her opening. Nasty Plot in mind, the Normal Form Ninetales let loose a howling Ominous Wind, which ripped a hole right in their sandy prison! This, they all knew, was their chance- with every last ounce of strength they all possessed, Terri, Zoom, Help, and Sunny burst through, emerging back into the open, beautiful blue sky visible to them once more.

Help floated alongside Terri as she slowly, unsteadily, climbed back to her feet. "Are you OK?" Help asked.

"I'm fine," Terri grunted as she stood up. "I'm good, Help. Thanks to you," she added with as strong a smile as she could muster. "Thanks to all of you," she added, now addressing all three Pokémon.

"Heh," Zoom gave a feeble chuckle. "I dunno how we're dying or when, but I sure as shit wasn't about to die in a giant haunted sand castle's belly."

"Oooh... that wasn't pleasant," groaned Sunny, shaking sand out of her fur. "I certainly wasn't expecting a Palossand."

"None of us were," Terri stated. "Now let's move- we need to catch up to Laugh!"

"Now hold on a sec," frowned Zoom. "No, seriously, hear me out," she added, noting the sudden glare she was getting from Terri. "Maybe we been going about this the wrong way. We don't know which way we're going in this maze, we're just getting more and more lost, and falling headfirst into more and more traps set up by what I'm guessing is every single species of Ghost-type in existence."

"What's your point?" Terri asked urgently.

"My point is," stated Zoom, "that instead of just running around like a flock of Combusken with our heads cut off, maybe we oughta be grilling this fucker for information!" She pointed at the steadily recovering Palossand as she spoke. "It's clear as day this son of a beach is working for the shithead kidnappers what that took Laugh, so right now, we want a lead on where to go, this is what we got."

Terri nodded. "...You're right," she sighed. "I'm sorry I didn't realize this myself," she added. "I just-"

"Hey. I seen how you and Laugh are," grinned Zoom. "No apology necessary."

"But that leaves the question of how we compel it to talk," Help piped up. "I doubt it'll answer us willingly."

"Heh, I thought of that, too," Zoom smirked. "I think this is a job for XXXXX."

Now Terri was grinning as well, Poké Ball already in hand. "I agree completely," she stated, but before she could throw the ball, it opened of its own accord, the Bronzor materializing before them.

CONVERSATION OVERHEARD, came the Bronzor's telepathic monotone. PROPOSED METHOD INFERRED. REQUESTING PERMISSION TO PROCEED WITH INTERROGATION TECHNIQUE 95.

Terri nodded. "Permission granted," she stated.

AFFIRMATIVE, MISS TERRI, responded XXXXX. The Bronzor floated over to the Palossand and attempted to lock eyes with it. Terri looked on curiously, hoping this would work. Interrogation Technique 95 was, quite simply, the Hypnosis attack. Put Palossand into a trance, compel it to answer them honestly, at which point Terri would demand to know where the Froslass was taken and how to get there from where they currently were. And in such a weakened state, surely Palossand would be all the more susceptible to hypnotic suggestion.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 04-07-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:16 AM   #694
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- For the first time since Laugh was ghost-napped, you take a moment to think. You'd been running haphazardly through this maze with no sign of getting any closer to Laugh. Along the way you'd been slowed and thrown off course by three Ghosts, who until now you hadn't given a second thought. This Palossand likely knew of Laugh's capture and perhaps also knew exactly where she was being held. You needed to find out what it knew, thankfully you had the perfect Pokemon for that.

XXXXX releases itself from its ball, once again showing its talent for knowing when it would be needed. You give the Bronzor its orders, hypnotise the Palossand so you could interrogate it and finally find Laugh. The Steel/Psychic type's eyes glow bright blue as it locks eyes with the still regathering Palossand. It isn't long before the eyes of the ghost glow the same colour as the Bronzor's, it was now at your command. You step in front of the pile of sand which had almost just consumed you. Speaking bluntly, you demand to know where Laugh is!

The Palossand doesn't make a sound, instead it just turns and begins to move down the path. Was it leading you to Laugh? Or maybe XXXXX's Hypnosis didn't work as intended? For all you know this is another trick, but this is the best lead you've had on finding Laugh. All of your Pokemon turn to you, would you follow the Palossand or would you continue to tear through the maze like a rampaging Scolipede?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #695
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- For the first time since Laugh was ghost-napped, you take a moment to think. You'd been running haphazardly through this maze with no sign of getting any closer to Laugh. Along the way you'd been slowed and thrown off course by three Ghosts, who until now you hadn't given a second thought. This Palossand likely knew of Laugh's capture and perhaps also knew exactly where she was being held. You needed to find out what it knew, thankfully you had the perfect Pokemon for that.

XXXXX releases itself from its ball, once again showing its talent for knowing when it would be needed. You give the Bronzor its orders, hypnotise the Palossand so you could interrogate it and finally find Laugh. The Steel/Psychic type's eyes glow bright blue as it locks eyes with the still regathering Palossand. It isn't long before the eyes of the ghost glow the same colour as the Bronzor's, it was now at your command. You step in front of the pile of sand which had almost just consumed you. Speaking bluntly, you demand to know where Laugh is!

The Palossand doesn't make a sound, instead it just turns and begins to move down the path. Was it leading you to Laugh? Or maybe XXXXX's Hypnosis didn't work as intended? For all you know this is another trick, but this is the best lead you've had on finding Laugh. All of your Pokemon turn to you, would you follow the Palossand or would you continue to tear through the maze like a rampaging Scolipede?
They'd tried Terri's approach. Her hasty, haphazard, half-baked approach- just running off after Laugh and her kidnappers, completely unsure of which way was the right way. The ghosts could have easily changed direction at any point, while Terri and her Pokémon kept getting more turned around than a pack of inebriated Spinda. Now that Zoom had gotten Terri to slow down and to think, to use that brilliant brain they all knew she possessed, Terri could see now that her way wasn't getting them anywhere. Just lost in the maze, at the mercy of the various Ghost-types that seemed to exist solely to screw her up, slow her down, keep her away from Laugh. And that was unacceptable- they had to change this, and fast, if they had any hope of rescuing Laugh, and right now, Zoom's idea seemed like the best way to proceed- instead of just leaving Palossand behind, they were gonna use it as their best lead. After all, if these ghosts were working for those horrible, despicable kidnappers, it stood to reason they'd know where Terri ought go in order to save Laugh.

Terri looked on intently as XXXXX locked eyes with Palossand, and to her immense satisfaction, the sentient sandcastle's eyes took on the same blue glow as XXXXX's eyes- the Hypnosis worked! Taking this as her cue, Terri stepped forward. Her normally sweet, smiling demeanor was alarmingly grim and determined, and as her Pokémon looked on, they knew that if Palossand possessed any manner of self-preservation instinct whatsoever, it wouldn't try and fight this, and would help them out, whether willingly or otherwise.

Palossand said nothing. That's not to say that it didn't respond at all, though- instead of saying something, it simply turned and made its way down the path. Zoom, XXXXX, Sunny, and Help all turned to Terri, all of them wondering what they would do. Was this another trap? Was Palossand in control after all?

Terri looked at her Pokémon. "Let's go," she said firmly. She led the way after Palossand, and the Furret, Bronzor, Comfey, and Normal Form Ninetales all followed. Terri considered the possibility that Palossand might try to screw them over if it had somehow snapped out of its trance, but right now, Terri elected to have faith in her Bronzor's abilities. This was their best lead at the moment, and she'd take it for all it was worth.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #696
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- You decide to follow the Palossand, hoping it would finally lead you to the Laugh. It takes almost an hour of following the mobile pile of sand, but eventually you reach your destination, the centre of the maze. Waiting in the middle of the clearing is a hunched over figure, draped in a dark cloak. With the hood up it is impossible to get a clear look, but it isn't long before they address you.

"We were wondering when you would get here", the figure's voice is deep and sends a chill down your spine, why did the voice carry so much power? "I'll admit, you're friend has proven a tough one to break, but once you're gone I think I'll finally be able to bend her to my will." The figure steps aside, revealing an unconscious Laugh on the ground behind it. A Pokeball floats out and withdraws the Palossand before floating back towards the figure. "My pets did their best to keep you busy while I worked to turn this Froslass to my side, but she seems intent on remaining loyal to you. Unfortunately for you, that means the bond has to be cut, along with your throat." The figure than begins to chuckle menacingly, did it really indeed on killing you?!

You have finally tracked down Laugh's kidnapper, but not only has her kidnapper threatened to take Laugh from you, they also threaten to take your life. There is something unsettling about them as well, something wasn't right here.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #697
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You decide to follow the Palossand, hoping it would finally lead you to the Laugh. It takes almost an hour of following the mobile pile of sand, but eventually you reach your destination, the centre of the maze. Waiting in the middle of the clearing is a hunched over figure, draped in a dark cloak. With the hood up it is impossible to get a clear look, but it isn't long before they address you.

"We were wondering when you would get here", the figure's voice is deep and sends a chill down your spine, why did the voice carry so much power? "I'll admit, you're friend has proven a tough one to break, but once you're gone I think I'll finally be able to bend her to my will." The figure steps aside, revealing an unconscious Laugh on the ground behind it. A Pokeball floats out and withdraws the Palossand before floating back towards the figure. "My pets did their best to keep you busy while I worked to turn this Froslass to my side, but she seems intent on remaining loyal to you. Unfortunately for you, that means the bond has to be cut, along with your throat." The figure than begins to chuckle menacingly, did it really indeed on killing you?!

You have finally tracked down Laugh's kidnapper, but not only has her kidnapper threatened to take Laugh from you, they also threaten to take your life. There is something unsettling about them as well, something wasn't right here.
The suspense mounted as Terri and her Pokémon followed the Palossand. Mostly because none of them knew whether this would work, but also partly because this was going very slowly.

"...Why couldn't i have gotten this idea back at the Lampent?" Zoom snarkily remarked to no one in particular once they'd been following Palossand for about half an hour. "Pretty sure that thing'd move faster than ol' shovel head here." Terri said nothing in response, but privately agreed with her Furret- this was going entirely too slowly for her liking.

But finally, they reached the center of the maze. A large clearing, and right in the middle, Terri could see a figure, hunched over, clad in a dark cloak that obscured their identity completely. But before Terri could think about this too much, the figure addressed her. Evidently, Terri's presence was very much expected. Terri gave an involuntary shudder at this being's voice- it was deep and bone-chilling, and seemed to carry a great deal of power. But soon, rather than shuddering from the sound of that voice, Terri found herself shaking in rage, for this figure very quickly made clear their plan- to break Laugh's spirit, to bring her over to their side. Thus far, however, they've been unsuccessful, a fact that both warmed Terri's heart as a reminder of Laugh's unwavering love and loyalty towards her, and also infuriated her as she realized that this... this... whatever the hell this was... must have subjected Laugh to Arceus only knows what sort of horrors in the name of breaking her spirit. And to top the whole thing off, this being then revealed the next step in their plan- something that would, they believed, break Laugh's spirit once and for all- killing the one she loved, the one who already had her loyalty.

For a moment, naught but a stunned silence met the cloaked being's words. Whoever, whatever this was, this was pure evil on a scale that shocked and horrified everyone present. But then-

"Girlfriend," Terri corrected the figure. "She is my girlfriend. Of course you can't break her- what we have is something that goes far beyond breaking. Even if you do cut my throat, you think she'll submit to you? No- you'll only give her all the more incentive in the world to end you. Of course, it's not as though you'll be getting a chance to actually test any of this out," she added, with a sudden glare in the devilish being's direction. "You horrible, wretched, disgusting lowlife," she seethed, positively oozing white-hot fury like an Umbreon oozes toxic sweat. "We will show you exactly how badly you've just fucked up!!" she declared.

As one, although without any orders, Terri's Pokémon sprang into action. XXXXX and Zoom were both intent on the same thing- figuring out exactly who or what they were dealing with, though their methods differed- the Bronzor tapped into its odd link with Terri's Pokédex with the intention of analyzing the mysterious cloaked figure. If they were dealing with a Pokémon of some sort, this would tell it what, and XXXXX could telepathically relay its findings to the others. Zoom, on the other hand, was going right for a Foresight attack, the Furret figuring if it can cut through evasiveness-boosting techniques and the intangibility of Ghost-types, then maybe it could help shed some light on this figure's identity.

Meanwhile, Sunny and Help were preparing themselves as well. Sunny proceeded to Plot against this Nasty piece of work, and Help was looking to fire a nice, restrictive, draining Leech Seed at them. Following that, Sunny intended to unleash the Ominous Wind, while Help gave, well, a Helping Hand. But not until Terri played her part in all this.

And play her part she was prepared to do. The figure had stepped aside to reveal Laugh's unconscious form, and as much as it pained Terri to see her beloved like this, she knew what to do- she had a clean shot, now was the moment to go right for the Luxury Ball and withdraw Laugh. The Froslass wasn't fond of Poké Balls, but the Luxury Ball Terri had given her as a birthday gift, that at least she'd grown to at least tolerate. Besides, this was an emergency, and they'd both been long in agreement on the use of Laugh's Luxury Ball in such situations. Terri knew Laugh would greatly prefer the interior of her Luxury Ball to continued close proximity with her tormentor. And also, Sunny needed a clean shot to let fly Ominous Wind- nobody wanted to hurt Laugh in the process of hurting this demon of a being.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:54 AM   #698
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- As you launch your verbal assault and your Pokemon prepare to launch a more physical assault, the mysterious figure cracks into action. A shadow emerges from the earth in front of it, the purple Pokemon is one familiar to you, a Gengar. With a single look in somehow manages to Hypnotise your entire party, putting them in a deep slumber.

"Oh come now, no need to rush things, why don't we take this slow", the figure begins to move forward, rising out of its hunch as bones begin to crack into place. "You're spirit is strong and your body unharmed, perhaps you would make a better host? How about a little wager? A battle, three Pokemon each. If you win you can take your Froslass and leave, however if I win, I get your Froslass, as well as your soul. Yes, yes, that would work perfectly. You'd still be together that way." As the mysterious figure straightens, the hood concealing its face falls backwards. A young man stands before you, or at least, the shell of one. His eyes are glazed white, his face sunken like a man starved. A wide, sickly smile stretch from ear to ear, his pale white skin seems untouched by the sun. "Come now, select a Pokemon and my Gengar will release it from its trance, nothing silly like before or I won't hesitate to cut you down. You catch a glimpse of steel poking out of each sleeve of the man's cloak, it appears he is armed.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:14 AM   #699
Missingno. Master
New thing to brag about!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- As you launch your verbal assault and your Pokemon prepare to launch a more physical assault, the mysterious figure cracks into action. A shadow emerges from the earth in front of it, the purple Pokemon is one familiar to you, a Gengar. With a single look in somehow manages to Hypnotise your entire party, putting them in a deep slumber.

"Oh come now, no need to rush things, why don't we take this slow", the figure begins to move forward, rising out of its hunch as bones begin to crack into place. "You're spirit is strong and your body unharmed, perhaps you would make a better host? How about a little wager? A battle, three Pokemon each. If you win you can take your Froslass and leave, however if I win, I get your Froslass, as well as your soul. Yes, yes, that would work perfectly. You'd still be together that way." As the mysterious figure straightens, the hood concealing its face falls backwards. A young man stands before you, or at least, the shell of one. His eyes are glazed white, his face sunken like a man starved. A wide, sickly smile stretch from ear to ear, his pale white skin seems untouched by the sun. "Come now, select a Pokemon and my Gengar will release it from its trance, nothing silly like before or I won't hesitate to cut you down. You catch a glimpse of steel poking out of each sleeve of the man's cloak, it appears he is armed.
The combined efforts of Terri and her Pokémon would surely have given them a nice little advantage against this thing, but alas, it wasn't to be. A Gengar rose from the ground, and somehow cast Hypnosis on Terri's entire team, putting them into trances. Zoom, XXXXX, Sunny, Help, they were all asleep, all at once! Terri was understandably stunned by this turn of events, and simply looked on in stunned silence as the figure calmly suggested a wager. A three-on-three battle, with both Terri and Laugh at stake If Terri won, she could take Laugh and leave, but if this horrible being won, he not only got Laugh, he got Terri's soul.

And then, the figure straightened up, with the sound of bones cracking into place. The hood fell back, revealing the figure to be that of a young man. And that's using the term loosely- this fellow looked like the stuff of nightmares. Eyes glazed white, inhumanly pale skin, face sunken as though starved, his grin sickly and positively Gengaresque in width. He urged Terri to select a Pokémon, upon which his Gengar would lift the trance from the chosen Pokémon. And he made it abundantly clear that any... alternative methods of resolving this would not be tolerated. Terri eyed the man, saw the tiniest glimpse of steel poking out of the sleeves. He was armed, she realized- and now she was essentially at his mercy.

Terri met the horrible man's revolting look with the same look from before, with even more disgust in the mix. It infuriated her that she had to play by this thing's rules, but on the other hand, this was her best shot at saving Laugh. She had to take it, for both their sakes.

Terri gave the matter serious consideration. Thus far, the man had only used Ghost-types, but she knew better than to take it for granted that that was all he had. Still, she just didn't know yet... she had to go with a Pokémon whose weaknesses were few and far between, something that could employ a wide variety of strategies if need be. Something dependable in most situations. And she knew just what to go for, too.

"Release my Furret from her trance," hissed Terri, pointing at Zoom.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:31 AM   #700
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,725
Missingno. Master- Conceding that you have no choice but to follow the rules set down by this gruesome ghoul, you announce that Zoom would be your first champion. The Gengar chuckles and with a click of its fingers, the Furret is awakened. Zoom looks to you, unsure about what had just happened. Looking around she notices that everyone else is still out of it and it doesn't take long for her to put two and two together. The Gengar slowly treats behind its master, floating just behind the figure as it sends a Pokeball floating out in front of itself. The ball pops open, revealing a familiar face.

"You do remember my friend don't you?", the figure chuckles, "you were so intent on playing nice, winning him over. Little did you know that his life is bond to mine, just like your own will be before long, as will your 'girlfriend's."

The Phantump sticks out its tongue, antagonising Zoom. The Furret had fallen for its rouse earlier and the Phantump had already registered a couple of hits on the Normal type. Now it would serve the will of its master once more and take him a step closer to secure both Laugh's service and your soul. The Phantump's leaves begin to sparkle and glow as it undergoes some rapid Growth, making it all the more threatening.

"Let's get this underway shall we, Phantump, Will-O-Wisp then a Rock Slide." A trio of wispy blue flames begin to swirl around the possessed stump, threatening to burn Zoom and make it all the more difficult for her to do damage to the Ghost type.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.