Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #26
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

What's stopping you?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #27
Emp
Volcano Badge

Several reasons: potential lack of interest, exams, time constraints etc. There should probably be a PO general thread first, and any tourneys/leagues could sprout from interest in that. I didn’t mean to step on anyones toes; I just think eliminating fairly meagre legendaries (Entei, Articuno etc) won’t really solve the problem. Why not just ban hacked Pokemon, or Pokemon traded from the GTS? A Lv.100 Hydreigon from the GTS has just as much chance as a legendary of being hacked.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #28
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
-OHKO Ban - All OHKO moves banned.

...Seems a little odd to ban OHKO moves with 30% accuracy when King's Rock and the like are allowed and most attacks 2HKO anyways, but okay then.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #29
Loki

No PO - Why? Well, you bought Black and/or White right? So why not use it? If you wanted to play it just for the story... well... that's why people have emulators. If you didn't care for the story and just wanted to battle, you would have just played on PO and never bought the game. So now you have the option to do both and you guys only want to play on PO. The easy route. This is the only thing I won't be changing my mind on.

Legendary Ban - Why? As I've said, we've had past problems with legends being illegitimate. But even without that, there are only 47 or so Legends out of 649 Pokemon. More than half of these Legends are either Uber or NU/UU. This leaves us with about 18 OU Legends. So really? You're going to argue about 20 Pokemon when you have like over 200 maximum evolutionary available.

In addition, Legends tend to lead to a lot of "OMG, need to reset so I can catch a Legendary with better Nature or IVs!" Meanwhile, other Pokemon tend to just be "Lemme hatch some eggs." While you can argue both are extremely time consuming when you have piss poor luck, at least with an Egg, you can try to choose a 2nd best choice of hatched Pokemon, but with a legend, if you don't find your ideal Pokemon, you have nothing or a legend with stats you don't like at all. I might change my mind if enough people petition it, but it means a lot more work in checking legitimacy.

No Dream World - Why? Someone asked online. Also claiming Sand Rush Excadrill will rule the tournament. Well it's simple: Dream World has not been released yet outside of Japan due to the disasters of the recent few weeks. We cannot expect them to release any DW Pokemon anytime soon and even if they did, there are no guarantees that any of them will be Drought Ninetales or Drizzle Politoed. With that in mind, keep Excadrill in mind as you build your team. In addition, this limits the need to ban anything like Drizzle/Swift Swim or Speed Boost Blaziken or anything like that, which most people will argue about endlessly on exactly how overpowered they are or not.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
Loki

Like no one would complain over random Fissure wins.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #31
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
What about those of us that have the game but our wi-fi and ds don't get along so we can't use the b/w games competitively yet.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #32
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

>We cannot expect them to release any DW Pokemon anytime soon

It's happening Wednesday. SEREBII CONFIRMED.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #33
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by hen da man View Post
What about those of us that have the game but our wi-fi and ds don't get along so we can't use the b/w games competitively yet.
Try their site for help: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/index.jsp

You have until June to figure it out. Unfortunately, other than that, I'm not really able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
It's happening Wednesday. SEREBII CONFIRMED.
That announcement was taken off the Pokemon site after that newest earthquake on the 7th, so good luck on that. If it becomes available, we can talk about changing it.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #34
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Tried that site but it couldn't help I have no idea so I'll just skip it.

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
hen da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #35
Selena
Aroma Lady

I agree on the rules, no legends whatsoever is a bit iffy though. But we really should ban wobba.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #36
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I just realized something- We CAN'T do Single 6vs6. That's the one issue with B/W multiplayer- they have set rules for Lv50 matches, which is 'bring 6, choose 3'. Well, for singles. For Doubles, it's 'bring 6, choose 4'. I forget Triples atm.

Also, what about a Wonder Launcher Clause?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by milotic111 View Post
But we really should ban wobba.
/sigh I forgot about wobby.

I guess I will come up with some kind of uber list to ban. But to prevent cheating, everyone is going to have to save their battles and upload it so they can be reviewed for problems.

They do still have the Vs Recorder Video uploading right?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #38
Selena
Aroma Lady

Yeah they have. Also Kin you CAN still have 6v6 battles, the catch is that there isn't auto leveling...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 04-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #39
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Yeah they have. Also Kin you CAN still have 6v6 battles, the catch is that there isn't auto leveling...
That's what I was talking about.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #40
Loki

Hmm. Odd. I had a 6v6 IR battle with my friend and we were auto-leveled to 50. Are they really penalizing us with only 3v3s in WiFi battles?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #41
Selena
Aroma Lady

Yup, my theory is that they will give back the auto-leveling option in Grey, for another reason to buy that game.

We can still have 6v6 battles, but we'd have to agree on a level.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #42
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I'm interested in this, but the level thing is the major problem.
I suggest 50, mostly because I'd have to level my guys up otherwise, but I suppose majority rules.
Taking the level issue in mind we could just do 3 on 3s, as not awesome as that is.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #43
Loki

Maybe we redo the poll? lol.

With a level 50 cap, we have the loss of Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Hydreigon, which could effect a lot of people's play styles. The other thing which I suspect from everyone who voted for "All Species" will be using imported Pokemon from Gen 4 (maybe even Gen 3!) and would be above level 50 already.

Last edited by Loki; 04-11-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #44
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Level 100 is certainly doable, it just might be painful for those of us (me) who have none.
If everyone else is down with level 100 battles then by all means its doable, we probably need more opinions on it before we can do anything.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #45
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

ATTACH LUCKY EGG
MURDER THOUSANDS OF AUDINOS

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #46
Selena
Aroma Lady

Grinding to level 100 is made easier.. Also half my team is already level 100. But for another idea. If we do triple battles we can use the auto leveling system and still bring 6 pokemon.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #47
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
Level 100 is certainly doable, it just might be painful for those of us (me) who have none.
If everyone else is down with level 100 battles then by all means its doable, we probably need more opinions on it before we can do anything.
Yeah, I agree with Lv100.

Lucky Egg+E4+EntralinkEXP^^^= Lv100 in no time.

But drop the EntralinkEXP^^^ if you don't have any RL friends/Siblings with the game.

Quote:
Quote:
But for another idea. If we do triple battles we can use the auto leveling system and still bring 6 pokemon.
Guess that doesn't apply to Rotation? *Undefeated in Rotation*
Quote:
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Rules so far:
-Evasion clause - No Double Team or Minimize usage. Brightpowder is banned. Acupressure is okay.
-Self-KO clause - Use of Destiny Bond/Explosion/Self Destruct on your last Pokemon gives your opponent the win.
-Item clause - Pokemon cannot use the same held item.
-Species clause - Can only use one Pokemon of a species.
-Sleep clause - Can only put one enemy Pokemon to Sleep. Rest is still okay.
-Legends Banned - All legends. Not just uber ones. Reasoning is because last tournament we had issues. Legends are always the most likely to be trouble.
-Dream World Pokemon Banned - Dream World is not available yet outside Japan (which it might be down again because of the disasters), so no DW Pokemon.

EDIT IN:

-OHKO Ban - All OHKO moves banned.

MAKE YOUR OBJECTIONS!
Only concerns I have are the Legend ban, and the item clause, otherwise looks good. also, I don't really care whether it's L50 or L100 for 6 v 6 Singles, but no doubles/triples, please.

and which ban list are we using? I mean, Wobba, sure, but what exactly is the ban list? also, should only let in DW stuff that's been allowed in the US.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #49
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater View Post
Only concerns I have are the Legend ban, and the item clause, otherwise looks good. also, I don't really care whether it's L50 or L100 for 6 v 6 Singles, but no doubles/triples, please.

and which ban list are we using? I mean, Wobba, sure, but what exactly is the ban list? also, should only let in DW stuff that's been allowed in the US.
You do realize that means you have to train your mon to Lv100, right?

Auto Leveling forces 'Bring __, pick ___'.
Quote:
Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're going to lose people either way. Some of you will NOT want to run a team of six new creatures while some of you won't have to abandon your old friends because they were underleveled to begin with. For starters, there's at least one person here who is very partial to his dragons and will NOT want to be told, "Level 50, biatch. Either you re-raise them or else you don't get to use them. And lol too bad so sad if you wanted to use dragons! " Seeing as he's the person running the show, you may already be fighting a losing fight for Level 50s, Kind.

I dunno. A lot of these problems can easily be avoided with a P-O tourney. Perhaps the best option would be to run a P-O tourney for 6v6 singles and a gimmick tourney (like 3v3 or all Lvl 50s) for the DS tourney. Have two tourneys, basically: one that isn't malfunctional for 6v6 singles and one that appears to be so.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON