UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #401
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Absol

is finally over. There were ups and there were downs, tears and sweeps, but it was a good match... Both of them. Firewater's team and types have had me worried for a good while now and that lead to much planning on my part, both earlier in the tournament and today, and many hard choices within my team and with switches or the lack of. I have to say, that first match went like clockwork compared to what I'd believed would happen. FW was unlucky in the fact that he hadn't loaded his adjusted team, so afterwards we had a nice friendly which was a lot closer and a lot tougher. That of course made it all the more enjoyable.

Anyway, another victory for the grounds and I'll upload the second match as well (FW was fine with the first being official, although I didn't mind uploading either as they had the same result, only closer) just in case anyone wants to watch it.

Spoiler: show
PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #402
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
Grass lost to Ground, i'll let yougi post the thread. I am a bit irratated at myself, as failure to load the correct setup team was part of the problem. the other problem was that Gilscor kind of.... well it destroyed me since it outsped everything. And with the second match, I feel it was because Yougi expected my strategy, but regardless of that fact- my strategy was ruined a bit the instant that he led with Gilscor instead of the Hippowdon or Mamoswine that I had expected.

and with that, I think I'm done- assuming the few that remain don't come back in time.

I finished about where I expected, a few of the losses weren't expected/dissapointing, some wins were similar- but Grass is a pretty shitty type for this kind of thing. MVP- easily goes to the Demon Ludicolo, and Whimscott.

Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 144 HP / 16 Def / 56 SAtk / 40 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes

this was my lead for most of the time, it's fun, it's useful- but realizing how the team ended up, sunny day was useless, but other than a few Sleep Powder misses and such, it was a solid lead, until it got replaced. but Leaf Storm was pretty good

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Def / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef / 48 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed

this worked out sort of well, I mean I feel that he could have used some speed, or less Sp.Attack, or even HP Ice instead of Electric. Regardless of what happened he took some hits, did a lot of weird things, but I think he was spread out too much, and he wasn't effective. one thing to note that I never did manage to get a Chlorophyll sweep, ever. Yougi stopped me the time I actually thought of it, lol.

Whimsicott (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 40 SAtk / 176 SDef / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Switcheroo
- Substitute
this thing is the most amazing poke ever... unless you prepare for it, I mean I enjoyed simply the amazing things I could do with it, in terms of getting the trick up, and some Leech Seed stalls. this failed a few times [vs. birds, vs. Ground, ect.] but overall this set worked so well I simply had to make him co-MVP with Ludicolo

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 16 HP / 96 Def / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef / 88 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
I needed someone who could smack the hell out of things. Ludicolo filled that role. I regret once again not really focusing on speed, but when he wasn't OHKO'ed, he did a ton of work, and was my...yeah, he was the only sweeper on this team, ect.

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 160 HP / 12 Atk / 160 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide
I would argue that he's the third best, or the third MVP if I'd bothered to give more than 2 MVP's- at the same time, he did well, needed more attack though

Tangrowth (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 140 HP / 80 Atk / 216 Def / 72 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stun Spore
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
simply novelty, I feel that he does work... when he doesn't miss Power Whips or gets OHKO'ed by crit SE Physical moves... or is OHKO'ed in general- seriously... actually this was really useless because of the fact that he never got started at any point. But if I could change him, I would have gone with a normal Tangrowth set... well I don't know how I would have fixed it other than playing better.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 36 SDef / 56 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Stone Edge
- Sky Uppercut
- Substitute
when I first started using this guy, he was kind of useless, but he grew on me, got less useless, I feel that the only problem was that he missed too much- but that was the price to pay for not using Focus Punch or some random weak fighting move. Stone Edge... eh I think T-punch may have been better..

Ferrothorn (M) @ Occa Berry
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 236 HP / 228 Def / 44 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
this guy's kinda awesome, loved how Occa Berry saved his ass so much, T-wave helped, but nothing really to say, just that it is a strong wall...ignoring flames.

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 52 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Def / 20 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
meh, it worked a few times, most of the time he failed though. he didn't fail as bad as Tangrowth though.

Overall I enjoyed this, I lost a few that I could have won, won a few that I shoudn't have. What I've realized is... Grass is a real shitty type. granted, I needed to pick one strategy, either being a Sunny Day kind of sweeping team, or a stall team- picking both doesn't work. and Stall's even worse when most teams have at minimum one SE move for your type. I also regret being so defensive because of the fact that once Ludi died, my offense was gone, if I didn't have spikes/T-wave/sleep, ect running around I usually lost really quickly- I also wish I'd remembered Celebii before it was too late. But while I have lots of regrets, and realization that grass really sucks as a type, I did enjoy this tourney though.

Last edited by Firewater; 03-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #403
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post
So yeah, that's my bit. Fight eachother by Sunday, if you've deleted your team then I can't do much for you really.
It's been almost one month since this post and about three months since the start of the tournament. I think we need to put this one to rest.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON