Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #126
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
Yeah Regigigas would be GOD powerful if it has any ability other than Slow Start or Truant.
Or Stall.

Stall. *scoffs*
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #127
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Regigigigigigigigas is a shame really, they tried hard not to make it broken but removing Rest and Protect makes it damn-near unusable.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #128
Princess Ana

It seems that PO has not updated the new moves in, which is a shame, but, we can still make out own sets, right?

Eelektross @ Leftovers
252HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Atk
Careful Nature
-Coil
-Drain Punch
-Aqua Tail
-Wild Charge/Thunderpunch

Now that Eelektross gets Drain Punch, he can run a good coil set. This sets obviously is meant to give him some nice bulk and coil up. Drain Punch is recovery and may allow Eelektross to get some another Coil Boost in. Aqua Tail is there to allow him to get hits on things that are Ground and resist fighting, like Claydol or Evoilite Gligar. The choice between Wild Charge and Thunderpunch is whether or not you want more power or more bulk. Lefties just because.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #129
phoopes
Double Dragon

Where are you guys getting the info about Clear Body Regigigas on Serebii? I just checked out the Legendary Pokemon page for B/W2 and it says that it still gets Slow Start. Also, when you click on him to take you to the Pokemon page, it says the only possible ability for Regigigas is Slow Start... link please?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #130
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Veekun agreeifies with Phoopes.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #131
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I thought it was clear to start with that he was discussing a rumor from the forums that even he himself didn't put that much stock in.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #132
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Where are you guys getting the info about Clear Body Regigigas on Serebii? I just checked out the Legendary Pokemon page for B/W2 and it says that it still gets Slow Start. Also, when you click on him to take you to the Pokemon page, it says the only possible ability for Regigigas is Slow Start... link please?
Ah...originally that said Clear Body phoopes. I figured it was a typo.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #133
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Poooooooooooor Regigigas.

Regigigas: Gigas.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #134
Princess Ana

So, there is now a new version of PO for B2W2.

It has to be installed in a different folder, and I am keeping my old team files.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #135
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Does it update when you log into PO?

If not... link?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #136
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Does it update when you log into PO?

If not... link?
There should be a link in Tohjo Falls when you get on the server.

It is a separate version of PO that has to be downloaded.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #137
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
So, there is now a new version of PO for B2W2.

It has to be installed in a different folder, and I am keeping my old team files.
They say they're going to release a new version in a couple of days and make a news post and everything so I'm going to hold off on this upgrade.

Also, judging from their newspost it sounds like you may have done it wrong gone ahead and downloaded their beta for the next release. There's nothing to indicate that 1.0.60 is a separate installation. They do mention a separate installation for the Alpha2 beta.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #138
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
They say they're going to release a new version in a couple of days and make a news post and everything so I'm going to hold off on this upgrade.

Also, judging from their newspost it sounds like you may have done it wrong gone ahead and downloaded their beta for the next release. There's nothing to indicate that 1.0.60 is a separate installation. They do mention a separate installation for the Alpha2 beta.
Their beta came out first, and it was the only way to get B2W2 at that point. The update came today.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #139
Talon87
時の彼方へ

*sigh, click here*
Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #140
Princess Ana

Funny, because I am using the update right now. :P
Old 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #141
Talon87
時の彼方へ

*sigh*, you are too stupid to understand what it is that I and Coyote are trying to tell you.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #142
phoopes
Double Dragon

So I'm going to start playing Ubers, for shits and giggles. Gonna probably make me team sometime today, then I'll be looking for someone to play. However, I might just stick to PS because Smogon is phazing out PO anyway, plus having to download/update something else is just something that I don't want to wait for.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #143
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
So I'm going to start playing Ubers, for shits and giggles. Gonna probably make me team sometime today, then I'll be looking for someone to play. However, I might just stick to PS because Smogon is phazing out PO anyway, plus having to download/update something else is just something that I don't want to wait for.
PS? Phasing out PO? This is news to me. I hadn't even heard of Pokémon Showdown until just now. Hmm. We don't need two good clients. I wonder why Mr. aesoft felt the need to make his own project rather than volunteering to help overhaul P-O. I wonder why, if he did, the P-O staff resisted his suggested overhaul of how the client should be coded. Regardless, some questions:

(1) Are you still able to go onto the Pokémon Online server while using the PS client? Or is the PS client only Smogon-friendly?

(2) Can P-O boxes be carried over to PS and vice-versa?

(3) What do you mean, "Smogon is phasing out P-O"? Do you simply mean that Smogon staff are declaring PS to be their official client of choice and that P-O is becoming a taboo term on their forums? Or do you mean that the Smogon server is going to start refusing connections from the P-O client?

Depending on your answers, I might honestly just want to stick with P-O. The only advantages I'm seeing to PS seem to be marginal and cosmetic. Aside from that, they both seem to get the job done equally well from what I am reading. So I don't see any reason to abandon P-O. Especially not since I prefer the P-O server to the Smogon server anyway. (More traffic, better metagame imo.)

That's kind of weird though that aesoft went and did his own thing after he created a replay viewer specifically for Pokemon Online. ^^; Makes me wonder if his replay viewer will quit taking P-O submissions in the near future should the competition heat up between these two client teams.

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I remember this. This is what you were trying to push when we decided to do a UPN CC League. Yeah, no thanks. I'd much rather have a stand-alone client than some JavaScript bullshit client I have to access via Firefox.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-25-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #144
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
(1) Are you still able to go onto the Pokémon Online server while using the PS client? Or is the PS client only Smogon-friendly?
Yeah, PS is ditching the whole multiple servers thing for one big community. They felt that it would be much better moderated that way than if they stuck with PO. Also, Aesoft and bmelts (his other programming and stuff guy) are doing it, so they know that the server's going to be high quality, and updates and changes will be made fast.
Quote:
(2) Can P-O boxes be carried over to PS and vice-versa?
You can import and export teams as much as you like.
Quote:
(3) What do you mean, "Smogon is phasing out P-O"? Do you simply mean that Smogon staff are declaring PS to be their official client of choice and that P-O is becoming a taboo term on their forums? Or do you mean that the Smogon server is going to start refusing connections from the P-O client?
Smogon is slowly abondoning PO and making PS their client of choice. That's what I mean by it's being phazed out. They're not quitting PO cold turkey, but making the transition to PS gradual.
Quote:
Depending on your answers, I might honestly just want to stick with P-O. The only advantages I'm seeing to PS seem to be marginal and cosmetic. Aside from that, they both seem to get the job done equally well from what I am reading. So I don't see any reason to abandon P-O. Especially not since I prefer the P-O server to the Smogon server anyway. (More traffic, better metagame imo.)
Personally, I prefer the Smogon metagame and community. Also, I've never had a problem with PS in the almost year I've been using it. The only thing is that the server needs to restart sometimes when they're updating things, but that only takes 30 seconds and is a minor inconvinience. With PO, I've had problems with even connecting and other stuff. Also, I find PS a bit faster for me. But ya know, different strokes for different folks. Plus, PS used to be really buggy. Now there are no bugs with it at all, save minor stuff that hardly ever happens, with mior consequences. For example, just recently, someone used Volt Switch and their opponent quit before they could switch Pokemon. Instead of a 60 second win timer, it gave him a 180 second one. It's only minor stuff like that that happen anymore, and it's once in a blue moon.
Quote:
That's kind of weird though that aesoft went and did his own thing after he created a replay viewer specifically for Pokemon Online. ^^; Makes me wonder if his replay viewer will quit taking P-O submissions in the near future should the competition heat up between these two client teams.
I haven't heard anything about the replay viewer at all. Can't tell ya anything about that.
Quote:
EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I remember this. This is what you were trying to push when we decided to do a UPN CC League. Yeah, no thanks. I'd much rather have a stand-alone client than some JavaScript bullshit client I have to access via Firefox.
You don't have to access via Firefox. If you have Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 9, everything should run smoothly for you. I don't know about Internet Explorer 8, but it works fine for me with either 9 or Chrome.

Last edited by phoopes; 06-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #145
Talon87
時の彼方へ

, I know you don't need to use Firefox specifically. I'm just saying it's a browser app. And I don't like that.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #146
Princess Ana

After playing around in the Metagame for a while, I am heavily disgusted with it.

Rain has become MORE popular, and Keldeo is on like every rain team. I got a feeling that Keldeo could get bumped to Ubers, as he is a very powerful rain sweeper.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #147
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
>Blaze

I totally saw that coming.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #148
Princess Ana

Out of what I have seen so far:

Tornadus-T is by far the best. While it does not have the skull-crushing power of Landorus or Thundurus, it has amazing speed and a nice Sp.Atk.

The other Therian formes rate equally, as each has its own benefits. Thundurus has amazing wall breaking power and will be amazing in Uber. Landorus will probably remain in OU though, depsite its power, its bulk and speed are lacking.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #149
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Blaze, I might be on PO soon. But my laptop has a virus, so I'll use my mom's laptop. I need an invite to UPN, please.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #150
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
I feel a bit out of the loop having not downloaded the B2W2 version of PO. All though it is kind of neat to beat up a bunch of missingnos.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON