UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-13-2018, 12:31 AM   #101
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Silvally. I'm at the point in the game now (obviously) where:

Spoiler: show
Dulse and Zossie are asking me to join them at Poni Plains so I can help them quell Blacephalon and as-yet unspecified Ultra Beast threat

and per what you guys have shared with me before, this means that I need to get my Synchronizers ready so that I can get the best Pokémon possible. There's just one problem:

The Internet seems agreed that Silvally is shit and that Silvally also has infinite possibilities -- and as such, there's zero agreement on which the best Natures are!

Some people say go for Adamant/Jolly and run a poor man's Swords Dance Arceus set.

Some people say go for Careful/Impish and run a poor man's defensive pivot.

Some people say you want to be a Fairy. Some people say Dragon. Some people say Dark. Many people say Normal.

Since Game Freak decided to be assholes and make Silvally a) a one-off that b) can't be bred, I'm pretty much up Shit Creek without a paddle if I choose the wrong nature. And so ... I wanted to ask the audience between these two possibilities I am mostly eyeing:
  1. the poor man's SD Arceus set. 252 Atk, 252 Speed, probably Adamant because 95 base Speed , and just go ahead and run {Normal Attack}, Swords Dance, and two other coverage moves
  2. any set that bases itself off of the Parting Shot strategy that so many of the Internet's Silvally users seem to plug
Parting Shot makes better sense with a bulky pivot, whereas Swords Dance makes better sense if you really love the idea of Arceus, Jr.

Thoughts. Which natures are best for a Silvally? Not that I am ever going to use mine -- it'll just drive me crazy if I choose the wrong one since I can't fix it later!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #102
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Normal Silvally should never be used under any circumstances. You would be better served keeping it a Type-Null which has a more useful ability and can run Eviolite. Tank would be the best way to go.

I have an unconventional suggestion -

Silvally @ Fire Memory
EVs: 252 ATK, 4 DEF, 252 SPE
Ability: RKS System
Nature: Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Flame Charge
-U-Turn
-Multi Attack/Parting Shot

Most Fire types don't also have access to Swords Dance, and among those Silvally has the best bulk. With the memorys, you are basically choosing your STAB, so I feel the best choice is to go is always offensive. Flame Charge with STAB at +2 hurts a lot more than you'd think, and gives Silvally an otherwise elusive speed boost.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #103
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Elite Four stuff

Hey, don't forget about Flint from Sinnoh! He wasn't around for too much outside the Elite 4 but they did give him some personality and backstory and whatnot. He's the one that tells you that Volkner is all bummed out and whatnot so you do meet him before you battle him at the Elite Four. And in the postgame he and Volkner battle you and Barry when you get to the Battle Frontier. And Buck the Stark Mountain/Heatran guy is his younger brother! I wouldn't necessarily say he was well-developed or anything but he's definitely better than most. I agree with you that it'd be cool if they made the Elite Four more prominent. Like I remember growing up playing Ruby thinking Drake was the coolest character but you only ever see him in that one room. Sad.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #104
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Hey, don't forget about Flint from Sinnoh! He wasn't around for too much outside the Elite 4 but they did give him some personality and backstory and whatnot. He's the one that tells you that Volkner is all bummed out and whatnot so you do meet him before you battle him at the Elite Four. And in the postgame he and Volkner battle you and Barry when you get to the Battle Frontier. And Buck the Stark Mountain/Heatran guy is his younger brother! I wouldn't necessarily say he was well-developed or anything but he's definitely better than most.
Good points all around. I was actually thinking of Flint a few posts ago, during the Gary/Blue/Green discussion and consideration of how the League might operate. (Can't remember how much of it if any is in the canon games proper, but at the very least in the DPPt anime they went and had Flint wanting Cynthia's crown be a thing.) Funny then that I would forget him shortly afterward in the conversation about Lorelei, Malva, and just generally wanting to see more of the Elite Four in the story outside of League HQ.

I think I'm going to soft-retire Ultra Sun for a little while. (Could be days, could be weeks.) Going to hop back on over to Sun and resume the re-breeding of my Gen 6 collection. Gives me some more time to think about which Silvally I ultimately want to go for.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #105
gooieka
Banned

Houndoom@Firium Z, male, lv. 51 (Dusk Ball)
Hardy nature
Early Bird
~Flamethrower
~Snarl
~Sludge Bomb
~Foul Play
gooieka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #106
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooieka View Post
Houndoom@Firium Z, male, lv. 51 (Dusk Ball)
Hardy nature
Early Bird
~Flamethrower
~Snarl
~Sludge Bomb
~Foul Play
Yes, that's my Houndoom.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON