UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #51
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Orlando watched on as his Pokémon did their best to impress, rather pleased with the results. Only a day under his care and they already seem to have a pretty solid grasp over their techniques, though obviously there was still work to be done. Pulling out his Pokédex again, he took another look at their statistics. It seems both of them managed to gain a bit of experience from their practice, enough to gain some new techniques! Glancing at Max's revised list, he saw that Max could now Focus Energy, which seemed like a promising technique. Lily's was a little stranger - it appeared she could now Play Nice, which seemed to be a rather odd name for a technique. He wondered what that would even consist of... he figured it would be a good opportunity to test these out too.

Orlando thought for a brief moment.

"Alright, Max, let's try out you Focusing your Energy to get a clearer shot. Go ahead and lead with a Hidden Power, then you can try Shock Wave."

"Okay, Lily, let's mix it up for you a bit. We're gonna use your cuteness to our advantage. Try Playing Nice to distract as you charge up an Iron Tail, then surprise them with it. Maybe try transferring a Thundershock as you hit them?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #52
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
With his Pokemon looking towards him quizzically, Orlando issues his orders, and they nod simultaneously. Walking towards one another, they give fleeting grins as they take their respective positions. Wasting no time, Max closes his eyes, the Nidoran adopting a strangely calm aura. As he focuses his mind's eyes, he abruptly cries into the air, before becoming engulfed by a familiar green aura. The forest hues surge into the surrounding air, orbs condensing from the virulent energy and thrumming into life as they gently orbit their progenitor. Displaying a strangely keen precision, Max launches the orbs forwards, each of them crashing headlong into the wooden practice rings before him. A muffled cry of triumph escapes his throat, but he quickly refocuses, becoming engrossed on the task at hand. With a flick of his ears, blue bolts begin to surge over the surface of his purple body, dancing to and fro over the surface of his skin. Rising onto his hind legs for a brief second, he slams down into the ground, sending the bolts leaping through the air. They bounce once, twice, before converging on the targets, small singe marks being left where the electricity strikes. Celene watches on, applauding the Nidoran, and as he turns to the Gym Trainer, he becomes engulfed in a familiar blue light.

Meanwhile, Lily stares at the practice dummy before her, clearly a little more uncomfortable with having to show physical prowess. Still, she steadies herself, before looking towards the strange construct. Dropping her guard, she takes on a much more playful demeanour, leaping forwards a gently slapping at the dummy as if ti make it drop it's guard. Leaping backwards, she flicks her tail through the air, and a shining aura of hardened energy encompasses the length, stiffening the appendage out behind her. Furrowing her brow in concentration, she then begins to channel a fine electrical aura over her entire body, the sparks moving out from her cheeks to encompass her body. Small stray sparks leap down from her body, before she rushes forwards, pivoting in front of the dummy to crash her now augmented Iron Tail into the clay structure. With a resounding boom, a rather large gash is left in the side of the statue, and Celene looks on in awe, before chuckling in her flighty tone.

"Well, she does seem to be rather eager, doesn't she?"

As she recovers from such a strenuous technique, Lily begins to glow with a familiar blue hue, identical to the one which consumed Max earlier.

Max has grown to Level 8!
Lily has grown to level 8!
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #53
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
"Great job, guys!" Orlando congratulated, quite impressed with his Pokémon's prowess. He knelled, patting both of them on the head. Lily gave out an excited cry, while Max twitched his ears again, smiling a little.

Orlando grabbed his Pokédex again, taking a look at their progress. He noted that both of them have managed to grow another level and gain access to a new technique - Horn Attack for Max and Thunder Wave for Lily - both which should be fairly useful in the near future.

"I think you guys deserve a bit of a diversion... I was planning on going to Pewter directly, but how about sightsee a little while we're here...? I remember Tohjo Falls being not too far from Viridian, just past where the League used to be. Why don't we go take a look and head for Pewter in the morning?"

Max's ears twitched again in response, and Lily seemed rather happy to do just about anything.

"Alright, it's decided," he replied, chuckling. Standing, he turned to Celene.

"Thanks a lot, I think we got a good bit out of that," he thanked her with a grin, "Hopefully we'll be a bit battle ready for our future travels. Before that, though, I think I might want to go take a look at Tohjo Falls before I head north - would you be able to give us some directions?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #54
Connor
Disillusioned
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,012
With their training completed, Celene walks over to the two Pokemon, bending down and congratulating them once again. She stands as Orlando questions about Tohjo Falls, pausing for a moment before responding to his question.

"Heard about the rare Pokemon swarm then? I wonder if you'll be able to find yourself a new companion ..."

Her voice trails off at the end, an almost wistful note hanging in the air, before she smiles and continues.

"Oh, as for directions, it's not terribly far. You should be able to get there by foot rather easily. Just walk west from Viridian, and continue walking beyond the old League Headquarters. Some of the way might become a little hazardous ... but I'm sure these two little darlings can handle it."

With that, she begins to move towards one of the doors leading out of the training room, before stopping and turning back towards Orlando.

"Oh, and if you ever find yourself back in Viridian, be sure to drop by. I'm sure Nando would be happy to battle with you, if you help out a little."

And with that, she was gone.
__________________
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #55
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Before Orlando could even say another word to this mysterious trainer, she had disappeared. Orlando furrowed his brow, not entirely sure of what had just happened, but he knew that he was definitely ready to get going...

"Alright, you two," he turned to Max and Lily, "Let's hit the road."

Max hopped onto his shoulder, burying into his pack again, while Lily perched there, eyes twinkling with anticipation.

With that, they saw their way out of the Gym, heading westward in the direction of Tohjo Falls...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #56
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
With his training in Viridian finished, Orlando sets off towards Tohjo Falls, following the path laid out for him by the mysterious trainer. The trek is rather quiet, but his Pokemon are there to keep him company, so at least it isn't boring. After a fair while he does happen upon what appears to be Tohjo Falls... but there's no water whatsoever. Not even a trickle pours down the cliffside of the once majestic waterfalls. Could this be due in some way to the recent swarm of Pokemon noted in the area? Or is it merely coincidence? There isn't much time to think on it, as a soft humming begins from just down the road, though it can't be made out as to where. The humming soon grows louder, and it's clear it's some form of singing, coming from the bushes up ahead perhaps. It quickly becomes apparent this is the Singing of a Pokemon, as Max and Lily begin to nod off, soon falling to sleep, Orlando barely catching Lily before she falls off his shoulder. The song makes Orlando a bit drowsy as well, but it's not quite enough to put him under. Or so it would seem before he finds himself swiftly blacking out.

The trainer comes to with a throbbing in the back of his head, incredibly sore to the touch, a single young boy slowly coming into vision in front of him, the two appearing to be locked in some form of broken down old shack. But they clearly aren't alone, a small group of other trainers huddled in the corner. All of them appear to be pretty young, and they're in a clear panic, surrounding a slightly older trainer who is slumped in the corner, gushing blood from his side.

The young boy speaks to Orlando, attempting to fill him in on what's going on. "You got ambushed by a couple thieves on the road, didn't you? They knock people out and take their stuff before locking us in this shack... I don't know why..." He glances over at the bleeding trainer in the corner. "Robert over there tried to bust out when they threw you in here, and one of them pulled a knife on him. We... we don't really know what to do."
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #57
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
I can't catch a break, can I?

Coming across a dry Tohjo Falls was probably a sign he should turn back. But he didn't even have the opportunity before being knocked out and dragged to a cabin, only realizing that something was properly off as he came to in a cabin filled with other mugged and kidnapped trainers. Once his vision returns and he fights off the incessant throbbing in his head, his attention is drawn to the older trainer slumped in the corner, bleeding profusely.

Before he can utter anything, a helpful boy fills him in, "You got ambushed by a couple thieves on the road, didn't you? They knock people out and take their stuff before locking us in this shack... I don't know why..." He turns his eyes to the bleeding trainer. "Robert over there tried to bust out when they threw you in here, and one of them pulled a knife on him. We... we don't really know what to do."

By all that is holy, what have I gotten myself into? And why hasn't anyone taught these kids first aid?

"Does anyone have a long piece of fabric and something acidic or with alcohol in it? Anything astringent at all? Let's at least make an attempt to dress his wound before he bleeds to death on the floor."

Orlando leaned over the bleeding boy, recalling the bit of training he had received, "Hey, Robert, my name's Orlando. We're gonna try to get you patched up here. It's gonna be okay, yeah?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #58
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Waking from his unconscious state, Orlando finds himself in a shack with a few younger trainers, all of which seem to be panicking about the bleeding state of the one older trainer in the room, huddled over in the corner. Picking himself up and examining the wound, Orlando notices it's rather shallow, so no real harm was done to anything vital, but the bleeding is profuse and needs slowed or stopped immediately. Asking the kids for some first aid supplies, the lot of them seem to pause at the idea, the three young boys shrugging at the idea, wearing not much more than shorts and a t-shirt, but the sole girl shies away momentarily, covering something by sitting on it. Clearly the boys aren't fooled, though, and one of the two that was tending to the older trainer, with bright red hair and a rather rude attitude, attempts to rip what appears to be a scarf out from under the girl.

"Come on Lissy we need the scarf!" He screams before the two end up in a tug-of-war over the long, wooly piece of fabric.

The girl continues to protest, however, perhaps irrationally so. "No it's my mom's! I can't! Use something else!"

The young boy that woke Orlando up attempts to quiet the two, but it's obvious neither are listening, while the last boy wanders around the rather large shack looking for something acidic, digging through the rather barren shelves to no avail. Even if the man's wound wasn't an immediate problem, with a pair of kidnappers outside, the shouting surely will be.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #59
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
"Alright, alright," Orlando hisses in a hushed tone, "let's try not to draw any unnecessary attention. If they come in and kill all of us, it's not really going to matter anyway. So stay calm. If we absolutely can't use the scarf, we'll have to find something else," turning back to Robert, he grimaces, grabbing at the collar of his shirt, "Sorry about this. We'll get you something else when we get out of here."

With all his might, he tugs at the collar of the shirt, barely managing to tear the thick fabric. He strips a good chunk of fabric off him, ripping the dry sections into long strips and fashioning it into a rather poor bandage, wrapping it around his torso as best he can.

"It won't be that effective but it's better than an open wound. Let's try to make this work before we resort to anything else," Orlando stage whispers, "Alright. Let's get some names here. Then we can try to figure out what we're gonna do."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #60
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Attempting to silence the bickering children, Orlando insists that the scarf need not be used, before making his way over to Robert and ripping the man's shirt before tying the now frayed piece of fabric tight around the wound. The blood still slowly drips as it soaks the fabric, but at least it's slowed at this point, which should buy a fair bit of time. Turning back to the children, Orlando speaks in a hushed tone, "Alright. Let's get some names here. Then we can try to figure out what we're gonna do."

The young boy that had already been incredibly helpful up to this point perks up at the idea of introductions, perhaps speaking even slightly too loud in doing so. "My name's Rai!" The young boy practically shouts before realizing what he's done, cupping his hands over his mouth before whispering instead. Pointing first to the girl, then the boy with red hair, and finally the last boy, he continues, "That's Lissy, and Kano, and Taro. Robert was escorting us from Kanto to Johto so we can be with the nearest members of our families."

At this point, now pale from blood loss, Robert manages to stagger to his feet, as if the mention of his name kicked him back into life. The older trainer spoke out to continue where Rai had left off. "These four are orphans, for one reason or another, coming all the way from Sapphron and Lavender. I've been traveling a lot since the disasters so I regularly offer the service to the already stretched city police force..." His voice trails off as he stumbles back, leaning against the wall, which dents in slightly from his weight, showing just how flimsy this shed really is. There must be some way to get out without drawing much attention from the thieves outside...
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #61
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Orphans, huh? Orlando thought. "Well it's nice to meet all of you. I'm an orphan myself. Or well, I guess was an orphan..." he trails off briefly, before musing to himself, "Or are you always an orphan?" He catches himself, shaking his head, "Anyway. It's nice to meet you."

"Well," he starts, still speaking low as he turning to Robert, "if you're going to continue helping orphans, we need to get you out of here before you bleed out on the floor."

Orlando pauses for a second, examining the state of the rather shabby shack they've found themselves trapped in, searching for any clear openings or weak points in the structure.

"Alright, here's the plan. We need to find a weak point on one of the walls away from the door - as far as possible, or at least in a place that won't catch attention. Then we need to find a way to sneak out of here. I'll try my best to carry Robert but I might need one of you to help me get him outside. Once we're out, make a break for cover as quietly as you can. Stay close and stay quiet. If they spot you, just run. If you get lost or separated, try your best to find a path and head along the mountain - hopefully you'll hit civilization."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #62
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
After a bit of thought, Orlando briefs everyone on the escape plan, and the group gets quick to work looking for any real weakness in the walls of the shed, though Lissy stands staring up at the single window that shines light down into the shed. The only real thing around the walls that could be seen as an escape path is where they are bolted into the four metal beams that make up the corners of the shed, and luckily enough the bolts face inward, so that the nuts could be unscrewed if the proper means were had, though they are incredibly rusted so even with a tool it may be difficult to do so in a timely manner.

Speaking of tools, whilst searching, Taro decided to crawl back through the cabinets he had been searching earlier, finding a few rusted up tools in a wrench, needle nose pliers, and a hammer with a slightly cracked wooden handle. The young boy presents Orlando with the tools with glee "Will these help?"

Lissy speaks up near instantly, "We could cut through that!" she exclaims, pointing at the screened window above, "But, I think it's too high for anyone to get through on their own..."
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #63
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Orlando took the cobbled set of tools as Taro handed them to him, looking at the rusty but still quite usable stash he was given. Turning them over in his hands, he thought about what he could do with them. After a few moments of thinking, he began to put the pieces together.

"You're right, Lissy, I think that's a good option. But I think it's a little bit dangerous for us to be blindly flinging ourselves out a window, especially one so high up," he began.

He then turned to Lissy again, "Let's start off with seeing what's below. You can get up on my shoulders and see what's down there. If it's soft enough to jump, we can just cut the wires with the pliers. We'll send each of you one by one and then you can help me get Robert out. If there's no one around, you can use the hammer to break the lock on the door. Otherwise, I'll have to find another way out myself. I might have to use your scarf to climb the wall if worse comes to worse."

Pausing for a moment, he fumbled with the tools a bit. After a moment, he handed the pliers and hammer to Kano and Taro.

"I want you," he ordered, "to take these pliers and use the pointy end to chip the rust off. Hit the other end with the hammer. Get off as much as you can, especially where it touches the steel. Once you get it off, I'll unscrew the bolt and pull back the metal so a few of you can get out. If there isn't enough padding under the window, I'll need you to put whatever you can under it. Pine straw, leaves, anything. If I can't get out through the front or the window, I'll try my best to crawl through there."

Orlando had no idea if this would work, but he figured there wasn't much other choice.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #64
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
With the shack now thoroughly explored, Orlando sets forth to thinking up a plan. Handing the pliars and hammer to Kano and Taro, he instructs them to begin chipping the rust away from the bolts holding the wall in place, and the two happily run off to get to work. Rai grabs the wrench to hold as Orlando crouches over, allowing Lissy up onto his shoulders before carefully standing so she can get a good view out the window to see what the ground looks like below.

"Um..." the young girl mutters, pressing herself against the screen for a good view, "it looks like it's not a far fall... but the ground out there is the same hard ground as in here..." She signals Orlando to put her back down before continuing. "There are some trees but they're pretty far away. I think we're in the middle of a clearing."

About that time, Kano and Taro finish de-rusting about five bolts up, allowing plenty of space for the metal to be bent back once removed. The two return the pliars to Lissy, who once again prepares to be lifted back up to the window. Meanwhile, Rai takes the wrench to the bolts to try to unscrew them, but they're still too rusted, meaning Orlando will have to do it himself. Luckily it doesn't take long for Lissy to cut away the screen, which promptly wafts out the window and into the clearing before the young girl is set back down.

Taking the tools back, Orlando quickly manages to get the bolts out of the wall, though it does take a bit of elbow grease to get them turning initially. Waving the small children over, Orlando pulls the metal back, able to make a fairly small hole for the children to crawl through. Rai goes first, taking the tools with him, followed by Lissy, then Kano, and finally Taro. But before Orlando can release the metal, Lissy pokes her head back in, and the sound of a swift crack can be heard outside.

"Um... we're not in a clearing..." The young girl states "But... there's nothing out here to use for padding."

The girl is pulled aside as Rai comes rounding back over. "Uh... I tried to break the lock but it didn't work. The hammer almost broke."

Robert stands up by Orlando, wavering, as the metal is let go and the four children wait outside. "One of us has to break the lock... the kids aren't going to be strong enough. Lift me up through the window. They can catch me, and I'll be fine... I'm sure."

Without much other choice, Orlando obliges, carefully hoisting Robert up until he can get a grip on the window, before slowly raising him as he attempts to lift himself up and through. It's a struggle, and it clearly is taking it's toll on Robert as Orlando feels warm liquid dripping from Robert's side and onto his head and arms, but eventually Robert manages to lift himself until his torso is most of the way out of the window. A brief stillness occurs, likely as Robert is attempting to tell the kids to catch him, before his body falls through.

A short moment passes, leaving Orlando stranded alone in the shack, before another sickeningly loud crack can be heard outside the door, followed by a clang as something metal hits the ground outside and the door swings slowly open in the breeze. Robert did it, but his pale, exhausted face shows that in doing so he's much worse for wear...
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #65
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
As the door is broken down, Orlando sighs in relief. That didn't go too bad, he thought, though he frowned a bit as he noted Robert's rather shaky state. He wasn't exactly happy about being bled on but he would get over it. It wasn't the first time he had had others' blood on him - and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. But he would get himself cleaned up when kidnappers weren't lurking about their vicinity. They worked hard enough to get out of this trap. No point in squandering that.

"Let's get going, guys. I'll help out Robert. Stay close," he ordered, "We should try our best to find the falls. We should be able to make it to the next town from there."

Before heading out, however, Orlando takes a quick look around the shack's vicinity, to see if he can find his pack and either of his Pokémon. Leaving without supplies is just asking to get washed up shit creek.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #66
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
With a sigh, Orlando takes back to helping Robert along, but it isn't more than a couple steps outside the shack before the realization of what Lissy meant earlier by not being in a clearing sets in. Before Orlando stretches all of fifty feet of ground before a sudden drop of a cliff. It's obvious from here that the thieves are nowhere to be found as of this moment, giving Orlando plenty of time to look for his belongings. But it doesn't take all that much time, as a few bags can be spotted piled next to some stumps, likely where the thieves sit to go through their loot, and likely the bags belonging to Orlando and his newfound party.

The kids immediately run over haphazardly, grabbing their bags which, luckily, don't seem to be trapped in any way as they sling them over their shoulders and dance about, happy to have their belongings back. Rai comes lugging over Orlando's bag, as well as another, belonging to Robert. "Here you go!" the child exclaims happily, handing over the pair.

A quick rummage reveals all of Orlando's stuff to be present, luckily, but as he turns to hand Robert his gear, it would appear the man has passed out, certainly in no shape to check if everything is there. To make matters worse, two men coming running out of the woods, decked in what appears to be hunting gear, shouting at the group, small Pokemon on each of their shoulders, though it's a bit hard to tell exactly what from this distance, only that they're of yellow color.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #67
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Though momentarily relieved once his pack is returned to him, the calm feeling quickly fades as he notices Robert's state having worsened, now quite clearly unconscious. To add to his anxiety, two unknown men are now approaching them, in hunting gear, each with yellow Pokémon perched on their shoulders. The thought that these could be their captors was the first thing to flash to his mind, but the panic over Robert's rapid deterioration soon outweighs his own sense of self-preservation. Robert needed attention ASAP, and on the off chance these were passersby, this could mean life or death for the bleeding man.

And even if they were the kidnappers, he could probably appeal to their fear of becoming murderers, right?

"Hey, you, over there!" he shouted towards the hunters, "This guy is bleeding out!"

As he called to them, he reached into his bag and clutched Max and Lily's Poké Balls, prepared to order some Shock Waves to subdue the strangers if they did prove dangerous...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:07 AM   #68
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Dropping any idea of self-preservation in an attempt to get Robert help, Orlando shouts out to the duo approaching the group. But his shouts aren't met with any response, let alone any that would be deemed friendly. No, instead the two Pokemon jump from their trainers' shoulder and approach with alarming speed. Sensing the upcoming attack, Orlando tosses the Pokeballs of Max and Lily into the air, shouting orders for Shock Waves to the duo. As the Nidoran and Pikachu land, the duo each loose their attacks, the jolts of electricity stretching out to strike true on the incoming Pokemon, even going far enough to reach out and shock the trainers, slowing their approach. But the Pokemon barely even stagger at the blows, shrugging them off as they pick up speed. A Plusle and a Minun come barreling in with twin Quick Attacks, the Minun striking into Lily and causing her to skid back a small ways as the Plusle rams into Max, bowling him backwards. It's clear now that abductors or no, these two trainers mean trouble.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #69
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Great, Orlando thought somewhat exasperated, furrowing his brow, this is really not an optimal moment for a battle. But it looks like I don't have a choice. Let's end this quickly.

He recognized the Pokémon he was facing, but decided it would be best to get a bit of information from his Pokédex, withdrawing it from his pack to quickly divine a bit of essential statistics. The only thing useful it revealed was their types - Electric - something he was already on some level aware of. Unfortunately for him, that cut down his attack options quite a bit, if his memory of compatibility served him. He struggled to recall the test he had done as a kid on the type match ups, but determined that Shock Wave and Iron Tail were out of the roster for now. He'd have to rely on their craftier tactics to get by.

"Focus Energy, Max. Then wait out a Sucker Punch. Lily, let's take advantage of your charm. Play Nice for a bit, then show your Hidden Power!" Orlando ordered. Max's ears twitched in approval while Lily gave a smile, her expression intensifying as she stared down her fellow rodent foes...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #70
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
The moment Orlando's Pokedex pulls up the type of the Plusle and Minun before him, he begins figuring out the best possible way to beat them, determining that he'd have to be more strategic due to his limited offensive options. Barking out orders, Max and Lily respond in understanding prior to beginning to execute them. Max prepares a Focus Energy, hoping to hone in on one of his foes' weak points in the coming fight, while Lily distracts the Electric duo, offering up a Play Nice, calming them down a bit. But it's apparent that they still have every intention on attacking after their trainers approach, barking out a couple orders of their own, though still just barely out of proper audible range. The Plusle rushes in towards Max, preparing to Nuzzle him, but luckily Max is prepared, and proceeds to Sucker Punch the rodent in the gut with his sharp horn, though the Plusle does still manage to make contact, and electricity locks Max up in paralysis. The blow does have an upside, though, as Orlando's Pokedex blurts out "Poison: A status that causes the effected Pokemon to be damaged over time." The Minun seems to be going the same effective route that Lily was ordered, eliciting a cute little Growl to make itself less threatening. But Lily isn't overly fooled, blasting it with her Grass type Hidden Power, an attack unaffected by the ruse.

With the battle passing time at a fair clip, the hunting gear clad trainers move finally close enough for their next set of orders to be heard, as both of them simultaneously shout, "Sing!"
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 05:38 PM   #71
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Overall, a mixed bag. Both Max and Lily dealt some serious hurt, but Max getting paralyzed and the duo's next orders were not in his favor. Strategy was definitely in order.

"Max, Leer! Cover your ears while you're at it! Then a Horn Attack if you can manage! Lily, Growl as loud as you can! Then throw out another Hidden Power!"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #72
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Unsure how to feel about the previous bit of fighting, Orlando barks out some mixed orders, slightly defensive and a bit offensive. Max immediately begins to Leer down his foe, and the Plusle backs off a bit, just long enough for Max to hold down his hears as the Plusle and Minun both begin to Sing. Lily attempts to drown out the sound with a bit of her own, loosing a sharp Growl, but it doesn't seem to do much for her, albeit making the Plusle and Minun once again feel less threatened, and Lily starts to doze off a bit. With things turning quickly against Orlando's team, a nice surprise comes as Max is actually able to charge forward with a Horn Attack, smacking the Plusle and bowling it backwards. Unfortunately, Lily is much too tired to follow up on the Minun.

The two opposing trainers barrel even closer, each shouting to their respective 'mon as they do, "Plusle, Quick Attack!" "Minun, Helping Hand!" and the realization sets in that they're getting a little too close for comfort considering they're wearing hunting gear and at least one of them has a knife...
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #73
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Things were looking less than good. Not necessarily due to the battle - although that wasn't going spectacularly - but the two dudes in full-on hunting gear and knives barreling towards them. Before ordering his Pokémon, he turned to the kids and gave them some orders as well.

"You three, try your best to get Robert and run. Find some place safe and I'll be after you as soon as I can."

He turned to Max and the dozing Lily, reaching into his bag for a Chesto Berry to use if Lily was too far gone.

"Max, try to stir Lily. Use her as a springboard for a Horn Attack to knock into Minun. Give it a Hidden Power too! Lily, try your best to wake up. Wish to get back some energy. Throw out a Hidden Power when you can!"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #74
Sneaze
Quintessence?
 
Sneaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sigs Hell
Posts: 5,719
Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Preparing a berry to wake the sleeping Lily just in case, Orlando orders the children to attempt to take Robert and escape before turning his attention back to the battle at hand, shouting orders to Max and Lily once more. Max goes to springboard off of Lily in order to wake her, but what happens as a result is that Plusle comes blasting in with a Quick Attack, boosted as Minun cheers on with Helping Hand from nearby, plowing into Lily and knocking her clean out of her tired state before Max can even get there. Nevertheless, the Nidoran follows through, plowing a Horn Attack into it as Lily attempts to get a little more peppy with a Wish. The resulting surge of energy lets her get in a quick Hidden Power on the Minun, sending it flying backwards, unconscious, before Max turns to the Plusle and pops off a round of Hidden Power of his own, which does similarly to the other rodent, which was seemingly a little weaker than its partner.

Max has grown to level 9!
Lily has grown to level 9!

But the battle is over too late, as the two men come barreling in at Orlando, looking to gang up on him. Turning to make sure the children have gotten away, a surprise awaits Orlando as a now once again conscious, but very sickly looking Robert charges in haphazardly, tackling one of the men into the ground before the other slams into Orlando to do the same, pinning him against the dirt.
__________________
Wild Future - FizzBy
PASBL - Ghost Grass Gym Leader - Dragon Elite Four


Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #75
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,764
Today was not turning out at all how Orlando had hoped.

For the second time today, he finds himself on the ground, but this time, a rather large and intimidating man has him pinned, rubbing him into the dirt. He struggles, but to no immediate avail, clearly outmatched by this brute of a man. He attempts to swat at him, but his arms and legs flail ineffectually against his weight and form.

"Robert!" he spits between attempted blows, "What are you doing? Get out of here!"

Unable to see Robert through the struggle, he figures if he has any hope of helping him, he'd have to get this man off.

"Lily, Shock Wave! he calls.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.