Cheering for Seviper!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #52
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Seeeevipaaaaah!!" Marvolo hissed in response, as poisonous energy emanated from his body. The ground beneath Rudolph turned to a gigantic poisonous swamp, and at the same time, a caustic rain fell upon the magical Normal-type, reacting with said swamp and the abundance of Z-Power to inflict massive damage.

Rudolph was still standing when the poison vanished, however, and was not deterred in the slightest, unleashing a potent Max Mindstorm upon the poor Breloom, and even knocking it out by following up with what had to be that Max Move's base move, Psychic. But then came the Earthquake, shaking up numerous Pokémon on the battlefield, Marvolo included. "Marv! You OK?" Keith called.

"Gah... Of course!" Marvolo hissed back confidently. "Takes more than that to trip me up, you should know that!"

"Heh, naturally," Keith grinned.

"I'd be more surprised if he wasn't faring well," remarked Willa. "Marvolo's always been one of your toughest Pokémon."

"It's so cool, getting to see him battle like this," Maribel smiled. "Especially now that I know he really is the Seviper who saved Christmas- that makes him even cooler to me." Marvolo couldn't help but smile at this himself- although this version of him was from the current timeline, as opposed from the future timeline that Maribel had arrived here from, the memories that Selia had given him helped him to remember just how much he'd grown to respect his Trainer's daughter as she was growing up- she was never afraid of him, but still looked up to him as a big, strong, powerful Pokémon. Truly an attitude befitting the daughter of a Poison-type master and an Ace Trainer.

Keith nodded, also smiling. "Couldn't have said any of that any better myself," he said. "All right, Marv, let's keep this going!" he added, noticing that the red-nosed Stantler was open to attack once more. "Hit it hard! Focus Blast, let's go!"

"SeeeeeeVIPAH!" Marvolo hissed in response, charging up and letting fly yet another sphere of raw Fighting energy.

OOC: Marvolo used Focus Blast (120 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-23-2020 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #53
Connor
Flashbacker

Hammer Arm (100 BP)
Old 12-20-2020, 04:30 AM   #54
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler
★★★★

Health Gauge: 18%
Shields Up: 0
Status: -2 Def, -1 Sp. Def, Psychic Terrain (3 TUrns remaining)
Raiders: N/A
KOs: 6

Attack 1: Max Mindstorm (130 BP)
MM, Seviper: 91 HP

Attack 2: Giga Impact (150 BP)
KG, Pinsir: 52 HP

Attack 3: Earthquake (100 BP)
MM, Seviper: 0 HP [KO'd]
KG, Pinsir: 0 HP [KO'd]
Gary, Stantler: 320 HP
Med, Lairon: 0 HP [KO'd]

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 0 HP [KO'd, One Round to Fully Recover]
  • Emp, Breloom: 500 HP (Fully Recovered)
  • KG, Pinsir: 0 HP [KO'd, One Round to Fully Recover]
  • Yuki, Drifloon: 300 HP (+1 Def)
  • Gary, Stantler: 320 HP
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 300 HP
  • myahoo, Sableye: 260 HP (+1 Def)
  • Med, Lairon: 0 HP [KO'd, One Round to Fully Recover]

The trainers begin their all out assault on the Stantler, looking to take the giant reindeer down. Unfortunately, they aren't able to quite bring it down, and Stantler rains down its fury. It lets out a Max Mindstorm, that lands on the Seviper and undoes the massive cheer it had received. It then tucks its head down and barrels forward with a Giga Impact. It manages to catch the Pinsir by surprise, and the bug is almost squashed. It then stomps its feet into the ground once again, letting out a massive earthquake. It manages to catch out the Seviper and Pinsir, who were still reeling from the previous heavy hits. It also hits the opposing Stantler and the Lairon, and manages to fell three of the four. What seemed like a clinched victory seems like a daunting task to voercome the Stantler.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, December 22nd to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:31 AM   #55
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Last Resort time (140 BP)
Last Resort intensifies

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:36 AM   #56
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Cheering for Sableye
Old 12-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #57
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yes!" Keith exclaimed as the Focus Blast hit its mark. Not only that, but between the Focus Blast and all the other moves, Rudolph was looking to be near the end of his rope. The battle would surely soon be over, giving Rudolph ample time to heal up before the time would come for takeoff.

Alas, it wasn't to be so simple- Rudolph unleashed yet another Max Mindstorm, this one already powered up by the presence of Psychic Terrain, and this time, the target was Marvolo himself. The Seviper reeled from the powerful, super effective Max Move as Rudolph blasted the Pinsir with a Giga Impact, but after that came a move nobody was happy to see- Earthquake. Of the Pokémon it hit, only the other Stantler came out of it with any hit points remaining, and Marvolo was one of the Pokémon targeted.

"Oh no!" gasped Maribel as the Poison-type collapsed in a totally unconscious heap.

"Not good," frowned Willa.

"Gah..." sighed Keith, holding out the Christmas Ball. "Marvolo, come back now!" he exclaimed, withdrawing his Seviper. And at that moment, however, energy began to swirl around the ball, but it didn't look like the standard Dynamax Energy. Rather, this was a bright, vibrant shade of red, accompanied by a lovely shade of green.

"What in the...?" murmured Willa, raising an eyebrow.

"It's Christmas magic, isn't it?" Maribel whispered wonderingly.

"That... could be, sweetie," Keith admitted, looking at this energy with great interest himself. "Wouldn't be Marv's first time being subjected to it, either. Oh- Willa, dear, the Dynamax Band!" he added.

Willa nodded, already having put the band on her wrist. The Wishing Piece set into it was already aglow with red and green energy- more Christmas magic, no doubt, but the Masters family were in agreement by this point that surely it'd work in the same basic way. And so, taking careful aim at Gary's Stantler, Willa fired off a bundled beam of Christmas magic that would serve to heal the relatively smaller Stantler. It was all they could do while waiting for Marvolo to finally recover.

OOC: Cheering to heal Rena the Stantler.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-23-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #58
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Well, that's not an ideal happenstance at all. Okay, guess I'm just gonna Cheer to Heal Myahoo's Sableye then.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #59
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*aggressively ACROBATICS (110 BP with no held item)*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #60
Emp
Volcano Badge

Focus Blast (120 BP) boosted by Black Belt

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #61
Connor
Flashbacker

Hammer Arm (100 BP)
Old 12-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #62
myahoo
Soul Badge

And another Foul Play (95 BP)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #63
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

★★★★

Health Gauge: 0%

Raid Challengers:

Even with three of their friends fallen, the raiders give in their last effort to take down the Stantler. Everyone keeps throwing their attacks at it, but it seems to not fall. When all hope is lost, the Sableye manages to land in its Foul Play, and it falls the beast. The Stantler collapses onto the ground, the sound of jingling bells ringing through the air. As it hits the floor, a giant snowstorm suddenly takes over the area. In the chaos, the jingling of bells continues before it suddenly stops. When the noises stop, the snow settles and the Dynamaxed mon disappeared. Where it once was, stood a pile of presents addressed to the group of raiders.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
  • +4 Levels (4 Rare Cabdies for Lv. 100s)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #64
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Collecting. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2020, 07:07 PM   #65
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Picking up:

30 Watts
1x TR SUBSTITUTE
3x Chilan Berries
+4 Levels
(raising Lv. 29 Drifloon to Lv. 33)

Teaching TR SUBSTITUTE to Mimikyu.

GG, guys! Thanks for hosting, Lilt~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #66
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:

★★★★

Raid Challengers:

Even with three of their friends fallen, the raiders give in their last effort to take down the Stantler. Everyone keeps throwing their attacks at it, but it seems to not fall. When all hope is lost, the Sableye manages to land in its Foul Play, and it falls the beast. The Stantler collapses onto the ground, the sound of jingling bells ringing through the air. As it hits the floor, a giant snowstorm suddenly takes over the area. In the chaos, the jingling of bells continues before it suddenly stops. When the noises stop, the snow settles and the Dynamaxed mon disappeared. Where it once was, stood a pile of presents addressed to the group of raiders.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Picking up the following items, thanks:

30 Watts
1x TR Substitute [Teaching TR Substitute to my Smeargle]
3x Chilan Berries
4x Rare Candies

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

★★★★

Raid Challengers:

Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Keith kept looking back and forth between Rudolph and Marvolo's Christmas Ball, but every time he looked, there was still the Christmas magic doing its thing. And then, just as the last of the magic faded away, Keith could see a Sableye landing a Foul Play, which proved to be the knockout blow.

"We won," Willa exhaled with a small smile.

"Will. will Rudolph recover in time, though?" Maribel asked.

"I think all we can do is hope so, sweetie," Keith murmured. "I- what the?" he murmured, for he felt the Christmas Ball in his hand shaking. Red and green energy started to swirl around the ball again, before firing right at Rudolph in a beam without Keith even needing to take aim. And as it hit Rudolph, that was when the snowstorm kicked up. Nothing could be seen, and the only sounds that were audible over the brief blizzard were the unmistakable sounds of sleigh bells, and the sound of the Christmas Ball in Keith's hand opening up, its occupant emerging on his own accord.

"Whew," Keith exhaled once the snow had died down. "OK, everyone alright?" he asked.

"Naturally," Willa nodded, sounding as though she might have taken mild offense at the very implication that she couldn't handle a little snow.

"I'm fine, Dad," Maribel smiled. "Oh- whoa! Mom, Dad, look at that!" she exclaimed, pointing where Rudolph used to be. Indeed, as Keith and Willa looked, they saw a huge pile of festively wrapped presents that the others were already starting to converge upon.

"Hahaha," chuckled Keith. "I think we got ourselves a little thank-you from Santa Claus himself."

"I should hope so," smirked Marvolo. "Way the weather's supposed to be, he should be grateful we got his living headlight back down to size."

"That's the spirit, Marv- wh- Marvolo?" Keith murmured, looking at his Seviper properly for the first time since the snowstorm.

"What?" demanded Marvolo, for now Willa and Maribel were joining Keith at looking at him. "What are you all looking at?" And then he took a look. "What the?!" the Seviper exclaimed. Indeed, something had happened- all instances of purple and red on his body had gotten darker and more vibrant, and all of his yellow markings had turned a vivid, festive shade of green! "When did this happen?!" the Seviper exclaimed, with a slight chuckle.

"I'm guessing it happened just now," Keith speculated. "Just before you sent yourself out, there was this sudden surge of, we're guessing Christmas magic, and your ball shot a beam of the stuff at Rudolph just before that snowstorm hit."

"I think you still had some Christmas magic saved up," Maribel smiled. "That's what was healing you instead of Dynamax Energy- Rudolph must have done something to this Power Spot."

"That... that makes sense," realized Marvolo. "Because when I was in there, all I could think about was how I wasn't gonna be any help if I was stuck in that ball healing up, and I just... I wished I could do something."

"Well, I think you got your wish," Keith remarked. "I think you managed to heal up Rudolph. I've never seen a Pokémon in its ball take the place of a Dynamax Band for such a purpose before... Honestly, if this really is the Christmas magic changing your color like that, I'm not sure I'm that surprised," he chuckled. "Knowing what I know, y'know?"

"I know," Marvolo hissed good-naturedly. "Honestly... this ain't a bad look," he admitted. "I'm cool with this."

"Glad to hear it, Marv," Keith nodded. "Now... what say we go and get our gifts?" he added to the family.

"Sounds like a plan," nodded Willa.

"Yeah!" Maribel agreed. And with that, the family headed over to claim their gifts, along with Marvolo, the Seviper who had, once again, saved Christmas.

*Obtained 30 Watts!*

*Keith obtained a TR20 Substitute!*

*Obtained 3 Chilan Berries!*

*Obtained 4 Rare Candies!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-23-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #68
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Collecting these and raising my Sableye from Lv. 59 to 62.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #69
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Claiming.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #70
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:

★★★★

• Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Max Raid Log: Entry #2

We were granted the opportunity to Dynamax this bout, and through this chance I got to observe some of the readings my Dynamax Band gathered during the process. The amount of power put out by these controlled Wishing Stars is considerably small compared to the rampant surges let off by these wild pokemon, a trait that seems at odds with the might of the so-called Max Moves it fuels. Even more unwieldly is that despite the comparatively minor degree of strength nonetheless seems to overpower the Dynamaxed pokemon's natural elemental affinities and honed skills in favor of these Max Moves. I had previously believed that the Raiders I had seen before were merely chosen to use the fearsome techniques, especially since the Wild pokemon could still vexingly use their usual maneuvers in addition to the ones granted by the Galar Particles. Perhaps their significantly greater exposure to such particles is what grants them the extra attack speed and retain their finesse in the process? It certainly seems paradoxical, I must admit.

The above are observations and musings I made after this conflict, however. In the moment, everyone was a bit more perturbed by our opponent's odd behavior than what allowed for rational thinking, and I'm not sure if Dynamaxing at the time was the correct call. Her colossification seemed to do little to calm Lairon's nerves after the stantler's ominously dreary chanting. If anything, the aforementioned restriction on her prowess had the exact opposite effect! It's fortunate that she was able to push aside her concerns once the enemy started actually fighting back, but I still fear that this experience won't be a remotely pleasantly one in her memories.

I... remain unsure if we'll be visiting the Saccharine Sweets area anytime soon. The unusual, fae-touched scenery was one thing, but that stantler was another issue entirely. There are enough competent Trainers in the Region to handle any sort of gargantuan excursion that happens henceforth, so there shouldn't be too much of an issue if I focus my attention elsewhere until another of my pokemon feels ready to take on the realm that has troubled Lairon so much. Larvitar's been particularly antsy as of late, so perhaps he'll be up to the task?

--End of log

~ ~ ~

(OOC: Well, this one was certainly a trip to participate in. Hope your holidays went well, and a Hopefully Decent New Year to everyone!

&Lairon was elevated from Lv. 33 to Lv. 37!*

*Obtained 30 Watts!*
*Obtained TR Substitute x1!*
*Obtained Chilan Berry x3!*

And I'm gonna go ahead and use the TR while I'm here.
*Larvitar learned TR Substitute!*)
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #71
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
[color=#ffdde2][CENTER]
  • Rewards
  • 30 Watts
  • x1 TR Substitute
  • x3 Chilan Berries
Picking up the above.

I'll go ahead and teach TR Substitute to Psilo the Breloom.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League