UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 12-30-2020, 11:00 PM   #451
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Goodness gracious, Sneaze, how monstrous are you making this reaper?!
I know it looks frightening but...

don’t fear the reaper.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:01 PM   #452
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
So long 2020

You were fucking awful.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:11 PM   #453
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Almost everything that could go wrong on my end was self-inflicted, so I'd say that 2020 was better for me than most of the 2010s. I get that I'm in the minority here, but that's my stance regardless.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:05 PM   #454
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

2020 could've been worse for me. Didn't catch covid. Family didn't catch covid. Still got my job. Zero social life means social distancing didn't change my routine too much. Obviously it's been a shit year overall, I'd be stupid to not know that, but it'd be equally stupid to not acknowledge whatever positives there've been.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:53 PM   #455
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Teaching Hope the Shuppet TR Shadow Ball for reasons unknown.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 AM   #456
Sneaze
Mrow?

I apparently forgot to do this when I got it.

Teaching TM Reflect to my 50 Bond Dusknoir.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:11 AM   #457
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Forgot to declare Tucker the Tirtouga’s ability when I confirmed the trade but I’ma be going with Solid Rock for him
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #458
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Taking this opportunity to evolve my Lv. 30 Elekid into Electabuzz. Hooray!
Old 01-16-2021, 04:41 AM   #459
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Teaching TR Dragon Claw (1/1) to my Aerodactyl
Old 01-17-2021, 11:00 AM   #460
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Feeding 1 Rare Candy to my level 19 Frillish.

Frillish grew to level 20!
Frillish learned Hex!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:47 PM   #461
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell View Post
Thoughts on a name rater thread here in the Time Out section? I was thinking people could post their Pokémon's nicknames and have them rated by others, perhaps even with an unofficial contest aspect, e.g. "Who has the best Mimikyu nickname?" etc, as well as get nickname suggestions.
Since it kinda came up in convo the other day, popping in to say this could be a fun idea to share nickname origins and meanings. (Or maybe we could make it a TO topic since we haven't had one of those in a while?)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #462
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

a massive portion of my pokemon's nicknames derive from the Greek language or Greek mythology. Being half-Greek myself and having a college degree in ancient Greek history I have no personal bias whatsoever :P

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:53 PM   #463
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Ray doesn't use nicknames.
Blake uses (made-up) superhero names (RED DEVIL, OVER MIND).
Kou uses nicknames ending in "as" (Zeras, Gigas).
Althea uses Major Arcana nicknames (same as another character I used to have and retired a fair while back).

Blake's are by far the most fun to come up with, I can potentially get really absurd with those :P
Old 01-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #464
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

My nicknames are from all over the place. For Keith's Pokémon, they're mainly a mixture of Harry Potter references, kinds of poison, and the occasional astrological sign, among other things here and there. Gavin's Pokémon get their names from various characters and locations from his home region of Orre. Terri's Pokémon's names are ripped straight from the Unown Report in HGSS. Eddie's Pokémon get whatever nicknames I can think of at the moment, don't really have a theme for him. And Maribel and Willa don't nickname their Pokémon.

Some examples- Sunny is a Normal Form Ninetales with Drought, so I would hope the idea there is obvious. Ava, my Alolan Ninetales, gets her name from avalanche. Zygill, my Wishiwashi- the whole Schooling thing makes me think of Zygarde cells gathering together, so yeah. Chip, my Duskull, was recolored to look like a chocolate chip cookie, a food both his parents share a huge fondness for, so yeah. Homer, my Alakazam, and Bart, my Scrafty, are both Simpsons references. Six, my Amoonguss, got his name from basically a huge coincidence- he hatched on the 6th of the month, which happened to be exactly 6 months to the day from when my previous Egg had hatched, and this was in an era when Eggs were more easily obtainable in FB.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:02 PM   #465
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Since it kinda came up in convo the other day, popping in to say this could be a fun idea to share nickname origins and meanings. (Or maybe we could make it a TO topic since we haven't had one of those in a while?)
I'd be all for some kind of nickname thread but I'm a sucker for logging just about anything. The majority of my team's names come from different shows or books (The L Word, Weeds, Game of Thrones) but I've also got some with more 'out there' names - one thing I know is that I've been making a conscious effort to give everyone I add into my team a nickname that suits 'em.

---

Now that Lemmy the Toxel has 22 Bond, I'm gonna go ahead and teach him TR Sludge Bomb and TR Energy Ball

I'm also going to teach Devlan the Impidimp TR Power Whip instead of saving it for when he's a Grimmsnarl as he now has 25 Bond

Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 01-17-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #466
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
a massive portion of my pokemon's nicknames derive from the Greek language or Greek mythology. Being half-Greek myself and having a college degree in ancient Greek history I have no personal bias whatsoever :P
Okay I spent way more time on this than I should have, but I went more in depth into the origins of all of my Pokemon's nicknames lol. It's almost all based off of my interest in mythology or me being a complete nerd

Abbreviation/Reduction/Derivation of Species Name:
Typhu – Typhlosion
Amph – Ampharos
Espy – Espeon
Venu – Venusaur
Tyrant – Tyranitar
Terra – Torterra
Mimi – Mimikyu
Kitty – A bit of a warping of the ending syllable of Surskit, as well as its Japanese name, Ametama; Tama is a common name for cats in Japanese
Pokey Jr. – Comes from Slowpoke and is the son of the family pet Slowking from my FB character’s origin story, Pokey
Greek Language/History/Mythology Inspired:
Kratos – Greek name (NOT based off of God of War, I captured him years before I ever even knew that game existed lol)
Leonidas – Spartan king… how could I not? Also, all 6 heads are named to spell out the word LANCER (a Fate/Grand Order nod): Leonidas, Achilles, Nestor, Cadmus, Electra, Rhesus (all warriors/kings from Greek history & mythology)
Ariadne – Princess of Crete, involved in the myth of the Minotaur and the labyrinth
Asterios – Name of the Minotaur from mythology
Helios – god and personification of the sun
Pythia – named after the Oracle of Delphi
Aegis – named after the protective armor, often a shield, used by the goddess Athena
Hecate – goddess of crossroads, boundaries, and witchcraft, also named after my Shiny Gardevoir from the Pokemon games
Kryo – Greek word for ‘cold,’ also rhymed with Frio, the name of my Spheal, so I liked the fit
Muse – named from the group of goddesses that promote music and the arts
Triton – a god of the sea, herald for the god Poseidon
Cupid – god of love and desire
Kako – loosely translates to ‘malice’ in Greek
Megaera – named after one of the Furies from Greek mythology, name also resembles ‘megalodon,’ a prehistoric shark
Orion – mythological hunter, sought after by the goddess Artemis (also name of my Cramorant)
Artemis – goddess of the hunt
Atlas – ancient titan who bore the weight of the Earth
Scylla – mythical sea monster that lured in and trapped its victims
Euryale – named after one of the Gorgon sisters, mythological monsters
Apollo – god of light and civilization, sometimes associated with dolphins, which are similar in shape to a Lanturn
Styx – The River Styx, mythological river that passes into the Underworld
Perseus – hero from Greek mythology, when he slayed Medusa, her blood became coral in the ocean
Persephone – goddess of the Underworld, wife of Hades; The first syllable in her name also matches my Corsola Perseus, who is her father.
Algol – A star from the constellation Perseus; Known as the ‘Demon Star,’ there are several layers to the name as he is the son of my Corsola Perseus, and Mareanie is a type of sea star that preys on coral
Antares – A star from the constellation Scorpius; Starmie is a sea star that is believed by some to have come from space
Harpe – an ancient type of sword or sickle; its scythe-like shape is a reference to Kabutops’ arms
Roman History/Mythology Inspired:
Vulcan – god of fire, volcanoes, and the forge
Neptune – god of the sea
Nero – name of Nero Claudius, Roman emperor
Japanese Language/Anime Inspired:
Natsu – Means ‘Summer’
Shuri – Short for ‘Shuriken’
Kage – Means ‘Shadow’
Kirin – Means ‘Giraffe’
Yomi – Japanese word for land of the dead/world of darkness
Ikki – named after the protagonist of the anime series Air Gear, whose nickname was ‘Little Crow’
Kotoko – named after one of my all time favorite J-Pop singers
Akame – named after the protagonist of the anime series Akame ga Kill, has a similar red-and-black samurai aesthetic and is an assassin
Ranmaru – named after Mori Ranmaru, attendant of the daimyo Oda Nobunaga
Hayate – means ‘Sound of the wind’ but also name derives from the song Hayategumo by Kotoko. Also named after my Gallade from my original Pokemon Diamond playthrough.
Merry – named after the ship from the anime One Piece, the Going Merry
Wani – means ‘Crocodile’
Biwa – named after the Lake Biwa in Japan, home to the mythological catfish in which Whiscash is partially based upon
Smiley – named after the character from One Piece, a monstrous mass of sentient poisonous slime that took on the form of an axolotl, also for the cute smile on Wooper’s face
Sensei – one word meaning a medical doctor in Japanese
Kiki – named after the protagonist of the movie Kiki’s Delivery Service, referencing Pelipper’s postal occupation in Pokemon games
Food:
Cookie – name of a Slaking I used in a playthrough once, thought it was extremely cute so it stuck
Pudding – much like the texture of its body lol
Coco – like a cocoa bean
Calamari – fried squid
Soybean – sounds cute and similar in shape and color to Pincurchin’s mouth
Pickle – a play on the species Pyukumuku is based off of, a sea cucumber; its shiny coloration also resembles the color of the food
Other References:
Savannah – based off the character from Animal Crossing, also a zebra
Uriel – named after the archangel Uriel
Ramoth – named after the dragon queen from the Dragonriders of Pern book series. In the series dragon queens have gold scales so I recolored her as such.
Brynhildr – named after the Valkyrie from Norse mythology (also a character from Fate/Grand Order)
Khepri – named after the Egyptian god, often portrayed with the head of a scarab
Namielle – named after an elder dragon from the Monster Hunter series, has kind of an aquatic aesthetic to it
Kulu – named after the creature ‘Kulu Ya-Ku’ from the Monster Hunter series, has raptor-like qualities and is lightly feathered, known for jumping high, throwing rocks, and stealing eggs
Wisp – named by his previous owner, but I would have renamed him to this if he wasn’t already called it; obviously referencing Will-o’-the-wisps
Titania – named after the queen of the fairies from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Raphael – named after one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Raphael was one of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles in FB
Bowser – named after the turtle-shelled villain from the Mario video game series
Leviathan – mythical sea monster from biblical times
Mordred – character from Arthurian legend, also from Fate/Grand Order
Mera – from DC Comics, wife of Aquaman and queen of Atlantis
Carmilla – named after the female vampire from the self-titled Gothic novella, also a character from Fate/Grand Order
Peach – named after the princess from the Mario video game series
Tesla – named after the Tesla coil
Flotsam – oceanic debris, also the name of an eel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid
Jetsam – oceanic debris, also the name of an eel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid
Lorelei – rocky landmark located on the Rhine River, also named after the Pokemon Elite 4 member who uses a Cloyster
Vanderdecken – derived from Willem van der Decken, the captain of the legendary ghost ship the Flying Dutchman
Krakatoa – a volcanic island in the south pacific, part of Indonesia; referencing the explosive potential of Clawitzer’s projectile cannon
Tamatoa – a Polynesian name; named after the giant crab from Disney’s Moana
Miscellaneous:
Rena – Not really named after anything, just thought it sounded cool. Is pronounced similarly to the “rein” in reindeer however.
Buru – Was actually named by her former owner, I liked it enough that I didn’t feel any reason to change it.
Scurvy – Derived from his personality, Scurvy likes to act like a pirate lol.
Trunks – much like the trunk on his face
Thorn – much like the thorns on his body
Helena – I liked the sound of it
Koda – not based off anything, I just liked how it fit
Belle – named after a Happiny I got in a playthrough once, I thought it was cute so it stuck
Blue – like the color of his skin, sounds cute
Azalea – named after the flower and the town in Johto, my FB character’s hometown
Flare – Fire Type, you get it.
Lynxa – named after a Weavile I owned in my original Platinum playthrough, kind of like the animal lynx, but mostly I just thought it sounded cool
Mist – named after the phenomenon of precipitation, plus it sounds nice lol
Frio – Spanish word for ‘cold’
Devine – twist on the word ‘divine’ and I thought it sounded cool
Aero – Flying Type, you get it.
Oscar – no deep meaning, I liked the fit

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #467
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Bulbasaur

Here goes, all of my nickname origins split into slight categories:

TV & Film
Nancy - Nancy Botwin from Weeds
Tim - Tim Haspell from The L Word
Shane - Shane Botwin from Weeds
Doug - Doug Wilson from Weeds
Guillermo - Guillermo García Gómez from Weeds
Esteban - Esteban Reyes from Weeds
Dana - Dana Fairbanks from The L Word
Alice - Alice Pieszecki from The L Word
Andrew - Andrew Van de Kamp from Desperate Housewives
Jaime - Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones
Lily - Lily Van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl
Sunny - Sonny Benson from The L Word - he’s also big, bright and yellow too
Remy - Remi Delatour from Devious Maids
Valentina - Valentina Diaz from Devious Maids
Shereé - Shereé Whitfield from The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Gomez & Morticia - Gomez & Morticia Addams from The Addams Family

Music
Lemmy - Got plans for him to be a Low-key Toxtricity so he’s named after legendary bassist Lemmy of Motörhead fame

Literature
Asha - Theon’s sister in A Song of Ice and Fire, known as Yara in GoT
Left and Right - Olenna Tyrell’s nickname for her guards in A Song of Ice and Fire

Drag queens
Bianca - Bianca del Rio
Alexis - Alexis Mateo
Jinkx - Jinkx Monsoon
Blu - Blu Hydrangea
Eureka - Eureka O'hara
Raven - Raven
Bijou - Bijou Bentley
Meatball - Meatball

Mythology & world history
Xanthus - Achilles’ steed in classical mythology
Jakob - Named after the farmer who discovered the most complete Archaeopteryx remains

Miscellaneous
Spunky - Named for his personality and absolutely nothing else... honest
Webster - Cute name for a cute spider
Velcro - Named after a conversation that amused me on Discord regarding Zubat’s ability to carry things with no hands or feet
Omar - Had a friend from Egypt growing up who's name was Omar
Tucker - He’s a turtle and he tucks his head in, simples
Daria - The name of my miserable neighbour who doesn’t look too dissimilar to a Qwilfish
Devlan - From the Irish 'devland', meaning 'misfortune' - kinda sounded like devil too
Noelle - From Noël, French for Christmas

Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 01-17-2021 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Ralts went and grew all the way up and I adopted a Delibird since this post
Old 01-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #468
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Whoo, if I were to go into detail on every one of my Pokémon's nicknames? Even considering two of my characters don't do nicknames, that's still pretty daunting. Not ruling it out altogether, though.

Also, posting to use my TM Ice Beam on my Galarian Corsola.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #469
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

>Nicknames

Carl: After the Starly I used in Pearl/Platinum. Every time.
Jen, Calem, Mae, Calem, Kaitlyn, Anna, Sven and Baldo, Darren, Bertha, Robin: Random actual names.
Vulthuryol: Skyrim reference, after the dragon stuck in the depths of Blackreach.
Tantei: I was unaware you could rename mons when I traded for him.
Caeda: Fire Emblem reference.
Modryn, Cavaroc, Arranoc, Atylwyth: Warhammer Fantasy references, specifically areas of Athel Loren.
Cadri: exCADRIll
Lorn: from "forlorn", given she was accidentally left at the daycare for a year and a half.
The Crimson Fandango: Your guess is as good as mine.
Hope: Old joke, bc she dead.
Sheut: I forget.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #470
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Re-using my AA post format for convenience.

Custard: Not sure why I went with this for my starter tbh. Just thought it sounded cute.
Bobble: Sorta derived from "Wobbuffet", even though he likely won't Evolve into one.
Rocky: ...I wasn't very original with my names in the beginning, okay? OTL
Gumpy: Derived from "Gulpin", now also a reference to Detective Gumshoe from the Ace Attorney series.
Haruki: Was originally going to go with "Kasuri" for a female (a Japanese fabric dying technique, typically with blue and white patterns - also bc it sounds kinda like "Corsola"), but since my Shiny Corsola ended up being a male instead I scrambled for an alternative and came up with "Haruki", meaning "shining brightly". Will likely use the former for a future Galarsola.
Kief: Traded, kept OT's name.
Kanna: Traded, kept OT's name.
Atzu II: Traded, kept OT's name.
Pippa: Derived from "Piplup", also sort of a reference to a character from the book "A Great and Terrible Beauty" (though they don't really share any traits).
Alice: From "Alice in Wonderland", mostly just symbolic of her innocence and curiosity venturing out from the Sphynx for the first time to follow Jess. Have considered changing her name and personality as she Evolves but not sure I'll go through with it.
Tessie: Despite what one may think, it's actually a reference to a creature from Earthbound, which itself is a spoof of the Loch Ness monster.
Hermesiel: Inspired by Supernatural, I wanted an angelic-sounding name and found Hermesiel is an "angel who leads one of the heavenly choirs", which also derives from the Greek God Hermes, who invented the lyre.
Hoshiko: I wanted something to reflect her affinity for stars (as she also possesses a star-shaped hole in her leaf), so I went with "Hoshi" (Japanese for "star"), and added on "ko" ("child"), so that the ending sounds a bit like "Chiko".
Kristen (Lilith): Kristen is the name of an old OC of mine who possesses ice powers (probably loosely derived from "crystal"), and Lilith is a female demonic figure who in some Jewish folklore is considered the first wife of Adam. (At the time this also contrasted with Arc_Angel's Snorunt named Eve.) The latter was inspired by both an interactive fiction game I played and Supernatural.
Mint Mocha Chip: Just another cute food-related name, which I shorten to "Minchi" as an obvious reference to the species.
Iris: Just a nice floral name, which I shorten to "Iri" as a reference to Irisviel from Fate/Zero (though they don't share any traits).
Waffle Cake: "Waffle" being a reference to his toaster oven form, and the last name starting a trend of his whole family being called after different kinds of cake.
Blueberry Cream Cake: "Blueberry" bc she kinda looks like one with whipped cream on top lol.
Taki: A reference to a character from Natsume Yuujinchou (in which the main character can see ghosts, though her namesake's spiritual abilities are actually a lot weaker), as well as a nod to the trainer I originally bought her for who went by "Takeo", but left FB before I could give her to him.
Link: From The Legend of Zelda, specifically his wolf form in Twilight Princess.
Midna: From The Legend of Zelda.
Coco Puff: Reference to Cocoa Puffs (both the cereal and the bird mascot). Coco is the more daring one whereas Puff is more shy.
Patty Cake: I think this one speaks for itself. ^^;
Epona: From The Legend of Zelda.
Pan Cake: "Pancake" to pair with his sister Patty. =P
Lilac (a.k.a. "Lotus"): Another floral name to pair with Iris, "Lotus" being her stage name as a reference to a character from 999.
Mary: Based on "Mary had a Little Lamb" obviously, and a character from the Kagerou Project.
Leo: He thinks he's an actual lion, so...
Yufi (a.k.a. "Trixie"): Sorta derived from Sword Art Online's "Yui", as she basically serves the role of Kief's and Kanna's foster child to help bring them closer together. "Trixie" is her magician's handle, referring to a character from My Little Pony lol.
Kimball: Inspired by a favorite ice cream place near where I live.
??? Sheik: From The Legend of Zelda.
Lance: Based on an old idea I had for a fic where Drew's Roselia somehow could produce a thorn lance from its flowers.
Zoom: Originally what I always wanted to call a regular Sandshrew, from the games where I like to adhere to a system of one-syllable verbs.
Royal: Traded, kept OT's name. (Also like to abbreviate to "Roy".)
Makoto: Reference to a character from Kanon, who
Spoiler: show
turns out to be a fox magically transformed into a girl.

Miruku: Japanese pronunciation of "milk", also a reference to a character from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Momo: Japanese for "peach", which I considered calling her but thought it'd be too on the nose. Also a light reference to AtLA (which I had just finished watching at the time) and a character from the Kagerou Project.
Mille-Feuille Cake: In keeping with the cake naming tradition, was the closest kind of cake I could find starting with "M". Usually goes by "Mimi" for short (also to pair with Momo).

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 01-18-2021 at 09:40 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:56 PM   #471
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Alright, here I am with nicknames! Also, name origins included so get ready for a little bit of a read.

Leo's Team-

Baked Goods/Desserts:

Custard - A baked dish consisting of milk or cream, eggs, and sugar. Was the Togepi line is heavily associated with eggs so I thought the name fit the best.
Brűlée - Short for Créme Brűlée. A custard dish that has a sugar crust that is flambeed once done baking. The initial top, crust layer felt similar to Mimikyu's disguise, a tough exterior hiding a sweet interior.
Cott - Short for Cotton Candy. A spun sugary treat that has a light, airy consistency with a huge crunch. Also known as Fairy Floss and Dragon's Beard in certain parts of the world. Swirlix is based on it, so I thought it was a fitting name for one.
Carrot - Short for Carrot Cake. A spiced cake with shaved carrots added to the batter before being baked. Also meant to be a pun off of Carat, a measurement for a diamond's worth, hence the naming for a Carbink.
Sprinkles - Small, hardened cake pellets meant to be used as a topping. Rainbow sprinkles are the most well-known type of cake sprinkles, and the vibrancy matches a Morelull's mushrooms well.
Souffle - A puffy egg dish that can be served either savory or sweet. It gets its signature shape and puffiness from the egg whites, which are whipped to a point where the air bubbles are still in the dish as it bakes. The expansion of those air bubbles creates the souffle. Since the line is based off balloons, I thought it'd be a fitting name for an Igglybuff.
Waffle - A dish made with a leavened batter or dough that is cooked between two hot plates. The hot plates usually have indentations or patterns in them to not only help with the cooking process but to add a textural crunch. The original Belgian waffles are actually not topped with syrup, but with fresh fruits! As for why I gave this to an Audino, I'll be honest it sounded cute to have an Audino named Waffle.
Pie- A baked dish known for having a doughy, flaky crust filled to the brim with fruits or meats and vegetables topped with another layer of the dough. Cream pies do also exist but are more similar to making a cheesecake in terms of preparation and "dough" used. Snorlax are big boys, and Pies are usually big desserts. Also a small reference to a character from the Dungeons and Dragons campaign I'm in.
Crumpet- A smaller, unsweetened pancake from what my research tells me. I often associate bulldogs with British royalty, and Crumpets are a very British thing to me, so the correlation made sense.
Ribbon- A type of candy where sugar is layered on top of itself in alternating waves to create a sort of ribbon. Since Sylveon is the evolution, I thought it would be fitting!
Cooking Methods:
Glace- A thin sugar coating or icing. Comfey are known to coat people with their flowers to comfort them, so I thought the name fit her the best.
Ingredients:
Honey- Bee vomit. Created by a chemical reaction in a worker bee's stomach once they ingest pollen, and they vomit it out into combs to be used as food for the hive and the queen. Ribombee aren't true bees, but they o have the Honey Gather ability and are the sweetest things!
Meringue- Whipped egg whites and sugar with an added acidic component such as lemon juice or vinegar then cooked to harden. While it can be a stand-alone dessert; Meringue is often used as a topping for a variety of baked goods, hence me putting the name here. Milcery, and ALcremie, are heavily associated with whipped creams and meringues due to their innate abilities as Pokemon, hence the nickname.
Farine- French for Flour. Flour is processed wheat and is used to create a variety of doughs, batters, and sauces used in cooking and baking. Also a homophone with the word flower, which is heavily associated with the Floette line.

???:
Hat Witch's nickname will be revealed at the end of March, which is the tentative date of me doing the Wishing Well Raid (since I'll have the watts by then). It is an alternative spelling of the name, used in Scandinavian countries. It is based off of a character, but not the one that immediately springs to mind! The only nonfood nick-name on this team. If someone guesses where the character is from based off of what I revealed on discord, I'll give a cookie.

Ethan's Team-

Video Game References:
Lucas- Protagonist of Mother 3 capable of using power PSI Attacks such as PK Love. The name is of Greek origin meaning "man from Lucania", a region of southern Italy thought to be named after the words bright and shining. Raichu is one of my favorite mons, and Lucas is one of my favorite video game protagonists, so it works~
Kita - Named after my Final Fantasy 14 character. Japanese, with the primary Kanji, used meaning "North". The Chimchar line is my favorite starter line, so I thought it fitting to use the name of a character I've started from the ground up with.
Marshal- The name of my favorite Animal Crossing Villager, who is also a squirrel. No long drawn out explanation here, simple as it gets.
Milanor - Named after the Dueteroganist of the video game Yggdra Union. One of my favorite games of all time, and one of the best characters from the game, he starts out as a simple thief boy who becomes the second in command of a royal army. While the character's moniker is the "Silver Wolf" I thought it would work out well for a Riolu. Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a new game to play.
Ein - Named after the protagonist of Riviera: The Promised Land. A Grim Angel who falls to the land of Riviera after a series of events. I still need to play the game myself, to be honest, its the only one in the series I actually haven't. Sewaddle, and especially Leavanny, are associated with blades, which Ein uses.
History/Mythology:

Ozy- Short for Ozymandius. While a historical figure, I was primarily thinking of the Fate/Grand Order and Fate/Prototype -Fragments of Silver and Blue- character when naming him. The Outer Diety Nyarlahotep also used the guise of Ozymandius in some of Lovecraft's Short stories, which is the outer entity controlling my Heracross as seen in the short story I wrote when picking him up.
Nidhoggr- The serpent who eats away at the roots of Yggdrasil on Norse Mythology. He also eats the corpses of murderers, adulterers, and oath-breakers. Commonly also depicted as a dragon. While the outer entity influencing this snake hasn't been revealed yet, it is something spicy I promise you. I felt a pale white snake mon like Silicobra as a perfect fit.
Fafnir- The evil dragon from Volsugna Saga. Originally a dwarven prince, he was corrupted by greed and turned into a dragon, and was eventually slain by the hero Sigurd. As a Dragon/Ghost-type, and a Pokemon going from a super small form to eventually a large dragon, I felt the nickname was perfect for a Dreepy who'd be going all the way to Dragapult. The shiny coloration also helps.
Personal:

Spencer - Named after an old friend who helped me a lot through my younger years. The kind, caring, and spazzy personality fits Dragonite the best.
Sandy- Named after my departed hamster who served as an emotional crutch for two years.
Other/Common Names:

William- With the original host body named Wisp gone, the spirit host found another Litwick to inhabit and decided to go by his original name. The name means "Determined Guardian" and well this Litwick is being just that. I recommend reading my Visionary Glade for more information.
Percy- The name meaning "Pierce Valley" and a derivative of Percival. Wanted a P name for my Plusle, and it fit pretty well.
Alrik- Norse for All Ruler. I do have plans for my Cryogonal's character that explains the name, but I'll be honest I wanted a Norse name and it sounded cool.
Echo- A sound phenomenon that repeats a noise over a large area due to sound waves bouncing. Also means an object that is reminiscent or sharing characteristics of something else, which Ditto quite literally does.
Ronin- Feudal Japanese. Means a wandering samurai with no lord or master. I plan to have the Pokemon stay a permanent Dewott, and the name will reflect the character.
Thank you for bearing through this, and I hope you found this enlightening!~

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 01-25-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #472
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Placeholder, Leo you owe me a fiver.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #473
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Ty Iron.

Teaching Lucas the Raichu TR Power Whip. MAX BOND

Teaching Spencer the Dragonite TR Dragon Claw and TR Dragon Pulse.

Teaching Sprinkles the Morelull TR Seed Bomb.

Teaching Cott the Swirlix Iron Butt Tail. Bond is 20.

Teaching Alrik the Cryogonal CM Razor Snow

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:57 AM   #474
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

After great deliberation, using my Payapa Salad on my Amoonguss.

*Six learned Quick Guard!*

*Six learned Circle Throw!*
Old 01-27-2021, 04:46 PM   #475
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Just obtained TR Psychic Fangs from hitting 30FC and I'm going to be teaching it right away to my lil Strong Jaw, Tyson the Tyrunt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out