UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #101
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Shibuya Rin is outrageously attractive (that age, though...) and I thought the Producer was intriguing. That said, I was disappointed given the super-hype that came with this episode. Allegedly Cinderella Girls destroyed KanColle in ratings and I did not see why. The overall package had less eyeball magnetism than KanColle, and the recycling of animation and frames was particularly apparent. It's very similar to Penguindrum where some parts of the episode have hilariously blatant cost-saving maneuvers to compensate for average animation throughout the episode.

Story-wise I didn't see what was so great either. Rin doesn't want to be an idol for some reason that isn't clear. Rin gets convinced to be an idol for some reason that also isn't clear. It felt like there was internal monologue missing that would have made the logic process clearer.

That said, I also liked the "bleak" feeling this episode gave. It reminded me of my own job search! The bubble girl whose name I forgot was the last member of her class in school, and can't say anything more than the cliches she was programmed in, but she still waited and hope for the day she would be an idol. Nevermind that ambition is a bit disgusting prima facia, throwing oneself to the wolves and holding out hope for the improbable is moving in any context.

Producer has a creepy look and acts creepy, his politeness his only tell that he's just meek and not a deviant. I sympathized with how difficult it was for him to get the ball rolling on his group. It was just waiting, and waiting, and waiting - no progress, the anguish of idleness. Very vibrant for me, much appreciated.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:27 AM   #102
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Still watching this, but my initial enthusiasm has kind of died. It just doesn't have the personality the first IM@S series had. Most of the characters are actually pretty annoying. One who forces the whole "cat-girl" thing down your fucking throat. One who mentions rock in every god damn sentence. One with chuunibyou. The rest are fairly boring with the exception of maybe Anzu and the Russian on occasions. Though the funniest thing about the Russian is more how the subs translate her random Russian utterances than her personality herself. They'll often just stick jibberish in there and call it "translated" (sometimes sticking numbers in there).

Also, in episode 6, they should change the name of the show to "Forceddramam@ster". More forced than buttsex with a nun!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #103
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Takane dressed up as Kouwanseiki from Kantai Collection. (Source.) Miki dressed up like Atago. (Source.)

Still haven't watched S2 of Puchimas! or started Cinderella Girls. Would like to.

Speaking of Cinderella Girls, I saw a really sweet, vanilla doujin not long ago about Ranko x Producer-san. IIRC the one I'm thinking of was by famous eromangaka ReDrop. Both the raw and the English translation should be very easy to find.

Last edited by Talon87; 04-20-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #104
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Actually Ranko has been really sweet since episode 8. Her episode has been the first really good one, and probably the best so far.

The show has gotten better since I last posted about it. Nothing amazing, but better than the "Forceddramam@ster" that is was before.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #105
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

One of the better live performances I've heard. I think being in a group helps ward against going out of tune...but still, this is a thing. A legitimately good sounding live.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #106
Talon87
時の彼方へ

【THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS】
マイファーストスターあわせ

撮影:きさらぎ(@kisaragi2011)

If the Cinderella Girls existed in real life.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 AM   #107
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

It seems there's a thing going on where people take some of the IM@S cards and compare them to poses from other things. This one is particularly awesome. A must look for MTG players!

Cinderella Girls season 2 has been going on for a few weeks. I didn't bother saying much about season 1 because despite some high points, it was a ball of meh. Characters don't have the amount of personality their first generation counterparts have, and the drama is just forced nonsense.

Season 2 on the otherhand has been pretty good so far. I usually cringe at idol drama, but this actually has been pretty good. We have understandable problems with understandable solutions, and no fucking over-the-top boo-hooing. Sure, it's predictable, but it's still pretty enjoyable. The animation is a hell of alot better as well. Season 1 got a generous 6 from me, but season 2 has been 8 material so far.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:52 AM   #108
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That's good to hear. Cinderella Girls is another of those serieson my to-do list. Shizuku, Takumi, and Ranko are all favorites going in. We'll see where I stand after watching the series.

Last edited by Talon87; 08-23-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #109
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Takahashi Chiaki (voice of Azusa in iM@S) singing an iM@S song with a symphony orchestra. Specifically, it's "Tonari ni" for those who care. (I don't know the song myself! But you might! ) Proving once again that she brings the "KINGU" to "Chiakingu."

This is a really beautiful song. No idea if the original composition sounds this majestic, but this orchestral performance is just wow. This is the sort of song you show men and women across the world and they go, "Wow, that is such a beautiful song. " I can't believe this is an iDOLM@STER song ... and yet I can, because iM@S admittedly has a number of really great songs.

I think Takahashi Chiaki (Azusa) is a better singer than Imai Asami (Chihaya). However, I love that Asami's a quality singer too -- as she re-proves in this live performance of "Yakusoku". For a live, unfiltered performance, this is pretty darn good. (Granted, Chiakingu's was live too. ) There isn't much there to hide her voice -- and there doesn't have to be, because she can actually sing.

Who are the best singers out of the Cinderella Girls voice actresses?

EDIT: Original version of "Tonari ni" right here ... well, sort of. Still a live performance, and she isn't throwing her voice to sound like Azusa but rather is singing with the full force of her true voice. It's pretty great.

Last edited by Talon87; 10-10-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #110
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Somebody made a crossover between Captain America: Civil War and iM@S. Check it out here. Be warned that there are Civil War spoilers in the pictures.

Spoiler: show
Not too crazy about Yukiho as Captain America. That feels more like someone whom Chihaya or Haruka should've been. I mean, don't get me wrong, Yukiho sort of fits too. I just ... I dunno. Yukiho is such a side character that it's weird to have her be Steve Rogers.

Iori as Iron Man is pretty great though.

Overall this is pretty silly and doesn't work too well in either direction, but I guess it's fun just to look at. The mere sight of all these iM@S girls in Civil War character costumes is pretty fun.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:55 PM   #111
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Was enjoying "GO MY WAY" (the version from TVアニメ THE IDOLM@STER ANIM@TION MASTER 03) and was looking for it online to share. Found this instead. While I'm not as big a fan of this version's audio -- it has segments of solo tracks from every girl instead of having the entire group sing at once most of the time -- it's a really neat video for two reasons:
  1. in one convenient spot, you can really see the relative strengths of the various girls' singing. For example, it's painfully clear that Yayoi sucks balls while Chihaya is one of the stronger singers.
  2. it's a pretty decent PV of sorts for people who have never seen the show before. While it pulls from a variety of S1 and I believe S2 footage, nothing here is really a "spoiler". It shies away from the most dramatic parts of the story, but it's not a particularly boring trailer either, I think.
Give it a look, whether you've seen the show before or not. I think you'll enjoy it.

----------------------------------------

I still need to finish the second season of Puchimas, as well as catch up with all of Cinderella Girls. Don't think it'll happen in the next month or two, but maybe I can set it for a New Year's 2017 goal ...
Old 11-01-2016, 05:01 AM   #112
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

We're all on the save wavelength, my friend.

From Friday morning's chat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM
Doppleganger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP0VOwUGPjg
Doppleganger: I didn't know Hibiki could sing that way.
Doppleganger: I always thought her whole gimmick was dental horror + kansai ben
big bad birtha: Hibiki is pretty good when she sings in a deep intense voice.
big bad birtha: (I can't listen now since I have company)
Doppleganger: ah, I'll talk later then
big bad birtha: It's fine, I can still communicate.
big bad birtha: Awesome thing about having a laptop.
big bad birtha: I totally forgot about that song. Actually I haven't heard Hibiki sound like that either. She sounds pretty good when she isn't singing in "character".
big bad birtha: Also apparently Japanese people in a French-themed country are going to behave French.
Worth noting that what you posted was from the original 2006 recordings of The Idolm@ster. Yayoi's CV was indeed pretty bad back then. It was always curious to me, then, that she was most of, if not the most popular idol of NicoNico Douga.

Pretty much all the dougas featured her, not the other idols, during the medley peak.

I can sort of get it, I guess? 2006 Yayoi was poor an dirty, had an underdeveloped loli-like body, and possessed a pretty bad voice. But she oozed promise. The figure could improve (with decent nutrition). The voice could improve. She could take a shower.

And take a shower she did! The IM@S 2's Yayoi is semen demon. Her singing has also undergone a massive improvement to the point that, prior to hearing that strange Hibiki solo, I would have said Yayoi was one of the top singers and definitely the most improved.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-16-2020, 02:00 AM   #113
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

As some may know, Hagiwara Yukiho's VA was replaced from the 360 game before the IM@S 2 and the anime. She recently opened up on Twitter (five years after he last outpour) and revealed a Weinstein-esque culture behind the Japanese voice acting industry, especially in regard to the younger generation of CVs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
I didn't get along well with the 765AS VAs. The one seemingly less likely to bully others was the biggest bully.
All the popular kids in the VA industry are mentally fucked up.
Popular male VAs are just shitty pick up artists trying to fuck female VAs. If a male VA gets slightly popular, they start thinking they can sleep with anyone.
I was only offered a role in exchange for sleeping with a producer once, but I refused.
I think Mingosu spread rumors about me.
Hasegawa and Shimoda were nice.
Kugirie is extremely professional and never gets in trouble with anyone.
There are many voice actors cheating and sleeping around.
Miyuki Sawashiro is the nicest and most honest VA.
I haven't met Nana Mizuki, so I don't want to talk badly about her.
Summary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chan
im@s
didn't get along with other 765 VAs, got bullied by the ones you least expect to be bullies
still doesn't know why she was removed from the role of Yukiho
never talked to Azumin but is cheering for her
she's talking about im@s because she's a freelancer
scamco didn't talk to her, they talked to the president of her agency
doesn't have anything to say about Horie Yui
Likes Akky and Asapon, doesn't get along with Eriko and Mingosu, Chiaking got angry with her/scolded her
other VAs
got ignored by Hirano Aya
met Da-chan once and thinks she's probably a good person. She has huge tits

Shizuka Itou
didn't go to AquaPlus Matsuri because Shizuka Itou was going
She was an asshole who threw a script at Yurishii and they never got along because of it

dark shit
case of domestic violence
said case gave her a severe trauma. Needs meds.
had to take a pillow with her for auditions and apparently got refused the role because of it
other stuff
was probably not wearing panties during the stream
showed her armpit
won't do JAV
isn't interested in being a VA again
sang a little bit of Kosmos, Cosmos
got a message from someone who got her removed from the industry/im@s(I think?)
probably will talk more about things in the future
Yikes! I'm most disappointed that Chiaki Takahashi didn't get along with Hase, but she's kind of high maintenance. You would think she's in the same veteran group as Kugumiya Rie and Sawashiro.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-05-2021, 01:48 AM   #114
samui
Pokemon Trainer

oh also need to watch
samui is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime