UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 03-12-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Wobbuffet Gym & Raid FAQ and Announcements

This thread will be used to answer questions about raid mechanics, leave notes for reference, and announcements to the overall system.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

One feature coming very soon: I am begging a reference list of attacks that have their effects altered/rebalanced to fit within the FB raid battle system. If there are any attacks not mentioned on the list that you have questions/concerns about, I urge that you bring them up here so they can be sorted out and updated!

Edit: list can be found here

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:

Last edited by Sandaa; 03-12-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

What should be done about Endeavor? Raid Bosses have more HP than raid challengers, and so I feel that it would be too easy to win a Gym Raid Battle if Endeavor is used.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #4
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

If I remember correctly, Endeavor is on the list of moves that flat-out fail when used on a Raid Boss, presumably for that very reason. We use the same list of auto-fail moves the games do, at least for the time being, so it really didn't stand much of a chance here.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #5
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Um, well...Endeavor actually isn't on the list, so that's why I was wondering what to do about it.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

In one of my adventures, some creative liberties were taken with Endeavor, likely to prevent what I was shooting for with my Shedinja, making the damage dealt depends on HP the user lost, rather than current HP. I could picture something similar being the case here.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:43 AM   #7
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
What should be done about Endeavor? Raid Bosses have more HP than raid challengers, and so I feel that it would be too easy to win a Gym Raid Battle if Endeavor is used.
After a brief period of discussion we have decided to alter its effect akin to something similar to what MM said; the damage dealt by Endeavor will be proportional to the amount of health the user has lost.

A couple other things I would like to announce:

1.) We have decided on how to handle Screen-Setting moves in FB raids so that they are balanced: Rather than a flat damage reduction multiplier, screens in FB raids will raise the respective defensive stat of all participating allied Pokemon by 2 stages. These buffs are considered separate to the Pokemon's actual +/- 6 stat increase limit and are tied directly to the screens themselves. Additionally, for similar reasons the Burn attack demerit multiplier will be changed to a -2 attack reduction. For the duration of this month's ongoing raids (March 2020), screen-setting moves will still be restricted; the changes will be applied towards raids next month and onward.

2.) Due to an oversight caused by all of the chaos going on right now, we neglected to add one of the new rewards we came up with for raids; in addition to current rewards Pokemon will also be awarded levels according to the raid difficulty level. For raids that just completed this month before these changes, they will be retroactively added. If a Pokemon is already lv.100, then the trainer will receive an equal number of Rare Candies instead.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #8
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

A number of announcements:
1.) Following up on the previous ruling of how to adapt Reflect/Light Screen into FB Raids: As stated on Bulbapedia, “in battles with allies, Aurora Veil protects the user and all allies, but only reduces damage by a third rather than half.” To reflect it into our system, the effect will raise both Defense and Sp.Defense of all allied Pokemon by +1 stage rather than +2. These bonuses will apply independently to each individual Pokemon’s defense boosts. When Aurora Veil is used simultaneously with Reflect or Light Screen, the effects will not stack but the stronger effect will apply.

2.) Another in-game battle effect that is being altered: for the moves Spite and G-Max Depletion, the move that the target used last will be disabled for 1 turn. Conversely, because we have realized an imbalance with the move Disable, we have added it to the list of banned attacks until we can come up with a more balanced application for it.

3.) Third, we will be altering the rewards of 3-Star raids: In order to make them more appealing and beneficial to players with lower leveled Pokemon, we will be doubling the level-up gains for Pokemon under lv.30. If they are above lv.30, then they will receive the standard amount of levels.

4.) Last but certainly not least, we are glad to announce that while the Twisted Roots Gym has closed down, the Loch Bygone Gym has taken its place! Congratulations to Raves as our newest Gym Leader!
Old 04-06-2020, 01:27 AM   #9
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Previously mentioned effects of Aurora Veil, Spite, and G-Max Depletion have been officially added to the list of updated attack descriptions for FB raids as well as two more:

Electro Ball (Electric, Special -- BP)
Old Effect: User deals damage proportionate to how faster it is than the target.
New Effect: User deals damage based on their species’ base speed stat and Speed stat boosts.
0-50 Speed: 40 BP
50-100 Speed: 70 BP
100+ Speed: 100 BP
Gains +1 Sp.Atk bonus for each Speed stat boost and -1 Sp.Atk for each Speed stat drop.

Gyro Ball (Steel, Physical -- BP)
Old Effect: User deals damage proportionate to how slower it is than the target.
New Effect: User deals damage based on their species’ base speed stat and Speed stat boosts.
0-50 Speed: 100 BP
50-100 Speed: 70 BP
100+ Speed: 40 BP
Gains +1 Atk bonus for each Speed stat drop and -1 Atk for each Speed stat boost.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #10
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Congrats to Sneaze, who is now the official Electric/Fire Gym Leader of the Fizzy Power Co. Gym!
Old 04-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #11
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

What formulas are used for damage calculation? I was just wondering.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #12
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

The formulas used aren’t public knowledge. Some people have worked out roughly what multipliers are used, but unless your a Gym Leader or have taken for Gym Leader test, it’s a secret.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #13
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

A small sampling of monthly additions/updates:

1.) While accuracy is generally unchecked for the purpose of raid battle calculations, it has become apparent that the attacks Zap Cannon, Inferno, and Dynamic Punch are too powerful for the current raid format. These attacks will now have their accuracy checked at a 50% success rate, as the games originally intended.

2.) It was never clarified before, but due to the nature of Fizzy Bubbles' unlimited and unnatural movesets, the move Imprison is incredibly broken for the raid battle format, and thus has been added to the 'banned moves' list.

3.) Fossilized Bird, Dino, Drake, and Fish have been added to the Watt Shop for the price of 300 Watts. These items are not tradeable and are sold separately, and once in possession of a correct pair, they may be presented in The Hatchery. After one week, the corresponding Pokemon will be revived from the fossils.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #14
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Although no one currently has a Pokémon that knows Bolt Beak or Fishious Rend, how will we handle these moves in the future? In raids, our Pokémon normally always attack before the Raid Boss, so won't these moves be overpowered?

Also, is it allowed to trade Watts to other people?
Old 05-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Watts are untradeable. No idea if that's ever gonna change, but as it stands right now, they can't be traded.

My personal take on Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend is that they're exclusive to mons you need to spend Watts to get, and therefore need to win raids to get, so it seems to me like such overpowered moves could be considered a reward for persevering through so many raids. That said, I have no idea if anyone else shares this point of view with me, much less anyone who actually has a say in matters like this, so... *shrug*
Old 05-31-2020, 09:16 PM   #16
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

New month means some new rule updates and re-balancing:
1. Changes to Sign-Ups: Raids will no longer begin until 48 hours after the final member has signed up, unless the 7 day time limit has been reached first.

2. Rebalancing of Trainer Pokemon HP: lv.1-29: 300 HP, lv.30-59: 400 HP, lv.60-100: 500 HP. Lv.100 Pokemon are now permitted to use Mega Stones and Z-Crystals in raid battles. Z-Crystals can only be used once per battle. Mega Stones transform the Pokemon into their respective Mega Evolution and give +1 to all stats independent of their in-battle +/-6 stat growth and the effect lasts for the remainder of the battle. Pokemon holding Mega Stones or Z-Crystals cannot Dynamax.

3. Changes to Disqualifications: When a trainer becomes disqualified after missing 2 rounds while their Pokemon is not fainted, the Raid Boss will now lose 400 HP.

4. Changes to Raid Boss Shields: 3-Star – [N – 1], 4-Star – [N], 5-Star – [N + 1]. N equals number of trainers active at the time the shields are activated, taking present disqualifications into account.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #17
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Are we allowed to un-register from a raid?
Old 05-31-2020, 10:37 PM   #18
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

We prefer to not allow people to hold up raid slots if they aren't 100% committed to that raid, in fairness to those who might miss out their chance at that raid.

So if you aren't sure you want to be a part of the two raids you signed up for, delete your posts now or else you'll be locked into them.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-31-2020, 11:06 PM   #19
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

The mystical fairy aura surrounding the Saccharine Sweets Gym is suddenly feeling a little more... Normal now as new types of Pokemon have been spotted in the area!
Old 06-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #20
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Sorry for asking so many questions, but if a Mega Evolved Pokémon is knocked out and then revived; does it stay Mega Evolved, does it remain in its regular form for the rest of the battle, or does the Trainer have to manually Mega Evolve it again?
Old 06-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #21
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Regular form

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:58 AM   #22
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Querry: Am I correct in my assumption that due to the way Turn Orders are handled in the Max Raids (that is, the boss always goes last, increased Priority moves notwithstanding), one would have to be injured by an ally to trigger the secondary effects of Payback and Revenge?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #23
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Payback yes What MM said below about Payback, Revenge has negative Priority so it would move after the boss does.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:

Last edited by Sandaa; 06-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Payback doesn't require the Pokémon to take damage in order to double its power, though- it simply has to move after the target, so it's actually not really worthwhile in raids, unless you got a Stall Sableye or something.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #25
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

It’s that time again! Here are your monthly raid Changes & Updates!

1. Raid Boss Shockwave Updated Effects:
- Resets all Pokemon Abilities to their original state
- Negates All Raider Abilities for the duration of the following round
2. Volatile Status Conditions:
- Mental Statuses & Curse Removed with Shockwave
- Infatuation: Raid Boss is now immune
3. Isle of Armor MT Attacks:
- Rising Voltage: 2x Power when Target is affected by Electric Terrain. Does not get Terrain Damage Multiplier.
- Expanding Force: Becomes Spread during Psychic Terrain. Does not get Terrain Damage Multiplier.
- All other IoA MT Attacks are cleared for use for the time being!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League