UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 05-14-2023, 03:41 AM   #76
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I wish I could main Nibiru, but it's way too bricky. Top-tier meta decks tend to just play around it, although it crushes the annoying, not meta decks like Rikka, Beetrooper and Ghoti. These decks SS out the arse and were able to play through, and stop, Maxx "C" and Evenly.

Therein lies another issue, Nibiru conflicts with Evenly, Imperm, and Lightning Storm. This is the big reason why it's not played anymore, not JUST because it's ineffective against big body spam.

Right now I have 8 board breakers and 11 hand traps. It doesn't feel like enough. When you consider I just need Junk + Effect Veiler or Junk + Maxx "C" to explode.

But the bigger issue is I just don't have the deck space. If Lightning Storm wasn't so restrictive, I would main x3,.

What we need is more HFD or a one-sided Trunade.

Astrograph Pendulums are using the Vaylanz Field Spell because they are only threatened by Evenly Matched. I lost to one such duelist whose only Quick Effect was Vortex Dragon, since they knew that Vortex would negate HFD and that was it.

Here's some proof that I'm not lying! I am totally beating Tears, really!

BORKED
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-14-2023 at 03:59 AM.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 12:36 AM   #77
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've done testing with Revolution Synchron and my conclusion is it's garbage.

At least, in Thunder Dragon Synchron.

It would be amazing if the second effect didn't lower its level to 1. Were that the case, I could make Chaos Ruler + Colossus + Naturia Beast off 3 + 5 + 2, possibly even Shenshen/Abyss + Naturia Beast + Colossus. A board like that would be worth going first.

As-is, I can't figure out how to make Revolution Synchron work without it being situational, or redundant with Jet Synchron.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-19-2023, 01:13 AM   #78
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I got to Platinum 1 but I am not going to progress further. I don't want to start in Platinum for June, I want to go back to Gold and play Exodia/burn/whatever to pad my career numbers.

I also reched Level 18 in the WCS qualifiers. I don't think I'll actually hit Max, but I'll use this to hit my dailies up until we get some hits to Tears.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #79
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Today I learned about the new Chaos support, Duality and Shadow's Light.

I can already see a way to break this: summoning Wattchimera off Thunder Dragondark allows for a PWWB effect.

But I'm struggling to find targets that work with the rest of my Dark monsters. I frankly don't see any.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #80
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So I made WCS Qualifiers and won one game. I'm going to take it easy from here on out - I don't really care about the format considering Tears will die soon and I have bragging rights.

I took the Master Duel edition of my deck and added cards that I want:

+1 HFD
+1 Gold Sarc
+1 Halq
+1 Auroradon

With these, I am no longer losing against EdoPro's bots, not even aginst the Tear one. Halq really did salvage bad hands and me learnng to play with Auroradon makes it a necessary floor for bad hands.

This version of the deck is so strong. I wish it was legal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-26-2023, 04:37 PM   #81
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
RIP Auroradon really needed to die but it really is one of the cards of all time
Old 05-27-2023, 01:23 AM   #82
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
RIP Auroradon really needed to die but it really is one of the cards of all time
It's stronger than Halq, despite what the OCG might say (unban Halq plz).

The prove this, and disprove claims that the Dragon Rulers are OK to unban, I made a deck combining the Dragon Rulers and Kashtira:

Kashtira by itself can summon Galaxy Tomahawk, Auroradon but can't really do anything with past that.

But the Dragon Rulers - particularly Tempest, Blaster, and Redox - have ample material to summon themselves and fill the Graveyard. Arise-Heart can also reload all the rulers by adding them as material, then being Tributed for a Tribute Summon.

Even with a 5 card opening, I was able to overwhelm even Kashtira and Tears like it's 2013. Only an opening of Shifter, Maxx "C" and Ash was sufficient to stop it.

The limiting factor was the Extra Deck, unsurprisingly.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-27-2023, 01:59 PM   #83
Emi

I assume EDOPRO doesn't have a SHS or a Purrely AI cause I was gonna ask how you did versus those decks but lol comedic timing given the most recent TCG banlist.

Long live Kashtira
Old 05-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #84
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was able to make Arise-Heart with just Level 7's and now with overlaying a Kashtira, but Arise-Heart also triggers all Dragon Ruler banish effects when it activates its Quick Effect.

Without interruptons and an average hand, the opening is the Extra Link with Firewall + Wynn + Gravity Controller and Shangr-La in defense. Apollousa can also be summoned over Wynn after one turn.

With a bonkers hand I get both Extra Link and full zone locking. It's nutters.

>banlist

Don't care about TCG list anymore, but yay diverse format?

Unban Colossus you tools.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-27-2023, 04:47 PM   #85
Emi

nah the banlist seems to have just made kashtira better by hitting every deck underneath it more <- in pain
Old 05-27-2023, 04:53 PM   #86
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Why isn't Purrely as good in the TCG as it is in the OCG? Shouldn't Purrely be dominating and not Kashtira?

Well, Kashtira is basically dead it looks like in the OCG.

The Dragon Ruler deck I made used 2 copies of Unicorn, Fenrir, and Rise-Heart. The first two are limited in the OCG, whch makes Rise-Heart a bit awkward to use.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-27-2023, 07:06 PM   #87
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So I actually got to battle a Purrely player and lost both times, both going first with average-ish hands.

Extra Linking isn't good against it so I had to rely on the Kashtira cards the second go-around (didn't know it was Purrely).

Worth noting though, I was disrupted both times I think. Veiler + Ash and Droll really hurt.

I didn't really pay attention to what the cards did, except that the Quick Plays were not OPT, the Field Spell isn't either, the Purrelys add materials from various locations.

Noir (the Dark one) is a fat Towers while Happiness (?) is the OTK machine.

This deck also feels like Zeus turbo. It was able to make 4-6 mat Zeus both times. Why isn't Zeus limited in the TCG?

IMV, Thunder Dragon Synchron should be pretty effective against Purrely. Colossus should stop all that adding to the hand nonsense and I can Kaiju out Purrely Noir.

But Zeus turbo with 6 mats is eh. Especially in defense mode.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-27-2023, 11:58 PM   #88
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Why isn't Purrely as good in the TCG as it is in the OCG? Shouldn't Purrely be dominating and not Kashtira?

Well, Kashtira is basically dead it looks like in the OCG.

The Dragon Ruler deck I made used 2 copies of Unicorn, Fenrir, and Rise-Heart. The first two are limited in the OCG, whch makes Rise-Heart a bit awkward to use.
The OCG meta is a lot lower powered specifically because Kashtira has been heavily hit. It's still playable in the OCG mind you, but Kashtira is a really really difficult match-up for Purrely to win, because it really wants its Quick-Play spells in the GY for Purrelyly to easily cheat out Xyz monsters and for Expurrely Plump to replenish materials, something that is considerably harder when there's a walking Macro Cosmos on board.

Quote:
So I actually got to battle a Purrely player and lost both times, both going first with average-ish hands.

Extra Linking isn't good against it so I had to rely on the Kashtira cards the second go-around (didn't know it was Purrely).

Worth noting though, I was disrupted both times I think. Veiler + Ash and Droll really hurt.

I didn't really pay attention to what the cards did, except that the Quick Plays were not OPT, the Field Spell isn't either, the Purrelys add materials from various locations.

Noir (the Dark one) is a fat Towers while Happiness (?) is the OTK machine.

This deck also feels like Zeus turbo. It was able to make 4-6 mat Zeus both times. Why isn't Zeus limited in the TCG?

IMV, Thunder Dragon Synchron should be pretty effective against Purrely. Colossus should stop all that adding to the hand nonsense and I can Kaiju out Purrely Noir.

But Zeus turbo with 6 mats is eh. Especially in defense mode.
Droll and Kaijus are the best things against Purrely yeah. It's important to note that Expurrely Noir also has a non-OPT tuck effect which is why its such a crazy end-board monsters.

Also Zeus isn't limited because there's no real reason to run more than one Zeus in the TCG. Well not anymore, since the banning of Diabolos the Mindhacker means you can't get your only copy sniped.
Old 05-28-2023, 01:08 AM   #89
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

One of the most broken plays I've seen lately is Special Summoning from the hand. This seems kind of weird, since cards have been doing this forever, but they used to neg to do it, now they +1 like Exosister Martha.

Realizing this, and realizing that I could make Junk Speeder off Unknown Synchron or Jet Synchron with a Level 4 (that I don't run normally), I went looking for a generic, DARK, Level 4 monster that could special summon itself.

And that card...is Tearlaments Scherein.

Dun dun duuuuuuuun!

I have to ditch Ash Blossom to use it, but Scheiren for a non-Normal Summon Junk Speeder means I do not necessarily have to run Radian as my kaiju board breaker, as I could get more impact off Lava Golem or Sphere Mode.

There's also Thunder King Raigeki, who is searchable by Thunder Dragon Fusion, but I really like the Allure fodder. If only a DARK, THUNDER Kaiju who tributed two monsters were created.

BUT THE ISSUE...I need a Fusion that works generically with Scheiren from the Graveyard.

All I know if is Mudragon of the Swamp and Garura. Is there any better targets?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-28-2023, 05:27 AM   #90
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Learning more about Purrely...with Delicious Memory limited, does this mean Spright has an easier time summong Expurrely Noir than pure Purrely does?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-28-2023, 08:58 AM   #91
Emi

Quote:
Learning more about Purrely...with Delicious Memory limited, does this mean Spright has an easier time summong Expurrely Noir than pure Purrely does?
No but you could potentially hybridize them. The problem is that the Rank 2s all use exactly 2 monsters, which means even with Plump you only get 4 materials.

Quote:
One of the most broken plays I've seen lately is Special Summoning from the hand. This seems kind of weird, since cards have been doing this forever, but they used to neg to do it, now they +1 like Exosister Martha.

Realizing this, and realizing that I could make Junk Speeder off Unknown Synchron or Jet Synchron with a Level 4 (that I don't run normally), I went looking for a generic, DARK, Level 4 monster that could special summon itself.

And that card...is Tearlaments Scherein.

Dun dun duuuuuuuun!

I have to ditch Ash Blossom to use it, but Scheiren for a non-Normal Summon Junk Speeder means I do not necessarily have to run Radian as my kaiju board breaker, as I could get more impact off Lava Golem or Sphere Mode.

There's also Thunder King Raigeki, who is searchable by Thunder Dragon Fusion, but I really like the Allure fodder. If only a DARK, THUNDER Kaiju who tributed two monsters were created.

BUT THE ISSUE...I need a Fusion that works generically with Scheiren from the Graveyard.

All I know if is Mudragon of the Swamp and Garura. Is there any better targets?
Literally all I got is "are you still running Shaddoll Beast"
Old 05-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #92
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I am not. Beast is another brick in a deck that bricks a lot.

THOUGH, after thinking about it, and doing some research on how Thunder Dragons used to be played, I believe I have my answer now to the missing ingredient:

Ready Fusion.

Kaminari Attack is the perfect monster, uniting both the Synchron and Thunder Dragon plays as it's a starter for both.

With just Kaminari Attack, I can summon Thunder Dragon Titan and clear out my hand of a bricked Thunder Dragon (a HUGE problem). I had previously ignored this summon method for the most part as I prefer to summon Titan off Thunder Dragon Fusion.

Kaminari Attack also gives me a Level 5 body to make Chaos Ruler off Junk Synchron, fixing an issue of me being unable to play through 2 disruptions. That is, if I Sarc Dragonroar and it gets Ash'd, then if I summon Junk Synchron and get Imperm'd, Veiler, or D.D. Crow'd, my turn basically ends.

Triple Tactics Talent is honestly sucky going second and it's what I've been using in place.

Ready Fusion is better, and most importantly, legal. Were Instant Fusion legal alongside it I would strongly consider maybe running both, but the Ready Fusion slot fits nicely into where I was running the tech stuff.

However, Ready Fusion and a second copy of Thunder Dragon Titan are URs....which means I'm quite a ways from getting them without dismantling stuff.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-31-2023, 01:00 AM   #93
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

After some testing, Ready Fusion is great as a starter but it's inconsistent-ish, just because getting the Ready Fusion in hand isn't easy. I would love an easily main decked way to search both it and Thunder Dragon Fusion (as well as a way to pitch Thunder Dragon Fusion bar Jet Synchron), but I don't have it.

I can make Synchro 5, 6, 8 and 9 consistently. 6, 9 and 8, 9 happen off Junk Speeder. 7 is also a possibility, but 10 is awkward without further steps. 6 and 7 are also possible off Level 1 + Roar or Dark.

Given how common Level 6 seems to hit, I was looking for ways to improve on Coral Dragon. Without Halq, Coral can't be pitched for a +1 draw or be summoned via Halq, and without Garden Rose Maiden there's no real way to summon it back.

Muddy Mudragon looked promising. It can substitute for Thunder Dragon, to make Colossus off Thunder Dragon Fusion while shuffling Thunder Dragondark and Mudragon back into the deck. It can also recycle Kaminari Attack for Instant Fusion it that ever gets unbanned.

The steps would be:

1. Special Unknown Synchron
2. Ready/Instant Kaminari Attack
3. Summon Titan, pitch Dragonroar
4. Summon Dragondark
5. Synchro 6 to Muddy Mudragon
6. Add Thunder Dragon Fusion
7. Fusion Summon Colossus, shuffling Muddy Mudragon and Kaminari Attack
8. Ready/Instant Fusion Kaminari Attack
9. Normal Summon Junk Synchron, summon Unknown Synchron
10. Chaos Ruler
11. Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss

The idea is to run both Instant Fusion and Ready Fusion for exactly a situation like this, and Ready Fusion to salvage bad hands and get the Thunder Dragon engine rolling. But x2 Kaminari Attack alongside x2 Thunder Dragon Titan is too much. Kaminari Attack necessitates running a second copy of Thunder Dragon Titan or else it makes Thunder Dragon Fusion dead later in game.

Muddy Mudragon still permits access to Abyss, but the real downer is no ability to fuse with it from the Graveyard. It HAS to be face-up to fuse Colossus. Colossus also has to be summoned from the Extra Deck (same with Titan), meaning summoning it off Thunder Dragonhawk won't work.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-04-2023, 12:39 PM   #94
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I need a strong Link 3 that can be made off Dharc + something. Any ideas?!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #95
Emi

I assume you're looking for purely generic ones so here's a list for you:

Topologic Trisbaena, Knightmare Unicorn, The Phantom Knights of Rusty Bardiche, and Selene, Queen of the Magicians are the big ones
Old 06-04-2023, 09:06 PM   #96
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've been looking at Unicorn, but it's too "fair" I guess. I'm looking for some broken cards because in the recent OCG breakdown, Thunder Dragons did horribly in recent tournaments. And that's with Bystials added to the mix.

It doesn't surprise me, either. As strong as Colossus is, it's incredibly easy to just negate single Colossus. Players used to turbo out two Colossus for this reason, but summoning Colossus twice is actually a neg.

It's very similar to the Swordsoul opening of Baronne de Fleur + Dragite. Tenyis lock Swordsoul into Wyrm, but the Tenyi combo lines through Denglong lead to a much better opening board. However, since interruption ruins Swordsoul, they are forced to "settle" for that weaker but more consistent opening.

Thunder Dragons have the best setup with Colossus + Titan rather than two Colossus. It usually leaves a single Thunder Dragon in the Graveyard, along with Thunder Dragon Fusion, "setting" it for a search the next turn. But games rarely go that far to make it worth it.

Archnemeses Eschatos is basically my deck boss now. Every time it drops it exerts enormus pressure on the opponent, and actually does unfair things with the Special Summon lock.

But outside of Eschatos I really feel like my deck ceiling is low. I've been able to do well thus far, compared to other decks from last year that have disappeared (like Eldlich), but I think when the Purrely/Kashtira meta comes along I will fall behind.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-05-2023, 01:23 AM   #97
Emi

There are other potential options like Crusadia Equimax or Curious, the Lightsworn Dominion but I didn't choose to include the 3 material Link 3s and the former requires you to run arguably bad cards.

Usually Unicorn is used with I:P Masquerna as it is essentially just a removal tool otherwise.
Old 06-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #98
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What about a Link that allows banishing a card from my own Graveyard?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #99
Emi

None at the Link 3 slot and a lot of them are archetype specific. You might be able to use Thunder Dragon Thunderstormech I guess? Five-Headed Link Dragon?
Old 06-05-2023, 05:34 PM   #100
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Thanks. It's a pity, I really wish there was a way to salvage "brick" hands like Junk Synchron + Thunder Dragondark. The only way I see it is to Synchro from the hand, but nothing does that which fits unfortunately.

The banning of Instant Fusion in Master Duel was similarly unfortunate.

Instant Fusion + Ready Fusion are excellent combo starters and hand fixers and can be used in tandem during a turn, but banning Instant Fusion prevents that.

On EdoPro I had to remove Thunder Dragon Fusion to make Instant Fusion work. TDF is a great extender, but it's really bad early in the duel. It just adds to bricking for a deck that struggles with bricking and getting going anyway.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment