UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #376
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With Kratos already taking some nasty hits, you know that you have to play smart if you're going to help the Golduck overcome the Mega Gyarados. Most importantly, you needed to stop the Gwen from using Crunch again, luckily Kratos possessed just the right attack. The Golduck's gem glows and his eyes light up as he puts a strange lock on the powerful serpent. The disabling technique would prevent the Gyarados for using Crunch, at least for a while. Gwen seems to pay little attention to that for now, instead she continues to attack. Her giant maw snaps open as she bellows a powerful twister of wind and dragon energy. The attack smashes into Kratos's chest, sending him flying backwards. The Golduck eventually crashes into the water but he quickly pops back up to the surface, a look of renewed hatred on his face.

With her foe in the water once more, Gwen begins to dance around, moving with both aggression and elegance. Her attack power seems to increase, as does her speed as she seems to be moving faster than before. Kratos seems envious of the serpent's boosts, pulling himself back up onto a nearby boulder, he slaps himself across the head, in an attempt to psych himself up. The Golduck shouts at the Gyarados, flexing his muscles as he feels himself strengthen. He now possesses the same boosts as Gwen, however it seems something may have been overlooked. Kratos also seems to be experiencing the same defense drop as the Mega Gyarados, his guard is left open, making him more susceptible to physical attacks.

As Gwen prepares her next attack, her tail starting to glow green, Kratos beats her to the punch. He strikes first, leaping up through the air he somersaults, slamming his tail down onto the Gyarados's head, forcing it under the water. As Kratos leaps back onto a boulder, Gwen retaliates, swinging her tail around with tremendous strength. Rocks fly everywhere as the boulder is shattered and Kratos is batted away, crashing onto the ground on your side of the river. The Golduck pulls himself up, that attack hurt.
Things were getting heated in this battle as the two Pokemon continued to exchange blows. Kratos had mimicked the Mega Gyarados’ stat boost, but he had taken on her stat detriments as well, a calculated risk that Gary felt he needed to take if Kratos wanted to keep up in this arms race. He grit his teeth has Kratos smashed into a boulder, having taken an attack that looked quite painful. “Hang in there, Kratos!” he called out as he quickly tried to think of a strategy.

For the time being, Kratos had managed to seal away Gyarados’ most powerful attack in Crunch, but Gary wasn’t sure how much longer that would last. And while the Gyarados’ likely possessed a wide array of ranged attacks, the real danger was fighting it in close combat. It was time to shift the strategy. Just maybe, if Kratos could keep the Gyarados at a distance things might turn in his favor.

“Alright Kratos, I’ve got it!” Gary announced as an idea popped into his head. It was a strategy he had never tried before, but he was willing to give it a chance. “In order to make this work, we’ve got to neutralize their Dark typing first! Soak Gyarados to turn it into a pure Water type. Once that’s done, stay back and disorient it with a Confuse Ray! After that, it’s time to make use of your psychic abilities. Hit it with your most powerful Synchronoise!” As Gary called out the plan, Kratos silently got to his feet and nodded. He shook off some of the dirt from the rubble and stared at the Gyarados, a fierce determination in his eyes.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #377
Lil'twick
Myth Breaker
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,871
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Tate:

The Smeargle watches with awe as you set up the game. Paint cans arranged in a simple fashion, of Red, Blue, and Yellow. The three primary colors. There was nothing like using the basics, especially if you wanted to confirm your suspicions. You first had Pena play, and after he identified the right color to the stone you had, you gave him a berry. The Smeargle looked at the two of you, quite happy and seeming to understand the game. It looked at you expectantly, waiting for its own turn. Rummaging through your bag, you pull out a water stone and ask the Smeargle to point to the can the color matched.

The Smeargle looked at the stone, and then the can, and then once again at the stone. After a minute or so, the beagle made its decision, and pointed towards the yellow can. The very same can Pena pointed at. It looked at you expectantly, hoping it was right. It wasn't, obviously, but you didn't have the heart to tell the Pokemon it was wrong. You gave the Smeargle a berry, and it started to happily munch on it. Pena gave you a side glance, but didn't push you any further.

You watched as the two Pokemon started to converse. You could tell that Pena wanted to tell the Smeargle it was wrong, but the way the Smeargle was so enthusiastic it got the 'right' answer made the Tyrogue hesitate as well. At least you had a confirmation to what you were thinking. Now it was figuring out what to do next. It felt that the Smeargle didn't know, as made obvious by its attitude. It was happy right now... Probably an emotion a resident of Bedlam Ridge rarely felt. You couldn't just crush it, could you?

What do you do?
__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #378
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Meetan- After discussing the right course of action with Terry and Janie, you decided that it would be wise to pursue David, in case he found himself in more trouble than he could handle. Not wanting to waste anymore time, your smaller party rushes off in pursuit of the emotional young trainer. The first few minutes are along a familiar path as Terry leads you back the way you came, weaving through the streets you hope that you can get to David on time. Jasper rushes ahead of you, running alongside Terry he seems oddly eager to find the boy.

"I'm sure it is around here somewhere", puffs Terry as he stops to catch his breath and bearings. While David huffs with his hands on his hips, Janie looks around with a confused look on her face.

"Um Terry, I don't think this is the right place, doesn't David live a couple of blocks down?" Janie smiles as Terry slaps his own head, frustrated that he could make such a simple mistake.

"Arceus damn it", mumbles Terry as he turns the corner and continues to lead you towards your desired destination. Rushing down the street, Terry eventually turns down a street before slamming on the brakes and coming to a quick stop. Jasper comes to a halt as well, you understand why as you turn the corner and join them. Standing further up the street was David, a wicked, somewhat sinister smile on his face. His cheeks were still wet with tears but it seemed he was in much better spirits. Perhaps it had something to do with the Bisharp that was getting beaten and bruised by the bone of David's Marowak? The Steel type Pokemon's body was covered in dents, some of its blades were chipped and broken. You recognise the Bisharp's trainer as well, it was David's brother, Gary. although he had his back to you, you could see the frustration in his body language. With one final Bone Club, David's Marowak puts an end to the Bisharp, sending it crashing to the ground, unconscious.

"You fucking twerp!" Gary shouts at his brother as he recalls his beaten Bisharp into a Dusk Ball. "You'll regret that you little prick, I'm with the Ribs remember!"

David was laughing as he walked up to join his Marowak, his eyes locked on his brother. "Who is the wimp now brother? Do you think your friends will help you because you got beaten by your little brother?" David spoke with a confidence you hadn't witnessed, it was as if he had beaten all of the demons that haunted him and he was finally becoming his true self. "You go live with your friends now, I'm the strongest, I get the house."

"No fucking way are you getting the house", Gary strides forward, fist cocked. He doesn't take more than a few steps before Marowak steps in front of David, barring his way and causing Gary to come to a stop. "You won't get away with this, I'll be back!" Gary turns and storms off, shouldering through your group as he heads off towards the Ribs side of town.

Terry and Janie rush over to David, who still has a massive smile on his face. "Glad you could make it in time to see the finish", David laughs, "party at my house, invite all of our friends." Terry and Janie smile, nodding they rush off to collect everybody else. Now alone with David, the young boy offers his thanks once more. "Thank you so much Alice, without you their is no way I could have stood up to my brother, I owe you everything! You'll stay for the party right? It wouldn't be the same without you."



Sandaa- With Kratos feeling the strength of his boosts, you knew it was time to push the Gyarados to its limits. Before Jasmine can react, Kratos sprays a deluge of water at the Mega Gyarados. The strange properties of the water have an odd effect on the Mega Pokemon's typing, essentially purifying him and rendering him a pure Water type for the time being.

"Ah a clever strategy I must admit", Jasmine gives you a smile, causing your cheeks to redden slightly. "Gwen, give them a Thunder Wave and then a Snarl, after that blow them back with a Dragon Rage!" The Gyarados roars as electricity crackles in her mouth. Gwen belches tendrils of electricity that reach out and ensnare Kratos, racking his body with paralysis. Forced to his knees, the Golduck cries out as his gem lets out a startling ray of light. Gwen is left reeling as her eyes are stunned by the Confuse Ray, she splashes and smashes around, completely confused. Kratos rises to his feet, paralyzed but not as badly as he could have been. As Gwen struggles with her confused state, she lets out a spine tingling Snarl. The wide spread way of Dark energy still manages to strike Kratos, reducing his special attack while dealing a nasty blow.

Concentrating, Kratos begins to glow, his body shaking as he begins to focus on himself. With a thrust of his hands he sends a wall of psychic energy surging forward. The wall passes over the rocks, leaving them unscathed while it pushes a growing wave of water as it closes in on Gwen. The Gyarados is unable to avoid the attack as it slams into her, causing her to roar in pain. In her rage she bellows a lance of dragon fire, but the attack manages to hit herself instead of Kratos. The Mega Gyarados begins to slump down in the water, she was getting weaker. Kratos wasn't looking too much better, struggling with paralysis but filled with an unparalleled determination.

"Don't give up Gwen!" Jasmine shouts, aware that her Pokemon is on the brink of defeat. "Brutul Swing, then finish them with Zap Cannon!"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:39 AM   #379
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Bedlam Quarry (Neutral): Hotly contested by both the Marshals and the Ribs, the Goldenridge Quarry is the source of the gold and minerals that gave life to the town, and as such is highly valued as a source of funding for all groups. Found in the north-east, the open-cast mine goes deep into the mountainside, and there are still riches to be found as long as one is careful given the turmoil within. The miners have since fled, with only the foolhardiest and toughest remaining to maintain the machinery and extract minerals. The mountainous terrain is a haven to pokemon who enjoy the rocky locale, and there have been sightings of greedy pokemon too. Reply in Beige.
Big breathes deeply as he looks around the entrance of the mine as he sits behind a rock, hoping not to be spotted by either group of gang members that might happen to be hanging around. "I don't know how you talked me into this." Big mutters quietly, the only ones able to hear him his Swinub Elsa who is sitting at his feet looking up at the worried trainer curiously and the Zubat perched on his shoulder known as Alucard. "I'm telling ya man," The zubat drawls out, "I used to hang out here all the time, if you are looking to catch new pokemon this is the place." Alucard says making a big toothy grin. "That grin is never any more reassuring..." Elsa says flatly, casting doubt up at the zubat though Big is unable to understand her words. "Oh come on Your Majesty" He replies with heavy sarcasm on the last two words. "Don't you have any faith in me at all?" "Not really considering you just joined us." Big sighs. "Come on guys let's try to get along." He says. "I brought you two out for a reason, Elsa you are at home on a mountain and Alucard you can help us navigate the cave if it gets too dark, plus you need to start building up back your strength." The poison type chuckles. "Ah that's right, the other reason we came to this city. #lifehack." He says folding his wings back like he's going to put them behind his head but remembers they are wings and not arms and lets out a sigh before righting himself. "Let's get going then, and remember what pokemon we are looking for." He says and stands up to head into the quarry itself.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #380
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 476
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Patches- Mio had done her best to decipher the clues that had been left for you, but in the end it turned out to be fruitless as you decide to head through and entirely different door. It gives no resistance, swinging straight open to reveal a dark room, slightly illuminated by some luminescent mushrooms. The floor is covered with a thick coating of grass, providing a soft terrain. Mio quickly rushes between your legs, clearly disappointed that you didn't listen to her. She perks up her ears as she looks around the room, something seemed off. The Pikachu padded around the room, nose the ground it looked as if she could smell something.

Mio was intent on locating something in the room, but from what you could tell the room was empty. All of a sudden the Pikachu makes a beeline for the largest luminescent Mushroom. Her nose twitched as she began to sniff the mushroom, then suddenly, chuckling began to fill the room. Mio sprung backwards, startled first by the sound and then by the sight as the mushroom sprouted arms and legs. You find yourself staring at a rather blank, alien-like face. Spores wafted from the uncovered Shiinotic, it seems you weren't alone in here after all! The illuminating Pokemon immediately ingrained itself into the ground before pointing its long fingers at Mio. Glowing green tendrils stretch from its finger tips and wrap around the Pikachu, immediately draining her vitality. It seems you had walked into a bit of a trap....
Patches was in awe as they entered the room. The Grassy Terrain was beautiful to her, so beautiful that she of course didn’t even notice that Mio had wandered off into the room on her own. Or maybe it was Patches that had wandered away from Mio? Either way, Mio was not prepared for what was to come next. The Shiinotic that had revealed itself was also beautiful in its own way and that had grabbed Patches attention. “Oh, are you a Pokemon?” She spoke to it, but it didn’t seem to acknowledge her. It was more focused on Mio who still had her back turned at this point. Before she knew what was coming, Mio found herself wrapped up in the Pokemon’s tendrils.

It was at that moment that a pokeball that was inside of Patches’ bag burst open and in the next instant, a Sneasel’s head poked out of the top of the bag before it leaped out and into the room. “Oh! Sir Tibs…?” The sudden appearance briefly startled Patches but it also made it so that she noticed Mio. “Mio? What are you doing?” Mio rolled her eyes, at both Patches and Sir Tibs the Sneasel. She knew she shouldn’t complain, since she knew that Sir Tibs was going to rescue her, but she was annoyed. She knew that Sir Tibs was constantly in search of a damsel in distress and that the only reason he would burst out of his ball like that would be because right now, he considers her to have filled that role. She sighs, and watches as the rest of this plays out.

“Snea Snea!!” Sir Tibs puffs out his chest and boldly sticks his arm out in front of him as if he were presenting a sword in order to Taunt the Siinotic. In the next moment, he acts on his own in order to save the damsel. He charges in, determined to sever the vines that were holding Mio with his Fury Swipes, then he was going to take on the offending evildoer directly by blowing a powerful Icy Wind in its direction. He was going to show that thing that he was its real target.
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #381
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Meetan- After discussing the right course of action with Terry and Janie, you decided that it would be wise to pursue David, in case he found himself in more trouble than he could handle. Not wanting to waste anymore time, your smaller party rushes off in pursuit of the emotional young trainer. The first few minutes are along a familiar path as Terry leads you back the way you came, weaving through the streets you hope that you can get to David on time. Jasper rushes ahead of you, running alongside Terry he seems oddly eager to find the boy.

"I'm sure it is around here somewhere", puffs Terry as he stops to catch his breath and bearings. While David huffs with his hands on his hips, Janie looks around with a confused look on her face.

"Um Terry, I don't think this is the right place, doesn't David live a couple of blocks down?" Janie smiles as Terry slaps his own head, frustrated that he could make such a simple mistake.

"Arceus damn it", mumbles Terry as he turns the corner and continues to lead you towards your desired destination. Rushing down the street, Terry eventually turns down a street before slamming on the brakes and coming to a quick stop. Jasper comes to a halt as well, you understand why as you turn the corner and join them. Standing further up the street was David, a wicked, somewhat sinister smile on his face. His cheeks were still wet with tears but it seemed he was in much better spirits. Perhaps it had something to do with the Bisharp that was getting beaten and bruised by the bone of David's Marowak? The Steel type Pokemon's body was covered in dents, some of its blades were chipped and broken. You recognise the Bisharp's trainer as well, it was David's brother, Gary. although he had his back to you, you could see the frustration in his body language. With one final Bone Club, David's Marowak puts an end to the Bisharp, sending it crashing to the ground, unconscious.

"You fucking twerp!" Gary shouts at his brother as he recalls his beaten Bisharp into a Dusk Ball. "You'll regret that you little prick, I'm with the Ribs remember!"

David was laughing as he walked up to join his Marowak, his eyes locked on his brother. "Who is the wimp now brother? Do you think your friends will help you because you got beaten by your little brother?" David spoke with a confidence you hadn't witnessed, it was as if he had beaten all of the demons that haunted him and he was finally becoming his true self. "You go live with your friends now, I'm the strongest, I get the house."

"No fucking way are you getting the house", Gary strides forward, fist cocked. He doesn't take more than a few steps before Marowak steps in front of David, barring his way and causing Gary to come to a stop. "You won't get away with this, I'll be back!" Gary turns and storms off, shouldering through your group as he heads off towards the Ribs side of town.

Terry and Janie rush over to David, who still has a massive smile on his face. "Glad you could make it in time to see the finish", David laughs, "party at my house, invite all of our friends." Terry and Janie smile, nodding they rush off to collect everybody else. Now alone with David, the young boy offers his thanks once more. "Thank you so much Alice, without you their is no way I could have stood up to my brother, I owe you everything! You'll stay for the party right? It wouldn't be the same without you."
These kids had a lot more agility in them than Alice did, but she did her best to keep up. She really needed to evolve one of her Pokemon to deliver her, or she could just whip out Axel, but figured constant teleport-hopping would probably lead to her feeling super sick. Thankfully Alice didn't lose her guides, helped by the fact that Terry had to stop and figure things out a bit. The blip in geography doesn't stop them getting to David to witness the finale, which is brutal enough to make the blonde flinch and cringe more than once.

Alice had generally been under the impression that unless the enemy was seriously jacked, the hides of steel types were pretty hardy. Either she was wrong or the Cubone that David had captured was in the top percentage because now-Marowak was absolutely wrecking it. The Bisharp was in an awful state, and Alice's teeth clenched and shoulders hunched as the final blows were delivered and Gary's Pokemon dropped to the ground. Alice was worried David might set the unnamed (???) creature on his sibling, but the most that happened was Marowak stepping up protectively. Good, that was what Alice hoped for (although if Gary had actually tried anything, the woman was unsure she'd be able to judge if Marowak clubbed the fuck out of him in return).

"Yeah, me too." Alice agreed after Gary had fled. The party was a good plan in theory, but she was unsure of its execution. Sure, an actual gang helping Gary out because he lost seemed laughable, but the boy had to have some friends who would help him out. Furthermore, if bad people learned off the Marowak's power they would definitely fight dirty to steal it from him. With David a new trainer, he would be at a disadvantage in a scramble, especially if he were outnumbered and Alice doubted that Terry's Mudkip would do much to even the odds if he were stolen by a boy without a Pokemon to begin with. "Yeah, I'll totally come with you. Someone needs to be a bouncer and chaperone after all. No alcohol without an ID, music below a certain level and party's over at bedtime and all that. Still wanna invite me?" She added teasingly, Lorin chuckling at his owner's wry humour.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #382
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
They say it's thicker than water...

Marshal's Headquarters

Maskerade
: While the state of the man leaves you perhaps a little taken aback, you nevertheless remain composed as Slice and Tremor listen to your orders as you declare your intentions to bring him along, with instructions not to falter. Vega backs up your statement as the pair gulp nervously, before slowly shifting as they raise the unconscious man off the ground and start as you release your Ninjask, Betelgeuse obeying your orders and zipping off faster than the eye can blink. While the Drilbur's waddling and the Combusken's striding steps initially cause strain on the man, after a couple of minutes the avian, with the 'friendly support' of the menacing Seviper, keeps at a pace he's comfortable with as your motley crew weaves through the streets.

After about fifteen minutes, you catch sight of the first outpost, Betelgeuse reporting frequently and delivering the news of safety during the travels. The outpost itself isn't much to see, a large concrete yard with walls as tall as Vega is long, and a couple of granite buildings within. As one of the Marshals outside spots you, they approach and upon seeing the man, shakes his head.

"Another one...that's the seventh one in this state we've had this week," he sighs before pulling a walkie-talkie out and requesting assistance. A couple of minutes later a couple more marshals, accompanied by an Audino race out with a stretcher, and handle the injured man in. "Thanks for bringing him here, civilian, but there's not much more you can...oh?"

Before he can continue, the marshal notices Slice and Tremor, the former shaking his tired arms while the latter wobbles around trying to reorient himself, as well as their badges, and the man gives a wry smile. "Ah, I see...you must be the, ahem, eloquent fellow Sarge was on about. These two have tried the patience of many a man and woman, that you actually managed to get them here without much property damage is surprising...anyway, training."

Following the marshal into the yard, you and the crew are brought to a set of blocks roughly clumped into a sizable mound, and a small machine that seems to be off with a pair of small plates attached by wires. "Right, so as marshal pokemon these two are expected to be able to provide search-and-rescue support. Under this pile of bricks is a dummy that represents someone." He pauses to take a breath, before raising hands in front of him. "Picture the scenario: a recent explosion has trapped a man, who is injured under rubble. Without immediate aid, he will certainly perish. As proxy officer your role will be to direct his rescue and recovery to ensure he won't succumb to his wounds, or the dwindling air supply. The machine here's a basic communicator, but the explosion's also knocked it out! You'll have to find a way to power it up to radio in support."

The instructions are simple enough when he points a finger to his wrist, before raising three fingers. "While the trainee pokemon are expected to do much of the work, you may have your other pokemon help out in whatever way you can think of. Either way, you'll have to work quick with your commands and strategy, as the man only has three minutes before he permanently loses consciousness! When you're ready, I'll start the timer."

The first task is simple enough, and as Slice and Tremor look at the pile of debris as tall as you are, the pair are evidently nervous. Polaris, Vega and Betelgeuse stand by, as your challenge is laid before you.


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Being confronted with human remains is enough to unnerve anyone, let alone remains that have yet to decay. As Meowth squeaks in horror, your reaction is enough to draw Andromeda's attention, the tiring Starmie offering her services once more to scan for danger. Reluctant as you are, you allow her to scan before entering, with the promise of rest afterwards. A tense minute passes as the core of the mysterious pokemon pulses and glows, before her verdict comes through, extinguishing what hopes you had of survivors: there is nothing alive in there.

"No...nothing? How...how bad is it?" Amanda whispers, trembling as she holds herself, to which Andromeda replies with something of interest: the remains are fresh, which means the Vanguard were likely wiped out only a few moments ago. She also confirms there is no danger, but regardless, is grateful as you recall her to her ball, her steady use of psychic ability over an extended period much like a lengthy power walk. Andromeda gains 2 levels!

Swallowing dryly, you slowly make your way into the base, and it is then that the true scale of the massacre hits you. The rest of Bryan lies scattered across the room, while over by the entrance to the cells Mike lies, slumped over, with several large perforations in his chest, like something stabbed him repeatedly. Over in the back, you find another two corpses, neither familiar to you, presumably Lee and Karl, whose bodies are stained with noxious toxins, and have been slightly melted from some sort of harsh acid.

Meowth understandably is even more shocked, but you and he very quickly jump to the same conclusion: this was the work of a dangerous poison pokemon, and almost certainly the Black Scarab, judging by the holes in Mike's chest. As your vision is drawn around you, it is at this point that Chespin and Amanda enter, the former having collected itself and retrieved tablet, though still shell shocked, while the woman can only hold her mouth as her eyes widen at the grisly sight before her.

"...oh my god..." she barely whispers, carefully making her way to you as her eyes start streaming again, and it's understandable. As Chespin shakily starts snapping images of the bloodshed on the tablet, you are alone with your thoughts as Amanda braves the horror with something that makes you think.

"K...Keith...how c-could it have run into Chespin...but also be here th-that quick...it wouldn't be th-that f-f-fast..."

"Correct..."

A male voice echoes from a doorway across the room, a voice too familiar to you as the figure leans through, fedora seated on head, hand grasping at a crimson patch on hip. Donovan.

"Can't say I'm not glad to see a familiar face after what just hap - ack! - happened..." the man beckons your group towards him, as Chespin gives a squeak of relief. "Sorry little guy...we've been had. Not long after you fell, Karl got a report of a sighting of the Scarab on the surface, and I went to - Ssss... - investigate. Nothing worth seeing, so I get back here through this passage behind me and what do I get but the Scarab barreling into me horn first. Had to feign death to survive...Hawkeye's in his ball right now."

"Can't believe it though...the guys, gone...damn it. I'd just got the means to capture it as well..." he winces, the wound clearly deep. "That's gonna leave a scar...but I got more regrets than that," he looks at Amanda. "Not sure why you had that Rocket mark, but from what records I got...mistakes were made, I'm sorry."

"I...I can forgive for now..." the woman whispers, still shaken.

"Keith... the Scarab can't have gone too far. Do me a solid and take it down for me and the guys, will ya? We'll catch up on you...but careful, that thing's no ordinary bug..."

Chespin pats your leg, looking at you with despondent but determined eyes, urging you to pursue the Scarab, while chirping that he can keep an eye on Donovan and Amanda while they follow in your footsteps, as Meowth translates. You've got a murderer to bring to justice.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #383
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Being confronted with human remains is enough to unnerve anyone, let alone remains that have yet to decay. As Meowth squeaks in horror, your reaction is enough to draw Andromeda's attention, the tiring Starmie offering her services once more to scan for danger. Reluctant as you are, you allow her to scan before entering, with the promise of rest afterwards. A tense minute passes as the core of the mysterious pokemon pulses and glows, before her verdict comes through, extinguishing what hopes you had of survivors: there is nothing alive in there.

"No...nothing? How...how bad is it?" Amanda whispers, trembling as she holds herself, to which Andromeda replies with something of interest: the remains are fresh, which means the Vanguard were likely wiped out only a few moments ago. She also confirms there is no danger, but regardless, is grateful as you recall her to her ball, her steady use of psychic ability over an extended period much like a lengthy power walk. Andromeda gains 2 levels!

Swallowing dryly, you slowly make your way into the base, and it is then that the true scale of the massacre hits you. The rest of Bryan lies scattered across the room, while over by the entrance to the cells Mike lies, slumped over, with several large perforations in his chest, like something stabbed him repeatedly. Over in the back, you find another two corpses, neither familiar to you, presumably Lee and Karl, whose bodies are stained with noxious toxins, and have been slightly melted from some sort of harsh acid.

Meowth understandably is even more shocked, but you and he very quickly jump to the same conclusion: this was the work of a dangerous poison pokemon, and almost certainly the Black Scarab, judging by the holes in Mike's chest. As your vision is drawn around you, it is at this point that Chespin and Amanda enter, the former having collected itself and retrieved tablet, though still shell shocked, while the woman can only hold her mouth as her eyes widen at the grisly sight before her.

"...oh my god..." she barely whispers, carefully making her way to you as her eyes start streaming again, and it's understandable. As Chespin shakily starts snapping images of the bloodshed on the tablet, you are alone with your thoughts as Amanda braves the horror with something that makes you think.

"K...Keith...how c-could it have run into Chespin...but also be here th-that quick...it wouldn't be th-that f-f-fast..."

"Correct..."

A male voice echoes from a doorway across the room, a voice too familiar to you as the figure leans through, fedora seated on head, hand grasping at a crimson patch on hip. Donovan.

"Can't say I'm not glad to see a familiar face after what just hap - ack! - happened..." the man beckons your group towards him, as Chespin gives a squeak of relief. "Sorry little guy...we've been had. Not long after you fell, Karl got a report of a sighting of the Scarab on the surface, and I went to - Ssss... - investigate. Nothing worth seeing, so I get back here through this passage behind me and what do I get but the Scarab barreling into me horn first. Had to feign death to survive...Hawkeye's in his ball right now."

"Can't believe it though...the guys, gone...damn it. I'd just got the means to capture it as well..." he winces, the wound clearly deep. "That's gonna leave a scar...but I got more regrets than that," he looks at Amanda. "Not sure why you had that Rocket mark, but from what records I got...mistakes were made, I'm sorry."

"I...I can forgive for now..." the woman whispers, still shaken.

"Keith... the Scarab can't have gone too far. Do me a solid and take it down for me and the guys, will ya? We'll catch up on you...but careful, that thing's no ordinary bug..."

Chespin pats your leg, looking at you with despondent but determined eyes, urging you to pursue the Scarab, while chirping that he can keep an eye on Donovan and Amanda while they follow in your footsteps, as Meowth translates. You've got a murderer to bring to justice.
The atmosphere was tense as Andromeda proceeded to scan the area. The next minute was the longest hour of Keith's life. But finally, the Starmie's telepathic voice sounded; Nothing, said Andromeda. There is nothing alive in there.

On the one hand, this told Keith that whatever was responsible for this was no longer present. But on the other hand, this meant no survivors. Not a happy thought, to put it mildly. Indeed, Amanda was trembling as she asked Andromeda how bad it was.

Quite bad, I'm afraid, the Starmie responded. The remains... appear to be fresh. This could not have happened more than a few minutes ago. There is, however, no present danger, she added, seemingly desperate to find some sort of silver lining here.

"Right," Keith nodded. "Andromeda, thank you," he added. "You've been a huge help, and you've more than earned a good rest." As he spoke, he took the Psychic Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "Andromeda, return," he stated, holding out the purple sphere, withdrawing the Starmie back into its spherical confines.

Following this, Keith led the way inside, and immediately found himself wishing he was back outside. Death was all around them. Brian was in pieces. Mike had been repeatedly skewered by something long and sharp. Two unfamiliar corpses, likely Lee and Karl, were stained with poison and somewhat melted by a harsh acid of some sort.

"...Dis had ta be da work of-" began Meowth weakly.

"A Poison-type," Keith finished, nodding gravely. "And a well-trained one, at that. And those holes in Mike... Meowth, those came from a Scolipede, I'm sure of it.

"Da Black Scarab..." Meowth responded.

At this moment, Amanda and Chespin followed Keith inside, both of them horrified at the grisly sight what awaited them. And just as Amanda questioned how it could have run into Chespin and then attacked the Vanguard in such a short time span, another voice spoke up in response- it was Donovan! Keith winced as he noticed the obvious and most certainly deep wound in his side. Donovan explained that after Keith had fallen, the Vanguard got word of a Scarab sighting on the surface. He investigated, finding nothing... until he turned around to go back and got rammed by the Black Scarab. He had to fake his death in order to survive.

And now... now it fell to Keith to pursue the Black Scarab. General consensus was that the Scarab couldn't have gotten too far, so there was an opportunity here. And before Keith could say anything, he felt something patting his leg. He looked down to see the look Chespin was giving him. He nodded, understanding the look. "It's not gonna get away with what it did," Keith promised. "I'll make sure of that." And he turned back to Donovan. "Just need two things, Donovan. First off, just point me in the right direction. And second, you mentioned you got the means to capture it? I'll take any help I can get. In fact, speaking of which," he added, holding up the Poké Ball he'd been clutching since back outside. "If there's one Pokémon I can count on for help against a powerful opponent, it'd be this one." And with that, he opened the Poké Ball, sending out none other than Gemini and Mustard, his trusty Weezing.

"Weezing weez," groaned Gemini and Mustard simultaneously.

"Gemini, Mustard," Keith said, addressing both of the Weezing's heads. "We're gonna be going after a very dangerous opponent- a murderous Scolipede who apparently is very easy to mistake Salazar for. By all accounts, it's nothing to take lightly, so I'll be relying on you guys here."

The Weezing nodded. "Weez," both heads responded determinedly. At which point Keith turned back to Donovan, ready to get going just as soon as he got the information he needed.


*Andromeda grew to level 30!*

*Andromeda grew to level 31!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #384
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You decide to go to the quarry which is usually seen as neutral territory between the two gang members. Your choice was that you needed to add some new Pokemon to your team. In order to go into the quarry itself, you need either need to take an elevator or slide down the cliff. You do hear some commotion in the hole. Perhaps it's some machinery drilling up the precious stones, or something else, it's hard to say, especially from this massive height.

Once you reach the bottom before it branches off into the caves underground, you are met with a fight broken out. You find three guys dressed up in what could be described as punk kid clothing staring down a much more sophisticatedly dressed individual wearing what appears to be a leather jacket with a red R slashed through it. He is very well built, well kept. His black hair completely combed down contrasted the messier multi-colored hair the punks had. The three are very obviously part of the Ribs gang, whereas the better kept one through process of elimination is possibly one of the Shells.

“You can’t beat us, King,” one of the punks say. “Not so long as we got the advantage.”

“Yeah, it’s three on one! We’re gonna cream your crop!” says the middle one.

“Hmph,” the large man smirked. “We’ll see about that.” He pulls out a Pokeball to reveal a Dusclops. It stares down its competition menacingly. You can feel the power that this Pokemon has over the rest of the field. Whoever this guy is, he is no amateur trainer, that alone you can tell just from how his one-eyed ghost presents itself. He is not even bothering with

Two of the Ribs pulled out their own pokeballs with a Woobat and an Elekid. The third one is about to throw out his own Pokemon when he notices you and says, “Hey guys, he has some backup. Big, tough King needs some help from a kid. I’ll go say hello to our new mutual friend.”

He runs up to you and gets a good look. “Well well well, look at you. Fresh outta diapers and you think you can take on big ol’ bad Ribs. When I’m done with you, you’re gonna be weepin’ harder than a Bonsly.” He sends an Alolan Rattata your way. “Ratso, take out the garbage and I’ll give ya a big treat. Use your Tail Whip. Follow it with Focus Energy, finally Quick Attack."

“RATTATAAAA!” it yells. It stands on both its legs apparently ready to pounce any prey that comes its way.

Like it or not, it seems like you’re going to be dragged into this fight, while your unofficial ally will have to fight two of these guys. What Will You Do?
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 01-14-2018 at 06:17 PM.
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:34 AM   #385
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With Kratos feeling the strength of his boosts, you knew it was time to push the Gyarados to its limits. Before Jasmine can react, Kratos sprays a deluge of water at the Mega Gyarados. The strange properties of the water have an odd effect on the Mega Pokemon's typing, essentially purifying him and rendering him a pure Water type for the time being.

"Ah a clever strategy I must admit", Jasmine gives you a smile, causing your cheeks to redden slightly. "Gwen, give them a Thunder Wave and then a Snarl, after that blow them back with a Dragon Rage!" The Gyarados roars as electricity crackles in her mouth. Gwen belches tendrils of electricity that reach out and ensnare Kratos, racking his body with paralysis. Forced to his knees, the Golduck cries out as his gem lets out a startling ray of light. Gwen is left reeling as her eyes are stunned by the Confuse Ray, she splashes and smashes around, completely confused. Kratos rises to his feet, paralyzed but not as badly as he could have been. As Gwen struggles with her confused state, she lets out a spine tingling Snarl. The wide spread way of Dark energy still manages to strike Kratos, reducing his special attack while dealing a nasty blow.

Concentrating, Kratos begins to glow, his body shaking as he begins to focus on himself. With a thrust of his hands he sends a wall of psychic energy surging forward. The wall passes over the rocks, leaving them unscathed while it pushes a growing wave of water as it closes in on Gwen. The Gyarados is unable to avoid the attack as it slams into her, causing her to roar in pain. In her rage she bellows a lance of dragon fire, but the attack manages to hit herself instead of Kratos. The Mega Gyarados begins to slump down in the water, she was getting weaker. Kratos wasn't looking too much better, struggling with paralysis but filled with an unparalleled determination.

"Don't give up Gwen!" Jasmine shouts, aware that her Pokemon is on the brink of defeat. "Brutul Swing, then finish them with Zap Cannon!"
Gary watched as Kratos continued to exchange blows with the mighty Mega Gyarados, as both Pokemon had taken quite the beating. As Kratos struggled to get to his feet, joints locked up in paralysis, Gwen the Gyarados slumped in the water, barely hanging on. Jasmine called out words of encouragement to her Pokemon, and offered up a last resort strategy to finish the battle in one powerful go. If Gary wanted Kratos to make it through this, he would have to think fast and come up with a way to stop it.

Kratos was still on his knees, struggling to stand up fully as his body refused to listen to him. His mind was determined to make it happen however, as Gary could see in the Golduck’s expression. Getting rid of that paralysis was going to have to take priority if Kratos had any chance of not getting hit by the Zap Cannon. However, that would mean that Kratos would likely be left open to the Gyarados’ Brutal Swing. It was a gamble Gary and Kratos were going to have to take.

“Kratos, I’ve got a plan. Things might get rough though, so I need you to brace yourself and hang on tight. Can you do that?” Gary watched as Kratos slowly nodded, his determination as strong as ever. “Okay then, start by Refreshing yourself of any afflictions and brace for impact! Then I want you to quickly intercept their Zap Cannon by cutting in front with another Me First! If you’re both still standing after that, finish it off with a Dynamic Punch!” Gary bit his lip and hoped for the best; that was all he could do at this point.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #386
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Patches- With Mio suddenly being ensnared by a camouflaged Shiinotic, Sir Tibs bursts out of his ball heroically, determined to free the distressed Damsel. The brave Sneasel readies himself, he begins to goad and taunt the strange mushroom Pokemon. The Shiinotic grumbles with anger, how dare Sir Tibs, an honorable hero make such startling accusations about its mother. The Dark type doesn't stop their however, he quickly rushes to Mio's side, swiping furiously at the tendrils that ensnare her. The sharp claws of the Sneasel slice through the tendrils, freeing Mio who retreats back to your side, clearing the way for Sir Tibs to fight the Shiinotic without her getting in his way. Annoyed by the Sneasel's interference, the Grass type's natural luminescence intensifies, letting out a blinding flash that leaves Sir Tibs dazed as you find yourself covering your eyes.

As the light fades, Sir Tibs finds his vision slightly blurred, however he could still manage to see the Grass type fairly well. Taking a deep breath he exhales are chilling Icy Wind, causing the Shiinotic to shiver in pain. Sir Tibs seems to be doing fairly well in the fight, but then a creepy smile spreads across the Shiinotic's face. Raising its hands, the Shiinotic begins to form clouds that quickly spread out along the ceiling. The clouds quickly darken, turning a smokey grey before they burst open, letting out a steady deluge of rain. The Shiinotic grins as it absorbs the rain, using it in conjunction with terrain and its roots to recover the majority of the health it had lost. Too make matters worse, the Shiinotic seems to be going through some Growth, becoming larger and more threatening than before.

Mio looks up to you with concern. The Shiinotic seemed to be a master of healing itself, possessing a myriad of ways to heal away any damage it took. How was Sir Tibs going to overcome this before the Shiinotic managed to wear him down?



Meetan- You gratefully accept the invitation to join the house party, setting a few rules in the process. David laughs, unsure if you're being serious or not, but glad that you will stay and celebrate with him. He withdraws his Marowak into its Pokeball and leads you into the old double story townhouse. The first thing you notice is the lock on the door is busted, not exactly safe. There isn't much on the ground floor, a small kitchen and tiny bedroom are all you see before the boy leads you up the stairs. The wooden boards creak under your feet, Jasper follows you upstairs while Lorin wriggles around in your arms, trying to get a good look at the house. You eventually reach the top of the creaking stairs and find that the second level is much more spacious. A couple of couches are sprawled out around the open space living room, while an old tv sits on a cabinet on the far wall. A low table rests between the couches, littered with empty beer bottles and chip packets.

"Oh excuse the mess, my brother was a bit of a pig", David gives you a quick tour, pointing out another bedroom upstairs, as well as the bathroom. It isn't long before the rest of the kids show up, one kid brings a CD player with him and before long the house is shaking with music. Some of the kids brought snacks and drinks with them. You spot one kid that is a little older produce a couple of beers which you quickly confiscate, the last thing you needed to deal with was some drunk kids. It isn't long before the sun sets, the kids pay it little mind, intent on partying and enjoying themselves. Jasper seems to be having a rather horrid time, the Sableye not fond of all the music and activity while Lorin doesn't seem to mind the tunes. As the night wears on, some of the kids depart until only David, Terry and Janie. With the music off, the trio seem happy to just relax and talk, David and Terry let their Pokemon out of their balls so they can relax as well. While they are busy talking, you hear a noise coming from outside, voices.....

Everything happens so quickly, you all dive behind the couches as bullets cut through the house. The bullets seem to storm the house for minutes before stopping, sending the house into an eerie silence. Still unsure if it was safe, David rushes downstairs, his Marowak closely behind him. You quickly look around to make sure everyone is okay. Lorin and Jasper are fine, the same can be said for Terry, his Mudkip and Janie, although the kids seem frozen by fear. With David rushing towards danger once more, you had to decide what your next action would be.


Sandaa- With the battle drawing to a close, you realize it is an all or nothing moment. If Kratos didn't fight back now, he would surely fall to the Gyarados and likely never overcome his hatred of the species. Not giving the Golduck a moment to prepare himself, Gwen swings her tail around with incredible force, striking the opposing water type with a brutal blow. Kratos is sent flying backwards, crashing into the water before rising to the surface, body aching. Concentrating, the Golduck begins to relax. His body glows green as he refreshes himself, his limbs loosen as he clears the paralysis from his body. Now free from the electrical torment, Kratos feels more energised, he might actually have a chance of winning. As Gwen's maw begins to crackle with electricity, Kratos does the same, intent on getting off the move first. Swimming in closer, the Golduck fires a crackling orb of electricity, which slowly shoots through the air towards the Mega Gyarados. Startled, Gwen fires her own Zap Cannon, causing the two orbs to collide and exploded. Tendrils of electricity shoot out in every direction, the explosions closer proximity to Gwen results in her taking a large amount of damage, while Kratos takes glancing hits from the wayward tendrils. As Gwen struggles to recover, Kratos surges through the water. He goes straight from a swim into a run, mounting a boulder before leaping into the air, fist raised. The Golduck seems to freeze in mid air, his fist glowing with intense energy. With one mighty swing he sends Gwen crashing down into the water, striking her square in the middle of the head with a Dynamic Punch. The Gyarados returns to her regular form as she passes out in the water, Jasmine quickly recalls her before she is dragged down stream by the powerful current.

Kratos gained 5 levels!

"Well it seems you have beaten us as well", Jasmine smiles, but you can sense a little disappointment in her tone. "You certainly are a capable trainer, however whether you possess the skill to wield a Mega Pokemon is yet to be decided. Keep making your way towards the summit, the battles will only get harder as you get closer to your goal." Jasmine tosses out another Pokeball, revealing a rather large Barbaracle. "Honcho, give our victors a bridge to cross", the Barbaracle nods, before slamming its two hands into the ground. Rock shoot up out of the water, creating a makeshift rock bridge for you to cross.
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 01-16-2018 at 03:04 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #387
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 476
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Patches- With Mio suddenly being ensnared by a camouflaged Shiinotic, Sir Tibs bursts out of his ball heroically, determined to free the distressed Damsel. The brave Sneasel readies himself, he begins to goad and taunt the strange mushroom Pokemon. The Shiinotic grumbles with anger, how dare Sir Tibs, an honorable hero make such startling accusations about its mother. The Dark type doesn't stop their however, he quickly rushes to Mio's side, swiping furiously at the tendrils that ensnare her. The sharp claws of the Sneasel slice through the tendrils, freeing Mio who retreats back to your side, clearing the way for Sir Tibs to fight the Shiinotic without her getting in his way. Annoyed by the Sneasel's interference, the Grass type's natural luminescence intensifies, letting out a blinding flash that leaves Sir Tibs dazed as you find yourself covering your eyes.

As the light fades, Sir Tibs finds his vision slightly blurred, however he could still manage to see the Grass type fairly well. Taking a deep breath he exhales are chilling Icy Wind, causing the Shiinotic to shiver in pain. Sir Tibs seems to be doing fairly well in the fight, but then a creepy smile spreads across the Shiinotic's face. Raising its hands, the Shiinotic begins to form clouds that quickly spread out along the ceiling. The clouds quickly darken, turning a smokey grey before they burst open, letting out a steady deluge of rain. The Shiinotic grins as it absorbs the rain, using it in conjunction with terrain and its roots to recover the majority of the health it had lost. Too make matters worse, the Shiinotic seems to be going through some Growth, becoming larger and more threatening than before.

Mio looks up to you with concern. The Shiinotic seemed to be a master of healing itself, possessing a myriad of ways to heal away any damage it took. How was Sir Tibs going to overcome this before the Shiinotic managed to wear him down?
Patches’ smile never left her face, even as she watched Sir Tibs throw insults at the Shiinotic. And not because she took pleasure in watching others be put down, but only because she wasn’t really listening anyway. With Mio back at her side, she continues to watch until she is forced to shield her eyes from a sudden blinding flash. Once the bright light fades, her eyes are sparkling in awe. “This place is so BEAUTIFUL~!”

While Patches is distracted by all of the natural beauty of her surroundings. Sir Tibs was focusing on the battle at hand. After telling the Shiinotic that its mother had inadequately cared for it as a child, he ended up with its full undivided attention, and rage. His vision may have now been a bit blurred but he couldn’t help but feel he would still be able to fulfill his knightly duty and dispense of his opponent post haste. He promptly blows his Icy Wind at the Shiinotic who, just as promptly, begins to heal itself. Sir Tibs grins, he can see that this is going to be a worthy adversary indeed. Puffing out his chest, Sir Tibs leaps into the rain himself, intending to Snatch away the nourishment that the Shiinotic was attempting to give itself. Once he has been revitalized, he would go ahead and give the Shiinotic double Ice Punches. Sir Tibs was loving every bit of this, his damsel was out of harm’s way and it was time for him to finish his heroic deed.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #388
Naruxami
A total disappointment
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Ribcage Mall

Naruxami: Heathens.

This city is crawling with the depraved. That good people continue to try to eek out a living in the remains of society is a testament to human perseverance, but also perhaps a mark of its futility. In Bedlam, no soul emerges untarnished.

You stand before a wretched have of scum and villainy -- or so you've been told. You've never actually been to this place; you've never met any of its denizens. The setting sun casts long shadows over the cars on bricks and colorful graffiti that litters the massive parking lot. There's so much debris that you find it difficult to avoid stepping on an errant piece of glass or twisted bit of wire. Brown bottles with torn labels sparkle like gemstones around a scorched trash can a few yards from the entrance. Alana doesn't like the feel of this place, but it's hard to give credence to the opinions of a creature whose very nature is paranoia. Still, as you step over a grubby syringe casually littered onto the sidewalk you have to ask yourself: why are you here? What do you hope will come from this?

This is no place for good people.

There's a board with the mall's operating hours on the inside of the glass door. How long had it been since it was relevant, and moreover, how had it endured so long in the hysteria? You tug on the door, and it gives, swinging open with a metallic squeak of the hinges that echoes through the atrium. The sound of fluttering wings lights up the air as somewhere above you -- probably on the roof -- a flock of something takes flight. Was that because of you?

The atrium seems deserted as you walk inside. Trash is strewn across what was once probably very nice tile. A dried-up fountain glows ethereally under a skylight. As far as you can tell, there is no electricity here, although this assumption is based solely on the darkened state of the shops that line the space. Once the sun sets, it can be expected that this area will go dark too -- or so you surmise.

On the opposite side of the atrium is a pair of escalators -- one going up, and one going down. They aren't moving, a fact which doesn't surprise you, but that doesn't really matter because what are broken escalators but stairs?

As you slowly cross the open space, you kick something that rattles hollowly as it skitters across the floor: a soda can. The sudden, unexpected sound is jarring, but less unsettling than when the exact same sound reverberates from inside one of the dark storefronts a few seconds later; too delayed to be a mere echo. Understandably, your head snaps to face the direction of the noise -- a quaint (or so it probably was before the graffiti and smashed windows) apparel store that appears to specialize in young women's clothing.

As you peer into the darkened store, determining if this is something you want -- or should -- look into, your attention is demanded elsewhere, however. From the corner of your eye you see a yellow flicker, and when you look, you realize that there is a faint light burning somewhere at the foot of the descending escalator. You don't have time to give it the consideration it deserves, though, because Alana alerts you to something else entirely: at the top of the ascending escalator, on the darkened mezzanine, it almost looks like something is moving.

What will you do?

Will was a good person, or at least he thought he was. However, he was drawn to negativity, he had been his whole life. He found a certain need to sniff out what was broken. A need to fix those that couldn't be fixed. This was how he always got hurt, it was like a child trying to hide the broken pieces of his mom's vase --- your hands would get cut on the bits of glass and ceramic. Maybe it was because he was broken, he never really figured it out. He always seemed to be at the center of others falling apart, he destroyed his father and then his relationships. As his most recent girlfriend had said, "The way I am isn't compatible. I wouldn't be good for you. You wouldn't be good for me." -- which was basically a nice way of saying "you're way to broken for me. I would not touch you with a ten foot pole."

As Will tugged on the door, him and Alana walked through. The mall was barren, trashed beyond belief, and you swore you could hear something fluttering from above you. The mall reminds you of those torn up landscapes you saw in the zombie movies you loved so dearly. A society destroyed by it's own hubris, collapsed under the weight of its sheer size and wealth. As he walked, he was startled by a loud noise as he kicked a metal can across the floor. His Sentret jumped in response, startled by the sudden and jarring noise. However, her head swiveled quickly as she heard the exact same noise coming from a different direction. Will's skin crawled, but he assured himself that it was just some sort of wild bird or creature that bumped another can.

Walking towards the noise, Will looks through the glass of the store he was sure the noise came from. If it was something interesting, he would be sure to look into it. He peered through the glass intently, trying to focus on any shadows that could have produced the noise.

"I'm sure it was... in here..." He murmured to himself, standing on the tips of his toes to get a better look. As he looked, some sort of light made the glass glare, causing him to curse to himself and look around. Although it didn't hit him right away, he realized strange lights probably were not a good thing, especially ones that were not there before. "What is th-" He was cut off by Alana tugging on his pant leg, hurriedly pointing towards the other broken escalator. It looks as though some sort of figure is moving, something that most certainly should not be there.

The question now became, what was more pressing? The noise he heard, the light, or the movement. As he thought to himself, he decided that that figure could actually be a danger. He looked down at Alana, the little Sentret was clinging to his pant leg, trembling in response to the over-stimulation around her.

"Don't worry Alana, we'll protect each other." Will smiled down at her, but this did nothing to reassure the small creature. God help her, she was going to die in a mall. Actually scratch that, she was going to die in a mall with William. Will moved towards the up escalator, intent on finding the source of that movement.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000

Last edited by Naruxami; 01-21-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #389
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With the battle drawing to a close, you realize it is an all or nothing moment. If Kratos didn't fight back now, he would surely fall to the Gyarados and likely never overcome his hatred of the species. Not giving the Golduck a moment to prepare himself, Gwen swings her tail around with incredible force, striking the opposing water type with a brutal blow. Kratos is sent flying backwards, crashing into the water before rising to the surface, body aching. Concentrating, the Golduck begins to relax. His body glows green as he refreshes himself, his limbs loosen as he clears the paralysis from his body. Now free from the electrical torment, Kratos feels more energised, he might actually have a chance of winning. As Gwen's maw begins to crackle with electricity, Kratos does the same, intent on getting off the move first. Swimming in closer, the Golduck fires a crackling orb of electricity, which slowly shoots through the air towards the Mega Gyarados. Startled, Gwen fires her own Zap Cannon, causing the two orbs to collide and exploded. Tendrils of electricity shoot out in every direction, the explosions closer proximity to Gwen results in her taking a large amount of damage, while Kratos takes glancing hits from the wayward tendrils. As Gwen struggles to recover, Kratos surges through the water. He goes straight from a swim into a run, mounting a boulder before leaping into the air, fist raised. The Golduck seems to freeze in mid air, his fist glowing with intense energy. With one mighty swing he sends Gwen crashing down into the water, striking her square in the middle of the head with a Dynamic Punch. The Gyarados returns to her regular form as she passes out in the water, Jasmine quickly recalls her before she is dragged down stream by the powerful current.

Kratos gained 5 levels!

"Well it seems you have beaten us as well", Jasmine smiles, but you can sense a little disappointment in her tone. "You certainly are a capable trainer, however whether you possess the skill to wield a Mega Pokemon is yet to be decided. Keep making your way towards the summit, the battles will only get harder as you get closer to your goal." Jasmine tosses out another Pokeball, revealing a rather large Barbaracle. "Honcho, give our victors a bridge to cross", the Barbaracle nods, before slamming its two hands into the ground. Rock shoot up out of the water, creating a makeshift rock bridge for you to cross.
It was an intense scene as Kratos fired off a powerful Zap Cannon to intercept Gwen’s, causing a giant explosion of electricity. Neither water Pokemon was unaffected by it, but Kratos seized the opportunity to charge at his mortal enemy and pulled his fist back. It seemed to glow with such intensity that Gary could feel its energy from a good distance away. Kratos unleased his Dynamic Punch, hitting the Gyarados square in the head and knocked it out cold as it got blown back. As the Gyarados reverted back to its regular form, it slumped in the water, completely unconscious. As Jasmine quickly recalled her Pokemon, Kratos fell down onto his hands and knees.

“You did it! Amazing job, Kratos!” Gary was overcome with joy as he could feel his own Pokemon’s sense of relief and pride. The Golduck let out a deep sigh as he sat down on the ground and leaned back, using his arms to keep himself propped up. As he closed his eyes, Gary could see this his expression was one at peace. Without opening his eyes, Kratos smiled as he acknowledged his trainer who ran over and rubbed him on the head. It was as if a burden that had hung over his head for years, constantly weighing him down, was finally lifted. Kratos opened his eyes and looked around the cave. For the first time in a long time, he finally felt free; finally able to put his trauma in behind him in the past.

Gary helped his Golduck to his feet as Jasmine congratulated them on a hard fought battle. She called forth a Barbaracle, a water Pokemon Gary wasn’t too familiar with. He was eager to stay and study it a little more, but he still had a long road of even harder battles yet ahead of him. He could tell Kratos was completely spent, so it was time to bring him back into his Pokeball. As he recalled Kratos, he smiled, “You deserve a long rest, buddy.” After thanking Jasmine and taking one last peek at the Barbaracle, Gary bid them farewell and slowly crossed the makeshift rock bridge to the other side of the cave. Where the path took him next, he was eager to find out.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #390
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Meetan- You gratefully accept the invitation to join the house party, setting a few rules in the process. David laughs, unsure if you're being serious or not, but glad that you will stay and celebrate with him. He withdraws his Marowak into its Pokeball and leads you into the old double story townhouse. The first thing you notice is the lock on the door is busted, not exactly safe. There isn't much on the ground floor, a small kitchen and tiny bedroom are all you see before the boy leads you up the stairs. The wooden boards creak under your feet, Jasper follows you upstairs while Lorin wriggles around in your arms, trying to get a good look at the house. You eventually reach the top of the creaking stairs and find that the second level is much more spacious. A couple of couches are sprawled out around the open space living room, while an old tv sits on a cabinet on the far wall. A low table rests between the couches, littered with empty beer bottles and chip packets.

"Oh excuse the mess, my brother was a bit of a pig", David gives you a quick tour, pointing out another bedroom upstairs, as well as the bathroom. It isn't long before the rest of the kids show up, one kid brings a CD player with him and before long the house is shaking with music. Some of the kids brought snacks and drinks with them. You spot one kid that is a little older produce a couple of beers which you quickly confiscate, the last thing you needed to deal with was some drunk kids. It isn't long before the sun sets, the kids pay it little mind, intent on partying and enjoying themselves. Jasper seems to be having a rather horrid time, the Sableye not fond of all the music and activity while Lorin doesn't seem to mind the tunes. As the night wears on, some of the kids depart until only David, Terry and Janie. With the music off, the trio seem happy to just relax and talk, David and Terry let their Pokemon out of their balls so they can relax as well. While they are busy talking, you hear a noise coming from outside, voices.....

Everything happens so quickly, you all dive behind the couches as bullets cut through the house. The bullets seem to storm the house for minutes before stopping, sending the house into an eerie silence. Still unsure if it was safe, David rushes downstairs, his Marowak closely behind him. You quickly look around to make sure everyone is okay. Lorin and Jasper are fine, the same can be said for Terry, his Mudkip and Janie, although the kids seem frozen by fear. With David rushing towards danger once more, you had to decide what your next action would be.
Seeing the broken lock on the townhouse door made Alice cringe. Given how unsafe this neighbourhood was and the kind of company Gary liked to keep, it wasn't at all reassuring. The house was big and the kind of place that would be lovely to grow up in if it was done up right and didn't have a human-pig living in it. Why was it that in Bedlam Ridge everything was hellish? She honestly didn't get why its better inhabitants didn't just up and evacuate. It seemed like they had little to nothing to begin with, so things could only get better if they just journeyed on. Plenty did. She had.

Jasper suffered, Lorin didn't and Alice complained that the kids hadn't tried smuggling in anything decent. She didn't drink beer, but supposed she could take it with her and maybe bribe someone who did along the line. Some of the kids laughed at her dance moves and acts of discipline, which varied from loud and scary scolding to tickling them into submission. Overall they were quite well behaved, and the ghost especially appreciated when only the small group remained with the music switched off. It was a lot more bearable. Jasper picked up on the noise outside before Alice did, and had alerted his trainer of something wrong before 'it' showered through the glass. If only she had realised 'it' was bullets.

"Holy shit! Get down!" Alice dove behind one of the couches, recalling Lorin while she clung to Jasper. Her ghost shifted his matter, phasing through the furniture so that he was barely visible except for shining gemstone eyes. The assault went on for minutes and Alice had started crying part way through, causing the pink ghost to go back and comfort her. When the bullets stopped everything went silent, the adult trembling too much to move. She eventually checked if everyone was okay and they seemed to be, except David was rushing into danger.

"Oh, for fuck's sake-- come back here, you idiot! You're going to get us murdered!" Alice hissed, not wanting their assailants to hear them. As it was with a busted lock on the door they were probably in the house ready to check if they were dead or not. Jasper let go of Alice, indicating for her to follow while he scampered ahead, his form once again shifting in visibility. He was phasing through objects, obviously trying to see if the path ahead was safe for his trainer to follow, to warn her back if there was a gunman or violent Pokemon ready to catch them out. If there was, he'd try to attack or disarm them with stealth. It wasn't that David didn't matter, but quite frankly, the Sableye cared for his trainer more than the brat with a death wish and painful taste in music. It was just how things worked.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:00 PM   #391
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821


Ribcage Mall

Naruxami: I don't want to die in here.

Poor Alana. This is no place for her. This is no situation to be in. She -- and you! -- really should be somewhere else; somewhere safe. Not in an abandoned mall in gang territory. And for that matter, where was the gang?! This was supposed to be the heart and soul of Ribcage country, but you haven't seen a single person. Shouldn't gangbangers be coming out of the fucking walls around here? The lack of thugs is beginning to become more worrisome than their presence would have been, but you're largely undaunted, and press onward.

Climbing the escalator-turned-stairs to the mezzanine level, you find yourself staring into... darkness. Squinting into the abyss, your eyes eventually adjust to the pitch black, and you can make out the faintest of shapes. This section of the mazzanine appears to be cluttered with small tables and many chairs; at some point, this was probably a food court. More or less tidy considering the nature of the mall, it looks like this is probably a space that is still in use by the heretofore missing inhabitants of the structure. Alana's eyes are more keen than yours, and she quickly alerts you to something, gesturing concernedly towards what -- based on its silhouette -- is some sort of food stand. You can't make out much more than the vague image of its counter, and something hanging above said counter... probably a menu. Alana is adamant though, that it needs exploring. You're not sure how much you'll find when you can barely see your hands in front of your face. What will you do?

134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #392
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You decide to go to the quarry which is usually seen as neutral territory between the two gang members. Your choice was that you needed to add some new Pokemon to your team. In order to go into the quarry itself, you need either need to take an elevator or slide down the cliff. You do hear some commotion in the hole. Perhaps it's some machinery drilling up the precious stones, or something else, it's hard to say, especially from this massive height.

Once you reach the bottom before it branches off into the caves underground, you are met with a fight broken out. You find three guys dressed up in what could be described as punk kid clothing staring down a much more sophisticatedly dressed individual wearing what appears to be a leather jacket with a red R slashed through it. He is very well built, well kept. His black hair completely combed down contrasted the messier multi-colored hair the punks had. The three are very obviously part of the Ribs gang, whereas the better kept one through process of elimination is possibly one of the Shells.

“You can’t beat us, King,” one of the punks say. “Not so long as we got the advantage.”

“Yeah, it’s three on one! We’re gonna cream your crop!” says the middle one.

“Hmph,” the large man smirked. “We’ll see about that.” He pulls out a Pokeball to reveal a Dusclops. It stares down its competition menacingly. You can feel the power that this Pokemon has over the rest of the field. Whoever this guy is, he is no amateur trainer, that alone you can tell just from how his one-eyed ghost presents itself. He is not even bothering with

Two of the Ribs pulled out their own pokeballs with a Woobat and an Elekid. The third one is about to throw out his own Pokemon when he notices you and says, “Hey guys, he has some backup. Big, tough King needs some help from a kid. I’ll go say hello to our new mutual friend.”

He runs up to you and gets a good look. “Well well well, look at you. Fresh outta diapers and you think you can take on big ol’ bad Ribs. When I’m done with you, you’re gonna be weepin’ harder than a Bonsly.” He sends an Alolan Rattata your way. “Ratso, take out the garbage and I’ll give ya a big treat. Use your Tail Whip. Follow it with Focus Energy, finally Quick Attack."

“RATTATAAAA!” it yells. It stands on both its legs apparently ready to pounce any prey that comes its way.

Like it or not, it seems like you’re going to be dragged into this fight, while your unofficial ally will have to fight two of these guys. What Will You Do?
As Big heads into the tunnel with two of his pokemon at his side he is much more confident than he would have been by himself. When he suddenly hears a noise down one of the holes he looks to the two pokemon before heading down to investigate. As he reaches the bottom though his blood runs cold as he sees what seems to be an altercation between the two gangs. He puts a finger to his lips to tell his pokemon to be quiet (although without what Big assumes would be an eye roll from Alucard... if he had eyes) They stay as hidden as they can while the Ribs try to intimidate the Shell, but when the Shell calls on a Dusclops Big mentally decides to do his best to stay on that one's good side. But as two of Ribs let out their pokemon the third must have heard Big's small gasp at the impressive ghost pokemon. He stands up straight as one approaches him. "L-listen, i dont want any-" He then stops himself and sighs. "I already know there isn't any point to trying to talk you out of fighting with your level of intelligence." He says. "But I don't appreciate my matureness being called into question, but in fact i can prove you are no match for a baby." Big says pulling out a Dusk ball. "I'm totally telling him you called him a baby." Alucard says smugly. "Quiet you." Big says recalling the zubat to his luxury ball. "Youcansilencmebutyoucanneversilencethetruth!" The zubat says as he is absorbed with a red light. Big sighs and looks down to Elsa. "You'll be backup in case things go south, but Vegeta needs experience." The swinub nods with slight nervousness but also a responsible look to her. "Come on out Vegeta!" He throws the dusk ball and the young Chespin. The Chespin lands with his arms crossed and a glare at the rattata. "Ok Vegeta, let's start with a Growl, to cancel out the tail whip and the follow up with two Power Up Punches, see if you can meet the quick attack head on." The Chespin gives a tense nod and begins growling as he drops into a fighting stance, not saying a word just yet.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #393
Naruxami
A total disappointment
 
Naruxami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Ribcage Mall

Naruxami: I don't want to die in here.

Poor Alana. This is no place for her. This is no situation to be in. She -- and you! -- really should be somewhere else; somewhere safe. Not in an abandoned mall in gang territory. And for that matter, where was the gang?! This was supposed to be the heart and soul of Ribcage country, but you haven't seen a single person. Shouldn't gangbangers be coming out of the fucking walls around here? The lack of thugs is beginning to become more worrisome than their presence would have been, but you're largely undaunted, and press onward.

Climbing the escalator-turned-stairs to the mezzanine level, you find yourself staring into... darkness. Squinting into the abyss, your eyes eventually adjust to the pitch black, and you can make out the faintest of shapes. This section of the mazzanine appears to be cluttered with small tables and many chairs; at some point, this was probably a food court. More or less tidy considering the nature of the mall, it looks like this is probably a space that is still in use by the heretofore missing inhabitants of the structure. Alana's eyes are more keen than yours, and she quickly alerts you to something, gesturing concernedly towards what -- based on its silhouette -- is some sort of food stand. You can't make out much more than the vague image of its counter, and something hanging above said counter... probably a menu. Alana is adamant though, that it needs exploring. You're not sure how much you'll find when you can barely see your hands in front of your face. What will you do?

It's dark. Indescribably dark.

Will can barely see his own hands in front of his face as he wanders what he presumes was once a food court. A place where people would eat their fill and talk about their joyous lives was now extinguished to a dark and dreary hell hole for the ribs to hide in. Actually, speaking of the ribs... where were they? Will had seen no signs of them, or any activity linked to them. The only evidence that they were even ever here was the broken and decayed mall that Will currently found himself in. However, this area is quite tidy compared to what he has seen so far.

Alana rouses him from his thoughts, pulling on his pant leg to get his attention. He bends over, looking as she furiously points towards a food stand, or at least what he assumes to be a food stand. That area is pitch black like everything else around here, but Alana's keen eyes insist to herself and to you that there is something there that needs to be explored. For once, Will wished he was the type to smoke. To carry around some sort of lighter to aid him in his exploration of the blackened countertop. Will looks down at Alana, not like he can see her anyways, but he can hear her adamant and angry squeaks that she is hurriedly trying to silence that there is something there in the darkness that needs to be explored. Will sighs, moving forward slowly, fumbling around in the darkness with his hands.

He reaches the countertop, resting his hands among it as he feels his way around trying to determine how spacious it is. He pulls himself onto it, leaning forward to check behind it. Will doubts he'll see anything, so he reaches his hands forward, hoping to grab onto something that will tell him what he's dealing with.
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000
Naruxami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #394
134
Overenthusiastic Haole
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Tate:

The Smeargle watches with awe as you set up the game. Paint cans arranged in a simple fashion, of Red, Blue, and Yellow. The three primary colors. There was nothing like using the basics, especially if you wanted to confirm your suspicions. You first had Pena play, and after he identified the right color to the stone you had, you gave him a berry. The Smeargle looked at the two of you, quite happy and seeming to understand the game. It looked at you expectantly, waiting for its own turn. Rummaging through your bag, you pull out a water stone and ask the Smeargle to point to the can the color matched.

The Smeargle looked at the stone, and then the can, and then once again at the stone. After a minute or so, the beagle made its decision, and pointed towards the yellow can. The very same can Pena pointed at. It looked at you expectantly, hoping it was right. It wasn't, obviously, but you didn't have the heart to tell the Pokemon it was wrong. You gave the Smeargle a berry, and it started to happily munch on it. Pena gave you a side glance, but didn't push you any further.

You watched as the two Pokemon started to converse. You could tell that Pena wanted to tell the Smeargle it was wrong, but the way the Smeargle was so enthusiastic it got the 'right' answer made the Tyrogue hesitate as well. At least you had a confirmation to what you were thinking. Now it was figuring out what to do next. It felt that the Smeargle didn't know, as made obvious by its attitude. It was happy right now... Probably an emotion a resident of Bedlam Ridge rarely felt. You couldn't just crush it, could you?

What do you do?


Tate sighed. It would suck to explain the circumstances to it, wouldn't it? It would probably make an already shitty life worse. But... it deserved to know, didn't it? Depriving it of the knowledge of its own life seemed equally cruel, and far more immoral. Pena likewise struggled with the idea, or at least seemed to be from Tate's perspective -- the Smeargle was wrong, and Pena knew this, but he didn't want to make it sad.

"Hey, so... how'd you end up here?" Tate asked the Smeargle. Tate wanted to tell it the truth, but couldn't -- not yet. "I mean... this place sucks. Last time I was here, a big ass Ariados tried to eat me. Why would you want to live here?"

Pena stiffened at the mention of man-eating Ariados within the vicinity, and quickly hid behind the nearest person -- which happened to be the Smeargle. Tate sighed. His phobia as pervasive and largely irrational, and the mention of an actual threat only served to add credence to an otherwise incredible thread. At least he was finding shelter in someone other than his trainer? That was actually... pretty huge. Tate smiled.

"Oh, I think he likes you," Tate teased the Smeargle. Pena bristled, and made what looked to be an obscene gesture with his arms. Tate just laughed. It was good for Pena to make friends, although... if he and the Smeargle hit it off, wouldn't that be sad too? In a place like this, bad things happened. They might never see the Smeargle again after today. Tate sighed again. Today was becoming complex.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:20 PM   #395
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,177
Patches- With the Shiinotic seeming to carry on despite Sir Tibs' taunting, the Sneasel soon finds himself in trouble. The illuminated mushroom seemed to be healing itself at an alarming rate, he had to find a way to put a stop to it. Patches wasn't being a great help as usual, proving to distracted by the beauty of the moment. Rushing forward through the strengthening rain, Sir Tibs sinks his claws into the soil around the Grass types feet. His claws wrap around the roots that had spread through the fertile ground and with a heave he snatched them up, sweeping the Shiinotic off its feet. The Dark type good feel a rush of energy as he absorbed some of the strength the mushroom had been feeding itself, his attack and special attack increasing. He felt stronger, as if he had regained some of the vitality he had lost. The Sneasel tossed the Shiinotic into the wall, it was still recovering health, but at a much slower rate than before.

Eager to keep recovering health, the Shiinotic extends tendrils from its fingertips once more, wrapping Sir Tibs with draining vines. The Dark type struggles to get himself free, eventually managing to get a claw free as his opponent reels him in. He strikes out with ice clad claws, causing the Shiinotic to loosen its grip. The valiant Sneasel didn't allow it time to recover, striking again with another punch that left the Grass type moaning in pain. The Shiinotic's normally blank and creepy face, turns to one of pain induced anger. Its head begins to glow, increasing in intensity as in holds its hands together. With a thrust it lets out a dazzling blast of energy. The gleaming wave washes over Sir Tibs, who issues a pained screech.

The tables seemed to be turning, however the Shiinotic's focus seems to have shifted. Where before it was intent on preserving itself, it now seemed to be more reckless, hellbent on hurting Sir Tibs.



Sandaa- With Kratos finally having conquered his demons, you recall the Golduck into his ball for a well earned rest. Bidding Jasmine farewell, you continue along the path, eager to find out what challenge confronted you next. The path seemed to get steeper, before long it gave way to stairs that continued to climb up the interior of the mountain. Sweat is dripping down your brow as you eventually reach the top of the stairs, the ground levels out and the path continues. Straight ahead you, about a hundred feet ahead of you, light streams in from outside. You continue along the path, shielding your eyes as you exit the cave, giving your eyes time to adjust.

The path hugs the side of the mountain, the space between the edge of the cliff and the wall of the mountain was no larger than six metres at its widest. You're still surveying your surroundings when you hear a terrifying roar. A grey streak bursts from the surrounding clouds, quickly dropping into a dive as it closes in on you. As it gets closer, you get a better look at the Pokemon, the most notable feature being the giant jaws. The Pokemon roars at you as it pulls to a stop, its giant wings flap gently to hold it level with you.

"Howdy there", a man pops up from the Pokemon's back. Fearlessly, he leaps from his Pokemon to land on the path next to you. "My name is Duke, nice to meet you partner", the man thrusts a hand at you, waiting patiently for you to shake his hand. "I hope Artemis here didn't startle you, she gets a bit excited when she knows it is time to battle." Duke looms over you, the man must stand atleast 7ft tall. His build was rather slender, although the vest he wore seemed to accentuate his shoulders. "You're getting really close to the top now fella", Duke laughed, "how about we get this over nice and quick? It'll be a long journey back for you when you lose." The Aerodactyl opened its giant maw, displaying its glistening which teeth before snapping its jaws shut. This fight would likely prove even harder, who could you trust to get you through this?



Meetan- Jasper races ahead after David, shifting state to stay concealed and safe. Its a few moments before he returns, beckoning you to follow him. As you begin to move, he continues to call, what was wrong with him? Thankfully Janie and Terry catch on, he needed all of you to follow. The group of you rush down stairs, just in time as something else crashes through the windows. You hear and explosion, followed by another, what was going on? As you reach the bottom of the stairs you turn to look back. You can hear the crackling of flames, you could see the light flicker as the second story of the house was consumed by fire. David is standing out on the street, shouting as he words were muffled by the roar of motorbikes.

The three of you exit the house as smoke starts to pursue you, your Pokemon close behind. It is hard to make out the scene in the blacked out street, only the burning house serves to illuminate your surroundings. Three motorbikes fly up and down the street. One slams on the breaks as he nears the house, hurling a flaming bottle that erupts as it collides with the roof. David's Marowak tries to attack the biker but he's off again before the Ground type can even get close.

Two of the bikes race off, turning the corner at the end of the street and disappearing into the night. The last bike comes to a stop about twenty metres away from David. The bikey reaches for a holster at his hip, drawing a pistol and pointing it straight at David. "Yo don't fuck with the Ribs", turning the gun sideways, the man doesn't even blink as he fires two shots at the boy. David throws his arms up hopelessly, there was no shielding himself. As the gunshots rang out, everything seemed to slow down. David's Marowak leaped, flying through the air the ground type pushed the boy out of the path of the hissing bullets. Next came the resounding crack as the bullet collide with the Marowak's skull, splintering the rock hard bone as it crumpled to the ground. The man turns and mounts his bike, quickly race off after his mates while the house continued to burn brighter.

It takes a moment for you to take everything in. David held his Marowak tight, a massive crack stretched down the middle of its skull. It seemed to still be breathing, however it was in a bad state and needed immediate medical attention. The fire was spreading through the house, quickly making its way downstairs. Chances of saving the house were slim, but if the fire continued to burn it could spread to surrounding houses. With the gang members gone, families were beginning to rush from their houses, unsure of what exactly had unfolded. You needed to act fast, your next actions could have dire consequences.
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 02-23-2018 at 10:15 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:51 PM   #396
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Meetan- Jasper races ahead after David, shifting state to stay concealed and safe. Its a few moments before he returns, beckoning you to follow him. As you begin to move, he continues to call, what was wrong with him? Thankfully Janie and Terry catch on, he needed all of you to follow. The group of you rush down stairs, just in time as something else crashes through the windows. You hear and explosion, followed by another, what was going on? As you reach the bottom of the stairs you turn to look back. You can hear the crackling of flames, you could see the light flicker as the second story of the house was consumed by fire. David is standing out on the street, shouting as he words were muffled by the roar of motorbikes.

The three of you exit the house as smoke starts to pursue you, your Pokemon close behind. It is hard to make out the scene in the blacked out street, only the burning house serves to illuminate your surroundings. Three motorbikes fly up and down the street. One slams on the breaks as he nears the house, hurling a flaming bottle that erupts as it collides with the roof. David's Marowak tries to attack the biker but he's off again before the Ground type can even get close.

Two of the bikes race off, turning the corner at the end of the street and disappearing into the night. The last bike comes to a stop about twenty metres away from David. The bikey reaches for a holster at his hip, drawing a pistol and pointing it straight at David. "Yo don't fuck with the Ribs", turning the gun sideways, the man doesn't even blink as he fires two shots at the boy. David throws his arms up hopelessly, there was no shielding himself. As the gunshots rang out, everything seemed to slow down. David's Marowak leaped, flying through the air the ground type pushed the boy out of the path of the hissing bullets. Next came the resounding crack as the bullet collide with the Marowak's skull, splintering the rock hard bone as it crumpled to the ground. The man turns and mounts his bike, quickly race off after his mates while the house continued to burn brighter.

It takes a moment for you to take everything in. David held his Marowak tight, a massive crack stretched down the middle of its skull. It seemed to still be breathing, however it was in a bad state and needed immediate medical attention. The fire was spreading through the house, quickly making its way downstairs. Chances of saving the house were slim, but if the fire continued to burn it could spread to surrounding houses. With the gang members gone, families were beginning to rush from their houses, unsure of what exactly had unfolded. You needed to act fast, your next actions could have dire consequences.
Alice followed Jasper when she was told it was safe to, making sure to stay low, trying to remember where the creakiest of floorboards were. She didn't want to make noise, and any time there was a window the young woman moved a bit faster, afraid of more bullets flying. "What's up, Jasp?" She asked of him, but it soon became clear that he wanted the others to come with them. It was a questionable decision, but thank goodness they had, because when they were at the bottom it was revealed that the house had been set ablaze.

What the fuck was wrong with that other brother? He was worse than a monster. He had really gone to the Ribs, tried to murder his brother and his friends and burn their bodies and his own fucking home. There was no logic, just violence, and it was beyond understanding and belief. "Hurry up, get out, go go!" The blonde waved the kids out first, heart racing, and she was quick on their tail. Fire was her biggest fear, and Alice was soon reaching for Lorin's Love Ball again. Jasper stuck close, sensing his trainer's distress, not keen for her to be distant in this dangerous place.

Another bottle went flying and Alice ducked with a screech, cursing the fact that the Marowak's attack missed. After that, everything sped up and yet slowed down. It was a horror show. Said Marowak took a bullet, the boy who had captured him alive and holding the poor thing in his arms. People fled their homes as this one burned. At first, Alice just stared, but Jasper tugged needily at her hand. She needed to be the adult here, or nobody else would.

"Shit, fuck. Um." She flailed for a moment, and then haphazardly released the scared pink Lotad again. "Lorin, I want you to use water pulse on those flames!" That wouldn't be enough. "Peaches, use your mud slap and fling some mud in there! Nina, mimic Lorin's water pulses and then use freeze dry!" The bright Pichu came out next, an Alolan Vulpix of regular fur following suit. She couldn't do this alone, though, and Alice turned her attention to the others, "We need Muddy now! Its ground and water moves can help put out the flames! And anyone else here--" Alice raised her voice as loudly as she could, "If you have water, ice, rock and ground types it's time to help douse and smother those flames! If you don't help us put this out, the other houses might go down! We need to hurry!"

Finally, another Pokemon. Alice released her trusted Abra. "Axel, take David, Janey and Marowak to the nearest Pokemon Centre and then come straight back, okay?" Her blue eyes shifted to the mentioned kids, "We'll join you after, but one task at a time. Just get Marowak the help it needs and keep your heads down, okay? If there are any Ribs or your brothers' friends around, keep out of sight. They wanted things to end here. But we'll sort that later." Alice added. There was so much going on, but Alice was only one trainer, and right now, she felt very out of her depth.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #397
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Marshal's Headquarters

Maskerade
: While the state of the man leaves you perhaps a little taken aback, you nevertheless remain composed as Slice and Tremor listen to your orders as you declare your intentions to bring him along, with instructions not to falter. Vega backs up your statement as the pair gulp nervously, before slowly shifting as they raise the unconscious man off the ground and start as you release your Ninjask, Betelgeuse obeying your orders and zipping off faster than the eye can blink. While the Drilbur's waddling and the Combusken's striding steps initially cause strain on the man, after a couple of minutes the avian, with the 'friendly support' of the menacing Seviper, keeps at a pace he's comfortable with as your motley crew weaves through the streets.

After about fifteen minutes, you catch sight of the first outpost, Betelgeuse reporting frequently and delivering the news of safety during the travels. The outpost itself isn't much to see, a large concrete yard with walls as tall as Vega is long, and a couple of granite buildings within. As one of the Marshals outside spots you, they approach and upon seeing the man, shakes his head.

"Another one...that's the seventh one in this state we've had this week," he sighs before pulling a walkie-talkie out and requesting assistance. A couple of minutes later a couple more marshals, accompanied by an Audino race out with a stretcher, and handle the injured man in. "Thanks for bringing him here, civilian, but there's not much more you can...oh?"

Before he can continue, the marshal notices Slice and Tremor, the former shaking his tired arms while the latter wobbles around trying to reorient himself, as well as their badges, and the man gives a wry smile. "Ah, I see...you must be the, ahem, eloquent fellow Sarge was on about. These two have tried the patience of many a man and woman, that you actually managed to get them here without much property damage is surprising...anyway, training."

Following the marshal into the yard, you and the crew are brought to a set of blocks roughly clumped into a sizable mound, and a small machine that seems to be off with a pair of small plates attached by wires. "Right, so as marshal pokemon these two are expected to be able to provide search-and-rescue support. Under this pile of bricks is a dummy that represents someone." He pauses to take a breath, before raising hands in front of him. "Picture the scenario: a recent explosion has trapped a man, who is injured under rubble. Without immediate aid, he will certainly perish. As proxy officer your role will be to direct his rescue and recovery to ensure he won't succumb to his wounds, or the dwindling air supply. The machine here's a basic communicator, but the explosion's also knocked it out! You'll have to find a way to power it up to radio in support."

The instructions are simple enough when he points a finger to his wrist, before raising three fingers. "While the trainee pokemon are expected to do much of the work, you may have your other pokemon help out in whatever way you can think of. Either way, you'll have to work quick with your commands and strategy, as the man only has three minutes before he permanently loses consciousness! When you're ready, I'll start the timer."

The first task is simple enough, and as Slice and Tremor look at the pile of debris as tall as you are, the pair are evidently nervous. Polaris, Vega and Betelgeuse stand by, as your challenge is laid before you.
((Thank you very much once again for allowing me to switch characters!))

As Luc listened to the instructions, Tremor and Slice looked on at the test scenario with apprehension. But once the Kalosian prepared to
step forward with the operation... his PokéGear started ringing.

"Allo? Oui, c'est moi, qu'est-ce que... Comment dites-vous?! C'est... c'est pas possible!! Je... j'arriverai prochainement!"

As he hung up, Luc's face was pale white. He couldn't believe what he'd just heard. His mother... could she really be?... No, not her. Not
Madeleine Chevalier! It was simply not possible! But... what if?... He had to sse for himself. He had to be sure, even if it meant he would be
unable to fulfill his promise to Officer Whetsone. And that was why...

"My apologies for the intromission," said a voice from behind him, soft but somehow heavy with wisdom. "You seem unwell."

Turning around, his head still spinning,Luc saw a man about his age dressed in strange white robes and an almost completely bald head. A
monk...

"My apologies," he continued, his words feeling warm despite the absolute absence of a smile as the monk spoke. "I have neglected to
introduce myself. I am Sai Hajimoto, a monk from... from the region of Saigo."

Luc noticed the brief moment of hesitation in Sai's voice, but said nothing.

"I am on a quest for personal betterment, and you seem to have been given some unfortunate news," the Tatakami Sage continued. "If you would permit, I would like to continue these Pokemon's training on your behalf. I believe you are needed elsewhere."

The Kalosian, for all his pride, could not deny it. He had to know what had truly happened to his mother, and if he couldn't give his absolute
best to complete a task, he would rather not attempt it at all. This offer served both sides.

"... Et bien, I am in no position to refuse. Thank you, Monsieur Hajimoto..."

With that, after recalling his companions, Luc rushed out of the room, leaving Sai behind with a very confused pair of clueless recruits. Sai
smiled ever-so-briefly at the pair, reached inside his white robe's sleeve and pulled out a Ball from inside.

"To me, Shiou."

A Gengar materialized from within the device, grinning eerily like he always did.

"I hope this sudden change is still in compliance with what you had envisioned for this training, officer," said the monk, in an apologetic tone.
"I believe I know how to surpass this challenge, if you would let me."

Looking at Tremor and Slice, Sai dropped to one knee and stared each of them in the eye, with the cold glare he'd learned from
his own father.

"You will be the ones to rescue that target," declared Sai, wasting little time with reintroductions. "Shiou will provide support, but neither he nor I are being tested here - this is your responsibility. Still, I am completely certain you would never let down the Marshalls, would you?"

Right on cue, the Gengar floated over to the broken communications device, while Sai nodded at the officer to start the timer.

"Tremor-san, clear the wreckage as fast as you can with Rock Smash. Slice-san, no time to loose; dash full speed ahead between the boulder fragments with Aerial Ace and grab hold of the victim as soon as you can spot him." Then, Rorik shifted his attention to Shiou. "We must provide electrical power to that communications device in order to turn it back on: aim a Thunder Wave at it, I fear a stronger discharge might permanently damage the wiring."

With that, Sai bowed in Saigonese fashion, and prepared to watch the events unfold. He had his own personal motives for taking Luc's place, but he was also intrigued at the prospect of contributing to these two's training. He had, modesty aside, done a good job raising Jin to be his equal, so maybe he could also be of use to Slice and Tremor...
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #398
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
This is the part where you regret your choices.

Marshal's Headquarters.

Maskerade
: Before Luc could commence, the interruption of his pokegear and the chilling news within left him shaken to the core, as the marshal stood by waiting, eyebrow raised in curiosity as Slice and Tremor are left in the dark. Fortunately, your arrival on the scene and reprieve of the Kalosian lifts the concerns as the officer shrugs and gives you a quick runthrough of the scene, explaining to you the requirements of the trial as the pair of pokemon look at you quizzically, yet relieved that the scary Seviper has upped and vanished too. One of your glances, however, quickly instills an air of authority and reminding them who's in charge.

With Shiou hovering by the generator, you discuss the plan of action with the pair, reinforcing the fact that they are the ones being tested, and not you. Gulping, the Drilbur nods while the Combusken gives a hesitant nod as you motion your group is ready. "Alright, timer starts now," the marshal responds, holding a stopwatch. Hobbling to the rubble pile, Tremor takes aim at the mound, starting at the side, and clenching claws together smashes into the rock pile, shattering some of the rubble to dust while Slice watches, waiting for the opportunity to get in. As the stones fall, the Drilbur gives a yelp, as the top of the pile topples over towards him, but the Combusken is swift to move, rushing in and pulling the mole away with the speed of an ace pilot in the air.

Shiou's attention pointed to the generator, the Gengar looses a weakened wave of electricity that connects with the generator, the device giving a small hum as the thunderous energy creates a current between the plates, the power meter on the device slowly building. Keeping momentum, the spectre steadily holds his charge while Slice admonishes Tremor on his carelessness, the Drilbur looking a little sorry for himself.

"Well, there's not as much weight on our victim now, that much I can say for certain," the marshal remarks, "and the generator's powering up gradually, though from what I see progress is still rather slow. You have two minutes left, make them count."

The rubble pile is a little smaller, but still rather large, and the dummy is nowhere in sight, while the generator's power meter reads 20% as it seems clear your group needs to approach this issue from a different angle, so to speak.


The Ribcage Mall.

Lil'twick
: Self-preservation on your agenda, your pursuit of Aimee leads you to an old warehouse, and the traitorous Shell within, with the girl in the midst of a large sandy beast. As you reveal Yuke, the Shell's sneer continues. "Riiight, whatever, you're not leaving here. Ever looked at the floor?" At his comment, your sight drifts to the ground, to find the whole floor of the warehouse covered in sand, and with a snap of his fingers the Palossand growls, beckoning the complete control of the sand to shift and billow behind you, blocking your escape path, trapping you and the Spheal, before the main body envelopes Aimee and swallows her into its core before turning to Yuke, the girl crying as the sand rips her grip off the floor.

Barking commands, the Spheal takes a breath as it spits out a gush of water towards the sand castle, the beast grunting as the gunfire douses its walls, and as the Shell laughs, you find the sandy body stiffening as the water compaction indeed bolsters its defensive properties. Shredder, on seeing this, reacts accordingly by bounding forward and snapping with fangs in assurance, as the Palossand rumbles in irritance. Despite the physical resilience, the boosted power of assurance certainly left its mark on the beast.

"You're a madman, I'll give you that. Shred them!" At the command, the Palossand raises its rampart arms up before giving a haunting wail as the sand beneath you all begins to swirl ferociously, as you and Yuke are caught up in a localised stormfront, the particles grazing into you like sandpaper, fittingly. Uncomfortable, Yuke nevertheless decides to go with his own storm, blowing a snowy gust at the sandcastle, and as the Shell spy watches confidently, the powdered chill comes into contact with the castle, causing it further discomfort, yet at the same time your hypothesis seems to be working, as the soaked segment of sand seems to be stiffening. Shredder, caught in the storm and already weakened, takes a moment to focus himself, putting his dwindling energy into biding his time.

With a point of its master's finger, the castle opens its maw as a great dark mass emanates from it and wraps around Yuke and Shredder, the Spheal suddenly wailing as the humming energy infests him, and as the bug energy starts to bite at him, he inadvertently releases a second flurry of powder snow into the castle's maw, chilling it from the inside as it visibly winces. Taking the opportunity, the Carvanha envelopes himself in water before jetting into the cold and damp wall section, with a battle cry the aquatic pokemon barrels clean into the section as a crunching sound echoes through the warehouse and the castle gives a pained moan, body compacting once more as one of its arms are smashed open, the critical strike delivering a fierce blow.

"What th - oh, cheap shot..." the spy snarls, as the castle's eyes focus on the wound, as it tries in vain to gather the wet and cold sand up. Your suspicions confirmed, you look towards the Carvanha only to find the fish has passed out, having put all it could into delivering a powerful blow as the Palossand shifts its attention to you and Yuke, with murderous intent. You can't see Aimee within, but her faint cries tell you she's still conscious at least, but the glower the castle's giving you, it's clear that the creature is taking things much more seriously. Yuke seems relatively healthy despite the wear and tear of the sand, which at this point is starting to cause you some considerable discomfort, while the Shell doesn't seem too fazed, likely used to things.

"Sap the life out of the seal, then lull the brat into eternal slumber," the Shell commands, as things take a drastic turn. You're down one ally, though the Palossand's taken a notable injury. What next, 'hero?'


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: (5 of 6 confirmed: Meowth, Scolipede, Seviper, Starmie, Weezing)

With the objective clear, you opt to take things seriously as you release Gemini and Mustard from their ball, Donovan giving a whistle of interest. "Oh, now that definitely looks like something that's stared down dangerous foes and won...fuck, that stings." At your questions, the man throws a thumb at the entryway he came from. "The bug's down there, it's not going to get too...too far though. I closed the gates when I came back, so it'll at least be stalled. As for capturing it...I've got my own secrets for that one...let's just say friends of dubious nature have the means of supplying me and...what used to be the Vanguard with less than legal things," he mentions, giving a tap of his satchel. "Again, we'll catch up on you. Ninjaskspeed."

Determination in heart, you give a nod towards Amanda and Donovan, and the pair nod back at you as you make haste down the corridor, Weezing in tow. With your mobility unhindered, you rush down the hallways, following the occasional blood spatter, round corners before slowing down as you near an opening, not out of danger of alerting the Scarab, but through Meowth's claws in your shoulder, the feline voicing feelings of dread. Familiar feelings of dread...

A clatter of numerous pinlike feet emanate as your team approaches carefully, the sounds unmistakably a Scolipede, and as you pass through the opening, you find yourselves in a large chamber, the smell of waste striking you as you wrinkle your nose. The stench is nothing you haven't smelled before, but still foul regardless, but what really catches your attention is the room itself, a number of ducts carrying waste water into a deeper trench with grates over it, a sewer, and right in the middle of it...

The Black Scarab paces around angrily, before it turns its head towards you, deep crimson eyes staring at you with an all too familiar harshness, deep purple, almost black chitin body fused around black flesh, and the feeling of dread emanating from the monster taking physical form of a grim aura surrounding it. It's clear now what sort of pokemon you're dealing with here, as the aura around it flares, shadowy flecks of malicious energy flaring off its body as the Scolipede's physical and special might amplifies greatly as it scrapes foot on the ground.

The shadow pokemon stands before you, ready to attack. Are you?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #399
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: (5 of 6 confirmed: Meowth, Scolipede, Seviper, Starmie, Weezing)

With the objective clear, you opt to take things seriously as you release Gemini and Mustard from their ball, Donovan giving a whistle of interest. "Oh, now that definitely looks like something that's stared down dangerous foes and won...fuck, that stings." At your questions, the man throws a thumb at the entryway he came from. "The bug's down there, it's not going to get too...too far though. I closed the gates when I came back, so it'll at least be stalled. As for capturing it...I've got my own secrets for that one...let's just say friends of dubious nature have the means of supplying me and...what used to be the Vanguard with less than legal things," he mentions, giving a tap of his satchel. "Again, we'll catch up on you. Ninjaskspeed."

Determination in heart, you give a nod towards Amanda and Donovan, and the pair nod back at you as you make haste down the corridor, Weezing in tow. With your mobility unhindered, you rush down the hallways, following the occasional blood spatter, round corners before slowing down as you near an opening, not out of danger of alerting the Scarab, but through Meowth's claws in your shoulder, the feline voicing feelings of dread. Familiar feelings of dread...

A clatter of numerous pinlike feet emanate as your team approaches carefully, the sounds unmistakably a Scolipede, and as you pass through the opening, you find yourselves in a large chamber, the smell of waste striking you as you wrinkle your nose. The stench is nothing you haven't smelled before, but still foul regardless, but what really catches your attention is the room itself, a number of ducts carrying waste water into a deeper trench with grates over it, a sewer, and right in the middle of it...

The Black Scarab paces around angrily, before it turns its head towards you, deep crimson eyes staring at you with an all too familiar harshness, deep purple, almost black chitin body fused around black flesh, and the feeling of dread emanating from the monster taking physical form of a grim aura surrounding it. It's clear now what sort of pokemon you're dealing with here, as the aura around it flares, shadowy flecks of malicious energy flaring off its body as the Scolipede's physical and special might amplifies greatly as it scrapes foot on the ground.

The shadow pokemon stands before you, ready to attack. Are you?
Gemini and Mustard. The Weezing was Keith's strongest partner and oldest friend (OK, technically, just Gemini met that criteria- Mustard, as the Weezing's second head, didn't actually exist until the Koffing evolved), and Donovan's whistle of interest was for good reason- the Weezing was an experienced battler, and Keith, the man who trained said Weezing up from a little baby Koffing, knew this better than anyone. "Definitely," he nodded. "I got some stories about these guys I could tell you, if only this were the time or place." And once Donovan provided Keith with the answers he sought, he was off, following blood spatters like some morbid breadcrumb trail, rushing down hallways and around corners. Barely a word was spoken between the four of them as they moved.

And soon, Keith came to an opening. He slowed down as he did so- not out of a desire to not alert the Black Scarab to his arrival, but rather because Meowth was digging his claws into his shoulder. Normally, Keith would look rather annoyed by this and admonish Meowth... but right now wasn't the time. The two exchanged a look- Meowth, Keith knew, was feeling dread, and Keith could not blame him in the slightest. He, too, was feeling dread... but he was also feeling confidence and determination, and those were the ones that just had to win out. He gave Meowth a determined nod and a reassuring smile, which in turn got Meowth to smile just a little bit. Keith then exchanged looks with his Weezing- both Gemini and Mustard were already grinning back, as ready as they were ever gonna be.

And they approached. Approached the source of numerous skittering footsteps, the unmistakable footfalls of a Scolipede. They were in a sewer, and a smelly one at that. Not the smelliest of sewers Keith had ever explored. Hell, not even the smelliest smell he'd ever smelled. His Muk put this place to shame on a good day (or a bad day, depending on who you ask). But the smell wasn't what bothered Keith. No- he'd found what he was looking for.

The Black Scarab. It had to be. Color scheme disturbingly similar to Keith's own Salazar, but the difference was more than noticeable- an ominous aura surrounded this creature, and a startlingly familiar aura at that. Keith's mouth fell open as the realization hit him- the Black Scarab was a Shadow Scolipede.

"...In hindsight, we probably should'a seen dat comin'," Meowth squeaked.

Keith nodded, though now, he knew, was not the time to beat himself up for not considering such a possibility. Now was the time for action, and it seemed as though the Black Scarab agreed with this sentiment, scraping the ground with a foot, as though a Tauros about to charge.

"Weezing," groaned Gemini and Mustard, the Weezing floating on ahead, placing themselves firmly between Keith and the Scolipede. And Keith... well, he couldn't help but grin in spite of the intense battle what lied ahead. He couldn't help but feel just a little more confident, seeing his oldest friend look so ready to take on the Black Scarab.

"Let's go, then, Gemini!" Keith exclaimed. "Prepare to use Payback, and follow up with Flamethrower, then use Psybeam!" Having raised both a Scolipede and a Weezing, he had a pretty damn good idea which species was the faster- Scolipede was gonna get the first move, that was more or less a given, so Keith's plan here was to capitalize on that as best he could. And the rest was just pure type effectiveness. It wasn't gonna end the fight very quickly, not against this monster, he was sure, but it would prove to be one hell of a start.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #400
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You recall your smartass Zubat in favor of a more pure and innocent replacement, a newly born Chespin, though it tries its best for an intimidating scowl. The Alolan Rattata looks at the Grass-type and just starts laughing very hard all the while pointing at the Chespin. Apparently, this guy isn't the only one not taking you seriously, his Pokemon reflect his own personality as well. This, very understandably angers your Chespin, who Growls as an attempt to intimidate it. This causes the Rattata to laugh harder, but also gives it an attack lowering. Vegeta then runs up and gut punches the Rattata, powering himself up in the process.

Off to the corner of your eye, you notice two humanoid figures enter into a tunnel that's very close to where you are standing. You cannot tell much other than both are wearing kind-of raggedy clothing and they're both either young adults or older teenagers, one is a guy and the other is a girl, but your attention is snapped back to the battle in hand.

The Rattata whips it away with its tail, and focuses its energy to strike true to the Rattata. Vegeta readies another punch, but is surprised by the sheer quickness of the Rattata's next attack. Vegeta tries his best to meet the attack head on with his punch of power, but the Rattata is quite easily ends up with the upper hand in this fight, looking a bit roughed up but still ready to go, while the single strike Vegeta taken took out almost all of its health.

"Hahaha, did I call you a baby before? Nah, that's an insult even to babies," the man starts laughing it up even louder. He turns to his partners and says, "Hey guys, I'm comin' to join you sooner than I thought." His eyes narrow in some realization of horror at just how effortlessly the Shell is handling the other two Ribs.

The Duskclops just stood there tanking hits from the Woobat and the Elekid, both using Gust and Thundershock respectively, it not looking any weaker, more like it's much more annoyed. Eventually, the Ghost-type Pokemon thrusts its fist into the shadows before that ghostly energy punches the Woobat, dealing a crippling blow. It seems like this shell definitely has this battle under wraps already.

Your battle partner looks back at his own battle and just brushes it off with "eh, just, use your Bite or Quick attack or somethin' I don't care." He looks back at his fellow Ribs.
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 02-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.