UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:03 AM   #201
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Sandaa- The situation is beginning to look dire, with Venu now confused and facing two wild Pokemon with a distinct type advantage. The one thing the Ivysaur has on its side is experience, both in terms of level and its trainer. You reach for a nearby frying pan, luckily it is a nice large one and you quickly pull it up to shield your eyes. Venu hears your orders and fights through the confusion as he lets out a blinding flash. The light reflects off the frying pan, saving your own eyes while the same can not be said for the poor Espurr. You hear them hiss in pain as their eyes are blinded by the flash, their world suddenly becoming bright and blurry. As the pair stumble around and try to adjust to their reduced vision, Venu attempts to capitalize. You can see the Ivysaur is trying its best to overcome its condition but before long it becomes obvious that Venu is fighting a losing battle. The Ivysaur sends razor sharp leaves spinning around the kitchen, most of which just shatter plates and bowls while some ricochet, flying back and striking Venu.

While Venu only manages to hurt himself, the Espurr have regained their senses and have gone back on the offensive. Venu is sent flying around the kitchen once more as the Espurr's eyes light up with psychic energy. Your head throbs even harder as the latent energy in the room continues to build, cutlery begins to float into the air, the Espurr's power was beginning to grow. Venu picks himself up, the sudden impact seems to have loosened his mind slightly. His flower begins to open once more, but this time it isn't a sweet scent that is released. Instead tiny spores begin to flow from the flower, streaming out towards the young Psychic type Pokemon. Try as they might the Espurr cannot help but inhale the spores, their eyes quickly grow heavy and they soon fall asleep. As soon as they do the psychic energy that had filled the room retreats, causing the cutlery to drop to the floor. You relax a little as your head is released from the vice-like grip of the psychic energy. The Espurr curl up alongside one another, they seemed harmless in their slumbering state.

Venu gained two levels from the fight!

The door swings open as the bartender enters, "ahh Espurrs, can't say I'm entirely surprised by that. They only look young, must have gotten scared during the storm and fled in here." Brandy and Jenny appear behind the bartender, Jenny weaves her way through to get a proper look at the Pokemon.

"Kitties!" Jenny shouts as she sees the pair of slumbering Espurr, she quickly races across to them before any of you can stop her. She quickly scoops up the two feline Pokemon, embracing them as she carries them back over to you. "Look how cute they are Mister Gary, can I look after them?"

The bartender leads you all out of the kitchen, instructing Brandy to watch Jenny and the two Espurr while he fulfills his end of the bargain. "Thanks for subduing those pair, hopefully they won't be all fired up when they wake. I'm a man of my word and I will tell you what I know of her father, just don't go spouting out where you heard it from okay?" The bartender invites you to sit down as he does the same. "So her father and a couple of other men came in the other night, they seemed quite upset about a recent gang fight destroying their property. They spent a few hours here, discussing how they could get revenge and develop a way to protect themselves from the gangs. I overheard one of them mention a Shells warehouse in the Mall district where they store Pokemon. I don't know what they indeed to do with that information but I guess it's a lead for you to work." The bartender had upheld his end of the bargain, providing you with a lead on Jenny's father's location. However the lead was in a hostile area, not exactly a place you could drag a young girl through, but what other option did you have?"

Medmana- You express your willingness to do what you can to aid Jacob, much to his pleasure. "Thank you miss, I will keep an eye on you from the crowd, if I find any information I will get it to you somehow. Don't trust any of the other combatants, they're all seeking to further their own cause." With that Jacob disappears into the shadows, leaving you to make your way into the quarry, although you were almost certain that it was not the last time you would see him.

You emerge from where Jacob had pulled you and make your way into the quarry, breaking into a jog to make up for the time Jacob had cost you. The quarry did indeed seem abandoned, you frantically look for a tunnel entry marked with red like Officer Derek had described. You're over halfway through the quarry when you spot it, not due to the red markings but due to the tunnel entry with two guards standing in front of it. They were both dressed entirely in black, likely freelance thugs with no link to either gang. They stop you as you approach, their hands dropping to the guns holstered on their hips. The smaller of the pair welcomes you, "why hello there cutie pie. What is a pretty little thing like you doing out here? Surely you don't intend to enter the fights? A weakling like yourself would be lucky to last a minute. Registrations are about to close for tonight so what will it be?"

"She is obviously here to fight", a figure emerges from the shadows, dressed in a black suit and carrying a small electronic tablet. A Magneton floats behind the woman, the electricity causes her long blonde hair to frizzle. "She wouldn't be here if she didn't intend to fight and now that she is here she has no other option. Magneton if you will?" The Electric type buzzes as it manipulates a small metallic bracelet, quickly sending it flying towards you. It wraps around your wrist and try as you might you cannot get it off. "Don't bother, it doesn't come off until you lose or you win yourself a position, consider it an insurance policy. My name is Madame Marsh, I organise these events. Your first fight begins shortly, follow me."

With no other option due to the bracelet on your wrist, you follow Madame Marsh as she leads you down the tunnel. Various smaller tunnels branch off from the main one, you occasionally spot a people walking through them. The main tunnel soon opens up to reveal a large cavern, most likely mined out years ago. Now seats have been carved into the stone and the cavern is filled with people. The crowd fills the cavern with cries and shouts, every person here was dressed in black, likely to hide any allegiance they held to a particular gang. The middle of the cavern was occupied by a large, sand filled arena, sunken down into the ground to stop the battles spilling out into the crowd. A large podium took up a portion of the far wall, a few large chairs placed on it, likely reserved for people of importance. Madame Marsh leads you down to the edge of the arena, it seemed there were already two people fighting! A Tangela stood in front of a large muscular man, his head was shaved bald and his jacket was sleeveless. He grinned with pride as his Tangela tightened its vines around the neck of a Patrat, strangling the helpless Normal type. The Patrat's trainer, a much smaller and scrawnier man watches helplessly as his Pokemon is tossed to the ground, unconscious.

"Patrat is unable to battle", a figure wearing a Houndoom mask shouts out to the crowd. "Trent and Tangela are the victors!" The crowd cheers wildly as the brawny man is proclaimed victor. You watch as the smaller man is pulled from the arena, the Pokeball he is holding is ripped from his hands by a guard who recalls the unconscious Patrat. What Jacob has said was true. "That is two consecutive wins for Trent, one more and he will be eligible for selection! Who will be his final opponent?"

"Goodluck, you are going to need it", Madame Marsh pushes you in the back, causing you to trip and fall into the arena. You land on the soft sand with a thud, thankfully you rise to your feet without injury.

"You give me this whelp as a final challenge?" Trent shouts out to the crowd, who erupt who begin to boo you. "If it is wish than I shall tear her Pokemon apart! Face me girl, face me and fall!" The crowd begins to cheer once more as they continue to show favour for Trent and his Tangela. There was only one way you were getting out of here and Trent was standing in your way.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-06-2017 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:28 AM   #202
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- The situation is beginning to look dire, with Venu now confused and facing two wild Pokemon with a distinct type advantage. The one thing the Ivysaur has on its side is experience, both in terms of level and its trainer. You reach for a nearby frying pan, luckily it is a nice large one and you quickly pull it up to shield your eyes. Venu hears your orders and fights through the confusion as he lets out a blinding flash. The light reflects off the frying pan, saving your own eyes while the same can not be said for the poor Espurr. You hear them hiss in pain as their eyes are blinded by the flash, their world suddenly becoming bright and blurry. As the pair stumble around and try to adjust to their reduced vision, Venu attempts to capitalize. You can see the Ivysaur is trying its best to overcome its condition but before long it becomes obvious that Venu is fighting a losing battle. The Ivysaur sends razor sharp leaves spinning around the kitchen, most of which just shatter plates and bowls while some ricochet, flying back and striking Venu.

While Venu only manages to hurt himself, the Espurr have regained their senses and have gone back on the offensive. Venu is sent flying around the kitchen once more as the Espurr's eyes light up with psychic energy. Your head throbs even harder as the latent energy in the room continues to build, cutlery begins to float into the air, the Espurr's power was beginning to grow. Venu picks himself up, the sudden impact seems to have loosened his mind slightly. His flower begins to open once more, but this time it isn't a sweet scent that is released. Instead tiny spores begin to flow from the flower, streaming out towards the young Psychic type Pokemon. Try as they might the Espurr cannot help but inhale the spores, their eyes quickly grow heavy and they soon fall asleep. As soon as they do the psychic energy that had filled the room retreats, causing the cutlery to drop to the floor. You relax a little as your head is released from the vice-like grip of the psychic energy. The Espurr curl up alongside one another, they seemed harmless in their slumbering state.

Venu gained two levels from the fight!

The door swings open as the bartender enters, "ahh Espurrs, can't say I'm entirely surprised by that. They only look young, must have gotten scared during the storm and fled in here." Brandy and Jenny appear behind the bartender, Jenny weaves her way through to get a proper look at the Pokemon.

"Kitties!" Jenny shouts as she sees the pair of slumbering Espurr, she quickly races across to them before any of you can stop her. She quickly scoops up the two feline Pokemon, embracing them as she carries them back over to you. "Look how cute they are Mister Gary, can I look after them?"

The bartender leads you all out of the kitchen, instructing Brandy to watch Jenny and the two Espurr while he fulfills his end of the bargain. "Thanks for subduing those pair, hopefully they won't be all fired up when they wake. I'm a man of my word and I will tell you what I know of her father, just don't go spouting out where you heard it from okay?" The bartender invites you to sit down as he does the same. "So her father and a couple of other men came in the other night, they seemed quite upset about a recent gang fight destroying their property. They spent a few hours here, discussing how they could get revenge and develop a way to protect themselves from the gangs. I overheard one of them mention a Shells warehouse in the Mall district where they store Pokemon. I don't know what they indeed to do with that information but I guess it's a lead for you to work." The bartender had upheld his end of the bargain, providing you with a lead on Jenny's father's location. However the lead was in a hostile area, not exactly a place you could drag a young girl through, but what other option did you have?"
Gary carefully peeked out from behind a frying pan as he clutched the handle and held it in front of his face to shield his eyes. A grin crept onto his face as Venu seemed to handle the Confusion like a champ and executed his orders. He first lit up like a Christmas tree, his Flash temporarily blinding and disorienting the Espurrs. Next, Venu fired off an array of Razor Leaves, leaving a bit more collateral damage than he would have preferred, but it seemed to do the trick. As the Espurr launched another psychic assault on the Ivysaur, Venu finished things off by releasing a cloud of Sleep Powder into the air, neutralizing the kittens for good.

“Awesome work, thanks Venu!” Gary called out, returning Venu to his Pokeball. “Take a rest for now.” Gary examined the Espurrs quietly for a closer look as the bartender, the waitress, and Jenny entered the kitchen. Gary smiled as Jenny eagerly picked up the sleeping kittens, hoping to look after them. Turning his attention to the bartender, the old man followed through on his promise and told Gary about what happened with Jenny’s father.

According to the bartender, a recent gang fight had resulted in the destruction of some property and a lot of people were not happy about it, including Jenny’s father. They had plotted revenge and apparently left to take action at a Shells warehouse in the Mall district. Gary wouldn’t know for sure what happened after that, but this was a big lead at least. Promising to not involve the Drunken Druddigon’s involvement, Gary spoke up, “Could you possibly give my directions to this warehouse? I think I would like to do some recon around there.”

Gary knew right away that this was a mission that would easily be jeopardized by bringing a small girl along, so he then turned to Jenny and smiled. “Jenny I’ve got a very important task for you while I go out to look for your dad. I need you to nurse those Espurrs back to health because they are very hungry and scared right now. Can I trust you with that?”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #203
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- You express your willingness to do what you can to aid Jacob, much to his pleasure. "Thank you miss, I will keep an eye on you from the crowd, if I find any information I will get it to you somehow. Don't trust any of the other combatants, they're all seeking to further their own cause." With that Jacob disappears into the shadows, leaving you to make your way into the quarry, although you were almost certain that it was not the last time you would see him.

You emerge from where Jacob had pulled you and make your way into the quarry, breaking into a jog to make up for the time Jacob had cost you. The quarry did indeed seem abandoned, you frantically look for a tunnel entry marked with red like Officer Derek had described. You're over halfway through the quarry when you spot it, not due to the red markings but due to the tunnel entry with two guards standing in front of it. They were both dressed entirely in black, likely freelance thugs with no link to either gang. They stop you as you approach, their hands dropping to the guns holstered on their hips. The smaller of the pair welcomes you, "why hello there cutie pie. What is a pretty little thing like you doing out here? Surely you don't intend to enter the fights? A weakling like yourself would be lucky to last a minute. Registrations are about to close for tonight so what will it be?"

"She is obviously here to fight", a figure emerges from the shadows, dressed in a black suit and carrying a small electronic tablet. A Magneton floats behind the woman, the electricity causes her long blonde hair to frizzle. "She wouldn't be here if she didn't intend to fight and now that she is here she has no other option. Magneton if you will?" The Electric type buzzes as it manipulates a small metallic bracelet, quickly sending it flying towards you. It wraps around your wrist and try as you might you cannot get it off. "Don't bother, it doesn't come off until you lose or you win yourself a position, consider it an insurance policy. My name is Madame Marsh, I organise these events. Your first fight begins shortly, follow me."

With no other option due to the bracelet on your wrist, you follow Madame Marsh as she leads you down the tunnel. Various smaller tunnels branch off from the main one, you occasionally spot a people walking through them. The main tunnel soon opens up to reveal a large cavern, most likely mined out years ago. Now seats have been carved into the stone and the cavern is filled with people. The crowd fills the cavern with cries and shouts, every person here was dressed in black, likely to hide any allegiance they held to a particular gang. The middle of the cavern was occupied by a large, sand filled arena, sunken down into the ground to stop the battles spilling out into the crowd. A large podium took up a portion of the far wall, a few large chairs placed on it, likely reserved for people of importance. Madame Marsh leads you down to the edge of the arena, it seemed there were already two people fighting! A Tangela stood in front of a large muscular man, his head was shaved bald and his jacket was sleeveless. He grinned with pride as his Tangela tightened its vines around the neck of a Patrat, strangling the helpless Normal type. The Patrat's trainer, a much smaller and scrawnier man watches helplessly as his Pokemon is tossed to the ground, unconscious.

"Patrat is unable to battle", a figure wearing a Houndoom mask shouts out to the crowd. "Trent and Tangela are the victors!" The crowd cheers wildly as the brawny man is proclaimed victor. You watch as the smaller man is pulled from the arena, the Pokeball he is holding is ripped from his hands by a guard who recalls the unconscious Patrat. What Jacob has said was true. "That is two consecutive wins for Trent, one more and he will be eligible for selection! Who will be his final opponent?"

"Goodluck, you are going to need it", Madame Marsh pushes you in the back, causing you to trip and fall into the arena. You land on the soft sand with a thud, thankfully you rise to your feet without injury.

"You give me this whelp as a final challenge?" Trent shouts out to the crowd, who erupt who begin to boo you. "If it is wish than I shall tear her Pokemon apart! Face me girl, face me and fall!" The crowd begins to cheer once more as they continue to show favour for Trent and his Tangela. There was only one way you were getting out of here and Trent was standing in your way.

The mine was, well, exactly what one would expect if that as all you knew about it. Dusty, rocky, kinda empty... at least it wasn't of the explosive variety, right? Regardless, the roar of the crowd eventually came to the undercover girl's ears, finally alerting that she had been heading in the right direction all along. Somehow, she had managed to keep her cool relatively well on the way here, but the nervousness was finally starting to let itself be known. "It's too late to turn back. I really oughta get my act together," she muttered to herself as the noise grew ever louder.

The guards at the entrance certainly didn't do much to ease her nerves, but thankfully she didn't have to deal with them. The woman who served as their superior, on the other hand... she and her magneton were quick to prove themselves beyond Ami's current skill level. "Ack!" The iron band came both suddenly and painfully, and refused to budge, a fact that Madame Marsh (a name to remember, for sure) was happy to confirm. It stung, but at least it was on the opposite arm from her Z-Ring- it might've been disastrous if the bracelet hit said relic!

"Your first fight begins shortly," may have been what Ami was told, but just how shortly was simply bewildering. Ignoring the sheer size of the crowd, looking about revealed that the current battle was coming to a slow and excruciating end. There was little doubt in her mind that the rodent would be considered damaged goods he it wasn't brought to a healing center soon, but there was likely little chance of that happening. She sent her silent regards to the creature as the masked referee declared the match to be over, revealing that it took three wins in a row to get a spot. "Good luck, you are going to need it."

The girl tripped and fell into the sand, having lost her balance when Madame Marsh pushed her into the ring. "You give me this whelp as a final challenge?" the two-time victor shouted as she picked herself up and stepped the rest of the way into the ring. "If it is your wish than I shall tear her Pokemon apart! Face me girl, face me and fall!"

Her familiarity with her enemy's pokemon dispelled most of the nervousness she had gathered on the way in. "Haven't I already fallen, though?" she shot back, determined to make up for her poor first impression. She reached into her hoodie's pocket and procured a distinctive dark gray pokeball with pulsing violet lines. "In any case, I'm sure your little shrubbery will find this one hard to tear apart!" She tossed the orb into the air, and a large acorn fell twirling to the ground, little sparkles following her in a downward spiral pattern. The seedot narrowed her eyes at her apparent opponent and made a sort of rapid clicking noise, evidently trying to make the larger Grass Type aware that she wasn't going to back down. "Glimmer, why don't you go ahead and Harden your heart, followed by unleashing an Attack that will blow them into the Sky!"

It was finally time to see what the newest member of the crew could do!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 07-07-2017, 04:48 AM   #204
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Sandaa- Finally getting a lead on Jenny's father's whereabouts, you inquire as to the location of the Ribs warehouse. Unfortunately, the bartender isn't privy to the warehouses exact location. "I wish I could tell you where the warehouse is but to be honest I'm not sure anyone other than the Ribs would know its location. I dare say Jenny's father and his pals would have had to bust a few heads to try and discern the location of the warehouse, that or they knew something that I don't. I wouldn't suggest openly walking the streets hoping to find it, that's just asking for trouble. I would try and get a hold of a lone Rib and try to 'force' the location out of them. Jenny is welcome to stay here while you search, if need be she can go home with Brandy, she only lives across the road." The bartender provides you with a little guidance, but finding the location of the warehouse was going to difficult.

Having gathered all the information you could from the bartender, you turn your attention to Jenny. The young girl was still fawning over the two sleeping Espurr, Brandy the barmaid watched her closely as she continued to clean the bar. You explain to Jenny that you need her to look after the Espurr while you go to search for her father. "Sure Mister Gary! I will look after these two cuties while you go look for Daddy, hopefully he lets me keep them!" Jenny seemed more than happy to stay and look after the Espurr, although it seemed she was getting a little attached to them. With that taken care of it was time to leave, it would take some time to get to the Ribcage Mall and start searching for the warehouse.

You leave the Drunken Druddigon and head east towards the Ribs main hideout, the Ribcage Mall. You notice most of the houses on the border between Shanty Heights and the Ribcage Mall are abandoned, the residents not wishing to be so close to the gang's headquarters. As you approach the old shopping district, you decide to take cover behind a nearby building, you would need to think of a plan before you go any further. You hear voices, poking your head out for a moment you spot two Ribs walking through the streets, thankfully not in your direction.

Medmana- Despite being tossed straight into the arena, you harden your resolve and show no signs of fear. Your little shot at Trent gets you a couple of laughs from the crowd, your first taste of crowds ability to empower the fighters. You quickly make a choice of Pokemon to tackle the Tangela, settling on a fellow Grass type. Glimmer burst from her Pokeball, the little Seedot lands on the soft sand, quickly welcomed by awed cries from the crowd. It seems the shiny specimen was as revered here as it was elsewhere, any bit of support you gained from the crowd would be welcomed.

"Tangela verse Seedot, which Grass type will reign supreme?!" The Houndoom masked presenter cries out to the crowd. "The winner will gain glory, the loser forfeits their Pokemon! Let the battle begin!"

The tiny acorn immediately begins to glisten even brighter, hardening her shell in preparation for the Tangela's assault. Trent laughed as he continued to underestimate your capabilities. "Tangela uses Poison Powder, then boost yourself up with a Growth!" The Tangela wriggles its vines around, expelling a strange cloud of purple powder that wafts through the air towards Glimmer. The poisonous substance surrounds the Seedot and begins to sink into her body. Glimmer was now obviously poisoned, dark bags developed under her eyes and she clearly looked unwell.

Although she now found herself in a nasty spot, at the mercy of prolonged damage from the poison, Shimmer wasn't about to give up. She began to glow once more, although this time much more brightly. Power began to grow around the tiny Seedot and she began to float up off the ground, much to the surprise of Trent and the crowd. As Shimmer continued to gather energy, Tangela started to boost its own strength. Its body began to swell as it underwent a sudden growth in power, its attack and special attack increasing in the process. All attention shifts back to Shimmer though as the energy seems to have reached its peak and begins to morph into what appears to be a pair of large angelic wings. The Seedot suddenly launches up into the air, the crowd are silenced as they watch the Grass type arc towards the roof, only to quickly turn and dive back down towards the Tangela. Cheers shake the cavern as the winged Seedot slams into the surprised Tangela, who is sent tumbling backwards through the sand by the staggering super effective attack.

The Tangela rises back onto its red boots, although it was already looking rather roughed up from that exchange. You look around the crowd, you spot Madame Marsh, a giant smile rests on her face. A look to the previously empty podium reveals two figures who have arrived since the start of the fight. They sit on opposite sides, obviously eager to avoid one another. Both men seemed impressed by the exchange but there was still plenty to come in this fight. You notice Glimmer shake as she retreats a little after her powerful attack, the poison was already starting to chip away at her health.

"Maybe you have more to offer than I first thought" Trent sneers at you, "but it will take more than that little surprise to knock us off! Tangela Constrict into a Body Slam!"

Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #205
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- Despite being tossed straight into the arena, you harden your resolve and show no signs of fear. Your little shot at Trent gets you a couple of laughs from the crowd, your first taste of crowds ability to empower the fighters. You quickly make a choice of Pokemon to tackle the Tangela, settling on a fellow Grass type. Glimmer burst from her Pokeball, the little Seedot lands on the soft sand, quickly welcomed by awed cries from the crowd. It seems the shiny specimen was as revered here as it was elsewhere, any bit of support you gained from the crowd would be welcomed.

"Tangela verse Seedot, which Grass type will reign supreme?!" The Houndoom masked presenter cries out to the crowd. "The winner will gain glory, the loser forfeits their Pokemon! Let the battle begin!"

The tiny acorn immediately begins to glisten even brighter, hardening her shell in preparation for the Tangela's assault. Trent laughed as he continued to underestimate your capabilities. "Tangela uses Poison Powder, then boost yourself up with a Growth!" The Tangela wriggles its vines around, expelling a strange cloud of purple powder that wafts through the air towards Glimmer. The poisonous substance surrounds the Seedot and begins to sink into her body. Glimmer was now obviously poisoned, dark bags developed under her eyes and she clearly looked unwell.

Although she now found herself in a nasty spot, at the mercy of prolonged damage from the poison, Shimmer wasn't about to give up. She began to glow once more, although this time much more brightly. Power began to grow around the tiny Seedot and she began to float up off the ground, much to the surprise of Trent and the crowd. As Shimmer continued to gather energy, Tangela started to boost its own strength. Its body began to swell as it underwent a sudden growth in power, its attack and special attack increasing in the process. All attention shifts back to Shimmer though as the energy seems to have reached its peak and begins to morph into what appears to be a pair of large angelic wings. The Seedot suddenly launches up into the air, the crowd are silenced as they watch the Grass type arc towards the roof, only to quickly turn and dive back down towards the Tangela. Cheers shake the cavern as the winged Seedot slams into the surprised Tangela, who is sent tumbling backwards through the sand by the staggering super effective attack.

The Tangela rises back onto its red boots, although it was already looking rather roughed up from that exchange. You look around the crowd, you spot Madame Marsh, a giant smile rests on her face. A look to the previously empty podium reveals two figures who have arrived since the start of the fight. They sit on opposite sides, obviously eager to avoid one another. Both men seemed impressed by the exchange but there was still plenty to come in this fight. You notice Glimmer shake as she retreats a little after her powerful attack, the poison was already starting to chip away at her health.

"Maybe you have more to offer than I first thought" Trent sneers at you, "but it will take more than that little surprise to knock us off! Tangela Constrict into a Body Slam!"
Well, the crowd's attention sure was caught, at least. Loud cheering echoed all throughout the makeshift stadium, Madame had a stupid big grin on her face (though that could be from the idea of potentially getting to sell this gem of an acorn?), and a couple more apparent big shots had taken up their places in the reserved booth and a matter of seconds. Of course, there was a perfectly valid reason for all this- even Ami couldn't help but be in awe of her own pokemon's beauty in delivering such a powerful blow.

She couldn't let herself get carried away by such little things, however. Trent's tangela was still standing, and its trainer was not quite as entranced by the Sky Attack as everyone else. The girl thought Grass Types cared little for powder-based attacks, and yet Glimmer got poisoned during the previous exchange anyway. To add insult to injury, the tangela had strengthened itself to counteract Glimmer's Harden. Add the fact that they now knew about the Sky Attack, the one big trick the seedot had, and you had a recipe for a much more difficult battle going forward.

Or not. While the Poison and the enemy's Attack buff would be threatening under most circumstances, they only fueled the one trick every seedot knows from birth. "You're going full offensive?" Ami asked with a raised eyebrow. "I thought battling with a tangela typically took more patience then that. Oh well," she gave a non-committal shrug. "We can always Bide our time in your stead."

Old 07-07-2017, 10:54 PM   #206
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

Ribcage Mall

Whimsy:

Urine.

It’s a flavor that’s pretty unmistakable. The sort of thing one doesn’t typically have to have consumed prior, to recognize. Michael, it seems, is a rare exception, as he happily eats away at the suspect ice treat, even as Princess throws hers into a nearby bush. Struggling to withhold his laughter, Houston offers his to Blue, but the Panpour has better instincts than you. Princess covers her face with one hand, unable to continue watching you eat pee, and smacks the popcicle out of your hand.

“Didn’t anyone tell you not to take shit from strangers?” She asks, as she takes Houston’s away and flings it into a nearby parking lot. She shoves her knit projects into a messenger bag hanging from one shoulder before it gets any wee on it, before waggling a finger at Ryan, looking unimpressed.

“Don’t feed my new lackey piss,” she complains.

“Excuse you,” he balks, indignant. “It was piss and sugar.”

While you’re busy registering the fact that you’ve been busy sucking on a frozen stick of -- presumably -- human wizz, the Ribs continue to argue amongst themselves. You hear something about ‘fudge’ pops but the world is sort of a blur with the knowledge that there’s been pee in your mouth, and you aren’t listening.

After a few minutes of dealing with that life-changing experience, you return to the land of the living to find that the conversation has shifted away from biohazardous treats to more serious topics.

“...Syd bailed,” Princess is saying. Though she’s maintaining a straight face, there’s a subtle sadness in her voice. It must be hard, you realize, to have your spouse leave everything you stand for, even if everything you stand for involves giving strangers pee to eat.

“Shit, really?” Ryan asks. His demeanor has changed, and he almost sounds solemn. It seems like they must have been friends. “That’s not like S.”

“Well, with the baby-” Houston interjects.

“Yeah, about that,” Ryan interrupts, reluctantly. “We all know that ain’t Syd’s...”

“Shut the fuck up, what do you know?” Princess snaps. She clutches her stomach defensively. There’s a beat of awkward silence, and then Houston is the one to continue.

“...we’re going after Syd, Ryan. We figure we can still catch up before the Marshals get involved.”

Ryan clicks his tongue against his teeth. He knows what Houston is getting at. Leaning on his elbows against the service counter, he sighs. “...fine,” he finally concedes. “Passenger door’s unlocked. Hop in.”

Looks like you’ve caught yourself a ride. It’ll make catching up to Syd a lot quicker, but are you willing to ride with a man who fed you his urine?

Michael was ready to accept that the ice lolly might taste like piss, but he wasn’t ready for it to actually be piss. He gagged, mentally making a note to write an angry letter to Bear Grylls for severely overselling the bodily fluid. As he spat the frozen confection out however, a weird part of his brain told him to taste it again, just for the hell of it. He was almost about to, completely aware that it was going to be disgusting, before Princess slapped it out of his hands. He was about to protest but the woman had already cut him off.

“Well, I remember being taught something along those lines, I think. I wasn’t paying attention.”

He left the Ribs to their argument, mostly to try to save face. Blue, trying to hide the fact that he was also on the edge of laughter also, slapped his trainer across the back of the head.

“H-hey! I thought he might surprise me. You would have done the same!” Michael grumbled, aware that Blue would not (and did not) do the same. Oh god, if they ever got home he’d never hear the last of it from everyone. He could almost see Zeke trying to get him to fall for that same trick again…

Deciding to leave the details of buying his Panpour’s silence for later, Michael decided to return to the present time and pretend like he had listened to what he was being told. Luckily for him, he’d tuned back in when the conversation wasn’t about more noxious confections. Even the normally oblivious Michael could tell that Syd going awol like this was affecting the Rib members more than they wanted to let on. He would’ve tried to reassure them if it wasn’t for the fact that they’d probably find it completely condescending. Besides, he wasn’t good with words anyway. He much preferred actions. And with that, He made his way into the passenger’s side of the ice cream van. As he got in the van he couldn’t help but remember bits and pieces of another thing he’d been taught when he was younger. Something about going with strangers in vans and being offered candy?

Eh, whatever it was, it was probably fine.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 07-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #207
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Medmana- The battle seemed to be swinging in your favour already, but now Trent and his Tangela were threatening to go on the offensive. It suited Shimmer and yourself just fine though, if there was one thing a Seedot could do it was Bide their time. A red aura surrounds Shimmer as the Tangela approaches, snake like vines dart out from its main body towards the Seedot. The vines quickly wrap around Glimmer, the Tangela tightens its grip as tries to crush the acorn. However painful the attack is, Glimmer doesn't show it. She is aided by her defense boost and the aura around her continues to grow as the Tangela continues its assault.

Displeased with not wrangling the Seedot into submission, the Tangela slams the opposing Grass type into the sand, keeping it pinned with its vines as it approaches. Its red boots carry it swiftly across the sand, it leaps as it nears Glimmer before slamming down on top of her with the full weight of its body. The aura surrounding Glimmer begins to glow even brighter. The Tangela had fallen into a trap, Glimmer releases the energy in the form of a powerful beam. The beam rockets up towards the roof of the cavern, the Tangela is sent flying back by the sheer force of the attack. The crowd cheers as the underdog unleashes another powerful attack on the highly favoured Tangela, who seems to be shaking in his boots. The crowds roar makes Glimmer feel a little better as she is forced to endure another shock of pain from the poison in her body, hopefully she could finish the Tangela soon so that she could be treated.

"The tide of battle seems to favour the newcomer!" The Houndoom masked presenter continues to pump up the crowd. "Surely this is the end for Trent and Tangela! However I doubt the pair are about to concede!"

Old 07-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #208
Patches
Shake it!

Kawaii - While your Pokemon and Jeremy are running as fast as they can to get to you, you are left on your own with the Ducklett. You have a lot of faith that this little one has what it takes to be a hero and give her a kiss before placing her down on the ground. This is her chance to redeem herself for her failure earlier. She knew that she needed to concentrate or else she would make the same mistake all over again. With her determination strong, she takes a deep breath, and releases a Water Gun on the burning building. This time, she manages to keep it under control but the flames are just too much for the little duck. Her water hits a small fire at the base of the building and at first, appears to be putting it out, but it’s not long before that area is taken over by even larger flames. It looks like the flames are too much for one little Ducklett to handle. She begins to feel a bit discouraged but is happy to know she at least had control over her attack this time.

Suddenly, Frieghya arrives on the scene and is finally back at your side along with your other Pokemon that were riding her back. She is so happy to see that nothing bad has happened to you in her absence. Jeremy wasn’t too far behind and it looks like he was followed by several other volunteers! Luck is finally on your side now. “Kawaii! I’m glad to see you’re alright.” Once Jeremy arrives, he acknowledges that you’re safe and then he begins to direct the volunteers that followed him to the scene toward the water bucket pulley system, putting them to work. Since they are all new volunteers he is instructing all of them on how to operate the system efficiently. That is when a person yells out. “What about that lady who ran inside of the building!?” When Jeremy hears that there is a person in there his face goes pale, little does he know, that person is Samantha. The first thing he thinks to do is run inside of the building himself to rescue this person so he runs to the door. When he looks inside he sees that Samantha and Mathilda are huddled in a corner with a fire closing them in. “Samantha! Mathilda!” He runs inside and that’s when he realizes that he doesn’t have any water on him. He didn’t bring any water Pokemon and currently the buckets are being used outside but even so, he would only be able to carry one and only one bucket isn’t going to be enough. You worry when Jeremy doesn’t come back out and peek inside, seeing the dangerous situation Samantha and Mathilda are in. What will you do?

Connor - After quickly taking in the situation, you are forced to think fast, very fast. You relay your plans to Sophie and she wastes no time relaying them to everyone else. This entire situation is practically playing out in slow motion to you, you can’t believe you are holding a gun and right now a maniac is coming at your Pokemon with a knife. As Houndour proceeds to let his Ember loose, Ivy is a bit nervous because he can clearly see the knife heading straight for him but he decides to trust that you’ll protect him and does his best to dodge the embers while aiming his vines at the Solrock. The vines smack into the Solrock a few times and not only is it super effective, it’s also a direct hit! You can tell the Solrock really felt that one as it momentarily dropped to the ground before levitating once again. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much Ivy could do and he gets hit by a few of the embers that came his way. The good news is that he was only hit by very little, the Pokemon that took the brunt of it was Glameow, Solrock was hit too but it barely seemed to be bothered by it. You were only half watching the battle though because at the same time, your other Pokemon were working to get the knife wielding man back in check.

Joss uses Supersonic on the gang member, once the soundwaves hit him it causes him to pause momentarily. It doesn’t confuse him in the way it would a Pokemon, but the sound does still seem to confuse him for a moment since he wasn’t expecting it. Only a split second after Joss’ attack hits is when Sophie’s attack makes contact. The Psywave had created an odd force that went right through the gang member, disorienting him. His disorientation made it so that when you went in to incapacitate him, it should have worked perfectly, of course nothing is ever perfect, but at least the results were close. You go to strike his temple with the butt of the gun, but he does see it coming which causes him to attempt to dodge. Fortunately, he is still a bit too thrown off by your Pokemon’s attacks so he doesn’t manage to dodge entirely. The butt of the gun makes contact, hitting him hard enough to drop the knife out of reflex so that he could grab his head where it hurts. Unfortunately, it didn’t stop him for too long.

“Wat da hell yo!” He shoves you backwards and you tumble on top of Ivy. You quickly roll off of him but Ivy is not pleased with being momentarily sat on, at least it didn’t seem to hurt him. While you’re on the ground the gang member yells out to his Pokemon. “Solrock, keep usin’ dat Rock Throw an’ don’ stop!” After he finishes with his command his sights are set on that knife sitting at your feet. The other member also yells out commands for his Pokemon. “Glameow use Scratch on that damn dog!” Seems like that member is letting his buddy handle you, and of course, Thornhammer appears to be in his own little world and seems to be completely ignorant of the fact that you are having a bit of a situation over here even though it’s happening right in front of his face. He is still just focusing on this battle, or at least that is what you think at first. “Houndour, I know we are in closed quarters here but do your best to keep your attacks focused on Glameow from here on out! Now use another Ember!” Based on how he worded his commands for Houndour, there is a chance he actually did notice Ivy get hit. Does he see that you are really having a hard time over here and is just choosing to let you handle it? Or maybe he saw that the attack didn't really effect Solrock so now he's just choosing to focus on Glameow for that reason. You don’t know for sure. The Ribs member in front of you is now in the process of diving for the knife at your feet and there is also an intense battle going down right next to you. What will you do?
Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #209
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- Finally getting a lead on Jenny's father's whereabouts, you inquire as to the location of the Ribs warehouse. Unfortunately, the bartender isn't privy to the warehouses exact location. "I wish I could tell you where the warehouse is but to be honest I'm not sure anyone other than the Ribs would know its location. I dare say Jenny's father and his pals would have had to bust a few heads to try and discern the location of the warehouse, that or they knew something that I don't. I wouldn't suggest openly walking the streets hoping to find it, that's just asking for trouble. I would try and get a hold of a lone Rib and try to 'force' the location out of them. Jenny is welcome to stay here while you search, if need be she can go home with Brandy, she only lives across the road." The bartender provides you with a little guidance, but finding the location of the warehouse was going to difficult.

Having gathered all the information you could from the bartender, you turn your attention to Jenny. The young girl was still fawning over the two sleeping Espurr, Brandy the barmaid watched her closely as she continued to clean the bar. You explain to Jenny that you need her to look after the Espurr while you go to search for her father. "Sure Mister Gary! I will look after these two cuties while you go look for Daddy, hopefully he lets me keep them!" Jenny seemed more than happy to stay and look after the Espurr, although it seemed she was getting a little attached to them. With that taken care of it was time to leave, it would take some time to get to the Ribcage Mall and start searching for the warehouse.

You leave the Drunken Druddigon and head east towards the Ribs main hideout, the Ribcage Mall. You notice most of the houses on the border between Shanty Heights and the Ribcage Mall are abandoned, the residents not wishing to be so close to the gang's headquarters. As you approach the old shopping district, you decide to take cover behind a nearby building, you would need to think of a plan before you go any further. You hear voices, poking your head out for a moment you spot two Ribs walking through the streets, thankfully not in your direction.
Gary was hoping the bartender could give him directions or a map on how to get to the Ribs’ warehouse, but unfortunately that is where his lead went cold. He would have to go to the Mall District and snoop around for himself. If push came to shove, he might need to use some aggressive interrogation practices in order to get where he needed to go. Violence wasn’t something Gary was used to, but he knew how to defend himself in the very least.

Saying goodbye to Jenny, who promised to look after the two sleeping Espurr kittens, Gary left the Drunken Druddigon and made his way back onto the main street and headed in the direction of the Mall District. As he got closer to Ribcage Mall, he noticed that a lot of the buildings had long since been abandoned. Because he was now in enemy territory, Gary decided to take shelter behind an abandoned building in order to form a plan of attack. As the minutes passed by, Gary heard some voices coming from around the corner.

Peeking out from behind the building, Gary watched on as two Ribs gang members made their way down the street. This could be his chance to get a lead on their headquarters. However, Gary knew his basic math, and he was not confident that he could take on two men at once. Gonna have to tail them for now, he thought, planning to sneak behind them as quietly as he could. Pulling out a Pokeball, Gary ducked back into cover and released the Pokemon inside.

Popping out of the Pokeball, a small Aipom appeared and instantly climbed up Gary’s arm and sat on his shoulder. “Alright Scurvy, I have a job for you,” Gary said sternly as the Aipom blankly stared back with a goofy grin. “We’re going to tail those guys walking down the street. I want you to climb up the side of the building and get a bird’s-eye view in case there’s trouble up ahead, got it?” Scurvy grinned and gave a salute accompanied by an “Ai ai!” before leaping off of Gary’s shoulder and onto a fire escape. “If things get dicey, I’m counting on you to bail me out with a Swift or Astonish or something, okay?” Gary whispered after his Pokemon. He peered back around the corner, ready to give the gang members some distance before following after them.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #210
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

: (4 of 6 confirmed: Vaporeon, Starly, Kangaskhan, Mandibuzz)

One look at the cables was enough to make you say no to climbing up anything, choosing instead to cut the knot as it were by calling upon the favours of your Mandibuzz to cross a gap towards a staircase leading further up. The vulture wasn't entertained by your request, but reluctantly allows you on board as you grapple with your joey in one arm and cling onto Palaho with the other as Ikaika retains her grip on your shoulder, looking up at the ceiling with anticipation, though you couldn't tell due to being focused on not looking down that her sight wasn't on the Pidove.

With a deep croon, the dark type spreads her wings and gives several flaps before leaping off the balcony and beginning to dive down, and your efforts to keep your focus on the target is unceremoniously thrown out the window as the dive naturally sends your gaze downwards, to the ground, before rising as the Mandibuzz uses the momentum of the drop to fly upwards and land on the balcony safely, outside the staircase. After ignoring your admonishments for pushing your acrophobia forth, seemingly a punishment for making her do something so menial, you slowly climb the staircase, body trembling as ‘Ōpio hops off your grip and bounds after you. Palaho then takes another few flaps to the high ledge above as you follow the staircase up.

The sight before you is impressive to say the least, with the cables in their mesh format just above you, the occasional flash of lightning in the sky causing them to glisten mesmerisingly, while leftover bales of cable lie here and there for repairs it appears, and as the larger avian lands, your ears catch the faint sound of chatter. It appears the Ribs may approve of your choice of path, but given the height, you're not keen to answer. The Pidove, too, appears to acknowledge your approach, and as you gaze at it, you can feel its respect for you grow as it cooes, flutters its wings...and fails to move off the cable. At first confused, the pigeon tries once more, with a little more force, and again fails as puzzlement grows to concern, its small feet appearing tangled to your eyes.

As you step forwards gingerly for a closer look, you have an unsettling feeling, similar to your fear of heights, but much more pronounced, but fail to comprehend why as the Kangaskhan idly toys around with one of the bales as Ikaika leaves your shoulder to ensure they don't accidentally fall off the ledge, while Palaho sneers at the snared bird, not impressed, but her frown is wiped from her head within a few seconds as you take a closer look at the Pidove and the cable, and make a startling discovery on the nature of the cable.

It's silk. Sticky silk.

Before you can act, something snaps around your legs and hauls you clean off the ledge with a horrified shriek escaping your lips as you're launched forwards and flying, pulled by something powerful. Your impromptu flight sends your flailing gaze down to the ground, some 120 feet below or so, and you find yourself hauled upwards and over a lower rafter, before dangling upside down. Quickly glancing at your legs, you find them wrapped in a web of silk as thick as the cabling, preventing your escape, and follow the silk over the rafter to the source, eyes wide open in fear as you discover what the Starly seemed focused on, the shape revealed amidst the backdrop of the biggest crack of lightning yet.

You're hanging before the largest spider you have ever seen, the creature's gold and purple legs thicker than your legs and longer than the Mandibuzz's wingspan, fangs bigger than your head, connected to a reddish body that has to be at least twelve feet long, and hungry eyes staring you, lunch. As if to confirm the supersized Ariados didn't get that big off mere Rattata, a clatter where your pokemon are situated reveals the bales of cable are in reality the remains of whatever it had consumed, and your Kangaskhan kid was now playfully rolling what was beyond a shadow of a doubt a human skull, oblivious to what it is while Ikaika stands, slightly surprised by the size of her apparent foe, Palaho's frown now a full glare and the Pidove's face marked with guilt, horror and concern in equal measures.

The Ariados clacks its jaws giddily as the rear end connects your sheathe to the now-clear web and slowly but surely begins to crawls towards you, the sight of you reflected off predatory eyes as it begins to salivate...

Terror. Pants-pissing terror. Did Tate piss? Yes, but only a little. It didn't even really make it through the pants much. Maybe a spot the size of a bottle cap. Don't judge.

Tate was, of course, also enamored by the arachnid. Fascinated. Fond, even. It brought to mind memories of Johto, and were Tate not suspended high above the ground and being sized up as a succulent meal, the trainer from just northwest of New Bark might have tried to make friends with the creepy-crawly. As it stood, however, Tate just wanted to fucking live.

"G-guys!" Tate called out to Pahalo and Ikaika, seeking help. It dimply occurred to thr bird keeper that they had the type advantage which was nice, but type advantages meant jack shit if they became lunch. "A-a little help, please!"

Profoundly unimpressed with the situation, Pahalo takes flight, the stiff feathers of her beating wings hard as steel. Inspired by her teammate's no-nonsense attitude, Ikaika does what she can to try to attract the Ariados' attention, while Tate struggles to grab hold of the web from wich the trainer is suspended, desprate to hoist oneself into a semi-upright position before the blood rushing to an increasingly light head leads to unconsciousness.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 07-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #211
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
Maskerade: Announcing yourself loudly as you enter the Headquarters, you expect to be greeted warmly, with thanks and gratitude for your earnest offering of assistance. However, as you look around the admittedly rather pokey room you find yourself standing in, something of a makeshift crisis center with wooden tables dragged haphazardly around the room to serve as desks for working officers, you find yourself thrust into a rather bizarre situation.

Standing in the center of the room, commanding the attention of every officer surrounding, was a veritable bull of a man. His height was staggering - almost comical - and his body was similarly sculpted, with his uniform clearly threatening to burst open, the thin fabric taut across his muscles. His eyes were tiny and deep set, two small spheres of abject green fury. A moustache was littered with small specks of spittle, having found themselves there after being ejected forcefully from the mouth of the furious man. His head looked like a squeezed thumb, tinged red with anger - an almost bulbous vein snaking across his forehead. His bald head reflected the light from a nearby swinging ceiling lamp, causing the unfortunate recipient of the mans tirade to squint away, presumably only egging on the larger, angrier man more. As you adjust to this crazy situation, you notice that his target is significantly smaller - and younger, presumably being something of a newer recruit, or maybe even a bystander who had offered help much like yourself. However, the most bizarre thing about the entire situation was not the size of the aggressor, or the contrasting tininess of his target. It was the distinctly high pitched whine of the larger man's voice, a sound so disjointing that you could see the shock still fresh on the faces of the other officers in the room, who despite working with the man on a daily basis clearly still haven't adjusted.

"How the hell could you let them go like that? You're useless, Johnson. Absolutely useless!
For a man of justice, the colossus in front of him clearly lacked some... important traits.

Sage Samanosuke would be disheartened by this display. This is not how you should discipline those below you...

Immediately, Sai chastised himself for that thought. How would he know? He was merely an apprentice, a monk in training from the Tower. Never had he been in a position of power, a ruler of anything - even his Pokémon could be considered his superiors, both in terms of skill and wisdom. Indeed, even Jin, who studied under him, often displayed more level-headed maturity than Sai. He was in no position to be judgmental, though the bull-man's very particular tone of voice did make it extremely hard not to judge. Ah, his mental fortitude was still disgraceful...

Am I in the right to step in? That Johnson fellow seems unable to even hold his own ground. Whatever crime he committed, he should be given the chance to defend himself, no?

Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward and audibly cleared his throat before speaking up - several notches above his preferred tone, subtlety be damned.

"Good morning gentlemen! Is there a problem? I was passing by and decided to see if I could be of use to the Marshalls of Bedlam Ridge!"

He couldn't help but wonder if he was even heard amidst the giant's comically high-pitched tirade, but for Johnson's sake, he hoped so. Regardless of how right the larger man might be, Sai had a very hard time sympathizing with people lacking a firm grip on their emotions.

Or perhaps he'd just been conditioned into gripping his own with excessive force?

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-10-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #212
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- The battle seemed to be swinging in your favour already, but now Trent and his Tangela were threatening to go on the offensive. It suited Shimmer and yourself just fine though, if there was one thing a Seedot could do it was Bide their time. A red aura surrounds Shimmer as the Tangela approaches, snake like vines dart out from its main body towards the Seedot. The vines quickly wrap around Glimmer, the Tangela tightens its grip as tries to crush the acorn. However painful the attack is, Glimmer doesn't show it. She is aided by her defense boost and the aura around her continues to grow as the Tangela continues its assault.

Displeased with not wrangling the Seedot into submission, the Tangela slams the opposing Grass type into the sand, keeping it pinned with its vines as it approaches. Its red boots carry it swiftly across the sand, it leaps as it nears Glimmer before slamming down on top of her with the full weight of its body. The aura surrounding Glimmer begins to glow even brighter. The Tangela had fallen into a trap, Glimmer releases the energy in the form of a powerful beam. The beam rockets up towards the roof of the cavern, the Tangela is sent flying back by the sheer force of the attack. The crowd cheers as the underdog unleashes another powerful attack on the highly favoured Tangela, who seems to be shaking in his boots. The crowds roar makes Glimmer feel a little better as she is forced to endure another shock of pain from the poison in her body, hopefully she could finish the Tangela soon so that she could be treated.

"The tide of battle seems to favour the newcomer!" The Houndoom masked presenter continues to pump up the crowd. "Surely this is the end for Trent and Tangela! However I doubt the pair are about to concede!"
Bide was one of those attacks many trainers knew about and dreaded having to go up against, but have never had the opportunity to actually witness it firsthand. Ami had expected the release of energy to be a charged tackle or small explosion, though she had to admit that the lazer beam it actually was was pretty impressive. Glimmer got all that energy from a couple small melee strikes? It was simply mind boggling.

Despite her familiarity with the species, Ami still had no idea what a tangela's anatomy was like beneath all those vinelike limbs. Not that it really mattered, of course- belly flopping onto an acorn about half your apparent size was bound to leave a bruise later. Of course, the poor thing would have bigger problems to deal with if Ami failed to get the stockpile freed, but that was neither here nor there quite yet.

"You know, it's a bit a shame you can't actually forfeit the match- it looks like you might want to," Ami goaded her opponent, hiding her guilt behind her newfound confidence. She quickly ran through her meager options for ending this match once and for all. Harden didn't deal any damage and the battle was too close to its end for another defense boost to be of any use. The opponent was likely to be wary about attacking if they managed to get their ego stitched back together quickly enough to do so, so Bide was likely going to be another bad option. This left just one thing left to do.

"Alright, Glimmer, let's end this in style! Blaze through them with another brilliant Sky Attack!" Hopefully the seedot still had the energy to pull that off again.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:25 AM   #213
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Sandaa- You quickly assess your options, deciding that it wouldn't be wise for you to try and take on two Ribs by yourself. For now you would have to follow them and hope that they either break up or lead you to where you need to go. You produce a Pokeball and toss it out in front of yourself, revealing Scurvy the Aipom. The little pirate quickly scaled your body to perch on your shoulder where he waits impatiently for his orders. You outline what you expect him to do, keep to the rooftops as you tailed the Ribs, keeping an eye out for any trouble. The Aipom replies in typical pirate fashion before leaping up onto a fire escape and climbing to the top of the building. With Scurvy keeping a bird's eye view on the situation it was time to start following the Ribs members before they got too far away.

You follow the gang members from a distance, making sure to be close enough to hear them talking while not being too close that they could hear you following them. You often spot flashes of purple moving along the top of the buildings, Scurvy was following his instructions. Most of the conversation between the two Ribs members is complete and utter crap, both trying to make themselves out to be tough by over exaggerating their accomplishments. One claimed to have shot down an entire squad of Shells while the other claimed to have taken down a full armed Marshal with one hand tied behind his back. They lead you deeper into the Ribs compound, occasionally you had to take cover as other Ribs members walked the streets as well but luckily Scurvy was able to warn you before it was too late. Eventually the two that you are following come to a stop as one gets a message on his Pokegear.

"Oh shit, I totally forgot about that", cries the Ribs member as he checks his Pokegear. "My missus's parents are coming over for lunch today and I fucking forgot about it. Dude you've gotta cover my arse, you think you can cover the rest of the patrol shift by yourself?"

"Yeah sure thing bro, save me some of your missus's cooking though? That bitch can cook!" The two shake hands before the other rushes off to meet up with his girlfriend and her parents, leaving one lonely Ribs member. "Eh better keep moving, might head towards the boundary, if my supervisor catches me working the shift alone both of us could get in a lot of shit." With that he turns around and begins walking towards you. You quickly duck down behind some trash cans but it was far from a good hiding spot, there was a fair chance he would spot you if he got close.

Medmana- The Tangela was looking beaten after facing the strength of Glimmer's Bide, hopefully one last push was all that would be needed to secure victory. Glimmer begins to glisten with power once more, slowly rising up off the ground as the power continues to grow. Trent shouts wildly at his Tangela, urging it to pull itself together and win this fight.

"Flail Tangela!" Trent shouts at the top of his lungs, "Flail it till you can't fight anymore!"

The crowd goes quiet as they anxiously await the final exchange between the two Grass types. Tangela's vines lash out wildly, striking from every angle with flailing blows as the aura around Glimmer continues to strengthen. All of a sudden the aura condenses, once again forming a pair of angelic wings on the back of the Seedot. It shoots forward, fighting against the lashing vines as it makes its way towards the Tangela. The Tangela picks up the tempo as Glimmer closes in, trying desperately to knock the Seedot out before it can land its devastating final blow. Glimmer is certainly taking a lot of damage but she doesn't let it stop her, one final push sees her break through the vines and slam into Tangela. A storm of sand is kicked up as the two Pokemon collide, the crowd gasps as they silently await to see the victor. The sand quickly settles and Glimmer is the only one left standing, the Tangela is slumped over, its vines lay motionless in the sand. Trent drops to his knees and cries out, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Glimmer gained 3 levels from the fight

"Tangela is unable to battle" shouts the Houndoom masked presenter, "the newcomer Ami and her Seedot are the victors!" The crowd erupts in cheers, a few even begin to chant your name. Cans and bottles rain down on Trent, it sure didn't take much for the crowd to turn on him. It takes three guards to drag the bulky Trent away, another relieves him of his Pokeball and recalls the Tangela. You feel the bracelet on your wrist begin to tingle with electricity, turning around you see Madame Marsh has entered the arena.

"This way please Ami, I don't want to have to turn up the amplitude on the bracelet." You recall Glimmer, the Seedot was still suffering from the poison the Tangela had inflicted on her. As you follow Madame Marsh out of the arena, you notice Jacob leaning down over the edge of the stand. He drops a small pink Pecha berry down to you. Thankfully you manage to catch it and stash it in your pocket without Madame Marsh catching you. She leads you down a tunnel into a smaller cavern filled with barred cells. She directs you into one, they were rather bare, just a seat filled the small cell. They were likely just holding cells for battlers between fights, they probably didn't want them roaming through the mine. "You wait here till your next match, well fought there, keep it up and I think you have a decent chance. Unfortunately rules dictate that we don't heal your Pokemon in between matches, too bad about your Seedot's poisoning, have fun with that." Madame Marsh smiles as she leaves, her Magneton follows her closely.

There were a couple of other people waiting for their battles, none of them seemed talkative though. Trent wasn't among them, there was no sign of the man you just defeated. The guard who confiscated his Tangela did happen to show up however, he makes his way into a room built into the end of the cavern. He uses a keycard to unlock the door, which he quickly stashes in his pocket before entering the room, the door closes behind him. Perhaps that is where they are storing all the confiscated Pokemon?

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-10-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:27 AM   #214
neverthrive
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
neverthrive: With the somewhat elderly man having saved you from what easily could have been a rather sticky end, you decide to shout after the man, asking him to wait. He stops in his tracks, turning towards you as you draw nearer, and it is now that you finally get a better look at him. For his age, he was huge - a towering individual, and his life as a miner had left him with a fairly muscular, chiseled physique, the faint scarring of injuries obtained within the mines clear on his strangely bare arms and face. His hair was steely grey but trimmed short, his hard hat attached to a belt around his waist. his hands were gloved, but something seems odd with the way he holds his spade - a squinted look later and you realise this is because he seems to be missing a digit, although you can't be entirely sure at this kind of distance. Still, the man was certainly imposing for his age, and yet despite this had an aura of affable humility hanging around him,the kind of warmth you would associate with a close friend clinging effortlessly to him. As you catch up, he wears a wide grin, happily slowing his pace in order for you to keep up. Despite this though, he doesn't speak until the pair of you begin to approach a small shack just in the distance, at which point he points towards the humble abode with the handle end of his spade.

"And that would be my shack. Not a fancy dwelling, I warrant, but it's cozy nonetheless."

With no further explanation, he heads into the shack, having to duck in order to avoid banging his head on the door frame. Turning to invite you in, he pauses for a moment, before nodding in your direction.

"By the way, want anything to drink? A shock like that has probably set your nerves on end. Didn't consider that earlier. My apologies, laddie."
The stress of nearly drowning in the very ground beneath their feet combined with not an insignificant trek through this region they'd found to be quite a bit more arid than their homeland, the wayward human and squirtle had found themselves to be rather parched, indeed. "Water would be nice, if you have it," Erven answered, a notable scratch to his tone. The water type at his side nodding in agreement, evidently enthused by the thought of something cool and refreshing to drink.

The last word of the prospector whose home they had been graciously allowed entrance into stuck with the young trainer, though, and did not necessarily resonate well with him. True that the man was his senior, by a wide margin, he would guess, but Erven was no 'lad' and doubted he had been for some time, if ever. "You can call me Erven," he informed, perhaps a bit firmly, introducing himself as cordially as he could muster with his throat as dry as it then was. "And this is Greg," he added, turning and motioning to the Pokemon standing at his side before returning his attention to their host and somewhat reluctantly offering his hand for the kindly seeming man to shake.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:37 AM   #215
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

The Ribcage Mall

Whimsy:
You, Princess, and Houston all pile into the bench seat of the ice cream van, and Ryan climbs in from the driver's side. It's a cramped fit and there aren't enough seatbelts, but if safety were a priority you wouldn't have wandered into gang territory to begin with. Having claimed the coveted window seat, Princess drops her messenger bag into the passenger floorboards and issues a stern and creatively violent warning against anyone stepping on it; you, meanwhile, are squished in the middle between Ryan and Houston.

Pulling off the curb, Ryan makes a U-turn to get y'all facing the right direction, and then you're off, weaving your way through the trashed streets of Bedlam. As it turns out, Ryan isn't a half-bad driver when he wants to be, and he seems to be taking some care now that he has some passengers, or at least one passenger in particular; turns out even thugs have some care for the pregnant wife of a friend.

"So where am I taking you?" Ryan asks, when the silence in the vehicle becomes too uncomfortable.

"As close to Marshall territory as you're willing to get," Princess says, staring out the window wistfully. "I figure Syd's gonna take the I-11 most of the way there; it's the straightest shot."

"Shit, Princess," Ryan sucks air through his teeth. "You're asking a lot of me here. I got contraband in this truck."

"Are you still makin' those fuck-awful 'Lava' Cookies?" Houston asks, sounding clearly unimpressed.

"Man, fuck you," Ryan retorts. "Some people like 'em. Gotta prune the Oddish at the right time though, or yo ain't gonna get shit-"

His train of thought is cut off by a series of loud explosions, and the van begins to swerve violently. Princess clutchess the dashboard as Ryan struggles to get it under control. Neither of you with a seatbelt, Houston's boot goes up to the dash in an effort to secure himself, and one of his arms crosses you chest to secure you; an instinctive act of basic human decency. After a few blood-curdling seconds, the vehicle grinds to a halt, smoke rising up from all sides.

"The fuck just happened?!" Ryan roars, slinging off his seatbelt. It clatters against the door with force. Princess clutches her stomach a moment; then, satisfied that her baby was still alive and kicking, does the same, concern replaced with indignant fury. Houston grabs you by the upper arm and drags you out after them, hitting the ground running.

Outside, the damage to the van is immediately apparent. All four tires are burst, and now partialy shredded from having been driven on in such a state over the debris and broken roads as Ryan tried to regain control. The rims are bent out of shape from having to support the weight of the van on their own over the uneven road.

"My van is fucked!" Ryan yells, enraged. He kicks the rear wheel well, but Houston grabs him and hisses through his teeth, urging him to be quiet; as a hush falls over your group, you can hear the sound of an engine approaching rapidly. A black, uncovered all-terrain appears over the horizon, emerging through the rubble at high speeds, three men inside. They pull up beside your trashed ice cream truck, rubber whining and music blaring.

"Holy shit, what do we have here?" The driver taunts, killing the radio. He leans out the windowless door, leering at your group. "If it ain't Princess. I hear you're giving it away all over town now. Syd know whose baby that is?"

"Can it, asshole," Ryan cuts in. "The fuck did you do to my van?!"

"Us?" The driver asks, feigning innocence as he opens the door and steps out. His two companions hop out of the back, both snickering. "This city's gone to hell. Anyone could have laid those calipers."

"Calip-... Manuel, you son of a bitch!" Ryan rushes forward and swing on the driver, clocking him square in the jaw. Manuel reels back, clutching his face, and then howls in anger.

"Eddie, Johnny, we got a fight on our hands," Manuel spits. He pulls a Pokéball off of his vest, which he tosses into the air. From the bright light which it emits materializes a Greninja, its thinck pink tongue waving in the wind. Ryan scoffs, and reaches behind himself, pulling a Friend Ball off the back of his belt. He kisses it before hurling it into the air; from inside comes a Vileplume.

"You're mine," Ryan sneers. Manuel's friends rush forward, intent on ganging up on Ryan, but Houston heads them off.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks, calm and cocky. Retrieving his own Pokéball from a lanyard around his neck, he sends forth a Houndour, which lowers itself onto its haunches and begins to grown at the pair of men. Looking to one another, they seem unimpressed with the display. One each, they pull a Pokéball from their own vests, and call forth their own Pokémon; Eddie sends out a Hawlucha, and Johnny sends out a Pancham.

Ryan, Houston, and Princess seem familiar with these marauders. They've trashed your van. Ryan is in a 1V1 battle with Manuel, and Houston is in a 1v2 battle with Eddie and Johnny. What will you do?

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 07-10-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #216
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
As one battle ends, another has only begun.

The Ribcage Mall.

: Were your predicament faced with an Ariados more realistic and the arachnid closer to normal size, you would be enthralled and intrigued by the bug as it crawled towards you, with the knowledge that Pahalo's size advantage would easily prise it off the web and to safety. Alas, the monstrosity before you was anything but regular sized, and you were far from comfortable. Calling out for help, the Mandibuzz heeds your cry and takes flight once more, not caring much for your safety but knowing that your existence keeps her fed with easy meals. The vulture dives at the rear of the poisonous spider and rakes her sharpened talons across in a fly-by strike, forcing a hiss of anger from the arachnid as it turns, merely feet from your terrified form to face their assailant.

Inspired, Ikaika looks around and begins to flutter onto the rafters, before sending a small flurry of feathers down onto the Ariados, each one scented in Starly pheromones as she seeks to attract the insect. The bug, preparing an attack, turns as the horn on its head launches a barrage of stingers tainted with a deep poison, each one like a harpoon bolt as they rain against the wall and webbing. Airborne, the Mandibuzz keeps a vigilant eye and weaves through the wildly shifting storm, avoiding all needles as the smaller bird's distraction holds strong, though you notice, while swinging awkwardly to try and claw your way to a more upright position that the Ariados is most certainly not male, with no attraction whatsoever. In fact, the spider queen clacks her jaws before giving a horrible screech, unleashing a sonic missile at the Starly which slams into the rafter she's on with a dull boom, jostling the small bird off.

Ikaika thankfully lands on her feet on older webbing which doesn't glisten, and after a short moment of raising her feet and stomping a little the bird confirms the web isn't going to hold her. Capitalising on the distraction, Pahalo dives down once more, wings edged with a steel sheen, and slices into the rear section once more, eliciting another hiss of pain as you manage to swing yourself enough to grab onto the webbing holding you with a spare hand, then haul up further with your other one...until you realise the web is still extremely viscous as you go from light-headed to a very uncomfortable sitting stance, back curved in a slightly contorted method as you try in vain to release the grip your hand has on your legs. Giving a slight groan, you can at least see the battle the way it was meant to be shown, with two gashes across the giant arachnid's abdomen. Both Ikaika and Pahalo are unscathed, but this changes when the Ariados emits what seems like silence to you but causes discomfort to your bird pokemon. 'Opio too hears the low frequency sound, dropping the skull to cover their ears as a nearby bale bursts open, releasing an infestation of minute Spinarak to billow out and swarm towards the grounded Starly and Pidove, while the alarmed Kangaskhan kid tries in vain to stomp them down. The joey's attention is grabbed when a string shot from within latches onto her arm, a normal Spinarak scuttling down to attack the undefended youth as the Ariados turns hatefully towards Pahalo and begins to channel some sort of energy between her mandibles...

Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Taking the scene and situation at hand, and after discussion with Andromeda (who in the author's defence is a genderless pokemon judging by breeding groups, shush) concerning Amanda, the Starmie offers to utilise her psychic affinity to carry the stirring woman while Meowth climbs onto Marvolo's head despite his protests, and after giving the serpent ample warning to close his eyes, taps his coin a few times to release a flash of light and a beacon that rips through the darkness ahead, the tunnel before you clearer. Leading the way, your motley crew begins to travel down the corridor.

After roughly two minutes of walking, the Scratch Cat begins to twitch a little, to the annoyance of Marvolo, and you catch a gleam of sorts in the Meowth's eye, one which the feline would vehemently deny any relation to the look you have on the dawn of a new capture. Hopping off the Seviper, who 'unintentionally' swipes his tail around as Meowth lands to knock the cat off his feet, to your mild bemusement, you discover what had him so excited. Light aimed at what was likely someone else who ended up in the tunnels, only to take flight over fight, the skeleton was gnawed, with tattered clothing and face down. On what would be the rear end, a label on the ruined trousers appears to read Takuya, but you push this aside as some sort of lower-grade own-brand name on the make of the jeans, you yourself preferring Clawizter jeans for their comfy and easy to wear fit. It's what's in the outstretched bone hand that Meowth was distracted by: a small wallet, empty but for $150 in spare change, no longer of any use to the ex-human. Against your better judgment, and through Meowth's persuasion (he would deny the use of hypnosis to sway opinion to the bitter end) you pocket the cash and continue onward, the faint smell of death still in shot.

After another few minutes of travel, you find yourselves in an old dungeon room, bizarrely, as the Starmie announces the woman seems to be rousing from unconsciousness. Pointing her at a bench, Andromeda carefully sets her down sitting, but retains her telekinetic grip on her, as she slowly gives herself a small shake, before discovering that she's mostly immobile and looks up at you with her one good eye, having covered the bruised one with her hand. Upon the sight of Marvolo, the Seviper's face still slightly mottled with blood, she instinctively gives herself a frantic once-over, before looking at you and giving a simple squeak of concern, before speaking.

"D-d-d...don't feed me to the snake, please...wh...what happened? Who are you? Ahh, my arm..." she whispers loud enough for you to hear, seemingly as strong as she can manage as you can't help but consider how similar she sounds to Helena. A bit rougher, but almost the same tone as Amanda slowly puts her hand to the R blotch on her shoulder. "Ohhh...still visible...still noticable...still pain-painful, physically and mentally..."

The woman appears a little lost in her own thoughts, as the Mysterious pokemon applies a little pressure, forcing a small gasp to escape her and bring her back to reality. "I-I'll talk, just don't hurt me...or my friends..." she mumbles, resigned as it is only now that you notice two pokeballs attached to a hip bag you missed. You're in a safer area, and Amanda seems willing to talk, as she trembles a little, though from pain or the chilly depths in beyond you. The mark on her shoulder...her suspected link to the Shells...this unusual undercity...what's on your mind?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #217
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: Taking the scene and situation at hand, and after discussion with Andromeda (who in the author's defence is a genderless pokemon judging by breeding groups, shush) concerning Amanda, the Starmie offers to utilise her psychic affinity to carry the stirring woman while Meowth climbs onto Marvolo's head despite his protests, and after giving the serpent ample warning to close his eyes, taps his coin a few times to release a flash of light and a beacon that rips through the darkness ahead, the tunnel before you clearer. Leading the way, your motley crew begins to travel down the corridor.

After roughly two minutes of walking, the Scratch Cat begins to twitch a little, to the annoyance of Marvolo, and you catch a gleam of sorts in the Meowth's eye, one which the feline would vehemently deny any relation to the look you have on the dawn of a new capture. Hopping off the Seviper, who 'unintentionally' swipes his tail around as Meowth lands to knock the cat off his feet, to your mild bemusement, you discover what had him so excited. Light aimed at what was likely someone else who ended up in the tunnels, only to take flight over fight, the skeleton was gnawed, with tattered clothing and face down. On what would be the rear end, a label on the ruined trousers appears to read Takuya, but you push this aside as some sort of lower-grade own-brand name on the make of the jeans, you yourself preferring Clawizter jeans for their comfy and easy to wear fit. It's what's in the outstretched bone hand that Meowth was distracted by: a small wallet, empty but for $150 in spare change, no longer of any use to the ex-human. Against your better judgment, and through Meowth's persuasion (he would deny the use of hypnosis to sway opinion to the bitter end) you pocket the cash and continue onward, the faint smell of death still in shot.

After another few minutes of travel, you find yourselves in an old dungeon room, bizarrely, as the Starmie announces the woman seems to be rousing from unconsciousness. Pointing her at a bench, Andromeda carefully sets her down sitting, but retains her telekinetic grip on her, as she slowly gives herself a small shake, before discovering that she's mostly immobile and looks up at you with her one good eye, having covered the bruised one with her hand. Upon the sight of Marvolo, the Seviper's face still slightly mottled with blood, she instinctively gives herself a frantic once-over, before looking at you and giving a simple squeak of concern, before speaking.

"D-d-d...don't feed me to the snake, please...wh...what happened? Who are you? Ahh, my arm..." she whispers loud enough for you to hear, seemingly as strong as she can manage as you can't help but consider how similar she sounds to Helena. A bit rougher, but almost the same tone as Amanda slowly puts her hand to the R blotch on her shoulder. "Ohhh...still visible...still noticable...still pain-painful, physically and mentally..."

The woman appears a little lost in her own thoughts, as the Mysterious pokemon applies a little pressure, forcing a small gasp to escape her and bring her back to reality. "I-I'll talk, just don't hurt me...or my friends..." she mumbles, resigned as it is only now that you notice two pokeballs attached to a hip bag you missed. You're in a safer area, and Amanda seems willing to talk, as she trembles a little, though from pain or the chilly depths in beyond you. The mark on her shoulder...her suspected link to the Shells...this unusual undercity...what's on your mind?
It was a strange group what started to make their way down the dark tunnel. Meowth riding on a Seviper, the woman being carried psychically by a Starmie, and of course, Keith Masters bringing up the rear. Meowth's Flash proved sufficient illumination to light their way.

The first couple of minutes were rather uneventful, but then, Keith saw Meowth twitching. And more to the point, Marvolo felt it. "Hey, knock it off up there," hissed the Seviper.

"Meowth, what's up?" Keith asked with a slight chuckle. "You look like how you say I look when I decide I'm gonna catch a Pokémon."

"No, I don't. Shut up," Meowth retorted, his attention most decidedly elsewhere at the moment. And soon, Keith could see just where- Meowth hopped down off Marvolo's head (and in the process, stumbled over Marvolo's tail, the placement of which, to Keith's amusement, was very much deliberate) and made his way over to... a skeleton. The tattered remnants of clothing were the only things covering this sad pile of bones. Most likely, Keith figured, this was the sad, sad remains of another victim of this trapdoor- another victim of the Rattata. This one very likely chose a decidedly different response to the formerly large quantities of Rattata- namely, running like hell. It seemed somehow reassuring to Keith- yes, the sight of a skeleton in this tunnel was all kinds of ominous, but on the other hand, it seemed oddly comforting to Keith, for now he was a bit more sure that he'd done the right thing in trying to fight off the Rattata, if this sort of fate would have awaited him had he elected to run.

"Hm," Keith murmured, reading the label on the jeans. "'Takuya'... was that this guy's name or the brand name of the jeans? Never heard of that brand of jeans, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything-"

"Aha!" Meowth grinned, producing what he'd been after- the wallet in the skeleton's hand.

"Wha- Meowth, are you insinuating we rob this poor guy?" Keith demanded.

"Wat? No!" Meowth exclaimed. "O' course I ain't insinuatin' it." He paused for a second. "I'm sayin' it outright. Dere's a hundred and fifty bucks in dis wallet, and fer sure dis fella ain't got no use fer it no more."

"Meowth, you gotta be out of your mind-" Keith persisted, before pausing for a second, establishing eye contact with Meowth. "...Oh, what the hell," Keith conceded, accepting the wallet. It seemed a bit strange that he'd accept this, a fact he dimly registered in the back of his mind. Indeed, as he looked away from Meowth, it occurred to him that Meowth must have used Hypnosis to get him to accept the cash. Well, not like there was much good arguing the point right now. He could talk to Meowth about this later on. And he still made a valid point- the money wasn't doing much good just lying where it had been, now was it?

Before much longer, they had arrived at what appeared to be an old dungeon of some sort. At that moment, Andromeda's voice sounded in Keith's head. She awakens, reported the Starmie.

"OK," Keith nodded, looking around. "There. Sit her there," he stated, indicating a nearby bench. The Starmie did as told, sitting the woman down on the seat, while keeping a telepathic hold on her, just to be on the safe side. As she awoke, she soon realized that she was currently pretty much immobile, and seemed to flinch at the mere sight of Marvolo. The Seviper, of course, smirked with pride at eliciting such a reaction, though Keith thought otherwise. "It's OK," he said as she pleaded to not be fed to Marvolo. "Marvolo here has never eaten a person before, and he's not about to start now. Hell, if anything, he's a big part of the reason why we're still alive," he added. However, the woman already seemed lost in her own thoughts. The R carved into her arm seemed rather painful for her, both physically and mentally. As she spoke, Keith couldn't help but realize how startlingly familiar her voice was- it sounded very close to that of Helena, Keith's blue-eyed Banette and older sister.

Andromeda saw fit to snap the woman out of her reverie. The pressure she applied was not hard or painful, but it did serve to get her mind back to reality. She pleaded for Keith to not hurt her or her friends- said friends, Keith realized, very likely being the occupants of the Poké Balls she carried, the Poké Balls he hadn't seen.

"Alright, well, at the moment, I see no reason why I or any of my Pokémon would have to hurt you," Keith said, his tone of voice most decidedly not unkind. "My name is Keith Masters. I'm the guy who came into your cell just before they accidentally triggered the trapdoor. The fall knocked us both out, though I came to much sooner, and thank Arceus I did, elseways we'd be Rattata chow by now. This is Meowth, this is Marvolo, my Seviper, and Andromeda, my Starmie. Now... from what I've been told, nobody seems 100% sure exactly what to make of you, whether you're with the Shells or not. That R in your arm- I've tangled with Team Rocket enough to see how one might make a connection there, but on the other hand, I'm getting the distinct feeling that however that R got there, you're not all that happy about it. What I'm getting at here is... what's your story?" he asked. "Who are you? Do you have anything to do with the Shells, or Team Rocket, or anything like that? And if not, why do they suspect you?" He said all this in the same gentle, patient tone of voice he'd used back up in the cell, hoping to convey the fact that he really just wanted the truth, and had no intention of beating it out of this woman.

*Obtained 150!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #218
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
The Ribcage Mall.

: Were your predicament faced with an Ariados more realistic and the arachnid closer to normal size, you would be enthralled and intrigued by the bug as it crawled towards you, with the knowledge that Pahalo's size advantage would easily prise it off the web and to safety. Alas, the monstrosity before you was anything but regular sized, and you were far from comfortable. Calling out for help, the Mandibuzz heeds your cry and takes flight once more, not caring much for your safety but knowing that your existence keeps her fed with easy meals. The vulture dives at the rear of the poisonous spider and rakes her sharpened talons across in a fly-by strike, forcing a hiss of anger from the arachnid as it turns, merely feet from your terrified form to face their assailant.

Inspired, Ikaika looks around and begins to flutter onto the rafters, before sending a small flurry of feathers down onto the Ariados, each one scented in Starly pheromones as she seeks to attract the insect. The bug, preparing an attack, turns as the horn on its head launches a barrage of stingers tainted with a deep poison, each one like a harpoon bolt as they rain against the wall and webbing. Airborne, the Mandibuzz keeps a vigilant eye and weaves through the wildly shifting storm, avoiding all needles as the smaller bird's distraction holds strong, though you notice, while swinging awkwardly to try and claw your way to a more upright position that the Ariados is most certainly not male, with no attraction whatsoever. In fact, the spider queen clacks her jaws before giving a horrible screech, unleashing a sonic missile at the Starly which slams into the rafter she's on with a dull boom, jostling the small bird off.

Ikaika thankfully lands on her feet on older webbing which doesn't glisten, and after a short moment of raising her feet and stomping a little the bird confirms the web isn't going to hold her. Capitalising on the distraction, Pahalo dives down once more, wings edged with a steel sheen, and slices into the rear section once more, eliciting another hiss of pain as you manage to swing yourself enough to grab onto the webbing holding you with a spare hand, then haul up further with your other one...until you realise the web is still extremely viscous as you go from light-headed to a very uncomfortable sitting stance, back curved in a slightly contorted method as you try in vain to release the grip your hand has on your legs. Giving a slight groan, you can at least see the battle the way it was meant to be shown, with two gashes across the giant arachnid's abdomen. Both Ikaika and Pahalo are unscathed, but this changes when the Ariados emits what seems like silence to you but causes discomfort to your bird pokemon. 'Opio too hears the low frequency sound, dropping the skull to cover their ears as a nearby bale bursts open, releasing an infestation of minute Spinarak to billow out and swarm towards the grounded Starly and Pidove, while the alarmed Kangaskhan kid tries in vain to stomp them down. The joey's attention is grabbed when a string shot from within latches onto her arm, a normal Spinarak scuttling down to attack the undefended youth as the Ariados turns hatefully towards Pahalo and begins to channel some sort of energy between her mandibles...

Tate watches the battle play out in blurred horror, brain flooded with neurochemicals and barely able to process everything that is happening. Adrenaline numbs the pain of the awkward position the trainer has wound up in for now, but if the Johto native makes it out of this clusterfuck alive, the not-so-spry less-than-young thing might be feeling this for weeks to come.

With so much going on at once, it was impossible for Tate to issue orders to everyone, and many of the Pokémon were left to fight on their own, for better or worse. ‘Ōpio was perhaps the most egregious of these, being so young, but her spirit for fighting was strong and her abilities were nothing to sniff at considering her age, and as the insect rushes her she prepares a circle throw; a favorite martial arts move of hers from her time in the nursery, leering at the insect in challenge.

Pahalo has no intentions of dying here today, not only as a matter of pride but as a matter of love, knowing full well that her precious Kauka would be devastated were she to not return to the aviary that night. Beating her massive, powerful wings, she kicks up a tailwind. A brave bird, she rushes the insect with her bone-clad body.

Tate, meanwhile, is fixated on the trapped Pidove, who only flew up this high because it was being chased. Overcome with guilt, the trainer feels an overwhelming need to make things right.

"Ikaika," Tate pleads, wrestling with the sticky silk which traps the Johto native. "You have to protect Pidove!"

Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 AM   #219
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa- You quickly assess your options, deciding that it wouldn't be wise for you to try and take on two Ribs by yourself. For now you would have to follow them and hope that they either break up or lead you to where you need to go. You produce a Pokeball and toss it out in front of yourself, revealing Scurvy the Aipom. The little pirate quickly scaled your body to perch on your shoulder where he waits impatiently for his orders. You outline what you expect him to do, keep to the rooftops as you tailed the Ribs, keeping an eye out for any trouble. The Aipom replies in typical pirate fashion before leaping up onto a fire escape and climbing to the top of the building. With Scurvy keeping a bird's eye view on the situation it was time to start following the Ribs members before they got too far away.

You follow the gang members from a distance, making sure to be close enough to hear them talking while not being too close that they could hear you following them. You often spot flashes of purple moving along the top of the buildings, Scurvy was following his instructions. Most of the conversation between the two Ribs members is complete and utter crap, both trying to make themselves out to be tough by over exaggerating their accomplishments. One claimed to have shot down an entire squad of Shells while the other claimed to have taken down a full armed Marshal with one hand tied behind his back. They lead you deeper into the Ribs compound, occasionally you had to take cover as other Ribs members walked the streets as well but luckily Scurvy was able to warn you before it was too late. Eventually the two that you are following come to a stop as one gets a message on his Pokegear.

"Oh shit, I totally forgot about that", cries the Ribs member as he checks his Pokegear. "My missus's parents are coming over for lunch today and I fucking forgot about it. Dude you've gotta cover my arse, you think you can cover the rest of the patrol shift by yourself?"

"Yeah sure thing bro, save me some of your missus's cooking though? That bitch can cook!" The two shake hands before the other rushes off to meet up with his girlfriend and her parents, leaving one lonely Ribs member. "Eh better keep moving, might head towards the boundary, if my supervisor catches me working the shift alone both of us could get in a lot of shit." With that he turns around and begins walking towards you. You quickly duck down behind some trash cans but it was far from a good hiding spot, there was a fair chance he would spot you if he got close.
With Scurvy carefully keeping watch from above, Gary crept along in the shadows of buildings, hiding behind dumpsters and stoops whenever he could as he trailed the two Ribs grunts. He listened in on their conversation, but it was vulgar and contained nothing of importance. However, when the two grunts came to a halt, one of them asked the other to shirk his duties for personal business. The other grunt relented and was soon enough left all by himself. This is my chance, Gary thought to himself and looked up to the building above to make eye contact with Scurvy, who nodded in response.

Eventually the pair split up and the remaining grunt began to move once again. Gary was hidden for now, but it was a precarious spot that would more likely than not get discovered if the grunt got close enough. Damn, he’s getting too close for comfort, Gary thought, It’s now or never! As Scurvy positioned himself above the grunt, Gary quickly thought up a strategy. His plan was to jump out from behind the trash can, armed with a trash can lid as a shield, and startle or distract the man the best he could. As he did so, he would call for Scurvy to use Thunder Wave to immobilize the man.

Once that was done, he would bring back Venu to hold the man down with his Vine Whip and drag him into the alley where he would interrogate him with Scurvy’s Tickles. It was a risky plan that depended on Scurvy’s cooperation, but he had confidence in his Pokemon. Quietly and carefully, Gary pulled a lid off a trash can and clutched it in his hands. When the grunt was finally close enough, Gary sprung out of the shadows, yelling, “THUNDER WAVE!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #220
deoxys
Fog Badge

TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]

“Jesus, you smell that, Trixie? That wasn’t you, was it?”

“Shut the fuck up, Len. It wasn’t funny the last time you said it, and it ain’t funny this time, either.”

“I’m tellin’ you, this place is a literal sewer! When are we gonna get bumped up to the big leagues and get out of this disgusting hellhole!?”

“Do you ever stop yappin’? You know I feel the same way as you do. We can’t even smoke down here because somethin’ might explode!”

The tunnel was dark, lit only by a few electric lanterns that were hung crudely from the cement walls they were shoddily drilled into. It was hard to see too far ahead, and the same could be said of the path behind them.

“The sooner we get these Pokemon to Shanty Heights, the sooner we can get the fuck out of these godforsaken tunnels and grab some food,” the Rib named Trixie said, patting a bundle of pokeballs hanging in a pack to her side. Suddenly, she stopped dead in her tracks. “Fuck.”

The Rib named Len stopped and turned back to face her. “What?”

“There’s a hole in my pack. One of the Pokeballs must have slipped out. Damn it. I’m going to have to backtrack for it.”

“Are you serious? Trixie, we can’t be late. If we don’t make this push in Shanty while the Shells are too busy focusing on whatever the fuck it is they’re planning here in town -”

Trixie took her pack off, carefully cupping her hand around the hole. She walked over to Len and handed it to him. “We’ve been walking for five minutes. It shouldn’t take me long to retrace my steps to the inner park. I’ll catch up in a few.”

The woman named Trixie spun around and began lightly jogging back the way they had come, clicking on a flashlight to help light the path. Len turned around and began walking down the tunnel once more.

And then everything began to shake. Dust fell from the ceiling along with some loose gravel, quickly covering the ground in silt. The lights in the tunnel began to flicker, some dying completely. And then a new light started to pour in from above - sunlight.

“What the fuck is goi-” Len would never get to finish his sentence, as at that very moment, the ground split in two right where he stood, and he fell through the floor without so much as a yelp. Even if his fall had only been a short drop, there was no way he could have managed to survive the large chunk of pavement that followed him from above.

Trixie stood silently and watched as a blast of light flooded the tunnel. The shaking subsided, only to be followed by what appeared to be a Pokemon flying through the air crashing suddenly into the subsoil where Len once stood. And then everything was quiet.

“Hey… what…” Trixie collapsed onto her knees and stared at the scene with wide eyes. “Len… hey… what the hell….” The Rib member sat silently on her knees for several moments, repeatedly mouthing the name of her partner under her breath before letting out a roaring yell. “LEN! FUCKING SAY SOMETHING!”

But Len did not respond, nor was he capable of doing so any longer. Trixie sat quietly, waiting for a reply, and she began to feel an ache in her stomach that she had not felt in a very long time. “LEN!”

She waited, and looked around. She was a fucking Rib, goddammit. Why was she moping? There was no point in moping. She had a job to do. The Ribs needed her. Piper needed her. She stood up and took a step forward, before suddenly bellowing out another roar. “LENNNN!!

In the distance… what the hell was that? A dragon Pokemon? And a man on it… and next to him, another man holding onto a Scyther? There’s no way this wasn’t their fault. Yes, this was their fault. There’s no other explanation. They did this. They killed Len. They destroyed the tunnel that connected Goldenridge Park to Shanty Heights. She gritted her teeth. “You motherfuckers. You motherfuckers.” She went to reach for her weapon, only to realize that she didn’t have it - it must have been in the pack she had given to Len. She cursed under her breath, shaking, and reached into her other pocket, procuring one of her own Pokeballs. She threw the ball to the ground violently. In a beam of light, a bird Pokemon took form - a tall, dapper looking owl Pokemon with a long green leaf that resembled a tuft of hair that fell over its face.

“Dartrix. We have visitors… and the upper hand. They don’t know we’re here,” she said quietly. “They killed Len.” The Dartrix opened its eyes and furrowed its brow angrily. The Pokemon extended its wings, revealing several sharp dagger-like quills on each side.

“Kill them.”

The Dartrix disappeared in the blink of an eye, darting out of the tunnel and preparing a Razor Leaf to face its foe head on: you.

(Atalanta, Candace, and Spartacus all gained one level for successfully lowering you into the chasm.)

Balmund - [Update Music]

“Carlos, isn’t it? I know you’re a smart man and you know how this song and dance goes. You’ve played this game before from the other side, after all. If only they had been more cooperative, am I right?”

Carlos stared at you with begrudging eyes. He was clearly not happy about his predicament, and he was probably angry with himself for showing the weakness that he had. His manner had changed completely, though. You weren’t sure if it was just a ruse, but if it was, you surmised he was a terrific actor: he genuinely looked as though he wanted blood. This did not appear to be the same man you had seen just moments prior. Regardless, you decided to proceed.

“Now listen, my friend J here can be quite brutal - you saw how it went down with that Krokorok, right? - but hey, my name might be K, but I’m not kidding when I say I want the best of outcomes for you right now.” J rolled her eyes and pressed one of her hands against her temple. “Your friends aren’t going to get here in time, y’know, so I’m the only one standing between you and the pain that J has in store for you both. Capiche? Good.” The thug did not react voluntarily. His left nostril and upper lip twitched, and he shook ever so slightly.

“Here’s a question that’ll be nice and simple to verify: What’s the code for the safe?”

Carlos inhaled deeply, and the corners of his lips wrinkled upward. He looked at you, squinted his eyes, and then looked at J - and he began to laugh. “Are you for real? You went to all of this effort just for that? Haha. That is truly pathetic.”

J grabbed a knife off of the dining table, wrapped her arms around the passed out Cecil’s shoulders, and immediately pressed the knife underneath his thumbnail. “I will do it, so help me. If you think K and myself are here to play around, we aren’t. And if you think you can buy time while your crew figures out what’s going on, think again. If they start trying to break the doors down, I’ll kill both of you on the spot.”

You weren’t sure if J was bluffing or not, though given the conversation she had just had with you moments ago, it was difficult to believe she would be telling the truth. Either way, it was important to follow her lead - just as it was important that she followed yours.

“You heard the man. The code. Now.” Carlos grimaced and bit his lip. His eyes darted to J, to you, and to Cecil. He seemed to be thinking. J gently pushed the knife under the nail further. “Now.

“Go fuck yourself.”

Without hesitation, J clenched her teeth, covered Cecil’s mouth, and drove the knife under Cecil’s thumbnail, twisted, and pressed the butt of the knife downward, tearing the appendage from the finger. Cecil immediately awakened with a muted howl, his eyes widened and bloodshot. Carlos’ jaw dropped as he looked to the bleeding thumb and back to his partner. Within seconds, Cecil had once more passed back out from the pain.

“The code. Now,” J pressed once more. Carlos began to break. “You wanna know what’s in the safe? Z-Crystals. Your bitch here just took the last one! There’s nothing for you in there anyway!”

J looked thoughtful for a moment. She eyed the box that she had sat on the table containing the Z-Ring and Crystal that she had won, and looked as though it had suddenly dawned on her that that is what it indeed was. Suddenly, she took the bloodied knife, extended Cecil’s index finger, and began to press the knife underneath. Carlos looked at her, his eyes twitching. He looked away and shut his eyes, clenching his teeth. “I lied! Don’t do it! There is one left - a Darkinium-Z and TM Brutal Swing...! 6392-1996-5454!”

You’d test the safe in a moment to decide whether or not he was telling the truth (as it would turn out - he was).

“Who's running this place? Where can I find him/her?” You asked.

“What? Are you serious!? The Shells are running this place!”

J tapped the knife. “Don’t fuck with me. I did it once, I’ll do it nine more times, and then another ten when it’s your turn.”

Carlos’ fist became white knuckled as he clenched it underneath of the web that bound him to his chair. “This sector of Shell operations is overseen and operated by Shell Admin Saoirse de Paor. You won’t find her here, though. She controls Shell gambling operations remotely from the Shell base inside of the Delphroxx Nightclub. She receives orders directly from the Boss himself.”

At the sound of Saoirse’s name, J clenched her teeth and her eyes widened. She began pressing the knife into Cecil’s finger, drawing blood. “W-what?! Hey! Stop! I gave you your answer!” J blinked, looked at Carlos, and then down to the knife. She looked to you and then withdrew the bloody blade from Cecil’s finger.

After a moment of silence, you continued to press your hostage. “How many personnel are there in this complex?”

“Look, man, I don’t… all I know is I heard some talking that we were only allocated the budget for a 100 man operation at this facility, and if things went well then they would invest more into it... that was four months ago.”

J seemed accepting of this answer because she didn’t bring the blade back to Cecil’s fingers yet. She seemed focused on Carlos as he spoke. Suddenly, she cut in. “There were nowhere near that number of Shells within the arena. Where are the rest of your guys?”

Suddenly, a look crept across Carlos’ face that revealed he had miscalculated. His attitude became extremely serious. Even from the position that he was in, he became uncharacteristically commanding. “We are done here. You can kill him. You can kill me. We are both dead men walking now. There is nothing you can do to either of us that would matter.” He was angry. Tears began welling in his eyes, but not of sadness. He stared directly at you and clenched his teeth. “You don’t cross Saoirse. Ever.” He paused, his lips quivering in anger as tears rolled down his cheeks. “I was a fool to have... This room is bugged. If she doesn’t know about this already, she will soon. You’ve killed us all.”

Last edited by deoxys; 07-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #221
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
[size=1][color=silver]TheKnightsFury - [Update Music]

“Jesus, you smell that, Trixie? That wasn’t you, was it?”

“Shut the fuck up, Len. It wasn’t funny the last time you said it, and it ain’t funny this time, either.”

“I’m tellin’ you, this place is a literal sewer! When are we gonna get bumped up to the big leagues and get out of this disgusting hellhole!?”

“Do you ever stop yappin’? You know I feel the same way as you do. We can’t even smoke down here because somethin’ might explode!”

The tunnel was dark, lit only by a few electric lanterns that were hung crudely from the cement walls they were shoddily drilled into. It was hard to see too far ahead, and the same could be said of the path behind them.

“The sooner we get these Pokemon to Shanty Heights, the sooner we can get the fuck out of these godforsaken tunnels and grab some food,” the Rib named Trixie said, patting a bundle of pokeballs hanging in a pack to her side. Suddenly, she stopped dead in her tracks. “Fuck.”

The Rib named Len stopped and turned back to face her. “What?”

“There’s a hole in my pack. One of the Pokeballs must have slipped out. Damn it. I’m going to have to backtrack for it.”

“Are you serious? Trixie, we can’t be late. If we don’t make this push in Shanty while the Shells are too busy focusing on whatever the fuck it is they’re planning here in town -”

Trixie took her pack off, carefully cupping her hand around the hole. She walked over to Len and handed it to him. “We’ve been walking for five minutes. It shouldn’t take me long to retrace my steps to the inner park. I’ll catch up in a few.”

The woman named Trixie spun around and began lightly jogging back the way they had come, clicking on a flashlight to help light the path. Len turned around and began walking down the tunnel once more.

And then everything began to shake. Dust fell from the ceiling along with some loose gravel, quickly covering the ground in silt. The lights in the tunnel began to flicker, some dying completely. And then a new light started to pour in from above - sunlight.

“What the fuck is goi-” Len would never get to finish his sentence, as at that very moment, the ground split in two right where he stood, and he fell through the floor without so much as a yelp. Even if his fall had only been a short drop, there was no way he could have managed to survive the large chunk of pavement that followed him from above.

Trixie stood silently and watched as a blast of light flooded the tunnel. The shaking subsided, only to be followed by what appeared to be a Pokemon flying through the air crashing suddenly into the subsoil where Len once stood. And then everything was quiet.

“Hey… what…” Trixie collapsed onto her knees and stared at the scene with wide eyes. “Len… hey… what the hell….” The Rib member sat silently on her knees for several moments, repeatedly mouthing the name of her partner under her breath before letting out a roaring yell. “LEN! FUCKING SAY SOMETHING!”

But Len did not respond, nor was he capable of doing so any longer. Trixie sat quietly, waiting for a reply, and she began to feel an ache in her stomach that she had not felt in a very long time. “LEN!”

She waited, and looked around. She was a fucking Rib, goddammit. Why was she moping? There was no point in moping. She had a job to do. The Ribs needed her. Piper needed her. She stood up and took a step forward, before suddenly bellowing out another roar. “LENNNN!!

In the distance… what the hell was that? A dragon Pokemon? And a man on it… and next to him, another man holding onto a Scyther? There’s no way this wasn’t their fault. Yes, this was their fault. There’s no other explanation. They did this. They killed Len. They destroyed the tunnel that connected Goldenridge Park to Shanty Heights. She gritted her teeth. “You motherfuckers. You motherfuckers.” She went to reach for her weapon, only to realize that she didn’t have it - it must have been in the pack she had given to Len. She cursed under her breath, shaking, and reached into her other pocket, procuring one of her own Pokeballs. She threw the ball to the ground violently. In a beam of light, a bird Pokemon took form - a tall, dapper looking owl Pokemon with a long green leaf that resembled a tuft of hair that fell over its face.

“Dartrix. We have visitors… and the upper hand. They don’t know we’re here,” she said quietly. “They killed Len.” The Dartrix opened its eyes and furrowed its brow angrily. The Pokemon extended its wings, revealing several sharp dagger-like quills on each side.

“Kill them.”

The Dartrix disappeared in the blink of an eye, darting out of the tunnel and preparing a Razor Leaf to face its foe head on: you.

(Atalanta, Candace, and Scyther all gained one level for successfully lowering you into the chasm.)

Jayson dusted himself off as he climbed out of Candace's arms, he was glad that he chose to have the Passimian there as a safety net. Ehrmantraut soon joined them, he rode on the back of his Druddigon who had no troubles scaling down the rough terrain. The work worn officer stopped along side him to assess the situation, what exactly were they going to do now? Jayson inspected his Pokemon, Spartacus still had plenty of spark left in him but Candace was looking a little exhausted after that effort. Holding up her Pokeball, Jayson recalled the Passimian, she could be called upon again if push came to shove. Atalanta looked fine as well, actually she seemed more than fine. There was a glow about her feathers, something odd was going on with her but Jayson just wasn't sure exactly what it was.

"What now Ehrmantraut? Do we head into the tunnels and see where they lead us?" Jayson wasn't entirely sure of the officer's intentions, although the logical path of action would be to head into the tunnels. Suddenly Jayson caught a glimpse of something in the distance and he wasn't the only one, Atalanta saw it as well. Most people likely wouldn't have noticed the lightning fast movement, but Jayson had spent enough time watching and training with Atalanta that he was accustomed to it. They weren't alone.

"Ehrmantraut someone is down else is down here. Atalanta, hunt them down and blow them into view with a Ominous Wind. Then once we have a target keep at them with a Peck. Spartacus, sweep the area, there is someone out down here looking for trouble.”

Old 07-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #222
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Marshal's Headquarters

Brave Saix: [Update Music]
It’s hard to say exactly how much time passed while waiting in the cell. Everything seemed to become a blur. After McLarty had left, no one else came into the room - it was just you, Chimchar, and a very dead Gallade’s corpse. Something you said to the Chimchar must have struck a chord with the young fire ape, because some time after you had asked it to remember the way the electricity flowed through it, it stood up and began clenching its fists and repeatedly tensing its body. This continued for a while; the Chimchar evidently seemed determined to make this happen, moving around the cell, eventually resorting to striking the walls repeatedly, but to no avail.

Hunger. Thirst. Pain. Your body’s basic survival needs were kicking into gear, and surely they must have been for the Chimchar as well. How long has it been? Five hours? Ten hours? Twenty four hours? Was this the fate the Shells were leaving you to? A slow, lonely death in some laboratory-like prison with a dead Pokemon to remind you of the ruthlessness of your enemies? The dread and the hopelessness must have hit the Chimchar, too, as the Pokemon eventually collapsed to the ground and stopped moving. It seemed as though all hope had truly gone.

Slide. The door to the room opened, and someone walked in. It was a younger Shell, male and in full uniform, probably in his late teens or early twenties. In his hands was a single tray with two plates of food on it. He remained silent as he walked past your cell and punched in a code, opening a door in the wall between your prison and the one next to you. He disappeared, and after a moment, you could hear another beeping. The wall in the back of your cell opened, and the Shell set a single plate of food on the ground before closing the door. He walked out from behind the first door he had walked through, closed it, and then made his way through the blood soaked floor to the door opposite of your cell, and once again punched a code into a keypad. It seemed odd that the Shells were not using the keypad on the front of the cell and simply opening the door that way, but perhaps they were just taking extra security measures.

The Chimchar stood and faced the back of the prison, seemingly expecting her door to open momentarily similar to the way yours did. And she was right; the door opened, and the Shell stood in front of her. Immediately, the Chimchar Taunted the Shell, beating her chest, screaming, and then spitting a large wad of saliva at the man. It landed on his cheek, and the man dropped the tray on the ground. “Gah!” He yelped. “You little shit! You stupid little shit! I’m going to kill you!” The Shell walked into the cell and pulled out a telescopic baton, swinging it to the side and extending it to full length. The Chimchar looked into the man’s eyes; there was nothing but pure anger. The ape’s pupils contracted, and she tensed up. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. Her arm began to glow a distinct golden-yellow, and static electricity began forming around her fist. The Shell pulled the baton back to attack the Chimchar, but the Pokemon leaped into the air, pulled her fist back, and struck the Shell right across the cheek with an intense Thunder Punch. The Shell grunt staggered backward, dropped his baton to the floor, and fell to the ground unconscious.

The Chimchar’s pupils dilated and her jaw fell open. She turned and looked to you, and then down to her open palm. Leaving no time to waste, however, the chimp Pokemon rushed out of the cell through the open door and out of her confinement entirely, leaping over the blood soaked floor of the room and landing next to where you were held captive. She began to punch the glass wildly, repeatedly, over and over. Nothing was happening. And then, she remembered - the front panel’s electronic lock. She stepped back, took a deep breath, and once more clenched her open palm. Her arm lit up with the same yellow glow it had earlier, and electricity gathered around her fist. Just as she had previously, the Chimchar lept through the air and landed a direct hit against the panel with another Thunder Punch, shattering the keypad and causing the glass door on the front of the cell to immediately slide aside.

You were free.

(Lv. 12 Female Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch has joined your party)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher
Holy shit, that worked!
My mouth gapping wide I stand there dumbfounded. Slowly my mouth curls into a smile as I begin to laugh. I turn my attention to the Chimchar just outside of the cell.

Quote:
I mean of course it would, why wouldn't it! You did great Chimchar!
Smiling, I kneel down and pat her on the head. Reality soon sets back in and I glance around the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(Internal)
Chimchar's probably just as hungry as I am, best to let her eat. I haven't seen any security cameras. Still, I'd best work quickly. That grunt's cloths look like they might fit, I might be able to pass for him.

Okay, plan of action. First take cloths, baton and any ID. Then assume identity. Stomach still nauseous, quell with water. Leave room and begin search for Jill and plan escape.
I stand and point over to the plate in my cell.

Quote:
We're not out of the woods yet. I'm gonna have to ask you to help me find my Noibat, Jill. So I'm gonna take that guy's closes, and take you over to wherever they're holding all the other Pokémon. You're probably starving so go and take the plate of food in my cell. Save me a bit of water though, I could use some too.
I move over to the unconscious grunt, strip him, and don his uniform. I also check for any identification he might have on his person. Then I return to my cell to check on Chimchar.

Quote:
Probably best that we hurry. If you're up to help me hop up.

Edit: With permission, adding one level 12 Female Chimchar with the EM Thunder Punch to my team in this Repeat Ball.

Last edited by Brave Saix; 07-24-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #223
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Medmana- The Tangela was looking beaten after facing the strength of Glimmer's Bide, hopefully one last push was all that would be needed to secure victory. Glimmer begins to glisten with power once more, slowly rising up off the ground as the power continues to grow. Trent shouts wildly at his Tangela, urging it to pull itself together and win this fight.

"Flail Tangela!" Trent shouts at the top of his lungs, "Flail it till you can't fight anymore!"

The crowd goes quiet as they anxiously await the final exchange between the two Grass types. Tangela's vines lash out wildly, striking from every angle with flailing blows as the aura around Glimmer continues to strengthen. All of a sudden the aura condenses, once again forming a pair of angelic wings on the back of the Seedot. It shoots forward, fighting against the lashing vines as it makes its way towards the Tangela. The Tangela picks up the tempo as Glimmer closes in, trying desperately to knock the Seedot out before it can land its devastating final blow. Glimmer is certainly taking a lot of damage but she doesn't let it stop her, one final push sees her break through the vines and slam into Tangela. A storm of sand is kicked up as the two Pokemon collide, the crowd gasps as they silently await to see the victor. The sand quickly settles and Glimmer is the only one left standing, the Tangela is slumped over, its vines lay motionless in the sand. Trent drops to his knees and cries out, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Glimmer gained 3 levels from the fight

"Tangela is unable to battle" shouts the Houndoom masked presenter, "the newcomer Ami and her Seedot are the victors!" The crowd erupts in cheers, a few even begin to chant your name. Cans and bottles rain down on Trent, it sure didn't take much for the crowd to turn on him. It takes three guards to drag the bulky Trent away, another relieves him of his Pokeball and recalls the Tangela. You feel the bracelet on your wrist begin to tingle with electricity, turning around you see Madame Marsh has entered the arena.

"This way please Ami, I don't want to have to turn up the amplitude on the bracelet." You recall Glimmer, the Seedot was still suffering from the poison the Tangela had inflicted on her. As you follow Madame Marsh out of the arena, you notice Jacob leaning down over the edge of the stand. He drops a small pink Pecha berry down to you. Thankfully you manage to catch it and stash it in your pocket without Madame Marsh catching you. She leads you down a tunnel into a smaller cavern filled with barred cells. She directs you into one, they were rather bare, just a seat filled the small cell. They were likely just holding cells for battlers between fights, they probably didn't want them roaming through the mine. "You wait here till your next match, well fought there, keep it up and I think you have a decent chance. Unfortunately rules dictate that we don't heal your Pokemon in between matches, too bad about your Seedot's poisoning, have fun with that." Madame Marsh smiles as she leaves, her Magneton follows her closely.

There were a couple of other people waiting for their battles, none of them seemed talkative though. Trent wasn't among them, there was no sign of the man you just defeated. The guard who confiscated his Tangela did happen to show up however, he makes his way into a room built into the end of the cavern. He uses a keycard to unlock the door, which he quickly stashes in his pocket before entering the room, the door closes behind him. Perhaps that is where they are storing all the confiscated Pokemon?
*Glimmerwood was elevated from Lv. 5 to Lv. 8!*

While the joy and relief of victory hung on her, Ami couldn't help but worry about something: whatever that tangela did at the end, it freaking hurt. If she was only allowed to use one pokemon, there was a real chance that the poisoning would end it all before the next match even began- definitely not a preferred outcome in the slightest.

"Tangela is unable to battle- the newcomer Ami and her seedot are the victors!" Said newcomer's heart skipped a beat. She hadn't told anyone her name since coming to this forsaken city! To pry something she hadn't even thought from her mind would take some serious psychic power, which meant the game was probably over already anyways. Had her employers known about this as well?

'At least the crowd seems pleased,' she thought gloomily as Trent was separated from his beloved strangler extraordinaire and drug off into the void. Sure, he probably wasn't all that nice a guy given that he was literally suffocating the competition, but he probably didn't deserve to be pulled away from his (apparently) only partner like that... It was probably an inevitability, anyways.

"Ack!" A slight tingling sensation in her left arm quickly drew away her attention from her thoughts- probably a good thing, given her suspicions. Madame Marsh and her trusty magneton were approaching her, though whether it was to take her to a break room or kick her out was hard to say.

Thankfully, it was the former. Under the treat of increasing the voltage on the band (and setting her jacket on fire, most likely), the victor was led to a waiting room of sorts that was already filled with people. The guy from outside the mines threw something pink at her as she passed, alerting her that he actually did manage to make it in. Judging from the number of them, Ami couldn't but feel like she had been thrown under the bus just because she was almost late- the organizers probably could've pulled any one of these guys to be Trent's final opponent and called it a day. Well, it's not like she would've learned much about the system from in here, anyway.

Once Madame Marsh left the room, she took a good look at Jacob's gift and smiled. The lady with the magnetic amalgamate may have thought the poison would end her, but she now had a genuine pecha berry in her possession! She quickly slipped it into Glimmer's cyber ball just as the guy who carried off Trent walked into the room. He quickly keyed into a side room and entered it, closing the door behind him as he slipped the card back into his pocket. Chances were, that was where the losers' pokemon were kept until the auction, placed in the waiting room to serve as constant reminder of what will happen should you lose. And judging from what Madame Marsh has stated about the rules, losing was an extremely likely possibility...

Seeing as participants weren't allowed to heal their pokemon, chances were they also weren't allowed to use more than one. But... it was also likely that more than one pokemon was allowed- after all, being able to control multiple was a sign of a trainer's competency and it would net the 'patrons' more cash should a person with multiple lose. The next move would be pretty difficult based on that uncertainty alone... if she had been here to actually get recruited, that is. She made sure nobody was looking, pulled Bell and Nadie's pokeballs from their respective locations on her person. She dropped Bell's ball down her sleeve so that it rested against the metal band and placed Nadie's ball with Glimmer's- it was unfortunate, but the seedot's chances of claiming two more victories were incredibly slim, so it would be in her best interest to be prepared to act on that.

But for now, she'll wait. Her second match will start at any minute, and she still needed to be focused on that.

Last edited by Median Dia; 07-11-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #224
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams (Neutral): The centrepiece of the city located fittingly in the middle, the Bastion of Dreams was the main government building, stretching into the skies, and where the Goldenridge Council met their bloody end. The enormous structure yet stands, but no side dares to contest for the obvious vantage for fear of what lies within. Legends state that the building was constructed above and around a shrine to a creature of unknown origin said to sway the minds of those who happened upon it. As a result, it is largely abandoned, and many of the valuable documents within are up for grabs, though rumours have it that the final survivor of the council resides within, watching the world crumble around her, with an enigmatic force keeping her safe. Even the deities know not what pokemon are brave enough to reside within, but one thing is certain: those who have ventured in...have never emerged again. Reply in Dark Green.
“Something has felt really unsettling about this area ever since we got here, Rika.” Patches says to the Espeon that is walking beside her to her right. Today has been pretty spontaneous over all, Patches had decided that she hadn’t spent any quality time with Rika lately so they headed out exploring with no real destination in mind. Normally, she is the type of person who can find positives in every situation but even she couldn’t really tune out the negative atmosphere around her ever since entering this city. Many of the buildings she passes look busted and a lot of the streets are abandoned, while the ones that aren’t, have people with hopelessness written all over their faces. It was getting a bit difficult for Patches to handle, for the first time ever, she was avoiding eye contact with anyone she meets while wishing she knew what she could do to help.

Eventually, she stops walking and is now standing in front of a tall run-down building and looks down at Rika. “You know what? How about we take a break. I’m pretty thirsty, maybe this place will have some water we can drink!” She does her best to not show that she is feeling a bit down, since that’s something none of her Pokemon are used to and she needs to be able to keep them all happy with her positive attitude. Rika looks at the building and seems to hesitate, she can feel that something is really off about this place. “Esp…” She shakes her head and attempts to lead Patches away but it would seem her trainer has already made up her mind because Patches is already in front of the doors. “Are you coming Rika!?” Patches smiles and waves Rika over and then opens the doors to enter the building. Rika knows she can’t allow her trainer to go in this place alone so she cautiously follows her inside.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #225
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Balmund - [Update Music]

“Carlos, isn’t it? I know you’re a smart man and you know how this song and dance goes. You’ve played this game before from the other side, after all. If only they had been more cooperative, am I right?”

Carlos stared at you with begrudging eyes. He was clearly not happy about his predicament, and he was probably angry with himself for showing the weakness that he had. His manner had changed completely, though. You weren’t sure if it was just a ruse, but if it was, you surmised he was a terrific actor: he genuinely looked as though he wanted blood. This did not appear to be the same man you had seen just moments prior. Regardless, you decided to proceed.

“Now listen, my friend J here can be quite brutal - you saw how it went down with that Krokorok, right? - but hey, my name might be K, but I’m not kidding when I say I want the best of outcomes for you right now.” J rolled her eyes and pressed one of her hands against her temple. “Your friends aren’t going to get here in time, y’know, so I’m the only one standing between you and the pain that J has in store for you both. Capiche? Good.” The thug did not react voluntarily. His left nostril and upper lip twitched, and he shook ever so slightly.

“Here’s a question that’ll be nice and simple to verify: What’s the code for the safe?”

Carlos inhaled deeply, and the corners of his lips wrinkled upward. He looked at you, squinted his eyes, and then looked at J - and he began to laugh. “Are you for real? You went to all of this effort just for that? Haha. That is truly pathetic.”

J grabbed a knife off of the dining table, wrapped her arms around the passed out Cecil’s shoulders, and immediately pressed the knife underneath his thumbnail. “I will do it, so help me. If you think K and myself are here to play around, we aren’t. And if you think you can buy time while your crew figures out what’s going on, think again. If they start trying to break the doors down, I’ll kill both of you on the spot.”

You weren’t sure if J was bluffing or not, though given the conversation she had just had with you moments ago, it was difficult to believe she would be telling the truth. Either way, it was important to follow her lead - just as it was important that she followed yours.

“You heard the man. The code. Now.” Carlos grimaced and bit his lip. His eyes darted to J, to you, and to Cecil. He seemed to be thinking. J gently pushed the knife under the nail further. “Now.

“Go fuck yourself.”

Without hesitation, J clenched her teeth, covered Cecil’s mouth, and drove the knife under Cecil’s thumbnail, twisted, and pressed the butt of the knife downward, tearing the appendage from the finger. Cecil immediately awakened with a muted howl, his eyes widened and bloodshot. Carlos’ jaw dropped as he looked to the bleeding thumb and back to his partner. Within seconds, Cecil had once more passed back out from the pain.

“The code. Now,” J pressed once more. Carlos began to break. “You wanna know what’s in the safe? Z-Crystals. Your bitch here just took the last one! There’s nothing for you in there anyway!”

J looked thoughtful for a moment. She eyed the box that she had sat on the table containing the Z-Ring and Crystal that she had won, and looked as though it had suddenly dawned on her that that is what it indeed was. Suddenly, she took the bloodied knife, extended Cecil’s index finger, and began to press the knife underneath. Carlos looked at her, his eyes twitching. He looked away and shut his eyes, clenching his teeth. “I lied! Don’t do it! There is one left - a Darkinium-Z and TM Brutal Swing...! 6392-1996-5454!”

You’d test the safe in a moment to decide whether or not he was telling the truth (as it would turn out - he was).

“Who's running this place? Where can I find him/her?” You asked.

“What? Are you serious!? The Shells are running this place!”

J tapped the knife. “Don’t fuck with me. I did it once, I’ll do it nine more times, and then another ten when it’s your turn.”

Carlos’ fist became white knuckled as he clenched it underneath of the web that bound him to his chair. “This sector of Shell operations is overseen and operated by Shell Admin Saoirse de Paor. You won’t find her here, though. She controls Shell gambling operations remotely from the Shell base inside of the Delphroxx Nightclub. She receives orders directly from the Boss himself.”

At the sound of Saoirse’s name, J clenched her teeth and her eyes widened. She began pressing the knife into Cecil’s finger, drawing blood. “W-what?! Hey! Stop! I gave you your answer!” J blinked, looked at Carlos, and then down to the knife. She looked to you and then withdrew the bloody blade from Cecil’s finger.

After a moment of silence, you continued to press your hostage. “How many personnel are there in this complex?”

“Look, man, I don’t… all I know is I heard some talking that we were only allocated the budget for a 100 man operation at this facility, and if things went well then they would invest more into it... that was four months ago.”

J seemed accepting of this answer because she didn’t bring the blade back to Cecil’s fingers yet. She seemed focused on Carlos as he spoke. Suddenly, she cut in. “There were nowhere near that number of Shells within the arena. Where are the rest of your guys?”

Suddenly, a look crept across Carlos’ face that revealed he had miscalculated. His attitude became extremely serious. Even from the position that he was in, he became uncharacteristically commanding. “We are done here. You can kill him. You can kill me. We are both dead men walking now. There is nothing you can do to either of us that would matter.” He was angry. Tears began welling in his eyes, but not of sadness. He stared directly at you and clenched his teeth. “You don’t cross Saoirse. Ever.” He paused, his lips quivering in anger as tears rolled down his cheeks. “I was a fool to have... This room is bugged. If she doesn’t know about this already, she will soon. You’ve killed us all.”
Reply Music

Duke's demeanor became a tad more serious after the hostage's breakdown. He paused and remained silent before walking up to the safe. Click, click, clack... He casually entered the digits one by one, and lo and behold, it opened. "Huh, you actually did spit out the right one." He quipped, equipping the Darkinium Z and stashing the TM Brutal Swing before walking back to his initial position, slowly, and deliberately giving Carlos a chance to recover his breath. Even after what he said, there was a chance he could be coerced into saying more. The trick was in pulling the right strings, and the only remaining concern, honestly, was time. In particular, it wasn't so much time before reinforcements arrived - he was confident in his ability to deal with those - but rather, time to explore the rest of the floor before the others dealt with whatever traces of clues and evidence left. If what Carlos said about the room being bugged was true, which it likely was, then spending more time in here was a potentially wasteful and dangerous gambit. Still, Carlos had thus far shown a very human side of him, despite his bravado. He was a person that cared for those dear to him. J didn't have to go far at all with Cecil before Carlos started getting desperate. Perhaps after one more push...

"Carlos, do you have a family?" Duke resumed. "Are you close? I'm sure you know, Saoirse won't just stop with you, am I right? This is not just about you... or your friend... everything you hold dear is about to get burned down into nothingness." He paused again, letting it sink in and gauging his reaction. "We'll stop her, Carlos. With or without your help. It's only a matter of when. You've nothing else to lose. If you've any shred of hope left in you, then tell me, where are the others?"

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 07-17-2017 at 05:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records