UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 12-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
dirkac
uhhhhh

Age of Empires

Mildly surprised there isn't a thread for this but whatever.

For whoever doesn't know, Age of Empires is a Real Time Strategy series of games for the pc (and some unholy offspring on the DS).

AoE2 is the best RTS ever and I will fight you over it.

So today I discovered that an AoE4 is in the works, even though the trailer's been floating since like August.

BORKED

I also played AoE3 for the first time today but despite the novelty of being able to play as the Dutch without mods jesus it is godawful compared to 2.

Oh, and if anyone's up for a game through voobly or gameranger (or just through Steam if you have the HD version) post your username here and we'll see if we can get a game organized sometime.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
Kung Fu Ferret
Pokemon Trainer

I have Age of Mythology on Steam if that counts. I'm not very competitive though.
Kung Fu Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
Hunter
Excessive Spammer

Ah ha ha! I loved Age of Mythology. As for AoE2, I registered at Age of Empires heaven before UPN. They are still around!! I wasn't competent though; didn't play on-line. Later I became a path blood fiend on gameranger.

I was designing a path blood scenario to sort of work out a few of the exploits and get a couple of English words in the instructions, but let me just tell you that scenario editor is a bitch and I think there's something like 800 triggers in that scenario. I got way tired of that before finishing. *sigh*

As far as I am concerned, Age of Empires 2 has no sequel!

On a related topic last year I took a trip through Age of Empires. Oh man. My memory played some tricks on me and it is much cruder than I remember. I always get bored before the individual scenarios. Did you know in the whole game (IIRC) there's a grand total of ONE NPC chat message? It's not voiced either. Pay your damn tribute or we're going to attack you.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games