UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #126
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Alrighty so I was able to get the kinks worked out with the other mods the past few days, and thus here will be the official changes happening to the Adoption Center, that will be going live with this post and will be in the news!

-Advanced Care no longer is a thing. All Pokemon that enter the Adoption Center will be $200.
-New Pokemon can enter the Adoption Center at any level at or between 1 and 10.
-New Pokemon that enter the Adoption Center can have up to two Egg Moves.
-Pokemon will be discounted to $100 after being in the Adoption Center for three months. This change will go live at the start of their third month being there.
-Pokemon will be free for the last month they are in the Adoption Center before being Adopted by a NPC Trainer.
-Pokemon will be in the adoption center for a minimum of six months before they are adopted by NPC Trainers and removed from the AC. NPC Trainer adoptions will occur in January and July every year. Any Pokemon from December or earlier will be released in July, and any Pokemon from June or earlier will be released in January.
-Twice a calendar year, we will host BoGo Promotions. These will be around times when the AC is getting close to full up. As we already had one in March of this year, we will have one at some point later this year.
-New Adoptions will be posted in the Serebii news thread, in addition to being pinged in the Discord Announcement channels.

That's pretty much it. Thank you, everyone, for the feedback! We'll be announcing the next shop soon, so please stay tuned.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 12:32 PM   #127
Lil'twick
Insanity

Alright, so, we have decided that we will be working on Bi-Monthlies next. So, any thoughts, or suggestions, on how to improve the shop/service would be appreciated. The only thought I really have would be diversifying rewards or allowing you to claim each tier you qualify for. Besides that, please discuss!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-24-2023, 01:46 PM   #128
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Prize Tiers:
• Tier 1- 3 Update Minimum Requirement: 3 Rare Candies or 2 Mysterious Gummis or 1 Enigma Egg or 1 Silver Umbra Coin
• Tier 2- 5 Update Minimum Requirement: 5 Rare Candies or 1 TM/TR or 1 Ability Capsule or 1 Type Egg or 1 Zone Egg
• Tier 3- 10 Update Minimum Requirement: 1 Heart Scale or 1 Shiny Spray or 1 Starter Egg or 1 Fossil Egg or 1 Baby Egg
So this is what it looks like atm.

First thoughts:
T1 is hilariously unbalanced. A random Pokemon, a random Shadow Pokemon... 3 levels or 10 bond. IMO it should be one of candies/gummis and one of umbra/enigma, or even making it just a choice of umbra or enigma and then you get the candies and gummis as standard. I think T1 needs to be the big lure tier if you want to get people actually updating.

T2: Random mon of a certain type, restricted random mon, a TM, 5 levels or an ability capsule. Honestly... 5 levels is alright but should be a fixed bit, one TM is very much not on a par with everything else, and I doubt the value of the ability capsule given almost everything comes without a declared ability. I'd cut the TM option because bluntly it is worthless by comparison to the two eggs or five candies, and maybe reshuffle the eggs as mentioned below.

T3: 10 levels/5 EM/MTs, fake-a-shiny, or one of three very niche egg pools. Spray and scale are fine, the egg pool needs overhauling for here. Starter/Fossil/Baby are some very narrow pools and there's a strong chance that people who get here would rather have had the option of a zone or type egg than one of these niche things. I'd swap this tier's eggs for T2's.

Claiming each tier you qualify for, fine by me. Might need to consider limiting the number of eggs you can grab, but that might just be me grouching.

So, by my test system:
T1: 3 Candies AND 2 Gummis AND EITHER Enigma Egg OR Silver Umbra.
T2: 5 Candies OR Baby Egg OR Starter Egg OR Fossil Egg OR Ability Capsule
T3: Scale OR Spray OR Zone Egg OR Type Egg.

I get there's probably going to be some backlash on the egg shuffles but bluntly the scale kind of outvalues everything else there due to how niche the egg pool options are.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:42 PM   #129
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Honestly, I think IT's on the right track here. The egg pools between 2 and 3 can be pretty flexible in my mind since I can think of people who may want something like Fossil Eggs more than Type Eggs, but again, I wouldn't mind that being played around with to see where that sticks. I am very much with IT on T1 being the initial incentive that gets people updating, plus being able to claim multiple tiers makes it fine to pick between each T2 and T3 option since we would already be getting multiple T1 rewards.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:10 PM   #130
Lil'twick
Insanity

Honestly, I do like a lot of what Iron has suggested, but the one thing I don't want to agree with is the switching of tier 2 and 3 eggs. While these eggs might be more niche, they are meant to be more desirable and exclusive eggs. As it stands, a starter egg has an equal or better chance to get a starter than trying to go through a type egg for it. Meanwhile, Fossil and Baby are more niche groups, but we are trying to have these targeted eggs as specific rewards for updaters. Type and Zone eggs are available from both LP Emporium and Slots already, so it doesn't make sense to work harder for something that is more easily available.

As for Tier 1, I do agree it does need some enticing options. However, I do want to point out that like... people who want to update are already updating. It is basically impossible to make people update who don't want to update. So, it needs to be a conscious decision by them to update in the first place, the rewards are very much just extras. I would like some current updaters' opinions on this.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-26-2023, 10:44 AM   #131
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I can understand the niche eggs being more of a reward, but I think that they're almost too niche. Maybe having T3's egg options just be a choice of any of the currently-defined eggs (So Enigma, Type, Zone, Baby, Starter or Fossil) so that if you just don't want the baby/starter/fossil eggs you still have An Egg Option there rather than being hamstrung to either shiny spray or heart scale. Or, maybe we could consider trying to put together some alternate egg pools to go in that Baby/Starter/Fossil category (Maybe regional eggs or a "regional forms" egg?).
Old 05-26-2023, 03:58 PM   #132
Lil'twick
Insanity

I do think we can talk about more potential egg groups once the hatchery comes around, but those three groupings tend to be very high profile wants (we get at least one fossil or staryer egg per bi-month grabbed). Just because the groupings might not be partivularly enticing for some players, there still is the Heart Scale and Shiny Spray as well, both of which are high profile items.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-29-2023, 03:12 PM   #133
KingSalmon
Boulder Badge

I will say that 6 breeding slots per year feels to me like it devalues basically any Egg Tier other than Enigma Eggs from which you can get UBs/Paradoxes, meaning if I really want a starter I can probably just ask around, but that's for another discussion. At the moment I feel more compelled to write updates for the regular ladder uber-rewards (still so far away though ^^") and Legend Points rather than what's on offer in the bimonthlies tbh.

I do think reward tiers stacking is appealing - levelling up is still a painfully slow process imo and extra ways to alleviate that are always welcome, sometimes more so than new ways to get even more Lv 1 Pokemon...
KingSalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:38 PM   #134
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

So I will admit I've been having trouble thinking of anything to say other than just quoting and saying broad agrees/disagrees. For the most part the proposed changes to tier rewards work for me.

However, when I was thinking of Legend Adventure Points, a thought struck me: When I tally LAP, I'm already checking and verifying everyone's updates over the Bi-Monthly period, including updates that weren't logged. We did this specifically for parity between replies and updates in terms of earning points, as well as to avoid adding extra player-side bookkeeping to a new feature.

But because we do this, I'm wondering what purpose continuing to have ZU's log their Bi-Monthly Updates in order to gain rewards actually is. I don't actually use anyone's Bi-Monthly posts to help me with tallying LAP because if I did there's a chance I'd miss an update that wasn't logged, and with the compiled list it's pretty trivial to count how many updates someone's made within the period and issue reward tiers from there. It would mean that updators no longer have to double-log their updates, which could help reduce fatigue from bookkeeping.
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:41 PM   #135
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Finally getting around to looking at this and throwing my cents in as a moderator as well as a updator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
T1: 3 Candies AND 2 Gummis AND EITHER Enigma Egg OR Silver Umbra.
T2: 5 Candies OR Baby Egg OR Starter Egg OR Fossil Egg OR Ability Capsule
T3: Scale OR Spray OR Zone Egg OR Type Egg.
Taking a look at this testing scale of the tiers, I do like what is proposed with combining Candies and Gummies and then offering the Coin/Egg.
T2 I feel and 3 should be treated in a similar way. Giving flat rewards along with an option of something unique would be the route I would want to go with this.

Given that, a lot of people are using the daycare, as well as buying levels I feel like some more candies should be given per Tier along with the optional rewards. ( 5, 10, 15 as an example ) The exact total can be discussed upon I am just giving an example.

But, thinking about this as a Updator, I feel like both Diversifying the rewards as well as claiming for each tier you qualify for would be more enticing than just oh here's a new selection of rewards but you only get to select one teir, and only x option in it because you worked _so hard_.
tbh these days it seems like a joke. Oh you got 10 updates out? Here Pick 1 special thing out of all these tiers.

For someone like me, I like to update just for the heck of it and have only been like claiming because hey, something good can come out of it. I'm not driven to achieve a goal. Giving one unique Item along with a flatline guarantee for each teir is more enticing for me.

On the topic that Shadow Brings up, I understand where that's coming from but I don't really have a good answer or response to it other than saying its less of a workload for Mods / Head helpers who would have to constantly check and track members and then post who hit what when much later on this could be a huge momentous task in the future

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #136
Lil'twick
Insanity

So I do think just having a flat reward is a good thing, so let me propose a sort of list for the tiers.

Tier 1- 5 Rare Candies & 2 Mysterious Gummis or 1 Shadow Gummi + 1 of the following: Enigma Egg or Silver Umbra Coin
Tier 2- 10 Rare Candies & 3 Mysterious Gummis or 2 Shadow Gummis + 1 of the following: Type Egg, Zone Egg, or Ability Capsule
Tier 3- 15 Rare Candies & 5 Mysterious Gummis or 3 Shadow Gummis or 1 Shiny Spray + 1 of the following: Heart Scale, Baby Egg, Fossil Egg, or Starter Egg

Overall, this is personally the best way to add in scaling reward tiers every bi-month and offers more immediate rewards than Staff Rewards. This is also more beneficial for updaters, who can get faster rewards compared to the other (and perfectly valid) means of obtaining FC.

Additionally, this helps updaters with better resource flow. Except for the start of a new 50 FC block, it on average takes 3 Updates it hit your next FC reward. So, if you update three times within a bi-month period, you not only hit that reward tier, but you also get access to the benefits of the first bi-month tier. The 5 candies can be used for both leveling or to obtain $1250, which can be useful in getting an evolution item for example. This would total to about 30 candies if you hit all three tiers, which is about $7500. Perfect to obtain something nice from the LP Emporium if you so desire.

Levels are also a major issue that I hope we can tackle sooner rather than later, and this will at least help alleviate it for those on the updating end. I opted to include Shadow Gummis as an alternative to the Mysterious Gummis since not everyone wants to partake in bond or is more interested in having Shadow Pokemon. I also put the Shiny Spray as one of the potential Tier 10 guarantees since it is mostly a cosmetic choice to shiny spray a Pokemon, and is fine to obtain one in addition to the other rewards. I do feel having the Heart Scale as an additional option still holds merit, since it can be used as either 10 Rare Candies at the Day Care, or allow you to get five moves at the move tutor. Eggs I have already explained my reasoning on why I feel the tiers should stay.

As for Shadow's offer, I have already discussed things in private on why we are having it seperately claimed. LAS, as of this point, should most likely be its own thread as well to be seperate from bi-months, and were put there as a more, well, temporary solution.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-05-2023, 01:05 PM   #137
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Looks good to me!

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 01:04 PM   #138
Lil'twick
Insanity

Alright everyone the mods have convened and we have discussed the bi-monthly rewards. Here will be the new tiers:

Tier 1: x5 Rare Candies and one from each of the following options:
A) x2 Mysterious Gummis /or/ x1 Shadow Gummi /or/ x1 Nugget
B) x1 Enigma Egg /or/ x1 Silver Umbra Coin /or/ x1 Heart Scale
Tier 2: x5 Rare Candies and one from each of the following options:
A) x3 Mysterious Gummis /or/ x2 Shadow Gummis /or/ x1 Amulet Coin /or/ x1 Lucky Egg /or/ x1 Soothe Bell
B) x1 Type Egg /or/ x1 Zone Egg /or/ x1 Ability Capsule
Tier 3: x5 Rare Candies and one from each of the following options:
A) x5 Mysterious Gummis /or/ x2 Shadow Gummis /or/ 1 Shiny Spray
B) x1 Heart Scale /or/ x1 Baby Egg /or/ x1 Fossil Egg /or/ x1 Starter Egg

Every tier you hit will be able to be claimed at the end of the bi-month period. Additionally, as per proposed by Sniz, we will also be implementing the following feature:

If an updater hits Tier 3 five out of the six bi-monthly periods within a year, they will be rewarded an additional Birthday Egg at the start of the new year.

Additionally, we have small gameplay updates for the Amulet Coin, Lucky Egg, and the Soothe Bell. Each item, when equipped, will double the amount of appropriate reward if that Pokemon is used in that adventure reply. So you'll earn double the money if a Pokemon used holds an Amulet Coin. A Pokemon holding a Lucky Egg will gain double the amount of levels it normally would've gotten. And a Pokemon will gain double the amount of bond with the Soothe Bell. Any Pokeball modifiers will be added after the doubling from the held item.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-27-2023, 07:39 PM   #139
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hey guys, we are currently going to be pausing shop discussion as more pressing issues have been brought up by community members on Discord. We will let you all know once that thread is live, as well as when this thread reopens.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development