UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #101
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Hi Stu!

I stopped watching after Battle City. I never really gave GX a try so perhaps I got to watch the best of it without having to watch a bad series poison the sanctity of Duelist Kingdom/Battle City :O
Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #102
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
AIf I ever play I solely play on consoles. Collecting the cards are too expensive and time consuming. I have the first 3 Tag Force PSP games. Which due to the PSP's vastly superior memory to the DS have not only essentially all the printed cards ever, they also have extra room for cards that were anime only and never printed. Incredible set of games. They have a 4th and 5th based around 5Ds now I believe.

The GBA/DS YGO games always lacked in the card department for me. So it's PSP ones all the way. Although I do own a collection of the GBA/DS ones. And a PS2 Game, which was hilarious. And the Tag Force games have a solo duel option so it's not all entirely Tag Duels (so you get the best of both worlds + literally thousands of cards to choose from). I really need to find my PSP when I go home and boot it up again.
If you grab your PSP I'll buy one of those games and we can play on Wifi, Stubert.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #103
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I haven't watched the show that much. I watched the original until GX started, then I stopped watching it, and I didn't start watching the show again until I started playing again, a couple years ago, and even then I didn't watch much... I saw two story archs of 5Ds, and half the first season of GX, and after that I got bored... not really a fan of TV/movies xD

I'm just in it for the cards. Now off to my tournament xD

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #104
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Holy arse, barely a week and a half after I figured I'd put away the old Yu-Gi-Oh cards for good and suddenly this thread makes me want to get them out and see if I can build a nifty deck from my admittedly not very good collection. Good going, guys.

Was waaaay into the TCG for a couple of years, though I was never any good at it, nor was I a very competitive player. I mostly played online with some other PASBL fellows and lost to everyone. (Didn't know anybody in real life that played the game at that point and probably didn't think to find anyone.) I don't remember my deck being terribly good, either... iirc it over-relied either on Gravity Bind or that one Spell that kept monsters with over 1500 ATK from attacking.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #105
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
that one Spell that kept monsters with over 1500 ATK from attacking.
Printed attack or current attack? If the latter, seems like that'd actually be a really good, trolly card. Sure, it'd be susceptible to Mystical Space Typhoons and the like, but so's any good trap or continuous magic card.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #106
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Crush Card Virus was the troll card of my time.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #107
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That was way more badass in the anime when Kaiba pulled it. In the anime, it went through your entire deck. In the actual card game, it was a little more reasonable. ^^;
Old 02-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #108
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
Holy arse, barely a week and a half after I figured I'd put away the old Yu-Gi-Oh cards for good and suddenly this thread makes me want to get them out and see if I can build a nifty deck from my admittedly not very good collection. Good going, guys.

Was waaaay into the TCG for a couple of years, though I was never any good at it, nor was I a very competitive player. I mostly played online with some other PASBL fellows and lost to everyone. (Didn't know anybody in real life that played the game at that point and probably didn't think to find anyone.) I don't remember my deck being terribly good, either... iirc it over-relied either on Gravity Bind or that one Spell that kept monsters with over 1500 ATK from attacking.
I got up this morning and went out in search of my box of binders and old decks because of the thread last night. I'm deeply upset right now because I haven't seen them in 4 years, and I can't find them anywhere in my house. I won't stop looking though...

I used to play with my cards in front of my computer against friends online via IM all the time, of course you couldn't know if someone was cheating or not, but I've had plenty of matches which proved both players were acting legitimately and in good faith, which was always nice. Of course now you can probably duel via webcam as well... If I could find my cards again, I'd totally be down for duels with UPNers.

Gravity Bind was never a bad card, but almost no one used it and I don't know why. However, that + Wall of Revealing Light made for a decent combo if you could also get a card on the field that pumped your life points every turn and another card that negated monster effects (so, no Jinzo). Deadly combo, basically locks your opponent into not being able to do anything. Throw in Spell Jammer and they may as well forfeit.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #109
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Printed attack or current attack? If the latter, seems like that'd actually be a really good, trolly card. Sure, it'd be susceptible to Mystical Space Typhoons and the like, but so's any good trap or continuous magic card.
The card she's thinking of is the spell card Messenger of Peace. Gravity Bind is a trap card with a similar idea. Both got used in my burn deck to help stop super-aggressive decks just overrunning me.

Woo cards I actually remember! Outside of the stuff in my deck and the classic anime stuff there really aren't many of those :p.

Last edited by Concept; 02-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #110
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
The card she's thinking of is the spell card Messenger of Peace. Gravity Bind is a trap card with a similar idea. Both got used in my burn deck to help stop super-aggressive decks just overrunning me.

Woo cards I actually remember! Outside of the stuff in my deck and the classic anime stuff there really aren't many of those :p.
I ran the both of them in my Nurse deck. Worked wonders.

Also, I joined that site whoever linked to last night. Tried it a bit by rebuilding the old Nurse. People are still dicks. Just like I remember.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #111
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

This YGO thread made me miss my childhood so I booted up Forbidden Memories on my computer. How I missed this game ;;
Old 02-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #112
phoopes
Double Dragon

So... I'm going to try and get back into this (online, of course), but the only cards I remember are the 5 Exodia cards, Slifer, Ra, Obelisk, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician and its female equivilant, Kuriboh, Winged Kuriboh, Trap Hole, Bite Shoes, and Mystical Space Typhoon. So yeah, I'd need help.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #113
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Forgets Black Eyes Red Dragon and Jinzo

Seriously, Joey's anime deck was totally the coolest.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #114
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
So... I'm going to try and get back into this (online, of course), but the only cards I remember are the 5 Exodia cards, Slifer, Ra, Obelisk, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician and its female equivilant, Kuriboh, Winged Kuriboh, Trap Hole, Bite Shoes, and Mystical Space Typhoon. So yeah, I'd need help.
Phoopes should totally duel me on that site that was linked to last night.

Quote:

I don't know man. Tea's was pretty baws.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #115
deoxys
Fog Badge

>Tea's was pretty boss

poor attempt at trolling sir

Serenity's was where it was at.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #116
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Best themed deck was Bakura's ouija deck in Battle City. Hell, that was one of the best fights in the entire series (Yami Bakura vs. Yami Yuugi atop Kaiba's massive ego blimp).
Old 02-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #117
Char
Banned

Quote:

I made a Gravity Bind deck for my 2nd "lol let's troll" deck cuz I kept getting that card in booster backs. Had a buncha boost cards and attack directly cards, with some other junk mixed in. It was pretty bad tho.

My actual deck was a lot more fun, and I actually got to the semi-finals of a tournament in the only one I played (had like 130ish people). That's a long story though...it was quite the journey to get to the semis, and I lost because of some bullshit loss where the ref took the other guy's word over mine (I was a kid, he was a big burly guy) cuz he was looking at the other match at the time. He won the 1st match fairly, I was about to win the 2nd one but the refs discretion effed me over, and 2 out of 3 so yeah.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #118
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:

Black Eyes Red Dragon is something that I now remember after hearing the name. Jinzo doesn't ring a bell, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari
Phoopes should totally duel me on that site that was linked to last night.
I will, once I learn how to actually do this all over again.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #119
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
I will, once I learn how to actually do this all over again.
If I can find out what I had in my old deck, I might join you.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #120
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'm thinking about starting off with a Dragon deck. Is this a good idea?

EDIT: Eh, I'm just copying a Dragon deck I found on a really professional-looking and huge Yu-Gi-Oh! site, and making a few adjustments. It has a playability rating of four, but an originality rating of ten, so yay for that I guess.

Last edited by phoopes; 02-18-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #121
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
If I can find out what I had in my old deck, I might join you.
Quote:

EDIT: Eh, I'm just copying a Dragon deck I found on a really professional-looking and huge Yu-Gi-Oh! site, and making a few adjustments. It has a playability rating of four, but an originality rating of ten, so yay for that I guess.
I do warn the both of you, if you do start on that site, the controls are somewhat tricky to get used to. It's also a bit hard to find someone who actually understands the rules at all that isn't a really good or a really crappy player.

>Dragon deck

It'll probably work just fine. I've dueled and lost to a few already.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #122
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:

>copies someone else's original deck
>proceeds to comment on the deck being original

Uhh ... I don't think you get to say that. He might get to. The deck's creator, I mean. You on the other hand ...

phoopes: *YOINK!*

... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #123
deoxys
Fog Badge

YES I FOUND MY CARDS

Hidden away in the dark corners of my basement in a box.

With them, I found stacks of Pokemon, Pokemon Adventures, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Spider-Man comics. It was like a treasure trove I didn't know I had, I was so happy.

Will post my deck list in a bit for any of you who want to analyze it. It looks like my final tourney deck was actually a combination of my beatdown and my chaos decks, forming a chaos beatdown/field control deck. I had the advice of a National finalist help with forming the deck.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #124
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Talon comments on the fact that it's not original.
>Talon fails to notice that I said "I'm making a few adjustments to the deck."
>Adjustments include changing around over 20 of the cards to include stuff I like just from searching around for good Dragon cards.

Yeah...

Anyway, I lost my first battle. Freakin' Toon World. How'd I forget that?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #125
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

I made top four of the tourney today Lost to my friend in the semi's and he ended up winning, so it's all good xD

As for the mention of Dragons, they're actually REALLY good right now. You can even build the deck IRL for about $30 bucks, and you will be extremely competitive in tournaments. I recommend it if you wanna get back into the game!

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment