UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #101
Tenorphin
Boulder Badge

I wasn't gonna say anything before things have somewhat established, mostly because I wasn't an active forumgoer and/or player in general and I think my opinions may or may not go against the consensus of UPN FB, but I think current situation is that people are so reluctant to commit to one idea because there are still dissent voices here and there, and I think the lack of a stopper (i.e. mods) is what stopping the new forum structure from actually forming.

My questions:
1. At which point of discussion should we think an issue has been discussed enough and can be executed?
2. How important and how urgent should an issue be with regards to getting the basic structure of the forum working again?
3. How much importance should we place on an individual's opinions vs the consensus?
a. How do we determine consensus (i.e. do we quantify opinions and how or do we "elect" a person to represent the majority)?
b. How are we choosing the person to lead the UPN FB, since I'm under the impression that UPN FB is having a representative democratic system rather than a dictatorship (goes without saying)?

With regards to the proposal, I'd rather not add my opinion into the pool until my questions are clarified.
Tenorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #102
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I can't advocate for others in terms of their opinions, but I can throw in my two cents on your questions.

1) I personally feel that most of the things within the proposal have been discussed enough to the point where we can truly execute them if we want to, with some details that would still need to be hammered out. One of the major things is that people will discuss something to death and someone would still not be happy. If a topic eventually just seems to be major agreement after a discussion on it then I feel that it could be put into place.

2) Being honest, getting a structure back up is pretty important. So if there are any issues with anything proposed with the basic structure, it should be brought up so that the community can work together and solve the issue.

3) A person's opinion should matter in the terms of discussion, but when a general conclusion is agreed by the community at large, I feel that the individual should accept it. While it is limiting to the person, yes, we're at a point where there is a need for structure in order for FB to start running again. The problem with doing things like this at the moment is that we can't please everyone, and that while we need to be open to alternate ideas, if something is decided on then it should be final.

A) Consensus generally is when the community/participants in the discussion start to basically rehash the same core idea over and over again. Being honest, have elections makes me feel uneasy since it implies that there will be a political structure, which FB doesn't need. If people are still divided on a topic, then the conversation should continue unless it's getting nowhere, where in that case the topic can be shelved. If there is an overwhelming positive/negative response, then I think the answer is clear.

B) Like I said earlier, politics makes me feel uneasy in terms of a RP. I know the old mod team had more than an iron grip, but we need to focus less that it was the position that did it, but more the people. There is a need for balance of power, yes, but there is no need to be political or evoke political systems. I know I wrote one possible way to elect people when I wrote the proposal, which was primarily the ideas of the rest of the Discord server compiled into what is now here in the forums. I do agree that we need mods sooner than latter, but choosing them is still up in the air because I feel people are afraid of history repeating itself. We need a mod team that actually listen to people, and are willing to help solve their problems. We need people who've had GM experience before to some degree, and are level-headed and reliable when things need to get done. We can spend an eternity discussing how to do it. Action is required now, and if that's some impromptu election then let there be one. Things have already started to stagnate a bit as it is...

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #103
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Time for my response, I'll keep it short and to the point as I feel I've made my opinion known already as far as the points go that I have a strong opinion about.

Zones and Updates:
This all looks good to me.

Distribution and Balance of Power:
I agree with all the things said about members, ZA's and SO's. About the whole moderator thing I'm not going to repeat my opinion on that, but with how the proposal is written at the moment I can live with it. I'm happy to see a bottom-up approach throughout the power structure and that's what I want to see more than anything.

Economy:
Rare Candies no longer a currency is a good thing. Just coins and cash is enough indeed. And what's written about cash is fine.

Now coins: I disagree that the untradeable nature, I think thye should be able to be traded just like anything else, especially if they're also made harder to obtain (harder as in more effort I suppose, rather than even less frequent?).

Alternatively, if coins are indeed made untradeable, there should absolutely be an exchange rate between cash and coins. Because if not, progress in obtaining any currency will entirely depend upon the speed in which updates are received for whichever form of obtainment is chosen.

Pokemon:
Wishlist idea, the new AC, Breeding, Event Eggs, I'm in favor of all of those.
The Egg Zone, not so much. I'm not favor of all those mini-zones in general (including the already existing Evolution Zone and the proposed Coin Zone) because it makes things last unnecessary long that really don't have to take that long. There will be a enough need for people for all the regular zones and shops and other positions already, and I for one think we should focus the manpower on that first before we even start think about adding zones like this. If RP effort is the problem, I would suggest a single post RP Challenge rather than a complete zone, no matter how "short" the adventure may be.

The Daycare as proposed sounds good to me. One thing though, what's wrong with power-leveling? Restrictions to avoid abuse is good, but if people want to power their Pokémon to level 100 as fast as possible, let them.

As for moves, I am not much in favor of letting Pokémon learn every move in existence, but I can see the fun of it too. So if there are some restrictions, and also a not too high limit on how many unnatural moves a Pokémon can learn I'm for it.

Items and Shops:
Sounds good as written.

Bases:
Totally in favor of everything. Easily accessible and cheap bases is good for everyone. And I might have to use my Photoshop "skills" again too XD
Old 04-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #104
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Aegislash

We have a lot of ideas on the table, including the FB proposal from Discord. I think, at this point, we can more or less say that anyone who has been following the thread should have a fairly accurate representation of the community's ideas and concerns.

I propose that individuals who are interested in becoming FB moderators should post, either in this thread or in a new one designated for this purpose, confirming their interest in running for the position. In this post, they should answer four questions (obviously up for debate as to whether these four are the ones we want to ask):

1) As a moderator, how do you intend to address the ideas and concerns of the community?

2) What is your short-term plan as a Fizzy Bubbles moderator? If you were modded tomorrow, what would your plan be for the week ahead?

3) What is your long-term plan as a Fizzy Bubbles moderator? How do you want the RP to look in a year's time?

4) What is your strategy for dealing with community conflict and "problem members"?

We can move from there based on these answers.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #105
Sneaze
Mrow?

So while I 100% agree we need to have this discussion now that things have somewhat stagnated and because we will likely need mods to properly organize ideas beyond the base that we have already set up, I do also agree that it should be its own thread for discussion as we shouldn't eclipse the remaining points of discussion on the current proposal here.

That said we still need to work on... actually properly organizing how we deal with discussions from here on out so we don't get duplicate threads again.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #106
Heather
Naga's Voice

So Let me just drop a short blurb after ive skimmed the proposal:

Bases (because this is important to my character): I like the idea of having a starting base for people, but I mostly have two questions that whoever was thinking of this could probably answer for me: 1, are we allowed to design the layout of said Base (within reason) and 2, you say the Base Shop will be cash operated, I would assume this means Poke Dollars as opposed to coins, but an explicit word on this would be good.

the bigger question now is who will make base maps like mm has lmao

Wishlist: Love this idea. I know some older folks would have loved it back in the days when i just occasionally peeked in this forum for fun (here's looking at Talon's multi-year pursuit of smoochum). The idea of having a better shot at pinning down a Pokemon that's been evading you is a good one in my opinion.

Egg Zone: I'm kinda iffy on this, but I can't make an argument one way or the other.
I'm just torn between an opinion like Esca's and not wanting eggs to just be "gacha like before, but a bit more restricted."

The rest I'm either good with or didn't have the time to get a good look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #107
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I think the division of PokeDollar and Coins need be a bit better defined. I understand PokeDollars are for shop usage, but Coins being used for luxury items is very vague. In MMOs and other transaction games, luxury items tend to be skins or something that expands the player's storage or breaking restrictions, but FB doesn't really have those types of things currently. I guess TMs being unlocked from in-game restriction (like older FB TMs) could make them more luxurious. What about Evolution Items? Those are currently Coin items, but should evolution be a luxury or a normal purchase item from shops? Will Daycare start charging per level? Will there be a Cable Club transaction fee? Will future Storage additions require Coin payment for expansion?

Also, I do think Daycare and Weekly Rare Candy Monday overlap each other too much. The downside of your Pokemon being held for a week is almost never a detriment, even when updates were fast and plentiful, and it takes away from Rare Candy's usage, causing them to be stocked up.

Demonetization of Rare Candy also isn't going to be as easy as it just making it not a currency in Shops. Remember, Rare Candy originally only gained value in the Cable Club, not anywhere else. If it can be traded, it will still hold a lot of value in people's eyes. And with Daycare, it has little reason to be fed to Pokemon and will continue to be stockpiled again. Remember, money has value because we believe it has value, not because of rarity or preciousness.

I also want to bring up that the various forms of PVP might be a bad idea. I understand players might want to face off or do some kind of Gym Battle and claim a title or something, but considering one of the biggest problems in Fizzy Bubbles is the lack of updates in zones, things like PVP and Gym Battles might take away from updates that could be otherwise used in a zone. Maybe outsource some of it to the ASB as exhibition matches...?

There's currently no discussion about incentivizing players to become updaters. Is there already a rewards program in place? There is talk of disciplinary action, and yet none on rewards. I still remember a very short lived discussion about punishing people who didn't update when I was still in modship and it didn't help anything.

The blanket 2-3 zone limit feels silly. This limit should be put into place after you've decided on how many zones there will be and which zones. If you only end up implementing 3 zones, it's a dumb thing to even bring up the idea. And since FB is just restarting, would you really implement all that many?

Also, can the word Updatee stop being used? Not only is it not a real word, but it also makes a player that goes into the zones sound like a burden. Call them adventurers, call them trainers, call them explorers or players. Anything is better than a sterile term like updatee.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #108
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I don't know if it is going to be a thing but I remember an idea being kicked around for the PvP zones that we could allow ASB members to join with their squads for the funzies, to increase member camaraderie between the two subforums.
It could be a thing to work with them for~

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #109
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Candies, in fairness, we also used for shops and if I remember correctly had some other purpose but I can't recall so it probably didn't exist. Shop value was part of it (this was mostly gotten rid of but the Move Tutor still uses them), but trading value was also part of it. Granted, this is something we really can't get rid off other than completely barring candies to be traded. They're always going to have value, just like other things, such as evolution stones and TMs. Removing the weekly Rare Candy would only further increase the value, so its not the smartest idea there either.

We do have an updator rewards system actually in place from Tess FB, but I think the specifics of that as well as the specifics of what we want to buy with coins should be discussed later. There is a lot of smaller, more technical stuff that I think we should have a mod for in order to focus discussion.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #110
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Mega Dunsparce

I personally dislike Daycare more than Monday Candies. If Daycare charged Pokedollars and got more expensive at higher levels, it might be more fair. As is it's a bit too 'shop taking away from zones' powerful for my liking.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #111
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I personally dislike Daycare more than Monday Candies. If Daycare charged Pokedollars and got more expensive at higher levels, it might be more fair. As is it's a bit too 'shop taking away from zones' powerful for my liking.
The only reason I disagree with this is because my read on how people view zones nowadays is more about acquiring Pokemon than levels - and given that we're moving towards a more cooperative than competitive theme in RP, I would argue that levels don't really mean much anyway (other than permitting evolution and for the bragging rights of getting a Pokemon to max level).

Currency in general needs a lot more work, though, I agree. Also, the use of updatee is totally my fault - blame the fact that I now do financial and government writing as part of how I make a living. Sterile language is what I do for the better part of my day, so... bleedover unfortunately happens.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #112
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Levels don't really mean much anyway (other than permitting evolution and for the bragging rights of getting a Pokemon to max level).
For what it's worth, my personal approach to levels has never been much about either of these two things. What it has been about has been these three things: PC slots, Trainer Battle trophies, and moves with which to RP.

PC slots
Back when PC slots was a thing (pre-2011/2012/whenever that was), it was important to get your Pokémon to Level 100 ASAP. So I worked towards that, like most FBers of the day. I took a detour when Loki ran an adventure which stipulated ownership of no fewer than four Level 25s or some such (which is why my four highest leveled Pokémon are all Lv.50 or higher -- because they were all a part of this campaign), but aside from this one detour, I dutifully worked towards getting my starter to Level 100 as soon as possible.

When PC slots were made infinite, the need to get anyone to Level 100 vanished. I could now spread out my levels more evenly. And I needn't push anyone farther than I was comfortable with.

When PC slots were brought back in the form of 44 free PC slots plus six team slots (totaling 50 free Pokémon slots), I continued to feel no pressure to uplevel to 100. For me, unlike many other members, it was not a struggle to stay below 50. Even now, I have a host of Pokemon on my near-50 squad I could release at any second but am only holding onto in case someone else wants them. I only release on an as-need basis. Don't like being wasteful. But if it's about strict numbers, I think I only have around 35 or so Pokémon on my squad that are perma-keepers. I'm far from hitting 50. No pressure to unlock new slots for me.

Trainer Battle trophies
This is why levels matter to me but in a sort of perverse or backwards way of most people -- because for me, Trainer Battles mean that I want to not level up that much. I want to spread out my levels. I want to stay below 25 for as long as possible. And that's because, I fell into the trap of being obsessive about my Pokémon not missing out on any checkmarks -- and getting one each of the four Trainer Battle trophies represents four checkmarks for every Pokémon in FB. It's not so much that I wanted or needed the four boxes checked for every Pokémon on my team -- rather, it's that I didn't want to be permanently denied the option. Which is something that of course will happen to you if you decide to level your Pokémon up to 26, 51, or 76 before getting the respective three lower-leveled trophies.

This obsession is why you'll see that so many of my Pokémon are hovering in the low-to-mid 20s. It's because I've had no shortage of time and opportunities to get their levels up, but at the same time I don't want most of them going above 25 before they do their first Trainer Battle. Irrelevant now, as it sounds like UPN FB will be scrapping Trainer Battles entirely. This is ultimately a victory for me, as I didn't like being level suffocated but was doing it simply because I even more dislike being told "You can never have that. Sorry. You missed your chance." I hate it when it happens in video games (e.g. "There's a hidden character in this game!" says Squaresoft "but oh, sorry! You missed your chance to have her join your team!" ARGH! )

Moves with which to RP
This is the real deal. This is my real bread and butter. Once you take away distractions like PC slots ("GOTTA GET TO 100!") or Trainer Battle trophies ("GOTTA STAY BELOW 25!"), this is really the only thing I care about and my main motivator for up-leveling in FB:

GETTING ACCESS TO MOVES WITH WHICH TO HAVE FUN.

It's that simple. I up-level in FB in order to RP with my Pokémon. (Even though I hardly ever do so.) For all that a moveset like Yuuko's might intimidate an updater:
Growl, Psywave, Sleep Talk, Spite, Astonish, Nasty Plot, Icy Wind, Destiny Bond, Imprison, Screech, Confuse Ray, Curse, Thunderbolt, Snatch, Skill Swap, Mimic, Trick, Mean Look, Heal Bell, Rest, Ominous Wind, Shadow Sneak, Wonder Room, Sucker Punch, Hex, Psybeam, Pain Split, Payback, Shadow Ball, Foul Play, Psych Up, Perish Song, Flash, Captivate, Telekinesis, Me First, Memento
a moveset like my Emolga's is pretty typical of my team and representative of my up-leveling ideal:
Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Charge, Spark, Nuzzle, Pursuit, Double Team, Cut, Helping Hand, Tailwind
Enough moves to have fun with. Moves that do different things. Some are good for battles, others are better for interacting with the environment.

I have few examples to show on my current team because either the movepools are too large or else they're small but too tailored for trainer battles. But if trainer battles were never a thing, then I can assure you that you'd probably be seeing a lot less type coverage on my creatures and much more environment control and interaction.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #113
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
For what it's worth, my personal approach to levels has never been much about either of these two things. What it has been about has been these three things: PC slots, Trainer Battle trophies, and moves with which to RP.
All fair points, which I hadn't previously considered. PC slots and Trainer Battles are still concepts which seem to be up in the air, but their role in incentivizing leveling should be seriously considered during the restructuring - and RP, of course, is always an important motivator.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #114
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Would it be prudent to retain the current 6-in-party-plus-44-slots-for-50 team spaces, but to allow for extra slots to be unlocked after finishing an adventure? The way I see it is that as your characters progress and develop, their renown would spread and reach the ears of the professory types, who would grant said trainer increased PC privileges given that the trainer has proven themselves capable of caring and training their team. Just a thought, where a finished adventure, depending on length, would give, say, 3 slots for a short, and 10 for an extended adventure. Middle-road would provide a classic 6 slots.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #115
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Can I propose that the whole "shops make Pokémon unusable" thing be scrapped? It just discourages RP and is totally counterproductive.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #116
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Can I propose that the whole "shops make Pokémon unusable" thing be scrapped? It just discourages RP and is totally counterproductive.
^

All my ^'s. I really can't do anything except to agree with this emphatically.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #117
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I third this motion, god this was an annoying rule.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #118
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Yeah that was just dumb. Completely agree.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #119
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I fifth that motion. I've had Pokémon stuck more times than I like...

Also, PC slots should be killed, and Trainer Battles should stay :x
Old 04-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #120
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I haven’t responded to this in a while so apologies that I’m going through a few things at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
[color=#BEA3D2]Believe me when I tell you that I believe in flexibility for updatees. However, to put it bluntly, for the sake of the RP's survival, we need our updaters to adhere to some sort of story schedule and update limit for our newer members and for those members who are looking to expand their parties. I don't necessarily want to imply that the update limits I suggested should be hard rules that mods would come down on. THAT SAID... I do think it's time that updaters start actively working on controlling and managing story length for the sake of keeping FB alive and moving.

In some ways, it could be argued that the distinction between "normal" and "extended" should be more vague and pliable than the distinction between "quick" and "normal". A longer adventure is going to be more complex and have more potential for revisions/changes/adaptations than a shorter adventure (an adventure that was originally designed for 20+ updates could conceivably end in 15 given a drastic updatee choice, for example.) I can certainly see that argument for why the distinction between normal and extended shouldn't be as clear-cut.

I do wonder if we want to have resources for updaters - perhaps even a hidden forum where updaters can give and receive feedback - as a way to help ensure that stories wrap up in a timely manner when they need to.
I do agree that there should be some responsibility expected from the updaters about this. The idea definitely gives both the player and updater an idea of what each expects from the adventure. My concern was mostly raised with the fact that some (especially those new to updating) might not be nearly as effective, and that it should be expected from the ZAs (I guess) that they watch out for this as well and guide them. Again; I definitely like the idea.

-----

>Trading currency
I do actually prefer the idea of only keeping one currency as a trading tool between members while making the other more character-earned.

>Exchanging currency
I hadn’t paid much thought to the issue when it was raised on Discord, but going off of the fact that coins are earned by things other than zone replies means we have no direct plan in place yet to ear coins – as most of these out-of-zone events will be put on hold until everything settles. A one-way exchange seems fair to me, though as MM and GS said before me; at a cost. You spend Pokédollars but get a slightly lesser value of coins in exchange.

>Move Tutor
I’m personally still in favour of price-dependent limitation on earning moves instead of a time-dependent limitation. More a personal matter; I just don’t like having to continuously wait week after week – I prefer being able to get what I want after waiting one long period of time and then getting it all in one go. Pretty much like how TMs are taught now. But this isn’t a hot topic for me.

>SoaT
The way I see the SoaT is that it’s a place where you spend one item to get another item – much easier to just get that last item in the first place. In agreement though that if we keep the shard-to-stone transfer that we change the quest for it.

>Bases
I’m all for the starting bases and the cheaper prices. Just wondering how current bases will be affected and whether we would still have locations/real estate.

>PC slots
My preference was to have a (drastically) lower amount of PC slots but a higher output of PC slot obtainment. Basically by achieving milestones for the player, their Pokémon or their adventures (which most have more than a few of by now). But if we’re going to sharpen the rules on obtaining new Pokémon then limiting PC slots would be almost unnecessary as others have stated.

>Egg zone and other minizones
I’ve already given my piece about this. I agree with Escalion that I don’t like the idea of all these minizones, but for different reasons. I just don’t like having all these zones where players have to RP but they’re all working towards obtaining one set reward; Hidden Abilities, location-dependent evolutions, hatching eggs. I want to hook in here on Escalion’s idea of a ‘RP challenge’ – something that would require writing but is a bit different than roleplaying. Stealing the idea off of Marion’s old ‘RPG Prompt Thread’ as well. Using eggs as an example.

After a person obtained an egg, they go to the nursery to obtain a RP challenge. The challenge in this case would have the player fulfil a small list of criteria or a roleplay situation. So for instance it could be ”imagine your character and your Pokémon came across this situation – how would you handle it?” and/or ”try to use these words in your passage.” The player would then be challenged on writing something that’s more specific to moulding their character- how they would act or attempt to overcome an obstacle. Kind of like a Visionary Glade or Base post but a situation has been provided as a challenge. It would give players a chance to try and flesh out their characters more I believe.

>Demonetizing Rare Candies
All that’s being done I believe is stopping them from being used as currency in shops. Rare Candies will still hold the value that players give to it and use for trades – that was expected I believe.

>Updator rewards
We haven’t reached that topic yet.

>Zone limitation
2-3 was an example, not a hard rule.

>Updatee
My fault as well. I use player, member, character and updatee interchangeably.

>Shop Pokémon used in zones
In agreement. It was annoying to have to keep track off and I don’t believe anyone was really monitoring this anyway. And yes to removing the whole party/PC slot balance. Just make it simple; a player can only have six party Pokémon in a zone at a time, and you don't have to use the same six Pokémon in every zone.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 04-16-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #121
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
I fifth that motion. I've had Pokémon stuck more times than I like...

Also, PC slots should be killed, and Trainer Battles should stay :x
I'd like to make known my emphatic agreement with all of this.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #122
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Re: EAI's proposal on how to change mini zones.

Honestly that actually sounds more like a chore than anything else to me. There really isnt a problem with the mini-zones and it allows people a way to quickly rp and do small developments without having to ponder on how to fulfill the prompt. The "for one goal" arguement is flimsy as well since I know a lot of people go to zones with the goal of capturing a Pokemon in mind while having a longer, fleshed out adventure. But regardless, these "RP Challenges" sound pretty tedious to do and just feels like an immediate turn off.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #123
Connor
Flashbacker

The primary argument against mini-zones is still the necessity of redirecting updater labour into updating the adventures. No matter how short they are this will be considerable because of the number of people who will be in these zones at a time, even if you use restrictive measures on how often people can adventure there. Unless you answer the updater drain issue that mini-zones create I really do not think they should be implemented in a proper fashion. It is all well and dandy saying "well I'll just update it myself" in Discord but being entirely blunt there are very few people on the forums who would handle that kind of burdern when it is forced upon them, never mind voluntarily.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #124
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Apologies for the double post, but what I'm about to suggest was discussed in Discord as a proposal for the FFAZ, in a manner that anyone can update anyone, but with a theme to fit.

Ahem.

BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

Goldenridge City was founded over two hundred years ago as a result of the discovery of gold and other valuable minerals nearby. Over time the prosperous mountainside grew and developed, run by the Goldenridge Council, a quintet of like-minded individuals who sought to expand and grow the city with the riches within the open quarry mine. All was well and good, and the city seemed poised to become a central hub of trade within the region.

Alas, all good things come to an end, and the talons of Mammon would touch the hearts of the council. Debates on the use of the wealth soon led to infighting, and inevitably the scuffle led to three of the five laying in a pool of their own life oil. The surviving two fled to their own wards in Goldenridge, and the vacuum of power was never filled. Without the council to direct the laws of the land, the city descended into anarchy and riot.

The citizens who never fled found themselves trapped in the midst of a great turf war between two main factions: The Shells, outcasts of a sector of Team Rocket who reneged on the criminal group to strike out on their own, headed by Marquis Rigel von Argentus, one of the two surviving council members who bloodied his hands on his fellow peers. The Ribs, common thugs who revelled in the sudden turmoil and turned to hooliganism and looting, building their own fortunes off of others, commanded by a female known only as Piper.

The Goldenridge Marshals are the struggling police force trying to bring both the Shells and Ribs down, and restore order to the city under the orders of Lieutenant Kyle Vicefeder, who made the grisly discovery of the fall of the council. Elsewhere, the local population struggle with life under the chaos, be it theft from the Ribs, extortion and conscription from the Shells or trouble from other menial crooks seeking profit and fun in the decaying city now known only as Bedlam Ridge.

Will you be the one to join the fight against the gangs, or will the temptation of culture sway you to try and contribute to the conquest of the city by the Shells or Ribs? Or perhaps you may simply want to try and find fortune wherever it may be, one thing is for certain: You'll be in for the ride of your life, here in Bedlam Ridge.

Areas:

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.

Crystal Grove (Neutral): The upper-class section of the city has escaped most of the havoc that has plagued the others, due to its relative proximity to the Marshal's headquarters to the north-east. However, the southern end has seen some raids by the Shells, and the nobles have been troubled by their increased activity, and would be willing to allow those they deem worthy to help put an end to the rabble. The grove's natural plantlife and suburban gardens seem to attract forest pokemon more often than other sections. Reply in Magenta.

Crimson Sanctum (Shells): The once tranquil and revered Chalice Sanctum was conquered by the Shells when chaos erupted, and the cathedral sector is now under their iron grip. Located to the south-west, the expansive building complex is now a stronghold of the group, who seek to swoop into the vacuum of power and place their leader as undisputed Grand Duke of Goldenridge, at any cost. Their ruthless nature and determination means trouble for those who would cross them, but for those who wish to make something out of their deeds would be rewarded well. The link to the old Rockets means that some of the more dubious pokemon hang around the sanctum. Reply in Scarlet.

Bedlam Quarry (Neutral): Hotly contested by both the Marshals and the Ribs, the Goldenridge Quarry is the source of the gold and minerals that gave life to the town, and as such is highly valued as a source of funding for all groups. Found in the north-east, the open-cast mine goes deep into the mountainside, and there are still riches to be found as long as one is careful given the turmoil within. The miners have since fled, with only the foolhardiest and toughest remaining to maintain the machinery and extract minerals. The mountainous terrain is a haven to pokemon who enjoy the rocky locale, and there have been sightings of greedy pokemon too. Reply in Beige.

The Ribcage Mall (Ribs): To the south-east, the once-gloroius shopping district has all but collapsed into a hoodlum's haven of cracked windows, spray paint and the very home of the rebellious Ribs. Many of the stores have been long ransacked and looted, and the very air around the location is one of unease, with each corner potentially hiding a thug ready to leap out and rob you in broad daylight. The Ribs care not for domination and running the city, but rather see it as their playground and wish to expand into other locations, at the behest of their boss. Those who wish to try the life of a street gangster would do well to check the area out as they are always welcoming to new members, though crossing them will leave you in a sticky situation. Despite the state of the place, many urban pokemon have made the mall their home, enjoying the organised medley of craziness. Reply in Cyan.

Shanty Heights (Neutral): As with any city, upper and lower class are divided, and to the unfortunates of the Shiny Heights sector to the south, the Shells and Ribs have made the location their battleground. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, the people of the christened Shanty Heights struggle through life, trapped on all sides with their lives and livelihoods at stake, whether it be from the ruthless Shells or the rascally Ribs. What they do possess is companionship, and a yearning to flee the city as refugees, and will be willing to give whatever it takes to ensure their freedom from the bedlam. The pokemon who call Shanty Heights home are those who possess what the people do not: Freedom of movement and little worry for the battles around them. Reply in Violet.

The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams (Neutral): The centrepiece of the city located fittingly in the middle, the Bastion of Dreams was the main government building, stretching into the skies, and where the Goldenridge Council met their bloody end. The enormous structure yet stands, but no side dares to contest for the obvious vantage for fear of what lies within. Legends state that the building was constructed above and around a shrine to a creature of unknown origin said to sway the minds of those who happened upon it. As a result, it is largely abandoned, and many of the valuable documents within are up for grabs, though rumours have it that the final survivor of the council resides within, watching the world crumble around her, with an enigmatic force keeping her safe. Even the deities know not what pokemon are brave enough to reside within, but one thing is certain: those who have ventured in...have never emerged again. Reply in Dark Green.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #125
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
>Raves
I haven't read all the individual zones yet but I like the basic concept as it's written right now.
Two things I want to add:
1) Add a guideline that updaters shouldn't pick up another player if there are other updaters still in need of having an updatee. I'm anticipating that a lot of people might want to update and we might get close to a 1:1 ratio of updaters to players. It'd be fair if everyone was given someone to update.
2) Perhaps add the clause that like in the FFAZ, updaters should post to indicate they're picking someone up. This just to avoid having five people write five different replies to one updater and having them fight over it later.

For anyone not on Discord. There was discussion held about having a temporary zone so that players may roleplay whilst we wait for FB to pick itself up again. Similar to the FFAZ it's supposed to be a bit more free in terms of who can pick up an updatee. Right now the idea is that anyone previously approved as an updator can update players in this zone. Members who are not yet an updator can fill in a simple application form (that's being made as we speak). If a certain number of people approve the application the member may update in this zone as well.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 04-16-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development