UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 03-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Eevee Abilities

Given the recent launch of the Dream World zone, I imagine a lot of people will want to discuss topics like the first couple I'll be leading off with. But please feel free to use this thread to discuss anything at all related to Abilities that you're eager to chat about.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Q1. If you could go to the Dream World, which is your No.1 Hidden Ability you'd like on your team and why?

Q2. How many Hidden Abilities do you "have to" (want to) unlock on your current team? Which ones? For whom?

Q3. Are you more excited to use the Dream World for making new friends who have Hidden Abilities, for having a grand old time with an old friend who will discover an ability he/she never knew he/she had before, or are you equally excited for both?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
For one I need a better BMG skin that doesn't make the writing there look eye-bleedingle hard to see. For another aaaaaargh bmg zones I hate that stuck up shitpit.

I'm not quite in the mood to answer the questions since hidden abilities ain't really of interest to me, though granted Shadow Tag on my Gothorita does seem a nifty idea.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Given the recent launch of the Dream World zone, I imagine a lot of people will want to discuss topics like the first couple I'll be leading off with. But please feel free to use this thread to discuss anything at all related to Abilities that you're eager to chat about.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Q1. If you could go to the Dream World, which is your No.1 Hidden Ability you'd like on your team and why?

Q2. How many Hidden Abilities do you "have to" (want to) unlock on your current team? Which ones? For whom?

Q3. Are you more excited to use the Dream World for making new friends who have Hidden Abilities, for having a grand old time with an old friend who will discover an ability he/she never knew he/she had before, or are you equally excited for both?
I'm not just excited about this; I'm happy that the Development Thread partially helped bring this to life. I take it as a great sign of things going forward

To answer the questions briefly (although I don't know when I'll get to journey there myself):

Q1: Solair's Gale Wings. It's so far unique to the Fletchling line and one of my top favourite Pokemon deserves to stand out from the rest of its kin that will eventually arrive in FB!

Q2: Solair the Fletchinder's Gale Wings and Katsune the Vulpix's Drought. Everyone else would simply be getting an upgrade, but these two make RP sense on top of it - the first as the ultimate turnaround after having his wings pierced and rendered useless, the latter as the guardian of Eld the Volcarona from Levin's ongoing story arc.

Q3: Equally excited, as both are ripe with RP potential.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
1) Maybe Liessa the Goomy getting Gooey. Because... well come on it's in the bloody name.

2) On my current team, ones that come to mind are Numel (Own Tempo, which becomes Anger Point on Camerupt), since YB is a moody git, Goldeen (Lightning Rod) since I think Verence would love to show up some Electric-types that try frying him, Wooper (Unaware) because Twoflower is the most clueless thing ever, Glameow (Keen Eye, which becomes Defiant on Purugly) because Greebo doesn't really miss anything or take any shit, Huntail (Water Veil) as Moist is a bit of a trickster, Shuppet (Cursed Body) because of the sheer RP potential of Ysabell firing off curses, Qwilfish (Intimidate) because Carcer is a psychotic bastard, Purrloin (Prankster) for obvious reasons if you know Maurice, Goomy (Gooey) because it's kind of a signature ability for the species and Liessa would like it, Wingull (Rain Dish) ...simply because it's more useful than Keen Eye and Totodile (Sheer Force) as I'd imagine Kara would appreciate the brutish power boost it would grant.

Not that any of these are must-haves, just what comes to mind from a scan down the available Hidden Abilities.

3) Making new friends is always great, and it would make up for me dropping out of the Dream World event first time around, but I'd be more than happy to do some character building with a current team member and maybe earn them their Hidden Ability.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari
Spoiler: show

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

1: It was actually a toss-up between Salazar (Scolipede) getting Speed Boost and Stewie (Shadow Ledian) getting Iron Fist. The former because, let's be honest, Speed Boost is friggin' awesome, and the latter because Stewie's goal is to rule the world with an iron fist, so actually having Iron Fist just seems fitting. Also, he gets a lot of punching moves and would love making full use of the Ability's boost.

2: Besides the two I mentioned above, there's Infiltrator for Hedwig (Crobat), Simple for Luna (Swoobat), Regenerator for Six (Amoonguss), Sand Veil for Rubeus (Stunfisk), and Moody for Chromium (Smeargle), off the top of my head. Oh, and maybe Adaptability for my future Skrelp.

3: Hmm... a little more for gaining Hidden Abilities for my existing Pokémon, though I definitely love the possibility of making a new friend that has its Hidden Ability.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Man, I'm actually really pumped for this I dunno when I'll have the time to post there, but I'll see if I can at some point this year As for the questions...
  1. I would have to go with my Espeon Himiko with Magic Bounce. The ability fits her personality (elegant) and her name's inspiration, not to mention that the ability itself is friggin' sweet.
  2. After going through my current team, I would say that I have 10-11 Pokémon I would like them to learn their hidden ability:
    • My Espeon Himiko for Magic Bounce: See the above.
    • My Shuppet Omenya for Cursed Body: Mostly because the other abilities suck ^^; Feels better for a Shuppet, too.
    • My Natu Spi with Magic Bounce: Again, sweet ability is sweet, plus fits more Spi's personality of being a lazy fighter.
    • My Staravia with Reckless: Well he's reckless, so why not having the ability with the same name? :P Plus with his fighting style that prefers power over his own health, it just fits right into this.
    • My Sigilyph Ramirez with Tinted Lens: He's more offence than defense, and his normal abilities are pretty defensive so...
    • My Ponyta Rosie and/or Shadowmere with Flame Body: Well I find the ability more useful in general than the other normal ones so... but I'm not 100% sure at the moment if I want to do a switch or not. They're the ones to blame for my vague number of Pokémon :P
    • My male Ralts Eliwood with Telepathy/Justified when Gallade: Again, find it more useful than the other ability, and fits more his not-as-speedy-but-hits-hard type.
    • My Minun Melissa with Volt Absorb: I don't plan having a Pokémon with Minus, so I see it more useful to have the other ability! ^^;
    • My Chikorita Casey with Leaf Guard: This is SO much more fitting for him, who is a protective/healing type of guy.
    • My Sewaddle Claude with Overcoat: I don't see him as either a speedy or offensive type, nut him defensive with a coat, that he probably made himself? Full of yes :3
  3. Why not both? :3 Whenever I'll have the time, I'm gonna definitely go in the Spooky Manor. I dunno how FB-Okiku would like that though ^^;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

D'oh! Knew I missed one- I'd want to change Myrtle's (Banette) Ability from Insomnia to Cursed Body. Disabling an attack used against it just seems to me like the kind of Ability suitable for the deceased spirit of a Missingno., IMO. Though how would one RP entering the Dream World with a Pokémon whose Ability is Insomnia? It entails falling asleep, which Insomnia kinda, y'know, prevents.

In other news, with the confirmation of my Dream Dust purchase, I made my intro post in the Dream World! Looking forward to this.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #8
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ I'm sure I'm missing some, but off the top of my head, Simple Woobat and Iron Fist Ledian (he's evolving soon). OMG...I almost forgot Protean Froakie!

~ 3 for sure (see #1). I'm fairly certain I want to unlock about a dozen total. I can expand on this later.

~ I'm going to mix between get an existing teammate their HA and get a new teammate.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I was, at first, considering going for the Nidoran♀ I encountered in the Dream World... but now that I have Rowena, now that I have her personality worked out and all, I'm kinda glad I didn't get the chance to go for the one in the Dream World before I got the one I have. Nidoqueen's Hidden Ability is Sheer Force, only Rowena's gonna prefer a more disruptive battling style- she'll prefer status moves, like Reflect, Toxic, and Stealth Rock, hence the TMs I'm buying in Coins for Prizes and the Pokémart (the other Stealth Rock TM is for Vinny). An Ability that foregoes side effects to increase attack power, that just seems a bit contradictory on a Pokémon like that, I guess.

Also, I have another topic: Have you ever relied on a Pokémon's Ability for a strategy or plan or something in a zone?

I have, several times. Many of them within my current Cascadia adventure, in fact. One could argue I've taken advantage of Gemini and Mustard's Levitate by using them as emergency transportation over a lake of lava. As for more concrete examples- when I was facing a pair of Magmar, back when I still had my Tauros, I had Keith use his Pokédex to scan the pack of Heatmor that he was defending from aforementioned Magmar in order to find out which ones had which Abilities, and then had my Tauros use Role Play on the one with Flash Fire, to give him an edge in the battle. Worked pretty well, too. And more recently, when Helga went up against that giant Magmortar- I had my strategy planned from the start, and it started with trying to trigger Helga's Guts by using Arm Thrust against Magmortar. As I was anticipating, Arm Thrust triggered Flame Body, which in turn triggered Guts.

(nicknames: Rowena=Nidoran♀; Vinny=Numel; Gemini=Weezing; Mustard=Weezing's second head; Helga=Hariyama)
Old 05-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With my Dream World adventure concluded, Stewie has gained his Hidden Ability of Iron Fist!

(nicknames: Stewie=Shadow Ledian)
Old 05-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #11
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
So does that mean his plans of world domination...pack a punch?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
So does that mean his plans of world domination...pack a punch?
*rimshot*

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #13
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
*bump*

Quote:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Since I'm back I've really been thinking a lot about this, and I've completed my list of Hidden Abilities that I want a while back now, so figured I might as well share it here by answering these questions.

The first Pokémon I'll take to the Dream World when I get writing an intro will be Rose, my Kirlia, so I can get her Telepathy ability. This is purely for RP reasons, because since I RP Rose to be mute this is the perfect way to open up new ways of communications for her to explore and learn about. Also, since her background story as Rowan's starter is too complex to ever figure out with her current tools of communicating, I feel it will help deepen their bond too and push Rowan further is his vow to find out what happened to her and to find and take action against those responsible.
And thinking about it, given how I prefer to use her in battle, Telepathy will be just as useful as Trace, perhaps even more.

Besides Rose, I want to get Sand Force for one my Roggenrola, most likely Quad, this just because I want to have different abilities for my Roggenrola and because I feel Sturdy is not nearly as useful in Trainer Battles as it is in the games.
I also want to get Infiltrator for my Seviper, Zwart. This because it fits in better with the assassin thing I have for him. And lastly I'm thinking about getting Sheer Force for Behemoth, my Steelix.

Old friends to discover new abilities. I'm also not exactly planning on using the option to "dream" about up to three Pokémon. I don't want to be tempted when I'm on a mission XD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out