UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #5276
deoxys
Fog Badge

I think at this point you need to try contacting them (if you haven't already). Unfortunately this form was all I could find - http://support.photobucket.com/anonymous_requests/new

Perhaps a customer support rep can tell you the source of the traffic and offer advice on what to do.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #5277
deoxys
Fog Badge

Fall anime season lineup

Disappointment.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #5278
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
The thumbnail they have for Pokémon is inaccurate. It's the poster for Decolora Adventure, the current story arc.

Galilei Donna is impossible to tell much about from that short blurb. Could be crap, could be gold. Who knows. The same can be said for Nagi no Asukara, Golden Time,

Outbreak Company is the one we were all laughing about a few months back. Will definitely want to check out at least the first episode just to see how terrible it is.

Yeah, not gonna lie: Fall 2013 looks ridiculously weak. Guess I'd better hope that Rozen Maiden and Silver Spoon are 26'ers and not 13'ers then.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #5279
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Holy weak fucking fall lineup. There's not even 1 show I'm even remotely interested in. I mean, I might check out Blazblue, since I played the game, but I'm just checking it out in obligation. The story sucked afterall.

Hopefully something will surprise me.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #5280
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

New shows!

Servant X Service
Episode 2 wasn't bad. It was a bit of a step down from episode 1, but only a small one. The new girl, while being a generic tsundere, was entertaining. I liked the constant anger vein on her.

Love Lab
I liked episode 2 of this. It's still as cute and funny as episode 1 was. Also I loved this scene. I'm really worried about this show becoming unfunny, especially since it's my favorite show so far.

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA
I'm guessing this takes place in a world the holy grail war didn't take place? Surprisingly, I liked the first episode quite a bit. This was a humorous take on the magical girl genre with characters I'm familiar with. Though I'm sure if you take this too seriously, you'll hate it. *cough cough* I look forward to continuing with this.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #5281
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Genshiken Nidaime: I've only just watched the opening scene of Episode 02 followed by the first time they've shown us the OP (visually; we heard the song last time), and ...

(safe to click if you never plan to watch or if you're through Episode 01)
Spoiler: show
this is the ultimate trap OP. Oh my lord. Wish I could share it with you guys, but King Records has a pretty robust filter on YouTube preventing them from being uploaded, it looks like. But man, Maria†Holic's got nothing on Genshiken Nidaime. Good fucking Christ on a cheesestick dipped in marinara sauce is {spoiler} hot. CRIMINALLY so. Which just makes it that much more hysterical that she's actually a he.

(continued to watch the episode before posting)

Also, Yuki, the new members filled out some info cards saying what their favorite anime series were, and my favorite character of the bunch had this list:
  • DuARaRa!!
  • Evangeliwon Theatrical Edition
  • Hetarira
  • Winter Wars
  • Fuyume Yuujinchou
  • Sweets Basket
  • Tsukutsuku Houshi no Naku Koro ni
and more. But yeah. Notice anything in there? This means you should automatically love this character too and want to watch this show. *nod nod* [/daisy]
Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #5282
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Genshiken Nidaime: I've only just watched the opening scene of Episode 02 followed by the first time they've shown us the OP (visually; we heard the song last time), and ...

(safe to click if you never plan to watch or if you're through Episode 01)
this is the ultimate trap OP. Oh my lord. Wish I could share it with you guys, but King Records has a pretty robust filter on YouTube preventing them from being uploaded, it looks like. But man, Maria†Holic's got nothing on Genshiken Nidaime. Good fucking Christ on a cheesestick dipped in marinara sauce is {spoiler} hot. CRIMINALLY so. Which just makes it that much more hysterical that she's actually a he.

(continued to watch the episode before posting)

Also, Yuki, the new members filled out some info cards saying what their favorite anime series were, and my favorite character of the bunch had this list:
  • DuARaRa!!
  • Evangeliwon Theatrical Edition
  • Hetarira
  • Winter Wars
  • Fuyume Yuujinchou
  • Sweets Basket
  • Tsukutsuku Houshi no Naku Koro ni
and more. But yeah. Notice anything in there? This means you should automatically love this character too and want to watch this show. *nod nod* [/daisy]
Been watching Nidaime too. And that's my favorite character! :3 Which made Episode 2 all the more awesome since my favorite character was a focal point of the episode. x3

PS. Talon, did you take into account
the picture on that person's info card?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #5283
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya: Taken as a far, far-flung spinoff of Fate/stay night, this series actually works. As a stand-alone magical girl series, I think it'd be average. And as a tighter FSN spinoff (like prequel F/Z or parody series Carnival Phantasm were), I think it fails. But as a middle ground between the two, I think it works pretty well. I'd liken that to a parabola on a graph, I guess: it works better as a 50% independent magical girl series 50% spinoff than as 100% version of either one alone.

(Episode 01 soft spoiler thoughts)
Reimagining the Clock Tower as a magical girl academy is interesting (and works with FHA pretty well). I do love seeing beautiful Luviafelt here. Kinda sad that this is her first ever anime appearance, but I'll take it!

Reimagining the Heroic Spirits as Clow Cards works too. A funny way to hybridize the magical girl genre with FSN's story.

Ilya's Onii-chan complex from FSN carries over remarkably well into magical girl territory.

Will watch more. Not expecting the series to get higher than 7/10, but right now that's actually its opening score: a surprising 7/10 for the series I thought I'd hate.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #5284
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Everyone has been telling me to watch Hetalia for ages. I'm a history teacher. I'd love it.

I don't like to throw around the word bad but.. this shit is nigh unwatchable.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #5285
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
Everyone has been telling me to watch Hetalia for ages. I'm a history teacher. I'd love it.

I don't like to throw around the word bad but.. this shit is nigh unwatchable.
You do know people watch it for the BL, not the history content, right? And most of the fanbase is all fujoshi, so...
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #5286
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
You do know people watch it for the BL, not the history content, right? And most of the fanbase is all fujoshi, so...
WRONG! Recommended to me by a straight friend who loves it for the history jokes. Watched by straight me who enjoyed it for the history jokes. In fact, I'd say that if you're watching Hetalia for anything but the history jokes then you're wasting your time. ^_^; If all you want is yaoi undertones, go watch Antique Bakery or something.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #5287
Lady Kuno

The jokes were kind of god awful.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #5288
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
If all you want is yaoi undertones, go watch Antique Bakery or something.
I have watched that, actually. Because of the baking.

And you can stick yaoi/yuri undertones to pretty much all anime ever, and the anime in question doesn't have to even try to have those tones.

Though with the recent track record of Kuroko no Basuke, Karneval, Devil Survivor 2 and Free! (to name a few) we're not having a shortage of BL-undertones that would warrant watching Antique Bakery ever again.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #5289
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
The jokes were kind of god awful.
What did you think of Hysteria!?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #5290
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Recorder to Randsell ~Mi~: New animation studio. And, from the feel of things, I'm guessing a new director too. First episode was fine. Underwhelming for a season premiere but at or slightly above average for the overall series. Surprised that the older sister never showed up though.

Fantasista Doll: saw Episode 02. I feel like this is a Saturday morning kids show, not a show intended for grown men. It's just way, way too simplistic. I'm still kinda bored by it, tbh, and may or may not drop it soon.

Gin no Saji: finally watched the first episode of this. Cute but disappointing: I had been expecting much more than what I got. May stick with it, will definitely watch Episode 02, but my hopes for this series are so much lower now than they were before.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #5291
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Hey kaisap, how does OreGairu compare to OMK? I haven't read enough of OMK to really compare but it feels like there's some striking similarities.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #5292
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
What did you think of Hysteria!?
Didn't watch it. Should I?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #5293
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
It wasn't exactly faithful to history, but to me it was true to its title. It was in the same vein of Animaniacs and Freakazoid! in terms of quality with a slight history bent.

By comparison, Time Squad was gutter trash. I'd imagine Hetalia to be closer to the former than latter, but Hysteria[ really had to bend things to stay funny.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #5294
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

OREGAIRU

10/10 - MASTERPIECE

I don't think I've seen one of these for years! I can't even remember the last show I gave max rating to. The previous high from the 2012 season was tsuritama, which I gave an Oustanding even though there were some noticeable flaws.

OreGairu somehow managed to have even more pronounced character development, and similar to tsuritama it was more on the low budget side of things. But I couldn't find any negatives to this title, and it was original and interesting despite what I described as a hilariously contrived premise. This definitely deserves a topic and pimped out review, look for it in a subforum near you!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #5295
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
He's not talking about an anime, for the record... he's talking about this
Old 07-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #5296
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

New shows!

Kiniro Mosaic
Nothing really changed from episode one. The only real value in this show is how cute it is. It's not grating or anything though, so I don't really have any problem continuing. I can easily see myself getting bored of this show later on though.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou
Like I expected, this is just a dumbass action show. I mean, the main girl's concerns and the story behind the monsters are nice. Sadly all of the characters are bland stereotypes. Also the start of fights is just so damn silly. A weird chime starts throughout the school, and the 4 girls (all supposedly students) are all "we have a mission!". Like....this is a message through the school, but the 4 girls who are beginners take on the mission. So yeah...I might not stick with this very long.

Such a shame...both of my shows on loli Saturday are proving to be bad.

Fantasista Doll
I umm....I don't think I can watch this anymore. Episode 2 was mostly mundane drama about the main girl having a personality flaw almost everyone has. It was painful to watch, especially since the latest Doki Dokkaan had similar irritating drama. I'm not interested in the plot, nor am I interested in any of the characters, so unless something good pops up, I'm dropping this show.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #5297
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Watamote: Watched Episode 02. This show is either too boring (half the time) or else way too depressing (the other half the time). Not sure I can hang in there much longer, even if it's meant to be humor that refers to the lives we or people like us led in high school. The final two aspects of the episode were each independently a crushing gut punch. Having both back-to-back was just ... urp. X_x
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #5298
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

> Fall 2013

Hmmm... although it sounds like a shitty version of Welcome to the NHK!, I might actually end up watching Outbreak Academy just to see how the first episode goes. If its funny or interesting I might keep it up.

KILL la KILL looks like the show that everyone is gonna pick up and fantasise over and etc etc. I may watch it to see what it'll be like, but I won't get my hopes up.

I'm missing monogatari whilst I'm in Spain ;;
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #5299
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Guys, I really think Meina's Owl traffic might have something to do with my PhotoBucket woes. Consider these two things:
1. Never had any problems before June. Suddenly problems. June is also the month I upload a few sample pictures to a public album for Meina's Owl to my PhotoBucket account.

2. Looking at where I got the first volume of Meina's Owl from, I can see the following number of comments (~100% of which are from malware bots trying to get idiots to buy drugs and such):
  • Love Hina: 2 comments
  • Fushigi Yuugi: 8 comments
  • Rozen Maiden: 25 comments
  • Meina's Owl: 132 comments
Yeah. Yeah. ^_^;

3. When I first got Meina's Owl, there were four comments. It stayed that way until around the time I started to blog about it here.
So it's an interesting little mystery. Could a sorely underappreciated manga ironically be the cause of so much web traffic? One way to try and find out is to make a new PhotoBucket account, upload Meina's Owl stuff there, and see how hammered it gets.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #5300
deoxys
Fog Badge

For the record, when I type "Meina's Owl" into Google Images, this is what I get.

28 of the first 29 results source from UPN.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime