UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

UPN PASBL: Ethereal (c) VS Copygoo (a)

Very simple first post on the rules of engagement.

6 vs 6
Singles
Hidden Squad
48hr DQ
Slapstick
Equilevel
Return = KO

Quote:
Shifting Stadium (Outdoor Custom Arena): A large stadium similar to Pummelo Stadium that shifts environments on a regular basis. It can simulate many more environments than Pummelo Stadium, however. The stadium shifts once every 4 or 5 rounds, to a random environment. The environments are:
Normal Stadium (10% chance): Not really an environment, but a normal stadium with the same rules as a Clay Arena. All battles must start with this environment.
Grass Field (10% chance): A grass field almost exactly like the Grass Field from the Indigo League in the Anime. In other words, all grass and nothing else.
Rock Field (10% chance): A Rock Field almost exactly like the Rock Field from the Indigo League. There are several Snorlax-sized boulders in this arena.
Water Field (10% chance): A Water Field almost exactly like the Water Field from the Indigo League. In other words, there are two Snorlax-sized platforms floating on the surface of the water, across from each other.
Ice Field (10% chance): An Ice Field similar to the Ice Field from the Indigo League, with a few very small glaciers around the arena.
Forest Fire (10% chance): A Forest Arena, except the forest is on fire, and the fire does spread quickly.
Beach (10% chance): A Beach Arena, but without all the volleyball nets and other things you might find at a beach, other than... well, the actual beach.
Snow-Capped Mountain (10% chance): A few enormous snow-capped mountains. They aren't very hard to climb for a Pokemon with sharp claws or Pokemon that can grip the ice, but other Pokemon will have some problems.
Swamp (10% chance): A Swamp Arena, with simulated fog. There is a fog machine somewhere in the arena, and the fog will become much less dense if the fog machine is destroyed.
Desert (10% chance): A vast desert, full of cacti. However, in most cases, it will be a desert without the extremely high temperatures.
One arena can be picked up to three times in a row, but an unlimited amount of times for the entire match.
Special Rules: Fog (Swamp only), Boulders (Rock Field only), Ice Field (Ice Field only), Water under Ice (Ice Field only), Pontoons (Water Field only), Sandy (Desert only), Snow Cover (Snow-Capped Mountain only), Thin Ice (Ice Field only), Stadium, Onlookers, Artificial Lighting, Announcer
With hidden Squads and a changing arena this match is sure to be a good one. PM me your TL, squads first battler, and orders. Good luck to both of you and may the best battler win.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.
zerozoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I finally sent my squad in. I'm actually rather excited about this!!! I think this will be really fun.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Entry Hazards Away.

Never done a hidden squad match before might give it a try in the future. Anyways Eathreal sends out her first Pokemon a Galvantula.

Quote:
Galvantula: (Bug/Electric) Galvantula are excellent climbers. Much like Ariados, they are able to travel using their String Shot, which is slightly charged with electrical energy and can do slight electrical damage on contact.

[Bug]: Bugs can, in most case, see in the dark. While most live in warm climates, they hate fire, and dislike cold.
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures don’t bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesn’t appeal to them.

Thorell: Level 3 Male Galvantula
Signature Technique: Booty Twaps! (Bug/Ele)
Using solid energy, Thorell sets up a beefed up Electroweb that seeps into the arena floor. Once the opponent has sent out their next Pokemon, they will be caught by the Booty Twaps!, taking moderate Electric damage and being ensnared as if caught by a Spider Web. Levitating and Flying Pokemon will still be affected, as long as the their starting position is off of the surface that the Booty Twaps! are in (e.g. If BT! is at the bottom of a pool, but the pokemon's starting position is relevant to pontoons, then it will wait for the next pokemon. However, if the the BT! and pokemon's starting position is based of of the floor of the concrete arena, it will fly towards the target). Thorell can only use this once per match and loses access to Spider Web and Electroweb. Once triggered, the attack disappears.

Thorell! Booty Twaps! and Signal Beam, but swap the latter for a Charge Beam if it'll be more effective.
Copygoo releases his choice for the first round a Clefairy.

Quote:
Clefairy (Normal): It is less shy than a Clefable, but is still made a bit nervous from large crowds of people. Clefairy and Clefable can jump high and far, and can use their wings to fly (not fast or well, but they can). The Clefairy family cannot see in total darkness, but they can see better than most in low-light.

[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.

GO JADE!!!! STEALTH ROCK!!!! MEGA PUNCH!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!!
Not knowing what typing the other might have in store for them both trainers order their Pokemon to set up entry traps. Galvantula is the first to go, as Clefairy is consitrating on summoning rocks from below the arena, and covers the arena's floor with a Booty Twaps! to ensnare the next Pokemon to come out. Clefairy has finally got enough rocks to set it's own trap as Stealth Rock slams into Galvantual before sinking partially into the field waiting for the next victim to come out. Thankfully traps were not the only thing ordered this round cause that would be boring and Galvantula releases a large Beam of bug type energy to Signal the start of the real battle. The attack knocks Clefairy back slightly before she charges the spider with a Punch of Mega classification.

Galvantula is in miserable shape for just coming out of the Pokeball being kicked out of its first quarter of health in one round. Energy use was massive but Galvantula still has the advantage in this catagory.

Clefairy made off like a champ this round receiving very little damage compared to what it dished out. This however comes at a cost of becoming quite tired and might want a breather soon as it approaches its first quarter of energy.

Not to sure how the orders work now since its hidden squad, but I believe it's your turn to order Ethereal.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-15-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

You're supposed to post the bio/sig of the Pokemon we sent out and the original orders that we gave them. C: But otherwise you're doing fine so far.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
Woohoo!

"Reel off a Thunderbolt and Pin Missile barrage!"
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Burn dose pin missiles wif a FLAMETHROWER!!! (and try to hit thorell too)

Old 07-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Barely Beat the 48 Hour Deadline

Just have to love how being on call for work can mess with ya. Personal life aside I get on with what both of you want me to do.

Being quite tired Clefairy let's Galvantula attack fist while she catches her breath. Clefairy's breather doesn't last long as a Thunderbolt jolts through her body, thankfully the electricity passes right through her without leaving any paralysis. Realizing that not attack will get her nowhere Clefairy starts gurgling fire type energy in the back of her throat to spew out a steady line of fire like a Flamethrower burning the in coming Pin Missile's with ease and cooking the spider medium rare.

Galvantula despite using more moves so far still has a slight lead in energy, but that isn't the spider's main concern as it has already passed the halfway marker in its life bar.

Clefairy received hefty damage this round and has just entered her second quarter. She enjoyed the breather this round but is still approaching the second quarter for energy.

Copygoo you're up.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 07-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Present and Skull Bash!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
(just a small note: Galvantula's supposed to be level four as a stated in the end of the PM, and so he does have a level up boost (and evo boost))

"Bring down a Thunder and Bounce over her Skull Bash."
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

When Did This Match Become An Aerial Battle?

With the friendly spirit of the Olympics running high Clefairy decides to give a Present to the spider who opens the package just to have it explode in its face for some moderate damage. Rather ticked at this trickery Galvantula summons a wicked Thunder that flies through the air nailing the fairy thing who luckily avoids any secondary effects, who knows it might be karma. Suddenly every body was aerial fighting as both battlers leap into the air one to attack with a Skull Bash the other tries to Bounce out of the way. Thankfully Galvantula is part jumping spider and successfully avoid the incoming attack.

Clefairy didn't like this round not only did she take a beating but her attacks were flops too. She's currently sitting at half health and is approaching the halfway point for energy too.

Galvantula (Who had some numbers changed due to the point brought up by Ethreal) closed the health gap greatly this round but still took some scratches, energy use was beyond extreme and is feeling a little winded as it begins heading to the halfway mark.

Ethreal orders.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 08-01-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

2/3 of total energy used seems pretty high for what looks like 1/2 at most.

Sorry if it's just me being weird, but would you mind showing me how you got that conclusion?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Sorry about that I accidentally subtracted the energy from the last round twice for Galvantula, fixing that now.

Edit: Fixed

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

"Just a Hidden Power for now."
Old 08-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Take it, Wish, and Fire Punch!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Time To Change Locations

Galvantula while grateful for the one mover is rather slow to move as Clefairy uses a Wish on a falling star to enter a odd trance boosting her energy and for a lesser part her defense. Which is much appreciated as Hidden Power strikes her bring her back to earth and out of her trance. Summon the last few drops of her fire type energy she charges the over sized bug with her fists ablaze with a Fire Punch to end the round.

Clefairy used little energy thanks to Wish but has no more Fire type energy to use. She is currently a Considerable way above her final quarter.

Galvantula took Heavy damage this round (Since I ref the elemental punches 50-50) putting it at the start of the final quarter. For energy she's close to the halfway point.

Copygoo you're up.

New stage time

Quote:
Desert (10% chance): A vast desert, full of cacti. However, in most cases, it will be a desert without the extremely high temperatures.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

MC Hyper Beam and Focused Hyper Voice!!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

"Bring down a Thunder. String Shot."
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Now if only we had Hyper Fang we'd have all the Hyper moves.

The attacks this round start off rather heavy with Clefairy quickly firing one of the potentially most powerful attacks in the asb, but being warry of the severe drawbacks of the move decides to go with a MC Hyper Beam. At the same time Galvantula summons a wicked strong Thunder that arcs towards the fairy. Both attack connect at the same time for a classic dual exchange, but as with all dual exchanges there has to be a loser and that would be Clefairy as she took more damage and is now paralyzed to boot. Trying to disregard the new status afflicting her Clefairy tries to summon her opra voice for a Hyper Voice. However she can't open her mouth as Galvantula is playing spiderman with the fairy and has her body and mouth encased in a sticky Shot of String.

Galvantula isn't looking to good after this round and has somewhere between good/solid health left. Energy use was large, and is close to her final 1/3.

Clefairy is in jam being paralyzed and confined in a string shot, health is well into the final quarter and is past the halfway point for energy.

Ethereal.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by zerozoner; 08-26-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

"Express your Swagger while laughing at her sorry state. Discharge if she's to flustered to protect herself."
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

smash his dumb face in with a psychic

Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #21
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Let's get this match underway once again

With both battlers in potential KO territory I'm expecting these next few rounds to be rather quick. Rather than attack her captured prey with all of her fury Galvantula decides to taunt Clefairy with a Swagger. This quickly back fires on Galvantula as Clefairy funnels out all her rage at the spider in a powerful Psychic wave of energy. The attack is to much for Galvantula as she falls over with eyes swirling unable to battle any further.

Galvantula is unable to battle new Pokemon and orders Ethereal.

Clefairy is still trapped like she was last round and is running low on Psychic energy now.

Ethereal.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

...whoops

"Maxixe (Nidorina). Sludge Bomb."
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

sweet kiss

Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

The match finally comes out of a coma

Up next for Ethereal is Maxixe (Nidorina)
Quote:
Nidorina (Poison): Females in the Nidoran family may use any attack requiring their horn (such as Horn Attack), but since the horn is not as long or as tough, their horn attacks deal three-fourths the damage. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
[Poison]: If not completely immune, poison types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Since this match just woke up I'll try to keep things simple, Clefairy tries to do a Sweet Kiss but the web is still blocking her mouth making the move fail as a salvo of Sludge Bombs explode in her face. The explosions lossen the webbing enough for Clefairy to free herself as the round ends.

Cleafairy only has mild health remaining

Maxixe is still fresh

Copygoo

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #25
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Cut.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL