UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #276
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Winter Village: - Please reply in LightBlue

Shadowshocker: Wondering how on earth you had fallen asleep after just one battle, you begin to stretch and get ready for your next competition, leaving you at the platform once more against Jimmy, you begin a routine in Pokémon battling that is a hard choice to make for any trainer; what Pokémon to use. Deciding upon two, you release Chatot, who instantaneously repeats a phrase that makes you wonder where the bird could have possibly got the wording from, being its first ever adventure. Shrugging it off, you hear the telepathic voice of Daphne as the ‘come hither sign’ is issued.

Grinning from ear to ear, you see Jimmy grasp two white pokéballs of the snow variety before throwing them up in the air, a Snorunt and Smoochum appearing before you.

“You know, my brother gives me all his unwanted winnings. He gets all kin d of stuff but never wants any of it. I often wonder why he doesn’t just leave, these two snowballs are his” Jimmy reminisces as he looks down fondly on the pokéballs he has in his hand. “Alright, you two, start with a combined Ice Beam and then split up to a Powder Snow and Sweet Kiss and end with a double hail. Seems Jimmy is eager to get battling and has ordered first,

What will you do?
"Ice-types... That's not a good sign, for sure," pondered Shadow immediately. Scherza was at a very distinct disadvantage, worsened by Jimmy's selected orders, but for a moment another thought surfaced. "What did Jimmy mean by 'brother', and 'doesn't just leave'?" There were comparisons that might be potentially drawn... wasn't there another individual who fit that description? In any case, the thesis would be pointless if the scientist couldn't advance ahead. Handily enough these two tricksters of his had undergone some treatment beforehand that might even the odds some.

"Alright, Scherza. The moment you see the glimmers of their combined Ice Beam, shower them with Heat Wave. Daphne, call on an Assist from Scherza by 2v2 convention, and aim the result at Snorunt." The scientist paused, as he deliberated a possible, though less conventional tactic, but if he was to use it performing it when hit points were less of a concern would help. "Scherza, while orchestrating a Nasty Plot, dive into that Sweet Kiss and let Tangled Feet activate, and play evasive for a while. Daphne, Confusion on Snorunt, and Headbutt to stun." The latter would be an acid test as to Snorunt's ability, which Daphne might make use of depending on the results. Now all he could do was wait and see.
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #277
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
@Hayward – Gotcha’. I was looking at your profile because of the break and assumed you had evolved them.

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward:Giving out more orders like a commander in a warzone, you completely focus on the shadow Tauros that are in front of you, determined to protect the forest as it is. Moving closer to the action as the tension rises, your two comrades pant a little before nodding in comprehension of your orders, ready for a larger exertion of energy to deal larger damage to the Tauros. As the Tauros stamp the floor in anticipation, Keo snaps its pincers twice as a taunt before the Shadow Tauros begin to get made.

Moving at a quick pace, Forteo spins in a small circle as a light purple veil gets drawn around him, stopping dead straight to face the Tauros as the protective move using a two-move combo and a truckload of energy to prepare it for what’s to come. Looking dead straight at the Tauros, the small Pineco chirps in readiness to Keo as the Krabby acknowledges the need to move. As the Krabby moves forward slightly, it raises both red pinsirs with a large power before slamming them in unison to the ground, causing it to shake. Another raise and fall causes it to shake more before the last causes an earthquake, the ground shaking violently as the four legged Tauros lose balance before collapsing in on their weak legs, the one with the spikes in landing on its other side as a loud ‘MOOOOO’ of pain shoots through as the spikes dig in more. Despite the initial view of the damage, the earthquake seems to do very little aside from move them from their feet, the soft ground having not much to move around and the quake not doing direct damage.

Carrying on with the plan, Keo targets the weaker looking Tauros with anger, looking to give revenge in the spiked beast for man-handling it in the previous rounds. With its pincers really clacking away like mad, the bull looks up with desperate eyes as it attempts to right itself to no avail, stuck in the ground due to pain. With boosted reveres of power and strength, Keo leaps forward and flings itself to the Tauros, flailing about with its massive pincers as the Tauros can do naught but take the attacks dead on. Dealing a massive amount of damage, Keo looks at the Tauros with little sympathy as the evil beast attempted to destroy the forest.

With very little health left, the Tauros sticks it tongue out, panting from pain as Keo goes into overdrive, clasping its pincers together to form a wrecking-ball like approach, swinging it back behind his head as if its pincers were a golf club before swinging with full force, the super powered attack connecting with a ‘SNAP’ against the Tauros’ spine, knocking it out. Level up for Keo. As you look in horror, you find that as Keo stops the attacking, the Tauros lies dead on the floor, literally snapped as its back arches back into an unnatural position, caving in on itself as it begins to bleed a crimson blood onto the forest canvas. Stepping back to your line of the field, Keo collapses onto one knee, the obvious lack of energy not completely knocking him out but definitely needing at least one round of rest before it can even attempt to move again.

Seeing the death of its former brother, the Tauros goes mad with the sight of red blood. As the protective layer of Forteo wears off, the pineco spits a glob of Toxic at the Tauros eyes which only enrages it further, the blood point causing the poison to seep in effectively immediately but the Tauros just Moos once more in anger. Stomping on the ground, Forteo tries to continue its return assault but realizes that the protect used up two of its moves and leaves it unable to attack. Helpless to the rage of the Tauros, Forteo looks on as a rampant Tauros crashes down on it with a Zen Headbutt and a Strength, causing the Pineco to be shot up in the air and crashing on the floor. Despite the heavy energy loss, the Tauros seems to show no sign of tiredness. Throwing down the last of its move, the Tauros stomps on the floor as a giant crack appears in the ground, the resulting Fissure streaming down the ground, causing some moderate shake damage to both Keo and Forteo and also creating a crack in the floor, barely missing the Pineco as the blue Pokémon sighs in relief that it wasn’t down the hole.

As the round seems to end, you see a Tauros come in from your right as it struggles to shake something off before falling to the floor. Looking carefully, you see that Houndoom has the Tauros by the neck with a crunch as the Tauros staggers a little before attempting once more, having no luck. By the looks of it, the Houndoom will have the Tauros knocked out by the end of next round, blood already seeping from the Tauros’ neck. Looking over to your left, you also see the resounding sign of the Sandslash using a X-Scissor to slice the throat of its enemy Tauros, the blood splattering over the nearby stones and rocks, the Tauros caught stone dead as the Sandslash looks back, also unable to move this round due to exhaustion and in respect to its kill. Looking around, you see that it’s a heavily dented and exhausted Pineco vs. An enraged and heavily dented and exhausted Tauros, with the winner looking like they’ll complete the battle with a sweep. Pineco dealing with the last of the Tauros and the Tauros looking like it could take out the other three move heavily beaten opponents on your side.

What will you do?


Winter Village: - Please reply in LightBlue

Shadowshocker: With two ice types staring you down on the battlefield, thoughts race through your mind as your testing becomes somewhat extreme, the classic trail and error that could seriously cost you, but that wasn't so important at the time. Moving your Pokémon strategically and listening to the orders, you place your Pokémon to the best of your advantage and signal their orders, the two comrades of yours nodding in acknowledgement.

As the two Pokémon finally get ready, the referee nods before waving both his red and green flag down to the ground, signalling the match was under way. As soon as it does, of course, the fans begin cheering, the noise almost deafening as some cheer for you having seen your victory over Jak while the others cheer the home-grown hero trying to make something of himself. With the flag dropped, the match really does start off with some intense moves.

First to move, both teams begin with a combo, Snorunt and Smoochum pip together as a silver balll begins to glow in their mouth at record pace. Seemingly as though Jimmy had trained the two to work in unison at breakneck speeds, Chatot and Daphne both get caught off guard and forget their moves until the charging of the ice beam is half-way through. Cracking into action, Daphne extends a paw from its assist trying to catch a move from Chatot's move list, however nothing comes out. Checking to see the move description, you realize that you can't select a move from one of the Pokémon already out on the field, leaving Daphne looking rather grumpy she missed out on the fun. Along with it, Chatot cookis up a hot attack in a Heat Wave. As the attacks all get launched, the double ice beam projectile gets shot out towards the flamethrower and heat wave before causing a massive explosion of hot and cold, the attacks meeting in dead centre and cancelling each other out, the intensity of the ice beam preventing it from being overpowered by the flames.

Happy to see your two Pokémon not frozen still, they begin to move onto their secondary attacks. Moving first at a once again unusual pace for the low-leveled Pokémon, Smoochum uses its signature move of a sweet kiss, sending a flurry of kisses into the direction of your team. In a bold, but brave move, you send Chatot into the kisses as the bird hits nearly every one of them, protecting Daphne from confusion but also raising its evasion level one stage. Remebering the rest of its orders, Chatot begins thinking nasty and evil thoughts, plotting the downfall of its opponents and muttering something crazy under its breath. As it does, however, Snorunt takes advantage of the stall by sending a powder snow to Chatot, causing it to chill, the x2 super effectiveness dealing still light damage, but making the bird's two feet stick together as a block of ice forms on them, sending the bird down with the excess weight and onto the ice floor, sending it onto its backside.

Slipping while trying to get up, Chatot struggles with the hard ice trapping it from being upright as Daphne tries her attacks. Using her psychic attacks to her advantage, the Drowzee uses a deep confusion to get inside Snorunt's mind, causing it some discomfort but not confusing it. As the Snorunt looks to recover, Daphne charges in, slamming into the much smaller Pokémon for a hard hit from its headbut but not flinching, rather not due to an ability, but because headbutt cannot flinch. As the round comes to an end, both of the ice Pokémon send a small blue aura to the sky as it begins to hail instantly, as Snorunt revels in the snow, regaining some HP from the icy-weather.

What will you do?
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #278
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward:Giving out more orders like a commander in a warzone, you completely focus on the shadow Tauros that are in front of you, determined to protect the forest as it is. Moving closer to the action as the tension rises, your two comrades pant a little before nodding in comprehension of your orders, ready for a larger exertion of energy to deal larger damage to the Tauros. As the Tauros stamp the floor in anticipation, Keo snaps its pincers twice as a taunt before the Shadow Tauros begin to get made.

Moving at a quick pace, Forteo spins in a small circle as a light purple veil gets drawn around him, stopping dead straight to face the Tauros as the protective move using a two-move combo and a truckload of energy to prepare it for what’s to come. Looking dead straight at the Tauros, the small Pineco chirps in readiness to Keo as the Krabby acknowledges the need to move. As the Krabby moves forward slightly, it raises both red pinsirs with a large power before slamming them in unison to the ground, causing it to shake. Another raise and fall causes it to shake more before the last causes an earthquake, the ground shaking violently as the four legged Tauros lose balance before collapsing in on their weak legs, the one with the spikes in landing on its other side as a loud ‘MOOOOO’ of pain shoots through as the spikes dig in more. Despite the initial view of the damage, the earthquake seems to do very little aside from move them from their feet, the soft ground having not much to move around and the quake not doing direct damage.

Carrying on with the plan, Keo targets the weaker looking Tauros with anger, looking to give revenge in the spiked beast for man-handling it in the previous rounds. With its pincers really clacking away like mad, the bull looks up with desperate eyes as it attempts to right itself to no avail, stuck in the ground due to pain. With boosted reveres of power and strength, Keo leaps forward and flings itself to the Tauros, flailing about with its massive pincers as the Tauros can do naught but take the attacks dead on. Dealing a massive amount of damage, Keo looks at the Tauros with little sympathy as the evil beast attempted to destroy the forest.

With very little health left, the Tauros sticks it tongue out, panting from pain as Keo goes into overdrive, clasping its pincers together to form a wrecking-ball like approach, swinging it back behind his head as if its pincers were a golf club before swinging with full force, the super powered attack connecting with a ‘SNAP’ against the Tauros’ spine, knocking it out. Level up for Keo. As you look in horror, you find that as Keo stops the attacking, the Tauros lies dead on the floor, literally snapped as its back arches back into an unnatural position, caving in on itself as it begins to bleed a crimson blood onto the forest canvas. Stepping back to your line of the field, Keo collapses onto one knee, the obvious lack of energy not completely knocking him out but definitely needing at least one round of rest before it can even attempt to move again.

Seeing the death of its former brother, the Tauros goes mad with the sight of red blood. As the protective layer of Forteo wears off, the pineco spits a glob of Toxic at the Tauros eyes which only enrages it further, the blood point causing the poison to seep in effectively immediately but the Tauros just Moos once more in anger. Stomping on the ground, Forteo tries to continue its return assault but realizes that the protect used up two of its moves and leaves it unable to attack. Helpless to the rage of the Tauros, Forteo looks on as a rampant Tauros crashes down on it with a Zen Headbutt and a Strength, causing the Pineco to be shot up in the air and crashing on the floor. Despite the heavy energy loss, the Tauros seems to show no sign of tiredness. Throwing down the last of its move, the Tauros stomps on the floor as a giant crack appears in the ground, the resulting Fissure streaming down the ground, causing some moderate shake damage to both Keo and Forteo and also creating a crack in the floor, barely missing the Pineco as the blue Pokémon sighs in relief that it wasn’t down the hole.

As the round seems to end, you see a Tauros come in from your right as it struggles to shake something off before falling to the floor. Looking carefully, you see that Houndoom has the Tauros by the neck with a crunch as the Tauros staggers a little before attempting once more, having no luck. By the looks of it, the Houndoom will have the Tauros knocked out by the end of next round, blood already seeping from the Tauros’ neck. Looking over to your left, you also see the resounding sign of the Sandslash using a X-Scissor to slice the throat of its enemy Tauros, the blood splattering over the nearby stones and rocks, the Tauros caught stone dead as the Sandslash looks back, also unable to move this round due to exhaustion and in respect to its kill. Looking around, you see that it’s a heavily dented and exhausted Pineco vs. An enraged and heavily dented and exhausted Tauros, with the winner looking like they’ll complete the battle with a sweep. Pineco dealing with the last of the Tauros and the Tauros looking like it could take out the other three move heavily beaten opponents on your side.

What will you do?
The Pokemon tortured beneath the Silverton Mountains. The feuding Lacunas in Talas. The desolation of Miasma Heights. The murdered scientists on Cortoza Island. And now the Sacred Forest’s slaughter.

A veteran of many travels, Ben was no stranger to violence, hatred, death, and brutality. Even so, it took nearly every ounce of his strength and resolve not to gasp or cry out in revulsion at the grim scene unfolding before his grey-green eyes.

Crimson spots stained the ground, the trees, the combatants. Everything. Not one Pokemon was unscathed or unscratched. Blood ran in rivers and fallen Tauros lay strewn about the field in grotesque postures of death, never to rise again. One dangled from the fangs of Houndoom, while another lay crumpled in a heap near Krabby. The third sported a wide gash reminiscent of a scarlet scarf around its neck, courtesy of Sandslash.

What Ben found most shocking though, was that his own companion Keo had slain one of its Poke-brethren. The boy put a high value on Life, and not simply that of his own companions and friends, but of all Pokemon and people. He lamented the fact that Keo hadn’t been able to stop the tainted bull without ending its life.

It wasn't that Ben was upset with the aggressive little crustacean. Things had escalated well beyond the stereotypical Pokemon battle. It was now about survival. Kill or be killed. Ben’s brow furrowed as he morbidly wondered how many ten year olds would be eager to leave on “A Magical Pokemon Journey” if they knew it might result in the snapping of their spine, the severing of their limbs, or the slitting of their throat.

Had it not been for the fact that his Pokemon partners were counting on him, Ben was certain he would have been sick. He clutched his stomach. It was all he could do to keep himself from doubling over and retching. He knew he had to find the strength to go on. He knew so much depended on them stopping the Tauros - the forest, the villagers, his own Pokemon's safety. Pushing the thoughts of possible death and dismemberment from his mind, he thought hard to come up with a plan.

With three Tauros dispatched, it was now 4 against 1; Houndoom, Sandslash, Krabby, and Pineco vs. Tauros. The odds were in their favor, but Ben knew that his side was exhausted and that the remaining wild bull wouldn’t go down without a fight. Keo was breathing heavily and shuddering violently. He desperately needed a rest and Ben couldn’t ask him to fight for a bit. Glancing at the tiny Pineco Forteo, Ben saw that he, too, shook as he struggled to take deep, panting breaths. He had expended a considerable amount of energy and taken a severe beating. Ben hoped Forteo would have the strength to stop the last Tauros.

Suddenly, Ben’s Pokemon partners began to glow and in a flash of azure light, evolved into their final states simultaneously, much to their young trainer’s surprise. Complimenting Keo and Forteo on their new forms, Ben theorized that their unified determination to the same goal must have affected their evolution and realized that he would certainly need his companions’ newfound power to stop the Shadow Tauros.

Hoping the rapid evolution might catch the lone Tauros by surprise, Ben charged forward with Forteo, asserting that he didn’t want to kill the Tauros, but had vowed to protect the forest, and was determined to do what he must to prevent the further loss of life and destruction.

“Now, mate! Look sharp!” Ben hollered to Forteo, as Keo watched their reckless charge from the sidelines. “The third time has to be the charm! Go with Return! Then follow up with a Flash Cannon - Zap Cannon combo! We have to stop that last Tauros!”


Keo has been raised from lv. 51 to lv. 52.
___________________________________________



Last edited by Hayward; 01-30-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Hayward is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #279
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Winter Village: - Please reply in LightBlue

Shadowshocker: With two ice types staring you down on the battlefield, thoughts race through your mind as your testing becomes somewhat extreme, the classic trail and error that could seriously cost you, but that wasn't so important at the time. Moving your Pokémon strategically and listening to the orders, you place your Pokémon to the best of your advantage and signal their orders, the two comrades of yours nodding in acknowledgement.

As the two Pokémon finally get ready, the referee nods before waving both his red and green flag down to the ground, signalling the match was under way. As soon as it does, of course, the fans begin cheering, the noise almost deafening as some cheer for you having seen your victory over Jak while the others cheer the home-grown hero trying to make something of himself. With the flag dropped, the match really does start off with some intense moves.

First to move, both teams begin with a combo, Snorunt and Smoochum pip together as a silver balll begins to glow in their mouth at record pace. Seemingly as though Jimmy had trained the two to work in unison at breakneck speeds, Chatot and Daphne both get caught off guard and forget their moves until the charging of the ice beam is half-way through. Cracking into action, Daphne extends a paw from its assist trying to catch a move from Chatot's move list, however nothing comes out. Checking to see the move description, you realize that you can't select a move from one of the Pokémon already out on the field, leaving Daphne looking rather grumpy she missed out on the fun. Along with it, Chatot cookis up a hot attack in a Heat Wave. As the attacks all get launched, the double ice beam projectile gets shot out towards the flamethrower and heat wave before causing a massive explosion of hot and cold, the attacks meeting in dead centre and cancelling each other out, the intensity of the ice beam preventing it from being overpowered by the flames.

Happy to see your two Pokémon not frozen still, they begin to move onto their secondary attacks. Moving first at a once again unusual pace for the low-leveled Pokémon, Smoochum uses its signature move of a sweet kiss, sending a flurry of kisses into the direction of your team. In a bold, but brave move, you send Chatot into the kisses as the bird hits nearly every one of them, protecting Daphne from confusion but also raising its evasion level one stage. Remebering the rest of its orders, Chatot begins thinking nasty and evil thoughts, plotting the downfall of its opponents and muttering something crazy under its breath. As it does, however, Snorunt takes advantage of the stall by sending a powder snow to Chatot, causing it to chill, the x2 super effectiveness dealing still light damage, but making the bird's two feet stick together as a block of ice forms on them, sending the bird down with the excess weight and onto the ice floor, sending it onto its backside.

Slipping while trying to get up, Chatot struggles with the hard ice trapping it from being upright as Daphne tries her attacks. Using her psychic attacks to her advantage, the Drowzee uses a deep confusion to get inside Snorunt's mind, causing it some discomfort but not confusing it. As the Snorunt looks to recover, Daphne charges in, slamming into the much smaller Pokémon for a hard hit from its headbut but not flinching, rather not due to an ability, but because headbutt cannot flinch. As the round comes to an end, both of the ice Pokémon send a small blue aura to the sky as it begins to hail instantly, as Snorunt revels in the snow, regaining some HP from the icy-weather.

What will you do?
Should he have had let nature take its course? A bit of a misnomer, considering that both sides were technically domesticated, but despite things not going perfectly according to plan Shadow had the intel he needed. Unpredictability was a staple of tactics that he, admittedly, had not been practicing, instead of relying on powerhouses to secure the team objectives. Granted, those had been more crucial scenarios, but here he could relax. At least the wild card he had attempted went as intended, so perhaps that was the way to go. "How dare you think of attacking me!" shrieked Scherza, much to the amusement of the crowd.

"Sing, Scherza! Loud and clear. Daphne, your Insomnia will protect you from that move, so let's wait it out and after that, Role Play Snorunt's Ice Body." Shadow was certain that given the details he had researched, this tactic should work according to the fundamentals he'd read. "Scherza, if you can Peck Snorunt for a bit as Daphne administers a Psycho Cut."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."

Last edited by Shadowshocker; 02-01-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Adding sig and fixing spelling
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #280
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge
 
Dark Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Dark Fire: Realizing that you had accidently freed the fire-y man, you look on in dismay at the poor Numel being tortured by the evil man before deciding to go out the corridor to confront him. Within the confides of the large caverned room, you walk into the bright light before being confronted by the man, smirking as you emerge. Saying your piece just makes the man smirk a little more, snickering with a vile look across his face.

“A boy? And an accidental release” he grins “Well then, look s like we’ve got a situation on our hand child. You see, I’ve wanted to destroy the Volcanic Mountain region for millennia but a team of researches betrayed me and locked me away. Times were different then but I’m sure I’ll be able to get enough information out of your battling styles to know what to expect up there.”

Flexing his muscles for a second, the man clicks his fingers and the Slugma stopped the flamethrower. As some of the Numel fall to the floor unconscious from the pain, the others stumble a little before turning towards you, staring. The Slugma, on the other hand, line up on your left in singular form along the wall, creating a small field inside the Pokémon. Clicking his fingers again, you feel the ground rumble as a line begins to be drawn by earthquake in the ground, the cracks making a football field like shape.

“This is our playing field, get thrown outside the area and you’ll get a flamethrower to the face by the Slugma or the Numel. We’ll start with someone easy” he laughs as he reaches for a pokéball, unclipping it from his belt before throwing it to the floor revealing a evolved yellow and orange chicken; a Combusken.

What will you do?
Rayne almost could not believe what had just transpired. Just like that he was now faced off in a pokemon battle with the flaming man. Two seconds ago he was sure either the flaming man would turn on him and set him alight, or at very least send his Slugma minions to roast him instead. Alright, so maybe Rayne’s imagination had raced a bit ahead of the situation, but the turn of events was most definitely a pleasant one. Now Rayne wished he knew more about the man he was about to face off against; he wanted to know the story. Millennia? This guy has been around for this long? He had all this hate harboured within for that long? Maybe that’s why he was on fire now. Can hate manifest into heat Rayne wondered, his imagination once again raced forward, imagining a person trying to start a fire by focusing his hate on a bundle of sticks. Absurd!

Rayne scanned the battlefield. It seemed like a textbook playing field. He would not have been surprised if its dimensions met pokemon league standards. He didn’t much like the idea of flamethrowers ready to go off at anyone straying too close to the edges, and he would need to keep that in mind if he wanted to come out victorious in this battle.

“We’ll start with someone easy.” The man declared, unclipping a pokeball and revealing its inhabitant to be a feisty Combusken. Someone easy? Rayne could not agree more. Minerva had gone through this awkward stage of her development after all; he knew how to fight against these formidable birds.

“It’s a Combusken, Apollo. You’ve seen Minerva in action, you know what to expect.” Rayne blurted, letting confidence seep into his voice. Apollo nodded hungrily while crouched in his battle stance, teeth exposed, fur on edge. Rayne knew his friendly spars with Minerva would prove worthwhile in this battle, but he also understood that individuals from the same species did not all behave the same way. He would start out conservatively. “Alright bud, time to fight. Start out with Magnet Rise. Don’t let it get too close, you know how dangerous they can be in close combat. Throw it off with Double Team, and finish up with Swift.”
__________________
.: Team Dark Fire :.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Dark Fire is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #281
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!
 
Handymankg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,600
Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Lost city of Itonou: - Please reply in Red

Handymankg2: Turning your attention towards the old man, you walk forward slightly with little haste, pondering the actions of the people around you and wondering what the hell was going on. Deciphering that a prophecy was unlikely to involve you in the centre, you begin to pick apart the actions of the assaulters and begin to think laterally about the meanings and just what they were up to.

Agreeing to come along with the men for the safe release of the people behind you, you nod to them, not wanting bloodshed but to find out the truth about the group you had just met and coursed into a fight you didn’t feel was yours. Stepping back from the action, the man’s grin turns to a smirk and before you can react, the old man darts forward with impeccable speed, not usual for a man of his age. Pressing his index and middle finger against your forehead, you suddenly feel a pain wash over you and find your limbs not react as you try to struggle free.

“Shouldn’t have done that now should we? Should’ve listened to your little friends, they know better than to drag other people into this.” The man whispers as his fingers glows a faint blue, your eyes begin to shake violently and the corner of your eye catches the Cacturne using a mean look. Shivering with another wave of pain, you feel as if a thorn bush is growing inside your head, the prickles burning as they poke the fleshy undertone. “Not even God can save you now” he finished as you begin to black out, the system in your body malfunctioning with the large amount of pain as you see the man smirk through blurred and teary eyes. Just before you do blackout, you see a crimson flame burst through the hole in the wall made in the wall earlier.

***

Groggily, you open your eyes to see a new face in front of you as it lifts itself upwards, saying things you can’t hear as your senses regain back to normal. Suddenly realizing that you had been confronted and nearly killed by the old man in a cloak, you bolt upright, scrambling off the floor to check where you are. Luckily, you somehow recognise the massive hole in the wall before looking back around to see your previous comrades unhurt and a man with a growlithe standing with them and chatting until they notice your presence.

“Rick, you’re okay!” Peter yells as he helps you up with one arm as you find yourself back on two feet, brushing the dust and dirt from your clothes with relative success. “Crogunk’s fine, he was unharmed by the Cacturne because Clark here came in” he continued by pointing to the man standing with the growlithe to attention. Nodding to Clark, you begin to wonder if what any of the old man said was true, before dismissing it all as cannon to get close to you.

“We have to catch them on the back foot to finish it once and for all” Clark said as you nod in agreement “We’ll have to go deep into the city to cut them off before they reach their base. Do you want to continue?” he finishes before turning back to you. Seems he want you to decide if you’re in or not.

What will you do?
Major apologies for the wait. Hopefully I'll get into more of a habit of replying.

Ricks eyes widened as the man standing ahead changed his expression forthwith, a smirk developing promptly as he darted forwards with an unexpected speed, strange and completely unnatural for someone of his age. Rick would have usually pondered how a man could move so quickly at such a age, but for once his pondering was cut short by something other than his mind clicking back into focus, the man pressing his index and middle finger against Ricks forehead. The ponder was cut short alright, as a huge immitigable pain washed over his body, and for some reason it continued down to his limbs and the rest of his body even though the point of contact was relatively small. As Rick tried to shake himself free of the man’s painful attack, he found that his limbs wouldn’t even react to his attempts at escape, simply limply staying where they were as his body continued to feel such distress. The man began to speak, but Rick could barely focus on what the man was saying. Something about listening to his friends. If he had any voice left in him he knew he would be shouting ‘you think?’ in a sarcastic fashion round about now, but he couldn’t bring himself to words. His fingers had even taken on an ominous blue glow now. Rick wasn’t really shocked anymore; he knew something abnormal was going on here, and a little blue light wasn’t going to scare him. Catching a glance at a mean look using Cacturne, however, wasn’t so easy to ignore. Another wave of pain lapsed through Ricks body, and he knew he’d be crying out if he could. The pain was intense enough to make the teen feel that an actual thorn bush was growing inside his head. Why Rick? Why couldn’t he ever just take a normal journey through an unexplored region and not have inexplicable pain come upon him or one of his allies. Just once. And then, the man followed up by saying that not even god could save him now. Rick wouldn’t think he would, mind, as he didn’t really believe in the existence of a god anyway. He wasn’t a fan of evolution, either, though. All he knew that was everything was here now, and that’s all that’s important. Live life to your fullest, or you’ve wasted your only shot. It seemed his shot was coming to an end though, and through the pain and tears he could see the man’s continued smirk. His body slowly fell into unconsciousness, before a crimson burst of flames spread through the hole made earlier. Of course, this didn’t prevent his spell into unconsciousness, but it was a pretty sight.

--

Ricks eyes slowly opened as he made his way back into reality. His dream was short and sweet; he imagined himself back home in their small cottage on the border of Viridian Forest and Pewter, his mother always insisting on living in a small house regardless of whether her husband was the current leader of the fighting dojo or not. It was a time of peace...but far too boring. His eyes finally came fully open, and Rick found a new face in the room. Where was he again? The familiar sight of the hole in the wall assured him he hadn’t moved from the old location, but he was definitely in a better mood than when he was knocked out if he remembered. How did that happen again? Wait, of course, it was the man in the cloak that’d done it. Him and his Cacturne. Looking around briefly, he located a man with a cute little fire dog by his side. A Growlithe, Rick believed. He’d seen one or two on Pewter before. Good pets if he recalled correctly. Peter noticed him, and called out, running over and helping Rick get back up. At this point, Rick realised that his Pokemon wasn’t standing faithfully behind him anymore. Peter soon explained that Croagunk was fine, and Rick quickly asked “Healthy enough to stay out the pokeball, you think? This was his first adventure, and, well...it hasn’t gone great.” Rick then turned to Clark, but was really speaking to all of them which was shown by his hand gestures. “Thanks guys a load. Sorry for doubting you, really, I just didn't want you to get anymore hurt.” The last line was directed towards the other two rather than Clark. Rick listened to Clark speak, and smiled with a nod. “No way am I letting those scoundrels get away with something like that. I was a fool to believe them, but they’re fools to underestimate me. Let’s go.”
Handymankg2 is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #282
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
Major apologies for the delay. I'll try to get out an update at least once every two weeks from now until January, but that'll be when work picks up again. Hope you all haven't got bored of here by now but if you want to leave, drop me a VM.

I'll leave DF and SP-Eevee in for another 5 days but if they haven't replied and they have gone AWOL then I'm opening up again for another two people, though PikaGod and Balmund still have dibs if they want it. I'll update their status' next update so anyone who wants to join can if either of them don't want an adventure here.

Thanks for keeping with me and I hope that we can carry forward.

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: Realizing that the Pokémon world was not the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that you once thought it was you begin to reminisce about the other adventures you had served in, the memories of horror flooding back to you of the Pokémon world. Laying one hand over your mouth at the scenes that unfolded, you could not help but hold back a cry at the killing of three Pokémon. Realizing that while life may be sacred, it would be better for the entire community under the banner of the forest that these menace be disposed of you begin to think about your own safety; kill or be killed was now in your mind as it had been in the Shadow Tauros' this entire battle.

Seeing the tide of battle turn in your favour with the disposal of three of the Tauros, it had now become a four on one situation. While this may have been the case, you were still wary that the increase in tiring moves had put a strain on yourself and others as Krabby settled for a quick one round rest, Houndoom and Sandslash also doing similar things. Looking over to the Houndoom, it nods at with its tongue stuck out, panting heavily as it tries to increase it oxygen levels with bated breaths. Sandslash, on the other hand, was taking more spiritual approach, creating a triangular symbol with the blood to suggest an ancient prayer, kneeling down beside the kill with two claws facing the sky.

Grasping your hands together in a clench, you witness the evolution of both of your Pokémon, Keo transforming into a much larger crustacean, its large pincers clicking together with power. Forteo, on the other hand, also transforms, gaining a much larger form as it's outer layer becomes as hard as steel, turning a red colour and gaining spiky shell; the transformation now turning it into a Forretress.

With the evolution complete, Forretress now looks like it has the slight upper hand, the transformation giving it a little more energy and power than before. Giving your orders with this in mind, you call out with hope as Forretress' eyes turn to slits, narrowing on its targets before jumping with heavy clanks as it hops towards Tauros. Not one to be taken lightly, the shadow tauros also runs into the middle as they both look to attack with return. As they do meet, the two attacks collide with a massive explosion, the damage being done to both sides as they're thrown backwards, lying still for a few seconds.

However, with the evolution, Forteo manages to rise a little quicker than Tauros, gathering two balls in front of its face, one being a flash cannon while the other a zap cannon. Intertwining the energy attacks, the electric / steel ball becomes the size of Forteo before it's launched at the Tauros as it just manages to stand up, hitting it square in the ribs as a terrible crunching noise is heard of bones folding. Neighing in agony, the Tauros collapses in a bloody heap, dead, just like it's comrades.

Happy that your Pokémon have survived, you smile a little, trying to turn your eyes away from the carnage before hearing a rustling behind you, a bush wobbling slightly. Standing your ground with your Pokémon slowly gathering beside you in attack mode, you see another shadowy outline burst through the brush, a tauros bigger than all the rest snorting. The alpha Tauros of the baby group it seems, stares you down for a few seconds with a glare before a red light evaporates around it, drawing it back into the bush. Sighing in relief, you sag slightly as your posture reveals just how exhausting the battle was.

Looking back to the brush, you see a group of people emerge, one in western world clothes while the rest seem native, much like the ones that captured you in the first place.

“Well, well, well. You're the famous Ben I suppose?” a woman wearing a DC top and dark jeans exclaims as you, holding the pokéball of the alpha male in her hand. “I'm Hannah. Daniel 's wife. I'm sure he's told you about us.....” she says before cutting off, seeing the body of Daniel behind you.

As she does, she rushes towards the body as you turn around, noticing the absence of both Houndoom and Sandslash as you remember Daniel's comical entrance and exit to the battle. As you do begin to remember back, you also realize that Hannah, who you first suspected to be a Miltank is both neither dead nor a miltank, rather, Daniel's wife. Seeing that she was alive and doing rather well for herself with the capture of a Tauros, you begin to concern about Daniel, the lack of movement during the entire battle.

As Hannah peers over the body, you notice Daniel's hand begin to twitch, the man fading back to life as he sees Hannah's face peering over him.

“I'm in heaven?” he asks before taking a look at his surroundings, seeing the grizzled battlefield, “Looks the same as Earth. Damn”

Chuckling, he sits up slowly with Hannah's help, smiling at you before hugging his wife. “I'm sorry”, he exclaims to you “I shouldn't have judged you. Did you kill all these Tauros by yourself?”

Shaking your head, you begin to explain the story, and after getting to the part of Daniel's exit Hannah laughs out loud before apologising for interrupting, giving her husband a few digs of the chest in a joking manor. At the point of the Houndoom and Sandslash's entrance, she stops and looks wide eyed, Daniel's eyebrows heightening with interest.

“Quick, get me the crystal” she shouts at one of the locals as they run off back beyond the bush, before turning back to you. “Where is the Houndoom? We need it”

Saying that you didn't know where it went, Hannah begins looking disappointed before another rustle is heard, Houndoom slowly revealing itself. Beaming, Hannah looks over to the arriving tribals as they hand over the crystal, noticing the Houndoom before bowing down on their knees, worshipping it as a deity.

“You need to fulfil your destiny, for the good of the forest.” Hannah explains “Touch this crystal and you'll be sent to wherever Chief Takanaka is hiding. Kill him there and then, or else this forest will be doomed. It seems Houndoom has taken a liking to you, and for this I must ask you to go back with it and one other Pokémon. Someone you can trust, and who can face Takanaka once and for all.”

Seems you've been asked to end the tribal warfare by killing the side of evil.

What will you do?


Winter Village: - Please reply in Light Blue

ShadowShocker: After a round of testing to see what your opponents were doing, you needed to be quick on your feet, gathering the Intel you needed to continue the battle and get the upper hand. With your Chatot reciting phrases to the amusement of the crowd, you once again go for another round, your usual tactic of power-housing not working in a tournament where everyone was around the same level.

Giving your orders, you look to the other side of the field as a time gap between you and your opponent becomes clear, your Pokémon moving into attacking positions while his were still reviving. Within a second, however, your opponents were ready, but it was too late for them to see their attacks through before yours, Chatot Signing a soothing song that travels over to the two ice-types, sending them into a lull as them, and a few of the audience in the front row, begin to drift off.

Using her Insomnia ability, Daphne remains awake as Daphnelooks to use a Role Play to copy the ice body of Snorunt, the ability being copied to the Drowzee for some significant energy. With the Drowzee panting somewhat heavy, Chatot begins her assault, diving into the Snorunt with its beak, dealing some good damage and throwing the small ice type backwards, waking it up in the process. Gathering its thoughts it gets its own back on the flying type as it retreats, gathering a Ball of snow together to harness the Weather, dealing some good super effective damage to the bird.

Having panted enough to grant it another attack, Daphne slashes Smoochum in the chest, dealing some decent damage which also wakes up the other ice-type up. Smoochum then gathers some water in its mouth, Water Pulsing Daphne as the water hits and freezes, leaving some ice on the chest of the Psychic type.

As the round comes to an end, you see a large figure in the background of the hill following another giant roar, the audience beginning to take notice of the figure. A few stomps later and the large figure is revealed to be a massive Piloswine, the size of the Pokémon to be twice the size of a regular Mamoswine. As the you and the audience stare in awe and the large Pokémon, you begin to wonder what it is doing down from the snowy camouflage of the summit, coming down to the villages. Within seconds of this, however, you see an army of Frosslass either side of it, all looking down on the stadium that you are battling in.

A few seconds of standing off pass before the elephant-like Pokémon stamps on the ground, creating a large gopher style tunnel to create under the ground which heads for the stadium, smashing a quarter off and sending the stadium to crash inwards as the audience scramble to break free of the crumbling side. As it does the other competitors, including those who have been knocked out, come rushing out to confront the damage.

“I'll go round up the injured and care for them” one pipes from the background, the fear in his voice apparent. “Who's with me?”

A few people agree as a group of 5 people strong run off towards the ruined corner, you stand tall with another 6 people; Jimmy, the champion, Jak and a few people who you hadn't met.

“That Piloswine could wreck the whole village. We have to stop it” the champion announces, grabbing his pokéballs from his pocket as Jimmy returns his Pokémon to their balls before grabbing some new ones. As you realize that you have to do the same, you turn around to see Daphne and Chatot knocked out unconscious, the Piloswine's earth power must have gone further and knocked out your Pokémon through power and shrapnel. As you withdraw them, you look towards your belt and realize that not only have you left your large leveled Pokémon with Nurse Joy, your first round Pokémon are also recovering in the pokécentre with Charmander and Chimchar the only ones left.

Seems you've been asked to stop the Piloswine, but to get to them you may have to go through some Frosslass.

What will you do?


Volcano Research Institute: - Please reply in DarkRed

DarkFire: 'Suppose you're wondering who I am' the man spoke, a chilling shiver ran down your spine as he spoke; almost as if he was confident in his own ability to freak you out. You nod as you set yourself up for battling, Apollo standing tall as he bears his teeth, trying to put off the opponent, though it seemed not to be working.

'I am Cul'tofh' he said, playing with the flame on his fingers, clicking them to make the flame taller before they died down, a smile on his face. 'I worked with the locals when they were just monkeys, guiding them to food and showing them how to capture these creatures. It was a good world, and then they turned on me, trapping me in this damn prison. But now I take my own back. For five years I've been subconsciously training these Pokémon to set me free, but a child does it in their wake.'

He stopped flicking his fingers and clenched them in anger; the ball of fire that surrounded them growing to a large size as you felt the heat from your side of the field. Apollo took two steps back as he did, the heat being too much as the Combusken revelled in it, opening its claws to reveal some very sharp claws which shined with the heat. You knew how dangerous Combusken could be, but this one was definitely different, you could see it in its eyes, but you thought that a millennia of captivity would do that for Pokémon.

As you blurted your orders, the man did the same as the Pokémon stood in silence, Apollo making the first move. As if it wanted to lose the stand-off, Combusken stood still, waiting for the attack to come as Apollo began to expend lots of energy to Magnet Rise, leveling him above ground for an aerial advantage and keeping his legs from the super effective ground.

As soon as Apollo had finished, however, the Combusken moved back on its heels before moving, your eyes struggling to keep up with the speed. With the few glances you managed to see of it, you saw the Combusken approaching Apollo as the electric dog Double Teamed but within a few seconds, a Double Kick had managed to get rid of both clones before a Blaze Kick connected with the floating dog, the attack catching him by surprise.

For a few seconds, it's almost as if things slow down, Apollo taking the kick to the chest as it falls to the ground, skidding along the rocky floor and sliding down to the line, just managing to stay on the field and avoid a flamethrower from the surrounding Slugma.

As Apollo got up and steadied itself, it shook off the pain before launching a Swift attack at the combusken, the stars all hitting the standing-still Combusken, again the bird refusing to move out of the way, almost as if it was trained to take all the attacks. With the swift finishing, Combusken merely extends one hand, flicking it back and forth like a 'come hither' sign as it Focused its Energy.

What will you do?



The Lost city of Itonou: - Please reply in Red

Handymankg2: Waking from your slumber with a limp pain tingling at your side, you soon realize the events that unfolded before, the three men who invaded the site, causing damage and pain to you. With memories flooding back, you soon begin to look at the other members of your team and apologise to them, the men graciously accepting your apologies.

Your eyes begin to survey the surroundings, of course, as you're met with the wag-y tail and dripping tongue of a Growlithe, your knowledge of the loyal dogs coming in handy as your head returns to normal. One wet slimy lick on the cheek later and you try to stand up, falling on the first try as your legs turn to jelly, being caught by Clark as he props you up against one shoulder.

Noticing your companion gone, you quickly ask if Croagunk would be okay out of its Pokéball, which Peter responds to, nodding his head as Bruce raises his eyebrows, still having not seen eye to eye with the poison frog. With Zubat, Growlithe and Spinarak all coupled round their owners feet and heads, the Pokémon seem to play as Rick, Peter and Bruce speak to you, agreeing that you should accompany them into the deepest part of the city.

“We know a shortcut” Rick says as his Growlithe stops playing instantly and pricks his ears up, knowing that the orders were yet to come. “Yip!”

The Growlithe darts off as you regain the senses in your leg, following in a slightly slower pursuit. Noticing that you are limping slightly as you run, the Growlithe slows down a bit, sniffing the floor as it finds a path, stopping a few hundreds yards to wait as he wags his tail before moving as you catch up.

Turns, straights, turns and even more turns find you as you carry on through the caverns, attempting to catch up with the other men before they can manage to avoid you and hide back into their place, away from prying eyes for another attack. As you do, however, the group gets a few yards ahead of you before a crumbling sound reaches your ears before some rocks block off your path. Trying to find a way around the wall of rocks, you slam your fists on the rocks, but they don't budge.

“Sit tight, we'll try and get you out” Bruce shouts through the wall as you sit tight before hearing shuddering footsteps clang off the ground. Turning around, your eyes are drawn to a large rock creature, boulders making up a round body of a Golem who roars in anger before Throwing some Rocks at your head, a quick duck saving yourself.

What will you do?

Last edited by Treepandaone; 08-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #283
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: Realizing that the Pokémon world was not the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows that you once thought it was you begin to reminisce about the other adventures you had served in, the memories of horror flooding back to you of the Pokémon world. Laying one hand over your mouth at the scenes that unfolded, you could not help but hold back a cry at the killing of three Pokémon. Realizing that while life may be sacred, it would be better for the entire community under the banner of the forest that these menace be disposed of you begin to think about your own safety; kill or be killed was now in your mind as it had been in the Shadow Tauros' this entire battle.

Seeing the tide of battle turn in your favour with the disposal of three of the Tauros, it had now become a four on one situation. While this may have been the case, you were still wary that the increase in tiring moves had put a strain on yourself and others as Krabby settled for a quick one round rest, Houndoom and Sandslash also doing similar things. Looking over to the Houndoom, it nods at with its tongue stuck out, panting heavily as it tries to increase it oxygen levels with bated breaths. Sandslash, on the other hand, was taking more spiritual approach, creating a triangular symbol with the blood to suggest an ancient prayer, kneeling down beside the kill with two claws facing the sky.

Grasping your hands together in a clench, you witness the evolution of both of your Pokémon, Keo transforming into a much larger crustacean, its large pincers clicking together with power. Forteo, on the other hand, also transforms, gaining a much larger form as it's outer layer becomes as hard as steel, turning a red colour and gaining spiky shell; the transformation now turning it into a Forretress.

With the evolution complete, Forretress now looks like it has the slight upper hand, the transformation giving it a little more energy and power than before. Giving your orders with this in mind, you call out with hope as Forretress' eyes turn to slits, narrowing on its targets before jumping with heavy clanks as it hops towards Tauros. Not one to be taken lightly, the shadow tauros also runs into the middle as they both look to attack with return. As they do meet, the two attacks collide with a massive explosion, the damage being done to both sides as they're thrown backwards, lying still for a few seconds.

However, with the evolution, Forteo manages to rise a little quicker than Tauros, gathering two balls in front of its face, one being a flash cannon while the other a zap cannon. Intertwining the energy attacks, the electric / steel ball becomes the size of Forteo before it's launched at the Tauros as it just manages to stand up, hitting it square in the ribs as a terrible crunching noise is heard of bones folding. Neighing in agony, the Tauros collapses in a bloody heap, dead, just like it's comrades.

Happy that your Pokémon have survived, you smile a little, trying to turn your eyes away from the carnage before hearing a rustling behind you, a bush wobbling slightly. Standing your ground with your Pokémon slowly gathering beside you in attack mode, you see another shadowy outline burst through the brush, a tauros bigger than all the rest snorting. The alpha Tauros of the baby group it seems, stares you down for a few seconds with a glare before a red light evaporates around it, drawing it back into the bush. Sighing in relief, you sag slightly as your posture reveals just how exhausting the battle was.

Looking back to the brush, you see a group of people emerge, one in western world clothes while the rest seem native, much like the ones that captured you in the first place.

“Well, well, well. You're the famous Ben I suppose?” a woman wearing a DC top and dark jeans exclaims as you, holding the pokéball of the alpha male in her hand. “I'm Hannah. Daniel 's wife. I'm sure he's told you about us.....” she says before cutting off, seeing the body of Daniel behind you.

As she does, she rushes towards the body as you turn around, noticing the absence of both Houndoom and Sandslash as you remember Daniel's comical entrance and exit to the battle. As you do begin to remember back, you also realize that Hannah, who you first suspected to be a Miltank is both neither dead nor a miltank, rather, Daniel's wife. Seeing that she was alive and doing rather well for herself with the capture of a Tauros, you begin to concern about Daniel, the lack of movement during the entire battle.

As Hannah peers over the body, you notice Daniel's hand begin to twitch, the man fading back to life as he sees Hannah's face peering over him.

“I'm in heaven?” he asks before taking a look at his surroundings, seeing the grizzled battlefield, “Looks the same as Earth. Damn”

Chuckling, he sits up slowly with Hannah's help, smiling at you before hugging his wife. “I'm sorry”, he exclaims to you “I shouldn't have judged you. Did you kill all these Tauros by yourself?”

Shaking your head, you begin to explain the story, and after getting to the part of Daniel's exit Hannah laughs out loud before apologising for interrupting, giving her husband a few digs of the chest in a joking manor. At the point of the Houndoom and Sandslash's entrance, she stops and looks wide eyed, Daniel's eyebrows heightening with interest.

“Quick, get me the crystal” she shouts at one of the locals as they run off back beyond the bush, before turning back to you. “Where is the Houndoom? We need it”

Saying that you didn't know where it went, Hannah begins looking disappointed before another rustle is heard, Houndoom slowly revealing itself. Beaming, Hannah looks over to the arriving tribals as they hand over the crystal, noticing the Houndoom before bowing down on their knees, worshipping it as a deity.

“You need to fulfil your destiny, for the good of the forest.” Hannah explains “Touch this crystal and you'll be sent to wherever Chief Takanaka is hiding. Kill him there and then, or else this forest will be doomed. It seems Houndoom has taken a liking to you, and for this I must ask you to go back with it and one other Pokémon. Someone you can trust, and who can face Takanaka once and for all.”

Seems you've been asked to end the tribal warfare by killing the side of evil.

What will you do?
“Where is the Houndoom? We need it!”

In the Volcanic Mountain region’s Sacred Forest, the trainer Benjamin Hale bolted in surprise as the mysterious Houndoom suddenly reappeared from between some nearby bushes. Ben hadn’t seen it disappear and didn’t know where it had gone. He wondered why it chose to return, since the battle to protect the forest from the Shadow Tauros was finally over and they were safe. Ben couldn’t begin to guess what Hannah wanted it for. While he was still thinking these things over, the tribesmen returned. Upon seeing the dark canine, they immediately bowed as one in reverence to it, causing Ben to gape his mouth in astonishment. It was clear to the boy that this Houndoom was no ordinary Pokemon.

Having received the crystal from the tribesmen, Hannah quickly outlined Ben’s mission. The boy listened intently. Shock and amazement filled him as the woman spoke of his destiny and the power of the crystal.

“You need to fulfill your destiny, for the good of the forest,” Hannah explained. “Touch this crystal and you'll be sent to wherever Chief Takanaka is hiding. Kill him there and then, or else this forest will be doomed. It seems Houndoom has taken a liking to you, and for this I must ask you to go back with it and one other Pokémon. Someone you can trust, and who can face Takanaka once and for all.”

Ben gulped nervously, wiping the beads of sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. The thought of killing was making him sick again. All at once, he felt incredibly dizzy. He tried to steady himself by resting a hand on the trunk of a nearby tree, but it didn’t help. He vomited on the ground, clutched at his stomach with his free arm, then wretched again. The bitter burning taste remained in his mouth. Keo and Forteo shared a worried look.

Ben had already been through so much with his Pokemon, more than he could have ever anticipated. They had narrowly escaped death at the horns and hooves of the Shadow Tauros, but unfortunately had found no other choice than to slay the tainted beasts in order to protect themselves. Now Ben was being asked to kill again; this time not in self-defense. Hannah wanted him to go offensive, take the fight to Takanaka, and bring an end to his evil tyranny.

Ben knew that Takanaka had to be stopped, but he wasn’t at all eager to deal out death in judgment. It didn’t seem right to the boy that he should be the one to make that decision, especially since he knew he wasn’t wise enough to see all the ends. He wished that none of this had happened. If only there were some other way…

After a moment of further contemplation, Ben nodded resolutely and spoke. “Alright, I will go with Houndoom, although I don’t think I can kill Chief Takanaka.”

He turned to his Pokemon partners, scratched, bruised, and exhausted. He had asked so much of them already. They had evolved into their final stages simultaneously to defend him and Daniel. Thanking them sincerely for loyalty and complimenting them on their hard work, Ben returned them to their Pokeballs. As he deposited the pair of capture capsules into the messenger bag he had slung across his back, he withdrew another shiny steel-covered one, held it out at arm’s length, and tapped the round trigger switch.

A stream of brilliant white light burst forth from the containment orb, morphing itself into the form of a plump, russet coloured dinosaur before fading, revealing the skull-capped Pokemon, Cubone, Roneo clutched his heavy bone club tightly, narrowed his eyes into slits, and silently surveyed all those assembled, his head lifting slightly when his gaze fell upon Houndoom. Roneo, too, realized that the devil dog was no ordinary Pokemon. Ben quickly outlined the situation for his tiny partner,, then nodded to Hannah that they were ready.

“Roneo will be coming with us. If I can stop Takanaka without killing him, I will.”

Putting on a determined expression, Ben reached out his arm towards the waiting crystal…

____________________________________________



Last edited by Hayward; 01-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Hayward is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #284
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
Mt Ferit- Mountain of Craters

Battlecrater: Mt Ferit has not erupted for many, many years, and deep craters lie in the mountain from times past. One of these has been converted into a huge natural stadium, the Rocky, sandy surfaces being excellent for battles. Many tournaments are held here and many advanced trainers come here to compete against the best.
It has been a while since the incident at the Forest of Adventure, and Balmund had all but completely gotten over it by now. He had met new friends along the way and now was time for relief and entertainment. The Battelcrater attracted many talented trainers who wished to test their mettle against the best, and while Balmund considered himself to be quite talented himself, his main interest today was that of a spectator.

Crawling over his shoulder was Kerrigan, the rare Spelarva. The small, neon green worm had only recently joined Balmund's squad as he explored Mt. Ferit's caverns, and he had hoped to bond with her further today.

"Well, sweetie," he said as glanced over her, "how about we go get ourselves some tickets then?"

Kerrigan nodded shyly, not sure what to expect, but she sure was curious about what was up next.
__________________

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 08-13-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Balmund is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #285
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
The Oasis: An Oasis, with palm trees and sand, as well as a large pool of fresh water. Many pokemon gather here to drink, and many trainers like to train their pokemon here, although most pokemon are not looking for a fight. There are also several tree dwellers in addition to the usual desert loving pokemon.
Karmas had wanted a change of pace, to get away from the normal places that he adventured in. When he had heard about the Oasis, the trainer just couldn't give up the opportunity. As he walked to his destination two of Karmas' pokemon followed him. The first was his Skiploom, Cotton, and waddling behind the flying pokemon was his Lileep, Tellah. It was the first adventure that either of the pokemon had ever had, and they seemed truly excited about it.

"How are you going back there guys?" asked Karmas.

Cotton responded by flipping upside down in the air, expressing her happiness with long 'Skiploooooom's. Tellah, being the enigmatic pokemon that he was, merely responded by waving his tentacles up and down. Karmas smiled at them and continued walking, awaiting the adventure that they inevitably find themselves in.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline  
Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #286
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!
 
Handymankg2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,600
Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone
The Lost city of Itonou: - Please reply in Red

Handymankg2: Waking from your slumber with a limp pain tingling at your side, you soon realize the events that unfolded before, the three men who invaded the site, causing damage and pain to you. With memories flooding back, you soon begin to look at the other members of your team and apologise to them, the men graciously accepting your apologies.

Your eyes begin to survey the surroundings, of course, as you're met with the wag-y tail and dripping tongue of a Growlithe, your knowledge of the loyal dogs coming in handy as your head returns to normal. One wet slimy lick on the cheek later and you try to stand up, falling on the first try as your legs turn to jelly, being caught by Clark as he props you up against one shoulder.

Noticing your companion gone, you quickly ask if Croagunk would be okay out of its Pokéball, which Peter responds to, nodding his head as Bruce raises his eyebrows, still having not seen eye to eye with the poison frog. With Zubat, Growlithe and Spinarak all coupled round their owners feet and heads, the Pokémon seem to play as Rick, Peter and Bruce speak to you, agreeing that you should accompany them into the deepest part of the city.

“We know a shortcut” Rick says as his Growlithe stops playing instantly and pricks his ears up, knowing that the orders were yet to come. “Yip!”

The Growlithe darts off as you regain the senses in your leg, following in a slightly slower pursuit. Noticing that you are limping slightly as you run, the Growlithe slows down a bit, sniffing the floor as it finds a path, stopping a few hundreds yards to wait as he wags his tail before moving as you catch up.

Turns, straights, turns and even more turns find you as you carry on through the caverns, attempting to catch up with the other men before they can manage to avoid you and hide back into their place, away from prying eyes for another attack. As you do, however, the group gets a few yards ahead of you before a crumbling sound reaches your ears before some rocks block off your path. Trying to find a way around the wall of rocks, you slam your fists on the rocks, but they don't budge.

“Sit tight, we'll try and get you out” Bruce shouts through the wall as you sit tight before hearing shuddering footsteps clang off the ground. Turning around, your eyes are drawn to a large rock creature, boulders making up a round body of a Golem who roars in anger before Throwing some Rocks at your head, a quick duck saving yourself.

What will you do?
I'm assuming Croagunk will have been trapped my side of the rubble.

Smiling as Peter nods, Rick quickly grasped the orb containing his poisonous companion, and released the shape of his Croagunk onto the room's floor. Sirius looked around the room briefly and located Bruce, his eyes slightly narrowing whilst still managing to keep his general persona. Rick chuckled; if Sirius had any bad feelings about the fight that had just occurred, he certainly wasn't showing it. This was probably for the best. A depressed Pokemon has no use to anybody bar the depressed. Amused, Rick eyed the three Pokemon of his current allies, Bruce, Peter and Clark, playing eagerly around. He beckoned for Sirius to go join them, and the Croagunk did so, wandering over whilst keeping his eyes fixed on Bruce and simply standing there, not involving himself at all. Rick allowed a second chuckle.

His attention turned from Croagunk to the voice of the new figure, Clark, who stated that the group knew a short cut. Perfect; the sooner they caught up and apprehended these people, the better, in Rick's opinion. Clark then spoke to his Growlithe, and though it was only one word, the Pokemon understood completely, darting off as Rick began to follow, grabbing and pulling his Croagunk away from Bruce as he went. It was amazing how the frog had managed to gravitate himself towards the trainer without anyone even noticing in the slightest. Worrying, but amazing.

The Growlithe seemed to notice that Rick was limping, and as such slowed down a bit, sniffing the floor in the typical way a hound would, using his advanced sense of smell in order to find the short cut, stopping every few hundred yards to wait for Rick, before starting to move ahead again as Rick drew close, tail wagging as he goes.

The caverns shift as Rick and Sirius moved on, changing from turns to straights, more turns and then even more turns as they made their way on through, Sirius simply focussing now on walking ahead as the pair naturally fell into the same speed, as is a perfectly normal thing when two people move together. Rick's leg was managing to move along, but it prevented him from going exceptionally quickly, an annoyance when he needed to catch them very soon. As Rick moved alongside his companion, the group got ahead of him and Sirius, before a light crumbling sound was heard. Suddenly, rocks fell down from above and slammed into the ground, building up a wall to block him and Croagunk's progression through.

“Damn” Rick murmured, “we'll never catch them now.” A slight comforting echo of words from Bruce came through the wall behind him, but he doubted they'd be quick enough to catch up to the villains now. As if that wasn't a problem enough, Rick turned to find the angry shape of a large rock creature standing there. The Golem roared as Rick quickly found his own anger rising. This was important, dammit. Why did things always occur precisely when they shouldn't have. The Golem picked up a rock and flung it flying forwards through the air, Rick having to duck as the rock collided into the wall. Rick decided to try to negotiate first, as he really wasn't in the mood to fight.

“I'm sorry for any intrusion me and my friends have caused. If you help me lift these rocks out of the way, we'll be out of your hair forever.” He smiled, knowing that the Pokemon wouldn't understand him, he decided to bring out a little persuasion, a Wiki Berry being placed in his hand as he smiled at the Golem. Just in case, he murmured to his companion Pokemon. “If the Golem continues to attack, try your best to fend him off for now. I'll send Remus out to help if it turns nasty. Astonish him, then Seismic Toss. Finish with a Double Team to preserve your safety.” Rick returned his smile to the Golem, keeping the berry thrust out in front of him as he hoped, preying it would be enough.
Handymankg2 is offline  
Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #287
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
Sorry for the lateness, no excuse really, just lazyness. Oh well, nobody else is going faster so :P

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: Making your decision to preserve yourself from making the killing blow, Hannah's look falls to Houndoom as it nods, seemingly accepting the grievous task of killing Takanaka. Growling towards Daniel, he stumbles around in his pockets before pulling out a small chain with a spiked star pendant, attaching it around Houndoom's neck to fashion a rudimentary collar. Upon inspection you notice how old it is, and the wear and tear of it makes it seem like it has been used countless times. Giving Daniel a look his quickly spluts out the origin of the collar.

“We've met before, Houndoom and I” he explains “I was attacked by a group of Ariados, me and Machamp. I thought I was a goner but Houndoom saved me. I made it this collar for it but I found it in the forest a few months ago. I've only just finished repairing it”

As he finishes the story, your attention once again turns to Houndoom, who signals towards the crystal. So pre-occupied with other things, you seem to have forgotten that your path has already been laid out for you and you begin to get nervous. Slowly but surely you approach the crystal, presented on a golden pillow from the tribesmen.

Your hand hovers over the crystal for a few seconds, both Houndoom and Zangoose looking resolved and tough next to you. A few seconds later and you take the plunge, your finger touching the crystal as everything goes hazy.

You close your eyes as you become lightheaded, staggering around before opening them, finding yourself in a clearance. While you try to get back to normal, you lean against a tree, making some rustling. Within a few minutes, however, you regain your balance as you hear some noise in the bushes, remembering what Hannah said about returning to Takanaka's position.

Wandering through the jungle stopping to listen to the rustle, you notice some figures through a bush, crouching down as you get closer before noticing yourself! Trying to work out what is going on, you notice Hyneo is still a Poochyana. As you move in for a closer look, the grass rustles beneath your feet and Hyneo stops. Remembering the events that happened at the start of the day, you know that Hyneo notices something in the shadow and you come over to have a look.

Keeping a low profile, you hide in the bush while trying to shush Hyneo, your fingers to your lips as it stares at you, confused as to which it's master is. You hear the rustle of feet once more as you notice yourself staring into the undergrowth, but a few seconds silence soon divides your clone to another location as you breath a sigh of relief.

Replaying the events through, you wait until the past you has collected the infected Miltank, removing himself from Takanaka's presence. As you wait to see the actions out, you soon find out why he wasn't there when you returned when the map tore. As soon as you're out the picture, Takanaka orders his troupe out from the forst as a Kadabra picks up all the gear using a Pyschic before moving everything, making it seem as if nobody was there.

A brisk and stealthy walk following the Chief and you find yourself a few miles away from the original campsite.

“So you survived the Tauros then?” he shouts as he takes his place, “Ben, why don't you come out of wherever you're hiding?”

Noticing you've not been spotted, you remain still to keep yourself hidden, suspecting it may either be a wild guess or that stealth is the best option but a familiar point on the back of your neck. Forcing you to march out into the open, the Chief looks at you and laughs, noticing the Houndoom.

“Revenge is best served fair” he chuckles sadisticly “Two vs. Two. I would assume that crystal of yours gave you one Pokémon and Houndoom here has already met my Pokémon” he finishes as Ursaring growls confidently.

As he finishes, his hand throws another Pokémon to reveal a Harriyama.

What will you do?.


The Battlecrater: - Please reply in Brown

Balmund: Being new to adventuring and finishing with a incident in what seems like a long forgotten time ago, you and your rarest and newest companion pick up a map from the nearest travel advisor, avoiding the crazed trainer in the corner, offering a caged and beaten Swablu for 'THREE CANDIES' and trying to get you to vote for something you can only assume is a green card for a friend.

With the map in front of you, you carefully follow the guides down the tailored path until you come to a giant crater , a gap in the mountainside the width of three snorlax's and the height of two. As you approach the mountain you see two kids around your age running inside, laughing as they did so.

Getting right up to the mountain gates, you see someone who stops you checking you over for weapons or other malicious attacking instruments. “Sorry kid, we've been giving a tip-off that someone's going to try and take over this crater as a stronghold” he says in a gruff tone, double checking your backpack before moving you on.

With no-one around you follow the inside of the mountain, a small rock path shows you through, the guide giving you all sorts of facts and legends about the crater, the most foremost being that there is a stream of lava said to be hundreds of feet down but no concrete evidence has ever been found as no-one is willing to give up the prime battling facility to test the theory.

Going through another large hole in the mountain you come face to face with the massive arena, the crater spanning many miles as the battling is already underway. Seeing a helpful map on your left, you see the friendly section of the battle being closest to you, the intermediate stages being a few battlefields down and an advanced section being the last. This however, it out shadowed by the premium tournament poster below it.

As you scan the tournament details, you notice that entry is free and though you may only be interested in watching you quickly pick up your gear and run for the location, heading past countless battles and battlers to get there. However, when you get there, you see one man waving before leaving the field as an announcer begins speaking.

“Thank you for watching ladies and gentlemen and that concludes round one. Round two will begin shortly. If you wish, the trade center is down the hall and will be able to provide many goods that sponsor and help the Crater Battling League as founded in 1971” Seems you've got some time to kill until the second round.

What will you do?


The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: With two grass types ensue, you continue your adventures in the land of Fizzy Bubbles, wanting a change of pace from the usual stories of mishap, betrayals and general ignorance from the public that seems to happen around here, and while many mean well it always seems to turn into something undesirable.

Never-the-less, you put aside your views of the 'adventures' of past and focus on the now, the sun shining on your back as you trundle down the peaceful Oasis path, trees of exotic design swaying on the cool breeze you had now familiarized yourself with, the same source of power that was allowing Cotton to stay in the air for so long as she extended her call in enjoyment.

As you move along a 'whooshing' sound comes from above and as you look up, a large bird like Pokémon flies overheard, massive in size and dark as the sun refracts to block your view to see what kind of Pokémon it is.

This does, however, give unintended consequences as the blast from said Pokémon pushes an under-gust against the carefree Cotton, blowing her quickly. Trying to grab her, you slip and fall over before getting up, running after Cotton as you go through several bushes and past several trees; avoiding anything that looks slightly dangerous but still upkeeping with Cotton's

With another strong gust blowing at your back you stick one hand out as you dive for Cotton, missing by mere inches as it gets swept up in the wind, heading off in an unseen direction as you fall to the ground with a slam, bouncing off the floor with a crunch.

Slightly winded, but still able to move, you check to see nothings broken before looking around. Just behind you, Tellah waves its tentacles as it slowly makes its way towards you, before a dash of black sweeps it up from next to you and what looks like a Primeape carrys it over its shoulder off into the distance before you can sputter out commands to prevent it.

It looks like it's one of those days, as the usually friendly Pokémon of the Oasis have become aggressive, but you wonder what could have caused it. With the last remembered direction of Cotton floating away in the North, you hear a distinct call of a monkey Pokémon in the South.

What will you do?


The Lost city of Itonou: - Please reply in Red

Handymankg2: Finding yourself trapped in a caved in space with an angry Golem was not something you had hoped for when Clark mentioned the short cut that was so profusely abundant without the use of Growlithe, yet it was to be expected in the lost city. With so many years of humans living on the outside over fears of such high leveled Pokémon, the Pokémon inside the city grew and grew, their own meta-culture helped keep more humans out as they leveled faster than many of their counterparts in more populated areas.

But now was not the time to considered the rarity and level of Pokémon in such a situation as the Golem began to get mad. You, however, remained calm and did the thing that you knew best, trying to please aggressive and pissed off Pokémon. Well, maybe not the best, but certainly one of the better qualities anyway. Pulling a Wiki Berry from your sack, you hold it out in your palm, showing the giant mass of rock that you are a companion.

It seems to respond to this as its facial expression drops from one of anger into one of compassion, the sorrow of its face is clearly visible as it gently removes the wiki berry from your hand, as it it had been practiced in the art of gentle actions, though this could also be because of the exclusivity of said paths and the high leveled trainers that enter further in could command a higher respect from the Pokémon who rarely see them.

Turning your attention to the Golem, the Pokémon scoots down and drops the berry, the unusual shape allowing it to take a fall as it rolls gently; the Golem's face lighting up at the rolling, however, when it stops the Golem looks confused, gently tapping the top of the berry before realizing it was not what it thought it was as it stands up a roars.

Turning towards you, the visible anger on its face comes into light as you think you spot a rock vein almost popping, but when you look again you can't find it. Luckily for you though, you've already though this far ahead as your finger presses the button of the Pokéball you had in your hand, releasing a Breloom onto the rocky terrain, the grass fighting Pokémon quickly engaging in combat.

Darting into the Golem's side, Breloom connects a small fist to the rocky exterior of the Gome, causing it to try and look around at what side it was hit, the mass and stubby body of the Golem not managing to catch Remus in the act as it looks Astonished at what hit it as hard, causing it to become confused.

With Remus now behind the Golem, it tries to lift the 661.4 lb monster, though to little success having just 86.4 lb itself. Feeling the Pokémon trying to lift it, Golem becomes un-confused as it grabs Remus' arms from behind, making a pillar of rocks as it Rock Climbs up to the top, throwing the grass-type down with some force.

With Remus falling, Golem roars again as you hear the noise of quicker work coming from behind you, the trio obviously fearing for your safety and so putting more effort it. Remus hits the floor with a sickening crunch, its back bouncing off the tough floor from such a height while the Golem remains up top. Within a few seconds, however, Golem looks down, seeing Remus lie in such a position as it jumps like a spring board diver, curling up into a ball, the Defense Curl providing a such a heavy weight that could potentially kill and flatten Remus.

As it starts, you yell out to the semi-conscious Remus, its eyes closed until the Golem had started jumping, flicking into a state of panic as it Double Teamed mere mili-seconds before the Golem hit. As you looked into the newly formed crater expecting to see your companion dead, you notice that the Golem in fact hit a clone, the Breloom managing to create the image of it staying in the middle as it got out of the way, slumped against a corner.

With the recoil of the attack affecting Golem, despite the defense curl's added defense, Breloom begins to stand up as Golem slowly stands up as well, 85% shown above the crater as its legs are deep in the rock bed, showing just how hard it hit the floor and how lucky Remus is.

What will you do?

Last edited by Treepandaone; 09-05-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #288
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Sorry for the lateness, no excuse really, just lazyness. Oh well, nobody else is going faster so :P

The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: Making your decision to preserve yourself from making the killing blow, Hannah's look falls to Houndoom as it nods, seemingly accepting the grievous task of killing Takanaka. Growling towards Daniel, he stumbles around in his pockets before pulling out a small chain with a spiked star pendant, attaching it around Houndoom's neck to fashion a rudimentary collar. Upon inspection you notice how old it is, and the wear and tear of it makes it seem like it has been used countless times. Giving Daniel a look his quickly spluts out the origin of the collar.

“We've met before, Houndoom and I” he explains “I was attacked by a group of Ariados, me and Machamp. I thought I was a goner but Houndoom saved me. I made it this collar for it but I found it in the forest a few months ago. I've only just finished repairing it”

As he finishes the story, your attention once again turns to Houndoom, who signals towards the crystal. So pre-occupied with other things, you seem to have forgotten that your path has already been laid out for you and you begin to get nervous. Slowly but surely you approach the crystal, presented on a golden pillow from the tribesmen.

Your hand hovers over the crystal for a few seconds, both Houndoom and Zangoose looking resolved and tough next to you. A few seconds later and you take the plunge, your finger touching the crystal as everything goes hazy.

You close your eyes as you become lightheaded, staggering around before opening them, finding yourself in a clearance. While you try to get back to normal, you lean against a tree, making some rustling. Within a few minutes, however, you regain your balance as you hear some noise in the bushes, remembering what Hannah said about returning to Takanaka's position.

Wandering through the jungle stopping to listen to the rustle, you notice some figures through a bush, crouching down as you get closer before noticing yourself! Trying to work out what is going on, you notice Hyneo is still a Poochyana. As you move in for a closer look, the grass rustles beneath your feet and Hyneo stops. Remembering the events that happened at the start of the day, you know that Hyneo notices something in the shadow and you come over to have a look.

Keeping a low profile, you hide in the bush while trying to shush Hyneo, your fingers to your lips as it stares at you, confused as to which it's master is. You hear the rustle of feet once more as you notice yourself staring into the undergrowth, but a few seconds silence soon divides your clone to another location as you breath a sigh of relief.

Replaying the events through, you wait until the past you has collected the infected Miltank, removing himself from Takanaka's presence. As you wait to see the actions out, you soon find out why he wasn't there when you returned when the map tore. As soon as you're out the picture, Takanaka orders his troupe out from the forst as a Kadabra picks up all the gear using a Pyschic before moving everything, making it seem as if nobody was there.

A brisk and stealthy walk following the Chief and you find yourself a few miles away from the original campsite.

“So you survived the Tauros then?” he shouts as he takes his place, “Ben, why don't you come out of wherever you're hiding?”

Noticing you've not been spotted, you remain still to keep yourself hidden, suspecting it may either be a wild guess or that stealth is the best option but a familiar point on the back of your neck. Forcing you to march out into the open, the Chief looks at you and laughs, noticing the Houndoom.

“Revenge is best served fair” he chuckles sadisticly “Two vs. Two. I would assume that crystal of yours gave you one Pokémon and Houndoom here has already met my Pokémon” he finishes as Ursaring growls confidently.

As he finishes, his hand throws another Pokémon to reveal a Harriyama.

What will you do?.
In the Volcanic Mountain's Sacred Forest, Chief Takanaka let out an evil laugh. "Revenge is best served fair," he bellowed. "Two vs. Two. I would assume that crystal of yours gave you one Pokemon?"

It had; and Ben knew full well the cruel dictator had seen the Cubone nearby, but nonetheless he remained silent. He knew better than to exchange words with someone like Takanaka. The boy was determined to keep a level head, not lose his temper, and be ready for anything. His experience thus far had taught him that the massive Chief could not be trusted.

While Ben had to focus on keeping his cool and controlling the anxiety brought on by the impending skirmish, the Pokemon at his side was a completely different story. A recent addition to the boy's team, Roneo calmly awaited the boy's directions. Sensing that battle was near, Roneo clutched tightly to its heavy bone club, and fixed the tribal tyrant with a determined gaze. It would have been impossible for an onlooker to ascertain what the plump little dinosaur was thinking or feeling. The expression on Roneo's face could not be seen beneath the heavily skull he wore as a helmet.

Looking to bolster his squad, Ben had recently recruited the lonely Pokemon, but admittedly knew very little of its mysterious past beyond that it was an orphan and that it was skilled at attacking with its signature weapon. With the help of his Pokedex, he had studied up on his new companion's strengths, weaknesses, and attacks, and knew he would have to devise a strategy based around Cubone's physical prowess.

"Houndoom here has already met my Pokemon," Chief Takanaka taunted, his maniacal laughter ringing in Ben's ears. The enormous Ursaring Ben encountered earlier let out a mighty roar as it sauntered toward Ben and his comrades. With the flick of the wrist, Chief Takanaka tossed out another Pokeball that burst into a fountain of light, before melting into the mountainous form of a muscular sumo wrestler, finally fading to reveal the Guts Pokemon, Hariyama. It looked like things were shaping up to be a regular David vs. Goliath match.

And so it has come to this at last, Ben thought to himself. A showdown against the merciless warlord Takanaka in the heart of the Sacred Forest. Ben momentarily turned to Roneo. This was not going to be an easy fight, but the boy knew his Pokemon would not back down from the challenge. Ben knew the situation was dire and hollered out encouragement to Roneo, telling it to rely on its inner toughness. Almost as if he had sensed nervousness in Ben, Cubone turned and gave him a sudden, solemn nod. A slight smile played at the edge of Ben's lips as he realized Roneo was trying to tell him not to worry. Ben quickly returned the gesture, and Roneo turned his attention back toward their opponents, a look of confidence in its eyes.

"Look sharp now, mate!" Ben hollered, sending the undersized Cubone forth to battle. "Hariyama is yours! Tail Whip!"

Roneo narrowed its eyes into slits and adopted a combat stance as Ben continued issuing instructions. "Swords Dance! Then get in close and go with Iron Tail!"


___________________________________________



Last edited by Hayward; 01-04-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Hayward is offline  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #289
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Battlecrater: - Please reply in Brown

Balmund: Being new to adventuring and finishing with a incident in what seems like a long forgotten time ago, you and your rarest and newest companion pick up a map from the nearest travel advisor, avoiding the crazed trainer in the corner, offering a caged and beaten Swablu for 'THREE CANDIES' and trying to get you to vote for something you can only assume is a green card for a friend.

With the map in front of you, you carefully follow the guides down the tailored path until you come to a giant crater , a gap in the mountainside the width of three snorlax's and the height of two. As you approach the mountain you see two kids around your age running inside, laughing as they did so.

Getting right up to the mountain gates, you see someone who stops you checking you over for weapons or other malicious attacking instruments. “Sorry kid, we've been giving a tip-off that someone's going to try and take over this crater as a stronghold” he says in a gruff tone, double checking your backpack before moving you on.

With no-one around you follow the inside of the mountain, a small rock path shows you through, the guide giving you all sorts of facts and legends about the crater, the most foremost being that there is a stream of lava said to be hundreds of feet down but no concrete evidence has ever been found as no-one is willing to give up the prime battling facility to test the theory.

Going through another large hole in the mountain you come face to face with the massive arena, the crater spanning many miles as the battling is already underway. Seeing a helpful map on your left, you see the friendly section of the battle being closest to you, the intermediate stages being a few battlefields down and an advanced section being the last. This however, it out shadowed by the premium tournament poster below it.

As you scan the tournament details, you notice that entry is free and though you may only be interested in watching you quickly pick up your gear and run for the location, heading past countless battles and battlers to get there. However, when you get there, you see one man waving before leaving the field as an announcer begins speaking.

“Thank you for watching ladies and gentlemen and that concludes round one. Round two will begin shortly. If you wish, the trade center is down the hall and will be able to provide many goods that sponsor and help the Crater Battling League as founded in 1971” Seems you've got some time to kill until the second round.

What will you do?
Balmund picked up a map from the nearest travel advisor. There was a crazed trainer in the corner who was apparently selling a caged and beaten Swablu for the outrageous price of three candies all the while trying to get people to vote for something he could only assume is a green card for a friend. Needless to say, Balmund avoided him like the plague while Kerrigan tried to hide within Balmund's backpack in fear. He felt kinda sorry for the poor bird Pokémon though and sent a quick message to the authorities from his Pokédex in hopes that someone would take care of this soon.

With that out of the way and with a map in front of him, Balmund follows the guide down the tailored path until coming up to a giant crater, the gap in the mountainside big enough to fit more than three Snorlax within. Smiling in amazement, he thought of taking a picture or two for posterity, having never seen a crater that big in person. As he approached the mountainside, he sees two kids running inside laughing, which made Blamund feel all the more excited about having come to this place.

As he reached the mountain gates, he's stopped by someone who checks him over for hidden weapons and such. Balmund just nods his head slightly and spreads his arms a bit in cooperation, showing the contents of his bag when required.

"Sorry kid, we've been given a tip-off that someone's going to try and take over this crater as a stronghold" the man says in a gruff tone.

'Kid?! Man, I'm old enough to have kids of my own,' Balmund thought to himself and winced the instant the very word come out of the man's mouth. Being short and baby-faced for as long as he could remember has made him quite sensitive about the whole issue. He only wished for the day facial hair would finally grow over his face.

He let out a soft sigh before smiling softly and responding with a simple "No problem." He thought they were all getting worked up for nothing. Nobody tries to do stuff like nowadays now, do they? Surely it had to be a prank call or something, Balmund thought. Still, better safe than sorry it seems.

Moving on, he follows a small rock path through the inside of the mountain, while reading all sorts of facts and legends about the crater, a particularly interesting one being that of a stream of lava said to be hundreds of feet down. Mt. Feris hadn't erupted in a long, long time, and it didn't look like it was going active anytime soon, but Balmund wouldn't be too surprised if the theory was true considering the mountain's past, even though nobody's willing to give up the facility to prove it.

Going through another large hole in the mountain, Balmund finally comes face to face with a massive arena, several miles wide, were lots of battling were already taking place. Seeing a helpful map on his left, he sees that beginner battles were taking place in the section closest to him; the intermediate stages were a few battlefields away and the advanced battles were even further down. What truly caught his attention though was the premium tournament poster below it. This was what he had come for and his grin widened as he scanned the tournament details.

Surprisingly, he notices that there is no entry fee, but it seems that the tournament was already starting! He lets out a brief urgent gasp as he quickly gears up and makes a run for it to the tournament's location, heading past countless battles and battlers to get there. However, when he gets there, he only sees one man waving before leaving the field as the announcer begins speaking.

"Thank you for watching ladies and gentlemen, and that concludes round one! Round two will begin shortly. If you wish, the trade center is down the hall and will be able to provide many goods that sponsor and help the Crater Battling League as founded in 1971."

"Oh crud! We missed all of round one!" Balmund said out loud, sighing shortly afterward.

"Well, sweetie, at least we have some time to kill," he turned to his Spelarva. "How about I buy ourselves some refreshing treats? A cold bottle of Fizzy Bubbleh would really do me some good right now." Kerrigan nodded in approval. Food is always welcome anyways.

Balmund also wanted to check how round one's battles turned out and probably ask around and see who the local favorite was. There's always some local gambling and Balmund just happened to have some spare cash; he just needed to look around for the right people.
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #290
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: With two grass types ensue, you continue your adventures in the land of Fizzy Bubbles, wanting a change of pace from the usual stories of mishap, betrayals and general ignorance from the public that seems to happen around here, and while many mean well it always seems to turn into something undesirable.

Never-the-less, you put aside your views of the 'adventures' of past and focus on the now, the sun shining on your back as you trundle down the peaceful Oasis path, trees of exotic design swaying on the cool breeze you had now familiarized yourself with, the same source of power that was allowing Cotton to stay in the air for so long as she extended her call in enjoyment.

As you move along a 'whooshing' sound comes from above and as you look up, a large bird like Pokémon flies overheard, massive in size and dark as the sun refracts to block your view to see what kind of Pokémon it is.

This does, however, give unintended consequences as the blast from said Pokémon pushes an under-gust against the carefree Cotton, blowing her quickly. Trying to grab her, you slip and fall over before getting up, running after Cotton as you go through several bushes and past several trees; avoiding anything that looks slightly dangerous but still upkeeping with Cotton's

With another strong gust blowing at your back you stick one hand out as you dive for Cotton, missing by mere inches as it gets swept up in the wind, heading off in an unseen direction as you fall to the ground with a slam, bouncing off the floor with a crunch.

Slightly winded, but still able to move, you check to see nothings broken before looking around. Just behind you, Tellah waves its tentacles as it slowly makes its way towards you, before a dash of black sweeps it up from next to you and what looks like a Primeape carrys it over its shoulder off into the distance before you can sputter out commands to prevent it.

It looks like it's one of those days, as the usually friendly Pokémon of the Oasis have become aggressive, but you wonder what could have caused it. With the last remembered direction of Cotton floating away in the North, you hear a distinct call of a monkey Pokémon in the South.

What will you do?
Karmas stood in shock, both of his pokemon had gone! Poor Cotton had been taken away by the wind of some stupid bird, and tellah had been kidnapped by a pig nosed pokemon who would probably need some sort of anger management.

Oh god thought the trainer What am I going to do? Cotton is probably not in as much danger as Tellah, but she is much more delicate, and Cotton is much more curious and would probably be more likely to get herself into trouble. But Tellah was taken by a Primeape, and they have an advantage over his typing.

Karmas held his hands to his face and let out a sigh. He was really regretting letting both of his pokemon out and now both of them were gone, and it was the first time had let either of them come with him on an adventure. Karmas took another deep breathe and made his decision. He turned to the South and got ready to rescue his Lileep.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #291
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
Again, no real excuses aside from work but I hope to pick up (I keep saying this with no real actuality) but y'know, Snow + Railways = Problems. Everyone's so bloody paranoid about crashing and safety that they've forgotten how little problems we actually have compared to any other mode of transport.

PikaGod: I know you said you've put Lileep in the adoption centre and I was to disregard Lileep as a whole, I decided this would probably be a more fitting considering you didn't change your post. I do have a different version if you're not happy with this. Let me know.


The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: It was a mighty task you and your small Cubone had in front of you. The weight of the world seemed to lay on your shoulders as the tyrant taunted you in any way probable, trying to find a weakness or sore spot to use against you, antagonising you in order to raise temperature. You had heard it all, uninterested in any logistic or word that the tyrant had to say; saving your words for the battlefield. Takanaka raised an eyebrow as he saw your attempt to keep a cool head, shrugging it off before sneering at the Houndoom; it too remaining still. What he was most amazed at was your Cubone, its cool nerve to keep such a level head while its master being taunted was rare for a Pokémon of its age, the lonely theropod-like Pokémon merely gripping its bone harder as it contemplated the battle.

Turning back to the battle, the chief began to create a pollice verso sign as if he was Caesar in the Gladiator arena. The arrogance of the tyrant was apparent as he moved the thumb down, the signifier of the blade and death. Noting the sign, his Pokémon began to move, the battle beginning. Harriyama took a big breath, its loud resonating lungs clearly visible as its chest withdrew some as it Focused its Energy; focusing its senses for the battle. Ursaring did the same; Leering at Houndoom as the dog wimpered slightly, moving back on its hind legs as it recoiled from the image, as if the 'history' of the two had repeated itself in front of its eyes. Shaking it off, the Houndoom Swaggers at the Ursaring as it roars, the two running towards each other before scrapping, Bites and Scratches being exchanged at every possible point.

With the intensity of the Houndoom and Ursaring's tusstle you almost miss your own Pokémon's attack; the Cubone rushing forward before using the bone as a pole to elevate it off the ground onto Harriyama's face level, connecting tail with face as the mid-size tail does some decent damage, sending Harriyama's face coiling as it slaps it to the left. All is not positive however, as if by slow-motion the Cubone begins its decent over the Harriyama's shoulder as one large hand comes down and swats its, using the Focused Energy to increase its accuracy as it lands an Arm Thrust into Cubone mid-air, causing the small Pokémon to crash to the ground in a pile of smoke.

With the smoke as a barrier, Harriyama waits for the dust to settle. Catching the opportunity before it's over, Cubone spreads the dust with a Swords Dance, giving it a significant boost to attack while giving room for a recovery without distraction as the Cubone panted, clearly taking a hard shot from the fall. Unmoved, the dust settles as the two move at the same time, both wishing to gain the upper hand. With its attack boost in tow, Cubone swings its Tail once more, covering it in Iron-like hardness as it swings up. Similarly, Harriyama also covers itself in an Iron-like hardness, its Head smashing downwards like a mosher. Colliding, the two attacks cancel each other out, leading to a stalemate before they both returned back to their original positions.

Looking across you notice that Houndoom and Ursaring have the same thing, however they both have drawn blood; a trio of claw marks running down the right side of Houndoom's eyes while Ursaring sported a few hefty bite marks all over its body.

What will you do?



The Battlecrater: - Please reply in Brown

Balmund: Grumbling about the security guard's inability to notice how old the visitors were you enter the battle crater, immersed in how big the arenas were and impressed at the ability of man to take advantage of it by making it a homage to battling; the crater never being not busy as the weekly tournaments and daily battles always drew trainers and Pokémon alike to test their skill against others, the winners gaining prizes, pride and glory as they are onlooked by spectators. With the many reasons of people to visit the crater, you weren't surprised to see that some people were exploiting the arena; taking sympathy of a cruel trainer on its Swablu by sending a message to the local authorities to prevent Pokémon cruelty. Looking down, your message buzzes sent but by the time you look up again, the trainer has disappeared, as if he could sense the impending forces.

Shaking it off you pick up a guide and head through to the tournament arena. Having just missed the first round you consolidate yourself by arguing that the break gives you more time with your Spearlava. Moving through to another cave, you're met with a busy site, the apparent breaks of the tournament giving hundreds of trainers the time to shops for the next round, get food and relax from many of the budding salesmen and women who collected and collaborated in the official market. Looking for somewhere to get a drink amongst the stand; your eyes flicker to two members standing in a corner, one with a light blue / grey coloured hairstyle with large sideburns, the other with blonde hair and a sleveless shirt. While they seem to be doing nothing wrong, you can't help but feel slightly nervous round them, your gut feeling slightly bad. However, this is soon removed as your stomach rumbles, causing a loud noise as several marketeers eye's flash with dollar signs, your Pokedollars being counted in their minds as they see potential sales. Blushing red you move onto a zone outside the vicinity of the noise, back to less-greedy market salesmen. However, two more salesmen grab your attention; noticing the Sperlava on your shoulders.

“Wow, that's a rare Pokémon indeed. How about we give you a free sample if we can take some pictures of your Pokémon enjoying it” one of them says, thrusting a Lemonade in your hands before his companion takes loads of snapshots at you; the flash confusing you to the point where you can refute.

Unsure of what to do you merely smile, noting the green hair of the camera man and the orange hair of the woman; split in half half way down her neck to introduce an interesting hairstyle to say the least. Moving on with your free lemonade, you quickly make your way into rougher territory, the least of which you hope to find some gambling. However, before you get a chance to spot a card, count a deck or roll a dice, a loudspeaker rings throughout the hall.

“Round two of the tournament is now starting. Please take your positions in the arena for spectatorship. Thank you.” a synthetic tone binged as many of the crowds dispersed back to the hall to make way for the battle. Even the market stalls seemed less interesting in selling to the masses, you don't get an offer on the way to the hall; perhaps an indication of tourism and who the tradesmen regard as those with money, the people visiting for the battle or the regulars.

As you begin to head back you once again catch sight of the grey haired and blonde haired men together, carrying a suitcase. Rather suspiciously, they begin to look around as if trying to avoid being seen. While they disregard many of the marketeers, they seem not to notice you as they nod; moving through a door, leaving it slightly ajar as they do.

What will you do?



The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: Deciding that Lileep was your target for rescue before Cotton, you head South under the pretense that the Pokémon that took your comrade was a Primape. Following the noises of monkeys, you suddenly find yourself deep in the jungles of The Oasis' outer premises. Slowing down for safety reasons, you begin to hear noises; scrambling in the trees; rustling in the bushes; animals calls and various other jungle noises.

Consulting your Pokedex you see The Volcanic Mountain Guide app, opening it to reveal a map. As you see the area, you notice that each of the 'zones' have been given a threat level for beginner trainers, green being for low levels and red being for advanced. Scanning the map for the Oasis, you breathe a sigh of relief as you see a green zone along the path, but within a second you realise you're no longer on the path, rather, you're in the red jungle.

Gulping rather loudly, you move in the same direction you were heading; noticing a chance in scenery as the once full and beautiful jungle is replaced by a chaotic scene, trees strewn across the field as they're toppled over, the ground stamped and scraped to pure mud, squelching under your feet with every foot.

As you move on, you begin to see a red liquid splattered across some of the features. A tree here dripping; the mud there slightly discoloured; a rock moreover covered. You shudder to think what it is, or what it's come from but you begin to move forward, hand firmly clenched on your belt for reassurance. You jump as a howl comes from the distance, shaking slightly as you re-compose yourself as your eyes scan the forest.

Deciding to keep away from the liquid, you close your mind as you move tentatively forward before coming to an opening. As the trees are cleared away, strung rocks are piled carelessly in front of each other leading to a small cave, big enough of about fifty feet, but rather shaky and badly built.

Moving closer and closer, inching forward, your eyes meet with a lot more red liquid; so much so that you can't close your mind off and not think about it. In this climate, many of the Pokémon are predators and often kill for food, but you didn't expect it to be so gruesome. The blood flows like a river into puddles along the mud, so much so that the creature couldn't have survived the onslaught. Your eyes are suddenly drawn to a purple blob outside the cave, the body of whatever creature had caused the blood.

Soon after, your mind twigs, realising that the 'blob' is actually the body of a Lileep. Your mind becomes a shrine of emotions. Anger at the Primape; Sadness at the loss of the Lileep; Disbelief that it couldn't have been yours; Surprise at how little it took; Remorse for taking it out of the Pokéball before optimism spread through your head. Rushing over to the body you try to fool yourself into thinking that it's not dead, hiding under the mud to heal itself but the lack of head on the Pokémon signified its death.

Soon your mind began to think that it might not be your Lileep. The Pokémon was must have been killed quickly but you're sure you trained your better, despite the weakness. Unsure; your mind contemplates the thought that it might have survived and ran away however, you are sure that there's a dead Lileep in the opening of the cave. Thinking about your next move you decide you could go and avenge your Lileep or turn back and head for Cotton, disregarding Lileep and hoping for the best.

What will you do?
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #292
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: Deciding that Lileep was your target for rescue before Cotton, you head South under the pretense that the Pokémon that took your comrade was a Primape. Following the noises of monkeys, you suddenly find yourself deep in the jungles of The Oasis' outer premises. Slowing down for safety reasons, you begin to hear noises; scrambling in the trees; rustling in the bushes; animals calls and various other jungle noises.

Consulting your Pokedex you see The Volcanic Mountain Guide app, opening it to reveal a map. As you see the area, you notice that each of the 'zones' have been given a threat level for beginner trainers, green being for low levels and red being for advanced. Scanning the map for the Oasis, you breathe a sigh of relief as you see a green zone along the path, but within a second you realise you're no longer on the path, rather, you're in the red jungle.

Gulping rather loudly, you move in the same direction you were heading; noticing a chance in scenery as the once full and beautiful jungle is replaced by a chaotic scene, trees strewn across the field as they're toppled over, the ground stamped and scraped to pure mud, squelching under your feet with every foot.

As you move on, you begin to see a red liquid splattered across some of the features. A tree here dripping; the mud there slightly discoloured; a rock moreover covered. You shudder to think what it is, or what it's come from but you begin to move forward, hand firmly clenched on your belt for reassurance. You jump as a howl comes from the distance, shaking slightly as you re-compose yourself as your eyes scan the forest.

Deciding to keep away from the liquid, you close your mind as you move tentatively forward before coming to an opening. As the trees are cleared away, strung rocks are piled carelessly in front of each other leading to a small cave, big enough of about fifty feet, but rather shaky and badly built.

Moving closer and closer, inching forward, your eyes meet with a lot more red liquid; so much so that you can't close your mind off and not think about it. In this climate, many of the Pokémon are predators and often kill for food, but you didn't expect it to be so gruesome. The blood flows like a river into puddles along the mud, so much so that the creature couldn't have survived the onslaught. Your eyes are suddenly drawn to a purple blob outside the cave, the body of whatever creature had caused the blood.

Soon after, your mind twigs, realising that the 'blob' is actually the body of a Lileep. Your mind becomes a shrine of emotions. Anger at the Primape; Sadness at the loss of the Lileep; Disbelief that it couldn't have been yours; Surprise at how little it took; Remorse for taking it out of the Pokéball before optimism spread through your head. Rushing over to the body you try to fool yourself into thinking that it's not dead, hiding under the mud to heal itself but the lack of head on the Pokémon signified its death.

Soon your mind began to think that it might not be your Lileep. The Pokémon was must have been killed quickly but you're sure you trained your better, despite the weakness. Unsure; your mind contemplates the thought that it might have survived and ran away however, you are sure that there's a dead Lileep in the opening of the cave. Thinking about your next move you decide you could go and avenge your Lileep or turn back and head for Cotton, disregarding Lileep and hoping for the best.

What will you do?


Karmas' body shook with horror when he saw the Lileep's body, the headless thing bringing forth a whirlwind of emotions.

I will get those goddamn stinking monkeys Anger

Oh god, Tellah is gone. Forever Sorrow

That took barely any time, I got here as quick as I could
Surprise

I shouldn't have let him out of his ball, I just shouldn't have Remorse

He stared at the body for several more moments, before he realised something. That might not have been Tellah! Granted the chances of another Lileep being around here weren't exactly high, but there was always a chance that Tellah could have escaped. A sob choked itself out Karmas' throat. Who was he kidding, that was Tellah, he could just tell. Despite how much he had trained Tellah, he would have been torn apart if there was a group of primates. He knew that he should avenge Tellah, his blood was boiling, but if this could happen to Tellah then he needed to find Cotton, so that nothing happened to her.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #293
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: It was a mighty task you and your small Cubone had in front of you. The weight of the world seemed to lay on your shoulders as the tyrant taunted you in any way probable, trying to find a weakness or sore spot to use against you, antagonising you in order to raise temperature. You had heard it all, uninterested in any logistic or word that the tyrant had to say; saving your words for the battlefield. Takanaka raised an eyebrow as he saw your attempt to keep a cool head, shrugging it off before sneering at the Houndoom; it too remaining still. What he was most amazed at was your Cubone, its cool nerve to keep such a level head while its master being taunted was rare for a Pokémon of its age, the lonely theropod-like Pokémon merely gripping its bone harder as it contemplated the battle.

Turning back to the battle, the chief began to create a pollice verso sign as if he was Caesar in the Gladiator arena. The arrogance of the tyrant was apparent as he moved the thumb down, the signifier of the blade and death. Noting the sign, his Pokémon began to move, the battle beginning. Harriyama took a big breath, its loud resonating lungs clearly visible as its chest withdrew some as it Focused its Energy; focusing its senses for the battle. Ursaring did the same; Leering at Houndoom as the dog wimpered slightly, moving back on its hind legs as it recoiled from the image, as if the 'history' of the two had repeated itself in front of its eyes. Shaking it off, the Houndoom Swaggers at the Ursaring as it roars, the two running towards each other before scrapping, Bites and Scratches being exchanged at every possible point.

With the intensity of the Houndoom and Ursaring's tusstle you almost miss your own Pokémon's attack; the Cubone rushing forward before using the bone as a pole to elevate it off the ground onto Harriyama's face level, connecting tail with face as the mid-size tail does some decent damage, sending Harriyama's face coiling as it slaps it to the left. All is not positive however, as if by slow-motion the Cubone begins its decent over the Harriyama's shoulder as one large hand comes down and swats its, using the Focused Energy to increase its accuracy as it lands an Arm Thrust into Cubone mid-air, causing the small Pokémon to crash to the ground in a pile of smoke.

With the smoke as a barrier, Harriyama waits for the dust to settle. Catching the opportunity before it's over, Cubone spreads the dust with a Swords Dance, giving it a significant boost to attack while giving room for a recovery without distraction as the Cubone panted, clearly taking a hard shot from the fall. Unmoved, the dust settles as the two move at the same time, both wishing to gain the upper hand. With its attack boost in tow, Cubone swings its Tail once more, covering it in Iron-like hardness as it swings up. Similarly, Harriyama also covers itself in an Iron-like hardness, its Head smashing downwards like a mosher. Colliding, the two attacks cancel each other out, leading to a stalemate before they both returned back to their original positions.

Looking across you notice that Houndoom and Ursaring have the same thing, however they both have drawn blood; a trio of claw marks running down the right side of Houndoom's eyes while Ursaring sported a few hefty bite marks all over its body.

What will you do?

“Alright mate, keep it up!” Ben encouraged his skull-capped companion. A fierce sense of pride suddenly swelled within his heart as his gaze fell upon the little Cubone, fearlessly staring done their opponents. Roneo had done a brilliant job of matching the mammoth Hariyama at every turn. It was all Ben could have asked or hoped for. However Ben wasn’t a rookie anymore. He knew it was still early in the battle. Too early to think they had won. Violent men like Takanaka were always the same -- devious and unpredictable. Most likely, he wouldn’t fight fair. It wouldn’t surprise Ben at all if the tribal chieftain had some kind of trick up his sleeve. Now was not the time to get cocky. They had to stay on their toes and keep their guard up.

“Get in close and go with Mega Punch!” Ben hollered to his little partner. Roneo nodded and Ben put on a determined expression before continuing with his instructions. “Follow up with an Aerial Ace and be ready to Counter any one of Hariyama’s physical attacks at any time! Look sharp out there!”
Hayward is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #294
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: Your head a swirling vortex of emotion, you begin to go through the seven stages of grief as your eyes fixate on the beheaded Lileep corpse; the whirlwind of emotions affecting your ability to move off the spot. You suspect the mysterious Lileep is yours, the training had not sufficed to deal with an angry wild Primeape especially with the type disadvantage it had. You choke a tear before deciding that it wasn't safe to sit and weep, leaving yourself open would be a stupid ideal and one that would likely get you killed.

Turning your back on revenge for the moment, your thoughts split between Cotton and Lileep, you finally decide to rescue the Skiploom from danger; if the jungle could do this to Lileep you shuddered to think what it would do to a much more fragile Pokémon species such as Cotton. Consulting your Pokédex once more you turn back to the North; running through the toppled jungle, ignoring the sounds that you were once afraid of. Jumping over dead tree that have been toppled, you soon find yourself back in the much greener jungle, the softer greener grass allowing you to get more pace.

Within minutes you find yourself back in the same spot you made the first decision, the noteworthy clearing coming back as you remember the last time you saw both of your Pokémon in your team. Praying inside that your Skiploom was OK.

Moving onto another part of the forest your eyes contrast to the complete opposite of the secondary forest; the grey dark and dreary look replaced with one of colour and wonder. Had you had any time not to be worried about your Pokémon you might have enjoyed the views. A bunch of pink flowers bloomed beside a healthy looking tree but you daren't touch it in case it's poisonous, the implications of such beauty could be very bad indeed for you; the problem with nature being that nothing is what it seems.

Moving on, trying not to touch any of the plants in such a dangerous world, you soon come across a wooded area surrounded by cobwebs, planting the substances all over the trees making it a maze. Knowing that if you get caught it could be the end of your journey, you begin mission impossible style movement to avoid the webs. Ducking, diving, rolling, crawling, jumping you finally make your way through the first hurdle before seeing a flash of green.

Still careful to avoid the webs, you soon see Cotton, however she happens to be caught right in the heart of a web. Moving forward to cut her down, an Ariados steps down from behind a tree wanting to protect its meal. It seems you'll have to fight the spider for Cotton's right or she'll be eaten.

What will you do?



The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: With your Cubone doing you proud for such a young Pokémon you move onto the second part of your plan. Knowing that the Cubone was doing good enough damage with the attack boost despite its short stature, you decide to give the appendage a rest. Shouting your orders at the small dinosaur, you see the lonely Pokémon grip the bone with a firm grip, nodding without taking its eye off the sumo Pokémon; having thoughts similar to yours about the trickery and deceit of tyrants.

Being close as it was, Cubone starts charging some energy in its fist; going to do some Mega damage with a Punch to Hariyama but the Tyrant sniggered as he did.

“NOW” Takanaka shouted, directing his Pokémon as the Hariyama began to move, also charging the energy in his fist. With the sumo Pokémon simultaneously copying the Cubone, you see what's coming; the heavy Pokémon also looking to do some Mega damage from the Punch. With the two Pokémon coliding, the energy in their fists explodes, sending Hariyama to stumble back a few paces. As the dust settles you look around for Cubone, unable to see Roneo in the vicinity.

Scampering your eyes around, you soon see the biped stuck in a tree, Hariyama's reputation to send a 10-ton truck flying sending your 6x less heavy Pokémon into 'easy prey' category. As the Cubone attempts to get out of the tree, its backend stuck as the wood bends inwards with power, Hariyama bounded towards the back of the tree using a Knock Off to smack the Cubone out of the tree, sending it skidding along the ground.

Now with bruises and scrapes clearly dotted all over its body, Cubone begun to stand, having to use the bone to stand as the injuries began to sting. Deciding to get some of its own back, Cubone began to run despite the pain, fighting through to circle the heavy Pokémon as it struggled to keep its focus on the Cubone, its weight serving against it. Setting on behind the Harriyama, Cubone finished its ground Aerial Ace, running at the Hariyama with its bone in both hands, darting under the Hariyama's legs as it swung the skeleton-part like a baseball bat, connecting with muscle as the Hariyama roared with pain, the Swords Dance really helping.

Stopping to look back, Cubone leans on its bone as the Hariyama clenched its muscle, falling backwards like a tree and causing a large *THUMP* on the ground as it impacted, making the earth shake. Still down the Hariyama fails to get up, like a turtle on its back, trying to get up without harming its leg to no avail, giving Cubone a well-needed break while your attention turned to Houndoom's person battle.

While your gaze falls upon the battle at the closing of the round, you notice how bloody and beat up both Pokémon are, the lack of friendless in their scrap was not surprising. Before the round ends, however, Ursaring finishes with a Giga Impact to knock the Houndoom on its side. Things look bad but with the Ursaring seeing its comrade on the floor it begins to turn to Cubone, ready to cause some revenge. You begin to have mixed feelings; while the next round will give Houndoom a rest on the floor, you begin to wonder how much power the Ursaring has to have caused that much damage to Houndoom.

What will you do?
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #295
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: With your Cubone doing you proud for such a young Pokémon you move onto the second part of your plan. Knowing that the Cubone was doing good enough damage with the attack boost despite its short stature, you decide to give the appendage a rest. Shouting your orders at the small dinosaur, you see the lonely Pokémon grip the bone with a firm grip, nodding without taking its eye off the sumo Pokémon; having thoughts similar to yours about the trickery and deceit of tyrants.

Being close as it was, Cubone starts charging some energy in its fist; going to do some Mega damage with a Punch to Hariyama but the Tyrant sniggered as he did.

“NOW” Takanaka shouted, directing his Pokémon as the Hariyama began to move, also charging the energy in his fist. With the sumo Pokémon simultaneously copying the Cubone, you see what's coming; the heavy Pokémon also looking to do some Mega damage from the Punch. With the two Pokémon coliding, the energy in their fists explodes, sending Hariyama to stumble back a few paces. As the dust settles you look around for Cubone, unable to see Roneo in the vicinity.

Scampering your eyes around, you soon see the biped stuck in a tree, Hariyama's reputation to send a 10-ton truck flying sending your 6x less heavy Pokémon into 'easy prey' category. As the Cubone attempts to get out of the tree, its backend stuck as the wood bends inwards with power, Hariyama bounded towards the back of the tree using a Knock Off to smack the Cubone out of the tree, sending it skidding along the ground.

Now with bruises and scrapes clearly dotted all over its body, Cubone begun to stand, having to use the bone to stand as the injuries began to sting. Deciding to get some of its own back, Cubone began to run despite the pain, fighting through to circle the heavy Pokémon as it struggled to keep its focus on the Cubone, its weight serving against it. Setting on behind the Harriyama, Cubone finished its ground Aerial Ace, running at the Hariyama with its bone in both hands, darting under the Hariyama's legs as it swung the skeleton-part like a baseball bat, connecting with muscle as the Hariyama roared with pain, the Swords Dance really helping.

Stopping to look back, Cubone leans on its bone as the Hariyama clenched its muscle, falling backwards like a tree and causing a large *THUMP* on the ground as it impacted, making the earth shake. Still down the Hariyama fails to get up, like a turtle on its back, trying to get up without harming its leg to no avail, giving Cubone a well-needed break while your attention turned to Houndoom's person battle.

While your gaze falls upon the battle at the closing of the round, you notice how bloody and beat up both Pokémon are, the lack of friendless in their scrap was not surprising. Before the round ends, however, Ursaring finishes with a Giga Impact to knock the Houndoom on its side. Things look bad but with the Ursaring seeing its comrade on the floor it begins to turn to Cubone, ready to cause some revenge. You begin to have mixed feelings; while the next round will give Houndoom a rest on the floor, you begin to wonder how much power the Ursaring has to have caused that much damage to Houndoom.

What will you do?
In the Volcanic Mountain's Sacred Forest, Roneo continues to hold its own against Hariyama and Ben is once again moved by his young Pokemon's bravery in not backing down from their oversized opponent. Grinning broadly, Ben cups his hands to his mouth, hollering out encouragement to his Pokemon. "Brilliant work, Roneo! You're doing great!" The little Cubone darts in close, swinging his bone club like a baseball bat and connects with Hariyama's knee, felling the massive Sumo wrestler with one chop, just like an old tree.

Having brought down Hariyama, there is a momentary lull in the fighting, and the little skull-capped dinosaur leans on its bone club for support, panting deeply and trying to catch its breath. Ben turns to Houndoom wondering how it's holding up in its battle against Chief Takanaka's Ursaring, and bolts in surprise as the hellhound is suddenly brought to the ground by a Giga Impact from the enormous grizzly.

Not wasting any time, Ursaring turns towards Roneo, bloodlust in its eyes, and Ben suddenly gets mixed feelings. He feels relief that Houndoom can get a much needed rest; it had fought valiantly and defended them many times that day. However, Takanaka's Ursaring was clearly powerful, and Ben worried whether Roneo would be strong enough to stop it on its own. Suddenly Ben recalls all the heinous acts the wicked warlord had commited and resolves in his heart to give it his best, knowing that Roneo will too. With a determined expression on his face, the boy quickly adopts a combat stance and begins issuing instructions to his Pokemon.

"Look sharp, mate!" Ben cries. "We've gotta use our size to our advantage and Ursaring's size against it! While it's recovering from that Giga Impact, Swords Dance -- but before you do, get in as close as you can to Ursaring! While you're Swords Dancing, keep moving and make it hard for Ursaring to find you! Backtrack, dodge around a lot, weave in out between his legs, do whatever you have to, just don't stay in the same place for more than a split second, and watch out for those feet and claws!"

Ben knows it's risky to send Roneo in close to the great bear, especially since the Cubone species wasn't particularly known for its natural agility, but the boy hopes that being close would turn the already tiny Roneo into an even smaller target and therefore make it harder to hit. Getting in close might also negate Ursaring's reach, cut down on the likelihood of another Giga Impact, and maybe even make Ursaring dizzy as it tried to follow Roneo's movements. All Ben would have to do then, is look for an opening in Ursaring's defenses and strike a weak spot. Bringing Hariyama to the ground had slowed down the Sumo, hopefully a similar strategy would work against Ursaring.

"Watch for Ursaring to let its guard down, Roneo!" Ben instructs. "Then look for a weak spot and try to trip it with Iron Tail! When Ursaring is on the ground, go with a Mega Punch to its head or chest!"


---------------
fizzy bubbles

Last edited by Hayward; 01-20-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Hayward is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #296
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: Your head a swirling vortex of emotion, you begin to go through the seven stages of grief as your eyes fixate on the beheaded Lileep corpse; the whirlwind of emotions affecting your ability to move off the spot. You suspect the mysterious Lileep is yours, the training had not sufficed to deal with an angry wild Primeape especially with the type disadvantage it had. You choke a tear before deciding that it wasn't safe to sit and weep, leaving yourself open would be a stupid ideal and one that would likely get you killed.

Turning your back on revenge for the moment, your thoughts split between Cotton and Lileep, you finally decide to rescue the Skiploom from danger; if the jungle could do this to Lileep you shuddered to think what it would do to a much more fragile Pokémon species such as Cotton. Consulting your Pokédex once more you turn back to the North; running through the toppled jungle, ignoring the sounds that you were once afraid of. Jumping over dead tree that have been toppled, you soon find yourself back in the much greener jungle, the softer greener grass allowing you to get more pace.

Within minutes you find yourself back in the same spot you made the first decision, the noteworthy clearing coming back as you remember the last time you saw both of your Pokémon in your team. Praying inside that your Skiploom was OK.

Moving onto another part of the forest your eyes contrast to the complete opposite of the secondary forest; the grey dark and dreary look replaced with one of colour and wonder. Had you had any time not to be worried about your Pokémon you might have enjoyed the views. A bunch of pink flowers bloomed beside a healthy looking tree but you daren't touch it in case it's poisonous, the implications of such beauty could be very bad indeed for you; the problem with nature being that nothing is what it seems.

Moving on, trying not to touch any of the plants in such a dangerous world, you soon come across a wooded area surrounded by cobwebs, planting the substances all over the trees making it a maze. Knowing that if you get caught it could be the end of your journey, you begin mission impossible style movement to avoid the webs. Ducking, diving, rolling, crawling, jumping you finally make your way through the first hurdle before seeing a flash of green.

Still careful to avoid the webs, you soon see Cotton, however she happens to be caught right in the heart of a web. Moving forward to cut her down, an Ariados steps down from behind a tree wanting to protect its meal. It seems you'll have to fight the spider for Cotton's right or she'll be eaten.

What will you do?
Karmas let out a cry of joy when he saw Cotton, he had been afraid that something might have happened to her. He definitely did not trust this jungle, not after Tellah. However, as soon as he let out the cry of joy, the trainer saw that the grass/flying pokemon was caught in a web.

"Cotton, don't worry!" yelled out Karmas, "I'm coming!"

Moving towards his trapped pokemon, with all intentions of cutting her loss, but suddenly stopped. Moving down the web was an Ariados, obviously the owner of the web. Cotton saw the spider and started to squeal, and she desperately tried to worm her way out of the web, but the web's grip were too strong. Karmas knew what he had to do, the only way he was going to get Cotton was by fighting Ariados. He gripped a ball on his belt and flung it into the air. It opened in an explosion of 2010 and Karmas' flamboyant shiny Gloom appeared. Beau saw Cotton and Ariados and pieced together what had happened. He let out a little snarl, an odd noise to hear from a Gloom, but soon he stopped when Karmas motioned him over.

"Hey there little buddy," said his trainer, "As you can see, Cotton is in a bit of trouble, and we need to beat Ariados before we can get her back. I want you to use Stun Spore then Flash and finish off with a Hidden Power [Flying]."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline  
Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #297
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Winter Village: - Please reply in Light Blue

ShadowShocker: After a round of testing to see what your opponents were doing, you needed to be quick on your feet, gathering the Intel you needed to continue the battle and get the upper hand. With your Chatot reciting phrases to the amusement of the crowd, you once again go for another round, your usual tactic of power-housing not working in a tournament where everyone was around the same level.

Giving your orders, you look to the other side of the field as a time gap between you and your opponent becomes clear, your Pokémon moving into attacking positions while his were still reviving. Within a second, however, your opponents were ready, but it was too late for them to see their attacks through before yours, Chatot Signing a soothing song that travels over to the two ice-types, sending them into a lull as them, and a few of the audience in the front row, begin to drift off.

Using her Insomnia ability, Daphne remains awake as Daphnelooks to use a Role Play to copy the ice body of Snorunt, the ability being copied to the Drowzee for some significant energy. With the Drowzee panting somewhat heavy, Chatot begins her assault, diving into the Snorunt with its beak, dealing some good damage and throwing the small ice type backwards, waking it up in the process. Gathering its thoughts it gets its own back on the flying type as it retreats, gathering a Ball of snow together to harness the Weather, dealing some good super effective damage to the bird.

Having panted enough to grant it another attack, Daphne slashes Smoochum in the chest, dealing some decent damage which also wakes up the other ice-type up. Smoochum then gathers some water in its mouth, Water Pulsing Daphne as the water hits and freezes, leaving some ice on the chest of the Psychic type.

As the round comes to an end, you see a large figure in the background of the hill following another giant roar, the audience beginning to take notice of the figure. A few stomps later and the large figure is revealed to be a massive Piloswine, the size of the Pokémon to be twice the size of a regular Mamoswine. As the you and the audience stare in awe and the large Pokémon, you begin to wonder what it is doing down from the snowy camouflage of the summit, coming down to the villages. Within seconds of this, however, you see an army of Frosslass either side of it, all looking down on the stadium that you are battling in.

A few seconds of standing off pass before the elephant-like Pokémon stamps on the ground, creating a large gopher style tunnel to create under the ground which heads for the stadium, smashing a quarter off and sending the stadium to crash inwards as the audience scramble to break free of the crumbling side. As it does the other competitors, including those who have been knocked out, come rushing out to confront the damage.

“I'll go round up the injured and care for them” one pipes from the background, the fear in his voice apparent. “Who's with me?”

A few people agree as a group of 5 people strong run off towards the ruined corner, you stand tall with another 6 people; Jimmy, the champion, Jak and a few people who you hadn't met.

“That Piloswine could wreck the whole village. We have to stop it” the champion announces, grabbing his pokéballs from his pocket as Jimmy returns his Pokémon to their balls before grabbing some new ones. As you realize that you have to do the same, you turn around to see Daphne and Chatot knocked out unconscious, the Piloswine's earth power must have gone further and knocked out your Pokémon through power and shrapnel. As you withdraw them, you look towards your belt and realize that not only have you left your large leveled Pokémon with Nurse Joy, your first round Pokémon are also recovering in the pokécentre with Charmander and Chimchar the only ones left.

Seems you've been asked to stop the Piloswine, but to get to them you may have to go through some Frosslass.

What will you do?
"Daphne, Scherza, return!" called Shadow, withdrawing the fallen females back to their containment devices as chaos erupted about him. Some time ago he might have panicked, usually he would be paralysed in thought, but somehow his demeanour was calm in this instance - despite his best fighters being out of reach. Perhaps it was experience; perhaps he had entered proverbial flow. All he knew was that he had to rely on his fiery operatives, whom he wordlessly released onto the field. Novawing was still willing to brawl it out while Wukong was quicker to grasp the situation. Then again, the Charmander was the Fire-type with the Rash nature.

"Alright, you two. Aim for the Froslass," the scientist cleanly instructed, indicating the frigid armies flanking the Piloswine. "Break their ranks with Heat Wave, both of you. Wukong, mess with Piloswine's senses with a Gunk Shot to its nose. Novawing, cover for Wukong with another Heat Wave."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #298
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: The Ursaring stood at the crossroad of battle, 5x larger than the Cubone that stood before it and 200x heavier. Surely this was a true test of the dinosaur's resolve as the bear panted in exhaustion; the lack of a break between the use of the Giga Impact move and the newly targeting of the Cubone served as a time of great respite for both Pokémon, having taken down their respective opponents with fell swoops, both being great achievements for either side of good and evil.

Wanting to continue the streak and taking advantage of the time spent, Cubone began to spin as it Danced a rythem of Swords in an attempt to once again bolster its attacking power, trying to put itself on par with the Ursaring in terms of strength. As it did, however, the honey seeking Pokémon fights through the pain, Roaring endlessly in confidence having just bested a Pokémon which you could barely touch before, in single combat no less.

Sending the Cubone into a state of fear the Ursaring continues, preparing itself as the Giga Impact wears off, letting the Ursaring free of its time consuming clutches and allowing it to move towards your Pokémon. Squeaking with angst you try to encourage your Cubone, though it seems frozen off from the world, engaged in a staring contest between the bear and its predecessor, the Houndoom struggling to breathe as its chest sharply extends, the pain its in becoming a torment of reprecussion for the dinosaur Pokémon.

With little time to react to the scare, Cubone looks up at the impending Ursaring with a real look of fear in its eyes, the terror expressed like no other you had ever seen. With that, the Ursaring showed its brute force, grabbing the Cubone before Flinging it towards a tree, running after it as the Cubone slammed into the wood for the second time in the battle, its back flexing with a jolt as it did.

Within second the Ursaring showed its uncanny speed for such a large creature; pinning it down with a Shadow Claw against the mighty oak as it struggled to stay upright. Though the Cubone would take little damage from the pin, its confidence surely took damage from the humiliation it was suffering, its overall morale going through the floor at the hands of the Ursaring.

This, however, did not seem to be the purpose intended. Chief Takanaka, having looked quickly at his watched cackled, pointing a large sausage-like finger towards the woods. Squinting, you see a faint figure in the clearing, taking a few seconds to realize that it is in fact you.

“Right on time” the tyrant pronounces, your mind wandering back to the time of said event as you see yourself with a broken map, several Miltank in tow as the chief finished, “I could just kill you now, it would save me all this hassle.”

Holding your voice, you soon see the figure of the sumo-Pokémon awaken, moving up from the floor as it hobbles along, the injury suffered like a bad cramp to it, the bone clearly hitting muscle as it crashed into the sumo, though its Thick Skin seems to have saved it from serious injury.

With Ursaring pinning down Cubone with its claw and Houndoom not getting up, you wonder quite how you're going to get out of this mess, the lack of any real threat to the Harriyama stopping you from saving yourself from certain death. If the Harriyama manages to get to past-you, future-you will probably die.

What will you do?


The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: With an explosion of colour, magic and a small '2010' sign, you release your Gloom onto the forest floor where it revels in the grassy undergrowth, growling ever so surprisingly as it did before you call it over; hoping the orders gained would help your tiny Skiploom from the spider's web and out of trouble.

Moving forward, the Grass / Poison type began to feel out the spider, releasing a Spore towards the web, surely to Stun the arachnid in its place for future endeavors. Celebrating slightly early, you soon see the image of the Ariados vanish before your very eyes, the Bug-type quick to reveal and destroy it's one spider clone however you're left with the conundrum that you cannot see, nor hear, the spider.

Like a jaws-style standoff both you and Gloom stand still, listing for any signs of life amongst the foliage. Suddenly you hear a squeal, turning back to the web as the Gloom looks ready to pounce, only to find the recipient of that squeal to be Cotton once more, the spores seemingly carried by the wind slightly to the right, causing the Skiploom to become paralyzed.

Considering it's maybe for the best so the flier didn't get itself more entangled, Gloom cries out from your side as it jolts forward, skidding on the wet leaves as a Sneak attack sends it flying, the move coming from the Shadow and leaving the Ariados next to you, clapping its pincers in delight as it wardens up its next meal; much bigger and fleshier than the one it had already caught, but just as tasty.

Trying to step back, you see the pincers extend outwards, poisonous fangs clicking as the spider quickly outmaneuvers you, ready to strike. You close your eyes and pray to Arcues for your safety before a blinding Flash comes from the corner of your eye, one you can only assume to be Gloom returning to the state of play.

Eyes clamped shut you hear an almighty clasp, but you feel nothing. Presuming that it surely must be the Ariados getting you with poisonous venom that renders pain gone you open your eyes slowly, only to find the furry pincers literally inches from your nose. Angry that the Ariados could make such a move on its master, Gloom draws from the Hidden Power inside, striking the Ariados with a Flying type move to send it reeling away.

Breathing a sigh of relief you thank your Gloom, but tell it to stay on guard, once more unable to find the Ariados. However, it soon re-appears next to its spiders web, jumping down on the flower Pokémon before Furiously Swiping away, causing greater and greater hits with its arachnid legs, dealing a concession of damage and leaving Gloom looking slightly worse for wear, though the Ariados too looked hurt. With Gloom recoiling, the Ariados jumped back onto the web next to the paralyzed Skiploom.

What will you do?


The Winter Village: - Please reply in Light Blue

Shadowshocker: Withdrawing both your tournament comrades, you're soon faced with the prospect of death and destruction around you. With the stadium half collapsed, many of the tournament entrees rush to the aid of the civilians, with only the brave and strong rushing off to deal with the immediate threat of the Froslass army and Piloswine conqueror.

Flashing out two new Pokéballs you're soon greeted by the familiar faces of the two feuding fire types; Charmander and Chimchar ready to heat up the ice in The Winter Village. Rushing into battle post-haste, both Fire-types look to use their advantage over the Ice-types immediately, using a simultaneous Heat Wave. The fire attack creates pebbles of fire, thrusting them forward with extreme heat. Just before the attack hits, however, you hear a voice echo out in your head.

“NOOOOOOO!” The sound rings as you begin to feel slightly light-headed.

Your vision begins to go as the heat wave spreads over the Froslass, the heat melting the ice type until it is nothing more than a blob of water on the ground. Looking up, everything smudges as it turns a dark shade of purple, the people around you keep going before eventually disappearing into nothingness, the colour of them just vanishing gradually as they seem to run into a void.

Where were you? What was happening?. Thoughts begin to run through your head, making you feel all the more queasy as you feel your eyes go, drifting off into a black nothingness, just as the comrades beside you had. Looking down, you see both Chimchar and Charmander suffer the same thing, their eyes drooping before falling to the ground.

Ker-plunk. You feel your body hit the cold, cold ice; the freezing sensation sending a shock wave to your brain, a last resort of the human mechanism to stay awake in sub-zero temperature. Sitting upright you soon feel more alive, the need to sleep gone from your body, though the perimeter of The Winter Village no longer looks the same.

The once colourful and bright village you saw on entry no longer exists, instead replaced by decaying building half-sunk into the ground. The framework of which looks like it's been rotting for several hundred years. Shaking your head, you feel so confused. How can you have participated in a tournament if the village was like this? How long had you been asleep?

Looking over to the battle-arena you see that it too is decaying, though repairs had been made to it from the earth-blast were still in construction; a scaffolding pile leans against the metal foundations, both looking frail and weak, as if one touch would send them both down.


There's nobody around, your eyes scan for miles but see no signs of any life; the buildings around you seem empty and derelict. Shaking your head from side to side your eye catches a glimpse of a certain building. One that seems faintly remember-able but not at all at the same time. You seem to make out a front door, the wood of which looks old and crumbled. It creaks open and slams against the frame as the wind howls at it, unwilling to give it a rest as it does so. It seems to draw you in, though it looks unsafe, there's something about the building that just feels …. right.

What will you do?
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 01-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #299
Hayward
Ronin Harrier
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Sacred Forest: - Please reply in Green

Hayward: The Ursaring stood at the crossroad of battle, 5x larger than the Cubone that stood before it and 200x heavier. Surely this was a true test of the dinosaur's resolve as the bear panted in exhaustion; the lack of a break between the use of the Giga Impact move and the newly targeting of the Cubone served as a time of great respite for both Pokémon, having taken down their respective opponents with fell swoops, both being great achievements for either side of good and evil.

Wanting to continue the streak and taking advantage of the time spent, Cubone began to spin as it Danced a rythem of Swords in an attempt to once again bolster its attacking power, trying to put itself on par with the Ursaring in terms of strength. As it did, however, the honey seeking Pokémon fights through the pain, Roaring endlessly in confidence having just bested a Pokémon which you could barely touch before, in single combat no less.

Sending the Cubone into a state of fear the Ursaring continues, preparing itself as the Giga Impact wears off, letting the Ursaring free of its time consuming clutches and allowing it to move towards your Pokémon. Squeaking with angst you try to encourage your Cubone, though it seems frozen off from the world, engaged in a staring contest between the bear and its predecessor, the Houndoom struggling to breathe as its chest sharply extends, the pain its in becoming a torment of reprecussion for the dinosaur Pokémon.

With little time to react to the scare, Cubone looks up at the impending Ursaring with a real look of fear in its eyes, the terror expressed like no other you had ever seen. With that, the Ursaring showed its brute force, grabbing the Cubone before Flinging it towards a tree, running after it as the Cubone slammed into the wood for the second time in the battle, its back flexing with a jolt as it did.

Within second the Ursaring showed its uncanny speed for such a large creature; pinning it down with a Shadow Claw against the mighty oak as it struggled to stay upright. Though the Cubone would take little damage from the pin, its confidence surely took damage from the humiliation it was suffering, its overall morale going through the floor at the hands of the Ursaring.

This, however, did not seem to be the purpose intended. Chief Takanaka, having looked quickly at his watched cackled, pointing a large sausage-like finger towards the woods. Squinting, you see a faint figure in the clearing, taking a few seconds to realize that it is in fact you.

“Right on time” the tyrant pronounces, your mind wandering back to the time of said event as you see yourself with a broken map, several Miltank in tow as the chief finished, “I could just kill you now, it would save me all this hassle.”

Holding your voice, you soon see the figure of the sumo-Pokémon awaken, moving up from the floor as it hobbles along, the injury suffered like a bad cramp to it, the bone clearly hitting muscle as it crashed into the sumo, though its Thick Skin seems to have saved it from serious injury.

With Ursaring pinning down Cubone with its claw and Houndoom not getting up, you wonder quite how you're going to get out of this mess, the lack of any real threat to the Harriyama stopping you from saving yourself from certain death. If the Harriyama manages to get to past-you, future-you will probably die.

What will you do?
In the Sacred Forest, Ben winces sympathetically as Ursaring brutally pins Roneo’s limp body to a nearby oak tree. A feeling of sadness washes over the junior bonekeeper Pokemon, and it hangs its head, ashamed that it wasn’t able to stop Takanaka’s deranged grizzly. Smirking in satisfaction, the tribal warlord quickly checks his watch and lets out an evil laugh, before gesturing at something in the distance slowly making its way through the woods. Ben gapes his mouth wide in astonishment to see himself, his Pokemon, and the herd of Miltank trekking through the woods, and immediately realizes the crystal he touched earlier possesses the power to transport people through time, and knows that's exactly what it did to him, and now he’s witnessing the events of earlier in the day playing out before his eyes.

Takanaka sees that Ben recognizes himself as the traveler, and taunts that it would save a lot of trouble to just kill the “Ben of the past,” and commands the massive Hariyama to do the deed. Hearing the wicked tyrant’s arrogant words, and recalling the humiliation that Roneo suffered at the man’s hands only moments ago, Ben immediately gets ticked off and hollers out words of comfort to the little Cubone, saying that it will grow stronger with time, and will not only prevail in 1 vs. 2 battles, but will also take down 10 Pokemon alone as well.

Knowing that his life may very well depend on what happens in the next few moments, Ben quickly decides on a plan that he hopes will get them out of their current predicament and voices his instructions to Roneo. “Stay strong, mate!" Ben encourages. "We’ll get out of it yet! If you can, make a Wish and try to wiggle your tail free so you can fight back with Iron Tail! Aim for Ursaring’s wrist, maybe he’ll drop you and you can use Skull Bash to bring him down! Then we'll go after Hariyama!”

Not wasting any time, Ben turns towards the wounded Houndoom, and reaching into his messenger bag, pulls out a small burlap pouch filled with a mystical item known as Sacred Ash. The healing powder was known to have a connection to the legendary phoenix Ho-oh and possesses the ability to restore a fainted Pokemon. Ben received the Sacred Ash shortly after arriving in the land of FB and has been saving for a long time to use in an emergency situation. This is that emergency, he muses, as he holds the pouch over the fallen form of the Hellhound and sprinkles the entire contents onto its many injuries. "Alright Houndoom," the boy remarks with a broad grin. "That should help restore your strength. Now if you're ready to fight again, we could really use your help to stop Takanaka."



Full | Bio | PC | CC | DT | Credit

Last edited by Hayward; 01-22-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: remembered I'm only supposed to have one Poke with me...
Hayward is offline  
Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #300
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
The Oasis: - Please reply in BurlyWood

PikaGod: With an explosion of colour, magic and a small '2010' sign, you release your Gloom onto the forest floor where it revels in the grassy undergrowth, growling ever so surprisingly as it did before you call it over; hoping the orders gained would help your tiny Skiploom from the spider's web and out of trouble.

Moving forward, the Grass / Poison type began to feel out the spider, releasing a Spore towards the web, surely to Stun the arachnid in its place for future endeavors. Celebrating slightly early, you soon see the image of the Ariados vanish before your very eyes, the Bug-type quick to reveal and destroy it's one spider clone however you're left with the conundrum that you cannot see, nor hear, the spider.

Like a jaws-style standoff both you and Gloom stand still, listing for any signs of life amongst the foliage. Suddenly you hear a squeal, turning back to the web as the Gloom looks ready to pounce, only to find the recipient of that squeal to be Cotton once more, the spores seemingly carried by the wind slightly to the right, causing the Skiploom to become paralyzed.

Considering it's maybe for the best so the flier didn't get itself more entangled, Gloom cries out from your side as it jolts forward, skidding on the wet leaves as a Sneak attack sends it flying, the move coming from the Shadow and leaving the Ariados next to you, clapping its pincers in delight as it wardens up its next meal; much bigger and fleshier than the one it had already caught, but just as tasty.

Trying to step back, you see the pincers extend outwards, poisonous fangs clicking as the spider quickly outmaneuvers you, ready to strike. You close your eyes and pray to Arcues for your safety before a blinding Flash comes from the corner of your eye, one you can only assume to be Gloom returning to the state of play.

Eyes clamped shut you hear an almighty clasp, but you feel nothing. Presuming that it surely must be the Ariados getting you with poisonous venom that renders pain gone you open your eyes slowly, only to find the furry pincers literally inches from your nose. Angry that the Ariados could make such a move on its master, Gloom draws from the Hidden Power inside, striking the Ariados with a Flying type move to send it reeling away.

Breathing a sigh of relief you thank your Gloom, but tell it to stay on guard, once more unable to find the Ariados. However, it soon re-appears next to its spiders web, jumping down on the flower Pokémon before Furiously Swiping away, causing greater and greater hits with its arachnid legs, dealing a concession of damage and leaving Gloom looking slightly worse for wear, though the Ariados too looked hurt. With Gloom recoiling, the Ariados jumped back onto the web next to the paralyzed Skiploom.

What will you do?

Beau released his Stun Spore, intending on hitting the Ariados, but the bug suddenly disappeared and, quite unfortunately, the attack kept floating through where Ariados once was and Cotton found herself taking the paralysing attack. Suddenly Beau is sent flying by a Shadow Sneak from the bug/poison pokemon, who was now next to Karmas. The trainer tried to back away, but he was frozen with fear, something that he believed to be quite understandable considering the conditions. He closed his eyes and braced himself, hoping that what would happen would be nice and quick. Instead there was nothing but a bright flash of light. Cautiously opening his eyes Karmas saw Ariados' pincers only inches away from his nose. Beau glared at the bug who dared to try and attack his trainer, summoning up Hidden Power from within, the attack sending Ariados reeling away. Once again the spider disappeared, the disappearing already getting old to Karmas, but suddenly Ariados appeared again, furiously swiping at Beau. The shiny Gloom let out a cry of pain as the spider continued the onslaught before jumping back into its web.

"Beau are you alright?" asked Karmas, running over to his pokemon.

The Gloom nodded his head, though Karmas could see that he had been hurt by the Ariados.

"Okay then," said the trainer, "I want you to use Sunny Day so that you can speed up a bit, then I want you to use Body Slam and then I want you to finish up with an Energy Ball!"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.