UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #26
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Re: Free For All Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola
Ed, if you still want to jump in you can. I'd just like to get this Adventure rolling now. ^~

Sandaa – You and your dragon choose to ignore revenge in favor of finding a more satisfying dish for you to consume, and continue on with your descent into the valley, the two of you landing quietly at the edge of the Weyr. You slide off her back easily and take a glance around the town; there seems to be no one in sight. Feeling puzzled as to why there’s no activity going on here, you begin to wander deeper into the heart of the Weyr, searching for any person or dragon inhabitant. Ramoth drops down on all fours and follows behind you silently, weaving her large body through the wide gaps between the buildings without much trouble. The settlement has obviously been designed to accommodate dragons traveling the roads as well, although the streets are empty right now.

You reach the center of the town and stop short, confused and rather disappointed by the clear lack of commotion. You can hear Ramoth’s soft rumbling behind you, indicating her displeasure as well as her hunger.

Suddenly you hear a soft click, followed by the sound of a door being closed. You hastily turn around and spot a girl dressed in red, standing in front of one of the shelters, apparently having just exited the hut. She has her back to you, and for a moment all you can see is her long white hair, until she turns around and faces you. Her amber eyes look startled upon noticing your presence, and then glances frantically at the bored dragon sitting beside you. She runs up to you, and before you can ask her a question, she abruptly cuts in, speaking to you in an urgent tone.

“I’m sorry, you can’t be here right now. There’s been a severe epidemic recently affected all the dragons in the area. If you stay long, your Charizard might get sick too, and we haven’t been able to find a cure for it yet.” She glances down worriedly, and you suddenly realize that in her arms she’s holding a small bundle, consisting of a young Dratini wrapped in cloth. The Dratini’s eyes are closed and it is obviously in pain, writhing occasionally within its blanket like a snake. Its scales are also colored with an unhealthy-looking greenish-yellow tinge, making you feel concern.

She frowns gravely, and looks towards you again. “I’m sorry, I have to get this one to one of the caves. That’s where everyone is, trying to take care of all the patients. But there’s nothing we can do, we can’t send anyone to try and find a treatment…” She trails off, her mind seeming preoccupied. The Dratini in her arms suddenly starts to thrash about in intense agony, and the girl instantly forgets you, whirling around and hurrying off in the direction of the cliffs, heading towards a series of caverns on the side of the mountain. You glance nervously towards Ramoth, whose burning red eyes gaze back solemnly. Looks like this is serious.

Will you choose to stay and try to help? Or perhaps you should leave in order to ensure your own Pokémon’s safety. What will you decide?
As Gary and Ramoth head into the Weyr, they both notice how empty it is around there, almost hauntingly quiet. As they continue to explore around however, a girl holding a sickly Dratini runs up to them and tells them to get out of there, or else Ramoth might get infected as well.Gary and his Charizard exchange wary glances and then Gary turns back to the girl. "This sounds horrible, how can we help at all? We want to help find the cure to this disease, however we can possibly help!" Ramoth nodded as he said this, agreeing that she must help out her fellow dragonkind. "And if this is truely serious, Ramoth can stay out of the cave and go stretch her wings or something..." Gary continued, biting his lip and glancing at his Charizard out of the corner of his eye. He had a feeling she would not agree with this part, and he was right as she gave him a stern look, but Gary gave her a desperate look back, and the dragon queen sighed, backing off, knowing that she probably shouldn't be messing around with this disease.
By now the Dratini had begun to shudder violently and the girl had forgotten about Gary and Ramoth already, heading off in another direction. "Wait!" Gary called after her, running to catch up. "I can still help! Ramoth isn't my only flyer either, I have a Tropius too! We can go off and search for this cure, right?"

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sandaa – As the girl hastily informs you of the situation, you speak up, instantly feeling the need to help solve the crisis in whatever way you can. Ramoth nods with you, also sensing the necessity of these circumstances, for as a queen dragon herself, she knows it is her responsibility to give aid to her comrades. You mention she could stay far away from the terrible disease, and she gives you a severe look at this notion. However, you plead desperately with her through your eyes, and she yields reluctantly to your request, understanding your concern for her safety.

However, since the girl has been preoccupied with Dratini, your compromise goes unnoticed, and she turns and leaves you behind without saying anything in her haste. “Wait!” you call, and start to run after her. "I can still help! Ramoth isn't my only flyer either, I have a Tropius too! We can go off and search for this cure, right?" you shout to her, hoping that she’ll still be able to hear you over the distance she’d already covered.

She does, and stops for a moment, seeming at a loss what to do. Meanwhile, you catch up to her, panting slightly from the amount of effort you exerted while doing so. She looks at you and Ramoth, registering your determination, and nods once. “All right, come, follow me. My father might know what to do.” She takes your hand and leads you over to the caves, with Ramoth following behind at a cautious distance. Before entering, she turns and respectfully addresses Ramoth with an insistent tone. “You must wait here, your majesty. Don’t go inside.” Ramoth heeds her warning and parks herself a short distance from the entrance, her tail moving listlessly back and forth as she watches the two of you head inside, her red eyes following you anxiously.

When you step inside the cave, you are first surprised at how large the interior really is. The giant cavern looks like the kind of the chamber where monster dragons kept their horde like in storybooks, only now it is used to house several smaller dragons, who all appear sickly and unable to rise in order to defend against an unknown intruder. Many people are wandering about, covering the dragons’ backs with blankets and hurrying around carrying supplies. Those people disappear through several exits in the rock on the walls opposite to you; you assume they must lead to other large chambers like this, probably also filled with sick dragons. Your heart sinks a little at the thought, seeing all the villagers working so hard to help, but still unable to achieve anything in the face of such a huge crisis.

“Did you find her, Kal?” A man comes over with a small boy who looks like he’s been crying. The girl who’s been standing next to you steps forward and hands the bundle over to the kid, who exclaims joyfully upon seeing his Pokémon before running off to give it some medicine. The man watches him go with a grim face, then turns and looks at you with a mixture of curiosity and doubt. “Who’s this?” he asks, directing his question at the girl.

“Father, he just arrived in the village with his Charizard. I told him he should leave, but he wants to help by looking for a cure.”

The man nods, understanding you intentions. He then addresses you, sounding concerned. “Is your Charizard still healthy?” You nod, and he looks relieved for a moment before seeming serious again. “Listen, maybe you can help. None of us know how to treat this disease, but there may be one who does. Ziz, the dragon lord of the Sky. He lives on the highest mountaintop in the valley. Our village used to worship him, but ever since humans once launched an attack on his temple from the air he does not permit any creatures to fly near his mountain, lest he strike them down immediately. Thus we’ve had to pay reverent visits to his temple on foot, but the way is dangerous unless accompanied by a dragon, for there live many creatures on the mountain that humans are simply no match for; they can only be deterred by a dragon’s superbly powerful strength.

None of us have dared to attempt a journey to ask of Ziz his wisdom in dealing with the illness, for all the dragons in the vicinity have been affected so rapidly, and none of the villagers possess any other type of Pokémon that could help defend against the creatures. Thus we haven’t been able to do anything; we can’t even fly to another city to try and find help. Even if we were able to, the cities are so far away that by the time help does arrive, I fear it might be too late by now…”

He pauses in his speech, gazing at you meaningfully to see if you’ve understood what he’s been saying so far. “However, you’ve just arrived, so your Pokémon is still healthy. I hate to ask this of you when the task is so dangerous, but perhaps with your Charizard you’d be able to make it safely up the mountain to see Ziz. It is understandable if you do not wish to embark on this journey. We cannot spare any men to go along with you, since taking care of all the sick demands many more people as it is. However, you might be our only hope, please consider accepting.”

What will be your response?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 AM   #28
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa – As the girl hastily informs you of the situation, you speak up, instantly feeling the need to help solve the crisis in whatever way you can. Ramoth nods with you, also sensing the necessity of these circumstances, for as a queen dragon herself, she knows it is her responsibility to give aid to her comrades. You mention she could stay far away from the terrible disease, and she gives you a severe look at this notion. However, you plead desperately with her through your eyes, and she yields reluctantly to your request, understanding your concern for her safety.

However, since the girl has been preoccupied with Dratini, your compromise goes unnoticed, and she turns and leaves you behind without saying anything in her haste. “Wait!” you call, and start to run after her. "I can still help! Ramoth isn't my only flyer either, I have a Tropius too! We can go off and search for this cure, right?" you shout to her, hoping that she’ll still be able to hear you over the distance she’d already covered.

She does, and stops for a moment, seeming at a loss what to do. Meanwhile, you catch up to her, panting slightly from the amount of effort you exerted while doing so. She looks at you and Ramoth, registering your determination, and nods once. “All right, come, follow me. My father might know what to do.” She takes your hand and leads you over to the caves, with Ramoth following behind at a cautious distance. Before entering, she turns and respectfully addresses Ramoth with an insistent tone. “You must wait here, your majesty. Don’t go inside.” Ramoth heeds her warning and parks herself a short distance from the entrance, her tail moving listlessly back and forth as she watches the two of you head inside, her red eyes following you anxiously.

When you step inside the cave, you are first surprised at how large the interior really is. The giant cavern looks like the kind of the chamber where monster dragons kept their horde like in storybooks, only now it is used to house several smaller dragons, who all appear sickly and unable to rise in order to defend against an unknown intruder. Many people are wandering about, covering the dragons’ backs with blankets and hurrying around carrying supplies. Those people disappear through several exits in the rock on the walls opposite to you; you assume they must lead to other large chambers like this, probably also filled with sick dragons. Your heart sinks a little at the thought, seeing all the villagers working so hard to help, but still unable to achieve anything in the face of such a huge crisis.

“Did you find her, Kal?” A man comes over with a small boy who looks like he’s been crying. The girl who’s been standing next to you steps forward and hands the bundle over to the kid, who exclaims joyfully upon seeing his Pokémon before running off to give it some medicine. The man watches him go with a grim face, then turns and looks at you with a mixture of curiosity and doubt. “Who’s this?” he asks, directing his question at the girl.

“Father, he just arrived in the village with his Charizard. I told him he should leave, but he wants to help by looking for a cure.”

The man nods, understanding you intentions. He then addresses you, sounding concerned. “Is your Charizard still healthy?” You nod, and he looks relieved for a moment before seeming serious again. “Listen, maybe you can help. None of us know how to treat this disease, but there may be one who does. Ziz, the dragon lord of the Sky. He lives on the highest mountaintop in the valley. Our village used to worship him, but ever since humans once launched an attack on his temple from the air he does not permit any creatures to fly near his mountain, lest he strike them down immediately. Thus we’ve had to pay reverent visits to his temple on foot, but the way is dangerous unless accompanied by a dragon, for there live many creatures on the mountain that humans are simply no match for; they can only be deterred by a dragon’s superbly powerful strength.

None of us have dared to attempt a journey to ask of Ziz his wisdom in dealing with the illness, for all the dragons in the vicinity have been affected so rapidly, and none of the villagers possess any other type of Pokémon that could help defend against the creatures. Thus we haven’t been able to do anything; we can’t even fly to another city to try and find help. Even if we were able to, the cities are so far away that by the time help does arrive, I fear it might be too late by now…”

He pauses in his speech, gazing at you meaningfully to see if you’ve understood what he’s been saying so far. “However, you’ve just arrived, so your Pokémon is still healthy. I hate to ask this of you when the task is so dangerous, but perhaps with your Charizard you’d be able to make it safely up the mountain to see Ziz. It is understandable if you do not wish to embark on this journey. We cannot spare any men to go along with you, since taking care of all the sick demands many more people as it is. However, you might be our only hope, please consider accepting.”

What will be your response?
Gary followed the girl as she led him deeper into the cave, leaving the reluctant Ramoth behind to wait. As they enterred the main cavern, Gary looked up at all the huge, spacey surroundings, until he then looked at all of the poor, sickly dragons all around them. The girl walked up to a man, who was presumably her father, and a young boy. She handed the boy the Dratini she had been holding, and he happily ran off to tend to it. The girl's father then turned to face Gary and asked who he is.

"My name's Gary, sir, and I've come to help cure this disease in any way I can!" The girl then noted that he had a Charizard, and her father asked if she was still healthy, and Gary nodded. "Ramoth is in top condition; she's waiting just outside the cave too." The father then goes on to tell Gary about a man named Ziz, who lives up on top of the highest mountain, where there is lots of danger if one was to fly too close to it. The man then asked if Gary could do it, even though he would have no back ups if he needed it. Gary smiled at this challenge and nodded, "You bet I'm ready! Not only is Ramoth a strong, healthy dragon, but she's a dragon queen! We have all the right motives to perservere!" Taking a moment to think about it, Gary realived that he actually had two dragon queens. But Devine was more suited for the water, and was ruled out for this case. "Ramoth isn't my only flyer though. If things get bad, I have my Tropius and Ninjask to help me out too!" Gary smiled as he said this, a surge of confidence flowing through him. Hopefully it wasn't overconfidence.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #29
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sandaa – The girl’s father blinks twice at your exceedingly enthusiastic response, perhaps amazed by your outward display of confidence. Then he smiles and pats your shoulder. “Good. That’s the kind of spirit that a hero must have. I am glad you accept. The future of these dragons depends on your capabilities now.”

In response to this serious statement, your stomach suddenly growls rather loudly, growing impatient by this talk. You blush, remembering the reason why you came here in the first place, which was to find something delicious to satisfy your tummy. The man’s tired-looking face abruptly lights up with mirth, and he chuckles affably. “All right, first we shall break for lunch. We must remain well-fed to stay healthy.”

Before you know it, you’re helping to hastily prepare and deliver sandwiches to all the humans inside the cave, as well as giving nourishment to the dragons. Kal, the girl you met earlier, works alongside you, making the meals faster and much better-tasting than you can (according to the testers) so you end up doing most of the distribution. In the time you take to complete the last delivery, Kal also brought food out to Ramoth, who has been waiting rather anxiously this whole time. You come out to find the two eating together (having their own separate lunches of course) like they’re old friends, and you join them, exhausted. Kal hands over to you your set of sandwiches and you devour them all greedily, ignoring the girls’ looks. You talk with Kal for a bit, and learn that she’s not really from this village, and that her dad adopted her when she appeared in town one day and didn’t remember where she came from.

Her father comes out then to speak with you. “Are you rested well enough? I’m sorry to rush you, but it’s probably best you leave in search of a cure as soon as possible. The dragons seem to be doing a bit better thanks to the care we’ve given them, but still we don’t know how long they will last.”

You stand up, resolute in your decision to set off this very moment when Kal stops you for a moment. “Wait, I prepared food for you to take on your journey.” She hands you a lunchbox wrapped in cloth, then mysteriously produces another one and holds it before her. “I also made one for myself,” she announces meaningfully.

Her father seems startled by this proclamation. “But, you’re not going,” he protests, more in the voice of a confused child instead of her father.

The girl gazes at him determinedly. “I know the mountain paths better than anyone. How else is he going to know the way up the mountain to see Lord Ziz?”

Faced with this strong argument, the man had to relent, but he turns to you with a severe face. “You will take care of Kal and make sure she remains well out of danger. I will not forgive you if she comes home harmed, even if you do find a cure to this disease.”

“Father!’ the girl reproaches, and the man releases you from his frightening gaze. “I’m sorry,” she says, turning to you. “Anyway, we’d best get going. We can’t waste much time.”

Agreeing with her, you climb on top of Ramoth, who’s finished her meal and is now energized for the adventure. Holding a hand out to Kal, you help her onto Ramoth’s back as well, and wait until she’s settled before taking off. “Be safe,” her father tells her, looking serious, and she smiles back at him.

You take off, and fly at a low altitude out of cautiousness. Kal points out which mountain is Ziz’s home and you head towards it, arriving at its base in a matter of a few short minutes. You land at the bottom and both of you dismount, as from here on out the three of you will have to walk. Kal starts up the mountain first and you follow at a close distance, heeding her father’s words to make sure she remains safe under your care. Ramoth watches over both of you, taking up the rear and remaining alert in case any monsters tried to launch an attack on you.

It isn’t long before you encounter your first obstacle: a large pile of rocks sits blocking the path before you. Kal frowns as she steps forward to examine them. “There must have been a rockslide,” she murmurs, “I suppose we could risk flying over them at this height.” As she thinks aloud, she places a hand on one of the boulders, and immediately retracts it when she feels the object shift on its own. The entire structure comes to life and breaks apart, revealing itself actually to be composed of Pokémon; Three Geodude, two Graveler, and a Golem to be exact. They rumble fiercely and surround your group in a circle as they continue to block your path. One of the Graveler shoots out a stony arm and grabs Kal’s wrist, causing her to yell and give it a kick in response. Unfortunately, due to the creature having the consistency of a rock, this only succeeds in causing her foot pain instead.

Another Graveler comes rolling maliciously towards you. Ramoth hisses and bends down on her haunches, ready for action. What will you do?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #30
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa – The girl’s father blinks twice at your exceedingly enthusiastic response, perhaps amazed by your outward display of confidence. Then he smiles and pats your shoulder. “Good. That’s the kind of spirit that a hero must have. I am glad you accept. The future of these dragons depends on your capabilities now.”

In response to this serious statement, your stomach suddenly growls rather loudly, growing impatient by this talk. You blush, remembering the reason why you came here in the first place, which was to find something delicious to satisfy your tummy. The man’s tired-looking face abruptly lights up with mirth, and he chuckles affably. “All right, first we shall break for lunch. We must remain well-fed to stay healthy.”

Before you know it, you’re helping to hastily prepare and deliver sandwiches to all the humans inside the cave, as well as giving nourishment to the dragons. Kal, the girl you met earlier, works alongside you, making the meals faster and much better-tasting than you can (according to the testers) so you end up doing most of the distribution. In the time you take to complete the last delivery, Kal also brought food out to Ramoth, who has been waiting rather anxiously this whole time. You come out to find the two eating together (having their own separate lunches of course) like they’re old friends, and you join them, exhausted. Kal hands over to you your set of sandwiches and you devour them all greedily, ignoring the girls’ looks. You talk with Kal for a bit, and learn that she’s not really from this village, and that her dad adopted her when she appeared in town one day and didn’t remember where she came from.

Her father comes out then to speak with you. “Are you rested well enough? I’m sorry to rush you, but it’s probably best you leave in search of a cure as soon as possible. The dragons seem to be doing a bit better thanks to the care we’ve given them, but still we don’t know how long they will last.”

You stand up, resolute in your decision to set off this very moment when Kal stops you for a moment. “Wait, I prepared food for you to take on your journey.” She hands you a lunchbox wrapped in cloth, then mysteriously produces another one and holds it before her. “I also made one for myself,” she announces meaningfully.

Her father seems startled by this proclamation. “But, you’re not going,” he protests, more in the voice of a confused child instead of her father.

The girl gazes at him determinedly. “I know the mountain paths better than anyone. How else is he going to know the way up the mountain to see Lord Ziz?”

Faced with this strong argument, the man had to relent, but he turns to you with a severe face. “You will take care of Kal and make sure she remains well out of danger. I will not forgive you if she comes home harmed, even if you do find a cure to this disease.”

“Father!’ the girl reproaches, and the man releases you from his frightening gaze. “I’m sorry,” she says, turning to you. “Anyway, we’d best get going. We can’t waste much time.”

Agreeing with her, you climb on top of Ramoth, who’s finished her meal and is now energized for the adventure. Holding a hand out to Kal, you help her onto Ramoth’s back as well, and wait until she’s settled before taking off. “Be safe,” her father tells her, looking serious, and she smiles back at him.

You take off, and fly at a low altitude out of cautiousness. Kal points out which mountain is Ziz’s home and you head towards it, arriving at its base in a matter of a few short minutes. You land at the bottom and both of you dismount, as from here on out the three of you will have to walk. Kal starts up the mountain first and you follow at a close distance, heeding her father’s words to make sure she remains safe under your care. Ramoth watches over both of you, taking up the rear and remaining alert in case any monsters tried to launch an attack on you.

It isn’t long before you encounter your first obstacle: a large pile of rocks sits blocking the path before you. Kal frowns as she steps forward to examine them. “There must have been a rockslide,” she murmurs, “I suppose we could risk flying over them at this height.” As she thinks aloud, she places a hand on one of the boulders, and immediately retracts it when she feels the object shift on its own. The entire structure comes to life and breaks apart, revealing itself actually to be composed of Pokémon; Three Geodude, two Graveler, and a Golem to be exact. They rumble fiercely and surround your group in a circle as they continue to block your path. One of the Graveler shoots out a stony arm and grabs Kal’s wrist, causing her to yell and give it a kick in response. Unfortunately, due to the creature having the consistency of a rock, this only succeeds in causing her foot pain instead.

Another Graveler comes rolling maliciously towards you. Ramoth hisses and bends down on her haunches, ready for action. What will you do?

Gary smiled as he and Kal handed out sandwiches to all of the people in the cave, constantly thinking about that task at hand. This Ziz character seemed intimidating, so he was excited to go with Ramoth to see him. However, he didn't really know what to expect, so he kept pondering as he walked to eat lunch with Ramoth.

As he arrived by his dragon's side, Kal was already there, eating lunch with the Charizard, and Gary sat down next to them. They gave him a quick look and Gary rolled his eyes, muttering, "Girls..." with a chuckle. After they had chatted a little and finished their lunches, Kal's father came out to see them and once again reminded Gary of what his task was. Kal then handed Gary another meal for later and then announced that she was going to accompany them as well. Her father protested, but Kal argued that she knew the mountain passes well and so her father gave in. He then threatened Gary to take care of Kal and Gary grinned nervously, "Oh nothing to worry about, with Ramoth here, you have nothing to worry about!" Hastily climbing up on Ramoth's back, sitting in the crease between her wings and her neck, he extended a hand to help Kal up. Soon enough, they had taken flight, headed in the direction of Ziz's mountain.

Once they arrived at the mountain, they had to land because of the perils of flying up, and they started up the trail, Kal in the lead and Ramoth in the rear. After a few minutes of walking, they approached a landslide, which blocked the path. Gary bit his lip and then watched at Kal went up to investigate. Suddenly, one of the rock's arms grabbed her to their astonishment, and then the rubble rolled out and attacked them. It was three Geodudes, two Graveler, and a Golem, all appearing quite aggressive. "Kal!" Gary gritted his teeth, not wanting to try anything risky with her in the Graveler's possesion. "Are you okay?" he asked her before turning to Ramoth.

"Ramoth, let's show these guys who's boss! You too Raphael, let's go!" He quickly pulled a pokeball off of his belt and threw it up. In a bright flash, a Blastoise appeared, landing on the ground with a thud. He stood up on his hind legs and bellowed "Toise!" as two large cannons burst from his shell. "Alright, these guys wanna mess, so let's show them who's boss guys! Ramoth I want you to start off by Growling fiercely at them while showing your Scariest Face, and Raphael, I want you to quickly take out those three Geodudes with a good dousing of a Water Gun! Ramoth, I want you to then go and use your Shadow Claw on the Graveler who is holding Kal and try to free her, but please be careful of Kal, and Raphie, blast the other Graveler with a Bubble-Ice Punch combination!" Gary then faced the Golem, who he had not set a target on with his pokemon. He held his hands out defiantly against it, still gritting his teeth. "I won't let you hurt Kal and I won't let you block us!" he ordered it, as his two pokemon prepared to attack.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #31
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sandaa – Acting swiftly, you release your Blastoise onto the scene and give your commands to the two Fire and Water behemoths. Ramoth begins by letting out a furious roar as she glares fiercely around at the rocks surrounding her, attempting to frighten them into submission. However, it is difficult for her to stare all of them down at once, and so the two Geodude behind her who aren’t caught by her terrible gaze decide to close in for an attack, having recovered from the sound shock they received earlier. Both of them use DOUBLE-EDGE, striking the same place in succession on Ramoth’s back, causing her to roar in pain. Raphael quickly comes to his partner’s rescue, firing a high-pressure jet of water at all three Geodude. The advantage of having double cannons becomes apparent when taking down multiple targets.

Ramoth shakes off the blow and, remembering her next orders, launches towards the Graveler holding Kal captive with a claw raised, ready to swipe at the rock with ghostly power. Having been slightly intimidated by the dragon’s earlier display, the rock creature opts for a defensive response, letting go of Kal to wrap its arms around itself in a tight DEFENSE CURL. Ramoth hisses as her sharp claws merely glance off the toughened rock exterior, but at least Kal was free. She runs to you, shooting back an indignant glance at her previous captor, who was now attempting to hide within itself. You meet her and resolve to stay close to the girl from now on to prevent another incident like that from happening, backing up to remain within the protective perimeter of Blastoise and Charizard.

Meanwhile, there is still the other Graveler to worry about, who is fast approaching from your side. Raphael spins around in reaction and quickly makes the switch from shooting jets of water to firing large streams of bubbles at the attacker. The Graveler sneers and suddenly also curls up into a ball. However, it continues on its course, using the momentum and gyrating motion of ROLLOUT to deflect the bubbles. It continues reeling in Raphie’s direction, rapidly building up speed before colliding into the Blastoise’s stomach. The Blastoise grimaces slightly from the impact, but stands his ground, drawing back a fist, which becomes surrounded with frost. He knocks the boulder back fiercely, almost forcing it off the mountainside. It teeters on the edge for a few moments, but manages to right itself and roll back to a safer position, still rounded in preparation for another attack.

You turn to face Golem, who has yet to act thus far. Defiantly you thrust out your hands and proclaim that you won’t allow them to continue to block your way. The Golem reacts by punching the mountainside, causing several huge rocks to come loose and fall down. All the Rock-types then proceed to catch the ROCKs and THROW them at your party, bellowing ferociously. Raphael and Ramoth quickly position themselves to form a protective barrier around you and Kal, flinching as they receive the brunt of the attack. In the end, Ramoth is pretty badly bruised where the rocks hit, while Raphael is slightly better off due to his shell. They make sure you and Kal are okay, then turn again to face their numerous opponents, glaring at each other with dislike.

Three Geodude, two Graveler (who are both in a rolled-up stance), and Golem remain. What will your next move be?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #32
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa – Acting swiftly, you release your Blastoise onto the scene and give your commands to the two Fire and Water behemoths. Ramoth begins by letting out a furious roar as she glares fiercely around at the rocks surrounding her, attempting to frighten them into submission. However, it is difficult for her to stare all of them down at once, and so the two Geodude behind her who aren’t caught by her terrible gaze decide to close in for an attack, having recovered from the sound shock they received earlier. Both of them use DOUBLE-EDGE, striking the same place in succession on Ramoth’s back, causing her to roar in pain. Raphael quickly comes to his partner’s rescue, firing a high-pressure jet of water at all three Geodude. The advantage of having double cannons becomes apparent when taking down multiple targets.

Ramoth shakes off the blow and, remembering her next orders, launches towards the Graveler holding Kal captive with a claw raised, ready to swipe at the rock with ghostly power. Having been slightly intimidated by the dragon’s earlier display, the rock creature opts for a defensive response, letting go of Kal to wrap its arms around itself in a tight DEFENSE CURL. Ramoth hisses as her sharp claws merely glance off the toughened rock exterior, but at least Kal was free. She runs to you, shooting back an indignant glance at her previous captor, who was now attempting to hide within itself. You meet her and resolve to stay close to the girl from now on to prevent another incident like that from happening, backing up to remain within the protective perimeter of Blastoise and Charizard.

Meanwhile, there is still the other Graveler to worry about, who is fast approaching from your side. Raphael spins around in reaction and quickly makes the switch from shooting jets of water to firing large streams of bubbles at the attacker. The Graveler sneers and suddenly also curls up into a ball. However, it continues on its course, using the momentum and gyrating motion of ROLLOUT to deflect the bubbles. It continues reeling in Raphie’s direction, rapidly building up speed before colliding into the Blastoise’s stomach. The Blastoise grimaces slightly from the impact, but stands his ground, drawing back a fist, which becomes surrounded with frost. He knocks the boulder back fiercely, almost forcing it off the mountainside. It teeters on the edge for a few moments, but manages to right itself and roll back to a safer position, still rounded in preparation for another attack.

You turn to face Golem, who has yet to act thus far. Defiantly you thrust out your hands and proclaim that you won’t allow them to continue to block your way. The Golem reacts by punching the mountainside, causing several huge rocks to come loose and fall down. All the Rock-types then proceed to catch the ROCKs and THROW them at your party, bellowing ferociously. Raphael and Ramoth quickly position themselves to form a protective barrier around you and Kal, flinching as they receive the brunt of the attack. In the end, Ramoth is pretty badly bruised where the rocks hit, while Raphael is slightly better off due to his shell. They make sure you and Kal are okay, then turn again to face their numerous opponents, glaring at each other with dislike.

Three Geodude, two Graveler (who are both in a rolled-up stance), and Golem remain. What will your next move be?

Things were not looking good for Gary's team. Ramoth had taken a bit of a beating while trying to intimidate the pokemon, and Raphael's attacks had almost no effect on his targets, despite the obvious type advantage. Luckily, as Ramoth attacked one of the Graveler, it let go of Kal, who ran over beside Gary. Gary looked at her, worried for a moment, and asked, "Kal! Are you alright?"

Having almost no time to lose, he gritted his teeth and turned back to the situation. The Golem then pounded a great deal of rubble out of the mountainside, in which all the rock pokemon began to Throw the Rocks at the group. Ramoth and Raphael stepped in to block the attacks, but the results were not pretty, especially for the fire and flying type. "Ramoth! Hang in there, you can do this! You too Raphael!" Gary glared at the group of rock pokemon and began to prepare for the next round of attacks.

One of the Gravelers was curled up in a Rollout ball, ready to strike once again, so Gary addressed that one first. "Raphael, as that Graveler begins to use Rollout again, start off with a Rapid Spin to get behind it, and then blast it with a Water Gun! Ramoth, I then want you to burn the other Graveler with a Dragonbreath, and follow it up by firing a widespread Dragon Rage on the Geodudes! To finish things off, I want both of you to then target the Golem. Ramoth, hit it with a Dragonbreath and Raphael, blast it with a Flash Cannon!" Gary nervously watched his pokemon and hoped they would pull through, seeing as it was six against two.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sandaa – “I’m fine. Thank you, Gary,” Kal responds breathlessly. Relieved for a moment, you grimace again as you watch your Pokémon receive damage from the rocks thrown at them. Quickly you bark out a new set of orders for them, and watch anxiously as the next round unfolds.

Graveler starts off by hurtling towards Raphael again in another ROLLOUT, this time moving slightly faster. Raphael responds however by retracting into his shell and also spinning, utilizing the speed to help him move out of the way and appear behind the rolling rock creature on its destructive path. There he swiftly halts his rotation and pops his head and cannons out again, immediately blasting the confused Graveler from behind with water and sending it crashing superbly into the rock face. A Geodude in its path gave a startled cry as it was forced to move quickly aside just as the boulder hurtled past it. It then watches curiously as its kin manages to peel itself off the mountainside and stagger back, shaking its arms furiously. Looks like this one’s not out of commission just yet.

Meanwhile, Ramoth has shaken off the pain and quickly obeys your command to breathe green flames onto the other Graveler, who is still wrapped up in a closed ball. The blazes lick the boulder hotly, as its stance does little to protect it from the electrifying heat. In a panic, it starts to ROLLOUT like its brother, carrying the flames with it as they engulf the rock inside a blue inferno. It ends up crashing directly into Raphael, who grunts in shock as he has yet to stand up, and therefore cannot make use of his arms or legs to brace against the impact. By the time he gets them out, he’s ended up on his back thanks to the force of the blow to his side, and frantically flailing his limbs only causes him to rock a little back and forth. Kal lets out a small sympathetic cry upon seeing the upside-down turtle, though you can’t help but feel somewhat humiliated by the situation as you watch him try desperately to get back up on his feet.

Ramoth ignores these proceedings for the moment as she follows through with her next attack, summoning a huge fireball which she launches in the direction of the three Geodude hovering nearby. As they were absorbed in watching the overturned turtle thrash angrily about, they are caught unawares by the sudden attack. The fireball lands in between them, exploding within each of their faces and sending all of them flying back. Having already been weakened severely by the water attack earlier, two of them faint straight away as they hit the side of the mountain, while the last manages to remain awake long enough to pull off one last attack (having been the farthest from the explosion when it occurred).

Unable to hover above the ground, the Geodude drags itself over with its arms to the immobilized Blastoise, attempting to get as close to the giant turtle as possible. Raphael notices it approaching and draws back into his shell, hoping to prepare himself for whatever the rock creature was planning. Just before its strength it about to give out, the Geodude uses the last of its energy to surround itself in a white glow as it SELFDESTRUCTs, dealing heavy damage to Raphael. Although his shell absorbs some of the damage, the force from the close-range explosion is so great that he feels a good deal of the shock from within, and you and Kal can both hear his roar of anguish. On the plus side though, the force from the blast causes his shell to flip over so now it’s right-side up, and at length he re-emerges from his shell and rises slowly to his feet, looking extremely exhausted.

Still, he turns in the direction of the next target that you set for him, and Ramoth, seeing that her partner has gotten up, consents to carry out her next attack. Breathing more flames onto Golem, the rock creature plants its feet firmly and braces itself against the attack, not moving an inch. Raphael follows up by firing a steel flash from his cannons at the Golem, who again receives the attack without balking. Golem then jumps up and then lands, sending shockwaves through the earth radiating towards Charizard and Blastoise. You and Kal can also feel the effect of the strong MAGNITUDE, and you both fall over in surprise as the ground rumbles underneath you. The ground threatens to split as several rocks come loose and tumble down the side of the mountain, fortunately none of them landing near you. Ramoth and Raphael brace themselves against the shock, and once it’s past, manage to steady themselves again and glare at their remaining opponents. Both of them are looking tired now though from using so much energy, and Raphael looks especially worn down after getting caught in the explosion. Two Graveler and Golem remain. What will you do now?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #34
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa – “I’m fine. Thank you, Gary,” Kal responds breathlessly. Relieved for a moment, you grimace again as you watch your Pokémon receive damage from the rocks thrown at them. Quickly you bark out a new set of orders for them, and watch anxiously as the next round unfolds.

Graveler starts off by hurtling towards Raphael again in another ROLLOUT, this time moving slightly faster. Raphael responds however by retracting into his shell and also spinning, utilizing the speed to help him move out of the way and appear behind the rolling rock creature on its destructive path. There he swiftly halts his rotation and pops his head and cannons out again, immediately blasting the confused Graveler from behind with water and sending it crashing superbly into the rock face. A Geodude in its path gave a startled cry as it was forced to move quickly aside just as the boulder hurtled past it. It then watches curiously as its kin manages to peel itself off the mountainside and stagger back, shaking its arms furiously. Looks like this one’s not out of commission just yet.

Meanwhile, Ramoth has shaken off the pain and quickly obeys your command to breathe green flames onto the other Graveler, who is still wrapped up in a closed ball. The blazes lick the boulder hotly, as its stance does little to protect it from the electrifying heat. In a panic, it starts to ROLLOUT like its brother, carrying the flames with it as they engulf the rock inside a blue inferno. It ends up crashing directly into Raphael, who grunts in shock as he has yet to stand up, and therefore cannot make use of his arms or legs to brace against the impact. By the time he gets them out, he’s ended up on his back thanks to the force of the blow to his side, and frantically flailing his limbs only causes him to rock a little back and forth. Kal lets out a small sympathetic cry upon seeing the upside-down turtle, though you can’t help but feel somewhat humiliated by the situation as you watch him try desperately to get back up on his feet.

Ramoth ignores these proceedings for the moment as she follows through with her next attack, summoning a huge fireball which she launches in the direction of the three Geodude hovering nearby. As they were absorbed in watching the overturned turtle thrash angrily about, they are caught unawares by the sudden attack. The fireball lands in between them, exploding within each of their faces and sending all of them flying back. Having already been weakened severely by the water attack earlier, two of them faint straight away as they hit the side of the mountain, while the last manages to remain awake long enough to pull off one last attack (having been the farthest from the explosion when it occurred).

Unable to hover above the ground, the Geodude drags itself over with its arms to the immobilized Blastoise, attempting to get as close to the giant turtle as possible. Raphael notices it approaching and draws back into his shell, hoping to prepare himself for whatever the rock creature was planning. Just before its strength it about to give out, the Geodude uses the last of its energy to surround itself in a white glow as it SELFDESTRUCTs, dealing heavy damage to Raphael. Although his shell absorbs some of the damage, the force from the close-range explosion is so great that he feels a good deal of the shock from within, and you and Kal can both hear his roar of anguish. On the plus side though, the force from the blast causes his shell to flip over so now it’s right-side up, and at length he re-emerges from his shell and rises slowly to his feet, looking extremely exhausted.

Still, he turns in the direction of the next target that you set for him, and Ramoth, seeing that her partner has gotten up, consents to carry out her next attack. Breathing more flames onto Golem, the rock creature plants its feet firmly and braces itself against the attack, not moving an inch. Raphael follows up by firing a steel flash from his cannons at the Golem, who again receives the attack without balking. Golem then jumps up and then lands, sending shockwaves through the earth radiating towards Charizard and Blastoise. You and Kal can also feel the effect of the strong MAGNITUDE, and you both fall over in surprise as the ground rumbles underneath you. The ground threatens to split as several rocks come loose and tumble down the side of the mountain, fortunately none of them landing near you. Ramoth and Raphael brace themselves against the shock, and once it’s past, manage to steady themselves again and glare at their remaining opponents. Both of them are looking tired now though from using so much energy, and Raphael looks especially worn down after getting caught in the explosion. Two Graveler and Golem remain. What will you do now?

Gary smiled momentarily as Kal said she was okay, but that smile quickly turned to a frown as he grit his teeth. "Ramoth and Raphael! Are you guys okay?" he called out to them, almost panicked. His pokemon had managed to take out the three geodudes, but they were also taking quite a beating. The Charizard and Blastoise were both breathing pretty heavily. Then the ground started to shake.

"Gah!" he yelled, trying to keep his balance. Without realizing it, he grabbed Kal's arm to try and steady himself, but the Magnitude picked up and both of them fell down. Looking around to see what was causing these tremors, he then saw the Golem. Gary glared at it, furious with this creature for putting his pokemon through so much pain. "You'll pay for this! He yelled at it. Once the tremors stopped, he quickly got back to his feet and extended an arm to help Kal up, realizing she had fallen next to him. "You okay?" he asked her once again, this time concerning their tumble from the attack. He then looked at Ramoth and Raphael again. They were in even worse condition than before. Gary bit his lip hard and began to reach for a pokeball on his belt. Maybe one of his other pokemon could finish the job. But slowly, Ramoth and Raphael got to their feet, shaking off their pain. Seeing as his pokemon weren't ready to give up and surrender, Gary realized they weren't too different from himself. "It wouldn't be fair to them," he whispered to himself, "They probably would think I didn't trust them if I call them back now. They have too much pride... as do I!"

Gary clanched his fist and pointed at his pokemon. "I have trust in you guys, I know you can do this! They still have us out numbered and we've taken a few blows, but we've just got to keep going, don't we?" Ramoth and Raphael faced their trainer and nodded, fire in their eyes. Ramoth let out a roar and Raphael cried, "Toise!" Gary smirked and nodded. "Good, here's what we're gonna do then... Raphael, I want you to Dig underground and attack that Golem! When you emerge from below, hit it with a Water Gun! Ramoth, because he's going underground, he's prone to any more earth shaking moves they might use, so you need to cover Raphie! Fly out of reach of the Gravelers' Rollouts and set your sight on the Golem! Stare it down with a Scary Face and then distract it with a weak Ember long enough until Raphael can attack! You got it, guys?" Both the Charizard and Blastoise nodded, ready to attack with their new plan.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #35
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sorry for the wait, guys. Been caught up in playing Chrono Trigger. XP

Anyhoo, welcome back, Harper. =3 I look forward to Updating you again. <3

Ziz's Mountain

Sandaa – You and Kal stand up with each other’s help, and you shoot a violent glare at the Golem, enraged at its relentless attacks towards you and your companions. Surveying your Pokémon’s condition, you bite your lip, realizing the full extent of physical damage that’s been rendered upon them. Your hand lingers by your belt for a moment, hesitating to send out someone else to finish off the battle. However, as you watch, Ramoth and Raphael gradually begin to regain their footing, and you allow your hand to relax, realizing that they’re not about to give up this fight, and neither are you.

Clenching the hand you would’ve you used to summon another Pokémon, you point at Raphael and Ramoth significantly in order to disguise your first intent. You proclaim your trust in them, stating that they must keep going if they refuse to surrender. The two turn to you and nod in agreement, their eyes blazing with fighting spirit. To back up their resolve, they let out aggresive war cries which display the abundance of power they still have remaining. You smirk and nod approvingly at their response before giving them your orders. Upon receiving them, they nod in understanding, and turn back to face the remaining Golem and Graveler, ready to execute their plan.

Raphael starts off by retracting once again into his shell and rotating rapidly once again, this time using the speed of his attack to drill a hole into the earth, vanishing abruptly from the opponents’ sight. Ramoth reacts simultaneously, flapping her wings in order to rise suddenly off the ground, although still remaining cautiously close to the earth as she feels she must still be wary of attracting Ziz’s attention. The Golem and Graveler glare at her, hovering above their reach so that they can’t do anything to harm her. She grins toothily at the earthbound beasts rolling around below, and fixes Golem with a stern gaze, staring it down with a fearsome countenance. Her glare is powerful enough to cause the Golem to balk a bit, unsure whether or not to attack either of these two fearsome warriors. Ramoth leaves it no room to make a decision, as she quickly opens her mouth and starts to spin around, spewing fire onto the earth. One of the Graveler who previously received one of Ramoth’s flame attacks starts to panic upon seeing the ground catch fire around it, immediately rolling up into a DEFENSE CURL again to try and protect itself (to little avail). Meanwhile the Golem is a bit calmer and attempts to put out the fire by stamping with its feet, while the other Graveler sees the leader’s actions and tries to mimic them.

Their attention effectively taken away from Raphael by the fire, he uses the time to quickly tunnel towards the Golem. He then re-emerges unexpectedly from the earth directly underneath his target, toppling the rock beast. Before the Golem can stand up, Raphael positions his cannons to fire two fierce jets of water upon the Golem’s back, forcing the boulder back down by focusing on one point. At last the attack finishes, and Golem slowly manages to rise, angrily facing its assailant. With an enraged roar it runs forward and attacks Raphael with a powerful STONE EDGE. The close proximity now becomes a double-edged sword for Raphael and he gets knocked violently onto his back. This final assault combined with the all the injuries he’s received thus far causes him to pass out, unable to go on any longer.

Ramoth remains hovering above the earth, still able to fight as her height prevented her from receiving any attacks. Two Graveler and Golem remain, however all three appear to be especially weak at this point.

*Blastoise has been KO’d*

What will you do now?

The Rock Garden

Harper – You give the locket to Wingull to wear, who shivers slightly as the cold metal touches him, but otherwise makes no complaint. The three of you then continue on past the pile of rocks, and enter another section you haven’t seen before. Or have you? After some studying, you conclude that this place is nearby where you first arrived. You realize you must have walked in a complete circle around the entire garden. Over there you can spot the tall rock with the shelf that you had lain under, and on top of it is…

You gasp. You hadn’t seen it before since the shelf had blocked it from view when you were lying down, but now that you’ve approached from the side, you can distinguish clearly the long, graceful form of a Dragonair curled up on top of the rock. Its elegance reminds you of the Milotic statue you’d witnessed earlier, only this figure appears more celestial against the ruby and lavender background. Its back is arched, the wings on the sides of its head represented by crude shards, which are spread open as if its about to take flight from a cliff. The tip of its tiny horn touches the small moon which has gradually begun to appear in the sky, appearing very magical and ethereal. Overall, the image looks so very alive, even though it’s only made of stone like the others. The sight of it absolutely stuns you.

Something catches your eyes, and you look a bit closer, examining the sculpture carefully. The sky is beginning to get dark, but there is still some pale light remaining from the sunset. Something on the Dragonair statue seems to be catching that light, causing it to sparkle brilliantly, like a small bright star. The location of the object seems to be somewhere around the creature’s neck. You move closer, but the stature is so high that you still can’t really see what it is. Looking at the statue’s pedestal, you find that there are depressions in the rock which could serve as hand and footholds for you if you wish to climb.

There’s also something else here that you hadn’t observed before. Behind the rock, standing a few yards away is, strangely enough, what appears to be an electricity pole. It towers high above you, casting a long, thin shadow across the ground. In fact, you’ve been standing in its shadow for a while now. Now that you’re aware of it, it feels a little strange. As if standing here it’s much too cold… When you try to see where the wires attached to the pole lead, you find your vision obstructed by tall trees. Wait, trees?

You blink. Again you encounter something you hadn’t picked up on when you’d first visited this place. To your direct right is a way out from the garden. The path leads through a grove of coniferous trees and into a deep forest, which is most likely the
Alpine Forest you’ve read about in the guidebook. As the earth recedes into the wood, it becomes covered in a light layer of frost. How come you never noticed this exit before?

You suddenly glance down instinctively. The pole’s shadow beneath you wavers momentarily, then straightens itself. You frown.

What will you do now?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #36
Harper

Quote:
Sorry for the wait, guys. Been caught up in playing Chrono Trigger. XP

Anyhoo, welcome back, Harper. =3 I look forward to Updating you again. <3

The Rock Garden

Harper – You give the locket to Wingull to wear, who shivers slightly as the cold metal touches him, but otherwise makes no complaint. The three of you then continue on past the pile of rocks, and enter another section you haven’t seen before. Or have you? After some studying, you conclude that this place is nearby where you first arrived. You realize you must have walked in a complete circle around the entire garden. Over there you can spot the tall rock with the shelf that you had lain under, and on top of it is…

You gasp. You hadn’t seen it before since the shelf had blocked it from view when you were lying down, but now that you’ve approached from the side, you can distinguish clearly the long, graceful form of a Dragonair curled up on top of the rock. Its elegance reminds you of the Milotic statue you’d witnessed earlier, only this figure appears more celestial against the ruby and lavender background. Its back is arched, the wings on the sides of its head represented by crude shards, which are spread open as if its about to take flight from a cliff. The tip of its tiny horn touches the small moon which has gradually begun to appear in the sky, appearing very magical and ethereal. Overall, the image looks so very alive, even though it’s only made of stone like the others. The sight of it absolutely stuns you.

Something catches your eyes, and you look a bit closer, examining the sculpture carefully. The sky is beginning to get dark, but there is still some pale light remaining from the sunset. Something on the Dragonair statue seems to be catching that light, causing it to sparkle brilliantly, like a small bright star. The location of the object seems to be somewhere around the creature’s neck. You move closer, but the stature is so high that you still can’t really see what it is. Looking at the statue’s pedestal, you find that there are depressions in the rock which could serve as hand and footholds for you if you wish to climb.

There’s also something else here that you hadn’t observed before. Behind the rock, standing a few yards away is, strangely enough, what appears to be an electricity pole. It towers high above you, casting a long, thin shadow across the ground. In fact, you’ve been standing in its shadow for a while now. Now that you’re aware of it, it feels a little strange. As if standing here it’s much too cold… When you try to see where the wires attached to the pole lead, you find your vision obstructed by tall trees. Wait, trees?

You blink. Again you encounter something you hadn’t picked up on when you’d first visited this place. To your direct right is a way out from the garden. The path leads through a grove of coniferous trees and into a deep forest, which is most likely the
Alpine Forest you’ve read about in the guidebook. As the earth recedes into the wood, it becomes covered in a light layer of frost. How come you never noticed this exit before?

You suddenly glance down instinctively. The pole’s shadow beneath you wavers momentarily, then straightens itself. You frown.

What will you do now?

Jenna settles Wingull on her shoulder after giving him the locket to wear, then she and Charmander continue walking into the next clearing. Ahead of her is a tall rock, with a sharp cut in its base that makes a hollow large enough for a person to shelter in. That might make a good place to rest for the night, Jenna thinks, noting the setting sun in the West. She walks closer to inspect the spot more carefully, and realizes that she had already sheltered here under the rock shelf, when she had first arrived in the Rock Garden. Turning in a circle to examine the clearing more fully, Jenna gasps as she notices something she hadn't seen on her first visit here.

This clearing has its own rock statue, a graceful Dragonair towering above Jenna atop the rock which had formed her shelter. In the dimming evening light, it looks the most real and ethereal of all the rock statues Jenna had seen so far. She gazes at it in wonder for a few moments, entranced by its beauty, and hears a soft sigh beside her as Char echoes her own feelings.

A pale sunbeam crosses over the statue, and Jenna notices a glimmer of light reflected back at her. Craning her neck, she realizes that there is something attached to the statue at the creature's neck, catching the light and sparkling brightly. Wanting to get a closer look at the object, Jenna looks carefully at the stone pedestal and realizes that there are depressions in the rock that she could use to climb. Her eyes slide behind the statue for a moment, and she is startled to realize that a few yards behind the statue stands what looks like an electricity pole. She lets her eyes move back away from the pole, expecting to see wires going off into the distance, but instead her view is blocked by tall coniferous trees.

Peering around the statue for a better look, Jenna realizes that the forest beyond the statue must be the Alpine Forest she'd read about in her Cloud Garden guidebook. The electricity pole, normally a sign of civilization and settlement, seems at odds with the relatively wilder forest and the quiet, lonely rock garden. The difference makes Jenna a bit nervous. Looking down, she realizes that she has been standing in the shadow of the pole the whole time. Now that she notices it, she feels slightly colder than she'd been before entering this clearing and rubs her arms uneasily. Suddenly, as she is staring down at the shadow, it wavers momentarily, then straightens again. Jenna feels goosebumps rise on her arms, and frowns.

"I think it's about time we moved on," Jenna said to Char and Wingull. "It seems we've seen the whole Rock Garden. Except..." She looks up again at the glint of light on the Dragonair statue. She'd found so many treasures around the statues up until now - somehow she felt that she'd better investigate this one, especially when the pedestal was so conveniently marked with hand- and footholds. "Let's just check this one thing out," Jenna suggests to her companions, "and then we'll be on our way into the forest." Her friends nod in agreement, so Jenna straightens her backpack on her shoulders, tightening it snugly. Climbing would be easier if she left it on the ground, but something about that pole had made her uneasy and she wanted to keep all her things close. Hoisting Char up over her shoulder, she asks him to hold tightly to the pack. Then, making sure that Wingull is settled comfortably on her shoulder, Jenna begins to climb.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #37
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Sorry for the wait, Harper. I was waiting to see if Furi would reply, but since he hasn't, I'll go ahead and post your Update.

Ziz’s Mountain

Sandaa –
¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You and Kal stand up with each other’s help, and you shoot a violent glare at the Golem, enraged at its relentless attacks towards you and your companions. Surveying your Pokémon’s condition, you bite your lip, realizing the full extent of physical damage that’s been rendered upon them. Your hand lingers by your belt for a moment, hesitating to send out someone else to finish off the battle. However, as you watch, Ramoth and Raphael gradually begin to regain their footing, and you allow your hand to relax, realizing that they’re not about to give up this fight, and neither are you.

Clenching the hand you would’ve you used to summon another Pokémon, you point at Raphael and Ramoth significantly in order to disguise your first intent. You proclaim your trust in them, stating that they must keep going if they refuse to surrender. The two turn to you and nod in agreement, their eyes blazing with fighting spirit. To back up their resolve, they let out aggresive war cries which display the abundance of power they still have remaining. You smirk and nod approvingly at their response before giving them your orders. Upon receiving them, they nod in understanding, and turn back to face the remaining Golem and Graveler, ready to execute their plan.

Raphael starts off by retracting once again into his shell and rotating rapidly once again, this time using the speed of his attack to drill a hole into the earth, vanishing abruptly from the opponents’ sight. Ramoth reacts simultaneously, flapping her wings in order to rise suddenly off the ground, although still remaining cautiously close to the earth as she feels she must still be wary of attracting Ziz’s attention. The Golem and Graveler glare at her, hovering above their reach so that they can’t do anything to harm her. She grins toothily at the earthbound beasts rolling around below, and fixes Golem with a stern gaze, staring it down with a fearsome countenance. Her glare is powerful enough to cause the Golem to balk a bit, unsure whether or not to attack either of these two fearsome warriors. Ramoth leaves it no room to make a decision, as she quickly opens her mouth and starts to spin around, spewing fire onto the earth. One of the Graveler who previously received one of Ramoth’s flame attacks starts to panic upon seeing the ground catch fire around it, immediately rolling up into a DEFENSE CURL again to try and protect itself (to little avail). Meanwhile the Golem is a bit calmer and attempts to put out the fire by stamping with its feet, while the other Graveler sees the leader’s actions and tries to mimic them.

Their attention effectively taken away from Raphael by the fire, he uses the time to quickly tunnel towards the Golem. He then re-emerges unexpectedly from the earth directly underneath his target, toppling the rock beast. Before the Golem can stand up, Raphael positions his cannons to fire two fierce jets of water upon the Golem’s back, forcing the boulder back down by focusing on one point. At last the attack finishes, and Golem slowly manages to rise, angrily facing its assailant. With an enraged roar it runs forward and attacks Raphael with a powerful STONE EDGE. The close proximity now becomes a double-edged sword for Raphael and he gets knocked violently onto his back. This final assault combined with the all the injuries he’s received thus far causes him to pass out, unable to go on any longer.

Ramoth remains hovering above the earth, still able to fight as her height prevented her from receiving any attacks. Two Graveler and Golem remain, however all three appear to be especially weak at this point.

*Blastoise has been KO’d*

What will you do now?

The Rock Garden

Harper – You secure your bag as well as your companions, then place your hands firmly on the hold and begin to ascend the structure. Your body rises over the shelf without much difficulty, the vacant depressions in the rock admitting you direct access to the top. Swinging your legs over the rock, they dangle over the side of the shelf as you rest and view the Garden for a moment from the high perch. The elevation allows a surveillance of the entire Garden, plus the snow-covered tops of the trees which lie towards the West, behind which the sun maintains its retreat. The black wires associated with the pole travel in the same direction, expiring covertly into the growth.

The statue coils overhead, fixing the darkened sky to the earth. Beneath its gullet is a small orb, glimmering vibrantly.

Boldness seizes your body as you legs straighten and gain support from the rock, bearing your head higher towards the statue’s crest. Stepping forward, you examine the creature’s head, though it is vague and undefined. You observe the orb, which is a shade of indigo, and possesses many surfaces which shine vividly. Its precisely refined nature obviously does not belong to this region of uncultivated grey stone.

Entranced by its magnificence, you conclude the stone ought to be removed, for it is clearly intruding upon this spot. You pry at the jewel until it dislodges into your hand, where it sparkles luminously in the last remaining bit of daylight. Your two companions alter their location to admire the stone’s transfer of light as it twists in hand, marveling at its splendor.

The chill of nightfall begins to seep into your skin, and you deposit the stone in a safe pocket. You then descend from the perch, your feet returning to rest on their plane of origin. They convey you to the forest access, through which you pass in order to infiltrate…

The Alpine Forest

Day seldom exists beneath the tall covering of trees, which now admit only thin fragments of the moon’s pale aura. They stain the frost whiter still, as you trudge lightly across the fallen snow towards what you yearn to be a departure from the darkness. The grinding of ice below your feet brings down rains of powdered snow and crystals, sprinkling dust and white ashes all over your hair. Wingull exclaims mournfully as its wings fold and diminish, receding into a fluffy orb of down. Char also warmly embraces your back, seeking relief from the pervading winter. The glow surrounding his flame dims gradually.

The tall trees depart from your view as you come to the edge of a frozen body of water, though in truth only a few sections seem solid. Black, murky liquid spreads in between the frozen sheets, filling the space with darkness which reflects the sky, from which the stars are currently absent. The present moon is full and radiant; it rises over the peaks of the trees on the opposite shore and casts light over the clearing. Some imprints travel down to the edge of the water, whilst the imprints you’ve made lead back into the forest.

Beneath the zenith, a creature rests at the center of the lake, staring down at the glass surface. Even with the abundance of light, its features are too indistinct to mention from this distance.

What will you do?
Old 02-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #38
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Aero looked left and looked right. He was positive something strange was about to happen. Positive. He grabbed a random pokeball from his belt and through it to the ground. Xype, his moody Murkrow, appeared out of the light. Xype glanced back as if to say, "Oh god, not again." Aero returned it with a "Deal" stare. He reached into his backpack and after a few seconds wandering through the figurative black hole, pulled out a map.

"The gameplan is simple," he said, unfolding the map, "I point randomly, and we go there." When Xype shrugged, Aero rolled his eyes, then closed them. He didn't care where he went, as long as it had something paranormal or archiological, or both, perferably. Aero took a deep breath and poked the map. He opened the map and saw where he and the Murkrow were about to go.

FB PC
Old 02-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #39
Torkoal Stu
This

Note: Whoop thanks D11 for doing this with me and I don't mind where I go, so anywhere =O. Also I’ll update you soon (thanks for Gary for the idea as well).

Stu sighed grudgingly as he had no idea where he was or what was anywhere nearby, all he knew was that he was heading for another adventure. His Pokeballs on his belt, his backpack fully packed and his brain in gear he was completely and utterly prepared for this adventure. He walked a few steps, took a deep breath and took a few more steps forward. “Maybe it's about time I brought in some company?” He asked himself, knowing that he must be lonely if he has been downgraded to making small talk to himself. He picked a Pokeball from his belt and pushed the button in the middle, suddenly a stream of bright light appeared and then took the form of Gretchen Stu’s Corsola. He smiled at her, she smiled back and then let out a â€Cor’ before Stu picked her up and they began to walk. “Let’s hope we find somewhere soon…” he mumbled.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #40
Torkoal Stu
This

Sorry if this isn't that good, I'm quite rusty with updating and all that jazz. But I hope you enjoy it D11 ^.^

You don't have to reply in this colour, it's just I like having colour in updates. Also I put it in size one to make it look neater *shrugs*. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Dragon 11 ~ Update 1
You and Xype glance at your trusty map and notice you are pointing at a town which seems to be located far away from the rest of the world, but this doesn’t bother you as you agreed to go wherever you pointed. After a seemingly long walk, through forest, mountain, more forest and desert you find yourself smiling as you see the town in the distance. You and Xype run and fly, respectively, in excitement at the sight of your location and not stopping until you reach it. When you get there you both stop for a second to catch your breath as you have walked quite a long way, after a few minutes you look around to notice that the town is quite old and run down. There are many buildings, all made of wood like something from a Wild West movie except there are broken windows, smashed doors and it appears to be completely deserted. In an attempt to find someone you walk around a little bit, eventually reaching a building with a ripped and slanted sign that says â€BA’ on top of the door which can be assumed used to say â€BAR’. Upon entering you notice many things: a strange musty smell due to a lack of refresh air, a variety of broken objects such as barstools, chairs, pool table, pool cues and windows, an abundance of shattered glass all over the floor and lastly no one around at all.

Xype flies a bit away and lands on the bar which has much of the broke glass on it, behind the bar there is dried up liquid all over the floor and more glass obviously where bottles and glasses were smashed for whatever reason. You suddenly feel a cold chill run down your spine which makes you pivot quickly on your feet to face the entrance. On the ground in front of the door you notice the body of a girl lying still as if she was stone, she appears to be wearing a pink dress and has long blonde hair probably down to her waste. She can’t be older than about twelve. You cautiously walk towards her as she then suddenly opens her eyes piercing, emotionless, empty black eyes and she then swiftly vanishes into thin air. Xype squawks and then quickly flies to your side, which makes you turn around once again to see a purple ghostly witch Pokemon floating above the bar where Xype once was. Though, you quickly acknowledge the Pokemon to be Mismagius.

“How dare you enter this town, this is my home. You are one of those sickening people and I will not stand to have you in this place. Now, you shall suffer the wrath of my ghostly friend Mismagius!” the voice of a young girl bellows throughout the bar. What will you do now?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #41
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Torkoal Stu: Reply in white

After letting your Corsola out of its pokeball, you look around you. You are in a valley in the mountains, and tall ones at that. You guess them to reach at least two mile above you. There is a river running beside you. Corsola jumps little jumps until she reachs the river. Deciding to follow the river a ways rather than climb the mountains, you continue for a while. You bundle up to keep warm. Along river and up the mountains for a good mile, you see pine trees. Beyond that it is simply rock.

Then you hear the the roar of wind and looking up to see a massive green line up above you. Then in curves down at you, then you realize that the ledgendary Rayquaza. Then you realize your peril. You see your life flash before your eyes, though it seems like a flash. Then... nothing.

When you come to, you can't tell if its been a few minutes or an eternity. When you open your eyes, you see your corsola asleep beside you. Then you look around you, other than the small cot that you and your pokemon are on and a door, the room is empty, though there isn't really isn't room for much else. The door opens and you cover your eyes from the light. The door shuts and a man in a hooded cloak is my the door.

"Your finally awake," said the figure, in a rather high, though male, voice. He pulled off the dark gray hood to reveil a rather average face, probably in its mid-twenties, with round blue eyes and short black hair. He thought for a moment where to begin, and started, "Hello, my name is Gabriel. I'm happy to say you aren't dead, though you are in heaven. You have been asleep for the last day, but you don't have any major injuries. I have a favor to ask."

You look at him with a confused look, so he adds, "I'm sorry, you probably have a world of questions, just ask."

QP & Jerichi: If you would like to continue your adventures, my new update color is white.

FB PC
Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #42
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
Sorry if this isn't that good, I'm quite rusty with updating and all that jazz. But I hope you enjoy it D11 ^.^

You don't have to reply in this colour, it's just I like having colour in updates. Also I put it in size one to make it look neater *shrugs*. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Dragon 11 ~ Update 1
You and Xype glance at your trusty map and notice you are pointing at a town which seems to be located far away from the rest of the world, but this doesn’t bother you as you agreed to go wherever you pointed. After a seemingly long walk, through forest, mountain, more forest and desert you find yourself smiling as you see the town in the distance. You and Xype run and fly, respectively, in excitement at the sight of your location and not stopping until you reach it. When you get there you both stop for a second to catch your breath as you have walked quite a long way, after a few minutes you look around to notice that the town is quite old and run down. There are many buildings, all made of wood like something from a Wild West movie except there are broken windows, smashed doors and it appears to be completely deserted. In an attempt to find someone you walk around a little bit, eventually reaching a building with a ripped and slanted sign that says â€BA’ on top of the door which can be assumed used to say â€BAR’. Upon entering you notice many things: a strange musty smell due to a lack of refresh air, a variety of broken objects such as barstools, chairs, pool table, pool cues and windows, an abundance of shattered glass all over the floor and lastly no one around at all.

Xype flies a bit away and lands on the bar which has much of the broke glass on it, behind the bar there is dried up liquid all over the floor and more glass obviously where bottles and glasses were smashed for whatever reason. You suddenly feel a cold chill run down your spine which makes you pivot quickly on your feet to face the entrance. On the ground in front of the door you notice the body of a girl lying still as if she was stone, she appears to be wearing a pink dress and has long blonde hair probably down to her waste. She can’t be older than about twelve. You cautiously walk towards her as she then suddenly opens her eyes piercing, emotionless, empty black eyes and she then swiftly vanishes into thin air. Xype squawks and then quickly flies to your side, which makes you turn around once again to see a purple ghostly witch Pokemon floating above the bar where Xype once was. Though, you quickly acknowledge the Pokemon to be Mismagius.

“How dare you enter this town, this is my home. You are one of those sickening people and I will not stand to have you in this place. Now, you shall suffer the wrath of my ghostly friend Mismagius!” the voice of a young girl bellows throughout the bar. What will you do now?
Aero looked around the bar. Everything was in shambles. But he didn't have time to ponder what was going on before he felt like there was something behind him. Aero turned around to see a little girl on the floor by the enterance. He was positive it was just his mind playing tricks on him, but he checked anyway. But as he nieled by the little girl, she opened her eyes to reveil only black, then she was gone.

Then Xype have a suprised caw and Aero turned around and got up in one quick movement. Xype landed on his shoulder as he saw a dark purple ghost pokemon. A mismagius, Aero noted to himself. Then he heard a little girl's voice say something about sickening people and the wrath of her mismagius.

"I don't want to fight you, and I mean you no harm. I don't even know what you mean by 'sickening people,' and I'll try to help you" replied Aero before smirking, "but if its a fight you want, I'll help you with that. Murkrow, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Assurance.

FB PC
Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #43
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 11
Torkoal Stu: Reply in white

After letting your Corsola out of its pokeball, you look around you. You are in a valley in the mountains, and tall ones at that. You guess them to reach at least two mile above you. There is a river running beside you. Corsola jumps little jumps until she reachs the river. Deciding to follow the river a ways rather than climb the mountains, you continue for a while. You bundle up to keep warm. Along river and up the mountains for a good mile, you see pine trees. Beyond that it is simply rock.

Then you hear the the roar of wind and looking up to see a massive green line up above you. Then in curves down at you, then you realize that the ledgendary Rayquaza. Then you realize your peril. You see your life flash before your eyes, though it seems like a flash. Then... nothing.

When you come to, you can't tell if its been a few minutes or an eternity. When you open your eyes, you see your corsola asleep beside you. Then you look around you, other than the small cot that you and your pokemon are on and a door, the room is empty, though there isn't really isn't room for much else. The door opens and you cover your eyes from the light. The door shuts and a man in a hooded cloak is my the door.

"Your finally awake," said the figure, in a rather high, though male, voice. He pulled off the dark gray hood to reveil a rather average face, probably in its mid-twenties, with round blue eyes and short black hair. He thought for a moment where to begin, and started, "Hello, my name is Gabriel. I'm happy to say you aren't dead, though you are in heaven. You have been asleep for the last day, but you don't have any major injuries. I have a favor to ask."

You look at him with a confused look, so he adds, "I'm sorry, you probably have a world of questions, just ask."
Stu swiftly opened his eyes. He felt strange, confused mostly but also slightly relieved that he had the ability to open his eyes. “Gretchen!” he screamed as he looked around frantically, upon seeing her asleep beside him a very large smile of relief spread across his face. Suddenly Stu found that he was blinded by a bright light as a door opened and a man entered, he squinted as he saw the man take off his hood and reveal his average face and Stu assumed he must be in his twenties. He revealed his name to be Gabriel and he told Stu he wasn’t dead but was in heaven. “What? But. Rayquaza! What is going on?” Stu thought his mind going literally a mile a minute as there were so many things going on at that very moment. Then Gabriel said something that stuck in Stu’s head: “I have a favor to ask."

“Favour?” Stu replied. Not really sure what to make of Gabriel, Stu sighed and started to wonder whether or not the Rayquaza he saw was connected to this favour. And what exactly Gabriel was. And how he is exactly he was in heaven, yet not dead. There were so many questions, yet so little time to ask them. “Well, what kind of favour?” Stu asked cautiously as there were so many questions he wanted to ask yet didn’t want to know the answers to instead he figured he should go with the flow and see where it takes him.

Dragon 11 ~ Update 2
“All your humans are just the same…corrupted, flawed, soulless…you do nothing but lie, I know you want to fight and cause pain more than anything in the world,” the girls voice replies scornfully which makes you wonder why exactly she seems to hate people so much. Xype springs into action as you find you have to battle this ghostly witch and her strange girl trainer, your order your moves quickly yet carefully while the Mismagius decides its time to show you its skills. Mismagius starts by creating a purple sphere in front of itself, which begins to increase in size as it becomes amplified by more and more ghostly energy. Xype spots this as a good opportunity to use Sucker Punch, he then dives straight forward and smashes Mismagius in the gut for quite good damage as she then releases her Shadow Ball which quickly comes into contact with the Murkrow as he didn’t have enough time to get away. Your Pokemon then quickly shakes off this hit and then begins to charge right at Mismagius, gaining more and more speed until he smashes right into her once again for more damage. Mismagius lets out a cry of pain which turns into a very loud high pitch scream, which practically deafens you and Xype. After the sound from the Screech attack subsides Xype then covers himself in a dark aura due to his wicked thoughts and then tackles right into Mismagius for the third time, dealing pretty good dark damage.

However the Mismagius doesn’t seem to do anything after the third attack, she floats back to her original place on the bar and seems to await her orders. Suddenly, the little girl with the black eyes, pink dress and waist long blonde hair materialises next to her hurt partner and looks directly at you with her pirecing eyes giving you a look of pure disgust. “My poor sweet dear Mismagius...how dare you! Mismagius, give him a taste of your psychic now!” She screams pointing directly at you as Mismagius is surrounded by a magnificent blue aura. You feel as if you’re losing control of yourself as you get forcefully shoved against one of the bar walls, Xype flies quickly over to you as you attempt to break free of the psychic hold that has you currently stuck against the wall. “You’re all the same, I can smell it on you…don’t worry I will soon finish you off and you'll be free of your flawed human existance.” What will you do now?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM   #44
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
Dragon 11 ~ Update 2
“All your humans are just the same…corrupted, flawed, soulless…you do nothing but lie, I know you want to fight and cause pain more than anything in the world,” the girls voice replies scornfully which makes you wonder why exactly she seems to hate people so much. Xype springs into action as you find you have to battle this ghostly witch and her strange girl trainer, your order your moves quickly yet carefully while the Mismagius decides its time to show you its skills. Mismagius starts by creating a purple sphere in front of itself, which begins to increase in size as it becomes amplified by more and more ghostly energy. Xype spots this as a good opportunity to use Sucker Punch, he then dives straight forward and smashes Mismagius in the gut for quite good damage as she then releases her Shadow Ball which quickly comes into contact with the Murkrow as he didn’t have enough time to get away. Your Pokemon then quickly shakes off this hit and then begins to charge right at Mismagius, gaining more and more speed until he smashes right into her once again for more damage. Mismagius lets out a cry of pain which turns into a very loud high pitch scream, which practically deafens you and Xype. After the sound from the Screech attack subsides Xype then covers himself in a dark aura due to his wicked thoughts and then tackles right into Mismagius for the third time, dealing pretty good dark damage.

However the Mismagius doesn’t seem to do anything after the third attack, she floats back to her original place on the bar and seems to await her orders. Suddenly, the little girl with the black eyes, pink dress and waist long blonde hair materialises next to her hurt partner and looks directly at you with her pirecing eyes giving you a look of pure disgust. “My poor sweet dear Mismagius...how dare you! Mismagius, give him a taste of your psychic now!” She screams pointing directly at you as Mismagius is surrounded by a magnificent blue aura. You feel as if you’re losing control of yourself as you get forcefully shoved against one of the bar walls, Xype flies quickly over to you as you attempt to break free of the psychic hold that has you currently stuck against the wall. “You’re all the same, I can smell it on you…don’t worry I will soon finish you off and you'll be free of your flawed human existance.” What will you do now?
[/size]
Torkoal Stu Heaven Part 2: The Favor

Gabriel shrugged and sighed, but before he could explain, Gretchen wakes up, very happy to see her trainer. After a few happy moments Gabriel interrupts, "I wouldn't have to ask you if I could only be material in your world for one minute a day, but I'm getting off topic. I'm sorry, I'm not the most organized speaker. Well, um, heaven has a bit of a problem. Arceus was defeated by a rebellion of the other, as you know them, legendary pokemon.

"Long story short, his spirit was seperated into the sixteen plates that symbolize his many types. That's where you come in. But don't worry, we have most of them. Thirteen, to be exact. All we need is the Dread Plate, and the Draco Plate. Rayquaza, the leader of the rebellion, has realized my goal to bring back Arceus and has hidden them at sites I cannot enter. That said, I know where they are. They are in the FB, oh, that's your world. The Fabric Between. It connects the sub-dimensions.

"Back to the point, the plates are in the lands known as Aryle, as, for some reason, I cannot reach it. Firstly, the Draco Plate is in the Gemini Sanctuary in the Dragon Sanctuary in the Hellfire Mountains. Be warned, many, if not all, of the Dragon legendaries will be there to protect the plate.

"The Dread Plate is in the Temple of the Reaper. Even I fear what is in in there. Though, at least, you won't be alone. You will have my Dragonite with you."

As Gabriel finishes his monologue, the door opens, causing you to shield your eyes once again. As the door closes, you see a shiny Dragonite taking up the little space left inside the room. The Dragonite is rather cheerful, with an innocent look across his face. He bows and lets out a "Dragonite" as if to say "Good day."

"You don't have to accept, and I'll take you back to where I found you, but Rayquaza will still probably will be after you. But if you accept, my Dragonite is all the help I can give you. My powers can transport you to the site, but Dragonite will have to give you transport to the other."

This is quite a lot of information, though not very well delivered, so what will you do.

Aero watched the battle unfold from the shadow ball attempt to the his Murkrow's final blitz. He deemed Xype to be ahead, though many things could easily go wrong. Then he turned his attention to the little girl, pondering what happened to her and more importantly, why she was so ticked off at the world. Then she talked. But it isn't long before the ghost-type was surrounded by blue and the little girl had her ghost companion pin him to the wall with its psychic powers. He was definitely gonna feel that in the morning.

Then the little girl continued her rant. Big words for such a little girl. Especially considering the fact that it was a Dark versus a Ghost, "Don't nag about this battle you little brat. I don't even want to fight. This place was in shambles before we got here, probably because of you! I tried to help you and this is what I get. You're going to see just how nasty humans can get! Murkrow, Faint Attack quick. This is really uncomfortable. Then, Taunt and Assurance again. This little twerp of a specter had it coming, and it has arrived."

FB PC
Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Torkoal Stu Heaven Part 2: The Favor

Gabriel shrugged and sighed, but before he could explain, Gretchen wakes up, very happy to see her trainer. After a few happy moments Gabriel interrupts, "I wouldn't have to ask you if I could only be material in your world for one minute a day, but I'm getting off topic. I'm sorry, I'm not the most organized speaker. Well, um, heaven has a bit of a problem. Arceus was defeated by a rebellion of the other, as you know them, legendary pokemon.

"Long story short, his spirit was seperated into the sixteen plates that symbolize his many types. That's where you come in. But don't worry, we have most of them. Thirteen, to be exact. All we need is the Dread Plate, and the Draco Plate. Rayquaza, the leader of the rebellion, has realized my goal to bring back Arceus and has hidden them at sites I cannot enter. That said, I know where they are. They are in the FB, oh, that's your world. The Fabric Between. It connects the sub-dimensions.

"Back to the point, the plates are in the lands known as Aryle, as, for some reason, I cannot reach it. Firstly, the Draco Plate is in the Gemini Sanctuary in the Dragon Sanctuary in the Hellfire Mountains. Be warned, many, if not all, of the Dragon legendaries will be there to protect the plate.

"The Dread Plate is in the Temple of the Reaper. Even I fear what is in in there. Though, at least, you won't be alone. You will have my Dragonite with you."

As Gabriel finishes his monologue, the door opens, causing you to shield your eyes once again. As the door closes, you see a shiny Dragonite taking up the little space left inside the room. The Dragonite is rather cheerful, with an innocent look across his face. He bows and lets out a "Dragonite" as if to say "Good day."

"You don't have to accept, and I'll take you back to where I found you, but Rayquaza will still probably will be after you. But if you accept, my Dragonite is all the help I can give you. My powers can transport you to the site, but Dragonite will have to give you transport to the other."

This is quite a lot of information, though not very well delivered, so what will you do.
Note: I can't believe I left this reply so long D: Sorry ;;

Stu listened intently as Gabriel explained what was going on to some extent, yet in a terrible manner. He looked down at Gretchen who seemed a bit bewildered at the whole thing, Stu smiled and Gretchen smiled in return since he figured it was best for her to act like nothing was wrong. “Erm…right…so you’re trying to tell me that I have to go find these type plates to save heave?” he reiterated hoping it would make a little more sense in his mind that way, but it really didn’t. Stu sighed as he then began to think about Arceus, it was the God of all Pokemon and could be any type it wanted to be if it was merged with the correct plate. He then turned to look right at Gabriel and his Dragonite, at this point looking as nervous as ever as he quickly snapped out his Pokedex to scan the great dragon. The red Pokedex flipped open and revealed the standard screen, as a light then began to flash.

“Dragonite, the Dragon Pokemon. It is the final evolutionary form of Dratini. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land. Its intelligence is said to match that of humans. Many of its attacks include Thunder Wave, Twister, Outrage and Hyper Beam.” The Pokedex stated in its mechanical voice. Stu then folded the Pokedex back up and placed it in his pocket. “The final form of Dratini? Wow, Chastity could be one of those one day…” Stu’s voice trailed off in awe after hearing about such a powerful Pokemon. Of course it wasn’t as powerful as the immense legendaries that guarded the plates he heard about but he felt after learning of Dragonite he must agree to help any way he possibly could.

“Alright. Sign me up Gabriel,” Stu answered firmly as he looked Gabriel right in the eye awaiting the next instructions.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #46
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Torkoal Stu Heaven Pt. 3 The Teleporter

After consulting your pokedex, you decide to run this errand for the angel. You look him in the eyes and he smiles. "Thank you," he says before commanding, "Follow me."

The walks through the door, followed by Dragonite, who glances back as if to say follow us, but you can't see outside the door because of the light. You glance down to Gretchen and get out of bed. You notice that you aren't in your regular clothes. You are in white silk pajamas. You look around for your stuff, but it isn't in the small room. You pick up Gretchen and leave.

It takes about fifteen seconds for your eyes to adjust to the light surroundings. When they finally do, you see you are outside. You are inside a square walled courtyard. You are in the corner. You see about 200 yards away, a massive statue of Arceus. In front of it a line of white energy flows gently upwards. Between you and the statue is long, yet perfectly pristine grass with a tall oak tree in the middle on the side opposite you and a pond in the very center. You see the Dragonite skim across the water coming towards you at high speeds, even creating waves from the force of its flight. When he gets close he slows and with a forward wing beat, stops beside you.

In its hands is your backpack. It reaches inside and takes out your clothes. He points back at the door you came out of. You change back into your original clothes and when you come back out, Dragonite points to his back and lets out a hearty "Dragon," as if to say "I'll give you a ride."

You and Gretchen get on the massive dragon's back, and in only a few seconds you land by the source of the stream of energy. Next to you is Gabriel. Both his cloak and your skarf are pushed back by the mysterious energy.

"So," begins Gabriel, "With this, I can teleport you anywhere. One plate is in the Gemini Sanctuary and the other is in the Temple of the Reaper. Then you'll have to find a way out before I can teleport you back. Which plate do you want to find first?"

FB PC
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #47
Arnold
Just call me sir

Porygon-Z Free For All Zone

Welcome to the Fizzy Bubbles Free For All Zone.

This zone is, in short, an adventure zone that anyone can enter who can be updated by any FB member regardless of whether or not that person has ever been an official zone updator. Your updator may have only joined yesterday and be quite inexperienced, they may have been thinking about updating but aren't quite sure if they're ready to commit to it, or they could be a veteran member who has no interest in updating reward zones. Whatever the case you'll be sure to find an adventure here.

No rewards are given in this zone, no Pokémon levels are gained, and wild Pokémon cannot be caught.

Updators and updatees alike can be creative here. You can enter a stereotypical forest/water/volcanic area, an existing area in any active or inactive zone, or you can adventure somewhere quite unique.

So to summarise, the Free For All Zone stipulations are as follows:-

~ Updatees CANNOT capture Pokemon, CANNOT gain levels from battles, and CANNOT be awarded items of any kind.
~ Shop and PC Pokemon CAN be used here as this is not an "official" zone and you are not gaining any rewards from battling or adventuring.
~ We will be keeping a close eye on things, so no riff raff in here or you will be punished.
~ People who are already updating zones CANNOT update here. If you want to update we'd much prefer you update your own people in your own zone.
~ If you find you do like the idea of updating an official zone after testing the waters here, please feel free to apply for one of them.
~ Updators CANNOT gain rewards or points from updates posted here.
~ And finally have fun and go crazy...ok not too crazy, but go crazy =D
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #48
Meetan
Soul Badge

Alice Hope was a rookie trainer, she supposed, by timing. The girl was not entirely new to the ways of adventuring, after getting herself lost in Astoria, a haunted theme park with a mechanical Rapidash and taking on the Rainbow Road. However, how the eighteen year old got herself into these situations, she would never know.

The teenager looked out of place in her current environment, wearing a roundneck purple t-shirt dress, the strips across the torso matching the red wine coloured shade of the skirt section. Thankfully, she wore golden flats instead of the heels she favoured, which would likely get stuck in the mud and rubble, or cause her trip on the uneven ground.
Biting her lip, blue eyes looked beyond the rectangular lense rims of her glasses, and to what looked like a never-ending labyrinth. Above, despite it only being the mid afternoon moments ago, the sky shone gold, pink and orange in a permanent state of twilight. Her petite frame was shaking. This was not a dream, but how could one be visiting their Pokemon in the Fizzy Bubbles Daycare one minute, and be in an ancient, ruined maze the next?

“This is insane…” The blonde breathed, fidgeting nervously with her earlobe, pierced ones with a gold and amethyst accessory. She couldn’t cope adventuring alone at the best of times, and a glance to the four spheres on her red shoulder bag decided it. This was not to be conquered alone. Alice feared fire types, but perhaps a bird like Torchic would be of some good use.

“Come and help me, baby.” She cooed timidly, pressing the button on the red and white container. An orange and yellow chick beamed onto the ground a short distance away, beating his little wings. Alice’s shaking might have even increased a little, but they needed to bond. Beyond trips to the Beauty Salon, Pokespa and other such centres, they hadn’t even interacted since his adoption. “I’m completely lost. Please help me figure out what’s going on?”

((Stats.))
Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #49
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Let's give this a go. Hope you enjoy the adventure. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Alice Hope was a rookie trainer, she supposed, by timing. The girl was not entirely new to the ways of adventuring, after getting herself lost in Astoria, a haunted theme park with a mechanical Rapidash and taking on the Rainbow Road. However, how the eighteen year old got herself into these situations, she would never know.

The teenager looked out of place in her current environment, wearing a roundneck purple t-shirt dress, the strips across the torso matching the red wine coloured shade of the skirt section. Thankfully, she wore golden flats instead of the heels she favoured, which would likely get stuck in the mud and rubble, or cause her trip on the uneven ground.
Biting her lip, blue eyes looked beyond the rectangular lense rims of her glasses, and to what looked like a never-ending labyrinth. Above, despite it only being the mid afternoon moments ago, the sky shone gold, pink and orange in a permanent state of twilight. Her petite frame was shaking. This was not a dream, but how could one be visiting their Pokemon in the Fizzy Bubbles Daycare one minute, and be in an ancient, ruined maze the next?

“This is insane…” The blonde breathed, fidgeting nervously with her earlobe, pierced ones with a gold and amethyst accessory. She couldn’t cope adventuring alone at the best of times, and a glance to the four spheres on her red shoulder bag decided it. This was not to be conquered alone. Alice feared fire types, but perhaps a bird like Torchic would be of some good use.

“Come and help me, baby.” She cooed timidly, pressing the button on the red and white container. An orange and yellow chick beamed onto the ground a short distance away, beating his little wings. Alice’s shaking might have even increased a little, but they needed to bond. Beyond trips to the Beauty Salon, Pokespa and other such centres, they hadn’t even interacted since his adoption. “I’m completely lost. Please help me figure out what’s going on?”

((Stats.))
Your eyes and Torchic's connect for a few seconds before Torchic turns his body around and cocks his head this way and that, taking in his surroundings. You delicately close the distance between yourself and your baby fire bird while taking a second look around for yourself. The stone walls of what appears to be a labyrinth rise up approximately 4.5 meters on either side of you. They appear to be ancient, crumbling or windworn in a few places, but otherwise look remarkably sturdy. There are torchlights along the top of the walls, one every twenty meters or so, but none are lit at present: though the sky is a peculiar pool of gold and pink, you feel that it must be daylight here, wherever "here" is, and that nighttime is still some ways off. The ground beneath your feet varies between hard mud and stone, hardly a favorable surface for high heels. It's a good thing I wore my flats, you think to yourself as you and Torchic continue to press forward. Turning your head backward to look behind you, you see a solid wall approximately 20 meters away. You can't quite tell from this distance but it appears to be a T-junction leading off to the left and to the right of the narrow path you're currently on. Turning your gaze back forward, you see that you have just entered a large, open chamber.

Torchic hurriedly runs towards a monument in the center of the clearing. From here you can tell only that it is a large, smooth, rectangular stone slab about six feet off the ground with a short flight of stairs leading up to it on each of four sides. As Torchic runs up the stairs nearest you, a small gust of wind picks up a piece of parchment that had been placed atop the stone slab. It flutters down to the ground, landing beside Torchic who looks at it inquisitively.

There are large marble statues in each of the four corners of this clearing. They appear somewhat weather-worn but are otherwise well-preserved. Rising as high as the thick stone walls of the labyrinth, they all face towards the center of the clearing where the monument lies.

You look around the clearing to see if there are any Pokémon here with you. For now at least you don't see or hear any: it appears to be just you and Torchic.

What will you do?

Note: Since you've gone ahead and picked dark orange, I don't mind following your lead. But let's try to use Size 1 font to keep things small and Fizzy Bubbles-ey, okay? ^-^ Also, don't worry if you feel like the potential for your reply to this post is kinda small. (If you don't feel that way, okay! o.o ^_^) The real big stuff is coming in the next post, this is just the warm-up. I think you know what to do so let's get started! ;D

Last edited by Talon87; 07-13-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: removed signature
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Let's give this a go. Hope you enjoy the adventure. ^_^

Your eyes and Torchic's connect for a few seconds before Torchic turns his body around and cocks his head this way and that, taking in his surroundings. You delicately close the distance between yourself and your baby fire bird while taking a second look around for yourself. The stone walls of what appears to be a labyrinth rise up approximately 4.5 meters on either side of you. They appear to be ancient, crumbling or windworn in a few places, but otherwise look remarkably sturdy. There are torchlights along the top of the walls, one every twenty meters or so, but none are lit at present: though the sky is a peculiar pool of gold and pink, you feel that it must be daylight here, wherever "here" is, and that nighttime is still some ways off. The ground beneath your feet varies between hard mud and stone, hardly a favorable surface for high heels. It's a good thing I wore my flats, you think to yourself as you and Torchic continue to press forward. Turning your head backward to look behind you, you see a solid wall approximately 20 meters away. You can't quite tell from this distance but it appears to be a T-junction leading off to the left and to the right of the narrow path you're currently on. Turning your gaze back forward, you see that you have just entered a large, open chamber.

Torchic hurriedly runs towards a monument in the center of the clearing. From here you can tell only that it is a large, smooth, rectangular stone slab about six feet off the ground with a short flight of stairs leading up to it on each of four sides. As Torchic runs up the stairs nearest you, a small gust of wind picks up a piece of parchment that had been placed atop the stone slab. It flutters down to the ground, landing beside Torchic who looks at it inquisitively.

There are large marble statues in each of the four corners of this clearing. They appear somewhat weather-worn but are otherwise well-preserved. Rising as high as the thick stone walls of the labyrinth, they all face towards the center of the clearing where the monument lies.

You look around the clearing to see if there are any Pokémon here with you. For now at least you don't see or hear any: it appears to be just you and Torchic.

What will you do?

Note: Since you've gone ahead and picked dark orange, I don't mind following your lead. But let's try to use Size 1 font to keep things small and Fizzy Bubbles-ey, okay? ^-^ Also, don't worry if you feel like the potential for your reply to this post is kinda small. (If you don't feel that way, okay! o.o ^_^) The real big stuff is coming in the next post, this is just the warm-up. I think you know what to do so let's get started! ;D
((No problem. ^^ Sorry, I must've forgotten to change the font size, so I'll go back and do that. I always fail at editing and have to go back to it. xDD))

"Wait up, Torchic! Don't go and leave me!" Alice cried hopelessly, catching sight of her miniature companion hopping off a distance away. She wasn't the fastest at keeping up. The girl trained hard at the gym, but her little legs and 'penguin run' made her run stupidly, and as it was, she hated muddy places. The girl was hopping about more ridiculously than Torchic trying to keep her shoes clean and her whole self upright, terrified of falling down.

"Wow... This place is rockin', isn't it?" The girl asked, turning round as she walked about the chamber, admiring the statues, monument and the great walls that entrenched them. They were thankfully unchallenged for now, but the sound of fluttering made the eighteen year old jump, and Alice's attention locked onto the parchment that Torchic was reading.

"Oh, good boy!" The trainer smiled, tentatively petting his head before picking it up to read it. Maybe this would provide answers to their mysterious predicament.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records