UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Dunsparce The Adventurer Daily

First of all, credit goes to Talon for the idea, who I think was the first to publicly make a suggestion for this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong and you desperately want the credit. :P

Over the last week I've received a lot of input about some recent posts, and it felt good to know that people were noticing and, above all, enjoying what I wrote. I'm sure some of you have received the same feedback, and those of you that did know how great it feels to see that people care.

This thread's purpose is to discuss any and all forms of RPing - Zone Adventures, Free RP zones, etc. I know it's tempting to comment on our own adventures and other RP achievements, but it's even better for the community if we bring ourselves to comment on other people's work too!

So if an update or reply catches your eye, or you find someone's RP post particularly engaging, don't hesitate to talk about it here. Got a strategy in mind for a particular obstacle in your adventure? Share it here! Conflicted about a crossroads in your story? Want to congratulate someone on one of their Pokemon's evolution? Give it a go! Updaters can also take part and comment on how their updates are progressing, creative blocks they're facing, etc. It's really up to you what to comment on, as long as it has to do with FB roleplaying! Just be careful about asking for help with challenges your updater puts you through, they're known to be fickle creatures that don't take kindly to cheating! :P

At worst, this thread will go unnoticed and things will keep moving as they always have; at best, we can make the whole community become even more focused on RPing and invested in each other's journeys!

Thread Rules by Talon87:
  • "1. Do not discourage others from replying out of character. If you wish to reply in character and others wish to engage you in kind, then by all means go for it. But this thread's intended purpose is to encourage discussion amongst the real-life members of Fizzy Bubbles of one another's adventures. Since not everyone roleplays as themselves, some individuals may wish to express views or opinions their characters would not. I want this thread to be accessible to such members. I also want it to be accessible to people who love reading others' adventures but who aren't really feeling the RP itch themselves right now. That is to say, I don't want people to feel like they can't discuss current events in this thread unless they do so in character. So yeah. Please be mindful that this thread does not aim to be a free RP area like the Bar et cetera. Thanks for your cooperation.

• 2. Be respectful of the fact that others' adventures are their own. Not everyone will make the same decisions you would. Expressing what you would have done differently is fine, but please always do so with respect.
    Also, please be mindful about solving others' challenges for them unsolicited. Not everyone will appreciate it if you solve their riddles for them unasked. Likewise, it's not kind to someone's trainer battle opponent if you spell out what the opponent is trying to do and what their next orders should be. As a general rule of thumb, consider such discourse offlimits unless publicly permitted by all relevant parties. In the case of a zone challenge, that would be the updator and the updatee. In the case of a TCG match or trainer battle, that would be the two players.

• 3. All Fizzy Bubbles RP posts are fair game for discussion here. This includes (and is not limited to) any RP posts made in:
    * zones
    * campaigns
    * special events
    * free RP areas
    * trainer battles
    * shops

The flipside of this rule is that only Fizzy Bubbles RP posts (or ideas and concepts relevant to them) should be being discussed here. For example, if someone's adventure in Cortoza reminds you of a movie and you wish to say so (and that's all you really wish to say), then this thread is totally a fine place for that, no worries. But for another example, if somebody hatches a Zorua, doesn't RP picking it up, and all you want to do is congratulate them on their good fortune, then this isn't the best thread for that. We have threads like the Time Out, Hatchers' Anonymous, and the White Market for things like that."

• 4. No polls. This is a place for thought-out, meaningful posts about people's adventures; polls generate none of that, simply a stream of lists that nobody really reads nor cares about. Remember that this thread doesn't have to flow at the same speed as the TO; don't worry if it's been "dead" for some days, give it time to develop.

Last edited by MarbleZone; 07-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was actually in the process of making this thread myself since no one else had done so. ^_^; Been working on it off and on since Monday. Oh well though. The early bird gets the worm!

Guess I may as well post what I had (and was planning on PMing to the mods for confirmation before I went through with it):

Spoiler: show
The Hearth

"Home is where the hearth is."

Rules:
1. Do not discourage others from replying out of character. If you wish to reply in character and others wish to engage you in kind, then by all means go for it. But this thread's intended purpose is to encourage discussion amongst the real-life members of Fizzy Bubbles of one another's adventures. Since not everyone roleplays as themselves, some individuals may wish to express views or opinions their characters would not. I want this thread to be accessible to such members. I also want it to be accessible to people who love reading others' adventures but who aren't really feeling the RP itch themselves right now. That is to say, I don't want people to feel like they can't discuss current events in this thread unless they do so in character. So yeah. Please be mindful that this thread does not aim to be a free RP area like the Bar et cetera. Thanks for your cooperation.

2. Be respectful of the fact that others' adventures are their own. Not everyone will make the same decisions you would. Expressing what you would have done differently is fine, but please always do so with respect.
Also, please be mindful about solving others' challenges for them unsolicited. Not everyone will appreciate it if you solve their riddles for them unasked. Likewise, it's not kind to someone's trainer battle opponent if you spell out what the opponent is trying to do and what their next orders should be. As a general rule of thumb, consider such discourse offlimits unless publicly permitted by all relevant parties. In the case of a zone challenge, that would be the updator and the updatee. In the case of a TCG match or trainer battle, that would be the two players.

3. All Fizzy Bubbles RP posts are fair game for discussion here. This includes (and is not limited to) any RP posts made in:
* zones
* campaigns
* special events
* free RP areas
* trainer battles
* shops
The flipside of this rule is that only Fizzy Bubbles RP posts (or ideas and concepts relevant to them) should be being discussed here. For example, if someone's adventure in Cortoza reminds you of a movie and you wish to say so (and that's all you really wish to say), then this thread is totally a fine place for that, no worries. But for another example, if somebody hatches a Zorua, doesn't RP picking it up, and all you want to do is congratulate them on their good fortune, then this isn't the best thread for that. We have threads like the Time Out, Hatchers' Anonymous, and the White Market for things like that.

I'd considered the idea of a newspaper or newsletter (which is what it seems you've gone with) but I liked the idea of people pulling up a chair 'round the lodge's or pub's fireplace, ordering a glass of something to warm them up, and sharing with others what adventures they'd been on or what tales they'd heard from others. Still, I think there's definite merits to the newspaper/newsletter angle you've gone with, so we'll see.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
One question just to be sure. Does this newspaper-theme have any effect on the thread? What I mean is, is there actually going to be an Adventurer Daily issue released weekly/monthly in the form of a reply to highlight all the events that have recently occurred in the land of FB?
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Ooh, a fireplace! *Sits close to fireplace*

Yeah, i'm from the future. The real Michael is still in the Graveyard, facing down two hellhounds, and is planning to use Role Play to copy Flash Fire. Well, I can safely say it won't work... for three reasons:
1) He has broken the unspoken plan guarantee.

2)I don't think MZ will make it that easy to win. Isn't that right, Marbs?

3) These hellhounds are under the ownership of graverobbers who stayed out all night in the graveyard fighting the late gravekeeper and hunting for treasure. They need guarding noon and night, and probably only get a few hours of sleep a day. As they have been trained in the art of bodysnatching, I can only assume that having immunity to fire wouldn't be that helpful.
Therefore, I believe Adra and Melech have Early Bird. Still gonna risk it though, just for the beautiful image of a Panpour wielding Houndoom horns due to the Role Play aura.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
One question just to be sure. Does this newspaper-theme have any effect on the thread? What I mean is, is there actually going to be an Adventurer Daily issue released weekly/monthly in the form of a reply to highlight all the events that have recently occurred in the land of FB?
Yeah, I knew I should've gone with a generic title instead, people will assume I'm forcing a newspaper theme here...
Not that I was planning, no, but it's a pretty interesting idea. I'll be honest, not sure I'll be able to devote the necessary time on my own, but maybe a group of people could pull it off. As it stands, the thread is just a place for RP discussion. Feel free to add a bit of flavour to your posts if you like, though.

Also, just to clarify, I've talked it over with Talon; seems I jumped the gun on this one as he already had something in mind, so what I'm doing is adding his rules to the first post, ipsis verbis. Please stick by them, they're mostly common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
2)I don't think MZ will make it that easy to win. Isn't that right, Marbs?
Considering you're getting close to the end of your adventure, and this is the only battle you've had so far, it's a fair assumption that I'll make you sweat a bit. :P
Can't really comment on the plan itself obviously, but I'll say it has a lot of merit, both the idea itself and its RP potential. Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited by MarbleZone; 07-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I think JJ has a pretty interesting Arcane Realm adventure. Accelgor vs. a hungry Liepard in the Graveyard? At least Accelgor has a type advantage, but I'm worried Liepard might go after the humans instead.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I gotta say shops are getting more and more entertaining to read, I like the trend that more people get into a habit of RPing in shops, and especially trades for Pokémon.

And I really like lilblue's trade post for her Petilil. It's really good imho, so much character in just one post, chapeau, I'm impressed.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
I gotta say shops are getting more and more entertaining to read, I like the trend that more people get into a habit of RPing in shops, and especially trades for Pokémon.

And I really like lilblue's trade post for her Petilil. It's really good imho, so much character in just one post, chapeau, I'm impressed.
Aw, thanks. Though I think the fact there was so much character stuffed into the post shows I'm still not certain of exactly what direction I want to go with her story. XP Guess we'll see what sticks and what doesn't.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Yeah, I knew I should've gone with a generic title instead, people will assume I'm forcing a newspaper theme here...
Not that I was planning, no, but it's a pretty interesting idea. I'll be honest, not sure I'll be able to devote the necessary time on my own, but maybe a group of people could pull it off. As it stands, the thread is just a place for RP discussion. Feel free to add a bit of flavour to your posts if you like, though.

Also, just to clarify, I've talked it over with Talon; seems I jumped the gun on this one as he already had something in mind, so what I'm doing is adding his rules to the first post, ipsis verbis. Please stick by them, they're mostly common sense.
I'm not complaining or anything about the theme. If anything, having a theme makes it seem like a more interesting rather than a bland thread.
The newspaper-idea...I would be interested to have something like that here in FB. I wonder how it would end up but I guess quite a lot of people might be needed to maintain such a thing. I'll see what I can do for my own posts though.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
Charminions
Your reality is mine

I for one really like Dave's AR adventure. The plot line MZ came up with is fantastic, and the only concern I have with that is that the adventure could end up becoming much longer than what a standard AR adventure might be, but still, really awesome stuff.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Here's a question for people to talk about:

Do you have a defined timeline for your adventures?

And I guess related to that:

Is there anything in your adventures that conflicts with this timeline?

For my adventures the order goes like this:

Phantom Island/Isle of Talas (Only have my Bronzor and Magnemite with me at this point and it doesn't really matter the order)

Cortoza (My Abra joined the team)

Ruins of Alph/Arcane Realm (Klink and Metang join team. While it is mentioned in the Ruins of Alph that my Metang is still a Beldum, but seeing as it hasn't made an appearance yet, it doesn't really matter)

Besides the fact that my character would know the outcome of past adventures, the biggest threat to disrupt the timeline currently is that my Abra is in a good situation to evolve in my Cortoza adventure. However, it appears in my Arcane Realm adventure still as an Abra. I'm sort of bogged down in the timeline which is restricting some chances to do stuff. Still not as bad a Homestuck.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

My timeline is a little messy at the beginning since it was supposed to start at Astoria, yet I actually got my start at Whale Island and finished that adventure. Then I've had to move Phantom Isle further and further back because it's such a key adventure in Hyrem's life. I think it's supposed to go like this:

Astoria intro
Whale Island
Astoria
Arcane Realm
Cortoza
Phantom Isle
Alph Campaign
Cloud Garden
Cascadia (whenever I get to that)

That's the best way I can make sense of it so far, and there's likely going to be more and more wrenches that get thrown into it that force things to make even less sense than they do now. I'll try my best to have things stick to the integrity of the timeline as much as possible though... as soon as I can establish how much integrity it has left. ^_^'

Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
>Timeline

Hmmm... well, it would probably go something like this...

Whale Island
Talas
Cloud Garden
Cascadia
Alph Campaign
Astoria
Phantom Isle
Arcane Realm

Like GS, Phantom Isle will be very important for my character as well.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>Timeline

To be honest, I just have no idea. Never really felt inclined to have things follow any specific timeline. I do know certain things, though- for instance, the hatching of Ruby, my Houndour, occurred after my adventures in Cortoza and Whale Island, as my RPing of the pickup of said Houndour featured flashbacks to certain aspects of those adventures.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

I used to want to keep a set timeline going but i just gave up. I guess this would make the most sense.

MM base
Bar
My base
Park
Arcane Realm
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

>Timeline

Hmm, good question! Like ES I wanted to have a set timeline, like first zone I post in is the first, second is second, etc., but since I got into a bunch a zones and stuff at different times depending when I had new Pokémon or not, not to mention they're all unequally advanced... hard to tell ^^; So I guess this would be the logical timeline (story-wise, not pokémon appearance-wise) for now:

Astoria
Whale Island
Talas
Cloud Garden
Alph Campaign
Arcane Realm
Phantom Isle

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Having talked it over with gmoyes, I'd like to ask you guys not to post polls in this thread. This is meant for meaningful discussion of adventures and other roleplays, not to list things off and walk away like in the TO. I'm adding a "no polls" rule to the first thread as suggested by Talon, if only to keep this thread from straying from its original purpose.

I'll get to my own comments when I have a little extra time on my hands, but in the meantime I'll advise you all to read Arc's Astoria adventure, being written by Emp. That's some quality work.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
I for one really like Dave's AR adventure. The plot line MZ came up with is fantastic, and the only concern I have with that is that the adventure could end up becoming much longer than what a standard AR adventure might be, but still, really awesome stuff.
For completely mysterious reasons I agree with this!

Just need to work on my reply ;;
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I definitely think that Marblezone is easily the best updater of my generation. I honestly don't understand how he is able to update so awesomely. Even in my best streaks I feel like I pale in comparison to him. I try to have cool storylines but I feel that Marblezone still beats me.

More to come once I actually read some RP myself.

Oh, yeah, and Coselle x Keith was probably one of the best RP things I've ever seen. It was so fantastic to read. Coselle was a really well-though out character, and it was great to sit and read the latest happening between them. So much excellent characterization between the two of them, it really makes me jealous. :P I do wonder why it ended however? That I want to know. Why did Coselle have her memories erased to become a Banette again? It was a pretty interesting decision, but one that would definitely be wrong in my character's eyes. I feel like my character would never be able to understand that. And probably quite a few of my teammates as well. Well, maybe just Farseer and Remilia.

Last edited by Emi; 07-09-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

That said, would it be possible for feedback to be requested for adventures you're currently updating for other's? Personally I'm not so sure how I'm doing since it's been forever since I've updated before the Arcane Realm. (Thanks, GS, for the comments.)
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Yeah, I'm curious to see what people think of my updating style and the plots I have come up with so far. Mainly the plots so I can figure out where to improve in that aspect.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
This place can also be used to ask for feedback right? Cause I'd like to get some XD

I RP my Pokémon in different ways, based on how the anime portraits said species.
In the anime, most Pokémon say their species name as a form of communication. You know what I mean, "Pika Pika!"

Other Pokémon do not say their name, an Onix for example only roar in the anime, at least I can't remember ever having heard an Onix say "Onix!"

Based on this I have my Pokémon be able to speak in Pokémon language, e.g. my Wurmple can say "Wurmple wurm!" while my Steelix only roars. In this same light, if my Pokémon are talking to each other my Wurmple could say "I like Rowan" which to Rowan's ears would sound like "Wurmple wur wurm" for example. My Steelix however can still only roar and grumble, even if it would speak with other Pokémon.

And then there's Rose, my Ralts, who can't make any sound at all whatsoever, but that's a totally different story XD

My points:
1) Does this make sense?
2) How am I doing with my RPing in that sense?
3) A bit more specific, I'd like to know what others think of how I RP my Steelix.
You can take a look at my base to see how I RP with my Pokémon and in the difference in how they speak. And that's also the only place where I used my Steelix, he's not in zones.

I'd like to get some feedback and opinions, like what I'm doing well and what not. Cause basically, I've haven't received ANY feedback on my RPing since I started here other than a comment from Tess on my Arcane Realm intro post. Dunno if I write so good that there is nothing to comment on, but then I'd like to hear that too cause I do doubt stuff myself sometimes lol XD
Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
> Other Pokémon do not say their name, an Onix for example only roar in the anime, at least I can't remember ever having heard an Onix say "Onix!"

I'm about 99% sure this is because Onix' Japanese name is 'Iwark', and that Onix is one of the Pokémon that doesn't tend to get dubbed, like Pikachu and Charizard. My guess being that the dubbing team thought that they could cover Onix saying 'iwARRRRRRRRRK!' as a roar. I dunno, s'what I've alwasy thought since I discovered Onix' original name. Same with Steelix being called 'Hagane' (Steelix' anime cry always sounds like 'Guh-RAAAAAAAAY!' to me but again idk).

inb4 Talon overrules me.

For the record, I've always hated RPing Pokémon doing the 'Pokéspeak' thing and prefer them making noises that suit them. My Murkrow caws, my Trapinch squeaks and clicks, my Sandile hisses, etc.

But I also know that people do like it so if they want to that's fine. I'm not sure there is any 'right way' to RP Pokéspeak, so do what makes you happy :]
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
(Talon edit for space; click Pokéball icon to see original post)
Perhaps one reason you haven't gotten any official feedback on how you present your Pokémon speaking is because this is one of those topics that nobody can really agree on and there doesn't seem to be an objectively right answer.

If I recall correctly, empoleon dynamite has mentioned before that he doesn't care for Pokémon saying their names at all. He likes to imagine that it's more like the video games, where each species has a characteristic, non-verbal cry or set of cries it makes. I'm of a similar mindset ... but I don't follow through on execution because I'm so heavily influenced by the anime that I just can't shake the habit. The older I get, the more I do find it kinda silly myself that these magical animals all happen to say their own names. (Emp, if I've confused you for somebody else, my apologies.)

Some people like to say that the Pokémon aren't saying their names so much as they're making noises which we humans perceive to be vocalized words, and they're words we've named the creatures after. So for example, it'd be like if in the real world we called cows Moos and we called horses Neighs and we called cats Meows, and so on. Personally, I find the idea behind this easy enough to understand but I find it impossible to accept in practice just because it's too obvious that the Pokémon are saying human-vocalizable words rather than making animal sounds with their vocal chords. ^^; But if this is what you like, then cool! Go for it!

Some people like to have Pokémon be capable of human speech, like the anime's Meowth. Other people don't like this.

Some people have Pokémon communicate telepathically. Other people say that this should only be possible for the most powerful Psychic types. *shrug*

Some people have Pokémon communicate with the aid of technology, like a voicebox worn around the neck that when the Pokémon talks the machine then emits human-intelligible words.

I'm going to segue us now into a related (but different) topic now ...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

... and that's Pokémon sapience or intelligence. A large part of determining how you have your Pokémon speak seems to subconsciously originate with how much human-like intelligence you ascribe to the Pokémon. Again, this is something that fans don't all agree on. I think for the most part anime fans tend to roll with the idea that ~all Pokémon are at least as smart as dolphins and pigs and whatnot, in that they're at least among the smartest animals in real life, even if they're not necessarily at human-level intelligence. Many fans (though I can't claim to know whether it's most or not *shrug*) go one step further and do indeed argue for ~all Pokémon being at least as smart as human beings, the only exceptions being the ones that are canonically known for their lack of intelligence. Obviously if a creature is at least as smart as a human being, then it should be able to hold human-level conversation. But what if it's only as smart as a cat or a dog? Are dogs capable of thoughts like this?
Quote:
When I returned from Westminster, I found myself most peckish for a tin of sardines.
Or can dogs only formulate thoughts like this?
Quote:
ME HUNGRY. :3 ME WANT SARDINES.
To what extent can animals think abstractly? To what extent can they muse about their place in the universe? If you can answer that question, then you can probably also answer whether or not you're willing to RP Pokémon holding human-level conversations.

Personally, I like to think of all Pokémon as being pretty darn close to human-level intelligence. This means that I don't imagine Bug types as being as robotic as their real-life counterparts. I imagine that they're capable of emotions and whatnot. Basically, I go by the anime. But someone else might not like that. Someone else might want their Yanmega to be like a real live dragonfly. Very robotic, very primitive, very instinct-driven. The same goes for just about any of the non-mammalian, non-avian Pokémon (with that occasional bizarre exception, like intelligent cephalopods). IMO, the problem with this kind of approach is that the more robotic and instinct-driven an animal is, the less likely it is to be willing (or even able) to take orders. ^^; There's a reason you don't really see bee trainers or shark trainers. There's a reason you don't see frogs or pufferfish putting on the same shows at amusement parks that seals or dolphins do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anyway, taking us back to the topic of Pokémon speech, what I'll offer is that (from what I can tell of the rules in place here and the common practices amongst members), you're completely free to decide for yourself to what extent, if any, your Pokémon hold human-level conversations. If you just want Starmie and Onix to grunt and make non-verbal noises, then you can. If you want to argue that Ralts is any of four permutations (A, can talk telepathically and can also talk verbally; B, can do one but not the other; C, can do the other but not the one; D, can't do either), then you can.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

EBE/BTM just caught a Male Solosis! And I think he's the first one in Fizzy Bubbles! So now we should all stare at him jealously on the count of three. One, two, three! *jealous stare* ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out