UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #37976
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
I'll try to reply to things over this weekend. Sorry for the delay and making you all wait...

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #37977
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

The apocalypse is upon us.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #37978
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No sweat, Whimsy. There's certainly been longer waits than this, I don't think any of us could blame you for not replying for... what, a week? Not even? Hasn't been nearly long enough to warrant an apology, is what I'm getting at.

In other news, there is no birthday for any Pokémon today. Tomorrow, on the other hand, the Eeveepocalypse will be upon us again, so if you have one of the numerous Eevee or Eeveelutions in FB, tomorrow would be the day to shower it with gifts.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:18 AM   #37979
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meanwhile, if you do have the Fizzytopian Rattata or any of its evolutionaries and don't mind a quick buck, I have a skinning facility over there.

EDITUM: And it has begun. Batten down the hatches.

Unruly Premonition.

Last edited by Raves; 04-16-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:50 PM   #37980
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

It's the Eeveepocalypse!
Old 04-17-2016, 04:03 AM   #37981
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

BORKED

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #37982
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
>Tess has 9 Eevee/Eeveelutions

These things really are the ComMon of FB.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #37983
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...Holy crap, Tess. That is a lot of Eevee. And congrats on the new Sylveon, by the way! All she needs now is to evolve two of the other Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon and she'll have one of each Eeveelution, with an unevolved Eevee left over!

Oh, and on the subject of evolutions, for anyone who isn't yet aware, Escalion's return to FB has also marked his Ralts's evolution into Kirlia!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #37984
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And now for Missingno. Master Monday Mimicry Something Something I Don't Know!

Pokémart/Candy Store: The usual Rare Candy, collected and deposited, once again giving me an actual balance.

Daycare: Picked up Chromium, who grew to level 33, and Helena, who grew to level 32. Dropped them both back off again.

Training Center: Dropped off Fatale to learn Defog. Also posted to inform them that she'd learned Hidden Power to register her Hidden Power type as Dark (the buttload of TM purchases I posted to make were confirmed earlier, so Fatale does indeed know a bunch of new moves now. As does Dudley, for that matter.).

Move Tutor: Picked up Stewie, who learned Dynamic Punch. Dropped off Cyanide to relearn Swift- her birthday gifts were confirmed, putting her above the level at which she'd have learned Swift had she not evolved.

And another Eeveepocalypse has come and gone, and in it's place, it's Hippopotas Day! So see that you secure a superb selection of sweet stuff for your Sand Stream-sneezing... uh... alright, my alliteration ain't always awesome.

(nicknames: Chromium=Smeargle; Helena=Shuppet; Fatale=Shiny Beautifly; Dudley=Shiny Slowbro; Stewie=Shadow Ledian; Cyanide=Umbreon)
Old 04-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #37985
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Monday?
...fuck

Also I whim for Hip hip hippopotas, they're so cute~

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #37986
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meanwhile, if you do have the Fizzytopian Rattata or any of its evolutionaries and don't mind a quick buck, I have a skinning facility over there.

EDITUM: And it has begun. Batten down the hatches.
Meanwhile I was the only person celebrating Rattata/Raticate day this year :v

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Old 04-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #37987
BLEU
Cascade Badge

So, I realized, Eevee is by far the most popular Pokemon in FB. With people having more than one, easily. What Pokemon is second most Popular after Eevee. Or, is there any Pokemon more popular than eevee?
Old 04-18-2016, 02:23 PM   #37988
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I dunno what the second most popular Pokémon line in FB might be, though I can guess at some of the candidates...

1: Numel/Camerupt and/or Torkoal (very common hatches from Fire Eggs, a popular Egg variety in and of itself)

2: Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade (The Ralts line just seems to be really popular)

3: Shuppet/Banette (You can thank Marion Ette for this one- she seemed to make almost everyone in FB want a Shuppet or Banette of their own.)
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #37989
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEU View Post
So, I realized, Eevee is by far the most popular Pokemon in FB. With people having more than one, easily. What Pokemon is second most Popular after Eevee. Or, is there any Pokemon more popular than eevee?
Eevee is definitely the most popular. It has many things going for it, only some or none of which other Pokémon have:
  1. It's really cute.
  2. It has the most final stages of evolution of any Pokémon.
    1. This means that, of all Pokémon, you're least likely to look at Eevee's final evolutions and find nothing you like. Chances are good there's at least something you like out of the options on offer.
    2. This means that Eevee lends itself well to a theme team, namely the Eeveelutions theme team. Many players aspire to collect one of each Eeveelution.
  3. It's not very good in the video games, the TCG, or ASB. Since every Pokémon can be great in FB, Eevee included, this makes Eevee a stronger candidate for pickup since some people want to have fun with a Pokémon that they couldn't have fun with elsewhere.
  4. It's rare. (And thus paradoxically has become quite common to see on people's teams.) Sometimes people want what they can't have. Sometimes people enjoy having status symbols. Eevee, and Pokémon that are rare in FB in general, can satisfy that desire.
  5. It's common. (See above; common only because so many people have one, not because it commonly shows up or is otherwise easy to get.) Some people might feel a little left out not owning an Eevee. Owning one lets them feel like part of the group.
  6. It's purchaseable. Few Pokémon are. Eevee is one of the few Pokémon that you can outright declare, "I want this one!" and take home with you in exchange for money.
For these reasons and maybe more, Eevee has become the Pokémon you're most likely to find on any given FB veteran's team.

As for which Pokémon is the second most popular ... I honestly don't know. A few years ago it probably would have been Shuppet. We had a member who dearly loved the Pokémon and popularized it in the community. Not everyone bit -- take me, for example -- but a great many people started wanting a Shuppet. And because a number of people were homing in on Ghost Mystery Eggs back then -- because they wanted other Ghosts, like Misdreavus and Gastly -- and because Shuppet was one of only two Commons in Ghost eggs at that time, we had no shortage of Shuppet to satisfy the whims of the many.

But that was several years ago, and many of those members are long gone or retired. Today, I don't know that Shuppet is any more common than say Houndour or Riolu.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #37990
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
As for which Pokémon is the second most popular ... I honestly don't know. A few years ago it probably would have been Shuppet. We had a member who dearly loved the Pokémon and popularized it in the community. Not everyone bit -- take me, for example -- but a great many people started wanting a Shuppet. And because a number of people were homing in on Ghost Mystery Eggs back then -- because they wanted other Ghosts, like Misdreavus and Gastly -- and because Shuppet was one of only two Commons in Ghost eggs at that time, we had no shortage of Shuppet to satisfy the whims of the many.

But that was several years ago, and many of those members are long gone or retired. Today, I don't know that Shuppet is any more common than say Houndour or Riolu.
I don't think that many Shuppet/Banette-owning members are inactive... lemme think... Well, first, there's me, of course, with Myrtle and Helena... GS has his Banette... Uhhhhh also has a Banette and seems to be coming out of inactivity if his posting in the Bar is any indicator... Dave's got a Shuppet... Emi has two Shuppet... Arc's got her Banette... Tess has a Shuppet... ES has a Shuppet... Okiku's got a Shuppet... Itzatrap's got a Shuppet... A few of the newer members have Shuppet, namely Connor and Samayouru... That's 10 active Shuppet and 4 active Banette, that I know of. Not sure if it still makes the Shuppet line second only to Eevee among active members, but it still seems like the Shuppet line is a popular one in FB in any case.

(nicknames: Myrtle=Banette; Helena=Shuppet)
Old 04-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #37991
BLEU
Cascade Badge

Well, for what it's worth, I do not like shuppet or banette too much. In fact, I'll be going for a serpent theme with the Pokemon like Gyarados and Serperior and steelix and Milotic etc. I assume most of you guys would have some sort of theme for your squad? I know MM goes for most of the poison type Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno
You have to look within yourself and nuke the sun in your heart.

R.I.P - THE ONES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES 9/11 - Humanity Finally Dies.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:48 PM   #37992
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
I assume most of you guys would have some sort of theme for your squad? I know MM goes for most of the poison type Pokemon.
Yeah, that I do. I make exceptions, of course, and in fact I originally intended the team to be nothing but Poison-types. As far as my non-Poison-types go...

Sirius: When he first hatched, I pictured this cute little Poochyena puppy jumping up and licking my face. One huge weakness for cute puppies later, he's the first non-Poison-type to make the team.

Peeves: I had taken a Ghost Egg with the intention of hatching a Gastly. Hatched a Duskull instead. Duskull are cool, so I went with it. No regrets.

Myrtle: Same story as many of us- Marion Ette RP'd with her Banette so well that she made us want Banette of our own. I started coming up with a character idea for one, and then CB hatched a Shuppet and I couldn't resist. Once again, no regrets.

Luna: By now I came to accept that my team was by no means gonna be a full-on mono-Poison team, and I love the Woobat line.

Meowth: I had the Weezing, I had the Victreebel, I had the Arbok. I was bound to start whimming for a Meowth at some point. Eventually I got the Meowth, and he's more or less the Pikachu to my Ash at this point. Almost every time I enter a zone, it's with Meowth. He hasn't been able to be used in a shop in ages, so it's a good thing he's got full Happiness Points, a decent level, and a good selection of moves to choose from.

Pisces: I like Basculin. Enough said. My original plans called for a Red-Striped Basculin specifically, but apparently in my mind, impatience trumps pickiness.

Helena: It all started when Soy Sauce first hatched her. The idea was thrown around about me going for a second Shuppet (Myrtle hadn't evolved at that time). I laughingly disagreed, stating I didn't know what kind of character I'd even give another Shuppet. Then Marion suggested something along the lines of Helena's current personality. It stuck. I went for the Shuppet.

Rubeus: Stunfisk is my favorite Electric-type. Also had to go for this one as a means of atoning for the utter fiasco that was my first Stunfisk.

Millicent: Came up with the idea of a ghost possessing a Timburr's log essentially making her two characters in one Pokémon. I loved the idea. Still do, as a matter of fact.

Cyanide: Original plan was to evolve her into Flareon, my favorite Eeveelution, but things happened and I wound up making her an Umbreon instead. No complaints, though- it's actually a better fit for a Poison-type team, considering Umbreon basically sweat poison.

Ginny: We got Super Rare Egg House Passes from a Christmas giveaway. Gastly was still Super Rare back then, so that was what I was after. Only problem was, this was back when Gastly weren't able to hatch from Poison Eggs, to make them all the rarer. Also, back then, Mystery Eggs had a restriction on them similar to that of Enigma Eggs, and I wouldn't have been eligible for my next Mystery Egg until after the pass expired. So I went for plan B- a Super Rare Enigma Egg. My chances at getting a Gastly weren't nearly as good as a Super Rare Ghost Egg would've made them, but it was better than nothing, I figured. Wound up hatching a Pawniard. Came up with the character idea, wound up keeping her.

Helga: Honestly? I just felt sorry for her. This female Makuhita was up for trade, after having previously been traded to Soy Sauce for a single berry, and now nobody was interested. In addition to my aforementioned weakness for cute puppies, I also seem to have a weakness for unloved Pokémon, so I took in the Makuhita. Wound up making her into a character I'm never gonna get rid of.

Chance: A long time back, I hatched a Squirtle from a Starter Egg that I'd gotten from an event. I'd been hoping for a Bulbasaur, but I figured I'd keep the Squirtle. And then, when PC space got a little tight (PC space used to be waaaaaay more restrictive than it is today), I wound up putting her in the Adoption Center. Very hard decision, always regretted it. So, fast forward to EBE offering to trade me his Squirtle for my Gible, I could not resist. It also makes sense for my character to own a Blastoise because his dad owns one as well.

Fang: I like Carnivine. It's literally as simple as that.

Shelley: My character grew up in Lavaridge Town. It makes sense he'd want some Fire-types, and up to that point, I had none. Torkoal may not be my favorite Fire-type, but I still like it well enough, and I like Shelley's character.

Ruby: This is actually a combination of several factors. One, when Stark hatched my Fire Egg, the post depicted this newborn Houndour jumping up and trying to lick my character's face. Could not resist. Two, I'd previously RP'd the Egg as being burning hot to the touch, but only for Meowth, so something between her and Meowth was already all set to happen. Three, Fire-type going to a native of Lavaridge Town. And four, Houndoom's fire is poisonous, hence a burn from such fire never healing.

Stewie: Ohhhhhh, man. As soon as that Shadow Ledyba was generated for the Shadow Lottery a few years back, I just knew. I had the character idea in mind almost right away. Only problem was actually getting the Shadow Ledyba- every time it went up for trade I was either hopelessly outbid or I didn't get a chance to bid before it went well outside my price range. I lucked out when I hatched a Munchlax, and EBE offered the Shadow Ledyba in exchange for the Munchlax.

Dudley: I always said I'd keep the very first Shiny I ever get in FB. Dudley is that Shiny.

Norbert: I. Like. Haxorus.

Vinny: Same reason as Shelley. And the character I wound up coming up for him didn't exactly hurt, either.

Gold: Gold's actually got some history. I hatched him many years ago from a Starter Egg. Kept him for a good while before deciding to trade him away. Cue the instant regret. Four years after that, CB tells me he's thinking about trading Gold away and asks if I'd be interested in taking him back. I was very interested, to put it mildly.

Chromium: I'd always talked about the kind of moves I'd have a Smeargle Sketch if ever I got one in FB, and then Pest put her Smeargle up for trade. It wasn't a huge want of mine, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Made a small bid for the Smeargle, which turned out to be the only one. No regrets whatsoever- I think Chromium is actually the first of her kind ever to actually Sketch any moves in FB. I've got a couple of TMs she'll be using up future Sketches on as well, I like her character- basically she's on the team to stay.

Violet: Dunsparce is perhaps my favorite non-Poison-type Pokémon ever. I actually had to give up my first Dunsparce due to PC space restrictions, which I've regretted ever since.

Heatstroke: Same basic idea as Shelley and Vinny.

Bart: I've always liked Scraggy and Scrafty, and when MZ put his Scraggy up for trade, I couldn't resist.

Jack: I'd been whimming on and off for a Ditto for the longest time, though considering how rare they are in FB, it was never really a whim I could ever act on. Until, that is, they became available in Coins for Prizes and I realized that I could cash in some Pokédollars and end up with enough coins to buy one. So, yeah, I saw the opportunity and went for it. And why not? Ditto's basically got unlimited RP potential, and Jack is no exception.

Kyle: First off, Heatmor is my favorite Fire-type. And second, if you've never read through my Aduro Island Cascadia adventure, I would highly recommend it. If it's not the most awesome zone adventure I've ever experienced, it's gotta be close to it. Essentially, all throughout the adventure, my character's helping out this pack of starving Heatmor, and their leader's helping him out as well The two of them ended up forming a very strong bond, I wanted that Heatmor something fierce, so as soon as MZ presented the opportunity to do so, I had my character invite the Heatmor to join the team.

Lenny: One of my many recurring whims has been a Sneasel recolored to have the same color scheme its kind had in Gold and Silver- brown fur, blue feathers. In addition, I've been after a Pokémon for my Toxicroak and Skuntank, who are in love despite their incompatible Egg groups, to raise as their child. My original plan called for this to be a Cryogonal, but I gave the manner some thought over time, and then Talon reiterated a bunch of Pokémon he was looking to trade, which included a male Sneasel, so I came to a decision.

Fatale: First, I'd always wanted my team to have at least one Pokémon that's extremely macabre and morbid. Originally, I intended this to be basically the world's creepiest Jigglypuff. Second, I've had a character idea in mind for Beautifly for a very long time- basically one which plays up the side of its Pokédex entries that no other Beautifly owner in FB seems to touch upon- savage, brutal, aggressive, stabs prey with mouth to drink its fluids, all that good stuff. And third, I always intended for my Dustox to have a love interest to help him completely get over my Venomoth (basically, he fell in love with her, but long after she and my Vileplume fell in love with each other, it was a lot of drama). Slowly I began to consider combining the three needs into one Pokémon, and then that Shiny Beautifly went up for trade.

(nicknames: Sirius=Mightyena; Peeves=Dusknoir; Myrtle=Banette; Luna=Swoobat; Pisces=Blue-Striped Basculin; Helena=Shuppet; Rubeus=Stunfisk; Millicent=Timburr; Cyanide=Umbreon; Ginny=Pawniard; Helga=Hariyama; Chance=Blastoise; Fang=Carnivine; Shelley=Torkoal; Ruby=Houndoom; Stewie=Shadow Ledian; Dudley=Shiny Slowbro; Norbert=Haxorus; Vinny=Camerupt; Gold=Feraligatr; Chromium=Smeargle; Violet=Dunsparce; Heatstroke=Magcargo; Bart=Scrafty; Jack=Ditto; Kyle=Heatmor; Lenny=Weavile; Fatale=Shiny Beautifly)
Old 04-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #37993
Pud'n
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Well, for what it's worth, I do not like shuppet or banette too much. In fact, I'll be going for a serpent theme with the Pokemon like Gyarados and Serperior and steelix and Milotic etc. I assume most of you guys would have some sort of theme for your squad? I know MM goes for most of the poison type Pokemon.

I've been playing around with the idea of this nearly deaf (needs hearing aids to hear) singer/musician. she'd use mainly sound based Pokémon; Whismur, Chatot, Noibat, that she could also give commands to with sign language if need be.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:54 AM   #37994
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
You'd think that, but
I have no style
I have no theme
I'm a thirsty fuck with everything on my team~

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 04-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #37995
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
You'd think that, but
I have no style
I have no theme
I'm a thirsty fuck with everything on my team~
Well, there's your theme right there, then. Your theme is, whatever the hell you want to use. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of my own Pokémon I got on a whim, and are now staples of the team I'd never dream of getting rid of.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #37996
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Levin Sanders: my only character for 4 years, he started out specializing in Fighting-Types to overcome his brother's Steel, then moved on to a broader approach, discovering a latent innate affinity for Fire but using Pokemon of all kinds except Dark, which he's uncomfortable around.

Gale Windsor: raised in the art of birdkeeping, he is especially skilled at raising avian Pokemon, but wants to hone his abilities with all types of Pokemon capable of flight, which he considers the ultimate (or perhaps only) form of freedom.

Luther Helford: An anarchist who dedicates himself to raising exclusively Dark-Types, fascinated by their unique nature and overpowering impulses. He thinks very little of Mankind by comparison, himself included, and pities most other Pokemon who hold enough power to establish themselves as the dominant force of this world but instead choose to serve the weaker species.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #37997
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

To get more specific about my own character;

Keith Masters: An adventurous, optimistic Trainer who has a particular affinity for Poison-types. He specializes in Poison for the most part, actually owning at least one member of every currently known Poison-type evolution line, though is by no means above raising other kinds of Pokémon as well, generally happy to work with any kind of Pokémon that comes his way. He likes to defy the stereotype that associates Poison-types with evildoers. Also has a slightly lesser affinity for Fire-types and Ghost-types, the former due to growing up in Lavaridge Town, and the latter due to certain experiences in his childhood.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #37998
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
My theme is Rock Types as most of the older members here probably know, I think :x
It's my favorite type and it's also close to my personal interests, and for RP in general I prefer to stay close to myself and just build out from there.
I also originally wanted to start with a Larvitar (before I read the restrictions/rules) and when I read that wasn't possible I figured the most logical step from there was to start with a mute Ralts instead. Makes sense right?

And since we're also talking about our characters:

Rowan Virote: A gentleman and overal friendly and respectful trainer and researcher/geologist, with a great affinity for Rock-type Pokémon and the outdoors. He specializes in Rock-types because of his love for the type and the usefulness they have for his work. Secondary interest in types would be Steel, for pretty much the same reasons, but loves all his Pokémon equally, though Rose, his Kirlia and first Pokémon, does have a special place.

Last edited by Escalion; 04-19-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #37999
Heather
Naga's Voice

>Escalion back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 04-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #38000
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion