UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #326
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

gmoyes: Knowing its not you this little Nidoran should be concentrating on fighting, your main goal for the moment is to calm him down enough to realise you've no intention of harming him or his sister. She's still scrabbling about at the sides of the pit she's trapped in, desperately trying to escape, her efforts futile as it's simply too deep, while he's seeing red, his eyes ablaze as he prepares to protect his sibling at all costs. Bronzor places itself between you and Nidoran♂ which Nidoran of course interprets as a challenge. Lowering his head he bellows and charges, fully intent on sending the two of you flying off to Timbuktu. He's gutsy, you'll give him that, but running off adrenaline doesn't necessarily mean he's operating on full thrusters as his plan clearly isn't thought out all too clearly. Hoping to slow Nidoran down at least, Bronzor sends some hypnotic waves toward the little Poison Pin Pokémon who suddenly isn't at all sure what it is he's supposed to be attacking. At that moment you hear an engine roar behind you and turn to observe two men in a truck pull up only a few metres away. They both jump out, completely ignoring you, a tall, lanky guy with short brown hair, brown eyes and a scar on his chin heading straight for the pit while the more burly black bearded fellow with a tattoo of a large breasted woman on his upper arm walks directly over to Nidoran. "This one's no good!" the lanky guy calls out after noting Nidoran♀ squealing with fright. "Grab that one over there," he continues, "he'll be perfect." The bearded fellow does just that, lifting Nidoran♂ effortlessly from the ground who is, thanks to Bronzor's Hypnosis, too confused to understand what's happening. The next minute both men are back in the truck, leaving you for dust as they take off into the desert with Nidoran♀ now squealing with a mixture of terror, panic, and grief as her brother is snatched away while she's powerless to stop it...

As his Bronzor took its position to face off against the opposing Nidoran, the poison type lowered his head and charged at the mirror Pokémon. Alex gave a small smirk to himself. The little Pokémon sure had determination, though it would matter much against his steel type. Alex wasn’t the enemy here, so he had to wrap this up quick. Fortunately it seemed that it would be over soon as the Nidoran slowed its charge and look around dazed. Echo’s Hypnosis must have worked. Now that he was calmed down, all they would have to do was-

Just then he heard a roar of an engine. Turning around, he saw a truck quickly pull to a stop next to the scene. Two tough looking men jumped out and made their way to the pit, completely ignoring the nerdy teenager. The tall skinny one examined the pit and commented that the female Nidoran inside wasn’t worth it. His scruffy partner grabbed the male that was still confused from the Hypnosis and hauled it into the truck. With that, the poacher duo sped off in a cloud of dust leaving the female in the pit crying for her brother.

Alex just stood the staring after the retreating vehicle with his jaw slack, stunned that the two men could be so brazen as to make off with a Pokémon that he was already fighting. He even did the dirty work for them by making the poison type unable to defend itself. Just then Echo emitted a tone that snapped its trainer out of his stupor. Shaking his head to focus, he tried to figure out what to do. He figured that the first thing to do was to get the trapped Nidoran out of the pit. “Echo, use your Psychic to lift that Nidoran out of pit.” The steel type blinked a nod and went to it.

Alex turned back towards the tracks the poachers left. There was no way he could catch up on foot, even if he was in good shape. None of his Pokémon were strong enough to transport him that far or fast. That only left one thing. Searching around his pockets for the right pokeball, he pulled it out and released the Pokémon contained within. “Phi, come on out.”

Alex’s Abra appeared and yawned. Alex hoped that the small psychic type was strong enough to pull this off. “Phi, a pair of poachers took off with male Nidoran that way,” he said indicating the tracks. He paused for a moment and offered a description to help the Abra track them down. “The poachers most likely have an aura ranging from navy blue to a rust colour. I wouldn’t see much yellow in them. The Nidoran most likely has a brighter blue aura. Can you sense them?” There was a slight pause before Phi responded.

…yes…

Alex grinned and nodded. The barren desert must have created very little interference from other living things. “Great. Get a lock on them and Teleport us to them. Do it multiple times if you need to.” He paused and looked at the female Nidoran emerging from the pit. “Also relay a message to that Nidoran. Can you do that?”

…yes…

Alex nodded. “Ok. Tell her that we’re going after the poachers that took her brother. She can come with us if she wants. It’s her choice.” Once the little poison made her decision, he withdrew Echo back to its pokeball and looked to Phi. “Ok, let’s go.”

For a fleeting moment, he considered the technique Teleport. While he’s seen Phi use the move, he himself has never been teleported. He wondered what it would be like. Also the physics behind it were rather unknown, probably something else to do a paper on. But at this moment, there were other thing to think about. The poachers couldn’t be that strong, or else they wouldn’t resort to cheap pitfall traps. His squad shouldn’t have too much trouble handling them.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #327
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Arcane Realm

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Chad walked along the path. He had already experienced a few adventures in forests, so he was looking for something new. That's when he found them, the tombstones of the graveyard he had heard was nearby. He decided have a look around.

Chad hadn't spent too much time in a graveyard before, afterall what could one do that there besides pay respect? After reading some of the names, he determined that this was a Pokemon graveyard. For some odd reason, Chad became uneasy. He felt almost as if he was being watched. Could those poor departed Pokemon be watching him, even from beyond? Chad had the feeling he didn't want to be alone anymore, so he took a black and blue Pokeball out of his pocket. He clicked the button on the ball, which also had the image of a crescent moon on it, and it opened releasing the Pokemon it contained, his recently-evolved Accelgor.

"Accelgor, I -" Chad began to say, but he paused midway through. He had aimed the Moon Ball in front of him slightly to his left. He looked in that direction to speak to Accelgor, who should have appeared there, only he didn't. "Where did you go?" Chad thought he saw something streak by.

"Gor," Accelgor said, appearing all of a sudden on a tombstone behind Chad.

Chad whipped around to see his ninja bug. "There you are," he said sighing relief. "Let's take a look around this graveyard." He turned to start walking away when he added, "We should probably pay respects to the departed Pokemon at some point as well."

"Gor," Accelgor replied, and he disappeared in a streak as he followed Chad. Chad jumped a little when he first spotted Accelgor appear on another tombstone.

"I'm gonna need to get used to your ninja streaking, buddy."

"Cel," Chad could almost detect a hint of humor in Accelgor's response when he took a split second between his streaking to respond. Usually Accelgor was as serious as they come; at least he was when he was a Shelmet.

"Please stay close. I'm getting a little nervous." He was, but in a way, Chad also was excited to see what would happen next, if anything.

Stats

OOC: I've been wanting to come here, and now that I have to, all the better.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #328
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
The Arcane Realm

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Kin spluttered as the winds blew yet another sandy snack into his mouth. The sandy expanse didn't have quite the lonely, empty feel the books had insisted it embodied- rather, the blazing sands seemed to be a different kind of busy, with an air of hopelessness thrown in for good measure. Wincing, Kin glanced at the Purrloin on his shoulder, who seemed oblivious of the abrasive weather- or anything, really. Smiling, Kin turned his attention back to the raging field- Nihilia's ineffable impasse had been why he choose her as his primary companion on the quest, after all. Remembering that, Kin reflected for a moment on the quest in question- The area was stated to house twin villages but, as typical of deserts, the question of if said villages had been but mirages was everpresent. And that was why he had come. The truth of such things could only be confirmed by one's own eyes. He hadn't expected it to be quite so sandy, though.

"Here's hoping books' overwhelming real to mirage ratio holds some water..." Kin murmured to himself as he crested a dune, pausing to take in the scenery.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #329
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
OOC: Hi! Lemme know if I'm doing it wrong. Profile link in sig.

Quote:
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
Richard moved cautiously in the shade of the trees. He'd been wandering this godforsaken forest for three days now and had fallen over twenty six too many roots for his liking. The forest was pretty enough. He enjoyed the way the light looked through the leaves, and some of these flowers were simply amazing, but he was getting sick of the uneven footing. Also the not having any idea where he was, that was less than ideal. Now if only he could find -

A high pitched shriek derailed his train of thought, killing all fourty seven passengers on board and dominating the national news for at least a week. A red something fell right in front of his face and hit the ground with a sort of whoomphing sound. He prodded it with his foot. His loyal Pansear, Gauss, looked up at him with a grin that managed to be both sheepish and inane whilst nursing the new bump on his head.

"You need to be more careful." Gauss chittered happily in response before scampering off. Richard watched him vanish momentarily up another tree. Somehow, Gauss managed to reappear in the branches of a completely different tree some fifteen feet to the right.

"I really need to learn how you do that" he said, taking a step closer to his partner and promptly falling over his twenty seventh root.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #330
Toyo
hail

Quote:
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
”A new Realm to explore.” James had thought to himself as he entered the entryway to the world before. ”Too bad we only get one shot.” It was a tough decision for him to make, deciding which place to visit. But the eerie Graveyard captivated him, and he ultimately made his decision to head there in search of treasure hidden in the crypts or something else that might appear.

He was there now for sure, and as he pressed his hand against the rough and rusted gate to the Graveyard, he heard his companion of choice give a grunt of disapproval.

“Buddy, I know you don’t like this place, but it’s worth a shot, isn’t it?” James said, turning his head back to face the rock behind him. He had chosen his Geodude for this adventure, the one without a name and without a doubt the one that he hadn’t interacted with much. The stone shook his head one last time before pushing himself up with his arms and walking on his knuckles. The gate moved as soon as James had pushed on it, and the two took a few more steps into the Graveyard.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #331
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

blazeVA: For a moment you could swear you see a flicker of fear in the kid's eyes when you threaten him but then he smirks, replying, "Or what?!" before following through with his action. A tight knot of nausea clenches in your stomach as he does so, and you watch the light fade from Swellow's eyes as she loses consciousness, her babies now utterly defenceless against this sadistic little... kid. Lemon Drop is beside herself with rage, a feeling mirrored in your own heart after the atrocity you've just witnessed, and while Lemon Drop's fist charges with fighting energy the boy laughs loudly, slapping his thigh comically as he laughs and points at your partner. "Oh God!' he roars hysterically. "Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! He actually thinks a bunny rabbit is going to fight me." Falling to his knees he clutches his stomach, practically in stitches. "A BUNNY RABBIT IS GONNA GET ME!" he chokes, barely able to contain himself. So taken aback that at first you're not sure how to react, the one feeling that is unmistakeable is your complete and utter contempt for this less-than-human specimen rolling around on the ground crying with laughter. You'd so love to crush him right now, but it seems he's starting to pull himself together as he gets to his feet, still giggling, and removes a Pokéball from his pocket that he tosses forward to reveal a Corphish. "I'll tell ya what," he smirks. "You beat my Pokémon and I'll give you all the Taillow I just caught."
Blaze thought for just a moment that he saw a glimmer of fear in the kid's eyes. He grinned at this, as all he wanted to do was scare the kid into leaving them alone. Action of course would apply when action was needed, but Blaze had retarded his anger dow na few levels and now began to think with a more level head. But that was all just a glimmer it seemed. The kid smirks, and says "Or what?" He then kicks the Swellow out of the way, the toe of his shoe striking the bird and causing it to fall out of his way. That was it for the Swellow, as now the light fades from her eyes as she loses consciousness.

'...' Blaze froze. He didn't figure that the kid was going to go through with his action, especially since his Lopunny was out on the fore. But this, this settled it with him. There was no forgiving this kid. He was going to have to be stopped. This was no time for indecisiveness. This was time for action. A ball of nausea builds up in Blaze's throat as he looks at the kid, practically ready to pounce on him for what he did. 'That little sadistic...kid. You piece of crap, you are going to pay.' Lemon Drop herself was beside herself, and in a flash of anger that Blaze had never seen before, Lopunny charges up her fist with fighting energy, ready to give this kid a SKY UPPERCUT if he did anything more to those babies. "One more step mister..." she says under her breath. 'God damn, I have never seen her this angry before. Sad or happy, yes. Scared, yes. But angry? This is a side I have never seen.'

The boy isn't as intimidated by it as Blaze is, and it seems that it might actually be giving the kid a little more of a pep than anything else. He begins to laugh hard, slapping his thigh while pointing to Lemon Drop. "Oh God!" he begins to yell on the mountain, causing an echo to ring out. "Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! He actually thinks a bunny rabbit is going to fight me." The boy falls to his knees, clutching his stomach as the idea of Lemon Drop fighting him was just too much for him. He might split and have to be sewn up in stitches. "A BUNNY RABBIT IS GOING TO GET ME!" he chokes, barely able to stop laughing long enough to say anything.

"..." Blaze froze again, but this time, it wasn't because of this kid. Although the only feeling he has for the rotten wrench is the complete contempt that can only be described as hate, he can feel the waves of enmity coming off of Lemon Drop. It seems that although he hates him, she hates him even more than he did. Abusing a family of Tailow wasn't enough for him, but now, he had to go and taunt Lemon Drop like that. 'I'm going to crush him. Nobody treats my Pokemon like that.' But the kid gets up, stopping any stomping maneuvers, which was good because Blaze might have started pounding on the kid, and he takes out a Pokeball, giggling as he is doing it, and tosses it forwards. The Pokeball opens up in a bright flash of light to reveal a crawfish like Pokemon, and Blaze takes out his Pokedex to see exactly what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Scanning...scanning....match found!

Corphish, the Ruffian Pokemon. Its hardy vitality allows it to survive in any environment. Its pincers will never release prey. No matter how dirty the water in the river, it will adapt and thrive. It has a strong will to survive.

Corphish is a Water type Pokemon, and its highest stats is its Attack.
'A Corphish huh? We are having crawfish for dinner tonight.' Blaze thinks, before being interrupted by the kid. "I'll tell ya what," he smirks. "You beat my Pokemon, and I'll give you all the Tailow I just caught." he says with an arrogant tone. 'Wait a minute, all of them! He has more than the one he just caught now?' Blaze knew that one was caught, but because there was still so many inside of the nest, he never figured that there might have been more. This pissed him off even more, and now he was going to...

"I'll have you know, little kid, that even though I am just a rabbit, I am Blaze's most trustworthy teammate. I have had three trainer battles with Blaze." she says looking down at the ground in anger, before looking up at the kid with a determined look on her face. "AND I HAVE WON ALL THREE! SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, BECAUSE WHEN I AM DONE WITH YOUR CORPHISH, I AM COMING FOR YOU KID!" She charges at the Corphish without a second's notice, and Blaze is astounded by her Speed. He knew she was fast, but he didn't know she was this fast. "Lemon Drop wait! We don't know what tricks this kid could have up his sleeve!" It was too little, too late, however, as Lemon Drop started to close the distance, between the two, her fist of Fighting energy cocked and ready. 'Just wait, kid, I'll show you the power Blaze has given me! Just watch as I smash you Corphish in two with a SKY UPPERCUT, and follow through with a THUNDERBOLT! You'll be cooked!'
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #332
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:

Kairne: Despite the fact Swinub has clearly been spooked by whatever is coming your way, you decide to stay and face it. Standing your ground you can't help but shake slightly as the fearsome roaring moves ever closer, and before you know it a large shadow appears in the cavern opening. Glancing down at Trapinch, witnessing his eyes nearly bugging out of his little head, your look back up to find yourself face to face with a terrifyingly gruesome blood covered Ursaring who nearly has you soiling your pants. The blood. So much blood you're starting to feel faint. But whose blood? Who or what has Ursaring ravaged that it would be covered in so much blood? Upon finding you here Ursaring unleashes a deafening roar that echoes far into the depths of the old mineshafts, its teeth now looking more like fangs, those things on its hands second by second appearing more like razors than claws, and you can't help but feel you've bitten off more than you can chew by thinking you and Trapinch will be able to defend yourself against this terrifying Pokémon. Ursaring's eyes flick from you to Trapinch then back to you before it unleashes a blood-curdling roar and lunges straight for you...

Kairne stood fast as the roaring from the tunnel got louder, seemingly closer and closer to him. Before he knew it, a large silhouette was eclipsing the tunnel's faint light. A quick glace at his Trapinch confirmed his suspicions that the little guy was scared, and Kairne made sure the little guy's PokéBall was quickly accessible, just in case things got too intense for him. He was still so little, so young, and this definitely wasn't his terrain.

Kairne had an idea flash through his head briefly. He could use his PokéDex to scan whatever it was, to see what he was dealing with. Unfortunately, in the time it took for this to cross his mind, the creature got close enough to see and identify. Ursaring, Kairne thought to himself, the Hibernator Pokémon. For a brief moment, what he knew of this species flashed through his head. Normal-type, strong emphasis on physical assault moves, not too common. Extremely keen sense of smell. Sight's not fantastic, but hearing is fairly acute, as well. Mostly herbivorous. And then Kairne saw it. Blood. All over, the bear's fur is splattered with the stuff. The sight, the smell, made Kairne start to feel sick. He cursed his hemophobia, the fear of blood that even now was making him feel faint. The bear's eyes honed in on Kairne, and he could feel it, feel the eyes' sharp intensity pierce him. The Ursaring roared at him, loud and frightening, before lunging at Kairne.

Had Kairne not had his full sensory range, had his feet been too numb to give him the second's warning he needed, he felt he probably would have been ended then and there. With the small waring, however, he was able to duck back just enough to give him the opening he needed. He returned his little antlion back into his PokéBall without a word, and ran for the tunnel the Swinub had ducked into, knowing full well that a scary, intimidating Pokémon was bound to be hot on his trail. Opening his PokéDex, he set it to scan for whatever more information it would give him on the Ursaring, hoping it wouldn't come to a battle but preparing himself, just in case. If he could find out the bear's level, or moves, or anything, really, it could become useful.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #333
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Apologies for the delay, we have a lot of ground to make up so we'll try and keep these coming as quickly as we can. Celebii151, jolteonjak, Kindrindra, Concept, and Tyoyo3131, you'll all be picked up by another updator which should be fairly soon.

gmoyes, the Arcane Realm is a home board specific zone. I didn't even notice at first that you weren't a UPN Home Boarder but now that it's been picked up I've transferred your adventure to Serebii so you can continue to reply over there.

Kairne: Figuring Ursaring is too much to handle at the moment, especially considering the state it is in, you recall Trapinch and race into the tunnel through which Swinub had disappeared only moments ago. Something isn't right here though, you can feel it, but you just can't put your finger on it. For a Pokémon who, for all intents and purposes was about to tear you limb from limb it should have been able to grab you back there. Fair enough you're working off of adrenaline, and that in itself can cause a person to seemingly do the impossible, but in the time it took you to take in the scene, recall Trapinch and run, you can't help but feel something is very off about the whole situation. As if to confirm your suspicions Trapinch releases himself from his Pokéball and desperately tries to get you to stop running and go back. Really not in the right frame of mind to be dealing with this right now you recall him again, this time shoving his Pokéball so far into your pocket that he has no chance of escaping of his own accord again. You soon reach a junction in the tunnel. Go straight ahead and you'll head further into the mine or turn right and it'll take you back out into daylight, a small speck of which you can see in the distance. With Ursaring lumbering up behind you, it's frightful roars echoing throughout the old mineshaft, you don't have a lot of choice in the matter. Go deeper or get the hell out of here seem to be your only options...

blazeVA: While there is no doubt in the world this kid needs to be taught a very valuable lesson your heart sinks as you watch Lemon Drop allow her emotions to take control. She charges Corphish without taking the time to await your instructions or even to really think about the attack she is using. "Well don't think this is gunna be four," the boy growls. "You know what to do Corphish, so do it!" he yells, the Ruffian Pokémon immediately dropping to its belly to evade Lemon Drop's attack. As her fist goes sailing somewhere over top of Corphish's head, her Sky Uppercut missing it by a mile, Corphish reaches out and clamps onto her leg with a Vice-like grip that has her falling face first into the dirt. The boy roars with laughter while Lemon Drop spits out soil and grass. "Oooooh, I'm so scared of you little bunny rabbit!" he taunts, adding insult to injury. "You gotta do better than that if you want a shot at me!" His comments only serve to spur Lemon Drop on however, for while she realises that she did act impulsively she also knows her next attack is going to pack one hell of a punch. Although Corphish is squeezing the life out of her she has it exactly where she wants it and unleashes a massive Thunderbolt at point-blank range, the electricity coursing through Corphish and frying every nerve ending in it's body to the extreme. It flops onto its back, its little legs curling up in agony, every muscle seized up to make movement next to impossible. Corphish is in a world of hurt at the moment and while it lays there defenseless its trainer begins raging, "You useless piece of shit! How dare you let that thing beat you! What kind of Pokémon are you?! USELESS! THAT'S WHAT!!!" Lemon Drop barely has a chance to rejoice in her victory however, as at that moment the boy's long since forgotten Mareep appears in front of its trainer, prepared to protect him at all costs...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #334
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Hello, folks! Shaking off the layers of rust, I'm here to alleviate some of the burden the other updators are facing. I haven't been doing this for quite some time, but I hope you'll have a fun and enriching experience all the same. As a reminder, please include a link to your profile when replying, either in your signature or your post.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)

Celebii151
Stuck amongst the Silverton Ranges as the result of a Teleport gone wrong, you nonetheless decide to make the most of the situation at hand. Shade the Umbreon, sticking out like a light bulb in a darkened room, nuzzles against you as he tries to share your body warmth. Thankfully, the temperature isn't at bone-chilling levels, but the occasional gust of freezing wind blowing into your face does make you flinch uncomfortably.

The two of you trek for a solid twenty minutes, and you begin to feel the vitality and enthusiasm slip from your muscles. For an area said to be populated with lots of wild Pokémon, you've come to wonder why you haven't seen any yet. The prospect sends an abrupt shiver up your spine, and you rub your hands together, hugging your Umbreon closer. Could it be a sign of harsher conditions yet to come?

"Hail, traveller!" Against the falling snow and groaning winds, the sound what seems to be another person startles you. Squinting through the snowflakes, the blurry image of a hairy humanoid appears; ragged hairs or fur surrounding the stranger's silhouette. Next to - his? its? - shoulder you make out another figure, floating and pulsing with a lavender light. The humanoid raises a hand, apparently waving at you, but you remain rooted to the spot. For all you know it could be a hallucination, the cold finally taking a toll on your perceptions. And there's no guarantee that the stranger might be friendly either... on the other hand, you know you could use the company up in the lonely, frigid slopes.

What will you do?

Jolteonjak
Apprehension and excitement dance inside as you make your way into the grounds of the Graveyard, in anticipation of an adventure of equal parts in intrigue and horror. Accompanying you is your Accelgor, no stranger to the newfound speed he gained as a result of evolution, and while you're still not quite used to it as he is, you're thankful for his presence. With his papery bindings flickering quietly and his stalwart glances, he makes for a reasonably effective guard considering the circumstances the both of you are walking into. A constant concern cloaks your mind; what if you were jumped by some sinister spirit, angry at your uninvited intrusion?

It is this combination of thoughts and emotion that keeps you on edge as you trudge across the pebble-paved pathways, amidst the crumbling slabs in various states of disrepair. You are able to make out some of the names and epitaphs left behind. Pokémon nicknames, well-wishes, arbitrary numbers briefly register in your sight as you pass them by, alongside other stones that have long side faded and broken after years of neglect. The quietude is almost staggering to behold, and it isn't long until you wonder if you wouldn't rather something jump out in front of you - anything to break the morbid monotony.

"...Cel!"

You briefly jump, startled by the tug on your shoulder by Accelgor, having almost forgotten about his hovering about. Like a hawk poised on your shoulder, he gestures his freely floating wraps towards your two o'clock direction. Through the wisps of graveyard mist, you spot the figure of a woman dressed in formal clothes - long sleeves and a flowing gown, giving her a rather regal look, paired with brown hair ending just above her neck. This isn't what gets your attention, though; what raises your eyebrow is the way she seems to silently glide over the path intersecting yours at a crossroads, quietly but surely moving away. You blink a few times - surely no human could possibly move this way? But on another hand, you're quite certain that she's much too solid-looking to be a ghost. Or is she?

What will you do?

Kindrindra
With your Purrloin perched ambivalently on your shoulder, you squint against the glaring sunlight and gaze deeply into the landscape before you... which, after some pondering, doesn't take you too long. Impressive as the expanse of endless silica heaps is, there aren't any visible landmarks for you to make out, and you start to wonder if there's anything of note at all. Still, you get a move on by shuffling your way down the other side of the dune. No point in simply standing around and shrugging your shoulders, you rationalise.

Not too long afterwards, you begin wishing you'd picked a friendlier location for your adventure. Aside from the sun relentlessly beating down on you and Nihilia, the gusts of sand beating you in the face have you wincing in reflexive response. Despite her moodless mode, you feel a bristling on your shoulder every now and then. Clearly Nihilia is no more in agreement with the miniature sandstorms than you are. You take to raising your other arm to shield your nose and mouth, almost fearing that your complexion has been blasted raw by the particles of silica.

Some time later, and after passing by what you guess is the ninth sand dune, you begin feeling the physical exertion bogging you down. Making your way through the loosely packed ground isn't particularly pleasant or easy, and each step you take seems to require more effort than the last. It almost seems like you're pushing against the sand clogging your ankles, sinking into the... wait, sinking? The jarring thought in your head jolts you to your senses, and Nihilia has to extend her claws slightly to hang on as the realisation makes you jerk forward. Without your noticing you find that the sand has already gripped your ankles, slowing you down to a sluggish shuffle. As though sensing your sudden state of distress the sand suddenly gives way beneath your feet, caving into a sinkhole right before your eyes. You tip forward from the change in terrain, and Nihilia hops on your back before she risks falling off. Extending your hands, you break your fall and catch a fistful of loose particles, slipping between the gaps of your fingers as everything begins crumbling down to one singular point... a point with a round, orange spheroid poking out. Horror-struck, you see the orange object turn towards you, opening its pair of gleaming eyes and snapping its serrated jaws. Against the sounds of sand falling, the eager clack-clack-clack of Trapinch's teeth sound all the more ominous.

Under your weight and the crumbling foundation of the ground, your see your hands start to sink into the sand. If you don't do something soon, you might wind up the next main course on the antlion's menu...

What will you do?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #335
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Togepi

Hello folks! It's been quite a long time since I've updated anything, but I'm glad to be getting back into it. The AR has long been something I've wanted to try and I hope you enjoy my adventures. I will warn you - I'm a little rusty - but I hope that I can provide you with quality and memorable first adventures.

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)

Concept: With a rather rocky start to your adventure and a little bit of mischief on the part of your starter, you take a moment to orient yourself. After wandering for three days around the twisting and winding paths of the forest, you really aren’t too sure where you are. The sun isn’t particularly revealing either, as the thicket of foliage formed by the canopy barely reveals the sun’s orientation, giving you little sense of direction or any idea of the time of day. You sigh, scratching your head and looking around for anything that might be of some help. But suddenly…

BONK!

Yet another object falls on your head, falling to the ground before you. You swear, looking up to the trees for your Pansear, but, to your surprise, you see the little monkey just to your side. Gauss shrugs, looking innocently at you, appearing a little puzzled. You raise an eyebrow and pick up the item that hit you. It’s a Poké Ball, looking a little battered and dirty. Turning it over in your hands, you press the front button, but it doesn’t seem to react. Looking around for what dropped it, you see a few branches rustling. From the leaves, a pair of fluffy ears and a brown-tipped prehensile tail poke out before the little mischievous Mankey shows its face. He begins to screech and holler, hopping from branch to branch. It seems like the monkey had lost his loot while swinging through the treetops and wants the stolen goods back.

What will you do?

Tyoyo3131: Though I won’t require you to rewrite it, be aware that in the future, opening posts should be a little more detailed and give your updater a little more to work with. First posts are your opportunity to RP a little more freely than replies and give a bit of background on your character to help your updater create an adventure that fits best. Of course, you must be careful not to self-update, but a little bit of detail won’t hurt.
Eager to get exploring in this mysterious realm, you find yourself and your Geodude wandering into the Graveyard. Your rocky companion seems rather hesitant to enter the spooky, foggy area. With the sun just now setting and clouds rolling in, the haunting ambiance only seems to grow even more spooky, causing your Geodude to protest further. The tough-looking Rock-type snags your pants leg, looking rather displeased and hindering your movement quite a bit with his significant bulk. You try your best to calm Geodude down, making an attempt to pry him off your leg. It takes some convincing, but you manage to get him to release his grip. Still looking nervous, he follows you very closely as you begin to explore a little further. Many of the graves you encounter on the path are rather worn down, making them hard to read. None of them seem very interesting anyway, as most of them only listing faint names or dates, not revealing anything familiar or impressive. After about twenty minutes of casual wandering, you find the sun has set quite a ways, casting a spell of darkness over your surroundings. In the twilight, you have some trouble knowing where you’re going, but you press forward regardless. In the distance, you notice a fairly large structure. What appears to be some fire glows from the structure’s entrance, drawing you near. You find it to be a mausoleum, though it’s not a terribly big one. The structure is circular and made of marble, standing about ten feet tall. Two steel barred doors stand at its entrance, with two lit torches flanking it. You wonder why the torches are lit, considering the Graveyard seems otherwise abandoned. You look around, but fail to spot anyone. Your Geodude seems to be getting nervous again, prompting you to move along.

You turn around, deciding to go back the way you came, when suddenly -
“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

From within the crypt, you hear a high-pitched shriek. Geodude is startled, jumping into the air and nearly knocking you down as he clings to your leg again. Mysteriously, the gate also swings open, beckoning you into the dark of the mausoleum. You look towards your Geodude, who is quite literally quaking at your feet, looking in no shape to enter the tomb, but the high-pitched shriek still seems to be echoing within the cavern forces you to reconsider. Though it’s dark, the two torches might allow you to proceed.

What will you do?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #336
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Arcane Realm

A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

Shivering for the umpteenth time, Pest wrapped her coat more tightly around herself. It felt as though her circulation were being cut off, but that was almost a price she would gladly pay in this desolate place. Not for the first time, she wished she had brought her fur-lined winter coat from home. Apparently her resistance to the cold wasn't as great as she'd so naively supposed.

"Vee?" An inquisitive bark and a nudge against her leg made her realize that she had stopped in place. Shaking herself out of her gloomy thoughts, she reached down and picked up her adorable Eevee, Pax, whose bushy fur made the freezing temperature a mere nuisance.

"Yeah, I'm okay," she said, guessing the Eevee's concerned question. Placing the Pokémon on her shoulder, she smiled and ruffled her ears with mitten-covered fingers. "What about you though? Bet you're getting pretty tired now, huh?"

Pax growled happily, confirming that she was far from exhausted.

"Well I know I am." She began to trek through the snow once more, feet dragging through its thickness. "We do need to find shelter in a cave or something though. I doubt we want to be a couple of flash-frozen bodies by tomorrow morning ..."

Last edited by Pest; 06-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #337
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
Hello, folks! Shaking off the layers of rust, I'm here to alleviate some of the burden the other updators are facing. I haven't been doing this for quite some time, but I hope you'll have a fun and enriching experience all the same. As a reminder, please include a link to your profile when replying, either in your signature or your post.

Jolteonjak
Apprehension and excitement dance inside as you make your way into the grounds of the Graveyard, in anticipation of an adventure of equal parts in intrigue and horror. Accompanying you is your Accelgor, no stranger to the newfound speed he gained as a result of evolution, and while you're still not quite used to it as he is, you're thankful for his presence. With his papery bindings flickering quietly and his stalwart glances, he makes for a reasonably effective guard considering the circumstances the both of you are walking into. A constant concern cloaks your mind; what if you were jumped by some sinister spirit, angry at your uninvited intrusion?

It is this combination of thoughts and emotion that keeps you on edge as you trudge across the pebble-paved pathways, amidst the crumbling slabs in various states of disrepair. You are able to make out some of the names and epitaphs left behind. Pokémon nicknames, well-wishes, arbitrary numbers briefly register in your sight as you pass them by, alongside other stones that have long side faded and broken after years of neglect. The quietude is almost staggering to behold, and it isn't long until you wonder if you wouldn't rather something jump out in front of you - anything to break the morbid monotony.

"...Cel!"

You briefly jump, startled by the tug on your shoulder by Accelgor, having almost forgotten about his hovering about. Like a hawk poised on your shoulder, he gestures his freely floating wraps towards your two o'clock direction. Through the wisps of graveyard mist, you spot the figure of a woman dressed in formal clothes - long sleeves and a flowing gown, giving her a rather regal look, paired with brown hair ending just above her neck. This isn't what gets your attention, though; what raises your eyebrow is the way she seems to silently glide over the path intersecting yours at a crossroads, quietly but surely moving away. You blink a few times - surely no human could possibly move this way? But on another hand, you're quite certain that she's much too solid-looking to be a ghost. Or is she?

What will you do?
While Chad examined some of the gravestones, he became increasingly aware of the quiet surrounding him. He could almost feel that something was about the happen, but it was just a matter of when. As he moved on to the next gravestone, he suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. Chad thought he would jump out of his skin.

“Geez Louise, Accelgor!” Chad exclaimed. Once his heart's racing slowed up he was able to concentrate on the reason Accelgor had tapped his shoulder. Following Accelgor's signal, he looked over to his right; and he saw it. Through the fog he could see a figure, a human-like figure. Further inspection showed the figure was a woman.

Chad began to approach the woman; and as he got closer, he began to make out some features about the woman. She was in a dress, flowing freely in the air. Her hair was styled in such a way that she seemed to be royal or very wealthy. The most surprising apsect of this encounter, though, was that this woman appeared to hover and glide over the path. She even glided past Chad and Accelgor.

“Accelgor,” Chad whispered after she passed him. “Did you see that?” still whispering. “I-I don't think she had legs.” Chad was both surprised and scared at the same time.

“Gor,” Accelgor responded with his usual serious tone.

“What do you think? Want to follow her?” Chad looked at Accelgor to see if he could gauge his reaction.

“Acc cel,” he answered nodding. Almost immediately afterwards, he streaked away.

“Alright,” Chad said softly. “Try not to get too far ahead of me.” Chad turned to follow the seemingly-floating woman. He walked slowly and did his best to be quiet, so he didn't attract her attention.

Stats
Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #338
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Hello folks! It's been quite a long time since I've updated anything, but I'm glad to be getting back into it. The AR has long been something I've wanted to try and I hope you enjoy my adventures. I will warn you - I'm a little rusty - but I hope that I can provide you with quality and memorable first adventures.

Tyoyo3131: Though I won’t require you to rewrite it, be aware that in the future, opening posts should be a little more detailed and give your updater a little more to work with. First posts are your opportunity to RP a little more freely than replies and give a bit of background on your character to help your updater create an adventure that fits best. Of course, you must be careful not to self-update, but a little bit of detail won’t hurt.
Eager to get exploring in this mysterious realm, you find yourself and your Geodude wandering into the Graveyard. Your rocky companion seems rather hesitant to enter the spooky, foggy area. With the sun just now setting and clouds rolling in, the haunting ambiance only seems to grow even more spooky, causing your Geodude to protest further. The tough-looking Rock-type snags your pants leg, looking rather displeased and hindering your movement quite a bit with his significant bulk. You try your best to calm Geodude down, making an attempt to pry him off your leg. It takes some convincing, but you manage to get him to release his grip. Still looking nervous, he follows you very closely as you begin to explore a little further. Many of the graves you encounter on the path are rather worn down, making them hard to read. None of them seem very interesting anyway, as most of them only listing faint names or dates, not revealing anything familiar or impressive. After about twenty minutes of casual wandering, you find the sun has set quite a ways, casting a spell of darkness over your surroundings. In the twilight, you have some trouble knowing where you’re going, but you press forward regardless. In the distance, you notice a fairly large structure. What appears to be some fire glows from the structure’s entrance, drawing you near. You find it to be a mausoleum, though it’s not a terribly big one. The structure is circular and made of marble, standing about ten feet tall. Two steel barred doors stand at its entrance, with two lit torches flanking it. You wonder why the torches are lit, considering the Graveyard seems otherwise abandoned. You look around, but fail to spot anyone. Your Geodude seems to be getting nervous again, prompting you to move along.

You turn around, deciding to go back the way you came, when suddenly -
“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

From within the crypt, you hear a high-pitched shriek. Geodude is startled, jumping into the air and nearly knocking you down as he clings to your leg again. Mysteriously, the gate also swings open, beckoning you into the dark of the mausoleum. You look towards your Geodude, who is quite literally quaking at your feet, looking in no shape to enter the tomb, but the high-pitched shriek still seems to be echoing within the cavern forces you to reconsider. Though it’s dark, the two torches might allow you to proceed.

What will you do?
OOC: Thanks Jeri, I'm just a bit afraid to self update. Thanks for picking me up!

Continuing through the final resting place of many, James begins walking as his rocky friend watches around him carefully, slowly becoming unsettled by the approaching darkness and the haunting clouds blotting out the sky. Not wanting to be perceived as a weak, he puts on a brave face, which only lasts for a few seconds. Terrified of the great beyond, the unnamed Geodude jumps onto James' leg, gripping it with all of his rocky might- which is quite a bit. James is forced to kneel, and his leg trembles thanks to the spooked geode.

"C'mon, mate. It's not that bad. Just a few rotting corpses, right?" James says, patting his companion on the head. Geodude looks up at his trainer, shakes his head, and only tightens his grip. "Ack- Yeah, okay, you're scared. I see. But I'm pretty sure any ghost would be afraid of you, considering the fact that you've almost crushed my shin." Geodude loosens his grip a bit, and looks up sheepishly, unsure of his own strength. James gives him a pat on the head and stands up, letting Geodude hop off and continue walking on his knuckles. His fears are still there, but with renewed confidence, he pushes on. "So, let's keep moving, shall we?"

The duo keeps moving, as James has said, passing by graves of the many dead. All of them together makes James unsettled; for all he knew, he would be the next in line to go 6 feet down. Geodude led the way; his eyes were closed, but he didn't want his trainer to think any less of him. His hands were able to feel the land, and he could sense the tremors through the ground of James' footsteps. He felt him begin to divet to the right slightly, and his rocky eyelids opened to see a faint white structure, with fire at the mouth, welcoming the people to investigate. He began following James now, and the two shortly reached the building.

"Looks like a crypt. And judging from the fire, it's been used recently... but who did?" James asked to nobody in particular. The stone Pokemon was only unsettled by his words, and turned around, looking out for the lighters of the torches. The scream which came from the crypt was only made more terrifying, and Geodude turned around and snapped over to James' leg. "Let's hope that this doesn't become a thing. I can only fear what will happen when you evolve." The gates slowly creak open, inviting James into the darkness. Geodude slowly relaxes his grip, lets out a deep breath, and stands up. "Ready?" James asks, and his companion nods. The boy snatches a torch from the wall, and raised it forward. "Onwards!" James jokes, and the two walk down the solid walls of the mausoleum.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #339
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Jolteonjak
You're not quite sure what to make of this new encounter. At worst you could be witnessing a grudge-driven, malicious spectre making its rounds, or find yourself dragged into a centuries-long feud. Still, the protection of your Accelgor is reasonable assurance, and you begin tailing the woman with the ephemeral appearance.

Under the watchful eyes of Accelgor, you try your best to make as little noise as possible; not an easy task to be made under pressure without natural instincts or practice. If anything, the woman you are following is being considerately cooperative, merely moving ahead with little deviation aside from the slight turn to walk along other paths. Accelgor keeps you in check, preventing you from being detected, but you can't help but feel uneasy. Theories start flying in your mind, what if the woman is bait for something far more sinister?

"...!"

A sudden jerk at your shoulder pulls you back, and it takes you a split second to realise why. A harsh hissing splits the miserable air, and your mystery lady stops in her tracks. You peek out from behind her as the curved silhouette of a bristling beast appears out of the darkened gloom; whiskers flickering angrily and swishing tail looking sharp enough to slice your throat if it so inclined. "...No!" A strangled, panicked gasp is heard, distinctly female at that. "Please, no! Don't come any closer!"

"Shhhhhhhk!" Indicating its predatorial objectives, the Liepard edges closer to the strange woman, who can only shuffle helplessly backwards. You wonder whether flight or fight might be the wiser choice of action when fear drives the woman into accelerating her escape, unfortunately causing her to trip over her dress thanks to its sheer velvety volume. Accelgor manages to dodge, but you don't - resulting in you colliding with a surprisingly solid mass of fabric and human. You scramble to pick yourself up, somewhat confusedly, though it doesn't seem that your stranger isn't a formless spectre.

"No! It's coming!" the woman screams, as the Cruel Pokémon continues to advance; she casts a fearful, imploring look at you. It's obvious that she is far from capable of defending herself, and unless you do something you'll all fall victim.

What will you do?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #340
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:

blazeVA: While there is no doubt in the world this kid needs to be taught a very valuable lesson your heart sinks as you watch Lemon Drop allow her emotions to take control. She charges Corphish without taking the time to await your instructions or even to really think about the attack she is using. "Well don't think this is gunna be four," the boy growls. "You know what to do Corphish, so do it!" he yells, the Ruffian Pokémon immediately dropping to its belly to evade Lemon Drop's attack. As her fist goes sailing somewhere over top of Corphish's head, her Sky Uppercut missing it by a mile, Corphish reaches out and clamps onto her leg with a Vice-like grip that has her falling face first into the dirt. The boy roars with laughter while Lemon Drop spits out soil and grass. "Oooooh, I'm so scared of you little bunny rabbit!" he taunts, adding insult to injury. "You gotta do better than that if you want a shot at me!" His comments only serve to spur Lemon Drop on however, for while she realises that she did act impulsively she also knows her next attack is going to pack one hell of a punch. Although Corphish is squeezing the life out of her she has it exactly where she wants it and unleashes a massive Thunderbolt at point-blank range, the electricity coursing through Corphish and frying every nerve ending in it's body to the extreme. It flops onto its back, its little legs curling up in agony, every muscle seized up to make movement next to impossible. Corphish is in a world of hurt at the moment and while it lays there defenseless its trainer begins raging, "You useless piece of shit! How dare you let that thing beat you! What kind of Pokémon are you?! USELESS! THAT'S WHAT!!!" Lemon Drop barely has a chance to rejoice in her victory however, as at that moment the boy's long since forgotten Mareep appears in front of its trainer, prepared to protect him at all costs...

Blaze knew that Lemon Drop was in a fury, and he knew that letting one's anger get a hold of you could result in...bad things. He tried to keep his anger in check, trying not to get too angry and the boy who obviously was a little cretin. 'Calm yourself Blaze. No point doing something you might regret later on.' Lemon Drop charged at the Corphish, and the trainer only growls to himself before telling his Corphish that he knew what to do. As Lemon Drop came in with the Sky Uppercut, the Corphish flattened itself against the ground, causing Lemon Drop's attack to miss completely. The Corphish then quickly grips Lemon Drop's leg with the power of a vice, and she screams in pain as she falls to the ground, the crawfish keeping a solid grip on her. The words of the Pokedex going through his mind, "It never lets go of its prey." Blaze got worried about if Lemon Drop was going to be able to release herself out of the Corphish's grip, because it could cause some damage if she wasn't able to. Some real damage.

The kid just chuckled and laughed about how Lemon Drop was never going to be able to beat him, and Blaze seriously doubted for the kid's safety. If he kept this up, Lemon Drop might just kill him. And Blaze did not want anybody else's blood on his hands. Not that he ever wanted to think about that again, though it was just a hazy memory at this point. Part of the brain putting a memory under lock and chain. Lemon Drop was absolutely in a battle rage now, and she only smiled at the Corphish as her ears flopped in front of her face...as a spark of electricity jumped between her two ears. Lemon Drop hoped that Corphish only had enough time to release what a big mistake that was before she gave him a point-blank Thunderbolt. Blaze could only watch in awe as the two Pokemon suddenly became the source of a massive amount of life, a ball of electricity that popped and crackled furiously. Blaze wondered what was happening, but soon the Thunderbolt stopped its near nuke-like effect and Blaze saw that the Corphish had released Lemon Drop and was on its back, scorched and twitching furiously. Lemon Drop had secured a fierce OHKO on the Corphish, and his trainer was furious. "You useless piece of shit! How dare you let that thing beat you! What kind of Pokémon are you?! USELESS! THAT'S WHAT!!!"

'OMG HE'S DEAD SO DEAD SO DEAD SO DEAD.' This trainer was the embodiment of everything Blaze was disgusted with. He was angry at him, but he was trying to keep it under control, so he didn't immediately react to it. Lemon Drop was showing no signs of self-control, however, and upon hearing this, she immediately turned her rage on the kid. She charged at him, but his Mareep got in between her and its trainer. The Mareep was prepared to protect its trainer at any cost, and Lemon Drop was so mad, it was the type of anger that turned predatory. She stopped running, and glared at the Mareep. Blaze wondered what she was doing, when he realized that she was waiting for him to tell her what to do. Blaze needed her calm. This angry, and Lemon Drop could end up seriously hurting the kid, and if Blaze could convince the kid to leave, no more fighting would have to continue. "Lemon Drop! Please, you have to calm down. His Corphish is down, you can stop now." Lemon Drop gasped, and looked at Blaze with a look of endearment. "What are you going to do? Let this slimeball go? He nearly kills a mother Swellow, attacks and captures the helpless Tailow from their nests, insults me, and then calls his Pokemon worthless, like they are tools! This slimebag needs to pay! And anyone who gets in my way!" She directed this last remark at the Mareep blocking her path. If this Mareep was as weak as the Corphish before it, Blaze knew she could sweep it aside.

"No, Lemon Drop. You can't do this. What would Marche say? Or Surgei? They wouldn't approve of this, and neither do I. I let my anger speak for me earlier, but now I am thinking with a level head. This kid reminds me of someone I read about, pretty much a perfect picture except for the lack of blue hair. And if that is true...?" Blaze turned towards the trainer. "Listen, kid. Your Corphish is down. And if you don't stop, your Mareep is going to be as well. Leave now, go away, and leave this family alone. And if you even think about fighting back, I have more powerful Pokemon than my Lopunny. Pokemon that would be a nightmare for you. So take my advice, scram. If I see your face again, and you haven't changed, I won't be as kind to you again."

Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #341
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Jolteonjak
You're not quite sure what to make of this new encounter. At worst you could be witnessing a grudge-driven, malicious spectre making its rounds, or find yourself dragged into a centuries-long feud. Still, the protection of your Accelgor is reasonable assurance, and you begin tailing the woman with the ephemeral appearance.

Under the watchful eyes of Accelgor, you try your best to make as little noise as possible; not an easy task to be made under pressure without natural instincts or practice. If anything, the woman you are following is being considerately cooperative, merely moving ahead with little deviation aside from the slight turn to walk along other paths. Accelgor keeps you in check, preventing you from being detected, but you can't help but feel uneasy. Theories start flying in your mind, what if the woman is bait for something far more sinister?

"...!"

A sudden jerk at your shoulder pulls you back, and it takes you a split second to realize why. A harsh hissing splits the miserable air, and your mystery lady stops in her tracks. You peek out from behind her as the curved silhouette of a bristling beast appears out of the darkened gloom; whiskers flickering angrily and swishing tail looking sharp enough to slice your throat if it so inclined. "...No!" A strangled, panicked gasp is heard, distinctly female at that. "Please, no! Don't come any closer!"

"Shhhhhhhk!" Indicating its predatorial objectives, the Liepard edges closer to the strange woman, who can only shuffle helplessly backwards. You wonder whether flight or fight might be the wiser choice of action when fear drives the woman into accelerating her escape, unfortunately causing her to trip over her dress thanks to its sheer velvety volume. Accelgor manages to dodge, but you don't - resulting in you colliding with a surprisingly solid mass of fabric and human. You scramble to pick yourself up, somewhat confusedly, though it doesn't seem that your stranger isn't a formless spectre.

"No! It's coming!" the woman screams, as the Cruel Pokémon continues to advance; she casts a fearful, imploring look at you. It's obvious that she is far from capable of defending herself, and unless you do something you'll all fall victim.

What will you do?

As Chad followed the woman, thoughts began to enter his mind of just who she was. Why was she dressed the way she was? Other thoughts entered his mind as Accelgor streaked around him keeping him company as well as guarding him.

The woman walked effortlessly through the graveyard. She seemed like she knew exactly where she’s going, because she hardly ever strayed from the path she took. All of a sudden, Chad felt Accelgor tug at him. He couldn’t see anything, but he could surely hear a loud, angry hissing, which also caused the woman to stop in her footsteps. Chad wondered why, so he tried to get a look at what stopped her. All he could see was whiskers and a seemingly sharp tail. The woman shrieked at the sight of this creature. It slowly approached the woman.

“Is that a Pokémon?” Chad asked. Secretly he had hoped Accelgor or the woman would answer, but when no one did, he scanned it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Liepard. The Cruel Pokémon. Stealthily, Liepard sneak up on their target, striking from behind before the victim has a chance to react. Many trainers are drawn to their beautiful form and fur.
”A Liepard, huh?” Chad had to think quickly, because the Liepard got closer to the woman causing her to stumble backwards. Naturally, Accelgor was able to get away, but Chad didn’t. She ended up falling on him. “Wait, you’re a real person?” Chad asked shocked and confused.

Liepard prepared to attack the woman as Chad got to his feet. The woman panicked, and it became obvious to Chad that she didn’t have any Pokémon to defend her. “Accelgor, time to show off your new skills!” Chad yelled out for the Shell Out Pokémon. “Liepard is luckily a Dark Type, so you should have some kind of advantage.”

Accelgor appeared suddenly on a tombstone, not too far from Chad and the woman. The Liepard began its attack, charging at the woman. “Accelgor, throw down a layer of spikes between Liepard and us! Then fire a signal beam at it if the Spikes don’t stop it.”
Old 06-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #342
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I'd like to welcome Pest into my group! I hope you enjoy.

Tyoyo3131: Deciding to proceed, you and Geodude enter the mausoleum’s maw, taking a torch with you to light the way. Only a few steps past the entrance, you notice that the path quickly gives way to a series of stone steps. Very carefully, you begin to descend. In the faint light provided by the torch, you notice the details on the walls and steps. It seems this crypt is made entirely from marble, every surface a pearly, though dusty, white. It creates a strangely cold and haunting atmosphere but makes you further curious as to the origin of this tomb and whose remains it held. After descending what seemed like two hundred steps, the floor finally levels, leading into a passage that is just long enough to obscure what is up ahead. On this landing, you pause for a second to catch your breath and reorient yourself, as well as make sure your Geodude hasn’t fled the other way just yet. Though you can’t quite see from this point, you do notices a little glint in the distance, hinting at some sort of metal structure just ahead. You also notice a sound you didn’t hear before… it seems like faint sobbing. Hesitantly, you keep walking towards the noise, only to come across the source of the glint: another set of steel barred gates. Just beyond them you notice where the sobbing is coming from. In the center of the next room, you see a little girl in a blue dress curled up, a tiny Pachirisu trying to comfort her. You call to the girl, but she jumps at the sound of your voice, letting out a little yelp. You are quick to calm her and explain that you came down looking for who was screaming, The little girl stands and turns towards you, drying her tears on her sleeve. Her lip still quivering, she begins to speak in a meek and stuttering voice.

“I-I was just chasing a Buneary around and s-she ran into the Graveyard b-but it was s-still daytime so I k-k-kept chasing her and then she r-ran into the scary building a-and I was scared so I wanted to t-turn around but Nutty followed after her and I c-couldn’t leave Nutty behind so I h-had to chase her too but when I got d-down here the gates c-closed and I couldn’t open them and then I heard a bunch of s-scary noises and got stuck.”

The girl was clearly still quite distraught, but seemed to have calmed down with you here. Her little Pachirisu also looked a little frightened, but was happy to see someone here to help. Hoping to calm her more, you ask the girl’s name.

“I’m Marie and this is Nutty.” The Pachirisu squeaks, clinging to her dress’s fringe.

You tell her that you’re going to help, surveying the metal bars. The gate seems much like the one barring off the entrance, but it looks somewhat less ornate and a little less sturdy. They look tough, but it’s nothing Geodude couldn’t handle.

What will you do?

Pest: Somewhat regretting your choice of outfit for the chilly slopes of the Silvertone Ranges, you find yourself and your Eevee somewhat stranded in the snowy drifts. With dusk swiftly approaching and no desire to become popsicles overnight, you actively begin to seek shelter, hoping to take advantages of one of those caves or abandoned mine shafts that supposedly pepper the mountains. You slog through the deep snow, shivering all the way, and finally manage to spot an opening on the side of a cliff – and just in time too – as the sun is only half an hour away from setting, bringing on the fearsome Pokémon and even more fearsome drop in temperature that accompanies it. You hurry into the cave, desperate to seek shelter. Once inside, you take a moment to rest, swinging off your pack and slumping against the wall. Huddled against a surprisingly warm snowbank and your fluffy Eevee, you fall asleep before you can even think twice.

It seems like not even a moment passes before something rouses you from your exhausted sleep. You look around, but can’t seem to figure out just what woke you up. Unsure how much time has passed, you peer outside for a clue, but the sky still dark. At most, only an hour or so seems to have passed, and it has only gotten colder outside, motivating you to proceed further into the cave. You gather up your things and your Eevee, who had fallen asleep herself, and move slowly into the darkness. After only a few steps, however, you hear what undoubtedly woke you up. A deep grumble echoes through the cave, followed by a high pitched squeak. This second set of sounds startles your sleeping Eevee awake, who jumps in your arms and begins to shake and shiver, likely from a combination of the cold and surprise. It seems you’re not alone in this sheltering cave…

What will you do?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #343
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post

Pest: Somewhat regretting your choice of outfit for the chilly slopes of the Silvertone Ranges, you find yourself and your Eevee somewhat stranded in the snowy drifts. With dusk swiftly approaching and no desire to become popsicles overnight, you actively begin to seek shelter, hoping to take advantages of one of those caves or abandoned mine shafts that supposedly pepper the mountains. You slog through the deep snow, shivering all the way, and finally manage to spot an opening on the side of a cliff – and just in time too – as the sun is only half an hour away from setting, bringing on the fearsome Pokémon and even more fearsome drop in temperature that accompanies it. You hurry into the cave, desperate to seek shelter. Once inside, you take a moment to rest, swinging off your pack and slumping against the wall. Huddled against a surprisingly warm snowbank and your fluffy Eevee, you fall asleep before you can even think twice.

It seems like not even a moment passes before something rouses you from your exhausted sleep. You look around, but can’t seem to figure out just what woke you up. Unsure how much time has passed, you peer outside for a clue, but the sky still dark. At most, only an hour or so seems to have passed, and it has only gotten colder outside, motivating you to proceed further into the cave. You gather up your things and your Eevee, who had fallen asleep herself, and move slowly into the darkness. After only a few steps, however, you hear what undoubtedly woke you up. A deep grumble echoes through the cave, followed by a high pitched squeak. This second set of sounds startles your sleeping Eevee awake, who jumps in your arms and begins to shake and shiver, likely from a combination of the cold and surprise. It seems you’re not alone in this sheltering cave…

What will you do?

Lights ... sounds ... colors ... strange images plagued Pest's brief dreams as she fitfully slept. True, they were far from lengthy, but the long trek through the ice and snow made her slumber unpleasant to say the least. Perhaps it was a simple vision of the Aurora Borealis that had replayed itself in her mind constantly since the moment she had heard of the Silverton Ranges. Perhaps it was thoughts turned visible, gnawing at her sanity with the help of her regretted decision. The frozen earth itself roared in her nightmare, and impossibly tall beings made of black ice stalked towards her with scrapings so shrill that upon first hearing them her tortured ears immediately could bear it no longer.

With a start her eyes flew open, and breathing rapidly she took a glance outside. Still dark, she noted with worry, and still freezing cold. The snowbank's insulation and Pax's warm fur might not be enough to keep her body temperature at a safe level, although an automatic check on her hands proved that they were still a mottled purple rather than a dangerous blue. Shivering from more than the cold, she gathered up her pack and pulled Pax into her arms, scooting awkwardly towards the far end of the cave.

A sudden rumbling made her freeze, reminding her of her unsettling dreams. The grumble was quickly answered by a hair-raising squeak that seemed to her more like a scream, and chills ran up her spine as the laughter of mad gods echoed hauntingly in her mind. Pax jolted awake in her arms, ears perked at the unexpected sound as she gazed anxiously into what seemed to be the vast mouth of a ravenous abyss.

This is stupid, Pest told herself. It's just one Pokémon attacking another, unless it's a mother and her young ... She swallowed hard; the idea of facing a protective Beartic or Aggron did not assuage her fears in the slightest. She reached back into her pack, clasping the familiar form of her flashlight in her trembling hand.

"Okay Pax," she whispered to her Eevee, pulling out the flashlight. "We might as well see who or what this is; otherwise we're not getting another wink of sleep tonight, and you know how that'll turn out. I'll make this dim and turn it on, okay? You should Work Up while I do, just in case." Her fingers fumbled for a moment before they found the brightness switch of the flashlight, flipping it to its lowest setting. Hopefully it wouldn't startle anything aggressive now. Pax leapt nimbly to the floor beside her, preparing to enter her little war dance. "If they're hostile, use a Swift. If it's a mom and cub, don't do anything that might seem threatening."

Pax considered the contradictory situations. Wouldn't a mother Pokémon be automatically hostile anyway? Still, she prepared herself to act on a moment's notice, ready to end the potential conflict between predator and prey if need be.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #344
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Jolteonjak
Even in her state of panic, the woman casts you a disturbed look at the suggestion that she might not be human. Unfortunately for the lot of you, you're all very attractive-looking prey to your feline enemy, who straightens its tail in a sudden flourish. Catching onto this, Accelgor acts upon your orders, spinning like a torpedo as Spikes begin flying everywhere. You and the woman quickly backpedal before the toughened shards can land a few dings and dents on you, but Liepard isn't so lucky. A few of the sharpened projectiles scatter over its face, forcing it to close its eyes out of reflexes, throwing off the aim of its Pursuit. This sends it crashing to the ground, but not before it extends its forelegs to catch itself, preventing it from skidding into the mass of spikes littered ahead of it.

"Paaaaard!" it angrily spits, furious at your Bug-type's intervention of its quick kill. Accelgor wastes no time, focusing energy in its puckered mouth and launching a multicoloured blast of Signal Beam, scoring a hit across Liepard's face. Instinctively rubbing its sore cheek, Liepard snarls at all of you before raking its claws across the ground. A rattling sound is heard, and you feel the sensation of dirt hitting you on your nose, forcing you to raise your arms in self-defence. There's plenty of sediment around to add to Leipard's Sand-Attack, and as Accelgor tries his best to bat at the particles with his bandages, it's an annoying technique that has proved its effectiveness. You might not have taken damage yet, but that could very well change in a matter of seconds...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #345
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Jolteonjak
Even in her state of panic, the woman casts you a disturbed look at the suggestion that she might not be human. Unfortunately for the lot of you, you're all very attractive-looking prey to your feline enemy, who straightens its tail in a sudden flourish. Catching onto this, Accelgor acts upon your orders, spinning like a torpedo as Spikes begin flying everywhere. You and the woman quickly backpedal before the toughened shards can land a few dings and dents on you, but Liepard isn't so lucky. A few of the sharpened projectiles scatter over its face, forcing it to close its eyes out of reflexes, throwing off the aim of its Pursuit. This sends it crashing to the ground, but not before it extends its forelegs to catch itself, preventing it from skidding into the mass of spikes littered ahead of it.

"Paaaaard!" it angrily spits, furious at your Bug-type's intervention of its quick kill. Accelgor wastes no time, focusing energy in its puckered mouth and launching a multicoloured blast of Signal Beam, scoring a hit across Liepard's face. Instinctively rubbing its sore cheek, Liepard snarls at all of you before raking its claws across the ground. A rattling sound is heard, and you feel the sensation of dirt hitting you on your nose, forcing you to raise your arms in self-defence. There's plenty of sediment around to add to Leipard's Sand-Attack, and as Accelgor tries his best to bat at the particles with his bandages, it's an annoying technique that has proved its effectiveness. You might not have taken damage yet, but that could very well change in a matter of seconds...

Chad watched intently as Accelgor began his very first battle. The woman was clearly worried. So far Accelgor seemed to be battling well. The Spikes he started off with were successful in injuring the Liepard, and they even prevented an attack from the feline at the same time. As quickly as the Spikes flew through the air, Accelgor followed up with a super effective Signal Beam to Liepard’s face. This left Liepard spitting mad, and it wanted them to know. It sprayed a massive Sand Attack at everyone nearby. Fortunately for Chad and the woman, they were able to shield their eyes in time, so there was no lasting effects. Unfortunately for Accelgor, he did get some sand in his eyes, thus lowering his accuracy.

With Accelgor distracted by the Sand Attack, Chad knew Liepard would try something big. He had to think of a way to help out. Looking around, he couldn’t see anything in the immediate area that could help short of throwing a tombstone at Liepard. He thought better of that idea since it would be highly disrespectful. “Accelgor don’t rub your eyes too much,” Chad called to the Shell Out Pokémon. “It’ll make things worse!” He had to think of something. With his accuracy lowered, Accelgor couldn’t rely on long range attacks, which could easily be dodged. He would need to engage in hand-to-hand combat, so to speak. “Accelgor, use Struggle Bug to draw Liepard in, hopefully. Then when Liepard is in close proximity, use Quick Attack.”

Chad watched Accelgor attempting to carry out his new battle orders. Without taking his eyes off the battle for too long, he quickly glanced over at the woman. “I don’t mean to be rude, but this is my Accelgor’s first battle,” Chad started to say to her. “I want to see how he does. My name is Chad, by the way. What’s yours?”

Stats
Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #346
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
OOC: It's about time I posted an intro here. I would love to use this opportunity for character development and to improve my RPing in any way I can.

Charm slowly paces towards the Graveyard, gloomily looking towards each grave he passes by. He thinks of the trainers who have lost their Pokemon, and then proceeds towards one particular grave.

He takes a deep breath, then glances at Apollo to his left, the Combusken donning a mask of sadness that even Charm's couldn't compare to, an unusual look for a usually jolly and composed Combusken. Charm turns back to the grave and reads: "R.I.P. AnnaSun the Blaziken." A tear slowly slips down his cheek, coming to the realization that Apollo's mother recently passed away. The memories of his mother's Blaziken rushes through his brain; Apollo getting scolded by a worried Anna for setting a patch of farmland on fire while Charm's mother simultaneously scolded him for ordering such a thing, all the family get-togethers in their farms where the Pokemon and children would run around and Anna would worry endlessly for Apollo and Charm to stay safe, and most importantly, the day Anna gave birth to the Torchic who would one day become his best friend.

He looks back to Apollo, thinking of how horrible the Combusken must feel for not being there with his mother in her final moments. He coughes back a few tears, before resting a hand on his partner's shoulder to comfort him. "She's in a better place now," he sighes, handing Apollo a rose. The Young Fowl Pokemon gives a slow nod, "-busken..." he responds, before stepping forward and placing the rose in front of his dear mother's grave. The duo give their final respects to the fallen Blaziken, taking a final moment of silence before setting out to pay their respects to the other resting Pokemon in the Graveyard.

Last edited by Charminions; 06-14-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #347
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Jolteonjak
All things considered, you try your best to make sure everything is under control... as far as you can manage things in Accelgor's maiden battle. The other maiden in question's expression briefly flits with a reflexive glance of "Is this really the time?", but nonetheless she forces a smile through her panic as she struggles with her dress in getting up. "I... I'm Olivia. Olivia Mendelssohn. Charmed, Master Chad," she greets you as the both of you get to your feet. "I'm thankful for your intervention; it has been a long time since I encountered Pokémon, and I'm afraid I possess no such skills in self-defence." You're assured, at least, that your call to trail Olivia wasn't made in error - what might have happened if you had chose otherwise? You're not too keen on dwelling on that prospect.

"Aaaaccel!" Briskly shaking his head, Accelgor proceeds with your next order, launching a shockwave of insectoid-inspired energy. The Struggle Bug wave screams into Liepard, stunning it momentarily - but the somewhat weak attack isn't enough to throw it off askew completely. Not quite able to see, Accelgor charges ahead with its Quick Attack, but your heart sinks as things start taking a sudden turn for the worse. No sooner than Accelgor bats against Liepard's forehead, the Cruel cat lashes at it with an outstretched claw, striking across the ninja bug's face. This isn't the end of the move, either; to your horror the Liepard brings back its other forelimb and tears at Accelgor, quickly chaining into an alternation between paws. The Fury Swipes is proving painfully effective, and unless you pull off something big, Accelgor isn't going to walk away from this easy.

What will you do?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #348
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Just one update today...

Pest: Ordering your Eevee to be on the ready, you hesitantly proceed into the cave. Pax gets himself Worked Up as you go, shaking slightly in your arms from a mix of excitement and fright (and perhaps a little bit of cold). You hide your tension well enough, but as you go into the dark, it becomes harder to hide. For what seems like quite a while, the only thing you spot is your breath, until you freeze in place, your flashlight catching a glint of light. You quickly sweep your flashlight upwards, meeting the bearded maw of a Beartic. The beast gives a roar, causing you to back away, but Pax, with excitement coursing through his veins, is not put off, and immediately launches a Swift. The stars batter the Ice-type, spooking it more than injuring it. Thankfully, your sudden appearance with a light and attack is enough to drive it away, disappearing into the depths of the cave. You take a deep breath, briefly thanking your lucky stars.

Just as the Beartic backs off, you hear the cry again, this time very close by. You sweep your flashlight about, searching for the source. On the ground, you notice two small pine-shaped creatures, one lying on the hard stone ground, the other worriedly lingering over it. Both of the Pokémon cower as you shine your light on them, clearly scared by the Beartic and even more by your vanquishing. A quick check of the Pokédex tells you their identity; the Snover are rather frightened of you, however. From a distance, you try to get a good look at the pair of them. The one on the ground has a sizable gash across its chest, looking rather injured. The other Snover looks very concerned, and not in terribly good shape either. Both Pokémon seem rather timid but do definitely need some help…

What will you do?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #349
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:

Kindrindra
With your Purrloin perched ambivalently on your shoulder, you squint against the glaring sunlight and gaze deeply into the landscape before you... which, after some pondering, doesn't take you too long. Impressive as the expanse of endless silica heaps is, there aren't any visible landmarks for you to make out, and you start to wonder if there's anything of note at all. Still, you get a move on by shuffling your way down the other side of the dune. No point in simply standing around and shrugging your shoulders, you rationalise.

Not too long afterwards, you begin wishing you'd picked a friendlier location for your adventure. Aside from the sun relentlessly beating down on you and Nihilia, the gusts of sand beating you in the face have you wincing in reflexive response. Despite her moodless mode, you feel a bristling on your shoulder every now and then. Clearly Nihilia is no more in agreement with the miniature sandstorms than you are. You take to raising your other arm to shield your nose and mouth, almost fearing that your complexion has been blasted raw by the particles of silica.

Some time later, and after passing by what you guess is the ninth sand dune, you begin feeling the physical exertion bogging you down. Making your way through the loosely packed ground isn't particularly pleasant or easy, and each step you take seems to require more effort than the last. It almost seems like you're pushing against the sand clogging your ankles, sinking into the... wait, sinking? The jarring thought in your head jolts you to your senses, and Nihilia has to extend her claws slightly to hang on as the realisation makes you jerk forward. Without your noticing you find that the sand has already gripped your ankles, slowing you down to a sluggish shuffle. As though sensing your sudden state of distress the sand suddenly gives way beneath your feet, caving into a sinkhole right before your eyes. You tip forward from the change in terrain, and Nihilia hops on your back before she risks falling off. Extending your hands, you break your fall and catch a fistful of loose particles, slipping between the gaps of your fingers as everything begins crumbling down to one singular point... a point with a round, orange spheroid poking out. Horror-struck, you see the orange object turn towards you, opening its pair of gleaming eyes and snapping its serrated jaws. Against the sounds of sand falling, the eager clack-clack-clack of Trapinch's teeth sound all the more ominous.

Under your weight and the crumbling foundation of the ground, your see your hands start to sink into the sand. If you don't do something soon, you might wind up the next main course on the antlion's menu...

What will you do?
((OOC: Thanks for picking me up, Shadow, and sorry for taking so long to get this typed up! ;^_^))

"May as well keep moving. There doesn't appear to be much of anything, or at least, that I can see from up here...", quickly noting something down into his notebook as he spoke, Kin pocketed the book before continuing to explore. Bouncing down from his position, he happily began to push on through the desert. The happiness was short-lived, though, as he soon found the sting of the relentless storms too strong to simply ignore, taking to try and shield himself from the wind and sand with his extensive sleeves. He quickly noticed that even Nihila couldn't pretend to lack discomfort in the face of the desert's most persistent of trials- sense abandoned him once more as he quickly noted this into his pocketbook, leaving himself open to the winds for precious seconds.

Continuing, he felt his energy ebb away until his bouncing walk had devolved into a weak slog, each step harder than the last.
"Well, someone had to do it..." Kin weakly muttered to himself, his gaze sliding to the ground as to lend his progress through the sand even the slightest edge... And that's when he saw it. His feet were in fact sinking into the sand, slowly enough that even he hadn't noticed until now. Lurching to a stop, Kin glances around to try and discern the cause of the dry quicksand, sharing a look with his shouldered companion before the world seems to fall away, the sands collapsing into a inverted cone before his eyes. A cold terror arises within as he catches sight of what awaits him at the bottom of the pit- a serrated pair of iron hard jaws, expectantly snapping in anticipation of it's next meal. Shaking his head to try and take stock of the situation, Kin quickly realized that he had lost his balance, and that Nihilia's weight had, thankfully, shifted to his back.

"...A sly plan, indeed... No doubt most prey walk to their death without even noticing their situation until it is far too late..." Kin turned his head to try and send his partner what he hoped was a reassuring smile. "Nature will run it's course, but we still have too much to live for to fall to this small mistake- Nihilia, if it's a snack he wants, let's give him one! Fire a barrage of Seed Bombs into his mouth- Let's see if we can slacken his hold on these sands!", turning back to his foe, Kin's fear gave way into an almost insane numbness as he allowed himself a small smile- He had set out to this desert partly to adapt himself to the trials he would no doubt face on his quest, and it seemed life had found his conviction worth testing. Well, he could only hope that this first lesson wouldn't be his last.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #350
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Kindrindra
The situation has certainly surprised you, but damned if you're content to simply let nature take its course - and bowing out at such an early phase in your adventuring career is definitely not a tempting way to go. Like a clockwork toy Trapinch continues clacking away in preparation for when you fall into its maw, but you and your Purrloin have other ideas. Hissing a spiteful spit Nihilia leaps off your back for momentum, gathering the energy needed in her mouth before flinging it in a swift flourish. The orbs of botanic power grow in size as they accelerate downwards, turning into a veritable Seed Bomb that explodes in a multicoloured hailstorm over Trapinch. The carpet-bombing approach appears to work as Trapinch clicks in pain, and against the flying sands you spot it trying to Flail out of its position. Nihilia expertly lands on your back as Trapinch frees itself, standing in the centre of its pit and looking at you with a glare that is anything but happy. Evidently it's not fond of food that bites back. You feel the sands around you start to slow down without Trapinch maintaining its Arena Trap, but with an angry Ground-type bug ahead of you and the gradient of the pit it looks like you're not getting out of this so easily...
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records