UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: big bad birtha's suggestion box 2: secret passions unveiled

Yes, Hosaka does climb a mountain by hand (with no ropes or anything, and with an entire aluminum cart with four dishes of food inside, to boot!), though I dunno if I'd say he climbed it expecting her to be up there. He climbs up on top and the first thing he says is, "Where is the Minami residence?" It's not like he was expecting it to be on the mountain; it's more like he made an exhaustive search of the entire town, and the last place he wound up (i.e. the least likely place, but the only place he'd not yet searched) was the mountaintop.

I voted for L just to be a "let's vote for popular characters" person (otherwise I'd have voted for "???" in that left column), but Alucard in the right column was easy. Although maybe I shouldn't say such things, having never watched Hellsing. Oh well. I voted, and that's that.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Off to get an early bed tonight, but just wanted to report in real quick (since I signed on especially for the purpose of checking torrent existences), it looks like Kaiji Episode 14's raw is out, so it should be no more than a week (hopefully ) before Triad gets their sub out. The good news is, it's aired.

Much to my excitement, Wolf & Spice's first episode has also aired. Again, it's still out in raw format only, but it shouldn't be long before somebody hungrily snatches it up for their project. It could be a dud, but many indicators are pointing to it being the next visual novel smash anime. So look forward to it, please. I know I will be.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #28
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

While I am just as eager to watch Wolf and Spice, the reactions seem rather luke-warm to the anime.

"Decent looking".
"Sorta boring".
"Main appeal here are the Code Geass character voices >3 ~kyaa".

>_>

I can't even hear the music or voices...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #29
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, even though I haven't said anything, I look forward to watching Wolf and Spice as well. I saw the OP for it, and it is made of pure win =D Some of my chat buddies have also seen the episode and loved it, so that adds to my curiosity.

Anyway, I have watched Hayate 37, 38 and 39. Since I haven't posted in here as frequently as I usually do, I will hit each episode separately.

Hayate no Gotoku 37- This episode was great. It reminded me of that episode of Ouran where everyone went to Haruhi's house. It was also one of the few episodes that kind of starred Hamster, so that's a plus, I guess. Anyway, this episode was really sweet, and this had some of the most adorable Nagi moments in Hayate. The pointless ending of the episode was pretty good as well.

Hayate no Gotoku 38- Yet another awesome episode. "Banana?" "I'm not sharing any with you." Princess God is the shiznit. I mean, who doesn't love a stupid disguise that looks like the mask of truth from Ocarina of Time (maybe he can talk to weird bouncing tablets =D) Anyway, that one butler was also awesome. I think it was a parody of Gaogaigar (or something like that.) He was funny. Anyway, great episode.

Hayate no Gotoku 39- Err.....is it just me, or was the episode animated differently? Don't worry, I'm not one of those people who bitch about imperfect animations, I was just curious. It looked like it was animated by Gainax (it would make sense, since it did have assloads of Gainax references.) Anyway, great episode =D Funny, touching, and awesome all in one package. I kind of thought that Hayate was getting a clue in this episode, but I was proved wrong at the end ;_;

Well, there we go. I have an awesome picture at the bottom of the post as well =D Err...I don't know if everyone else will find it as funny as I did, but whatever.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

wtf @ image attachment

I've seen it all in hentai, but armpit fetishism is (afaik) something I've either seen 0 times or 1 time before today. O_o
Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #31
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I don't think it's a serious fetish. I think it's more like a joke directed at Raymoo (as you can tell, when she raises her arms, her armpits show). Well, that, and I'm sure that alot of fans have the hots for Raymoo, so they just say it's the armpits XD.

I personally find Raymoo to be really cute. Actually, I have a picture of her imitating the most adorable character there is. Here you go =D Of course, even with this, Raymoo still doesn't compare to Yuyu =3.

Err....the first episode of Wolf and Spice is out =D I will watch it sometime.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm going to watch this awesome show called "Baccano!" which is apparently really great. Need to finish Oh! Edo Rocket first though.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #33
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
I don't think it's a serious fetish.
You weren't watching Princess Tutu carefully enough, BBB!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"Raymoo"? Are you sure you don't mean Reimu? (Which wouldn't even be pronounced the same way you'd pronounce "raymoo." Or at least not for me. I'd say ray-MOO, but REI-mu.)

Anyway, "the miko in red" (since that's all I know her as) is definitely my favorite. My initial favorite was (iirc) Marisa? (the blonde witch) But I think the red miko is cuter and she's probably my favorite now. I really don't understand all the Alice love, but whatever.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #35
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
"Raymoo"? Are you sure you don't mean Reimu? (Which wouldn't even be pronounced the same way you'd pronounce "raymoo." Or at least not for me. I'd say ray-MOO, but REI-mu.)
That's what we on the chat call her I don't know where the name came from, but we use it. I know she is called "Raymoo" in this walfas flash. I don't think that's where the name came from, but meh. In that same site, there's a flash where she runs a fast food restaurant and that might be it, but I'm still not sure. I should ask my chat buddies on where the name came from.

EDIT: Alright, I asked, and the fast food restaurant is indeed where "Raymoo" came from.

Quote:
Anyway, "the miko in red" (since that's all I know her as) is definitely my favorite. My initial favorite was (iirc) Marisa? (the blonde witch) But I think the red miko is cuter and she's probably my favorite now. I really don't understand all the Alice love, but whatever.
Err....miko in red? I don't know who you are referring to @_@ (please explain her a little further. I can guarantee that I have pictures of her though =D) As for the Alice/Marisa love thing, I think it has something to do with the fact that a) They are neighbors. b) They are partners in Touhou 8 (Imperishable Night) and c) They are the opposite in alot of ways. There might be some dialogue in Imperishable Night that would point out to it, but the freaking English patch won't install ><

I am kind of surprised though, because I kind of thought that your favorite would be Sakuya (just a hunch.) Anyway, my favorite is, of course, Youmu. For some reason, I am quickly attached to a character I am the best with in a game. That's from IaMP. Her fighting style matches my in-your-face fighting style perfectly =D She's also very cute. I mean, look at this X3 As for my second favorite, it is the "Oh My God! X3 X3 X3!!!" super adorable Yuyuko. I mean, not only is she super cute, but she's really funny as well, and who doesn't love that whimsical personality?

Err....umm....ahahaha. ^_^; As you can tell, I wanted to let alot out. I will stop myself there though. Wait. Doppel, this is for you! Anyway, I have Wolf and Spice downloaded (I don't think I will be able to watch it without being pissed at my computer though.) I will watch it whenever.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The miko in red is the girl you JUST SHOWED. The so-called "Raymoo." I'm saying I like her. She's who I use when I (rarely) play IaMP.

Update on IaMP: Haven't touched it, haven't had time to scratch my head (seriously, have barely even had time to mast........icate my food properly), and thus haven't had time to go to the mall to purchase my much-needed replacement for this broken Dell ball-mouse I have. (The Kensington laser-mouse I have is good only on Linux, apparently. Windows hates it, and so does my wallet considering it devours 2 AA batteries in under 48 hours when not even in use. O_o Didn't use to do that. O_o) So anyway, I'll be headed to the mall to get that gaming controller Friday or Saturday, don't you worry.

Back to Touhou discussion: Sakuya? Is she related to Kaguya (the moon one) by any chance? If Sakuya is the knife-throwing girl, (a) no! :x and (b) you don't know me at all O_o. I thought that's who Sakuya was. Oh well. I don't know the Touhou girls by names at all yet, so whatever. If it is her, then bleh. If it's not her, then disregard me + correct me and explain both who Sakuya is and what the name of the knife-girl is.

The girls I like are the miko in red (Reimu, I'm assuming), Kaguya-hime, and the purple-haired girl with the white rabbit ears. This is solely based on looks with zero knowledge of personality.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

My favourite characters is Cirno, the strongest in Gensokyo. Sakuya is the maid of the Scarlet Mansion mistress vampire. She's the only character on PCB that I'm actually good with.

Going to watch anime from now until mid-night. Yee-haw!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That walfas flash was cute.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #39
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The miko in red is the girl you JUST SHOWED. The so-called "Raymoo." I'm saying I like her. She's who I use when I (rarely) play IaMP.
Ohhhh. That was my first thought, but you kind of mentioned her as if she was a different character than who we were discussing, so I was confused.
Quote:
Update on IaMP: Haven't touched it, haven't had time to scratch my head (seriously, have barely even had time to mast........icate my food properly), and thus haven't had time to go to the mall to purchase my much-needed replacement for this broken Dell ball-mouse I have. (The Kensington laser-mouse I have is good only on Linux, apparently. Windows hates it, and so does my wallet considering it devours 2 AA batteries in under 48 hours when not even in use. O_o Didn't use to do that. O_o) So anyway, I'll be headed to the mall to get that gaming controller Friday or Saturday, don't you worry.
Alrightey. Let me know and I will give you a link to the chat. You see, I won't be logging on AIM much at all because it will slow my IaMP matches even more than it usually does. You will be a welcome opponent to us =D Anyway, you do have all of the characters unlocked and caster, don't you?

Quote:
Back to Touhou discussion: Sakuya? Is she related to Kaguya (the moon one) by any chance? If Sakuya is the knife-throwing girl, (a) no! :x and (b) you don't know me at all O_o. I thought that's who Sakuya was. Oh well. I don't know the Touhou girls by names at all yet, so whatever. If it is her, then bleh. If it's not her, then disregard me + correct me and explain both who Sakuya is and what the name of the knife-girl is.
Sakuya is the maid who uses knives. I thought she would be your favorite because you usually go for the mature and sexy ones, and Sakuya definitely is that. I mean, look at these pictures. Come on man =D Anyway, just a little funfact, Sakuya is believed to be a lunarian (since you mentioned Kaguya, I figured I'd throw that at you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
My favourite characters is Cirno, the strongest in Gensokyo. Sakuya is the maid of the Scarlet Mansion mistress vampire. She's the only character on PCB that I'm actually good with.
Cirno is awesome =D Anyway, I kind of sucked with Sakuya. She wasn't powerful enough. My best in almost all of the actual Touhou games are Marisa. I mean, she's fast and powerful. Also, who doesn't love the masterspark?

Quote:
That Walfas flash was cute.
Which one? I put two up there.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #40
Talon87
時の彼方へ

White hair on guys = awesome. (Examples that come to mind: Archer, Dr. Emmett Brown, the guy who played Soran in Star Trek: Generations)

White hair on women = fugly. :x (Examples that come tomind: DOA3's Christie, X-Men's Storm, and Sakuya :P)

I also strongly dislike blue-eyes. Which I finally realized when I realized that my long-held belief that "blonde hair < brown hair" was crushed when I figured that I actually prefer blonde hair + brown eyes to brown hair + brown eyes. (I still think that, depending on the girl, auburn hair, i.e. red + brown hair, is better than blonde.)

Also, purple hair + purply-red eyes for the win. (Ayane. )

EDIT: The first Walfas. The one about fire. And the fridge.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #41
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Sakuya's not powerful but Marisa can't aim worth a darn. While I like the Master-Spark (it is one dang fine bomb) it's not needed 99% of the time since killing the opponents with bullet alone is suppposed to be the way to go. No spell-cards any other way.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

In fighters with speed vs. damage trade-offs, I always go for "fastest but lightest-hitting." Like in DOA, for example, I always play Kasumi and Ayane; rarely mid-speed girls like Hitomi or Lei Fang; and never slow characters like Helena or (even worse) Bayman and Leon and Bass.

So whoever is the fastest girl in IaMP (both in terms of speed with which her salvos are fired, and in terms of speed with which she can jump around the screen) would probably be my pick. But I've only ever tried Reimu and Marisa, #1 and #2. Because I couldn't properly play (read: I could only hit the A button, the B button, or the C button, basically. No combos, and no D button), I had no fun because I just kept hitting B all the time (the attack that, for Reimu, sends out her spell tags towards the opponent in a straight line of just 1 "row" ... not the fan of 5, that's Button C). I usually would die twice per round, but eventually would win. That quit being the case against this one girl you fight inside what looks like a ballroom or something, and I gave up.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #43
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Aww ;_; That's a shame. I'm not picky about haircolor. Of course, I still like shades of red better than any. White is fine with me as well. Actually, incase you didn't make the connection, my favorite Touhou character has white hair ;_; (don't worry, I won't go picture crazy this post. I want to, but I will hold back.)

As for your thing for purple hair and purply red eyes, I'll take it that your third favorite touhou character is something that goes by that. Oh, incase you didn't know, the purple-haired bunny girl's name is Reisen

Anyway, despite all of that. The girl that is above all is a girl with brown hair and red eyes =D I don't care what anyone says.

Oh. I loved that flash XD That actually started my love for Yuyu. She's great. Did you see the picture of her eating the orange? That was just utterly adorable X3

Also, they are throwing a new name at me for IaMP ;_; They are calling me "the virus". What the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Sakuya's not powerful but Marisa can't aim worth a darn. While I like the Master-Spark (it is one dang fine bomb) it's not needed 99% of the time since killing the opponents with bullet alone is suppposed to be the way to go. No spell-cards any other way.
With Marisa's speed, I just move all over the board. I admit that with her, I actually need some aim myself, but that's fine with me. With Sakuya, I never can kill the bosses, I have to wait for the timer to go down, and I don't have the patience for that. Also, I only use spellcards for defending myself when I'm about to die. I never actually use them for offense either, but the Masterspark is pretty awesome in IaMP.

Quote:
In fighters with speed vs. damage trade-offs, I always go for "fastest but lightest-hitting." Like in DOA, for example, I always play Kasumi and Ayane; rarely mid-speed girls like Hitomi or Lei Fang; and never slow characters like Helena or (even worse) Bayman and Leon and Bass.

So whoever is the fastest girl in IaMP (both in terms of speed with which her salvos are fired, and in terms of speed with which she can jump around the screen) would probably be my pick. But I've only ever tried Reimu and Marisa, #1 and #2. Because I couldn't properly play (read: I could only hit the A button, the B button, or the C button, basically. No combos, and no D button), I had no fun because I just kept hitting B all the time (the attack that, for Reimu, sends out her spell tags towards the opponent in a straight line of just 1 "row" ... not the fan of 5, that's Button C). I usually would die twice per round, but eventually would win. That quit being the case against this one girl you fight inside what looks like a ballroom or something, and I gave up.
If that is the case, then Remilia is for you. You have to unlock her, but she's worth it. She's the fastest in the game. However, I still prefer Youmu, because I can't chain up combos with Remi (Youmu's the second fastest in the game). Remi is indeed the super-quick and light-hitting character, but Youmu is the pretty quick, hard-hitting, and in-your-face combo juggernaut that I go for.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:08 AM   #44
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
With Marisa's speed, I just move all over the board. I admit that with her, I actually need some aim myself, but that's fine with me. With Sakuya, I never can kill the bosses, I have to wait for the timer to go down, and I don't have the patience for that. Also, I only use spellcards for defending myself when I'm about to die. I never actually use them for offense either, but the Masterspark is pretty awesome in IaMP.
I don't see how Marisa's speed is of any use at the upper levels of the game when the bullets are everywhere. How far did you get and on what difficulty?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #45
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Unfortunately, I only beat it on normal. I still can't beat it without using a damn continue. Anyway, her speed does help in the later levels as well. I am able to maneuver around the massive onslaught of bullets better, and against the bosses, I can follow the boss when she is moving all around the screen.

Of course, speed can also hurt you @_@ In Touhou 8 (Imperishable Night) Youmu is TOO fast! I usually switch super-slow to Yuyu because I usually run into bullets when using Youmu. I mean, Youmu is like Marisa on steroids, as in she has insane amounts of power and speed. However, she sacrifices even more aiming power (only two bullets come out of her). If her ghost homed in on enemies though, she would be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:00 AM   #46
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Watching Wolf and Spice - it's OK, but there's some subtle un-spoken dialogue that I liked! Something that irks me, though, is the censorship - Horo looks weird without nipples. It's not like I'm looking forward to nudity (far from it!) but something just feels off about her looks as a human-like being. Fanservice was kept at a minimum, thankfully - animation-wise, this show reminds me of Shakugan no Shana. Art-wise, something I've never seen before. One thing that bugs me is that sometimes, the skin on certain girls look like plastic.

Like Kaiji 01 I think this episode is probably just the start of something wonderous to come. I liked the episode quite a bit.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 AM   #47
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Still haven't downloaded it yet since I'm waiting for multiple fansub groups to start work on it, and am hoping for a familiar friend (e.g. ShinsenSubs, SS-Eclipse) to declare their intentions to do the job and do it right. I mean, other groups may be good, but ... I've never even heard of "BSS," and it looks like they just started.

Then again, i'd never heard of Ayako, either, and their translator proved to be better than a.f.k.'s. So ...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #48
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

BSS, formerly BSS-anon, was the group who did Gurren-Lagann's subs within a day. When they were just "BSS" they sucked really really badly (laughable, even), but after becoming BSS-anon they were (in my view) one of the best subbing groups around, time constraints NOT considered! Right now they're just plain old BSS but I checked out their Moyashimon subs and there's been an enormus improvement. I don't think anon is working for them right now, so they must have got their stuff together.

I watched their sub of Spice and Wolf (which appears to be the right title, since it's written in English in the ED).
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #49
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The original title is Ookami to Koushinryou. Ask any bilingual (be they English native or Japanese native) and they'll tell you that the most appropriate translation of that is "Wolf and Spice." If they were truly bilingual (or at least an advanced student of both languages), they might tack on that a second possible reading would be "Spice with Wolf," but that this is unlikely because (normally) one would say it the other way around (just as one would in English): "Wolf with Spice," "Cake with Sugar," etc. However, grammatically, that is how it's set up:

(1) X and Y = X to Y
(2) Y with X = X to Y

I agree with you that the official English title is "Spice and Wolf," but it's another unfortunate case in the long, tired list of mistranslations in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Downloading Kaiji 14 as we speak. It's out, gentlemen. Go! (Probably won't get to watch it myself. Not unless it's done in the next 10 minutes; says it'll be done in 30. I have to be at a restaurant in 70 minutes with very limited parking, so ...)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime